Post New Thread
Best set-top aeriel by Wrightsaerials
According to Antiference, we need a WH group aeriel for Hannington. Are set-top aeriels categorized like rooftop ones? They're all wideband these days. One fits all. Bill Laugh at our Rogue's Gallery Admire the antiquities in Albert's Attic Marvel at our breathtaking Aerial Photography
July 11th 03 12:39 PM
by Wrightsaerials Go to last post
0 338
Rowridge Mux A Power uplift by Robert Watts
"Hooray" wrote in message ... Ok - anyone know if it happened - anyone notice any difference? I can't say I could see any noticable difference in the level meter on my stb when I checked the other night. I haven't watched anything on it for long enough yet to know if there is any difference in the reception.
July 11th 03 11:07 AM
by Robert Watts Go to last post
0 387
Best set-top aeriel by Some bloke
"Tony Barrett" wrote I'm looking to get the best set-top aeriel I can for DTT reception. Please see the thread that was started just two days ago called :- "Set Top" Aerial recommendations
July 11th 03 10:49 AM
by Some bloke Go to last post
0 318
Rowridge Mux A Power uplift by Chris S
dont think the SDN one went ahead, still getting 3 out of 5 signal strength which is the same as i was getting the other week, all others are normall around 5 out of 5 (apart from mux 2 which i can't get at all) altho last night the signal on a couple of mux's seems to be worse ! or if it has gone ahead it's make bugger all difference over here in poole! "Hooray" ...
July 11th 03 09:16 AM
by Chris S Go to last post
0 256
BBC Local News on freeview by Peter Pratten
In uk.tech.digital-tv, DB writes I wondered how long it would take! It's normal for BBC 2. There is no provision for English regional opts on BBC2 on DTT as the cost to do this is too great for the small amount of opting that happens on BBC2. Just noticed a change here. The BBC2 mid-afternoon news summary has moved to BBC1. I thought at first it might be because of...
July 11th 03 12:35 AM
by Peter Pratten Go to last post
0 350
TV Ariel Cable by DeeInLondon
I went o my Aunts' house to look at her TV picture and it's damn arwful, I thought a Freeview box might help but the signal was too rubbish to get a stable picture Then just for the sake of trying I put a small indoor ariel and the picture was perfect on teriisterial and digital channals - only problem was I had to stnad bythe windows holding the ariel. There are 2 main problems -
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 10th 03 08:12 PM
by John Porcella Go to last post
17 719
AVerTV DVB-T software support? by Tony
I contacted the company a few weeks ago, and their spokesperson said that new software with much more support would be available for the AVerTV DVB-T card at the end of June 2003, but nothing has been updated on their site as of yet. Perhaps there is no update after all..? I dont know. Its a real shame this card doesn't offer all the cool facilities that others do. Maybe it will when the...
July 10th 03 05:45 PM
by Tony Go to last post
0 266
NetGem i-Player connectivity... by Steve Hall
Folks, Having finally given in to the lure of an STB (I refuse to have an overgrown dinner plate bolted to my house), I'm keen to get the NetGem. However, a couple of questions, if I may... 1. Am I right in thinking that the latest software release (May 03) will allow me to plug in my USB ADSL modem, and connect to the net via DSL, and so avoid the need for an additional ISP and any dial...
July 10th 03 05:19 PM
by Tenex Go to last post
4 320
BBC no change by Aztech
"David" wrote in message ... "Mark Carver" wrote in message news:[email protected] Give 'um a chance ! It's hardly worth coming into BBC TVC extra early for something that can be done at leisure during 'office hours' ! :-)
July 10th 03 02:55 PM
by Aztech Go to last post
0 241
TV License Evasion by Peter
On Wed, 2 Jul 2003 00:40:16 +0100, "Bill Bennett" wrote: So, a friend of mine is going to Uni this year, he wants to watch telly in his dormroom. What are the chances TV-L will come and kick his ass if he doesnt pay? What if he has a real TV (which he covers up if the detectors come round), and fobs them off with a little battery powered handheld TV...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 10th 03 11:26 AM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
13 571
"Set Top" Aerial recommendations by Steve Peake
On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 14:36:26 GMT, Some bloke wrote: "Doctor D." wrote Antiference http://www.antiference.co.uk/indoor.htm or the Labgear Tristar http://www.labgear.co.uk/images/ANR310.jpg I've tried both of these with a SetPal, and I found the Labgear to provide considerably superior results. It also provided a better result than a One-For-All aerial...
July 10th 03 10:16 AM
by Steve Peake Go to last post
0 272
Video Senders; by soundmix
Where can I find comparative reviews of video senders? I've found many comments on the web and newsgroups about the Philips VL1200 (is the bubbling on low audio some mention a real problem?) but very little on any others so any recommendations would be appreciated. The sender will be used from a digibox in the lounge to a scart equipped bedroom tv with audio fed to a hi-fi system - I would also...
July 10th 03 09:18 AM
by bbk Go to last post
5 333
BBC no change by Brian McIlwrath
David wrote: : Give 'um a chance ! It's hardly worth coming into BBC TVC extra early : for something that can be done at leisure during 'office hours' ! :-) : : Interesting comment, but I would expect changes to take place at night when : less people watching in case of any problem. One of the Sky Digital forums quoted a BBC source as saying they would start at...
July 10th 03 08:53 AM
by Brian McIlwrath Go to last post
0 234
BBC no change by Dom Robinson
In article , says... David wrote: Hi, Just tried a Sky digi box with no card it still asks for card to be inserted. Also still scrambled on a non Sky box. Give 'um a chance ! It's hardly worth coming into BBC TVC extra early for something that can be done at leisure during 'office hours' ! :-)
July 10th 03 08:48 AM
by Dom Robinson Go to last post
0 247
Whats happening with HDTV? by Robert Horton
Hi, now that we are in the exciting digital age, when is HDTV coming along? Maybe we are simply wasting money on new widescreen tv's based on antiquated CRT technology and 256 colours from our digital boxes. I stopped using 256 (8 bit depth)colours on my computer in 1995. Wouldn't it be great if we had 16 bit colour depth from the digital system.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 8th 03 10:12 PM
by R. Mark Clayton Go to last post
18 603
Nokia 221T by Marcus Durham
Been given one of these boxes. Found some instructions online, but they haven't been much help. I initially plugged in the box and the right hand LED flashed green for about 2 seconds then the left red LED flashed very briefly. This cycled for about 20 minutes whilst I fiddled about trying to get the thing to go the TV. I'd all but given up and then it suddenly fired into life and was OK.
July 8th 03 08:17 PM
by Dave Go to last post
3 297
newbie Q: what is the dongle thing on the end of the aerial lead? by [neil]
Hi again :-) The lead that goes from the itvdigital box to the tv has a dongle bit at the box end - what's it for? It says something about for safety you have to use it - I was just wondering, what would happen if you used a normal aerial extension lead between the digibox and tv or video? Cheers
July 8th 03 06:31 PM
by Dave Pickles Go to last post
2 248
Recommendation please for another Remote Control by Mike
Just gone terrestrial with a Grundig GDT 1500T and it has a Tele Pilot 760T Remote. Additional remote required by the chair at the other side of the room, so We would be very grateful for a recommendation for, perhaps a multiple remote control. TIA Mike.
July 8th 03 05:07 PM
by Mike Go to last post
0 229
netgem i by donker
Hi group Is there a group for Netgem I digital tv receivers,it is a very good box and I am very impressed with it ,the only thing I cannot work out how it should record to the video with the setup in the box ,I can record setting up the video but according to the manual it should start the video on its own Thanks for any advice
July 8th 03 03:02 PM
by donker Go to last post
4 298
BBC publish what they think will happen to FTV cards by Mark Carver
http://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/dsat_card_never_sky.shtml
July 8th 03 12:25 PM
by Ed Crowley Go to last post
4 283