Post New Thread
Q: Returning Pace Twin by Rod
Before I approach Argos and get fobbed off with some excuse for why I cant return my Twin can anybody suggest why I shouldn't be entitled to a full refund. I purchased my first Twin in early May and subsequently returned it just two weeks later believing it to be faulty. I received a full refund yet against my better judgement I purchased another the following week. Since then and despite...
July 28th 03 02:51 PM
by Coolfoolnthepool Go to last post
2 266
Pointing the dish by Coolfoolnthepool
Dear Internet User, Hey, I'm 15 years old and I make more money than my parents and so can you" Turn $6.00 into $60,000...read this to find out how!!! READING THIS COULD CHANGE YOUR LIFE! I found this on a bulletin board like this one and decided to try it. Some of you have probably seen me post on here before. A little while back, I was browsing through several newsgroups, just like you are...
July 28th 03 02:50 PM
by Coolfoolnthepool Go to last post
0 254
Recording problem from Freeview by Coolfoolnthepool
Dear Internet User, Hey, I'm 15 years old and I make more money than my parents and so can you" Turn $6.00 into $60,000...read this to find out how!!! READING THIS COULD CHANGE YOUR LIFE! I found this on a bulletin board like this one and decided to try it. Some of you have probably seen me post on here before. A little while back, I was browsing through several newsgroups, just like you are...
July 28th 03 02:50 PM
by Coolfoolnthepool Go to last post
0 257
Pointing the dish by HJK
"Alan Baker" wrote in message ... I am trying to install Sky equipment myself. Can somebody please tell me the compass bearing and elevation for pointing the dish. I am in Horfield which is in north central Bristol. Thank you.
July 28th 03 02:20 PM
by HJK Go to last post
0 253
nanoMPEG editor by Ronald Marlowe
"DK" wrote Would it be better to PVAstrumento the original 2.5GB file from hauppage before I split it ? Yes, Yes, Yes! Use the latest version of PVAS - v.2.0.30 - some recent versions have difficulty handling some Freeview streams - select "make PS" and use all the default settings except two: select a Packet Size of 2048 Bytes, and, under the "Video" tab, select "do...
July 28th 03 09:48 AM
by Ronald Marlowe Go to last post
2 380
Progressive Scan DVD Players by ben
Keith Bailey wrote: I have read the really good explanation of progressive scanning at http://www.hometheaterhifi.com & I can see that it has significant advantages for NTSC which uses 3:2 pull down to display 24fps film on a 60 field display. I'm not so sure that there is as much improvement for PAL which uses 2:2 pull down & so just needs to interpolate the two fields into...
July 27th 03 11:50 PM
by ben Go to last post
2 315
Hauppauge DeC2000-T support by JimmyEatWorms
I have noticed that hauppauge no longer list this piece of crap on their site. Does this mean they no longer support it? Mine has just died as the remote no longer works and it is not detected by my PC any more. I'm bloody annoyed that I bought this thing but it's still the only product to work on SCART and USB :-(
July 27th 03 11:30 PM
by Alan Go to last post
2 305
Progressive Scan DVD Players by Stephen Neal
On 27/7/03 3:38 pm, in article , "Keith Bailey" wrote: I have read the really good explanation of progressive scanning at http://www.hometheaterhifi.com & I can see that it has significant advantages for NTSC which uses 3:2 pull down to display 24fps film on a 60 field display. Yep - there are huge advantages to removing the...
July 27th 03 11:23 PM
by Stephen Neal Go to last post
0 242
Best Freeview box - advice sought by Alan
In message , Orange wrote "Hoppy Mail" reply via group wrote in message ... They all do the same job, and some boxes are only just becoming stable with the software updates. I have a Pace dtva, and it does what it says on the box, mheg is really fast
July 27th 03 09:28 PM
by Alan Go to last post
0 238
Nokia Mediamaster 9600S memory problem by chris L
This receiver used to work OK until loaded with additional Astra channels. now it regularly shows err 5 (= memory problem) and does complete system re-boot every 50s regardless of channel. There should be a memory re-fresh function (go to standby and press up+down front pannel buttons together until 'reset'displayed then remove power) but this doesn't happen, there is some sort of internal reset...
July 27th 03 05:24 PM
by Steve Go to last post
1 279
Lightning and aerials - LONG POST by Duncan Ross
Interesting post - if I can add a few points; Lightning ground strikes occur when the potential difference between the cloud and earth is allowed to build up to such a voltage that the resistance of the air breaks down and the air is ionised. To do this you need lots of volts just to get there and enough power (volts x amps) to actually get the work done. When this happens the resistance of air...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 27th 03 02:27 PM
by Les Hellawell Go to last post
13 720
Channel 5 starts big switch off by John Russell
"David Richardson" wrote in message ... (But it does indicate that if C5 has been taking their analogue transmitter feed directly off the D-SAT signal, they'll have to do something to sort it quickly!) Yes, it was from Satellite, further, they did it again this week, the people at Sandy will have to pay a SKY...
July 27th 03 11:24 AM
by Ted Richardson Go to last post
1 289
Pace Twin Glitches by Java Jive
I'm still having a number of problems with my Pace Twin, do these sound familiar to anyone else? 1) Freezing, as well described in Roger Wilmut's thread "Pace Twin freezes". 2) Missed recordings as already described in great detail here. I agree with ideas about disk space/fgragmentation being the most common culprit. 3) Lock up when using the remote, requiring power cycling to regain...
July 27th 03 08:52 AM
by Stradling, Ed Go to last post
4 381
One For All - Pace Twin by Rod
For those wanting a set up code for their One For All remote please follow below received email. The code is now at our offices in the U.K.. Our Upgrade & Exchange Office in the UK must do this service because they have the necessary computer software. This is free of charge (excluding postage). Please send your One For All (without the batteries and without the manual) to the following address...
July 27th 03 01:08 AM
by Colin Go to last post
3 465
nebula by Darren Wilkinson
You could drag the files onto the DigiTV shortcut icon. Nebula's media player is the same executable as the main tv app so it still tries to detect a pci/usb device tho. -- reply to chipsuar.chipsuarremove this at charitydays.co.uk "bev" wrote in message ... hi..i want to watch my recorded tv programmes through nebula's media ...
July 26th 03 11:13 PM
by Darren Wilkinson Go to last post
0 288
Nokia 9850T Software by Peter Geddes
Is there anyway to update the software in the Nokia MediaMaster 9850T? It's an older OnDigital box. Thanks Peter Geddes -- All incoming and outgoing emails & files scanned by Norton AntiVirus 2003
July 26th 03 09:58 PM
by Brian McIlwrath Go to last post
7 577
Freeview - Break up because of too strong a signal by De
Is it possible that I could get picture breakup because the signal is too strong? My aunt has lived in the same house for 3 years now and finally we decided it was time to do something about her arwful TV reception and bring her into the digital age with Freeview. Anyway withthe standard antenna the signal was too weak - so we went in the loft and changed it for a nice new 18 element antenna...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 26th 03 01:08 PM
by Clem Dye Go to last post
17 707
Nokia remote control help by Jas
Help I need to buy a new remote for a Nokia dtt box ( the original one). Where can I buy one. Do the one for all types work with it? Thanks in advance
July 25th 03 09:11 PM
by Jas Go to last post
0 249
English/Scottish TV... by Duncan Ross
Fed up with River City already..?
July 25th 03 01:09 PM
by Duncan Ross Go to last post
0 274
Winterhill East or west?? by Gordon
I live in south Cumbria so am I receiving E or W signals from winter hill, I need to know which band aerial to be buying to receive all the mux's Cheers -- See ya Gordon To reply take 'the_dog' out. Anti spam measures in force
July 25th 03 11:30 AM
by M. J. Powell Go to last post
8 399
Post New Thread