Post New Thread
Video sender? by Brian Gaff
Just a note as the other day I was idly tuning around the tv bands on uhf on my scanner when I heard the distinct noise of analogue vission and a weak sound carrier. Would this most probably be some kind of video sender soneone locally still has? I could not resolve it except on the radio and I think the sound was fm and in the foreign. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address...
September 5th 13 10:18 PM
by Mike[_19_] Go to last post
3 223
another totally off topic post by Bill Wright[_2_]
I have Lasting Power of Attorney for my dad. The building society (bank, really) did that trick where the interest on his ISA dropped to 0.00000000000001%, so I went in to transfer the money to another account. No problem said the girl. The deed was done. A week later father got a letter. The account can't be changed because it's a passbook account. Just call in to the local branch and we'll...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 5th 13 06:18 PM
by alan Go to last post
68 960
Humax 9200T slowed up again by Dave Farrance
After the rescan that was prompted a week or two back, my Humax 9200T has become grindingly slow again. That's happened in the past and then been fixed by a firmware update that changed the way it worked to free up a few processor cycles. So I guess that a bunch more channels have pushed it over the edge again, but I'd be surprised if Humax bother trying to fix the antique this time. Anybody...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 5th 13 12:32 PM
by Peter Duncanson Go to last post
14 309
Daily Torygraph left wing bias. by Grimly Curmudgeon[_2_]
On Mon, 26 Aug 2013 13:23:40 +0200, Martin wrote: I believe all police should be armed and that everybody should carry an ID card. This isn't Germany or other parts of Europe, where the population is used to that kind of **** and has been for generations. You can't catch criminals and terrorists, if you don't know who they are.
September 5th 13 08:44 AM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
2 92
I said what? by Bill Wright[_2_]
Late night phone call with a friend, me very tired. He said, "Do you know what you just said?" "What do you mean?" "You just said '405' when you meant 'SD'!" "I never! Ohh, I did, didn't I? Good grief!" Bill
September 4th 13 12:08 PM
by Davey Go to last post
6 161
Weir-d power? by Brian Gaff
I understand that along the Thames there are plans to use the power of the water at weirs to run a kind of hydro electric power station or few. already the Nimbies are out moaning about the blot on the landscape and noise pollution. Have you ever stood near a Weir, you can't hear yourself think, so surely its got to be quieter than that. Brian --
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 4th 13 11:43 AM
by R. Mark Clayton Go to last post
30 328
David Jacobs RIP... by tony sayer
Very sad event. One of those characters very well remembered from the best days of TV many years ago. Juke box jury was compulsive listening on a Saturday night in those 405 days:) http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-23938128 -- Tony Sayer
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 4th 13 09:54 AM
by Pinnerite[_2_] Go to last post
20 389
Daily Torygraph left wing bias. by Mark[_7_]
On Mon, 26 Aug 2013 13:23:40 +0200, Martin wrote: On Mon, 26 Aug 2013 11:57:50 +0100, wrote: On Sun, 25 Aug 2013 23:43:31 +0200, Martin wrote: On Sun, 25 Aug 2013 21:26:59 +0100, wrote: snip
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 4th 13 08:28 AM
by Mark[_7_] Go to last post
10 327
Humax retune by John Dean[_2_]
Someone posted a while ago about how to rescan the Humax 9300T one mux at a time so as not to lose the schedule but I seem to have lost it. Could anyone go through the process again? Ta -- John Dean
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 4th 13 08:20 AM
by John Dean[_2_] Go to last post
11 316
BBC eco******** by Bill Wright[_2_]
"Richard Bacon, from 2pm, will be powered by the pedal as exercise bikes are set up in the piazza for guests such as Olympic cyclist, Chris Boardman, members of the public, and Richard himself to Ďhop-oní. All will be trying to generate enough kinetic energy to power Richardís show for the full two hours." Will that include the transmitters? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 2nd 13 08:56 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
11 308
What are BBC TV I player playing at? by Brian Gaff
I just went and looked at the items flagged with AD and they have a large number of them that when played do not have it. Has the drone doing this fallen asleep at the console? The Quatermass Experiment film, Horizon on the Dinasaurs and many more are just silent for us blind folk. Someone has erred, but I know better than to use their frame to conplain, the reply will be three months...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 2nd 13 11:06 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
15 290
NOW TV Box by Derek F[_3_]
If I buy a box from NOW TV for £9.99 with a free months trial is the box then mine to use for iPlayer without any other payment. DeErek
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 2nd 13 10:06 AM
by Zimmy[_2_] Go to last post
11 1,014
Why do they do it? by Brian Gaff
Make the powe supplies of modern equipment as a seperat plug in box, and usually also make it a radio jamming device of excellent efficiency? Is this a subtle Chinese plan to gain control of the world by making any weak signals impossible to here? We need answers. Brian -- Brian Gaff....Note, this account does not accept Bcc: email. graphics are great, but the blind can't hear them
August 31st 13 11:58 AM
by Rick[_10_] Go to last post
7 175
S4C odd message by Bill Wright[_2_]
For part of yesterday evening the programme info on S4C carried the words, 'Warnings, other: See TX note'. Bill
August 31st 13 08:25 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
3 157
Power surge/brownout - SG6 area? by Ian Field
The DAB radio had been reset to standby and I later discovered both PVRs had got tangled up and needed a rescan to sort them out. It was quite handy actually - the FVRT90 freezes during rescan, this restarted with the operating system startup screen and informed me; "no channels currently stored", from this condition it completes a rescan normally.
August 30th 13 03:03 PM
by Ian Field Go to last post
0 125
BT Vision re-booting + BT youview / BT Sport and costs? by [email protected]
Hi, We currently have an old BT vision box, and for the last two or 3 months if we try and use BBC Iplayer the box re-boots itself. i've spoken to various BT people (of the sort of people one of our more celebrated correspondents refuses to speak to) and they all tell me it's a known problem and BT are working to have it fixed ASAP. I wonder whether it is time to get one of their Youview...
0 181
Tesco Technika Freeview HD box. by David[_9_]
Noticed the STBHDIS2010 at Tesco this morning shelf price £26 thought that can't be a bad price so popped one in the trolley, at check out was £23. Nothing about BBC iPlayer on box or in Instructions though, but I did a Search on Google for any updates that could be put in. Sure enough there was one so downloaded that into my PC and transferred to the digi-box via a USB stick. Now it has the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 29th 13 10:25 AM
by Norman Wells[_6_] Go to last post
11 1,039
BBC bias spoils police witness appeal by Bill Wright[_2_]
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-23826825 According to this BBC news item the police asked, "I am appealing for anyone who witnessed the shooting, or who saw anything suspicion in the Kilburn area early this morning, to call police. "In particular, I need to hear from anyone who saw two males who came into the High Road from Messina Avenue and, after the shooting, made off on foot...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 28th 13 12:47 PM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
30 598
scruffy TV crews by Bill Wright[_2_]
For irrelevant reasons I had to sit all afternoon and watch a TV commercial being made. What a set of scruffy oiks! The cameraman had a bobble hat, a juvenile attempt at a beard, a dirty teeshirt with a slogan on it, shorts, and trainers. One of the girls had bright pink hair! The rest of them weren't much better. The other thing was, they seems to have no concept of H & S. They were using...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 26th 13 01:17 PM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
26 422
BBC cuts off caller who doesn't toe their line by Bill Wright[_2_]
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b038h976 Listen from 56 minutes. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 26th 13 12:39 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post