Post New Thread
News junky by Pinnerite[_2_]
Because I am a bit of a news junky, I flip between the four news services each morning. It's great to have clear HD images on our new 55 inch monster but I can no longer easily flip between all four channels because RT has not joined the BBC, Sky and Al Jazerra. Some people are never satisfied. :) -- ___________________________________________________ Mageia 3 for x86_64, Kernel: 3.8.13.4...
December 11th 13 10:30 PM
by Woody[_5_] Go to last post
5 218
TOT Caravaning by Dave Saville[_2_]
A good friend has bought a caravan. He needs cheering up. Many years ago one Michael Green wrote a series of funny books entitiled "The Art of Coarse Golf/Acting/Rugby" etc.. He never did one about caravaning, but anyone know of a humourous book about caravaning in similar vein? TIA -- Regards Dave Saville
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 11th 13 12:15 PM
by The Other Mike Go to last post
33 587
missing news item by Tim+[_2_]
Bill Wright wrote: http://metro.co.uk/2013/12/07/muslim-patrol-vigilantes-jailed-for-sharia-law-attacks-in-london-4221898/ http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2519519/Muslim-Patrol-jailed-harassing-couple-holding-hands-men-drinking-bid-enforce-Sharia-law-East-London.html ...
December 11th 13 11:10 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
4 223
Don't panic about FM switch off next month. by hwh[_2_]
On 10/12/13 10:18, tony sayer wrote: radio Hilversum was changed from 200 kW mixed to 200 kW V How odd.. I wonder if they changed the total ERP at all?.. No, 100 kW H + 100 kW V - 200 kW V. gr, hwh
December 10th 13 07:24 PM
by hwh[_2_] Go to last post
4 135
Scottish TV at the expense of the English and Welsh by Michael Chare[_3_]
I Scotland becomes a separate country how will we stop them from benefiting from free satellite TV paid for by the English and Welsh? -- Michael Chare
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 10th 13 12:04 PM
by Zimmy[_2_] Go to last post
147 2,367
Don't panic about FM switch off next month. by JohnT[_7_]
"Jim Lesurf" wrote in message ... In article , Mark Carver wrote: On 09/12/2013 09:56, Jim Lesurf wrote: It's certainly 'wrapped up' in something more contemporary I think, but peel all that away, and it's a NICAM stream inside. You'd have thought ...
December 10th 13 11:57 AM
by JohnT[_7_] Go to last post
0 188
new mux from Emley by Bill Wright[_2_]
Thereís a mux on ch32 from Emley. I havenít looked inside it yet, but as received on a Gp B aerial itís at -8dB relative to the rough average of the others. Bill
December 9th 13 06:02 PM
by Bob Latham Go to last post
2 165
Freeview glitches yesterday evening. by Brian Gaff
Did not seem to be any particular channel but the odd word was just cut out, even on the just background sound. Not my end as aerial in loft, so suspect the weater might have been involved at some point. Physically, how do the signals get to Crystal Palace? over microwave links or by cable systems and what might be common to most. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is ...
December 9th 13 08:49 AM
by Clem Dye[_2_] Go to last post
9 268
goodies for sale or for free by Bill Wright[_2_]
Steve Birkill, sent me this: I'm organising a near-giveaway sale of RF, TV and microwave gear in the next few weeks, here in Sheffield. Rather than trying to describe it in detail, I ask you to view this page: http://www.clusterphone.com/sale.htm I only need a few committed individuals to ensure all this stuff finds a good home. If I can gather enough expressions of interest I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 8th 13 10:38 AM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
11 527
Tom Daley by Woody[_5_]
"Brian Gaff" wrote in message ... And some will be wondering exactly why this is news in the first place of course. Brian +1 --
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 7th 13 01:24 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
25 581
Can you do better than Boris? by Roger Mills[_2_]
On 04/12/2013 09:43, Brian Gaff wrote: Well, what the heck do these questions have to do with running an administration? This is what is wrong with teaching today, not relevant to real world events. How many bears do you find in Islington?
December 7th 13 12:11 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
7 285
Channel Isles by Bill Wright[_2_]
Can someone remind me, isn't there something unusual about the muxes broadcast from the CI txs? Different services or something? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 6th 13 08:21 PM
by Woody[_5_] Go to last post
15 399
ON topic! Crystal Palace by [email protected]
Stuck within view of the site the other day in a horrendous traffic jam due to roadworks, I noticed a new UHF stack being erected half-way up the tower. Presumably for the new London local TV service?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 6th 13 06:12 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
32 667
Loss of RT on Samsung smart T V. by Rick[_10_]
I have two Samsung smart TVs (receiving from the Mendip transmitter) when switching over to Russia Today, channel 85, they both display the programme for several seconds and then revert to the RT red button in the top right hand corner of the screen, changing channels and coming back again simply reproduces the same problem. I don't know whether it's a transmission fault or the TVs -...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 4th 13 05:17 PM
by Rick[_10_] Go to last post
14 252
OT helicopter crash by Bill Wright[_2_]
Apparently the helicopter weighed three tons. The landing was soft, presumably because the pilot feathered the rotor to provide lift in the final few moments. Evidently the helicopter did not crash through the ceiling but more fell through. This makes me wonder about the condition of the roof. Three tons is not that much. It looks from the pictures on the TV as if the roof has been recently...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 4th 13 04:15 PM
by Johny B Good[_2_] Go to last post
57 1,072
Pointless Interrupted by Ian
On BBC 1HD, Pointless has just been interrupted by a giant new BBC ident, consisting of three glass/perspex style boxes wit a letter each. Just thought I'd mention it. -- Ian
December 4th 13 02:50 PM
by Ian Go to last post
5 228
BBC restores some Freeview radio in Scotland by Mark Carver
I see the Beeb are about to restore *some* of their radio stations on Freeview, while BBC Alba is on the air. http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/aboutthebbc/posts/I-can-hear-it-coming-in-the-air-tonight-the-return-of-five-radio-stations-in-the-evenings-on-Freeview-in-Scotland Space will be freed up, partly by reducing the audio bit rate on the TV channels from 256 to 192k. --
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 4th 13 01:15 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
21 497
Loss of RT on Samsung smart T V. by Rick[_10_]
I have two Samsung smart TVs (receiving from the Mendip transmitter) when switching over to Russia Today, channel 85, they both display the programme for several seconds and then revert to the RT red button in the top right hand corner of the screen, changing channels and coming back again simply reproduces the same problem. I don't know whether it's a transmission fault or the TVs -...
December 4th 13 10:17 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
1 107
Loss of RT on Samsung smart T V. by Rick[_10_]
I have two Samsung smart TVs (receiving from the Mendip transmitter) when switching over to Russia Today, channel 85, they both display the programme for several seconds and then revert to the RT red button in the top right hand corner of the screen, changing channels and coming back again simply reproduces the same problem. I don't know whether it's a transmission fault or the TVs -...
December 3rd 13 08:33 PM
by Rick[_10_] Go to last post
0 158
Attic aerial for Rowridge by Mike Murphy
Hi all, my roof aerial has fallen to bits leaving just the dipole and reflector - and it still works, amazingly. I would like some advice regarding which group A aerial to buy to go in the loft. I am 23 km from Rowridge. Regards - Mike
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 3rd 13 08:16 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
21 579