Post New Thread
BBC Confirmation of new HD services by Mark Carver
Posted this morning http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/aboutthebbc/posts/CBBC-HD-CBeebies-HD-BBC-Three-HD-BBC-Four-HD-and-BBC-News-HD-to-launch-on-Tuesday-10-December-2013 -- Mark Please replace invalid and invalid with gmx and net to reply.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 19th 13 11:19 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
98 1,754
DAB for Cars? by UK Traveller
Oh dear! DAB doesn't seem to get much support among the motoring classes either.... http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/84923/dab-radio-why-you-should-switch?_mout=1&utm_campaign=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter Go all the way down to the Discussion.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 19th 13 10:58 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
19 444
BILL - Closesure of FM radio in favour of Digital on BBC News 24 by madge
Radio rebels fight against digital Ahead of the announcement of a timetable for the shutdown of FM radio transmitters, some are rebelling against the switch to digital. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-25344947 Ooh look the BBC is Geeking you out in your SHED. *******s! ignoring the amount of of the population who haven't even heard of DAB which of course has been superceded...
December 19th 13 10:15 AM
by Mizter T Go to last post
3 201
4G TV? by Woody[_5_]
Just been into Screwfix this afternoon where they were having a bit of a clearance sale. One of the items was listed as a '4G ready high gain TV aerial' made by Labgear. Thinking on Bill's thread earlier I surmised it was probably an air-head copywriter who had no idea what 4G is about. Amazingly the box arrived and sure as eggs is eggs it said the exact same thing on the box - in BIG letters!...
December 18th 13 12:31 PM
by Peter Duncanson Go to last post
7 363
I wonder how many copies of this complacent bull**** went out... by Bill Wright[_2_]
Dear Mr Wright Thank you for contacting us regarding BBC News. We understand you felt there has been too much coverage of the death of Nelson Mandela. We have received a wide range of feedback about our coverage of this
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 18th 13 12:05 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
64 838
DAB for Cars? by Dave Plowman (News)
In article , UnsteadyKen wrote: DAB doesn't seem to get much support among the motoring classes either.... Clods who post about radio in a TV group are not flavour of the month either. It's rather closer to being on topic than much of the ****e we get on here. ;-)
December 18th 13 10:31 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
2 191
confused by Bill Wright[_2_]
I was watching BBC1 SD in the kitchen. The residents were watching BBC1 HD in the dining room, with the subtitles on. Just before 8pm I got a brief local news summary. They got a weather forecast but with the London local news on the subtitles. Father blinked but said nowt. Bill
December 17th 13 01:20 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
7 276
While we're in the mood... by [email protected]
....to knock the BBC, I'm getting increasingly annoyed at the way the 'News' is used to promote their own programmes. Yesterday at 5pm I was watching the BBC News Channel as they covered the most important events of the day. And these we 1. Mandela's funeral. 2. Hospital consultants to be on duty 7 days 3. Rehearsals for SPOTY. Not the results, or even an excerpt from the programme itself...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 17th 13 01:15 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
14 625
Humax YouView and Audio Description by Jeff Layman[_2_]
Watched a film yesterday that I'd recorded a month ago. I was most surprised to find that AD was present. I checked the HY settings, and AD was indeed "On". I turned it off and watched the film without AD. When the film finished, I stopped it, and exited playback mode. The HY happened to be on 102 (BBC2 HD), and the film "The Duchess" was on. Amazingly, AD was on that too! I checked the...
December 17th 13 01:08 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
4 364
Closeure of FM radio in favour of Digital on BBC News 24. by David[_9_]
Article on this just before lunch on BBC News 24 to me seemed to promote DAB as being better than FM, do you think more bias Bill? Regards David
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 16th 13 11:54 AM
by Jim Lesurf[_2_] Go to last post
138 2,454
Today's Freecycle List by Davey
I have no room for it, but if anybody in East Anglia is interested, I can forward a link: Samsung DVD-SH855M DVD/250GB HDD Freeview recorder. Features HDMI and 1080 output. 6 years old. Boxed with remote/instructions. In working order but I was never that satisfied with the quality of HDD recording - occasionally playback would be a bit jerky, but I lived with it. -- Davey.
December 16th 13 09:37 AM
by Davey Go to last post
0 145
HUMAX HDR2000T and YouTube by vigman[_2_]
Hi I just bought a HUMAX HDR2000T. I am delighted with the picture quality and recording options. However, when using their YouTube app, items that are available on my PC's YouTube are not available on the Humax YouTube app? Is this a fault or licensing issue, please? Also if I do find a YouTube video I want to play, it often says "This file format is not supported"? I take it that the lack...
December 15th 13 06:59 PM
by alan Go to last post
1 537
Setting up and LCD. by Dave Plowman (News)
Can anyone give an idiots guide to setting up an LCD properly? One with adjustable back lighting. It was so much easier with a CRT... -- *If you can't see my mirrors, I'm doing my hair* Dave Plowman London SW To e-mail, change noise into sound.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 14th 13 11:24 PM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
19 411
Clever telly and broken audio pre-amp by Bill Wright[_2_]
I switched on my lovely big Sony telly and a strange message appeared. 'Searching for external loudspeakers'. Never seen that before. When the telly came on there was no sound. It's set up for its own speakers to be muted. It turned out that the audio pre-amp (a Rotel RC850) had failed. We've recently had two power cuts, plus the RCD firing due to a faulty kettle. For the time being I've...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 14th 13 12:12 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
15 650
No new HD services by Peter Crosland
No sign of them on Mendip, Freesat or Sky. Did I get the date wrong? -- Peter Crosland
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 13th 13 04:23 PM
by The Other Mike Go to last post
38 695
Can you do better than Boris? by Jim Lesurf[_2_]
In article , Brian Gaff wrote: Well, what the heck do these questions have to do with running an administration? About as little as Boris's own comments re IQ have to do with anything. Except perhaps for making the point that if what he said is accepted, then he wouldn't have the job of Mayor. Although maybe it amused voters to choose...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 13th 13 03:39 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
47 616
Film 4 by Dickie mint[_2_]
Firstly, my excuse is I never watch it! An acquaintance reports he can no longer get Film 4 on Freeview channel 15. Nor can I, on checking via a Humax 9200, getting the encrypted or unavailable message. Has it changed mux, got encrypted, or just got rehashed in the navigation tables? Richard
December 13th 13 03:12 PM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
8 162
OT. Blockbusters closing. by David[_9_]
All Blockbusters closing after this weekend. Regards David
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 13th 13 11:29 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
10 240
BBC News by Michael Chare[_3_]
In these days of multichannel digital TV is there anyone who can receive a version of BBC 1 but who can not also get BBC News (24)? -- Michael Chare
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 13th 13 09:14 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
19 368
Getting my Rotel fixed by Bill Wright[_2_]
Years ago when one of the Rotel power amps died I asked Eddie to fix it, and he did, very cheaply. I've known Eddie since the late 1960s, when he was an engineer for a local TV firm, Vallances, and I was a teenage aerial rigger. During the early 70s Eddie became the service manager, then Vallences were taken over by Rumbellows, who transferred all the rental servicing to far-away Leeds....
December 12th 13 10:24 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
1 277
Post New Thread