Post New Thread
have to return everything to currys? by Dave
You can buy a repayment remote control from www.cpc.co.uk , www.grandata.co.uk or www.satcure.co.uk I would rather do that than trust the returns/replacement system of Curry's. Bewarned - then can take absolutely ages to process a return. "coulthard" wrote in message ... Hi I have a nokia media master free view box. ...
July 19th 03 10:54 AM
by Dave Go to last post
0 227
have to return everything to currys? by Dave
coulthard writes I have a nokia media master free view box. The handset has broken, so currys have aggreed to replace it. However they say I have to send back the free view box, cables etc as well. I have no idea why they need me to send back everything when its just the handset that is faulty. The problem is I have lots of cables and scart leads about so I...
July 19th 03 10:47 AM
by Dave Go to last post
3 337
Second reply from BBC regard lack of DTT by Lakeuk
Below is the second reply I received via my local MP to a question I had on why the local transmitter can't have digital. Dear Mr ****** Please find enclosed a further letter from the BBC regarding the availability of digital services in South Lakeland. This sadly does not appear to take us much further. I still remain dissatisfied at the current situation in which most people in South Lakeland...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 19th 03 10:21 AM
by Jim Barry Go to last post
15 650
Rigger's diary - lightning by Duncan Ross
From: "Aztech" Date: 18/07/03 14:13 GMT Daylight Time Message-id: "Wrightsaerials" wrote in message ... Here's what happenned yesterday. Lightning hit the end of the roof of a block of flats. The milk lady was stood just below and she was...
July 19th 03 02:49 AM
by Wrightsaerials Go to last post
2 270
Twins Rules - Sometimes by Richard Watkinson
'I had a gig in Hull tonight'... ....and when I returned Twins had faithfully recorded The Archers, Corrie, Eastenders and the Celtic connections on BBC4 Furthermore I remember watching some bits of Connections in January on my older Pace DTR 735 and the picture quality was far superior tonight. The odd crashes but no failed recordings yet other than one early on
July 19th 03 12:02 AM
by Richard Watkinson Go to last post
0 241
Sky News suspends journalists for faking story ! by Aztech
"CD" wrote in message ... http://media.guardian.co.uk/broadcast/story/0,7493,999743,00.html Oh dear, they seem to be learning from FoxNews, but in that case they suspended an anchor because she refused to read a story she knew to be false. Az.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 18th 03 10:17 PM
by ben Go to last post
11 580
Rigger's diary - lightning by Dave Gibson
"Wrightsaerials" wrote in message ... Here's what happenned yesterday. Lightning hit the end of the roof of a block of flats. The milk lady was stood just below and she was knocked against a wall by the pressure wave, breaking several bottles. The building has a conventional roof with a loft space, Later we...
July 18th 03 05:33 PM
by Dave Gibson Go to last post
0 237
Sky News suspends journalists for faking story ! by Neil Hopkins
On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 13:01:03 +0100, CD wrote: http://media.guardian.co.uk/broadcast/story/0,7493,999743,00.html The best bit is this : "One version of the report, which was shown in various forms between March 31 and April 2, ends with a close-up of a finger pushing a red button marked "Fire". But the BBC documentary shows that Splendid's missiles are fired by computer.
July 18th 03 01:22 PM
by Aztech Go to last post
2 297
2 metre Scart leads? by JWBA68
Does anyone know where I can get 2 metre scart leads? I can only find 1.5m 3m or 5 m. TIA Burkey
July 18th 03 12:32 PM
by Wrightsaerials Go to last post
7 453
Budget widescreen TV by Dean Edwards
It's time to get a new TV and I wasn't initially thinking of going widescreen. Then I checked online retailers and saw that the number of widescreen models outnumbers traditional format TV's, so decided to take the plunge. I'd like to use it with a freeview STB so presumably I need RGB SCART input to get best results. Apart from that I don't think connectivity is an issue for me. So far I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 18th 03 11:18 AM
by Ed Crowley Go to last post
12 563
have to return everything to currys? by Ed Crowley
"tHatDudeUK" wrote in message ... "Ed Crowley" wrote in message ... Currys = Dixons = Evil. Curry's, Dixons, The Link, Freeserve and PC world are all "DSG retail ltd" All evil.
July 18th 03 11:16 AM
by Ed Crowley Go to last post
0 249
Channel 5 starts big switch off by Mark Carver
Dave wrote: David Richardson writes As from Tuesday, Channel 5 Analouge - Sandy Heath, Anglia Region, started showing a message to phone Sky for future service, its states they are "going off air soon" !!!!! What's going on, is this the first sign of war, after the BBC goes FTA on Satellite. Well that's a new one on me! Is...
July 17th 03 11:44 PM
by David Richardson Go to last post
5 361
Sky Digital Technical Information by NJ
Hi all. I am looking for some technical information on Sky Digital (dish only). I could do with information about the following and anything else relevant. - Operating frequency - What sort of things can disrupt the signal
July 17th 03 11:30 PM
by R. Mark Clayton Go to last post
1 292
have to return everything to currys? by R. Mark Clayton
"coulthard" wrote in message ... Hi I have a nokia media master free view box. The handset has broken, so currys have aggreed to replace it. However they say I have to send back the free view box, cables etc as well. I have no idea why they need me to send back everything when its just the
July 17th 03 11:30 PM
by R. Mark Clayton Go to last post
0 224
have to return everything to currys? by Dave
tHatDudeUK writes "Ed Crowley" wrote in message ... Currys = Dixons = Evil. Curry's, Dixons, The Link, Freeserve and PC world are all "DSG retail ltd" DSG sold its (80%) share of Freeserve to Wanadoo over 2 years ago. Over 70% of Wanadoo is owned by France Telecom.
July 17th 03 10:10 PM
by Dave Go to last post
0 309
have to return everything to currys? by 547
No doubt to put back on the shelf and give to someone else. I hate it when shops say faulty items have nothing to do with them and direct people to a manufacturer. "coulthard" wrote in message ... Hi I have a nokia media master free view box. The handset has broken, so currys have aggreed to replace it.
July 17th 03 09:32 PM
by 547 Go to last post
0 245
Ohh, yes, yes, YES!! by Wrightsaerials
That's what I say when the wife offers to pick me some loganberrys! They're fantastic this year! Bill Laugh at our Rogue's Gallery Admire the antiquities in Albert's Attic Marvel at our breathtaking Aerial Photography All anoraks MUST visit
July 17th 03 08:13 PM
by Vic Go to last post
6 314
Channel 5 starts big switch off by Wrightsaerials
Bono Estente. Boutros Boutros-Ghali. My daughter's off up Killer Manjaro in Africa. I thought he was a Mexican bandit. Bill
July 17th 03 06:52 PM
by Badlad Go to last post
1 295
New Sony Set Top Box by Chimp
Freeview digital receiver Integrated Power Supply Full Remote Control 2 SCART Sockets RF Output Optical Output Near instantaneous Digital Text One Touch Recording with any SMARTLINK VCR Vertical, or Horizontal design
July 17th 03 06:15 PM
by Seán Meehan Go to last post
7 431
Latest FTV card in another digibox? by Steve
Can anyone tell me whether a lastest bbc FTV card will work in a second digibox? A friend just called me to ask, and I didn't know the answer... His main digibox has snuffed it, and he has a backup box upstairs.... He is thinking of using the backup box downstairs until he can get the other sorted..... So, will the card need activating in the new box, or will it stuff the card up using it in...
July 17th 03 06:14 PM
by Steve Go to last post
2 291
Post New Thread