Post New Thread
ONDIGITAL HELP !! by Cecil Robert Bradshaw
I have recently acquired an old toshiba ondigital receiver. I have performed the usual channel setup and most channels are working fine. However i cant receive BBC interactive, BBC Parliament, Teletext or "free2play" . Does the box need updating to cope with these interactive services?? I do not have any smartcard in the slot. Any help would be much appreciated . Thanks Adrian
August 9th 03 05:45 PM
by HJK Go to last post
3 245
Will Freeview lose ITV1 and Channel 5? by Clive
Is freeview about to lose ITV1 and Channel 5. According to my local evening paper this is about to happen to freeview users - however I previously understood that this would only affect people who used sky without a subscription can anyone clarify?
August 9th 03 04:30 PM
by Mike GW8IJT Go to last post
2 159
Sky win Premier Football rights again! by John Russell
In all the euphoria on the TV one thing was nver mentioned. How much is this going to cost sky sports subscribers? It'a about time this was looked in to. In other matters the OFT considers the purpose of competition is about driving prices down for the end customer. It's as if it would be acceptable in all other areas to have competition at the "wholesale" stage driving prices up, these price...
August 9th 03 02:42 PM
by John Russell Go to last post
3 161
Rigger's Diary (hoist by a polyurathane petard) by R. Mark Clayton
"Wrightsaerials" wrote in message ... What an idiot! Comments? Bill Sounds like the time I tried to repair the air spring on my office chair. It stopped going up so I took the seat off and fiddled around with the
August 9th 03 02:10 PM
by R. Mark Clayton Go to last post
0 147
BBC/Sky FTA mess gets worse by Dave
David writes Tells us what we know allready in the main, but there is one paragraph that as further up set me. It says from 29th July I will get my local region of BBC1 at 101, but this will be for a short period only. It will revert BACK to London region and then I have to choose from the EPG list 941 to 958. Could you quote precisely what that paragraph...
August 9th 03 01:49 PM
by Dave Go to last post
2 209
Rigger's Diary (hoist by a polyurathane petard) by Dom Robinson
In article , says... New bin man What an idiot! Comments? Will he pay for a new monitor for me too? Mine's covered in the tea I just tried to drink :) -- Dom Robinson Gamertag: DVDfever email: dom at dvdfever dot co dot uk
August 9th 03 01:24 PM
by Ross Go to last post
1 166
Riggers Diary (immitation) by Mike GW8IJT
"Dave Fawthrop" wrote in message ... I got a new TV for my daughter, but it was too big for her room, so we passed it on to my sister, with the DTT set top box. The Retirement flats she lives in have a nice new DTT aerial and amplifiers, so no problems. I showed her how to work it (twice). Now I hear she...
August 9th 03 12:16 PM
by Dave Fawthrop Go to last post
1 160
hauppage dec2000t aspect ratio by Zlatan
Does anyone know how to fix the aspect ratio problem on the DEC2000-t? 16:9 pictures on BBC1 are displayed in 4:3 for some reason. Cheers.
August 9th 03 11:29 AM
by Zlatan Go to last post
2 182
Recommendations on Set-top boxes by Tex
"Roger" wrote in message ... Anyone know of a roundup / review of current STBs? Can't find anything anywhere. Should I wait for next generation? Or buy a cheap one now? Or wait for more integrated TVs to come along and hence have one less bit of kit? Roger Theres a great look at the Panasonic TU-CT20 he
August 9th 03 11:00 AM
by Tex Go to last post
0 133
Rigger's Diary (hoist by a polyurathane petard) by QrizB
On 09 Aug 2003 01:26:15 GMT, (Wrightsaerials) wrote: What an idiot! Comments? You really shouldn't make me laugh this hard at this time of day ... -- QrizB
August 9th 03 07:44 AM
by QrizB Go to last post
0 138
Rogers Diary ! by John
Roger I enjoyed the stories . Such a story teller . If you ever give up the high life you could write for a living ! I would not mind having you as my aerial man , John
August 9th 03 07:00 AM
by John Go to last post
0 215
Rigger's Diary (hot enough to boil a monkey's bum) by Wrightsaerials
It wasn't too bad first thing this morning. Only 25C. After the last few days it was quite refreshing. I called briefly at a job where the roof is surfaced with live heather (I kid you not) then went on to meet a lady journalist who has a professional need for digital TV but couldn't receive it. She lives in a block where we installed a new system three years ago, so I was puzzled. The complaint...
August 9th 03 02:52 AM
by Wrightsaerials Go to last post
0 163
newbie question on hauppauge by viewer
Just got hold of a PVR 250 from PCworld on approval since this particular package was already opened and rejected by a previous customer. My initial impression is unfavourable though this probably has more to do with a less-than-perfect signal in this area but I'm also not happy that the package comes with bits and bobs that I don't need and will presumably have inflated the price e.g. I don't...
August 9th 03 12:50 AM
by Darren Wilkinson Go to last post
4 195
BBC "Interactive" channels on Astra by David Quinton
I've found the BBC1 & 2 channels on Astra. Where is the "Interactive" stuff (and I use the word in its loosest, BBC sense)? I'm after the equivalent of DTT 701 and 702. Thanks. -- Games, Gizmos, Gifts and Toys from 'I want one of those' http://www.bizorg.co.uk/shopping/
August 8th 03 10:43 PM
by Charlie Pearce Go to last post
2 255
cheapest freeview box by WullieD00
"Clive" wrote in message ... any idea who has the cheapest freeview box (excluding ebay!) best ive seen is 68 for a grundig box from currys? can anyone beat this? Makro have Bush boxes for 49 (57.57)
August 8th 03 07:03 PM
by WullieD00 Go to last post
0 160
Stupid question what does Solus stand for? by D Mac
I know *what* they are - but what does Solus stand for?
August 8th 03 06:25 PM
by Tim Brookshaw Go to last post
3 212
Hauppauge DEC1000-t power requirements by Dave Fawthrop
What is the 12v watts/amps requirement for DEC1000? I have this for use in the caravan on 12V, and am having problems with voltage drop between the battery and the TV/STB. Has anyone measured the power/amps required by this box when using a 12V power supply? The adaptor says 0.62 amps but I would like a real measurement. I stripped the electrics on the van and then looked at the reference...
August 8th 03 10:22 AM
by Dave Fawthrop Go to last post
0 145
Cheapest Setpal box by Paul Ockenden
Anyone know what's the best deal ay the moment? Best I've found so far is 90 for a Daewoo at Argos. P.
August 8th 03 08:19 AM
by David Go to last post
4 200
Nebula tv card VS Wintv nova-t by David van Kemenade
Hi DJkus, I've got both Nova-T and Nebula cards. As Darren pointed out, Nebula software is maintained very well and it provides extra functions like recording whole mux, subtitling, digital text etc. On the downside, I've found that the Nebula seems to struggle a bit more in a lower-spec PC, even while recording in quiet mode. I've got my Nova-T working fine in a low-spec PC. The v2.15 software...
August 8th 03 07:09 AM
by DJkus Go to last post
1 167
Digital TV from relay transmitters by Niall
On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 14:26:15 GMT, "Some bloke" wrote: There are some DTT relays, but nowhere near the vast number of analogue relays. DTT is gradually making us all swing our aerials around to the main transmitter sites. I would have thought that at the time of analogue switch
August 8th 03 12:18 AM
by Wrightsaerials Go to last post
4 375
Post New Thread