Post New Thread
Artificial speech hoots. by Brian Gaff
I have one of those Goodmans Smart talk boxes which I got on the switchover scheme. OK they work adequately, but do have some foibles, I've mentioned the incredible vanishing AD here before, but one of the designers must have had a sense of humour, as although the speech of the menus and such is pretty clear, the programme names are often not so lucky. Here is what it sounds like it says and...
September 23rd 13 12:26 PM
by Peter Duncanson Go to last post
5 180
4oD - is its performance worse than iPlayer? by Clive Page[_4_]
I intended to record the programme on Channel 4 a week or so back on the Zeppelin attacks on London during the first world war (as one of my father's earliest memories is of seeing a Zeppelin flying over Essex). But somehow I didn't set the recorder up correctly, so this evening we watched it via a laptop using the 4oD system, which I hadn't used before. Unfortunately the playback paused...
September 23rd 13 08:52 AM
by Clive Page[_4_] Go to last post
3 402
iplayer problem by Dickie mint[_2_]
Sort of digital tv, so sort of on topic?! Haven't found this problem by searching. Having had my Humax Foxsat HDR chop the last 30 minutes of "The Wipers Times" by declaring a conflict and a set recording had a higher priority (there was no other recording made at 2200!) I thought I'd download it from iplayer. iplayer says its version expires at 1029pm today. So I downloaded a
September 22nd 13 11:39 PM
by Derek F[_3_] Go to last post
8 229
TOT spelling by Bill Wright[_2_]
I see that some contributors to this group spell certain simple short words incorrectly, even though their general standard of literacy is good. I always spell certain words wrongly. An example is 'rediculous'. Anyone else aware of their habitual mistakes, but find themselves powerless to improve? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 22nd 13 07:55 PM
by Grimly Curmudgeon[_2_] Go to last post
52 756
behaviour of lead-acid batteries by Grimly Curmudgeon[_2_]
On Fri, 30 Aug 2013 16:30:16 +0100, "Woody" wrote: And yes, around 13 at Lidl, about 30 in Halfrauds, and even more in a caravan shop for an identical but differently badged unit! They come around at Lidl (or Aldi) about every three months or so. They are superb little units - I now have four of the blighters. Blew one up through wild abuse and Lidl happily...
September 22nd 13 06:29 PM
by Grimly Curmudgeon[_2_] Go to last post
2 163
TOT - LED lightbulbs M v F by MartinR
Changed the 5 50W GU10 halogen bulbs in my kitchen with these from LED Hut. http://bit.ly/1a6PpHp Supposedly 45w equivalent, dimmable and warm white colour temperature, they consume a total of 18W as against 300w for the halogens, so got to be worth a go. They are slightly dimmer (not surprising) and slightly colder (also not surprising as they don't radiate IR) but I was unprepared for the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 22nd 13 05:51 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
38 743
DIY Freesat follow up by rbel[_2_]
Earlier this year I started a couple of threads concerning my venture into Freesat and putting together an HTPC. All has gone very well and for a couple of months we have been receiving Freesat via the 60 cms dish and the HTPC running WMC with no problems except for the occasional picture break-up on BBC2 HD. Have tried retuning the channel a couple of times but still get the occasional...
September 22nd 13 04:35 PM
by Graham.[_2_] Go to last post
8 235
YouTube problems on the HD-Fox T2. by Rick[_10_]
Both a friend and myself are suffering from the same problem related to YouTube on our HD-Fox T2 Freeview receivers, everything runs through the procedure okay until it reaches the point of loading the actual clip, the spinning symbol (which resembles the old Nationwide logo) suddenly throws a wobbly, displaying green and blue screens, which will then revert back to normal TV, the BBC...
September 21st 13 09:56 PM
by Rick[_10_] Go to last post
2 283
Wake Up by [email protected]
Duncan Bannatyne reveals how to set up a business and make it a great success.this book provides the perfect wake-up call for you to change your life for the better Download Audiobook http://zufiles.com/download.php?link=SsdkC
0 137
Humax PVR 9150T remotes, type RT531B by Bill Wright[_2_]
I have a large number of the above remote handsets, brand new and surplus to requirements. If anyone wants one or more, send me a suitable SAE. The remotes are 9.25 long. Bill Wright's Aerials 43 Greaves Sike Lane Micklebring Rotherham S66 7RR
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 20th 13 06:51 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
10 647
4G strikes by Bill Wright[_2_]
We are starting to have problems with our communal TV systems thanks to 4G. Systems using Belmont are the worst affected. I'll report here as the situation unfolds. Bill
September 20th 13 06:19 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
1 178
Free Time v smart TV by Andrew Hodgson[_2_]
Hi guys, Sorry if this has been covered recently. I am Wanting to get BBC IPlayer and other catchup stuff via the television. I can get basic IPlayer via the Freesat Humax box, but want to get other services as well. Looking at either a Free Time box (Humax or similar), or getting a smart TV (which seems to have more functionality).
September 19th 13 09:29 PM
by Andrew Hodgson[_2_] Go to last post
4 320
fault report today by Bill Wright[_2_]
An unstable man has pulled at her box and two wires have come out. Her neighbour has the same problem. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 19th 13 06:45 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
10 239
the dimmest thing I've done today by R. Mark Clayton
"Bill Wright" wrote in message ... I have two locations where I keep large identical bottles of rum. At A the bottle was empty; at B it was almost full. None of the local supermarkets have an offer on rum at the moment. Consumption is much faster at A than at B. I took the empty bottle from A to B and poured three-quarters of the...
September 18th 13 05:21 PM
by Ian Field Go to last post
4 101
Sure its been asked before - BBC local news in HD? by larkim
I know that this has been discussed before, but I don't remember seeing one particular aspect answered (might be wrong). Why can BBC local channels broadcast their snippets of news which are injected into the first few seconds of the BBC1 10 O'Clock News (in HD), whereas they have to broadcast birdsong and a holding page for the local news when their slot arrives at about 10:25pm? Matt
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 18th 13 02:05 PM
by Dickie mint[_2_] Go to last post
42 667
Getting a better DAB signal (indoors) by Jim
Firstly humble apologies if this is the wrong group, I did look for a D.A.B. based group but drew a black. Anyway I have a rubbish signal with DAB sometimes and would like to improve but I'm a bit limited on what I can do about it, right now I have just the standard wire thing that comes with a new hi-fi. Now I can gain access to an old Sky bracket to mount a pole on for an external aerial...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 18th 13 10:46 AM
by Mark[_7_] Go to last post
43 732
the dimmest thing I've done today by Brian Gaff
Well perhaps you were impaired by testing the contents before you did the pouring? Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active "Bill Wright" wrote in message ... I have two locations where I keep large identical bottles of rum. At A the
September 18th 13 09:40 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
0 139
Which pips? by Another John
I'm sure this has been asked many times before, but I haven't seen it ..... I had both my digital radio and my FM radio on this teatime, in different rooms. At 6pm The Pips were broadcast. Given that digital is always out of synch with FM -- which is the more accurate time signal? Come to think of it I have another question, related, and equally dumb. Given that digital is digital, and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 17th 13 11:29 AM
by tedjrr[_3_] Go to last post
70 1,277
Another DAB or FM aerial question. by [email protected]
What quality of aerial (in relation to reception, not build, quality) would be made from simply stripping a length of coax to (half?) the wavelength so the internal core wire is exposed? If the point at which the outer braid is stripped is the covered in self-amalgamating tape for a measure of weather-proofin, could a reasonable aerial be made? TIA.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 16th 13 05:52 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
23 477
Both my PVRs have wanered off into the wilderness! by Ian Field
The Digifusion crashed and started up with the OS initialisation screen - it finished rebooting with "no channels currently stored" - having rescanned, I'm now getting East Midlands local BBC news (should be Look East from Sandy Heath). Fiine - I'll just watch Look East on the Humax, no such luck - that's picking up BBC London (the aerial isn't even pointing that way).
September 15th 13 05:11 PM
by Ian Field Go to last post
4 177
Post New Thread