Post New Thread
2nd pace Ntl set top box ? by Karisto
Looking for a little advice please. I recently have changed over to Ntl digital television and broadband. I had analogue with them for years, 1 set top box downstairs and a box I bought privately upstairs. My main digital box is downstairs and runs the putter as well, what I want advise on is , If I buy another digital set top box privately will it be compatible and work ok, as I don't fancy...
July 13th 03 10:37 PM
by QrizB Go to last post
4 315
Reply from BBC regard lack of DTT by Lakeuk
Below is the reply I received via my local MP to a question I had on why the local transmitter can't have digital, pretty standard reply. Dear Mr ****** Further to our recent correspondence please find enclosed a self-explanatory letter from Martyn Culling at the BBC. I am sorry to send a disappointing reply. Yours Tim Collins MP
July 13th 03 06:48 PM
by Lakeuk Go to last post
0 272
IDTV Recommendations by Aztech
"Neil Deadman" wrote in message ... I'm looking to get a new TV (around 28" due to space limitations) and want to get an Integrated Digital TV. I already have a Hauppauge DEC2000-T which I use with my PC to record programmes. Anyone have any recommendations or possibly ones to keep away from? Maybe some of you know...
July 13th 03 03:35 PM
by Aztech Go to last post
0 252
aerial recommendations by Steven Templeton
Just got a setpal and I can receive most of the muxes in my area ( Glasgow ) from the Blackhill transmitter. However my signal is pretty weak using my ****ey indoor aerial so I wondered if anyone could recommend a decent loft type aerial for not too many bucks ? Saw one in Argos for about 9 which looked not bad, but my local aerial fitter quoted me 25 for one not too dissimilar ??? I am also...
July 13th 03 08:40 AM
by Steven Templeton Go to last post
0 235
Freeview - Can't Receive BBC etc. by Mike Jenkins
Hello I have just set up a Freeview box (BUSH 50 quid Makro special) and am having a slight problem with it. Apologies if these questions have been answered a million times, feel free to point me to an FAQ. I tried the box with the existing rooftop aerial and could get a few channels, Freeview website says I will probably need a new aerial. Fair enough, I get and install a 19 element Wideband...
July 13th 03 07:15 AM
by AWM Go to last post
5 706
BBC no change by David Quinton
On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 06:41:15 +0100, "David" wrote: 11:22 BBC1 has appeared in the clear on my Echostar Digital Sat. -- Vispa Internet - a real star performer! http://www.vispaconnect.co.uk/index.php?referer=bizorg
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 12th 03 06:26 PM
by Dom Robinson Go to last post
27 687
"Set Top" Aerial recommendations by Richard Williams
In article , Some bloke wrote: "Doctor D." wrote Antiference http://www.antiference.co.uk/indoor.htm or the Labgear Tristar http://www.labgear.co.uk/images/ANR310.jpg I've tried both of these with a SetPal, and I found the Labgear to provide considerably superior results. It also provided a...
July 12th 03 01:20 PM
by Richard Williams Go to last post
0 273
BBC DTT Now and Next? by Geoff Pearson
Seems not to be working properly - Craigkelly? I have 6370 and 6371 boxes and N&N come up empty the last two days on both.
July 12th 03 11:05 AM
by ArmandAlegge Go to last post
2 323
Digital TV Card by Jackie
Hi I am thinking of replacing my analogue tv card with a digital tv card so I can get freeview. However I am not sure if I can receive a digital signal as the nearest digital transmitter is about 20 miles away. Is there any way I can use my present tv card (Hauppauge) to find out if I can receive freeview? Jackie
July 12th 03 08:42 AM
by Martin Imber Go to last post
6 269
Dead Pace Box by Derek
Got a pace box that wont come out of standby, any ideas ? (light flashes in response to remote) regards Derek
July 11th 03 10:35 PM
by Simon Slavin Go to last post
2 270
Hotbird * Astra (28 degrees) by Fy13rt
Can anyone advise on the best setup to view both Hotbird & Astra (28') from the same dish/ I'm in NW England.
July 11th 03 07:36 PM
by Mike Terry Go to last post
3 283
Pace DTVA vs Nokia Mediamaster 9850T by Peter Crighton
I have borrowed a Pace DTVA and get all but 2 of the muxes. I am thinking of buying a second-hand Nokia Mediamaster 9850T. Has anyone compared these two to see how their performance differs in terms of being able to decode muxes in a marginal signal area? -- Peter Crighton Email To:
July 11th 03 05:26 PM
by Clem Dye Go to last post
2 307
Best set-top aeriel by Wrightsaerials
According to Antiference, we need a WH group aeriel for Hannington. Are set-top aeriels categorized like rooftop ones? They're all wideband these days. One fits all. Bill Laugh at our Rogue's Gallery Admire the antiquities in Albert's Attic Marvel at our breathtaking Aerial Photography
July 11th 03 12:39 PM
by Wrightsaerials Go to last post
0 320
Rowridge Mux A Power uplift by Robert Watts
"Hooray" wrote in message ... Ok - anyone know if it happened - anyone notice any difference? I can't say I could see any noticable difference in the level meter on my stb when I checked the other night. I haven't watched anything on it for long enough yet to know if there is any difference in the reception.
July 11th 03 11:07 AM
by Robert Watts Go to last post
0 369
Best set-top aeriel by Some bloke
"Tony Barrett" wrote I'm looking to get the best set-top aeriel I can for DTT reception. Please see the thread that was started just two days ago called :- "Set Top" Aerial recommendations
July 11th 03 10:49 AM
by Some bloke Go to last post
0 304
Rowridge Mux A Power uplift by Chris S
dont think the SDN one went ahead, still getting 3 out of 5 signal strength which is the same as i was getting the other week, all others are normall around 5 out of 5 (apart from mux 2 which i can't get at all) altho last night the signal on a couple of mux's seems to be worse ! or if it has gone ahead it's make bugger all difference over here in poole! "Hooray" ...
July 11th 03 09:16 AM
by Chris S Go to last post
0 238
BBC Local News on freeview by Peter Pratten
In uk.tech.digital-tv, DB writes I wondered how long it would take! It's normal for BBC 2. There is no provision for English regional opts on BBC2 on DTT as the cost to do this is too great for the small amount of opting that happens on BBC2. Just noticed a change here. The BBC2 mid-afternoon news summary has moved to BBC1. I thought at first it might be because of...
July 11th 03 12:35 AM
by Peter Pratten Go to last post
0 322
TV Ariel Cable by DeeInLondon
I went o my Aunts' house to look at her TV picture and it's damn arwful, I thought a Freeview box might help but the signal was too rubbish to get a stable picture Then just for the sake of trying I put a small indoor ariel and the picture was perfect on teriisterial and digital channals - only problem was I had to stnad bythe windows holding the ariel. There are 2 main problems -
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 10th 03 08:12 PM
by John Porcella Go to last post
17 665
AVerTV DVB-T software support? by Tony
I contacted the company a few weeks ago, and their spokesperson said that new software with much more support would be available for the AVerTV DVB-T card at the end of June 2003, but nothing has been updated on their site as of yet. Perhaps there is no update after all..? I dont know. Its a real shame this card doesn't offer all the cool facilities that others do. Maybe it will when the...
July 10th 03 05:45 PM
by Tony Go to last post
0 251
NetGem i-Player connectivity... by Steve Hall
Folks, Having finally given in to the lure of an STB (I refuse to have an overgrown dinner plate bolted to my house), I'm keen to get the NetGem. However, a couple of questions, if I may... 1. Am I right in thinking that the latest software release (May 03) will allow me to plug in my USB ADSL modem, and connect to the net via DSL, and so avoid the need for an additional ISP and any dial...
July 10th 03 05:19 PM
by Tenex Go to last post
4 297
Post New Thread