Post New Thread
whats the group to sell SKY stuff on by BORG
is there one or ebay the only place ?
July 7th 03 01:54 PM
by BORG Go to last post
0 231
Rowridge Power boost on SDN Mux A (Channel Five) by Hooray
Anyone know when in July Rowridge will be boosting the power on the SDN Mux from 10kW to 20kW?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 7th 03 11:53 AM
by Dave English Go to last post
11 815
BBCi by David van Kemenade
"Stephen Peterson" wrote in message ... Yesterday BBC Radio Norfolk moved to its new studios in the Forum Norwich. This building,for those that don't know is the new main library in Norwich. You can watch the broadcasts through a glass wall. However what was interesting is that apparently BBC i comes...
July 7th 03 09:33 AM
by Bill Bennett Go to last post
1 274
Pace DVTA Madness by Craig Wood
I have been happily receiving Digital Terrestrial via my Pace DVTA for almost a year until about a month ago the Box started reporting "No Signal" To cut a along story short, the box was replaced by Empire Direct with a new one. However, the new one exhibits the same problem. It reports no channel found when scanning for new channels. When I connect another DVTA belonging to a friend and retune,...
July 6th 03 06:43 PM
by Craig Wood Go to last post
0 242
NTL Digital by James & Sophie
Looking to get NTL phone / Broadband and maybe tv. any promotional codes? James
July 6th 03 04:29 PM
by James & Sophie Go to last post
0 227
Freeview reception question(s) by Graham Moore - Sun UK - Software Engineer
I'm looking for some opinions on whether people think I'll be able to receive Freeview easily. Where I live analogue pictures from Crystal Palace are generally very good for the town I live in. However for the past three or more years I've been picking up my channels up from NTL cable so have not really being taking too much notice of my analogue aerial picture quality. Now I'm thinking...
July 6th 03 04:27 PM
by Tom Go to last post
9 360
TV License Evasion by John Porcella
"Bill Bennett" wrote in message ... So, a friend of mine is going to Uni this year, he wants to watch telly in his dormroom. What are the chances TV-L will come and kick his ass if he doesnt pay? It is one of the first places that they would check...however, the chances are that the Hall of Residence has a licence.
July 6th 03 12:22 PM
by DeeInLondon Go to last post
2 228
'TMPGEnc DVD Author' Problems with 16:9 & 4:3 ratio by Nick Mattocks
Try Sonic Foundry Vegas Video 4. I have successfully used this at work to correct the problem you describe. VV4 has the ability to zoom and change the aspect ratio unlike most other editors I've seen. I have found it's not so good with audio:video sync though unless pre-corrected using another application first (Pinnacle Studio seems to be able to correctly re-align the audio with the video...
July 6th 03 08:23 AM
by Nick Mattocks Go to last post
0 216
Freeview mp2 audio cd audio by martin dibb
The MP2 samples are indeed non-standard, meaning a straight MP2 - MP3 conversion ends up with a 'choppy' sound. For this reason I use TotalRecorder and record directly to MP3. Mart "wowfabgroovy" wrote in message ... "Paul" went:
July 5th 03 07:27 PM
by Jonathan Buzzard Go to last post
1 259
no card , no channels by D Mumford
If they are not giving out ftv cards , how do you get sky boxes to work, mine without a card says insert card. And wont show any channels?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 5th 03 03:08 PM
by Anthony Thomas Go to last post
11 481
Record entire MUX through a video tape by Tony Stanley
"Martin Underwood" wrote in message ... "John Porcella" wrote in message ... "Mark Johnson" wrote in message ... If I were to tune my VCR into the frequency of a digital...
July 5th 03 12:42 AM
by Wrightsaerials Go to last post
1 281
DVRec + DigiGuide v6.1-Beta by Neil Deadman
I just updated to DigiGuide v6.1 (Beta) and DVRec v0.9.80 and now I cannot use them. DVRec says that it can't find my DTV App. This happened before I updated DVRec but I remember reading that this version fixed it. Has anyone got a solution? Neil
July 4th 03 07:05 PM
by Paul Webster Go to last post
1 240
Why swap BBC1/BBC2 schedules for tennis as then Freeview viewers then miss local programmes by DeeInLondon
Instead of stupid channels on Freeview like Bidup TV - why not have a single dedicated Sports channel and stop messing about with regular programming, I'm fed up with normal programming being messed up by the latest sporting event that lastes for hours on end!! There are only a limited number on channels on Freeview - why is the majority of them crap!! Why is BidUp TV considered worthy of a...
July 4th 03 06:57 PM
by Dom Robinson Go to last post
2 275
Public consultation on updating the "Television without Frontiers" Directive by Alan \(in Brussels\)
The European Commission has launched a public consultation to help it to assess whether there is a need to update or adapt the "Television without Frontiers" Directive. In partiular, it invites contributions addressing the following themes: a.. Theme 1 : Access to events of major importance to society b.. Theme 2 : Promotion of cultural diversity and of competitiveness of the European...
July 4th 03 06:11 PM
by Paul Evans Go to last post
4 266
Automatic VCR timed recording by Mark Johnson
I need to find a better way to record automatically. Here's the story so far: SITUATION 1 I am using a Thomson DTI 1000 digital box. In the manual, it says that you only have to set the timer on the STB if you have a Thomson video recorder, and it will start recording automatically. PROBLEM 1
July 4th 03 05:29 PM
by Phil Brady Go to last post
1 263
Poor BBC channels and ITV on sky box by Kawps
Hi, I've got a sky box with no subscription but all this week BBC channels and ITV have been really messed up with blocks, picture freezing and sound popping. I called Sky and they said the BBC have switched frequencies/transponder? And that the box is working fine because C5/C4 and the Sky info channel is fine. Anyone knows how to fix this problem.
July 4th 03 04:32 PM
by Kawps Go to last post
4 368
Rigger's Diary by Wrightsaerials
Typical I will have to wait until I can afford a house. Come and live in South Yorkshire. You can have a nice roomy place for 18,000. Bill Laugh at our Rogue's Gallery Admire the antiquities in Albert's Attic Marvel at our breathtaking Aerial Photography All anoraks MUST visit http://www.wrightsaerials.tv/index.html
July 4th 03 11:48 AM
by Wrightsaerials Go to last post
0 245
How to Make a DVD from a Nebula DigiTV source? by David van Kemenade
"martin dibb" wrote in message ... I have another question though. I presume one selects "MPEG-2 Program (VBR)" from within TMPGenc, selecting "mpeg tools" and a "Simple multiplex"? (As DVD is MPEG-2.) That's right. I have found UleadDVDMF still converts and remultiplexes the file, so obviously TMPGenc is not producing a...
July 4th 03 10:24 AM
by David van Kemenade Go to last post
0 217
Analog Ch 32 receiving SKY program. by [email protected]
In the course of investigation of interference when watching video tapes, I have isolated the problem to receiving a SKY program on analogue CH 32. The picture is just a little snowy but perfectly viewable. My DTTV pace box and video recorder have been eliminated (unplugged from mains and aerial chain) as the source of the signal. I do not have SKY! The next door neighbour (other half of...
July 4th 03 09:53 AM
by QrizB Go to last post
5 389
'TMPGEnc DVD Author' Problems with 16:9 & 4:3 ratio by Paul Dundas
"martin dibb" wrote in message ... I have a video recorded with the Nebula-Electronics DigiTV card. The portion I want to record to DVD has an aspect ratio (AR) of 4:3 but a short segment before is 16:9. There's the rub! The initial 16:9 portion is setting the AR for the entire clip making the 4:3 section look vertically ...
July 4th 03 09:26 AM
by Paul Dundas Go to last post
0 300
Post New Thread