Post New Thread
BBC eco******** by Bill Wright[_2_]
"Richard Bacon, from 2pm, will be powered by the pedal as exercise bikes are set up in the piazza for guests such as Olympic cyclist, Chris Boardman, members of the public, and Richard himself to Ďhop-oní. All will be trying to generate enough kinetic energy to power Richardís show for the full two hours." Will that include the transmitters? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 2nd 13 08:56 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
11 280
What are BBC TV I player playing at? by Brian Gaff
I just went and looked at the items flagged with AD and they have a large number of them that when played do not have it. Has the drone doing this fallen asleep at the console? The Quatermass Experiment film, Horizon on the Dinasaurs and many more are just silent for us blind folk. Someone has erred, but I know better than to use their frame to conplain, the reply will be three months...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 2nd 13 11:06 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
15 275
NOW TV Box by Derek F[_3_]
If I buy a box from NOW TV for £9.99 with a free months trial is the box then mine to use for iPlayer without any other payment. DeErek
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 2nd 13 10:06 AM
by Zimmy[_2_] Go to last post
11 998
Why do they do it? by Brian Gaff
Make the powe supplies of modern equipment as a seperat plug in box, and usually also make it a radio jamming device of excellent efficiency? Is this a subtle Chinese plan to gain control of the world by making any weak signals impossible to here? We need answers. Brian -- Brian Gaff....Note, this account does not accept Bcc: email. graphics are great, but the blind can't hear them
August 31st 13 11:58 AM
by Rick[_10_] Go to last post
7 169
S4C odd message by Bill Wright[_2_]
For part of yesterday evening the programme info on S4C carried the words, 'Warnings, other: See TX note'. Bill
August 31st 13 08:25 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
3 152
Power surge/brownout - SG6 area? by Ian Field
The DAB radio had been reset to standby and I later discovered both PVRs had got tangled up and needed a rescan to sort them out. It was quite handy actually - the FVRT90 freezes during rescan, this restarted with the operating system startup screen and informed me; "no channels currently stored", from this condition it completes a rescan normally.
August 30th 13 03:03 PM
by Ian Field Go to last post
0 119
BT Vision re-booting + BT youview / BT Sport and costs? by [email protected]
Hi, We currently have an old BT vision box, and for the last two or 3 months if we try and use BBC Iplayer the box re-boots itself. i've spoken to various BT people (of the sort of people one of our more celebrated correspondents refuses to speak to) and they all tell me it's a known problem and BT are working to have it fixed ASAP. I wonder whether it is time to get one of their Youview...
0 173
Tesco Technika Freeview HD box. by David[_9_]
Noticed the STBHDIS2010 at Tesco this morning shelf price £26 thought that can't be a bad price so popped one in the trolley, at check out was £23. Nothing about BBC iPlayer on box or in Instructions though, but I did a Search on Google for any updates that could be put in. Sure enough there was one so downloaded that into my PC and transferred to the digi-box via a USB stick. Now it has the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 29th 13 10:25 AM
by Norman Wells[_6_] Go to last post
11 1,002
BBC bias spoils police witness appeal by Bill Wright[_2_]
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-23826825 According to this BBC news item the police asked, "I am appealing for anyone who witnessed the shooting, or who saw anything suspicion in the Kilburn area early this morning, to call police. "In particular, I need to hear from anyone who saw two males who came into the High Road from Messina Avenue and, after the shooting, made off on foot...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 28th 13 12:47 PM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
30 566
scruffy TV crews by Bill Wright[_2_]
For irrelevant reasons I had to sit all afternoon and watch a TV commercial being made. What a set of scruffy oiks! The cameraman had a bobble hat, a juvenile attempt at a beard, a dirty teeshirt with a slogan on it, shorts, and trainers. One of the girls had bright pink hair! The rest of them weren't much better. The other thing was, they seems to have no concept of H & S. They were using...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 26th 13 01:17 PM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
26 393
BBC cuts off caller who doesn't toe their line by Bill Wright[_2_]
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b038h976 Listen from 56 minutes. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 26th 13 12:39 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
25 356
Possibly very slightly OT? by Woody[_5_]
Did you hear about the two antennas that got married? The wedding wasn't much but the reception ws fantastic. OK, I'll go away.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 24th 13 09:15 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
10 236
PING Bill by Steve[_27_]
Is it OK to have two or more Log periodics on the same aerial pole? Reason I ask is that at the near end of the log periodic, an electrical connection is obviously made to the pole and teh co-ax feeder connects at the tapered pointy end. So will the two LPs interact via the metal pole coupling their wide near ends? Stephen.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 24th 13 03:30 PM
by Jim Lesurf[_2_] Go to last post
25 427
Sony KDL-32EX403 and 4 Music by Bill Wright[_2_]
This TV set switches to standby after 18 seconds when it is put onto 4 Music. It always does it. There's a bit on Digital Spy but no-one there seems to know what they're talking about. Has anyone here got any idea what the problem is and how it can be fixed? Bill
August 24th 13 01:49 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
8 277
There is a god! by Ian Field
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/david-cameron-misses-hunting-trip-2188787
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 24th 13 08:10 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
43 699
SAA3018. by Ian Field
Anyone got a datasheet for this ancient (date code 84) remote handset chip - or better yet an example schematic of (a) handset(s) that use it? Thanks for any help.
August 23rd 13 09:37 PM
by Ian Field Go to last post
2 167
5 later? by Brian Gaff
What is this going to be then? I saw it as a place marker on Freeview, well heard it but as my talking box only speaks the title it may well have words there explaining it which I cannot read. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 23rd 13 08:55 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
22 678
DVB New Zealand. by Grimly Curmudgeon[_2_]
On Wed, 7 Aug 2013 10:37:57 +0100, "David" wrote: New Zealand (uses MPEG-4/H.264 video; see Freeview New Zealand) Same as the Irish standard, then (also France and Norway and possibly the other Scandi countries). Will not the latest gen of UK sets cover that, too? I mean the ones where the chips are true world sets and not cost-cut to the bone?
August 22nd 13 11:09 PM
by Grimly Curmudgeon[_2_] Go to last post
6 268
Fim Four is moving by Ian
"Film Four is moving, if you can see this on channel 15, please retune your Freeview equipment, to ensure you continue to receive this channel." Is anyone else getting that message permanently on Film Four? I've deleted FF on channel 15, re-tuned, and I'm now getting FF on 791, though I could also still get it on ch 15 if I re-tuned again. Even on 791 the message is still there.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 22nd 13 02:12 PM
by Ian Go to last post
16 545
BBC Red Button HD via WinTV by J.Arthur.Rank
Hi all, I've got a Hauppauge Freesat DVB-S2 card, which I operate under WinTV. Unfortunately, all of the channel numbers it generates in a scan seem to be arbitrary Freesat channels, not the ones displayed on a standard Freesat set (i.e. 303 for this channel). Does anyone know what channel or method I can use to get this channel to work/record under either Hauppauge's own WinTV or, failing that,...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 22nd 13 08:45 AM
by The Other Mike Go to last post
18 560