Post New Thread
Minimum PC system for PVR ? by jimmy james
On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 12:31:31 +0100, JPG wrote: To construct a PVR using a PC, what would be the minimum spec? Can a PC DVD writer record analogue or digital TV on the fly? Is it worth using the Freeview Hauppage units? Would I have to have PC graphics with TV out or does the Hauppage unit feed back via USB2.0? TIA
August 2nd 03 12:26 AM
by jimmy james Go to last post
3 262
technical: ghosting on freeview by Default
What's the consensus regarding ghosting on freeview? Do you all notice it? I use the Nova-T adaptor to watch TV on my PC. I used to have a TFT (actually tried several with 25ms response times), but the results weren't always impressive, gave too many giddy feelings while in fast motion sequences. I since switched to a CRT (~370MHz pixel rate, a very fast response rate) to remedy this, but I...
August 2nd 03 12:23 AM
by Default Go to last post
0 160
Channel Five not FTA by Mat Overton
We have a few distribution systems that use satellite for Channel Five (I'm not going to call it 'five' because I think it's ignorant not to use initial capitals). Anyway, they are now faced with paying 12.60 a month just for this channel. Most of them are narked about it and have asked me to put the receiver on a FTA channel instead. So Channel Five have lost a lot of...
August 1st 03 07:41 PM
by Mat Overton Go to last post
0 134
Channel Five not FTA by Wrightsaerials
If it's a multi-occupancy block, perhaps they'd be happy to pay a few bob each towards it. These people are (a) elderly, and (b) Yorkshire. They can't see why they should pay anything for a free channel. Bill
August 1st 03 07:18 PM
by Some bloke Go to last post
4 154
VCR suddenly records widescreen off Panasonic STB with Sky Digital by Martin Underwood
"Tim Brookshaw" wrote in message ... Always, when recording wide screen on my VCR I get the typical 'horizontal squash' anamorphic effect on the VCR, so have to adjust the TV to widescreen manually on playback. No big deal - I guess it's this way for everybody. This is how it's always been for me: the...
August 1st 03 04:27 PM
by Martin Underwood Go to last post
0 160
Minimum PC system for PVR ? by Darren Wilkinson
-- reply to chipsuar.chipsuarremove this at charitydays.co.uk "JPG" wrote in message ... To construct a PVR using a PC, what would be the minimum spec? Can a PC DVD writer record analogue or digital TV on the fly? Is it worth using the Freeview Hauppage units? Would I have to have PC graphics with TV out or does the...
August 1st 03 04:19 PM
by Darren Wilkinson Go to last post
0 168
Melbourne by JPG
On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 19:05:51 +1000, "Dom Spencer \(N e-site\)" wrote: The equipment you need http://www.all-areas-antennas.com.au/ No thanks - I don't want a 1000 air fare added to the usual 45 an hour aerial erector rate.
August 1st 03 01:39 PM
by JPG Go to last post
0 178
New downlead cabling - advice please.... by Mark Carver
Andy Sinclair wrote: I've been in the roof of Winchester cathedral, you could fit a pretty big aerial in there. I'm told that ILR station Star FM in Ely Cambs, have their transmitting aerial *inside* the roof of Ely cathedral.
August 1st 03 09:13 AM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
2 139
Channel Five not FTA by Aztech
"Wrightsaerials" wrote in message ... Can you not invoke the god of Freeview to see if he will take pity on them? The god of Freeview's writ does not run in some parts of Sheffield. In that case you must leave the heathens to their fate. Az.
August 1st 03 03:04 AM
by Wrightsaerials Go to last post
1 135
BBC101 CHANNEL by Badlad
How come I have now BBC1 WM on 101 program channel , when I am in the EM Nottingham area, albeit I can get EM NO on channel 950, but surely BBC101 should show EM not WM anyone any ideas please !
August 1st 03 01:54 AM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
8 324
English/Scottish TV... by user0
Hi all, I'm new to this group, so excuse me if this is a simpe question (I'm also new to digi tv stuff, and I have searched for answers, but a lot of it didn't mean much to me). I have an ordinary TV, and an ordinary aeriel, plugged into a digi receiver. I get the free view channels on the receiver. I would like, if possible, to receive England's BBC channels (I live in Scotland), but have been...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 31st 03 11:22 PM
by Rod P Go to last post
17 591
Best Freeview box - advice sought by Laurence Taylor
Scott wrote: Apologies if this question has been asked already but my searching activity did not come up with anything. I'm looking for a Freeview decoder for a present. Would you suggest Thomson, Grundig or Pace? I've heard that the Pace has a tendency to become very hot. The idea of buying a British product has some appeal - Thomson or Grundig?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 31st 03 10:47 PM
by Scott Go to last post
13 530
Channel Five not FTA by Anthony Thomas
I've had to do the same, TCM has been quite popular. Tony "Wrightsaerials" wrote in message ... We have a few distribution systems that use satellite for Channel Five (I'm not going to call it 'five' because I think it's ignorant not to use initial capitals). Anyway, they are now faced with paying 12.60 a...
July 31st 03 09:34 PM
by Anthony Thomas Go to last post
0 139
Minimum PC system for PVR ? by Darren Wilkinson
-- reply to chipsuar.chipsuarremove this at charitydays.co.uk "JPG" wrote in message ... To construct a PVR using a PC, what would be the minimum spec? Can a PC DVD writer record analogue or digital TV on the fly? Is it worth using the Freeview Hauppage units? Would I have to have PC graphics with TV out or does the...
July 31st 03 08:00 PM
by Darren Wilkinson Go to last post
0 131
Channel Five not FTA by Wrightsaerials
Are these systems out of area for DTTV/analogue? Yes. Bill
July 31st 03 07:36 PM
by Wrightsaerials Go to last post
0 131
Minimum PC system for PVR ? by [email protected]
Keith Bailey wrote: As regards PC muscle a 2Gb P4 or Celeron is probably adequate provided you give it plenty of RAM AND DON'T TRY TO DO ANYTHING ELSE WHILST IT'S RECORDING. I've got an 800 MHz Athlon with 256 MB RAM and a 120 GB hard disk. It runs Debian GNU/Linux, along with the Linux DVB drivers. The 'VDR' (Video Disk Recorder) application works a treat. ...
July 31st 03 06:56 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 104
New downlead cabling - advice please.... by harrogate
"Jonathan Buzzard" wrote in message ... In article , (Wrightsaerials) writes: As I said, you can't compensate for the disadvantages of a loft installation by using a bigger aerial. What are these disadvantages that cannot be compensated...
July 31st 03 12:43 PM
by Tim Mitchell Go to last post
2 157
Freeview 7 day listings by Dave
"John P" wrote in message ... "The Equalizer" wrote in message ... does anyone know when Freeview will start to broadcast a 7 day EPG. I have just brought the Pace Twin Tuner and am a bit p****d that i have to revert to typing in the...
July 31st 03 10:18 AM
by Dave Go to last post
0 122
Aerial Suitability - block of flats by Wrightsaerials
It's unlikely that a system serving only 6 outlets would have channel filters. Bill
July 31st 03 02:19 AM
by Wrightsaerials Go to last post
0 158
No EPG listings by bIOforger
Is it me or have the EPG listings been unavailable at this hour for the last 2 days or so on sky+ digi? and why? a reboot fixes, but its a pain in the arse to do this everytime it happens. I noticed this on a regular basis on normal digi sometimes to. Is there some monkey somewhere who has to update em at funny hours and isnt doing it atm? heh -- ~Regards~ bIO Some people have a way with
July 31st 03 02:10 AM
by bIOforger Go to last post
0 159
Post New Thread