Post New Thread
Newbie question: ONDigital box for freeview? by Mr Smith
Thanks.... I have a slight problem though and dont know whether it is related to the failure of the box or something else. The Box worked fine until ITV digital went tits up. I packed it away and forgot about it until today. I have taken it out of the box, plugged it in and nothing happens i.e. no lights, no response etc. Ive changed the fuse and still nothing. Im wondering is my box knackered...
August 6th 03 04:25 PM
by Mr Smith Go to last post
1 151
You & Yours on FTV collapse by David van Kemenade
You can listen to the programme again he http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/youandyours/ David "Simon Gardner" wrote in message ... Today's 'You and Yours' on the collapse of FTV from satellite was not useful. One repeated factual error was to claim the BBC alone paid for FTV previously - thus ignoring the financial contributions of C4...
August 6th 03 04:05 PM
by BillR Go to last post
1 158
Nokia 221T by Ed Crowley
"Wainscotting" wrote in message ... I have one of these and was wondering if there was any point in paying for a digital audio coax to optical converter so as I can have digital audio input to my dvd player. Would the sound be appreciably better than analogue input? Yea
August 6th 03 03:58 PM
by Ed Crowley Go to last post
0 149
GRUNDIG DIGITAL FREE-TO-VIEW RECEIVER GDT1500 by Akomic
Your views? I don't really WANT freeview... I don't get too much time to watch the telly, but, I've just moved into the Midlands, and our terrestrial reception is affected badly by the Malverns. Our neighbours say that Freeivew is a complete lifesaver, so, I've been looking around. The cheapest seems to be the Grundig GDT1500 - 68 from Curry's. I noticed an earlier post (about aerial in...
August 6th 03 03:24 PM
by Androo Go to last post
3 245
BBC FTA satellite and Widescreen. by David
I have tuned my digi FTA box into the BBC on the 28deg. satellite and find most of the BBC1 stations auto switch my Tv to wide. But the other BBC stations and the 2 or 3 BBC1's do not, just give a squashed picture and I have to use the Tv aspect button to make it go wide. Seems a strange situation to me. If it did not work on all then I would just think it was my digi box. -- Regards,
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 6th 03 01:38 PM
by Laurence Taylor Go to last post
19 388
PC Based PVR - Is this an ok spec? by Neil Deadman
Since I upgraded my machine I have had a few components lying around that I am going to use to build a second PC anyway. Having recently read all the posts about PC specs for PVR I wondered if these components would be suitable. I have a DEC2000-T which I am going to replace with a nebula DigiTV. Intel Pentium III 600MHz 384Mb RAM Matrox Millennium G550 32Mb with TV Out 40Gb HDD (may increase...
August 6th 03 11:34 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
2 232
Newbie question: ONDigital box for freeview? by Rob Randall
On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 10:41:52 +0100, "Mr Smith" wrote: I have an old Philips DTX7362 ITV Digital box that I haven't used for about 1 year. Can I use this to get the freeview channels...do i need a new Card for the box (still has the original and now defunct ITVDigital card in it). If it worked with ITV Digital it will work with Freeview. Take the old card out as it is...
August 6th 03 10:57 AM
by Rob Randall Go to last post
0 160
You & Yours on FTV collapse by Aztech
"Simon Gardner" wrote in message ... Today's 'You and Yours' on the collapse of FTV from satellite was not useful. One repeated factual error was to claim the BBC alone paid for FTV previously - thus ignoring the financial contributions of C4 and C5. The BBC paid 88% of the costs. Az.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 6th 03 10:40 AM
by Jomtien Go to last post
17 460
BURN?? by Paul Grayson
"Ade" wrote in message ... I know this is probably not the cleverest question in the world but if I leave my Sont tv on a Freeview Radio station for long periods of time, am I gonna get any kind of screen burn??? Will I say the Kiss logo FOR EVER!! The lastest software update for the Grunding GDT-2000 (and the...
August 6th 03 10:14 AM
by Paul Grayson Go to last post
0 139
New Philips DTT box. by Clem Dye
I was having a browse through the new Argos catalogue yesterday and came across a new Philips DTT box, the DTR 1500. It looks a bit like the forthcoming Sony (to me). Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have digital audio out, so I doubt if I'd bother, but it may be OK on second system. When the likes of Pioneer, Sony & Philips releasing new DTT boxes, it seems to me like Freeview is here to...
August 6th 03 10:10 AM
by David Go to last post
1 135
Rowbridge? by Mike GW8IJT
"Jaime" wrote in message ... We have not lost all analogue channels (well nearly there far from watchable) and all the digital terrestrial channels. They seemed to go in stages with some of the digital channels remaining for a while and the analogue slowly getting worse. The snr from bbc2 on dttv which I was watching...
August 6th 03 10:04 AM
by Chris S Go to last post
3 182
BBC Region - top line of picture by Roger
sorry if this has been discussed but cant see it - Ive just got back of holiday and got BBC 1 east (W) on 101 but have a dotted white line at the top of the screen which wasnt there with BBC LDN. Is this a fault with this regions picture or just my TV?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 6th 03 09:37 AM
by Stephen Neal Go to last post
10 410
Progressive Scan DVD Players by [email protected]
Keith Bailey wrote: I have a Hitachi TV which offers progressive scan & I use this for displaying normal TV broadcasts froma Freeview box. I know that this is really no more than a field store but it does improve the perceived vertical resolution. Does anyone have any first hand experience of a progressive scan DVD player in the UK on PAL connected to a display device such as...
August 6th 03 07:56 AM
by One2Go Go to last post
4 344
BURN?? by Ade
Gotta be honest, I just change to my Personal setting on Brightness etc and have it set to dark screen....just in case!!
August 5th 03 11:57 PM
by Ade Go to last post
2 166
Flat Screen Maintenance by Edward Holt
Someone recently told me that maintenance is required for some flat screen TVs every few years. Is that correct or has my friend been misled?
August 5th 03 11:40 PM
by Jonathan Buzzard Go to last post
6 232
Digital TV Picture Break Up by mlp
Just wondering do all free to air dtv boxes suffer from picture break up regularly. I have an old On Digital Pioneer Box and this seem to exhibit this a lot - the sound is an occasional problem but usually it's just the picture that breaks up. Would this be likely to be solved with a newer freeview box? TIA Marcel
August 5th 03 11:36 PM
by Mark G Phillips Go to last post
1 262
Belmont unwatchable last night by Wrightsaerials
Does that mean people to the south of London using CP are being afflicted with Look North? It would be pearls before swine . . . Bill
August 5th 03 07:24 PM
by Wrightsaerials Go to last post
0 168
Belmont unwatchable last night by Tim Mitchell
It's probably the weather, but around 10pm last night the signal from Belmont became almost totally unwatchable in Hull, both analogue (very snowy, wavery rolling pictures) and digital (normally 90% signal, box reporting no signal). Curiously the only channel which was still watchable on both analogue and digital was C5, which is normally the worst quality. I gave up and went to read a...
August 5th 03 06:54 PM
by Rob Amour Go to last post
5 254
Freeview picture breaking up by Robin Smith
Me too , and its usually when cars pass the vertical line of sight -rs "The Equalizer" wrote in message ... Which channels is this happening to? I live in NW London and have only 50% signal strength.
August 5th 03 04:56 PM
by Robin Smith Go to last post
0 178
Progress of Nova-T BDA Driver...? by Default
"John Hawkins" wrote in message ... Hi All, I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the progress of the Nova-T BDA driver: http://sourceforge.net/projects/bdadev/ It seems from the mailing lists that all correspondence (and therefore
August 5th 03 03:39 PM
by Default Go to last post
0 219
Post New Thread