Post New Thread
AVerTV DVB-T software support? by Tony
I contacted the company a few weeks ago, and their spokesperson said that new software with much more support would be available for the AVerTV DVB-T card at the end of June 2003, but nothing has been updated on their site as of yet. Perhaps there is no update after all..? I dont know. Its a real shame this card doesn't offer all the cool facilities that others do. Maybe it will when the...
July 10th 03 05:45 PM
by Tony Go to last post
0 251
NetGem i-Player connectivity... by Steve Hall
Folks, Having finally given in to the lure of an STB (I refuse to have an overgrown dinner plate bolted to my house), I'm keen to get the NetGem. However, a couple of questions, if I may... 1. Am I right in thinking that the latest software release (May 03) will allow me to plug in my USB ADSL modem, and connect to the net via DSL, and so avoid the need for an additional ISP and any dial...
July 10th 03 05:19 PM
by Tenex Go to last post
4 298
BBC no change by Aztech
"David" wrote in message ... "Mark Carver" wrote in message news:bej1t4$5hpo1$1@ID- Give 'um a chance ! It's hardly worth coming into BBC TVC extra early for something that can be done at leisure during 'office hours' ! :-)
July 10th 03 02:55 PM
by Aztech Go to last post
0 221
TV License Evasion by Peter
On Wed, 2 Jul 2003 00:40:16 +0100, "Bill Bennett" wrote: So, a friend of mine is going to Uni this year, he wants to watch telly in his dormroom. What are the chances TV-L will come and kick his ass if he doesnt pay? What if he has a real TV (which he covers up if the detectors come round), and fobs them off with a little battery powered handheld TV...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 10th 03 11:26 AM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
13 536
"Set Top" Aerial recommendations by Steve Peake
On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 14:36:26 GMT, Some bloke wrote: "Doctor D." wrote Antiference http://www.antiference.co.uk/indoor.htm or the Labgear Tristar http://www.labgear.co.uk/images/ANR310.jpg I've tried both of these with a SetPal, and I found the Labgear to provide considerably superior results. It also provided a better result than a One-For-All aerial...
July 10th 03 10:16 AM
by Steve Peake Go to last post
0 256
Video Senders; by soundmix
Where can I find comparative reviews of video senders? I've found many comments on the web and newsgroups about the Philips VL1200 (is the bubbling on low audio some mention a real problem?) but very little on any others so any recommendations would be appreciated. The sender will be used from a digibox in the lounge to a scart equipped bedroom tv with audio fed to a hi-fi system - I would also...
July 10th 03 09:18 AM
by bbk Go to last post
5 277
BBC no change by Brian McIlwrath
David wrote: : Give 'um a chance ! It's hardly worth coming into BBC TVC extra early : for something that can be done at leisure during 'office hours' ! :-) : : Interesting comment, but I would expect changes to take place at night when : less people watching in case of any problem. One of the Sky Digital forums quoted a BBC source as saying they would start at...
July 10th 03 08:53 AM
by Brian McIlwrath Go to last post
0 221
BBC no change by Dom Robinson
In article , says... David wrote: Hi, Just tried a Sky digi box with no card it still asks for card to be inserted. Also still scrambled on a non Sky box. Give 'um a chance ! It's hardly worth coming into BBC TVC extra early for something that can be done at leisure during 'office hours' ! :-)
July 10th 03 08:48 AM
by Dom Robinson Go to last post
0 233
Whats happening with HDTV? by Robert Horton
Hi, now that we are in the exciting digital age, when is HDTV coming along? Maybe we are simply wasting money on new widescreen tv's based on antiquated CRT technology and 256 colours from our digital boxes. I stopped using 256 (8 bit depth)colours on my computer in 1995. Wouldn't it be great if we had 16 bit colour depth from the digital system.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 8th 03 10:12 PM
by R. Mark Clayton Go to last post
18 557
Nokia 221T by Marcus Durham
Been given one of these boxes. Found some instructions online, but they haven't been much help. I initially plugged in the box and the right hand LED flashed green for about 2 seconds then the left red LED flashed very briefly. This cycled for about 20 minutes whilst I fiddled about trying to get the thing to go the TV. I'd all but given up and then it suddenly fired into life and was OK.
July 8th 03 08:17 PM
by Dave Go to last post
3 278
newbie Q: what is the dongle thing on the end of the aerial lead? by [neil]
Hi again :-) The lead that goes from the itvdigital box to the tv has a dongle bit at the box end - what's it for? It says something about for safety you have to use it - I was just wondering, what would happen if you used a normal aerial extension lead between the digibox and tv or video? Cheers
July 8th 03 06:31 PM
by Dave Pickles Go to last post
2 232
Recommendation please for another Remote Control by Mike
Just gone terrestrial with a Grundig GDT 1500T and it has a Tele Pilot 760T Remote. Additional remote required by the chair at the other side of the room, so We would be very grateful for a recommendation for, perhaps a multiple remote control. TIA Mike.
July 8th 03 05:07 PM
by Mike Go to last post
0 205
netgem i by donker
Hi group Is there a group for Netgem I digital tv receivers,it is a very good box and I am very impressed with it ,the only thing I cannot work out how it should record to the video with the setup in the box ,I can record setting up the video but according to the manual it should start the video on its own Thanks for any advice
July 8th 03 03:02 PM
by donker Go to last post
4 278
BBC publish what they think will happen to FTV cards by Mark Carver
http://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/dsat_card_never_sky.shtml
July 8th 03 12:25 PM
by Ed Crowley Go to last post
4 262
DigiTv & Linux by Jaime
Someone mentioed that linux TV had beta support for the nebula card, however bing relativly new to linux and not understanding these things much I can not install linux tv (I think thats what its called) to see if it workes. Can anyone help me out? Thanks Jaime
July 8th 03 09:15 AM
by Dave English Go to last post
6 413
sky extra channels thing? by D Mumford
Hello , a friend told me about a device to plug into you sky to enable you to store from other sats. which could be used with a motor.Does anyone know the name?
July 8th 03 08:16 AM
by D Mumford Go to last post
3 239
DTT Mux info by Richard Watkinson
I know it has been done before but could someone 'refresh/ me with the details of which services are on each of the 5 DTT MUXs and which are 64QAM - please. Richard
July 8th 03 06:40 AM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
2 628
Online Satellite Calculations - Update 7 July by HJK
Satellite list in the following calculators is now up to date: -Lookangles -LNB saturation -Downlink budgett -Power reaching the satellite receiver Sun interference calculator now supports worldwide satellites There are also some calculators regarding DVB-S & DVB-C and digital carriers.
July 7th 03 06:02 PM
by HJK Go to last post
0 314
Pace Ondigital box by Dave Hill
On Mon, 07 Jul 2003 13:12:48 +0100, Phil Brady wrote: I'll add to that. The front panel buttons also seem to work if you select subtitles. I'm afraid it's one of those unfathomable but irritating bugs with the software like the intermittent volume up/down and mute symbols on the screen, and the crashes when using the teletext channel. The mute and volume icons are not shown if...
July 7th 03 05:36 PM
by Dave Hill Go to last post
2 281
What is the Deal with Freeview? by DeeInLondon
I've got one Freeview box at home, in addition to Sky TV but only so I can watch Sky TV whilst my Dad watches on of the 3 News Channels on Freeview. But what is the techincal deal with Freeview? a) What is the maximum number of channels it is possible to have on Freeview all at once? I should say TV channels not teletext, games or radio. b) If they turn off the analouge channels 1 to 5 how...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 7th 03 05:15 PM
by John Russell Go to last post
25 764