Post New Thread
Dead Ringers by David van Kemenade
Hi, I've made the grave mistake of unintentionally deleting the first episode from the current series of Dead Ringers (TX BBC2 7/7, rpt. 13/7) from my hard disk. Is there anyone who happens to have a digital recording of this and who is happy for me to have a copy of it? Thanks, David
July 23rd 03 12:32 PM
by David van Kemenade Go to last post
0 289
Samsung SIRU2001 freeview box by Nas
Just got myself one a few days ago from www.Unbeatable.co.uk for about 80 (incl. postage). Compact & sleek looks, good translucent menu system. Very fast channel changes and has yet to freeze up on me.
July 23rd 03 11:30 AM
by Robert Watts Go to last post
3 367
Pace Twin freezes by Roger Wilmut
Apart from the failed recordings problem (which seems better if the box is on at the start of the recording) I have identified three specific types of freeze. Oddly, these seem limited to the BBC channels. Type 1: the picture freezes for about 1 second then runs rapidly through the missing second to catch up. Quality remains the same. Sound unaffected. Type 2: Picture jumps ahead about 1...
July 23rd 03 10:42 AM
by Roger Wilmut Go to last post
0 274
OT Read if you want a New VCR by David
Just bought a 'Super VHS' JVC vcr HR-S5955EK at Argos for 79-99. The branch had 7 in stock, they are 'managers specials' The same model in catalgue is 149-99, which in it's self seems a good buy for S-vhs. Those I bought from are a different catalogue number so order as 591/7600, if you want one. --
July 22nd 03 11:18 PM
by John Rumm Go to last post
2 367
Oneforall remote by Dom Robinson
In article , says... Hi anyone know the correct site ?? tried the oneforall.com BUT it could not find it . anyone any ideas Cheers Pete
July 22nd 03 11:16 PM
by Dom Robinson Go to last post
0 314
Rigger's Diary - whoops! by Dom Robinson
In article , says... I'm in the process of installing a new TV/SAT/CCTV system in a block of private flats. The agent gave me a list of addresses, names, and phone numbers. Some of the flats are in the name of the owner but in fact are occupied by a tenant. I went round door knocking, to check up on exactly where...
July 22nd 03 11:15 PM
by Dom Robinson Go to last post
2 262
neovo f-315 TFT opinions by Dean Edwards
They seem quite good value. Does anyone in the NG have experience of this monitor, I'm especially interested in the audio/video quality with s-video input from say a VCR. BTW does s-video connection also carry the audio signal? Thanks.
July 22nd 03 11:13 PM
by John Rumm Go to last post
4 361
Oneforall remote by Gareth not NLL or anybody else.
"Peter Glover" wrote in message ... Hi anyone know the correct site ?? tried the oneforall.com BUT it could not find it . anyone any ideas Cheers Pete
July 22nd 03 11:12 PM
by Gareth not NLL or anybody else. Go to last post
0 320
Dead Ringers by David van Kemenade
Hi, I've just deleted my DTT recording of the first episode of the current series of Dead Ringers on BBC2 (broadcast 7/7, rpt 13/7) by mistake. Does anyone happen to have a recording of this? I'd be very grateful if I could make a copy! Thanks, David
July 22nd 03 08:36 PM
by David van Kemenade Go to last post
0 263
On1 Remote Codes required by Steve Kirkman
I will post the codes when I get home. I'm at work at the moment. Steve K.
July 22nd 03 06:49 PM
by Stephen Kirkman Go to last post
1 324
Connect LCD Monitor to STB? by dnm
Does anyone know if it is possible to connect a PC type lcd monitor to a digital set top box (e.g. Thomson DTI1000)?
July 22nd 03 06:20 PM
by WullieD00 Go to last post
1 359
Cheapest way to get E4 by dr. mabuse
I'm moving and want pay TV, but all I really want is Sky One and E4. What's the cheapest package, whether Satellite or cable that'll get me my desires? - dr. mabuse ---------------------------------------------------------------- "I take a whiskey drink, I take a chocolate drink and when I have to pee I use the kitchen sink" - Homer Simpson
July 22nd 03 06:11 PM
by Dave Go to last post
1 308
Waitec DVD-X4 - DVD recorder for 200? by JPG
Has anyone seen this? Is it a DVD recorder? It's difficult to tell from the blurb. http://www.waitec.com/df-dvdx4.htm JPG
July 22nd 03 02:46 PM
by JPG Go to last post
3 323
Nebula Digitv - "Video/Audio In Mode" Problems by Darren Wilkinson
Same here. Just select mute in the DigiTV software. You will still be able to hear your audio fine. -- reply to chipsuar.chipsuarremove this at charitydays.co.uk "KoKee" wrote in message ... Hi Does anyone have sound probs when in video/audio in mode? the video is
July 22nd 03 01:27 PM
by Darren Wilkinson Go to last post
2 305
FV Box with twin scart by Tony Barrett
Can anyone recommend a freeview box (at a reasonable price I hope) with twin scarts that will allow RGB passthrough? I want to connect a DVD player to the SCART IN and SCART OUT to a TV. Cheers
July 22nd 03 10:55 AM
by Dave Go to last post
3 294
No Channel Cease Warnings Anymore? by Steve
Is it just me, or are the warnings about channels ceasing, still being sent? I have had nothing today.. Is anyone still getting them? Steve
July 22nd 03 10:50 AM
by Mike Dann Go to last post
5 318
TV Recommendation by SG
Hi all, I've just bought my first DVD player only to find that my 14-year-old TV has no scart plug, it's not stereo and it hasn't even got teletext. So I think its time for a new set. Can anyone recommend any magazines, websites etc where I can compare TV's within prices ranges? Many thanks Sam
July 22nd 03 02:47 AM
by R. Mark Clayton Go to last post
2 420
Rigger's diary - lightning by Wrightsaerials
Some people say unplug your aerial during lightning storms? Is there not a better (and safer!) solution? I've told this story before on here, but anyway - Years ago we had a customer who reached behind the telly to unplug the aerial just at the moment lightning hit the tree just down the road. She was thrown from the front of the house to the back, and was found unconscious under...
July 22nd 03 02:06 AM
by Wrightsaerials Go to last post
7 420
Widescreen by cat
I have just purchased a Panasonic widescreen TV. When I use the digital box through the TV with the 16:9 setting it fills the screen. However, in analogue mode there are black bars top and bottom. Why is this. Shouldn't 16:9 fill the screen on both settings. I have googled this but found nothing similar and appreciate it could be a faq but would like some advice from the experts
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 21st 03 11:46 PM
by Dom Robinson Go to last post
19 627
Choices for recording radio and FTA to PC? by Aztech
"Stephen" wrote in message 1. DVB-S or DVB-T? I am not sure which would give better bitrates etc. Which is recommended (given that I have a dish, spare LNB etc already)? The BBC radio services on both DVB-S and DVB-T come from the same coder, so it makes no difference, however I would go for DVB-s given that BBC TV is marginally better (BBC...
July 21st 03 08:10 PM
by Aztech Go to last post
0 296
Post New Thread