Post New Thread
Remote Control by Peter Glover
Hi I am trying to set up a oneforall remote control URC-8550 any one know if they have a web site, or any info on this unit. Cheers Pete p.s. Apologies if this is the wrong newsgroup
July 24th 03 12:28 AM
by Peter Glover Go to last post
3 318
The politics of DTT by David Robinson
This is a year old, but much of it is still relevant: http://www.opendemocracy.net/debates/article-8-41-21.jsp Cheers, David.
July 23rd 03 11:15 PM
by Stephen Go to last post
2 292
Phantom Pvr by Badlad
Are the Phantom Pvr Sky Box adaptors any good do they really work , any 1 out there got 1 do they recomend it .
July 23rd 03 07:25 PM
by Badlad Go to last post
5 369
Freeview Reception in Chatham, Kent by Paul Marsh
If your aerial is looking at Bluebell Hill your chances of success are high; the relay station on the Great Lines does not carry DTTV. I don't know what the signal strength from Crystal Palace is like around here, and you may also have noticed some aerials pointing at Dover and Sudbury. Paul "Rob" wrote in message
July 23rd 03 07:08 PM
by Dave Go to last post
3 840
itv, ch4 ch5 gone??? by Mike CJ
Neo-Reloaded wrote in message ... i cant seem to get itv, ch4 and ch5 for the last hour. message says insert ur card. iam using ftv card, the new card got it in Feb this year. whats goin on ???????/ Try removing the card, cleaning the contacts with a tissue moistened with isopropyl alcohol or meths (DON'T use dry cleaning fluid or you may...
July 23rd 03 04:53 PM
by K Go to last post
3 294
Sky Digital FTV by Matt
Hi, Friend of mine just moved house and bought his old digital box with him. We connected it up to the dish on his new house and got all the channel info downloaded. Unfortunately the only channels that would allow us view were BBC 1 & BBC 2, all the others said please insert card. Trouble is the card seems to have got lost in the move and I thought that Sky would allow him to use the FTV...
July 23rd 03 04:01 PM
by Matt Go to last post
1 297
ITV, CH4 , CH5 gone????? by Bill Bennett
tried cleaning your card? -- I'm Bill... and I sell stuff at www.daio.co.uk Neo-Reloaded wrote in message ... i cant seem to get itv, ch4 and ch5 for the last hour. message says insert ur card. iam using ftv card, the new card got it in Feb this year. whats goin on ???????/
July 23rd 03 01:57 PM
by Bill Bennett Go to last post
0 261
will Philips DVD recorder control telewest cable box? by keith
I have telewest digital TV, supplied on a PACE di4000 digital cable box. But there's no way to switch channels for timed recordings. However , the Philips do DVD recorders, where the manual talks of using something called guide+ or guide plus , and an IR blaster to control a cable box. Has anyone done this and can confirm it's possible? (I'm a bit sceptical about how the philips manual says...
July 23rd 03 12:43 PM
by James Covey-Crump Go to last post
8 1,506
Dead Ringers by David van Kemenade
Hi, I've made the grave mistake of unintentionally deleting the first episode from the current series of Dead Ringers (TX BBC2 7/7, rpt. 13/7) from my hard disk. Is there anyone who happens to have a digital recording of this and who is happy for me to have a copy of it? Thanks, David
July 23rd 03 12:32 PM
by David van Kemenade Go to last post
0 275
Samsung SIRU2001 freeview box by Nas
Just got myself one a few days ago from www.Unbeatable.co.uk for about 80 (incl. postage). Compact & sleek looks, good translucent menu system. Very fast channel changes and has yet to freeze up on me.
July 23rd 03 11:30 AM
by Robert Watts Go to last post
3 354
Pace Twin freezes by Roger Wilmut
Apart from the failed recordings problem (which seems better if the box is on at the start of the recording) I have identified three specific types of freeze. Oddly, these seem limited to the BBC channels. Type 1: the picture freezes for about 1 second then runs rapidly through the missing second to catch up. Quality remains the same. Sound unaffected. Type 2: Picture jumps ahead about 1...
July 23rd 03 10:42 AM
by Roger Wilmut Go to last post
0 264
OT Read if you want a New VCR by David
Just bought a 'Super VHS' JVC vcr HR-S5955EK at Argos for 79-99. The branch had 7 in stock, they are 'managers specials' The same model in catalgue is 149-99, which in it's self seems a good buy for S-vhs. Those I bought from are a different catalogue number so order as 591/7600, if you want one. --
July 22nd 03 11:18 PM
by John Rumm Go to last post
2 350
Oneforall remote by Dom Robinson
In article , says... Hi anyone know the correct site ?? tried the oneforall.com BUT it could not find it . anyone any ideas Cheers Pete
July 22nd 03 11:16 PM
by Dom Robinson Go to last post
0 306
Rigger's Diary - whoops! by Dom Robinson
In article , says... I'm in the process of installing a new TV/SAT/CCTV system in a block of private flats. The agent gave me a list of addresses, names, and phone numbers. Some of the flats are in the name of the owner but in fact are occupied by a tenant. I went round door knocking, to check up on exactly where...
July 22nd 03 11:15 PM
by Dom Robinson Go to last post
2 253
neovo f-315 TFT opinions by Dean Edwards
They seem quite good value. Does anyone in the NG have experience of this monitor, I'm especially interested in the audio/video quality with s-video input from say a VCR. BTW does s-video connection also carry the audio signal? Thanks.
July 22nd 03 11:13 PM
by John Rumm Go to last post
4 348
Oneforall remote by Gareth not NLL or anybody else.
"Peter Glover" wrote in message ... Hi anyone know the correct site ?? tried the oneforall.com BUT it could not find it . anyone any ideas Cheers Pete
July 22nd 03 11:12 PM
by Gareth not NLL or anybody else. Go to last post
0 308
Dead Ringers by David van Kemenade
Hi, I've just deleted my DTT recording of the first episode of the current series of Dead Ringers on BBC2 (broadcast 7/7, rpt 13/7) by mistake. Does anyone happen to have a recording of this? I'd be very grateful if I could make a copy! Thanks, David
July 22nd 03 08:36 PM
by David van Kemenade Go to last post
0 250
On1 Remote Codes required by Steve Kirkman
I will post the codes when I get home. I'm at work at the moment. Steve K.
July 22nd 03 06:49 PM
by Stephen Kirkman Go to last post
1 307
Connect LCD Monitor to STB? by dnm
Does anyone know if it is possible to connect a PC type lcd monitor to a digital set top box (e.g. Thomson DTI1000)?
July 22nd 03 06:20 PM
by WullieD00 Go to last post
1 339
Cheapest way to get E4 by dr. mabuse
I'm moving and want pay TV, but all I really want is Sky One and E4. What's the cheapest package, whether Satellite or cable that'll get me my desires? - dr. mabuse ---------------------------------------------------------------- "I take a whiskey drink, I take a chocolate drink and when I have to pee I use the kitchen sink" - Homer Simpson
July 22nd 03 06:11 PM
by Dave Go to last post
1 289
Post New Thread