Post New Thread
OT Read if you want a New VCR by David
Just bought a 'Super VHS' JVC vcr HR-S5955EK at Argos for 79-99. The branch had 7 in stock, they are 'managers specials' The same model in catalgue is 149-99, which in it's self seems a good buy for S-vhs. Those I bought from are a different catalogue number so order as 591/7600, if you want one. --
July 22nd 03 10:18 PM
by John Rumm Go to last post
2 333
Oneforall remote by Dom Robinson
In article , says... Hi anyone know the correct site ?? tried the oneforall.com BUT it could not find it . anyone any ideas Cheers Pete
July 22nd 03 10:16 PM
by Dom Robinson Go to last post
0 290
Rigger's Diary - whoops! by Dom Robinson
In article , says... I'm in the process of installing a new TV/SAT/CCTV system in a block of private flats. The agent gave me a list of addresses, names, and phone numbers. Some of the flats are in the name of the owner but in fact are occupied by a tenant. I went round door knocking, to check up on exactly where...
July 22nd 03 10:15 PM
by Dom Robinson Go to last post
2 243
neovo f-315 TFT opinions by Dean Edwards
They seem quite good value. Does anyone in the NG have experience of this monitor, I'm especially interested in the audio/video quality with s-video input from say a VCR. BTW does s-video connection also carry the audio signal? Thanks.
July 22nd 03 10:13 PM
by John Rumm Go to last post
4 328
Oneforall remote by Gareth not NLL or anybody else.
"Peter Glover" wrote in message ... Hi anyone know the correct site ?? tried the oneforall.com BUT it could not find it . anyone any ideas Cheers Pete
July 22nd 03 10:12 PM
by Gareth not NLL or anybody else. Go to last post
0 293
Dead Ringers by David van Kemenade
Hi, I've just deleted my DTT recording of the first episode of the current series of Dead Ringers on BBC2 (broadcast 7/7, rpt 13/7) by mistake. Does anyone happen to have a recording of this? I'd be very grateful if I could make a copy! Thanks, David
July 22nd 03 07:36 PM
by David van Kemenade Go to last post
0 231
On1 Remote Codes required by Steve Kirkman
I will post the codes when I get home. I'm at work at the moment. Steve K.
July 22nd 03 05:49 PM
by Stephen Kirkman Go to last post
1 286
Connect LCD Monitor to STB? by dnm
Does anyone know if it is possible to connect a PC type lcd monitor to a digital set top box (e.g. Thomson DTI1000)?
July 22nd 03 05:20 PM
by WullieD00 Go to last post
1 320
Cheapest way to get E4 by dr. mabuse
I'm moving and want pay TV, but all I really want is Sky One and E4. What's the cheapest package, whether Satellite or cable that'll get me my desires? - dr. mabuse ---------------------------------------------------------------- "I take a whiskey drink, I take a chocolate drink and when I have to pee I use the kitchen sink" - Homer Simpson
July 22nd 03 05:11 PM
by Dave Go to last post
1 271
Waitec DVD-X4 - DVD recorder for 200? by JPG
Has anyone seen this? Is it a DVD recorder? It's difficult to tell from the blurb. http://www.waitec.com/df-dvdx4.htm JPG
July 22nd 03 01:46 PM
by JPG Go to last post
3 297
Nebula Digitv - "Video/Audio In Mode" Problems by Darren Wilkinson
Same here. Just select mute in the DigiTV software. You will still be able to hear your audio fine. -- reply to chipsuar.chipsuarremove this at charitydays.co.uk "KoKee" wrote in message ... Hi Does anyone have sound probs when in video/audio in mode? the video is
July 22nd 03 12:27 PM
by Darren Wilkinson Go to last post
2 268
FV Box with twin scart by Tony Barrett
Can anyone recommend a freeview box (at a reasonable price I hope) with twin scarts that will allow RGB passthrough? I want to connect a DVD player to the SCART IN and SCART OUT to a TV. Cheers
July 22nd 03 09:55 AM
by Dave Go to last post
3 254
No Channel Cease Warnings Anymore? by Steve
Is it just me, or are the warnings about channels ceasing, still being sent? I have had nothing today.. Is anyone still getting them? Steve
July 22nd 03 09:50 AM
by Mike Dann Go to last post
5 285
TV Recommendation by SG
Hi all, I've just bought my first DVD player only to find that my 14-year-old TV has no scart plug, it's not stereo and it hasn't even got teletext. So I think its time for a new set. Can anyone recommend any magazines, websites etc where I can compare TV's within prices ranges? Many thanks Sam
July 22nd 03 01:47 AM
by R. Mark Clayton Go to last post
2 378
Rigger's diary - lightning by Wrightsaerials
Some people say unplug your aerial during lightning storms? Is there not a better (and safer!) solution? I've told this story before on here, but anyway - Years ago we had a customer who reached behind the telly to unplug the aerial just at the moment lightning hit the tree just down the road. She was thrown from the front of the house to the back, and was found unconscious under...
July 22nd 03 01:06 AM
by Wrightsaerials Go to last post
7 351
Widescreen by cat
I have just purchased a Panasonic widescreen TV. When I use the digital box through the TV with the 16:9 setting it fills the screen. However, in analogue mode there are black bars top and bottom. Why is this. Shouldn't 16:9 fill the screen on both settings. I have googled this but found nothing similar and appreciate it could be a faq but would like some advice from the experts
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 21st 03 10:46 PM
by Dom Robinson Go to last post
19 564
Choices for recording radio and FTA to PC? by Aztech
"Stephen" wrote in message 1. DVB-S or DVB-T? I am not sure which would give better bitrates etc. Which is recommended (given that I have a dish, spare LNB etc already)? The BBC radio services on both DVB-S and DVB-T come from the same coder, so it makes no difference, however I would go for DVB-s given that BBC TV is marginally better (BBC...
July 21st 03 07:10 PM
by Aztech Go to last post
0 267
Radios Wales & Cymru now on DTT Mux1 in Wales by Gladys Pugh
Having become totally bored by the TV programmes on offer I thought doing an Add Channels might be a bit more exciting. To say I nearly wet myself with all the excitement might just be an understatement :o( but yes I've discovered BBC Wales' two Radio stations now testing on Mux1 here in Wales. At the mo' they're on the (unassigned) channels 801 and 802 (but YMMV) no 'Info' and just a plain...
July 21st 03 01:19 PM
by Aztech Go to last post
5 345
Telewest Widescreen problems by Philip Rayne
My setup top box is configured to output 16:9. This works fine for a while - programs are correctly churned out in 16:9 and 4:3 formats where appropriate. Every now and then I will switch the TV on and a program that is supposed to be in 16:9 is being churned out in 4:3 format (and I don't mean its 16:9 squished into a 4:3 box). I have to go into the set top box settings and switch the output...
July 21st 03 07:21 AM
by Philip Rayne Go to last post
0 249
Kiss & Other Emap Stations Going on DSat by DAB sounds worse than FM
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds11381.html Kiss is 160kbps apparently, although it isn't carrying any audio yet. -- DAB sounds worse than FM, Freeview, Digital Satellite and Cable -- http://www.digitalradiotech.co.uk/ BBC DAB is a national disgrace
July 20th 03 10:49 PM
by DAB sounds worse than FM Go to last post
0 247
Post New Thread

Display Options
Showing threads 19301 to 19320 of 19484