Post New Thread
Sky viewing card by Ian Jackson[_2_]
I've been given a Sky Thompson HD STB, and it works fine without any card as an SD Freesat receiver. However, it won't allow me to tune to the out-of-region ITV channels etc (like you can on a free-to-air satellite receiver), and seems to be locked to the ITV region where it was used a 'proper' Sky box. My question is, will a viewing card allow it to work unrestricted as a FTA STB (and with...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 1st 13 11:57 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
20 576
The child is father to the man by Scion
Bill Wright put finger to keyboard: Dave Plowman (News) wrote: In article , Bill Wright wrote: Yes, but it wouldn't occur to most of us that 'monkey' is a racial insult, You don't get out much, do you?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 1st 13 09:12 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
47 771
Aerial wobblies? by Brian Gaff
With the winds down here in the south, I'd imagine quite a lot of people will be in need of an aerial soon as the weather calms. I was told quite a few of the outside ones around here were swinging wildly last night. I do wonder why they need to be outside round here though. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 31st 13 11:17 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
44 614
Reduced picture quality on recordings by Derek F[_4_]
We have a Humax 9200T PVR (circa 2008) and also a Toshiba RD-XV48DTKB. I have never been all that happy with the Toshiba recording quality to HD now the Humax recordings are beginning to look rather like a twice copied VCR tape. Viewing directly from either machine the picture is still good. What reason for the loss of picture quality? Derek.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 31st 13 08:54 AM
by hawkins Go to last post
43 658
Another Freesat from Sky query by Woody[_5_]
I asked on here a few weeks ago if a Sky HD card with F-f-S viewing card would get the HD channels, to which of course the answer was yes. Now another two questions: I have the option of a second room Sky HD box that does not have recording capabilities (we don't need.) (a) Will that box work stand-alone without the main box and (b) does it need a viewing card of its own (indeed does it...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 30th 13 07:06 PM
by Woody[_5_] Go to last post
11 383
LNB bracket for Sky Zone 2 dish by David.WE.Roberts
I've found out what was wrong with the satellite dish. The clamp on the bracket (at the end of the arm) that screws down to hold the quad LNB in place is broken - the plastic pivot bit on the opposite side to the screw has snapped. I an looking for a replacement but not doing too well. The nearest thing I have found so far is
October 30th 13 02:21 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
3 682
Slightly OT - Samasung tablet and video by Jonathan[_2_]
I asked recently about connecting my Samsung Galaxy Tab2 to my Sony Bravia TV and with your help this has now been achieved. I have a video that I bought using the Samsung Video Hub app. I can watch this on the tablet and it is definitely downloaded because it runs with the Wi-Fi off. The TV cannot find it when I connect. When I search for a file with the name of the video on the tablet I cannot...
October 29th 13 08:56 PM
by Jonathan[_2_] Go to last post
2 174
Dear CH 5 what do you have against blind viewers? by Brian Gaff
Now some may recall, earlier in the year. 5 screened a double cross over episode of CSI and CSI new york. They audio described CSI but not New york. when I enquired about this cock up they told me that the New York part had been bundled with the rest of the series to be Audio described later in time for the showing of the whole last series later in the year. I though they are mad.. Now...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 28th 13 02:46 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
19 444
performance of 4G filter by Bill Wright[_2_]
I haven't had much time for this sort of thing, but a Labgear filter turned up here so I tested it. channel (average for 8MHz channel):loss in dB 54:1.7 56: 2.2 58:3.3 59: 4.2 60: 10.9 61: 31.6
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 27th 13 07:22 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
25 608
Linking tablet to TV by Jonathan[_2_]
We have a Sony TV bought about a year ago. It has WiFi on it and broadcasts a strong signal when it is on. I have a video downloaded on my Samsung Galaxy ~Tab 2 tablet that I would like to watch on the TV. Is there some easy way to do this? Many thanks Jonathan
October 27th 13 11:06 AM
by Jonathan[_2_] Go to last post
4 250
Relays (not that sort of relay) by Bill Wright[_2_]
Interesting to think why we call small TV transmitting stations relays. But anyway, why do relays have terminals called A1, A2, 15, 16, 18, etc? Is there a standard nomenclature? Curious, Micklebring.
October 26th 13 08:21 PM
by Graham.[_2_] Go to last post
5 197
TOT Picture of an 'LED light-bulb' by [email protected]
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2467608/Now-theres-bright-idea-Chinese-scientists-invent-worlds-wifi-emitting-lightbulb.html
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 25th 13 08:44 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
34 470
Have Crystal Palace polished their aerials? by Brian Gaff
I have been having issues with channels vanishing of late, and contrary to what one might think an attenuator seems to have fixed the issue. Only 6db but its now working again. As nothing my end has altered, same cheapo Goodmans box etc, it has to be the signals that have increased in strength. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 24th 13 06:40 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
11 304
[TOT] Samsung TV app devkit for 2009 TVs? by Paul D Smith[_2_]
Anyone know if there is a devkit/SDK which would allow me to create a simple applet for a 2009 vintage TV (LE40C580J1K to be precise). The applet would be very simple and just do the following: - Switch source to HDMI - Enable PiP - Enable "sub" sound (so PiP sound not HDMI). I'm just trying to find a nice workaround to the crap "PiP disabled if
October 23rd 13 12:56 PM
by Paul D Smith[_2_] Go to last post
3 254
Losing terrestrial TV signal by Mark[_7_]
My digital TV reception was fine for a number of years. In the last 2-3 months we occasionally get short periods where we seem to lose signal quality. Symptons range from audio glitches and picture freezing to complete loss of signal. On occasions where I have checked the signal quality level (normally 100%) varies wildly from 0-50%. This is a Humax 9300 PVR. Transmitter is Ridge Hill. --...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 23rd 13 12:16 PM
by tony sayer Go to last post
71 1,201
Alex Salmond by Graham.[_2_]
Why is he speaking from behind a hi-viz wheelie bin? -- Graham. %Profound_observation%
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 22nd 13 08:07 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
17 408
AD update. by Brian Gaff
Firstly, no # yet from 5, but tonight, erm last night they showed both episodes again with AD on both, but on 5USA. What are they doing? Really, well they just sent me an email asking me exactly the info I gave them in the original email about Alkatraz. They say to pass on to engineers. I personally don't think its an engineering problem its a human problem, ie a cock up or as we say, finger...
October 21st 13 02:13 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
3 196
Sky HD query by Woody[_5_]
I don't have HD but I'm about to set it up for someone. Am I right in thinking that a Sky HD box can only output HD in 720p or 1080i? If so then I presume 1080p is for DVD/BR players only? In which case if the TV is only used for TV viewing by satellite there is no need to buy a 1080p TV - correct? Is it the same for Freeview HD?
October 21st 13 09:19 AM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
7 231
Sky dish with freview tv - unbelievable?? by Ghostrecon
I understood that you need a freesat STB to get tv from the 3rd LNB (first 2 used for sky plus)of a sky dish? has something changed? - My ex had someone run a coax from the 3rd lnb to give my daughter tv in her bedroom - the old freesat box they had didnt work so the guy used a fscrew-aerial adaptor and plugged into the aerial socket of a Logik freeview tv and got a picture straight away - no...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 20th 13 11:06 PM
by Graham.[_2_] Go to last post
15 452
com7 testing by Scott[_2_]
I read (UK Free TV) that testing of the new BBC HD multiplex is taking place at Crystal Palace. Does anyone know when testing is likely to start at other transmitters, specifically Blackhill?
October 20th 13 08:48 AM
by Scott[_2_] Go to last post
0 141
Post New Thread