Post New Thread
The wit and wisdom of Ben, 4 by Bill Wright[_2_]
Ben came into the living room and his mum said, "Ah, there you are!" He held out his arms in a theatrical gesture and announced, "Yes here I am! I'm the man of the moment!" Thanks to tree screening his parents needed a new aerial the other day. Ben helped install it. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/Ben%20holding%20the%20new%20aerial.jpg Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 25th 13 01:50 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
32 515
More Ben (4) by Bill Wright[_2_]
TOT: This afternoon after a country walk Ben and his parents entered a pub. Ben ran up to the bar and addressed the startled barmaid thus: "Missus Pub, can I have a pint please, and some crisps?" Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 24th 13 10:37 PM
by Graham.[_2_] Go to last post
38 713
Anyone for a cuppa? by Ian Field
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BMUC4Yb4z4&feature=youtu.be
September 24th 13 02:45 PM
by Ian Field Go to last post
2 127
Overheard while in garden. by Brian Gaff
Children and dog having fun in garden. Suddenly the dog got very stressed and a female voice, presumably a parent said Jake don't pull poppys tail. Jake then said why not what is it for then. There was a pause as obviously she could not think of a reason for the tail and she came back with, its not for pulling Jake. I did not hear any more, but no doubt she went straight onto the Interweb...
September 24th 13 09:03 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
3 172
Avtex L236DRS USB port won't reliably read camera jpeg files by Neil[_5_]
Hi. Hoping very much, that someone here can help out with this problem. My old caravan TV screen gave up and I have replaced it with an Avtex L236DRS - megabucks! After teething troubles, most of which(not all) are sorted, I am having a problem with the use of the USB to read pictures(.jpg files) from my little Praktica 4Mp camera.
September 23rd 13 02:54 PM
by Neil[_5_] Go to last post
8 572
Artificial speech hoots. by Brian Gaff
I have one of those Goodmans Smart talk boxes which I got on the switchover scheme. OK they work adequately, but do have some foibles, I've mentioned the incredible vanishing AD here before, but one of the designers must have had a sense of humour, as although the speech of the menus and such is pretty clear, the programme names are often not so lucky. Here is what it sounds like it says and...
September 23rd 13 12:26 PM
by Peter Duncanson Go to last post
5 175
4oD - is its performance worse than iPlayer? by Clive Page[_4_]
I intended to record the programme on Channel 4 a week or so back on the Zeppelin attacks on London during the first world war (as one of my father's earliest memories is of seeing a Zeppelin flying over Essex). But somehow I didn't set the recorder up correctly, so this evening we watched it via a laptop using the 4oD system, which I hadn't used before. Unfortunately the playback paused...
September 23rd 13 08:52 AM
by Clive Page[_4_] Go to last post
3 387
iplayer problem by Dickie mint[_2_]
Sort of digital tv, so sort of on topic?! Haven't found this problem by searching. Having had my Humax Foxsat HDR chop the last 30 minutes of "The Wipers Times" by declaring a conflict and a set recording had a higher priority (there was no other recording made at 2200!) I thought I'd download it from iplayer. iplayer says its version expires at 1029pm today. So I downloaded a
September 22nd 13 11:39 PM
by Derek F[_3_] Go to last post
8 218
TOT spelling by Bill Wright[_2_]
I see that some contributors to this group spell certain simple short words incorrectly, even though their general standard of literacy is good. I always spell certain words wrongly. An example is 'rediculous'. Anyone else aware of their habitual mistakes, but find themselves powerless to improve? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 22nd 13 07:55 PM
by Grimly Curmudgeon[_2_] Go to last post
52 714
behaviour of lead-acid batteries by Grimly Curmudgeon[_2_]
On Fri, 30 Aug 2013 16:30:16 +0100, "Woody" wrote: And yes, around 13 at Lidl, about 30 in Halfrauds, and even more in a caravan shop for an identical but differently badged unit! They come around at Lidl (or Aldi) about every three months or so. They are superb little units - I now have four of the blighters. Blew one up through wild abuse and Lidl happily...
September 22nd 13 06:29 PM
by Grimly Curmudgeon[_2_] Go to last post
2 149
TOT - LED lightbulbs M v F by MartinR
Changed the 5 50W GU10 halogen bulbs in my kitchen with these from LED Hut. http://bit.ly/1a6PpHp Supposedly 45w equivalent, dimmable and warm white colour temperature, they consume a total of 18W as against 300w for the halogens, so got to be worth a go. They are slightly dimmer (not surprising) and slightly colder (also not surprising as they don't radiate IR) but I was unprepared for the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 22nd 13 05:51 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
38 718
DIY Freesat follow up by rbel[_2_]
Earlier this year I started a couple of threads concerning my venture into Freesat and putting together an HTPC. All has gone very well and for a couple of months we have been receiving Freesat via the 60 cms dish and the HTPC running WMC with no problems except for the occasional picture break-up on BBC2 HD. Have tried retuning the channel a couple of times but still get the occasional...
September 22nd 13 04:35 PM
by Graham.[_2_] Go to last post
8 220
YouTube problems on the HD-Fox T2. by Rick[_10_]
Both a friend and myself are suffering from the same problem related to YouTube on our HD-Fox T2 Freeview receivers, everything runs through the procedure okay until it reaches the point of loading the actual clip, the spinning symbol (which resembles the old Nationwide logo) suddenly throws a wobbly, displaying green and blue screens, which will then revert back to normal TV, the BBC...
September 21st 13 09:56 PM
by Rick[_10_] Go to last post
2 270
Wake Up by [email protected]
Duncan Bannatyne reveals how to set up a business and make it a great success.this book provides the perfect wake-up call for you to change your life for the better Download Audiobook http://zufiles.com/download.php?link=SsdkC
0 130
Humax PVR 9150T remotes, type RT531B by Bill Wright[_2_]
I have a large number of the above remote handsets, brand new and surplus to requirements. If anyone wants one or more, send me a suitable SAE. The remotes are 9.25 long. Bill Wright's Aerials 43 Greaves Sike Lane Micklebring Rotherham S66 7RR
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 20th 13 06:51 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
10 618
4G strikes by Bill Wright[_2_]
We are starting to have problems with our communal TV systems thanks to 4G. Systems using Belmont are the worst affected. I'll report here as the situation unfolds. Bill
September 20th 13 06:19 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
1 167
Free Time v smart TV by Andrew Hodgson[_2_]
Hi guys, Sorry if this has been covered recently. I am Wanting to get BBC IPlayer and other catchup stuff via the television. I can get basic IPlayer via the Freesat Humax box, but want to get other services as well. Looking at either a Free Time box (Humax or similar), or getting a smart TV (which seems to have more functionality).
September 19th 13 09:29 PM
by Andrew Hodgson[_2_] Go to last post
4 303
fault report today by Bill Wright[_2_]
An unstable man has pulled at her box and two wires have come out. Her neighbour has the same problem. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 19th 13 06:45 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
10 230
the dimmest thing I've done today by R. Mark Clayton
"Bill Wright" wrote in message ... I have two locations where I keep large identical bottles of rum. At A the bottle was empty; at B it was almost full. None of the local supermarkets have an offer on rum at the moment. Consumption is much faster at A than at B. I took the empty bottle from A to B and poured three-quarters of the...
September 18th 13 05:21 PM
by Ian Field Go to last post
4 93
Sure its been asked before - BBC local news in HD? by larkim
I know that this has been discussed before, but I don't remember seeing one particular aspect answered (might be wrong). Why can BBC local channels broadcast their snippets of news which are injected into the first few seconds of the BBC1 10 O'Clock News (in HD), whereas they have to broadcast birdsong and a holding page for the local news when their slot arrives at about 10:25pm? Matt
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 18th 13 02:05 PM
by Dickie mint[_2_] Go to last post
42 636