Post New Thread
Upgrades, how do you know when they happen? by Alan Scott
Hi, I just bought a Grundig GDT2000. I have just checked the software and it's on version 2.1. I have heard that there are regular(ish) updates of the software over the air and reading various posts I either have to tune into BBC or Channel5 so I am a bit confused. How do I know when the upgrades happen, and what will I have to do get them installed?
August 13th 03 10:33 PM
by Alan Scott Go to last post
0 145
Dabs STB by Russell
If you read the further details on the Dabs site you will see that it is a HUMAX Stb. Humax do a wide range of dtt boxes. The exact model no. is not shown on the Humax web site. I read on a forum (think it was Digital Spy) that the stb Dabs are selling is an old model and it doesn't support digital text. Russell
August 13th 03 10:25 PM
by Alan Scott Go to last post
1 181
AverMedia AVerTV DVB-T card - screen size issue on BBC2 by herbs
This is a problem they know about, just don't bother using the support as it is ****e there is one person in support from I can gather. If you can get your money back do so, otherwise you will be stuck with the POS. Also you will notice random break up and no MHEG, and no now and next. Also the MP3 recording of the radio fails to work properly. "TechDude" wrote in...
August 13th 03 10:17 PM
by herbs Go to last post
0 123
Think carefully before fitting DTTV (slightly long) by harrogate
I ran up against an interesting problem this weekend which causes me to suggest to all readers to think very carefully about DTTV, how you will fit (connect) it and how you will use it before purchase. An eldery couple had their video fail. I got them a new one (JVC 695 in Argos at half price - old catalogue) and asked at the same time if they wanted to go digital - UK History particularly...
August 13th 03 08:16 PM
by harrogate Go to last post
9 297
DiSEqC 2.0 by ArmandAlegge
Can anyone here tell me what is DiSEqC 2.0 for LNB switching as in some versions of a dual LNB monoblock like the Brain Waves manufacture. Is this monoblock type compatible with a receiver able to perform DiSEqC 1.0 switching only such as an Echostar AD3000IPV or Echostar AD3600IPV?
August 13th 03 08:10 PM
by ArmandAlegge Go to last post
2 188
off topic civil eng query by Richard
"Wrightsaerials" wrote in message ... http://www.pavingexpert.com/pavguide.htm this site could be quite useful if you are new to road building. Thanks very much Richard. That's a really good site. Bill
August 13th 03 04:50 PM
by Richard Go to last post
0 145
sky extra digibox by Beck
Been a sky customer (sports package) for 3 years now and recently looked into getting an extra digibox. Originally last week, Sky customer services told me it was £99 for the box and £15 a month extra subscription. Now they are telling me that it is those prices plus an extra £50 for installation. I absolutely resent having to pay so much to watched sky on another tv in the house, but due to...
August 13th 03 03:21 PM
by Beck Go to last post
0 184
off topic civil eng query by Wrightsaerials
Thanks for the responses. I shall order 20 tonnes on the basis of the information received. This should get me to Base Camp 1. Bill
August 13th 03 02:58 AM
by Wrightsaerials Go to last post
0 137
Freeview Sky News Problem by David Richardson
Clem Dye wrote in message ... David Richardson wrote: Since the very hot weather, in the last few day's I have lost Sky News, this is in Herts area, most other channels are OK - but no Sky Sports News, Sky Travel, History, I guess these share the same band. Any other people with the same problem???? DJR Whereabouts in...
August 12th 03 11:30 PM
by David Richardson Go to last post
0 223
Anyone in central Liverpool by PhilÅ
Congratulation on Moving up to Liverpool, Capital of Culture 2008. A great place with a lower crime rate of all other cities within the UK based on the population. Digital signals are strong for freeview, and L3 is serviced by a cable company with some great offers on Broadband and TV/Phone. Welcome to our great city..
August 12th 03 09:44 PM
by Steve Go to last post
2 164
TV / Video Combi - larger than 15" & smaller than 21" ?? by Shaun Murphy
Hi, Firstly, appologies if this is slightly off-topic - I've searched for a more appropriate group, and this was the closest I could find. I'm trying to track down a TV/Video combi that is larger than 15" and smaller than 21" - to mount on a bedroom wall. Nobody seems to make an in-between size - 18" would be great. Ideally it will have FastText, and possibly Nicam too. Can anyone suggest a...
August 12th 03 09:28 PM
by Shaun Murphy Go to last post
0 125
peripheral area: Best box to get??? by Mr Smith
I will be moving to Wales soon and will be "officially" outside the freeview area (i.e. when I run a postcode check I am told I cannot get the freeview channels). However, I have been told that other people in the area can receive freeview channels. What is the best box to buy considering my peripheral position (and does it make a difference?). I would prefer not to spend a vast amount (£100...
August 12th 03 08:49 PM
by BillR Go to last post
3 152
off topic civil eng query by Wrightsaerials
Does anyone know the weight of a cubic metre of crushed limestone? Or alternatively, what's the volume of a tonne of the stuff? I need to built a road at short notice (don't ask). Any sensible comments would be most welcome. Bill
August 12th 03 08:25 PM
by Wrightsaerials Go to last post
0 155
Telewest digi by Doctor D.
"[email protected]" wrote in message ... I did have another digi tv box upstairs in my house, this has been gone a while. I still have the little box and the wire coming out. I was wondering because my analogue picture is so crap and i have never seen analogue channel 5, is there any way to connect this wire just to get standard channels...
August 12th 03 05:35 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
1 189
Thomson Scenium reciever box overheating by Joe Soap of the Crumbling Spires
the reciever box on my thomson scenium plasma is overheating during this heatwave anytime it gets over 26 c after having been on for an hour or so the picture goes black and then returns in the corner of the screen. IF I put a fan on the box it is okay. is this a design fault or something wrong with the box that can be remedied. Anyone else having this experience?
August 12th 03 03:22 PM
by Joe Soap of the Crumbling Spires Go to last post
0 158
Pace Twin update tomorrow (perhaps) by Ravinder Gill
Hopefully this will cure the crashes that require the mains supply to be cycled off/on - that bug is REALLY beginning to annoy the hell out of me. Especially when I've got all comfortable in bed!! "Tom Wesley" wrote in message ... Hi all, Just spotted this on http://www.pacefreetoview.co.uk/02ee.asp so with any ...
August 12th 03 01:29 PM
by Ravinder Gill Go to last post
0 159
BBC/Sky FTA mess gets worse by John Russell
"David" wrote in message ... Just recieved letters, one for each BBC FTV card from the BBC England Region at Pebble Mill, Birmingham. Tells us what we know allready in the main, but there is one paragraph that as further up set me.
August 12th 03 10:38 AM
by David Richardson Go to last post
2 190
Scart pass through & macrovison? by john
Having managed to borrow a freeview pace box to test reception I have found I can recive all channels and they look fine. The signal strength only ranges from 70-75% which seems pretty low to me, there were no dropouts but does this mean there is likely to be? Though this is after the splitter, not directly from the aerial as I plan to set it up (which I hope will improve things). Anyhow,...
August 12th 03 10:36 AM
by BillR Go to last post
1 208
Rigger's Diary (eventide) by Simon Slavin
In article , (Wrightsaerials) wrote: please let me caution you that if you have encountered glass fibre like that then you should be taking precautions not to inhale it. Yes, of course. The mask adds considerably to the misery, doesn't it? Oh, yes. Also I'm asthmatic so I have a built-in penalty on
August 11th 03 11:54 PM
by Simon Slavin Go to last post
0 139
Valutaion with a view to selling by simon
Digisenders virtually unused and as new but sadly not boxed. The link below is the exact ones http://www.geocities.com/digitalsatuk/digisender.html Simon.
August 11th 03 10:47 PM
by PhilÅ Go to last post
2 143