Post New Thread
Automatic VCR timed recording by Mark Johnson
I need to find a better way to record automatically. Here's the story so far: SITUATION 1 I am using a Thomson DTI 1000 digital box. In the manual, it says that you only have to set the timer on the STB if you have a Thomson video recorder, and it will start recording automatically. PROBLEM 1
July 4th 03 05:29 PM
by Phil Brady Go to last post
1 257
Poor BBC channels and ITV on sky box by Kawps
Hi, I've got a sky box with no subscription but all this week BBC channels and ITV have been really messed up with blocks, picture freezing and sound popping. I called Sky and they said the BBC have switched frequencies/transponder? And that the box is working fine because C5/C4 and the Sky info channel is fine. Anyone knows how to fix this problem.
July 4th 03 04:32 PM
by Kawps Go to last post
4 361
Rigger's Diary by Wrightsaerials
Typical I will have to wait until I can afford a house. Come and live in South Yorkshire. You can have a nice roomy place for 18,000. Bill Laugh at our Rogue's Gallery Admire the antiquities in Albert's Attic Marvel at our breathtaking Aerial Photography All anoraks MUST visit http://www.wrightsaerials.tv/index.html
July 4th 03 11:48 AM
by Wrightsaerials Go to last post
0 241
How to Make a DVD from a Nebula DigiTV source? by David van Kemenade
"martin dibb" wrote in message ... I have another question though. I presume one selects "MPEG-2 Program (VBR)" from within TMPGenc, selecting "mpeg tools" and a "Simple multiplex"? (As DVD is MPEG-2.) That's right. I have found UleadDVDMF still converts and remultiplexes the file, so obviously TMPGenc is not producing a...
July 4th 03 10:24 AM
by David van Kemenade Go to last post
0 210
Analog Ch 32 receiving SKY program. by [email protected]
In the course of investigation of interference when watching video tapes, I have isolated the problem to receiving a SKY program on analogue CH 32. The picture is just a little snowy but perfectly viewable. My DTTV pace box and video recorder have been eliminated (unplugged from mains and aerial chain) as the source of the signal. I do not have SKY! The next door neighbour (other half of...
July 4th 03 09:53 AM
by QrizB Go to last post
5 368
'TMPGEnc DVD Author' Problems with 16:9 & 4:3 ratio by Paul Dundas
"martin dibb" wrote in message ... I have a video recorded with the Nebula-Electronics DigiTV card. The portion I want to record to DVD has an aspect ratio (AR) of 4:3 but a short segment before is 16:9. There's the rub! The initial 16:9 portion is setting the AR for the entire clip making the 4:3 section look vertically ...
July 4th 03 09:26 AM
by Paul Dundas Go to last post
0 294
Central (East Midlands} by Badlad
Dont seem to be able get Central (East Midlands). on Satallite , always get Central (West Midlands) , any 1 any Ideas of Frequency for Central (East Midlands )
July 4th 03 07:02 AM
by Badlad Go to last post
5 654
Sky1 went widescreen! by System Addict
"David van Kemenade" wrote It's clear that Sky is probably not the most innovative broadcaster in the UK. Sky invested millions and millions in developing, from scratch, a completely propietary digital satellite system, including a complete set up for uplinking hundreds of channels, then the EPG software including interactive services for each set top box, encryption that has yet to be hacked,...
July 4th 03 05:46 AM
by Ed Ellers Go to last post
5 323
TV License Evasion by R. Mark Clayton
"Bill Bennett" wrote in message ... So, a friend of mine is going to Uni this year, he wants to watch telly in his dormroom. Probably the best way is to get a TV card and insert it in a PC. Insert a high pass filter in the aerial socket so the IF (what the detectors looks for) doesn't leak out. Make sure the PC has metal case.
July 4th 03 12:53 AM
by Dave Go to last post
9 401
Squarials ( Albert's Attic) by Wrightsaerials
Tarzan, I think. A role traditionally reserved for a two legged actor. Your right leg is fine. I have nothing against your right leg. Unfortunately neither do you. Yes that's right. And doesn't he use the word 'unidexter', which isn't a real word? Bill http://www.wrightsaerials.tv/index.html
July 4th 03 12:44 AM
by Wrightsaerials Go to last post
0 233
Philips 32PW6506 Problem resolved! by sam
i bet if you look inside the scar sockit will have some work done on it too i know these thing cos i fix the dame things "Fred Glaser" wrote in message ... Hi Folks Some of you may remember I was having trouble with a blue tint on my picture when an RGB input was selected. Well I am pleased to say that it...
July 4th 03 12:26 AM
by sam Go to last post
0 255
Philips 32PW6506 Problem resolved! by sam
i resister or cap on the blue pin to earth will fix it or do it inside the box and your done "Fred Glaser" wrote in message ... Hi Folks Some of you may remember I was having trouble with a blue tint on my picture when an RGB input was selected. Well I am pleased to say that it has now been fixed. The...
July 4th 03 12:24 AM
by sam Go to last post
0 258
Pace Ondigital box by JR
Works fine, but mostly only on the remote control. The only button that works is ON/OFF, and that not all the time. Is that usual, no way of getting the buttons to work!.
July 3rd 03 10:25 PM
by Paul Evans Go to last post
5 340
Hauppauge Win tv Nova by Sid
With reference to the problems I was having (see earlier in thread): Well I now have a fully working TV Card :) I upgraded my PC, and put the TV Card at the bottom - as far away from the other cards as possible. Strangely I could not get the software to work (1.48) as no channels were found during the search and I did not seem to be getting any signal (even after doing the uk.reg thing). But I...
July 3rd 03 10:04 PM
by Andrew Go to last post
1 276
Nebula Delivery by Tom
Hi, Last night I ordered a nebula DigiTV card. I then receieved an email today (sent yesterday) saying it would be despatched on the 3rd (today). What I'm asking is, will there be any chance of it arriving tommorow? Also, what type of delivery do they use? Royal mail? I'm asking as if it doesn't come tommorow or saturday (as well as the fact some couriers don't deliver saturdays), no one...
July 3rd 03 07:12 PM
by Jaime Go to last post
3 237
widesceen on freeview by Carl Hender
Hi I know this sounds like a newbie question but I need it answered thanks. I have seen some freeview boxes saying they decode widescreen TV and some that don't mention it at all. I have a 32" widescreen TV and used to have NTL cable TV but had trouble with signal strength. I've had an aerial updated to receive freeview but have not chosen a box yet. Will even a cheep STB decode widescreen for...
July 3rd 03 06:56 PM
by Carl Hender Go to last post
3 316
Squarials ( Albert's Attic) by Dom Robinson
In article , says... Getting a few 'page not found's in the pics. Yes, sorry, the webmistress hasn't quite finished the Attic. Ooh, that sounds tempting. Where can I get a webmistress from? ;) -- Dom Robinson Gamertag: DVDfever dom at dvdfever dot co dot uk
July 3rd 03 06:20 PM
by Wrightsaerials Go to last post
5 278
FTV Card Services NOT Issuing any more Series 2 Cards by Stuart
"Chris Vowles" wrote in message ... A dark day for all those who bought boxes to view FTV TV on, bye bye five. Yes, I do remember just a year ago some strange people here deriding my decision to get a DVTA instead of a FTV Satellite setup.
July 3rd 03 06:05 PM
by Adrian \(CatMan\) Go to last post
6 319
What good is a spare digi box? by Paul Turner
Hi - I am new to all this so please bear with me! I have recently had sky digital installed in my lounge with the movies/sport package. However someone I know is selling a sky digibox and I wondered what good it would be if I put in my bedroom and connected it to the dish? It doesn't have a card... - Is it easy to split the cable from the dish so it goes to both boxes? - Will the box work at...
July 3rd 03 03:51 PM
by Mark Go to last post
3 266
How to Make a DVD from a Nebula DigiTV source? by martin dibb
Thanks for all the tips on how you author DVDs. I've been trialing TMPGEnc DVD Author 1.5.11.37, if you don't have it download it for a free 30 day trial. It 'blows the socks off' DVDMF!! To use it, simply perform the two stages of muxing that Ron suggested, then load the file into TMPGEnc DVD Author. There you can cut out adverts, add menus (even animated menus!), chapters, etc.
July 3rd 03 12:35 PM
by martin dibb Go to last post
0 287
Post New Thread