Post New Thread
Mr Propeller Head by Bill Wright[_2_]
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/pics/1006302_10151565895152129_1207725250_n%5B1%5D.jpg Bill
August 6th 13 09:42 AM
by Alan White[_2_] Go to last post
6 175
Measurement Fun and 4G Filters by Jim Lesurf[_2_]
Just to let people know that now the issue of WotSat with my 4G filter measurements has appeared I've put up an expanded page on how I did the measurements, inc. the noise source I used. Slainte, Jim -- Please use the address on the audiomisc page if you wish to email me.
August 5th 13 07:02 PM
by madge Go to last post
6 282
aerial amp/splitter that will send DC power up the RF cable like a Sky box? by postmaster @ stejonda
We've switched from Sky to Humax Freesat boxes recently. I used RF1 to feed Freeview to the main TV & RF2 to the other 3 TVs in the house. This also provided DC power to an amplifier/splitter upstairs. The Humax has only one RF out and doesn't provide DC. Thus I currently have the old Sky+ box providing that function which is a waste of electricity as well as space and is an unwelcome...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 4th 13 10:47 PM
by postmaster @ stejonda Go to last post
15 364
Temporary dropouts on ITV1 from Rowridge by Jeff Layman[_2_]
Anyone else been noticing these over the last week? TV just goes black with a "No signal" message. Doesn't seem to affect BBC or Ch4, as switching to these shows a normal picture. On switching back ITV1 is ok. This has happened with two TVs (different makes, so it's not the TV. -- Jeff
August 2nd 13 09:39 PM
by Mike[_19_] Go to last post
5 199
AT800 installers to be accredited by [email protected]
Perhaps someone here would like to apply and tell us what the training consists of? http://www.landmobile.co.uk/news/at800-unveils-accredited-installer-scheme/
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 2nd 13 05:00 PM
by David.WE.Roberts Go to last post
18 319
Group B aerial query by Scott[_2_]
Following upon my previous posting, according to Brian Butterworth's site http://www.ukfree.tv/fullstory.php?storyid=1107052119 the extra frequences here will be 32 and 35. I understand Group B aerials cover channels 35 to 53. In the considered opinion of the experts, am I likely to require a new aerial or is 32 close enough to 35 to provide an adequate albeit attenuated signal?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 31st 13 10:47 AM
by Ian Jackson[_2_] Go to last post
31 609
News in this country by Brian Gaff
We are sliding down the dangerous slide to how America gets news I fancy. Lots of things happening around the world but our home news seems fixated on the birth of a child only. Nothing much else and its ridiculous. Just listen to other countries radio stations. Are they just taking the easy way out here, or what? Brian --
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 30th 13 10:20 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
81 1,087
10 box to bring catch-up TV, Sky Sports and Sky Movies to any TV set. by Rick[_10_]
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/10203237/Now-TV-box-iPlayer-plus-Sky-Sports-and-Movies-without-subscription.html
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 29th 13 09:54 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
20 442
is it deliberate sabotage or what? by Gary[_4_]
Amersham is our town. Yesterday morning, whiles having a cup of tea the two separate fluorescent lights both suddenly made a very loud hum. The sort of hum that they make when starting. this lasted for about 2 mins then faded away. The lights did not flicker and the hum was 'nasty', anyway nothing more happened, and the lights are working fine. Today I discover 2 wall psu's for different...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 29th 13 01:50 AM
by Steve Thackery[_2_] Go to last post
92 1,230
Mumbling actors and loud musc by Derek F[_3_]
Is the message at last getting through? http://tinyurl.com/osakepn Derek
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 28th 13 12:05 PM
by Grimly Curmudgeon[_2_] Go to last post
39 716
Found today by Bill Wright[_2_]
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/20130722_100119.jpg Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 27th 13 04:05 PM
by NY Go to last post
59 608
How to remove your computer FBI Virus in minutes? by [email protected]
FBI virus is a sneaky malware. Ransom-ware is malicious software that restricts access to a computer until a ransom is paid. It displays a fake warning message and asks you pay a fee to unblock the computer. It will frequently disguise itself as the police or FBI. Ransom-ware can be difficult to remove; however, it is not impossible. Universal Tech Support provides support for your Computer FBI...
0 140
New to.... by Brian Gaff
Has anyone noticed that many stations are now at pains to avoided the as previously seen on, or repeat? On many of the ITV or UK network stations we now here and New to (really, Drama, ITV3 etc) when in fact they have been floating around the main channels for ages. Its kind of in the same mould as broadband that is unlimited but terms and conditions on use apply,, andUp to (insert speed...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 25th 13 09:31 PM
by alan Go to last post
33 540
PSB2 and failed recordings by Dave Saville[_2_]
Several makes of PVR are suddenly having problems recording from PSB2. http://forum.toppy.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20194. -- Regards Dave Saville
July 24th 13 11:03 PM
by Mike[_19_] Go to last post
7 219
Freeview, what is going on with stations? by Brian Gaff
I see going through the list now we have a Sky sports, well two but saying no longer broadcasting and a waste of bandwidth bt sport running promos with two other bt sport channels. Does one assume that eventually eveyone is supposed to have a so called smart tv, and most of the stations will in fact come via the internet? Seems a very odd situation to waste bandwidth with a promo of...
July 24th 13 12:03 PM
by R. Mark Clayton Go to last post
3 273
Humax Freetime PVR doesn't time-shift programmes??? by postmaster @ stejonda
SWMBO, who has main use of the Humax HDR-1010S, has complained to me that unlike the Sky+HD box the Humax does not auto-adjust if a programme's broadcast time alters. Is that ability a feature from Sky or, heaven-forfend, is she mistaken? -- Simon 12) The Second Rule of Expectations
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 23rd 13 06:49 PM
by Dickie mint[_2_] Go to last post
13 899
Installer's logo by Bill Wright[_2_]
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/42dc1e4f665c76b39d3b57bd80c5ed71.jpeg Bill
July 23rd 13 12:26 AM
by Ian Go to last post
2 227
McCarthy & Stone CCTV by Mark Carver
Mother in law is moving into a new McCarthy & Stone retirement flat next month. I went to have a look at it today. Very nice. Apparently, there's a system that when someone rings the bell for her at the main entrance, their face automagically appears on her TV screen. I wonder how ?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 22nd 13 11:43 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
44 729
The world has gone mad. by Brian Gaff
Why are the Co-Op using a Christmas song on their adverts for a Summer sale? The most Wonderful time of the year complete with singers going ding dong and Andy Williams singing away. Completely ruined Christmas. I'd complain, but I'm not sure being so hatstand as to do this on an ad is grounds for it. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
July 22nd 13 04:49 PM
by Graham.[_2_] Go to last post
6 232
Wierd aspect ratio on Drama channel by Dave W
Today I enjoyed Jonathan Creek, but I didn't realise it was made in the days of 4:3 aspect ratio (I think it said 1997 on the credits). That's fine - I was able to configure my TV for 4:3, but Drama had made it worse by putting black regions top and bottom, looking ultra stretched on 16:9, and showing black borders all round when I had configured the TV. Unfortunately the TV doesn't have a zoom...
July 20th 13 11:30 PM
by R. Mark Clayton Go to last post
7 441
Post New Thread