Post New Thread
Pace Twin Standby problem by Charles H. Brain
Hello, Sometimes when I try to get the twin out of standby the box goes through it's Init routine over and over again. The only way to get it to work is to remove the power for a minute or so. Has anyone else seen this problem ? - Charles
July 16th 03 10:27 AM
by Charles H. Brain Go to last post
2 326
Variable freeview quality by Chris
Hi, I've just got round to buying a Sony widescreen and Nokia freeview decoder (T221 I think). I knew there were limitations to the freeview service (picture quality) so expected it to be a little rough around the edges.
July 16th 03 10:00 AM
by David van Kemenade Go to last post
4 379
Rowridge Mux A Power uplift by Davee
I've never had problems with MUX A but 2 (ITV, Ch4) is variable. OK from last November to about May, then terrible, now it's suddenly back. Is it the leaves on the trees (could have been a problem as Spring arrved, but no less foliage now ), or the hot weather, or has the power been turned up? I wonder what is the progress on the possible move from ch 52 to 28? Dave
July 16th 03 08:26 AM
by Chris S Go to last post
1 313
toshiba widescreen question by holmesy
hi. thought id ask anyone here in the no which of the two TVs below would be best value for a room that has no direct sunlight. I mean,, is it worth paying the extra 40 quid for the flat screen if there isnt any direct sunlight, and also if the actual screen size is smaller on the flat screen tv? Model: 28W33 - non flat screen http://www.be-direct.co.uk/shop4/productDetails.asp?id=12298 flat...
July 16th 03 07:13 AM
by holmesy Go to last post
3 372
Nova-T PCI - Help!!! by [email protected]
Finally managed to get the Nova-T PCI to see past my firewall and actually get a couple of channels, but now I have a problem that has totally stumped me. I can start the software, I hear some sound but see no picture and then I get a "DVB-TV.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." error...... Any possible ideas of what it might be?
July 16th 03 05:51 AM
by Dave Pickles Go to last post
4 546
ITV Regions on DSat by Alan
This evening I was watching (don't ask?) the Westcountry local ITV News on DSat - though I have a 'London' viewing card and live in London. For the first half of the programme the Grundig Digibox kept displaying a graphic which read something like, "Reception of this service will soon cease. Please phone...." Is the removal of 'regional' facilties on ITV a consequence of the BBC going 'in the...
July 15th 03 06:33 PM
by Alan Go to last post
0 354
NTL Digibox Remote Control gone mad! by Pete Tobin
Hi, Just got back from my hols and my pace digibox remote has gone mad. All the buttons do something different e.g. tv = move to next channel, channel+ = switch the box off etc. I had to do a restart before my holiday to allow my broadband update to take place and I wonder if I have picked up a dodgy software update. Thanks
July 15th 03 06:30 PM
by Pete Tobin Go to last post
6 435
Best Box by Peter Rance
Sorry - it's a question that probably been asked a 100 times, but when you are not about to buy one you take no notice...... What's considered the best Freeview box at the moment (single tuner) or ones to avoid........ Thanks All
July 15th 03 02:48 PM
by Davee Go to last post
2 333
Pace Twin update/missing recordings by Roger Wilmut
There is another software update for the Pace Twin due on 25/26 July. Pace told me that they hope that this has addressed the missing recordings bug (where timed recordings appear to be being made but fail to appear in the library) though they won't know for certain until it's been in use for a time. They also said that they have found the error is likely to happen if the box is on at the...
July 15th 03 11:59 AM
by Tim Mitchell Go to last post
3 311
Ch4 to cease digital transmission on Sky. by David
Watching Ch4 on my non subscription Sky digibox tonight got an on screen message saying this transmission will cease soon. -- Regards, David Please reply to News Group.
July 15th 03 10:29 AM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
6 554
DAB antenna impedance? by Peter Crosland
Are the F type 50 ohm or 75ohm on DAB tuners please?
July 15th 03 01:16 AM
by R. Mark Clayton Go to last post
3 675
Aerial rigging in the 1940s by Wrightsaerials
See http://www.wrightsaerials.tv/myfirstaerialjobpg2.html Bill Laugh at our Rogue's Gallery Admire the antiquities in Albert's Attic Marvel at our breathtaking Aerial Photography All anoraks MUST visit http://www.wrightsaerials.tv/index.html
July 14th 03 09:45 PM
by Stephen Peterson Go to last post
5 459
IDTV Recommendations by Martin Imber
GEt a Sony
July 14th 03 09:14 PM
by Martin Imber Go to last post
0 314
Pace Twin minor display bug by Roger Wilmut
Can anyone confirm this minor bug? Start playing a recording. If you change the playback speed, the indicator will appear in the top right-hand corner. Press stop. Now press play to resume the recording from where you stopped. If you change the speed the indicator no longer appears, though all functions operate correctly. You can get it back by pressing info, and then pressing it again to...
July 14th 03 08:39 PM
by Malcolm (itsonlyme) Go to last post
4 289
tv? by Cockney Rob
hi im looking to purchase a wide screen digital televison, dvd (multi region) / video package anyone know of any good deals lately?? cheers
July 14th 03 07:41 PM
by Cockney Rob Go to last post
0 289
Freeview on SKY by Alan Fretten
I started getting messages on my Freeview channels today saying that I would soon stop receiving the channel. I phoned the number given in the message and was told that the Freeview channels were no longer going to be available unless I subscribed to a Sky package. so much for "Freeview" The boxes that connect to the ordinary TV ariel don't work in our area and we don't have cable. So much for...
July 14th 03 07:14 PM
by Gav Go to last post
9 676
Nebula USB, any luck ? by Kipper
Hi anyone bought one of these ? Would like a few opinions before taking the plunge. Keith --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
1 318
Remote IR receiver with Freeview box by Peter Rance
I thought I saw a Freeview box with a remote IR receiver, so the box could be hidden. Anyone know what make this was ? Thanks
July 14th 03 04:37 PM
by Ben Tisdall Go to last post
3 521
Watch Rod Hull tonight by Wrightsaerials
A profile of Rod Hull will be shown tonight on C4 at 9pm. I'll be interested to see the bit about him falling off the roof whilst fiddling with his aerial. Incidentally, thanks to whoever it was that alerted me to the Laurel and Hardy film where they fixed a radio aerial. Ohh I did laugh! I'll treasure that tape for ever! Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 14th 03 03:26 PM
by Duncan Ross Go to last post
10 559
IDTV Recommendations by David
I did have one, but it soon was out of date on the digital side. Had to get rid and buy a 'normal' Tv and a seperate box. I would suggest a seperate Tv and adaptor box is the best choice for any possible changes. A bonus is tjat you have a greater choice of Tv sets. -- Regards, David
July 14th 03 03:10 PM
by David Go to last post
0 333
Post New Thread