Post New Thread
DigiTV picture settings by Jaime
"Nigel Mercier " wrote in message ... In uk.tech.digital-tv, Nigel Mercier wrote: I change the Picture settings, in particular the Brightness, then later close DigiTV down. When I open it again, it has remembered the *value* of the setting, but doesn't apply it until I click the slider. Am I...
July 19th 03 05:33 PM
by Jaime Go to last post
0 262
sound suddenly gone from toshiba tv. by Sheila
Hi, sound on tv is always ok, then today someone puts a camcorder through tv to watch whats on camcorder.when Icome to view it, there is no volume on tv (toshiba) just available through camcorder. we have disconnected camcorder now, and tv still has no volume. it is digital telewest (in uk) and cannot get sound either on cable or terrestrial through ariel.
July 19th 03 02:08 PM
by Martin Angove Go to last post
1 288
ITV, CH4 , CH5 gone????? by Steve
No, they are still there, no probs....... Neo-Reloaded wrote in message ... i cant seem to get itv, ch4 and ch5 for the last hour. message says insert ur card. iam using ftv card, the new card got it in Feb this year. whats goin on ???????/
July 19th 03 01:00 PM
by Steve Go to last post
0 294
have to return everything to currys? by Dave
You can buy a repayment remote control from www.cpc.co.uk , www.grandata.co.uk or www.satcure.co.uk I would rather do that than trust the returns/replacement system of Curry's. Bewarned - then can take absolutely ages to process a return. "coulthard" wrote in message ... Hi I have a nokia media master free view box. ...
July 19th 03 11:54 AM
by Dave Go to last post
0 271
have to return everything to currys? by Dave
coulthard writes I have a nokia media master free view box. The handset has broken, so currys have aggreed to replace it. However they say I have to send back the free view box, cables etc as well. I have no idea why they need me to send back everything when its just the handset that is faulty. The problem is I have lots of cables and scart leads about so I...
July 19th 03 11:47 AM
by Dave Go to last post
3 432
Second reply from BBC regard lack of DTT by Lakeuk
Below is the second reply I received via my local MP to a question I had on why the local transmitter can't have digital. Dear Mr ****** Please find enclosed a further letter from the BBC regarding the availability of digital services in South Lakeland. This sadly does not appear to take us much further. I still remain dissatisfied at the current situation in which most people in South Lakeland...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 19th 03 11:21 AM
by Jim Barry Go to last post
15 727
Rigger's diary - lightning by Duncan Ross
From: "Aztech" Date: 18/07/03 14:13 GMT Daylight Time Message-id: "Wrightsaerials" wrote in message ... Here's what happenned yesterday. Lightning hit the end of the roof of a block of flats. The milk lady was stood just below and she was...
July 19th 03 03:49 AM
by Wrightsaerials Go to last post
2 304
Twins Rules - Sometimes by Richard Watkinson
'I had a gig in Hull tonight'... ....and when I returned Twins had faithfully recorded The Archers, Corrie, Eastenders and the Celtic connections on BBC4 Furthermore I remember watching some bits of Connections in January on my older Pace DTR 735 and the picture quality was far superior tonight. The odd crashes but no failed recordings yet other than one early on
July 19th 03 01:02 AM
by Richard Watkinson Go to last post
0 268
Sky News suspends journalists for faking story ! by Aztech
"CD" wrote in message ... http://media.guardian.co.uk/broadcast/story/0,7493,999743,00.html Oh dear, they seem to be learning from FoxNews, but in that case they suspended an anchor because she refused to read a story she knew to be false. Az.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 18th 03 11:17 PM
by ben Go to last post
11 642
Rigger's diary - lightning by Dave Gibson
"Wrightsaerials" wrote in message ... Here's what happenned yesterday. Lightning hit the end of the roof of a block of flats. The milk lady was stood just below and she was knocked against a wall by the pressure wave, breaking several bottles. The building has a conventional roof with a loft space, Later we...
July 18th 03 06:33 PM
by Dave Gibson Go to last post
0 271
Sky News suspends journalists for faking story ! by Neil Hopkins
On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 13:01:03 +0100, CD wrote: http://media.guardian.co.uk/broadcast/story/0,7493,999743,00.html The best bit is this : "One version of the report, which was shown in various forms between March 31 and April 2, ends with a close-up of a finger pushing a red button marked "Fire". But the BBC documentary shows that Splendid's missiles are fired by computer.
July 18th 03 02:22 PM
by Aztech Go to last post
2 350
2 metre Scart leads? by JWBA68
Does anyone know where I can get 2 metre scart leads? I can only find 1.5m 3m or 5 m. TIA Burkey
July 18th 03 01:32 PM
by Wrightsaerials Go to last post
7 529
Budget widescreen TV by Dean Edwards
It's time to get a new TV and I wasn't initially thinking of going widescreen. Then I checked online retailers and saw that the number of widescreen models outnumbers traditional format TV's, so decided to take the plunge. I'd like to use it with a freeview STB so presumably I need RGB SCART input to get best results. Apart from that I don't think connectivity is an issue for me. So far I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 18th 03 12:18 PM
by Ed Crowley Go to last post
12 627
have to return everything to currys? by Ed Crowley
"tHatDudeUK" wrote in message ... "Ed Crowley" wrote in message ... Currys = Dixons = Evil. Curry's, Dixons, The Link, Freeserve and PC world are all "DSG retail ltd" All evil.
July 18th 03 12:16 PM
by Ed Crowley Go to last post
0 278
Channel 5 starts big switch off by Mark Carver
Dave wrote: David Richardson writes As from Tuesday, Channel 5 Analouge - Sandy Heath, Anglia Region, started showing a message to phone Sky for future service, its states they are "going off air soon" !!!!! What's going on, is this the first sign of war, after the BBC goes FTA on Satellite. Well that's a new one on me! Is...
July 18th 03 12:44 AM
by David Richardson Go to last post
5 405
have to return everything to currys? by R. Mark Clayton
"coulthard" wrote in message ... Hi I have a nokia media master free view box. The handset has broken, so currys have aggreed to replace it. However they say I have to send back the free view box, cables etc as well. I have no idea why they need me to send back everything when its just the
July 18th 03 12:30 AM
by R. Mark Clayton Go to last post
0 258
Sky Digital Technical Information by NJ
Hi all. I am looking for some technical information on Sky Digital (dish only). I could do with information about the following and anything else relevant. - Operating frequency - What sort of things can disrupt the signal
July 18th 03 12:30 AM
by R. Mark Clayton Go to last post
1 329
have to return everything to currys? by Dave
tHatDudeUK writes "Ed Crowley" wrote in message ... Currys = Dixons = Evil. Curry's, Dixons, The Link, Freeserve and PC world are all "DSG retail ltd" DSG sold its (80%) share of Freeserve to Wanadoo over 2 years ago. Over 70% of Wanadoo is owned by France Telecom.
July 17th 03 11:10 PM
by Dave Go to last post
0 344
have to return everything to currys? by 547
No doubt to put back on the shelf and give to someone else. I hate it when shops say faulty items have nothing to do with them and direct people to a manufacturer. "coulthard" wrote in message ... Hi I have a nokia media master free view box. The handset has broken, so currys have aggreed to replace it.
July 17th 03 10:32 PM
by 547 Go to last post
0 275
Ohh, yes, yes, YES!! by Wrightsaerials
That's what I say when the wife offers to pick me some loganberrys! They're fantastic this year! Bill Laugh at our Rogue's Gallery Admire the antiquities in Albert's Attic Marvel at our breathtaking Aerial Photography All anoraks MUST visit
July 17th 03 09:13 PM
by Vic Go to last post
6 401
Post New Thread