Post New Thread
Pace Twin alternatives by KingStew
I am looking to buy a Pace Twin around beginning of August but am put off by the problems as stated in this group by Pace Twin users. I want the functionality of the Pace Twin but I also want it to work as its supposed too! So are there any alternatives already out or near to release that I should consider? Thanks for your help, and Pace Twin owners please keep posting about how the software...
July 25th 03 11:22 AM
by Willy-John Go to last post
2 274
How to recompress/convert a MPEG-2 file with TMPGenc by martin dibb
I have a need to recompress/convert an MPEG-2 file recorded in 16:9 ratio to 4:3. Is there a way to do it using TMPGenc plus? Up to now if I try to load an ..mpg file I get the message "Can not open or unsupported". Any help appreciated. Mart
July 25th 03 06:24 AM
by martin dibb Go to last post
4 431
Dear Marge by Wrightsaerials
Dear Marge, I'm into flagellation, necrophilia, and bestiality. Do you think I'm flogging a dead horse? Yours Worried, Yorkshire
July 25th 03 12:32 AM
by Dave Go to last post
1 242
Viewing of some channels will cease soon... new message by Stephen
Just noticed an updated message thst's popped up on screen in my second digibox using an old card. It reads: FOR YOUR INFORMATION 'Your viewing of some channels will soon cease, Please call 08702 430604' Mmmm looks like an updated version of the old message. This message appeared on Sky News this evening around 6.30 pm
July 25th 03 12:19 AM
by R. Mark Clayton Go to last post
1 243
Amstrad Digi box faulty by IOOA
I have a Amstrad Digibox DRX100 that keeps losing the " Lock" i.e. the signal quality goes to zero on the signal test, and clears after a two hour switch offits not the Lnb as other boxes work ok on the same cable ok What likely to be faulty and what/where can I get a replacement part -- There are 11 kinds of people who use Email , those who don't know binary, those who know binary and who...
July 24th 03 09:45 PM
by IOOA Go to last post
0 253
freeview reception by john
I just checked the coverage detail for my area on dtg.org.uk, and although I maybe have to reposition my aerial (Transmitter choices are Mendips or Oxford), many channels are still not available (specifically BBC four and BBC radio 6. Is it just a case of waiting until these channels are available on local transmitters? Is there anywhere I can check when this is likely to change? Also various...
July 24th 03 03:16 PM
by john Go to last post
4 404
Lightning and aerials - LONG POST by M. J. Powell
In message , Les Hellawell writes Sorry if you think this a bit long but I think lightning is an interesting subject and, as it involes TV aerials relevant to the newsgroup. "Les Hellawell" wrote in message news:... "M. J. Powell" wrote in message In...
July 24th 03 03:03 PM
by M. J. Powell Go to last post
0 350
White Anglo-Saxon Protestants by Wrightsaerials
Yesterday Albert said, "I know you keep hitting the loganberrys when you think no-one's watching. Well, just look out for the wasps." Today I came home, climbed wearly out of the van and drifted across to the seductive loganberry area. Without looking I popped the first firm luscious fruit into my quivering receptive mouth. I was immediately aware that the loganberry was furry and was wriggling....
July 24th 03 01:47 PM
by Java Jive Go to last post
4 374
DEC 1000 by Mat Overton
Any reason to get a Dec 1000? Considering the price and limitations compared to a normal digy box, what's the point?
July 24th 03 08:15 AM
by Dave Fawthrop Go to last post
1 270
Remote Control by Peter Glover
Hi I am trying to set up a oneforall remote control URC-8550 any one know if they have a web site, or any info on this unit. Cheers Pete p.s. Apologies if this is the wrong newsgroup
July 23rd 03 11:28 PM
by Peter Glover Go to last post
3 299
The politics of DTT by David Robinson
This is a year old, but much of it is still relevant: http://www.opendemocracy.net/debates/article-8-41-21.jsp Cheers, David.
July 23rd 03 10:15 PM
by Stephen Go to last post
2 279
Phantom Pvr by Badlad
Are the Phantom Pvr Sky Box adaptors any good do they really work , any 1 out there got 1 do they recomend it .
July 23rd 03 06:25 PM
by Badlad Go to last post
5 335
Freeview Reception in Chatham, Kent by Paul Marsh
If your aerial is looking at Bluebell Hill your chances of success are high; the relay station on the Great Lines does not carry DTTV. I don't know what the signal strength from Crystal Palace is like around here, and you may also have noticed some aerials pointing at Dover and Sudbury. Paul "Rob" wrote in message
July 23rd 03 06:08 PM
by Dave Go to last post
3 783
itv, ch4 ch5 gone??? by Mike CJ
Neo-Reloaded wrote in message ... i cant seem to get itv, ch4 and ch5 for the last hour. message says insert ur card. iam using ftv card, the new card got it in Feb this year. whats goin on ???????/ Try removing the card, cleaning the contacts with a tissue moistened with isopropyl alcohol or meths (DON'T use dry cleaning fluid or you may...
July 23rd 03 03:53 PM
by K Go to last post
3 272
Sky Digital FTV by Matt
Hi, Friend of mine just moved house and bought his old digital box with him. We connected it up to the dish on his new house and got all the channel info downloaded. Unfortunately the only channels that would allow us view were BBC 1 & BBC 2, all the others said please insert card. Trouble is the card seems to have got lost in the move and I thought that Sky would allow him to use the FTV...
July 23rd 03 03:01 PM
by Matt Go to last post
1 281
ITV, CH4 , CH5 gone????? by Bill Bennett
tried cleaning your card? -- I'm Bill... and I sell stuff at www.daio.co.uk Neo-Reloaded wrote in message ... i cant seem to get itv, ch4 and ch5 for the last hour. message says insert ur card. iam using ftv card, the new card got it in Feb this year. whats goin on ???????/
July 23rd 03 12:57 PM
by Bill Bennett Go to last post
0 250
will Philips DVD recorder control telewest cable box? by keith
I have telewest digital TV, supplied on a PACE di4000 digital cable box. But there's no way to switch channels for timed recordings. However , the Philips do DVD recorders, where the manual talks of using something called guide+ or guide plus , and an IR blaster to control a cable box. Has anyone done this and can confirm it's possible? (I'm a bit sceptical about how the philips manual says...
July 23rd 03 11:43 AM
by James Covey-Crump Go to last post
8 1,472
Dead Ringers by David van Kemenade
Hi, I've made the grave mistake of unintentionally deleting the first episode from the current series of Dead Ringers (TX BBC2 7/7, rpt. 13/7) from my hard disk. Is there anyone who happens to have a digital recording of this and who is happy for me to have a copy of it? Thanks, David
July 23rd 03 11:32 AM
by David van Kemenade Go to last post
0 262
Samsung SIRU2001 freeview box by Nas
Just got myself one a few days ago from www.Unbeatable.co.uk for about 80 (incl. postage). Compact & sleek looks, good translucent menu system. Very fast channel changes and has yet to freeze up on me.
July 23rd 03 10:30 AM
by Robert Watts Go to last post
3 338
Pace Twin freezes by Roger Wilmut
Apart from the failed recordings problem (which seems better if the box is on at the start of the recording) I have identified three specific types of freeze. Oddly, these seem limited to the BBC channels. Type 1: the picture freezes for about 1 second then runs rapidly through the missing second to catch up. Quality remains the same. Sound unaffected. Type 2: Picture jumps ahead about 1...
July 23rd 03 09:42 AM
by Roger Wilmut Go to last post
0 249
Post New Thread