Post New Thread
DAB new Crystal Palace etc by Brian Gaff
Now we have a new multiplex at Crystal Palace I did a retune over the hols and found some changes. Birdsong is back and Jazz fm has two mono channels claiming there is going to be a relaunch soon. That station has had more incarnations than Dr Who Anyway, most stations on DAB are in mono I notice, but at least three of the new ones are in Stereo, Eagle and Eagle 3, two clones of Gold and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 30th 13 05:06 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
59 465
Samsung 55" OLED TV by Jeff Layman[_2_]
Saw one of these in John Lewis today. Simply stunning picture, but still not sure why it is curved. http://www.johnlewis.com/samsung-ke55s9c-oled-full-hd-3d-smart-tv-55-with-freeview-hd-and-2x-3d-glasses/p641811 And what would I do with that £1 change out of seven grand?! Detailed review he http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/ke55s9c-201310273395.htm --
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 30th 13 04:20 PM
by Paul Go to last post
18 252
Aerial input. by Dave Plowman (News)
What would you expect to measure across the UHF aerial input on a modern TV, resistance wise? It is working ok - but making the short circuit light come on on the aerial DA. It does indeed read short circuit. The Topfield PVR reads approx 175 ohms, and having that before the TV seems to work fine. But I'm wanting to move things around so this won't be possible. -- *Am I ambivalent? Well, yes...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 30th 13 12:53 PM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
14 353
ferrite cores for suppression of interference by Bill Wright[_2_]
Anyone with any practical experience of this? I'm trying to put something together that's based on real life experience. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 28th 13 08:48 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
24 363
TOT - Bill's political posts by [email protected]
It seems they have finally got him into trouble. http://boingboing.net/features/northkorea/?traitor=Bill+Wright
December 28th 13 08:33 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
2 150
Downton Abbey by Mike O'Sullivan[_2_]
Anybodu notice the anachronism in last night's show? Mrs Patmore eating a Cornetto in the final scene on the beach.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 28th 13 07:10 PM
by John Hall Go to last post
47 720
Freesat HD Mute by Ian
I'm wondering why no-one has mentioned that the Freesat HD Mux was lacking in sound for a few hours tonight (Thurs). Could it possibly have been only me? -- Ian
December 28th 13 04:31 PM
by Steve Thackery[_2_] Go to last post
2 103
Sharp Aquos - Missing Muxes (or Service Not Collected) by Archway
Struggled for ages with this one my LC-52XD1E would not pick up Channel 28 from Crystal Palace but had no trouble picking up the other 4 non-HD channels. Manually getting the set to scan either Channel 28 or frequency 530000 produced no stations and an error "Service Not Collected". Eventually I noted on the UKFree.TV website that Channel 28 from Crystal Palace, while nominally 530000 is...
December 28th 13 06:34 AM
by Woody[_5_] Go to last post
7 246
Comment on content by Brian Gaff
This Christmas to be brutally frank, the TV has been a complete waste of time. Mostly repeats, compilations or new stuff with badly written scripts, or films that do not really stand up as being great. Do not big stars do Christmas any more? Bah Humbug. Brian
December 27th 13 11:46 PM
by Davey Go to last post
9 287
BT vs Virgin by Dave Plowman (News)
In article , Brian Gaff wrote: I don't know about the TV, but I've been usually dealt with promptly when faults have occurred, and the speed is fine, though the email system can be a bit flaky at times. I also note though that much of the speed issues are off network, ie are delays in the route to the server not the internals of...
December 27th 13 01:49 PM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
0 92
BT vs Virgin by tony sayer
One of their stupid arrangements is that it is cheaper to have B/B and phone than to have B/B alone. If you have phone and B/B you get FTA TV free, and for a small upgrade I think thats done to encourage you to receive calls on VM and of course to use it outgoing as they get a cut for the call termination change so a mate of mine who works for them said... Dunno if thats strictly true?..
December 27th 13 01:02 PM
by tony sayer Go to last post
4 145
ABC news in SD by Bill Wright[_2_]
How come the ABC news as relayed by the BBC is in SD? I can't believe the Americans will have made the thing in SD. Bill
December 25th 13 09:04 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
4 101
OT bags by Bill Wright[_2_]
It's time start saving your supermarket bags. From next October they will be 5p each. This is because of the stupid greenies. I have a large box in the basement and I put my bags in there. I use them for dog ****, clinical waste, badly soiled laundry, bowls of food for freezing, disposable nappies, collecting apples and tomatoes, all sorts of things. When they are banned I will have to buy...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 24th 13 09:59 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
35 804
Merry Christmas by Mike[_19_]
In article , Brian Gaff wrote: ‘Do you want your usual? Deep pan, crisp and even?’ I have a feeling that there is a second part to that joke, but cannot remember it just now. was it something about a Zen Buddhist, who said "Make me one with everything?"
December 23rd 13 08:44 PM
by Mike[_19_] Go to last post
0 97
BBC Mux problem - Cedar Court Hotel, Harrogate by Dickie mint[_2_]
Don't suppose that's a premise you look after, Woody? We were there over the weekend and the BBC mux was coming and going like a good un Sat/Sun. Did suggest to them I could recommend a good aerial engineer...... Richard
December 23rd 13 08:40 PM
by Mike[_19_] Go to last post
9 290
Using the same channel numbers for SD and HD by the dog from that film you saw
On 23/12/2013 11:20, Mark Carver wrote: Glyn Morgan wrote: I see Freesat as a semi closed system. The Service Information is carried in a proprietary form but I think receiver variants is over a broader range than Sky and the commitment to update the receivers would probably be up to individual manufactures. I guess it is though still fairly well contained and be the easiest...
December 23rd 13 05:22 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
1 71
Using the same channel numbers for SD and HD by Glyn Morgan
"Dickie mint" wrote in message ... Thanks, Glyn. I'll copy your reply to the guy, if that's alright? He'd be able to read it if he knew how to find these forums! Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. No problem, that is fine with me Richard. Have a good Christmas,
December 23rd 13 04:26 PM
by Glyn Morgan Go to last post
0 90
New channel from 5 by Hugh Newbury
Channel 55 says a new channel coming from 5. No details. So what is it? And when? Hugh -- Hugh Newbury www.evershot-weather.org
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 19th 13 01:21 PM
by Johny B Good[_2_] Go to last post
15 396
CP Arqiva C problems by Max Demian
I can't seem to get the Arqiva C (COM7) mux reliably (HD versions of CBeebies, BBC4, BBC News, Al Jazeera) from Crystal Palace. It keeps flipping to 'No signal' and back. The other services, SD and HD are fine. Are they messing with the transmitter? It's not out of band - UHF 33 I think. -- Max Demian
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 19th 13 12:44 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
15 850
Advertising on the BBC by alan
I hear that Beyoncé released a new album of songs without any publicity or hype. If this is true why have I heard about at least a dozen times on BBC radio 4 AND on programmes that would not normally condescend to even mention anything about pop music? -- mailto:news{at}admac(dot}myzen{dot}co{dot}uk
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 19th 13 12:36 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
10 399