Post New Thread
Pace DTVA by BillR
Dave Gibson wrote: Argos are currently selling the Pace DTVA for 69.99. As I already have one and am extremely pleased with it, I thought I would take advantage of the price and buy another for the bedroom TV. On getting it home I was surprised to find its the new model which sports an additional RF out on the combo connector. Yep, they have included a modulator which can be...
August 11th 03 09:10 PM
by BillR Go to last post
0 146
Sub titles by David
Do Freeview do sub titles? -- Regards, David Please reply to News Group.
August 11th 03 04:31 PM
by Stuart Go to last post
8 199
WTB: Sky Issue 2 Viewing card for the UK. by biscuit
Looking for the above. Must be cheap and active for FTV channels only. Ta B remove NOSPAM to email me direct.
August 11th 03 01:11 PM
by biscuit Go to last post
0 217
What's happened to Ch 5? by Mike O'Sullivan
All weekend, Channel 5 on Freeview has been absent. Just the dreaded red dot. Is this confined to the Guildford transmitter or is it national? All other channels are present.
August 11th 03 12:14 PM
by Stan Medcraft Go to last post
7 234
The BBC Regions and those abbreviations by Chris Vowles
BBC Regions and abbreviations on Sky Digital platform, there are some corkers, the best one has to be BBC 1 EYks&L, no wonder they have left some of the DOGs on for now (BBC say they will remove them after "testing") http://www.vowles-home.demon.co.uk/Sat/bbcregions.htm#regions Chris
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 11th 03 08:32 AM
by Jomtien Go to last post
37 797
Not receiving some channels by Stu
Following the bad lightning storms yesterday in the midlands, I can no longer receive a bunch of channels (numbers 630, 631, 632...... about nine in total). We were not wathching Sky during the storms so i couldn't say which channel it was tuned to during the storms. All other channels work fine and the storms have gone so it is not due to a cloudy sky impeding the signal. The power did go off...
August 11th 03 07:29 AM
by Stu Go to last post
0 205
10:30pm on Saturday, No BBC Channels on Astra 2D? by Helpful Bod
Hi, Just finished work so thought I'd sit down and watch "The Beach" on BBC1. I live in Kent and during the summer, my analogue channels are wiped out by French/Dutch/Belgium channels. So I switch to digital, which is also wiped because of the above. So then try satellite and all my BBC channels have gone as well as ITV1/2?
August 10th 03 10:35 PM
by Les Hellawell Go to last post
9 255
!2v Freeview by TerryM
"David" wrote in message ... Are there any Freeview boxes/adaptors for caravans? -- Regards, David Please reply to News Group.
August 10th 03 10:26 PM
by Dave Fawthrop Go to last post
4 228
Rigger's Diary (hoist by a polyurathane petard) by Chris p
Wrightsaerials wrote: Snip Pant wetting hilartiy Bill You sir have re kindled my idea for an Amusing Anecdotes database :-)
August 10th 03 09:57 PM
by Orange Go to last post
4 171
help with Sutton Coldfield freeview coverage by pgnl
"Tom Sheils" wrote in message ... Hi all I have recently bought a freeview box. I live in Halesowen in the west midlands. The box is plugged into an old aerial (years and years old)l on the roof. The cable to the box already goes through a signal booster. At I'm missing mux b,c,d. I'm getting my signal off Sutton Coldfield What...
August 10th 03 09:24 PM
by pgnl Go to last post
0 172
BBC Radio Scotland & Radio Wales on Freeview by DAB sounds worse than FM
BBC Radio Scotland and a Gaelic version of Radio Scotland have gone on Freeview in Scotland. BBC Radio Wales and Radio Cymru were already on Freeview in Wales but I thought I'd mention it because I've never seen this fact mentioned on Usenet before. -- DAB sounds worse than FM, Freeview, Digital Satellite and Cable --
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 10th 03 08:33 PM
by Dave Go to last post
27 884
Digital TV from relay transmitters by Martin Angove
In message , Retired_Paul wrote: Hi Does anybody know if TV relay transmitters (ie. those which transmit vertical polarisation) rebroadcast digital TV or just the analogue stations.
August 10th 03 05:58 PM
by Martin Angove Go to last post
1 212
Rigger's Diary (eventide) by Orange
"Simon Slavin" @localhost wrote in message ... In article , (Wrightsaerials) wrote: When you sweat in a loft the particles of glass fibre in the air stick to your skin. They then get pushed into you by your clothes. Soon you have a bright...
August 10th 03 03:40 PM
by Dom Robinson Go to last post
2 236
Anyone in central Liverpool by Wrightsaerials
I shall shortly be moving to Liverpool city centre, L3 to be exact. I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with digital tv signals there and if they had any problems. I would have thought either Storeton or W. Hill would be OK, or even both. Bill
August 10th 03 02:07 PM
by Wrightsaerials Go to last post
0 151
Anyone in central Liverpool by Russ Reid
If you mean Freeview then I live on the Wirral (3-4 miles from L3) and had to get a new rooftop aerial to get Freeview properly. "Steve" wrote in message ... I shall shortly be moving to Liverpool city centre, L3 to be exact. I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with digital tv signals there and if they had...
August 10th 03 09:15 AM
by Russ Reid Go to last post
0 133
Rigger's Diary (eventide) by sbavin
Yes, of course. The mask adds considerably to the misery, doesn't it? True, but the lung damage misery lasts longer. -- Steve Bavin p.s. I have been up in my loft most of today :(
August 10th 03 03:02 AM
by sbavin Go to last post
0 156
Any news on Pace Update by Simon Slavin
In article , "The Equalizer" wrote: Has anyone got a definite date for the Pace twin download? No. Even Pace don't know.
August 10th 03 01:16 AM
by Simon Slavin Go to last post
0 159
Rigger's Diary (even hotter) by Wrightsaerials
Next I called to collect a Sky box that had supposedly been repaired for me. Trouble was, they couldn't fix it. I'd had the customer (a pub) on the phone all day moaning. I took the unrepaired box and rung the pub to tell them that they'd have to buy a new one. To my surprise the miser in charge agreed. All week I've had an intermittent fault on a system serving about 50 houses. From the pattern...
August 9th 03 11:18 PM
by Orange Go to last post
1 298
Sky+ slow response by [email protected]
Hi all I have a Pace Sky+ box and have been experiencing a problem over the last week or two. When I press a button on the remote the Sky+ box takes anything up to about 5 seconds to respond. This can apply to changing channels, using ff/rw, or viewing the EPG. I have also noticed that when accessing the EPG and selecting the Sky+ planner the box seems to take a lot longer than normal to display...
August 9th 03 09:05 PM
by soundmix Go to last post
2 210
CBM Freeview contract terminated by Andrew Oakley
Crown Castle have terminated their agreement with CBM for Freeview channel 22 according to this item on DigitalSpy: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds11504.html Anyone know why? -- Andrew Oakley www.andrew.oakley.net
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 9th 03 06:40 PM
by Texxie Go to last post
15 442