Post New Thread
BBC101 CHANNEL by Badlad
How come I have now BBC1 WM on 101 program channel , when I am in the EM Nottingham area, albeit I can get EM NO on channel 950, but surely BBC101 should show EM not WM anyone any ideas please !
August 1st 03 01:54 AM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
8 330
English/Scottish TV... by user0
Hi all, I'm new to this group, so excuse me if this is a simpe question (I'm also new to digi tv stuff, and I have searched for answers, but a lot of it didn't mean much to me). I have an ordinary TV, and an ordinary aeriel, plugged into a digi receiver. I get the free view channels on the receiver. I would like, if possible, to receive England's BBC channels (I live in Scotland), but have been...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 31st 03 11:22 PM
by Rod P Go to last post
17 614
Best Freeview box - advice sought by Laurence Taylor
Scott wrote: Apologies if this question has been asked already but my searching activity did not come up with anything. I'm looking for a Freeview decoder for a present. Would you suggest Thomson, Grundig or Pace? I've heard that the Pace has a tendency to become very hot. The idea of buying a British product has some appeal - Thomson or Grundig?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 31st 03 10:47 PM
by Scott Go to last post
13 552
Channel Five not FTA by Anthony Thomas
I've had to do the same, TCM has been quite popular. Tony "Wrightsaerials" wrote in message ... We have a few distribution systems that use satellite for Channel Five (I'm not going to call it 'five' because I think it's ignorant not to use initial capitals). Anyway, they are now faced with paying 12.60 a...
July 31st 03 09:34 PM
by Anthony Thomas Go to last post
0 151
Minimum PC system for PVR ? by Darren Wilkinson
-- reply to chipsuar.chipsuarremove this at charitydays.co.uk "JPG" wrote in message ... To construct a PVR using a PC, what would be the minimum spec? Can a PC DVD writer record analogue or digital TV on the fly? Is it worth using the Freeview Hauppage units? Would I have to have PC graphics with TV out or does the...
July 31st 03 08:00 PM
by Darren Wilkinson Go to last post
0 138
Channel Five not FTA by Wrightsaerials
Are these systems out of area for DTTV/analogue? Yes. Bill
July 31st 03 07:36 PM
by Wrightsaerials Go to last post
0 138
Minimum PC system for PVR ? by [email protected]
Keith Bailey wrote: As regards PC muscle a 2Gb P4 or Celeron is probably adequate provided you give it plenty of RAM AND DON'T TRY TO DO ANYTHING ELSE WHILST IT'S RECORDING. I've got an 800 MHz Athlon with 256 MB RAM and a 120 GB hard disk. It runs Debian GNU/Linux, along with the Linux DVB drivers. The 'VDR' (Video Disk Recorder) application works a treat. ...
July 31st 03 06:56 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 109
New downlead cabling - advice please.... by harrogate
"Jonathan Buzzard" wrote in message ... In article , (Wrightsaerials) writes: As I said, you can't compensate for the disadvantages of a loft installation by using a bigger aerial. What are these disadvantages that cannot be compensated...
July 31st 03 12:43 PM
by Tim Mitchell Go to last post
2 169
Freeview 7 day listings by Dave
"John P" wrote in message ... "The Equalizer" wrote in message ... does anyone know when Freeview will start to broadcast a 7 day EPG. I have just brought the Pace Twin Tuner and am a bit p****d that i have to revert to typing in the...
July 31st 03 10:18 AM
by Dave Go to last post
0 128
Aerial Suitability - block of flats by Wrightsaerials
It's unlikely that a system serving only 6 outlets would have channel filters. Bill
July 31st 03 02:19 AM
by Wrightsaerials Go to last post
0 161
No EPG listings by bIOforger
Is it me or have the EPG listings been unavailable at this hour for the last 2 days or so on sky+ digi? and why? a reboot fixes, but its a pain in the arse to do this everytime it happens. I noticed this on a regular basis on normal digi sometimes to. Is there some monkey somewhere who has to update em at funny hours and isnt doing it atm? heh -- ~Regards~ bIO Some people have a way with
July 31st 03 02:10 AM
by bIOforger Go to last post
0 163
Freeview 7 day listings by Mat Overton
does anyone know when Freeview will start to broadcast a 7 day EPG. I have just brought the Pace Twin Tuner and am a bit p****d that i have to revert to typing in the srat and finsh times when i want to record a program You're ****ed off??? Imagine how Pace feel!!!!!! Still not much word on it, mind you I wouldn't take anything Freeview say very seriously.
July 30th 03 11:14 PM
by Mat Overton Go to last post
0 136
Freeview 7 day listings by NO LOGO
"The Equalizer" wrote in message ... does anyone know when Freeview will start to broadcast a 7 day EPG. I have just brought the Pace Twin Tuner and am a bit p****d that i have to revert to typing in the srat and finsh times when i want to record a program
July 30th 03 11:05 PM
by NO LOGO Go to last post
0 146
New downlead cabling - advice please.... by Jonathan Buzzard
In article , Andy Sinclair writes: Wrightsaerials wrote: However, back in the real world . . . Maybe he lives in a cathedral? I actually I have quite a shallow loft space in height. Now my sister could have half a dozen DAT75 aerials installed with bags of space left over no problem.
July 30th 03 08:13 PM
by Jonathan Buzzard Go to last post
0 192
Nokia mediamaster 9600S design error? by chris L
PS some additional info: Nokia have tried to help fix this machine and have upgraded the software to the latest version C13 but on their known working instalation can't get it to register a signal. They therefore conclude that it has a tuner fault. I found this result on some of the scan options (with the original software) but on others it did register a signal and I was able to proceed to...
July 30th 03 04:57 PM
by chris L Go to last post
0 286
Freeview: Picture break up on ITV1 and C4 by Robin Smith
Just got back from 2 weeks leave and find that just these 2 channels only are getting frequent picture break up that was not there before. All other channels are fine I have a regular aerial cable but this has always worked fine apart from the occasional passing unsupressed(and MOT'ed I guess) car which causes the usual clicks and squares Anyone know if anything changed or have the same problem
July 30th 03 03:18 PM
by Robin Smith Go to last post
5 1,151
O/T Pronounciation Question by [email protected]
sPoNiX wrote: What's the right way to pronounce 'Wega' as produced by Sony? I've heard some pronounce the 'W' in the name as a 'V'. Vay-gar r? Where'd you get an 'r' from?!
July 30th 03 10:09 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 149
New downlead cabling - advice please.... by Tony Stanley
"Wrightsaerials" wrote in message ... But much more often it has proved impossible to obtain perfect reception on a loft aerial, no matter what the budget. As I said, you can't compensate for the disadvantages of a loft installation by using a bigger aerial. Bill
July 29th 03 11:00 PM
by Tony Stanley Go to last post
0 179
Satellite grade cable by Paul
Anyone got any links where I can buy this? Cheers, Paul
July 29th 03 09:38 PM
by CyberSOGA Go to last post
2 216
JVC AV28R25EKS service menu? by robpiggott
hi need to make a few adjustments, does anybody know how to access the service menu. thanks rob
July 29th 03 08:56 PM
by robpiggott Go to last post
0 261
Post New Thread