Post New Thread
Remote IR receiver with Freeview box by Peter Rance
I thought I saw a Freeview box with a remote IR receiver, so the box could be hidden. Anyone know what make this was ? Thanks
July 14th 03 04:37 PM
by Ben Tisdall Go to last post
3 486
Watch Rod Hull tonight by Wrightsaerials
A profile of Rod Hull will be shown tonight on C4 at 9pm. I'll be interested to see the bit about him falling off the roof whilst fiddling with his aerial. Incidentally, thanks to whoever it was that alerted me to the Laurel and Hardy film where they fixed a radio aerial. Ohh I did laugh! I'll treasure that tape for ever! Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 14th 03 03:26 PM
by Duncan Ross Go to last post
10 502
IDTV Recommendations by David
I did have one, but it soon was out of date on the digital side. Had to get rid and buy a 'normal' Tv and a seperate box. I would suggest a seperate Tv and adaptor box is the best choice for any possible changes. A bonus is tjat you have a greater choice of Tv sets. -- Regards, David
July 14th 03 03:10 PM
by David Go to last post
0 316
Push it up a bit further, Big Boy! by Wrightsaerials
That's what the wife said to our rather stout gardener. His extending ladder wouldn't quite reach the highest loganberrys, and she's mad for them. They're fantastic this year! Bill Laugh at our Rogue's Gallery Admire the antiquities in Albert's Attic Marvel at our breathtaking Aerial Photography All anoraks MUST visit http://www.wrightsaerials.tv/index.html
July 14th 03 12:59 PM
by Ian Go to last post
1 307
Six GUARANTEED Paid Sign Ups ARE Money by Java Jive
Did I read that right - has this spammer really put his email in the clear? The domain certainly exists, so if nothing else I guess his postmaster can be spammed. With a bit of luck RSN he should get a salutory demo of an expression involving petards ... I grieve for him not! I suggest we forward all our spam to him for starters ... :-)
July 14th 03 12:44 PM
by Java Jive Go to last post
4 454
More Scart advice please..... by Dave
"Willie" wrote in message ... I have a Pace Twin which feeds a DVDR880 TV output from Twin (rgb) to Aux2 (rgb) input on DVDR. When I switch the Twin on, it switches the DVDR on and goes into record. Is this pin8 on the Scart, and if I cut it will it affect my 16/9 4/3 detection?
July 14th 03 12:10 PM
by Wills Go to last post
1 326
itvdigital box - any way of manually tuning channels in? by [neil]
Hi all, I just cadged an itvdigital box off a family member who had just upgraded to $ky, but the itvdigital box can't receive itv!! I get all the BBC channels, but no others - is there any way of adding them manually even if the signal strength might not be good enough for the auto search to find them? Also, does the auto-update actually work now? I tried it last night and it
July 14th 03 11:24 AM
by Tony Walton Go to last post
7 518
The Most Lightweight Dish? by Stephen
Does anyone know what is the most Lightweight dish on the market? I need help because I am in an extremely difficult situation for erecting a dish, but NTL say they have shelved all plans for Digital Cable in my area, Westminster. My windows are only North facing, and I would be in breach of my lease if I attach a dish to any part of the exterior of my block, but I AM on the top floor and the...
July 14th 03 11:07 AM
by Martin Pickering {UK} Go to last post
5 339
IDTV Recommendations by Arthur Norman
Keep away from Philips. I have had one for 4yrs & I still can't get digital telytext& philips just don't want to know. "Neil Deadman" wrote in message ... I'm looking to get a new TV (around 28" due to space limitations) and want to get an Integrated Digital TV. I already have a Hauppauge DEC2000-T which I use with my PC...
July 14th 03 07:57 AM
by Arthur Norman Go to last post
0 268
2nd pace Ntl set top box ? by Karisto
Looking for a little advice please. I recently have changed over to Ntl digital television and broadband. I had analogue with them for years, 1 set top box downstairs and a box I bought privately upstairs. My main digital box is downstairs and runs the putter as well, what I want advise on is , If I buy another digital set top box privately will it be compatible and work ok, as I don't fancy...
July 13th 03 10:37 PM
by QrizB Go to last post
4 304
Reply from BBC regard lack of DTT by Lakeuk
Below is the reply I received via my local MP to a question I had on why the local transmitter can't have digital, pretty standard reply. Dear Mr ****** Further to our recent correspondence please find enclosed a self-explanatory letter from Martyn Culling at the BBC. I am sorry to send a disappointing reply. Yours Tim Collins MP
July 13th 03 06:48 PM
by Lakeuk Go to last post
0 266
IDTV Recommendations by Aztech
"Neil Deadman" wrote in message ... I'm looking to get a new TV (around 28" due to space limitations) and want to get an Integrated Digital TV. I already have a Hauppauge DEC2000-T which I use with my PC to record programmes. Anyone have any recommendations or possibly ones to keep away from? Maybe some of you know...
July 13th 03 03:35 PM
by Aztech Go to last post
0 246
aerial recommendations by Steven Templeton
Just got a setpal and I can receive most of the muxes in my area ( Glasgow ) from the Blackhill transmitter. However my signal is pretty weak using my ****ey indoor aerial so I wondered if anyone could recommend a decent loft type aerial for not too many bucks ? Saw one in Argos for about 9 which looked not bad, but my local aerial fitter quoted me 25 for one not too dissimilar ??? I am also...
July 13th 03 08:40 AM
by Steven Templeton Go to last post
0 227
Freeview - Can't Receive BBC etc. by Mike Jenkins
Hello I have just set up a Freeview box (BUSH 50 quid Makro special) and am having a slight problem with it. Apologies if these questions have been answered a million times, feel free to point me to an FAQ. I tried the box with the existing rooftop aerial and could get a few channels, Freeview website says I will probably need a new aerial. Fair enough, I get and install a 19 element Wideband...
July 13th 03 07:15 AM
by AWM Go to last post
5 694
BBC no change by David Quinton
On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 06:41:15 +0100, "David" wrote: 11:22 BBC1 has appeared in the clear on my Echostar Digital Sat. -- Vispa Internet - a real star performer! http://www.vispaconnect.co.uk/index.php?referer=bizorg
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 12th 03 06:26 PM
by Dom Robinson Go to last post
27 670
"Set Top" Aerial recommendations by Richard Williams
In article , Some bloke wrote: "Doctor D." wrote Antiference http://www.antiference.co.uk/indoor.htm or the Labgear Tristar http://www.labgear.co.uk/images/ANR310.jpg I've tried both of these with a SetPal, and I found the Labgear to provide considerably superior results. It also provided a...
July 12th 03 01:20 PM
by Richard Williams Go to last post
0 267
BBC DTT Now and Next? by Geoff Pearson
Seems not to be working properly - Craigkelly? I have 6370 and 6371 boxes and N&N come up empty the last two days on both.
July 12th 03 11:05 AM
by ArmandAlegge Go to last post
2 316
Digital TV Card by Jackie
Hi I am thinking of replacing my analogue tv card with a digital tv card so I can get freeview. However I am not sure if I can receive a digital signal as the nearest digital transmitter is about 20 miles away. Is there any way I can use my present tv card (Hauppauge) to find out if I can receive freeview? Jackie
July 12th 03 08:42 AM
by Martin Imber Go to last post
6 260
Dead Pace Box by Derek
Got a pace box that wont come out of standby, any ideas ? (light flashes in response to remote) regards Derek
July 11th 03 10:35 PM
by Simon Slavin Go to last post
2 260
Hotbird * Astra (28 degrees) by Fy13rt
Can anyone advise on the best setup to view both Hotbird & Astra (28') from the same dish/ I'm in NW England.
July 11th 03 07:36 PM
by Mike Terry Go to last post
3 275
Post New Thread