Post New Thread
Update on FTV/FTA Sky Channels by Wolfpeltz
Recently, I have been getting messages that I will shortly be losing various channels, and to ring 08702-430604. Pure laziness.......I suppose I will get round to it when it happens, and I have not really paid any attention as to which they are, anyway. I have the BBC FTV card, and am not a SKY subscriber. "Simon Gardner" wrote in...
August 3rd 03 09:54 PM
by Wolfpeltz Go to last post
0 158
Nebula DigiTV by Neil Deadman
Wheres the best place to buy one? Is it only sold from themselves?
August 3rd 03 09:47 PM
by Jaime Go to last post
1 174
Which pci card by jolly green giant
Using a PC Sat card won't get you free-to-view channels (ie itv, C4 or five) only free-to-air ones so that is definately something to consider. For a list of FTA sat channels see; http://www.wickonline.com/fta.htm A Hauppauge Nova for Sat is about 60 but the software functionality is very poor. see www.hauppauge.co.uk
August 3rd 03 05:05 PM
by Nozza Go to last post
3 164
technical: ghosting on freeview by Clem Dye
Default wrote: What's the consensus regarding ghosting on freeview? Do you all notice it? I use the Nova-T adaptor to watch TV on my PC. I used to have a TFT (actually tried several with 25ms response times), but the results weren't always impressive, gave too many giddy feelings while in fast motion sequences. I since switched to a CRT (~370MHz pixel rate, a very fast response...
August 3rd 03 04:02 PM
by Default Go to last post
1 168
technical: ghosting on freeview by Stephen Neal
On 2/8/03 12:06 am, in article , "Default" wrote: What's the consensus regarding ghosting on freeview? Do you all notice it? I use the Nova-T adaptor to watch TV on my PC. I used to have a TFT (actually tried several with 25ms response times), but the results weren't always impressive, gave too many giddy feelings while in fast...
August 3rd 03 04:00 PM
by Default Go to last post
3 185
Remote control does not turn Panasonic TV on when (Panny) VCR timed by R. Mark Clayton
"Michael Webster" wrote in message ... VCR is NV-HS870B TV is TX-28PS12 When I have timed VCR (through VCR r/c) with TV on (by TV r/c), later turned TV off (by TV r/c)and then maybe days later try to turn on TV with its remote, it fails to turn on even though the light flickers. This results
August 3rd 03 02:16 PM
by R. Mark Clayton Go to last post
0 129
Pace Twin Software by Malcolm (itsonlyme)
On 3-Aug-2003, Roger Wilmut wrote: Pace have just updated their web page with the following Twin Digital TV Recorder Software Download The proposed download on the 4th-6th August has now been re-scheduled, sorry for any inconvenience.
August 3rd 03 11:48 AM
by Malcolm (itsonlyme) Go to last post
0 140
SetPal - tentative thumbs up by harrogate
"Alan" wrote in message ... In message , Staiger wrote A very short trial, admittedly. I'll keep you informed of its performance as time passes and the weather changes.
August 3rd 03 09:53 AM
by harrogate Go to last post
2 147
Replacing a DEC2000-T by Neil Deadman
I've finally had enough of this product messing my viewing around and have decided to replace it. Are there any boxes that combine PC & TV usage like this box does? Are they any good? If the answers to the questions above is no then I will probably go for the highly rated Nebula Electronics DigiTV PCI Card for my PC. As both the PC and TV are in the same room will I experience any...
August 2nd 03 11:02 PM
by Darren Wilkinson Go to last post
1 164
'Analogue' is the new 'Digital' by Steve
Analogue is the new digital. Its official !! The main benefits of the 'analogue tv system' are as follows: All the main five terrestrial channels are available free without silly plastic cards, and forced subscription (on top of the license fee) Near blanket coverage, so none of the reception problems associated with digital, even on portable systems (handheld receivers etc) Better picture...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 2nd 03 10:13 PM
by Charlie Pearce Go to last post
37 1,217
SetPal - tentative thumbs up by Staiger
Setpal are re-transmitting the upgrade number 65 until 4th August. Yep, got it, thanks. Staiger
August 2nd 03 07:32 PM
by Staiger Go to last post
0 137
pace twin and RGB by The Equalizer
I currently have sky digital. However i have had to cancel my subscription due to redundancy. I am therefore looking at the Pace twin tuner. If was to connect the TV scart output of the digibox to the scart 2 on the Pace twin tuner would it pass the RGB through the box and out of Scart 1?
August 2nd 03 07:17 PM
by Martin Imber Go to last post
4 296
O/T Pronounciation Question by Andrew @ Home
Its pronounced as a V i.e. VEGA, German origin as I remember from what was @ the time the brightest visible light source outside our galaxy. Someone's bright idea. Lettuce Prey
August 2nd 03 07:17 PM
by Martin Imber Go to last post
6 145
Any news on ITV reception? by David
"Staiger" wrote in message ... You might like to read my experiences with SetPal re. poor reception. Meanwhile, ITV and C4 are MUCH poorer signals than the BBC and Five channels. Does anyone know if/when this situation will be resolved? And, in fact, why ITV and C4 are so much worse? They are broadcast on the old...
August 2nd 03 05:40 PM
by David Go to last post
0 150
DEC2000-T & Recording Problems by Neil Deadman
Firstly, let me say to anyone thinking of buying this product....DON'T!!! I'm going to replace mine!!! The idea behind the product (i.e. being able to record to your PC and use it to watch on both PC & TV) is great. That's why I bought it. I'm now suffering too many problems. I am getting problems with the box keep freezing and now the reason for my posting....I can't record...
August 2nd 03 05:23 PM
by Neil Deadman Go to last post
0 116
Melbourne by tvbug
"Dom Spencer (N e-site)" wrote in message ... The equipment you need http://www.all-areas-antennas.com.au/ Yeah bit over the top as we don't use VHF bands 1 & 3 un like aus. Also combined VHF and UHF aerials have always had very poor gain.
August 2nd 03 03:29 PM
by tvbug Go to last post
0 163
VCR suddenly records widescreen off Panasonic STB with Sky Digital by Tim Brookshaw
On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 16:50:12 +0100, Rob Randall wrote: On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 15:51:53 +0100, Tim Brookshaw wrote: Imagine my surprise when the TV showed widescreen on the VCR feed to the TV.
August 2nd 03 01:21 PM
by Tim Brookshaw Go to last post
0 148
VCR suddenly records widescreen off Panasonic STB with Sky Digital by Martin Underwood
"Rob Randall" wrote in message ... On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 15:51:53 +0100, Tim Brookshaw wrote: Imagine my surprise when the TV showed widescreen on the VCR feed to the TV. The VCR is only recording the Widescreen signal because it has been
August 2nd 03 01:15 PM
by Martin Underwood Go to last post
0 141
Channel Five not FTA by Robin Nixon
When I was in LA a few years back I happily paid an extra $6.99 (If I correctly recall the amount) with my Dish Networks sub in order to receive a bouquet of local stations. The picture quality was clearer and I could also receive a couple of channels I couldn't pick up terrestrially. That Alpha Punjabi sub is similarly priced and if that channel can make a profit selling such a sub that also...
August 2nd 03 10:04 AM
by Robin Nixon Go to last post
0 136
Hannington power upgrades? by no
Does anybody know if/when Hannington is due any power upgrades? I'm in Caversham (north of Reading) and DTT reception is a little flaky, even with a new aerial, new cabling and a booster. I get a decent enough analogue signal from Hannington but regular break-ups (especially on the QAM64 muxes) using digital. I'm using a Nebula DigiTV PCI which reports a signal strength of around 71%, with an...
August 2nd 03 09:55 AM
by sbavin Go to last post
4 439
Post New Thread