Post New Thread
'Analogue' is the new 'Digital' by Steve
Analogue is the new digital. Its official !! The main benefits of the 'analogue tv system' are as follows: All the main five terrestrial channels are available free without silly plastic cards, and forced subscription (on top of the license fee) Near blanket coverage, so none of the reception problems associated with digital, even on portable systems (handheld receivers etc) Better picture...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 2nd 03 10:13 PM
by Charlie Pearce Go to last post
37 1,255
SetPal - tentative thumbs up by Staiger
Setpal are re-transmitting the upgrade number 65 until 4th August. Yep, got it, thanks. Staiger
August 2nd 03 07:32 PM
by Staiger Go to last post
0 143
pace twin and RGB by The Equalizer
I currently have sky digital. However i have had to cancel my subscription due to redundancy. I am therefore looking at the Pace twin tuner. If was to connect the TV scart output of the digibox to the scart 2 on the Pace twin tuner would it pass the RGB through the box and out of Scart 1?
August 2nd 03 07:17 PM
by Martin Imber Go to last post
4 317
O/T Pronounciation Question by Andrew @ Home
Its pronounced as a V i.e. VEGA, German origin as I remember from what was @ the time the brightest visible light source outside our galaxy. Someone's bright idea. Lettuce Prey
August 2nd 03 07:17 PM
by Martin Imber Go to last post
6 154
Any news on ITV reception? by David
"Staiger" wrote in message ... You might like to read my experiences with SetPal re. poor reception. Meanwhile, ITV and C4 are MUCH poorer signals than the BBC and Five channels. Does anyone know if/when this situation will be resolved? And, in fact, why ITV and C4 are so much worse? They are broadcast on the old...
August 2nd 03 05:40 PM
by David Go to last post
0 164
DEC2000-T & Recording Problems by Neil Deadman
Firstly, let me say to anyone thinking of buying this product....DON'T!!! I'm going to replace mine!!! The idea behind the product (i.e. being able to record to your PC and use it to watch on both PC & TV) is great. That's why I bought it. I'm now suffering too many problems. I am getting problems with the box keep freezing and now the reason for my posting....I can't record...
August 2nd 03 05:23 PM
by Neil Deadman Go to last post
0 130
Melbourne by tvbug
"Dom Spencer (N e-site)" wrote in message ... The equipment you need http://www.all-areas-antennas.com.au/ Yeah bit over the top as we don't use VHF bands 1 & 3 un like aus. Also combined VHF and UHF aerials have always had very poor gain.
August 2nd 03 03:29 PM
by tvbug Go to last post
0 167
VCR suddenly records widescreen off Panasonic STB with Sky Digital by Tim Brookshaw
On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 16:50:12 +0100, Rob Randall wrote: On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 15:51:53 +0100, Tim Brookshaw wrote: Imagine my surprise when the TV showed widescreen on the VCR feed to the TV.
August 2nd 03 01:21 PM
by Tim Brookshaw Go to last post
0 152
VCR suddenly records widescreen off Panasonic STB with Sky Digital by Martin Underwood
"Rob Randall" wrote in message ... On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 15:51:53 +0100, Tim Brookshaw wrote: Imagine my surprise when the TV showed widescreen on the VCR feed to the TV. The VCR is only recording the Widescreen signal because it has been
August 2nd 03 01:15 PM
by Martin Underwood Go to last post
0 145
Channel Five not FTA by Robin Nixon
When I was in LA a few years back I happily paid an extra $6.99 (If I correctly recall the amount) with my Dish Networks sub in order to receive a bouquet of local stations. The picture quality was clearer and I could also receive a couple of channels I couldn't pick up terrestrially. That Alpha Punjabi sub is similarly priced and if that channel can make a profit selling such a sub that also...
August 2nd 03 10:04 AM
by Robin Nixon Go to last post
0 141
Hannington power upgrades? by no
Does anybody know if/when Hannington is due any power upgrades? I'm in Caversham (north of Reading) and DTT reception is a little flaky, even with a new aerial, new cabling and a booster. I get a decent enough analogue signal from Hannington but regular break-ups (especially on the QAM64 muxes) using digital. I'm using a Nebula DigiTV PCI which reports a signal strength of around 71%, with an...
August 2nd 03 09:55 AM
by sbavin Go to last post
4 455
Minimum PC system for PVR ? by jimmy james
On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 12:31:31 +0100, JPG wrote: To construct a PVR using a PC, what would be the minimum spec? Can a PC DVD writer record analogue or digital TV on the fly? Is it worth using the Freeview Hauppage units? Would I have to have PC graphics with TV out or does the Hauppage unit feed back via USB2.0? TIA
August 2nd 03 12:26 AM
by jimmy james Go to last post
3 267
technical: ghosting on freeview by Default
What's the consensus regarding ghosting on freeview? Do you all notice it? I use the Nova-T adaptor to watch TV on my PC. I used to have a TFT (actually tried several with 25ms response times), but the results weren't always impressive, gave too many giddy feelings while in fast motion sequences. I since switched to a CRT (~370MHz pixel rate, a very fast response rate) to remedy this, but I...
August 2nd 03 12:23 AM
by Default Go to last post
0 165
Channel Five not FTA by Mat Overton
We have a few distribution systems that use satellite for Channel Five (I'm not going to call it 'five' because I think it's ignorant not to use initial capitals). Anyway, they are now faced with paying 12.60 a month just for this channel. Most of them are narked about it and have asked me to put the receiver on a FTA channel instead. So Channel Five have lost a lot of...
August 1st 03 07:41 PM
by Mat Overton Go to last post
0 138
Channel Five not FTA by Wrightsaerials
If it's a multi-occupancy block, perhaps they'd be happy to pay a few bob each towards it. These people are (a) elderly, and (b) Yorkshire. They can't see why they should pay anything for a free channel. Bill
August 1st 03 07:18 PM
by Some bloke Go to last post
4 161
VCR suddenly records widescreen off Panasonic STB with Sky Digital by Martin Underwood
"Tim Brookshaw" wrote in message ... Always, when recording wide screen on my VCR I get the typical 'horizontal squash' anamorphic effect on the VCR, so have to adjust the TV to widescreen manually on playback. No big deal - I guess it's this way for everybody. This is how it's always been for me: the...
August 1st 03 04:27 PM
by Martin Underwood Go to last post
0 167
Minimum PC system for PVR ? by Darren Wilkinson
-- reply to chipsuar.chipsuarremove this at charitydays.co.uk "JPG" wrote in message ... To construct a PVR using a PC, what would be the minimum spec? Can a PC DVD writer record analogue or digital TV on the fly? Is it worth using the Freeview Hauppage units? Would I have to have PC graphics with TV out or does the...
August 1st 03 04:19 PM
by Darren Wilkinson Go to last post
0 174
Melbourne by JPG
On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 19:05:51 +1000, "Dom Spencer \(N e-site\)" wrote: The equipment you need http://www.all-areas-antennas.com.au/ No thanks - I don't want a 1000 air fare added to the usual 45 an hour aerial erector rate.
August 1st 03 01:39 PM
by JPG Go to last post
0 182
New downlead cabling - advice please.... by Mark Carver
Andy Sinclair wrote: I've been in the roof of Winchester cathedral, you could fit a pretty big aerial in there. I'm told that ILR station Star FM in Ely Cambs, have their transmitting aerial *inside* the roof of Ely cathedral.
August 1st 03 09:13 AM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
2 151
Channel Five not FTA by Aztech
"Wrightsaerials" wrote in message ... Can you not invoke the god of Freeview to see if he will take pity on them? The god of Freeview's writ does not run in some parts of Sheffield. In that case you must leave the heathens to their fate. Az.
August 1st 03 03:04 AM
by Wrightsaerials Go to last post
1 150
Post New Thread