Post New Thread
Waitec DVD-X4 - DVD recorder for 200? by JPG
Has anyone seen this? Is it a DVD recorder? It's difficult to tell from the blurb. http://www.waitec.com/df-dvdx4.htm JPG
July 22nd 03 01:46 PM
by JPG Go to last post
3 281
Nebula Digitv - "Video/Audio In Mode" Problems by Darren Wilkinson
Same here. Just select mute in the DigiTV software. You will still be able to hear your audio fine. -- reply to chipsuar.chipsuarremove this at charitydays.co.uk "KoKee" wrote in message ... Hi Does anyone have sound probs when in video/audio in mode? the video is
July 22nd 03 12:27 PM
by Darren Wilkinson Go to last post
2 248
FV Box with twin scart by Tony Barrett
Can anyone recommend a freeview box (at a reasonable price I hope) with twin scarts that will allow RGB passthrough? I want to connect a DVD player to the SCART IN and SCART OUT to a TV. Cheers
July 22nd 03 09:55 AM
by Dave Go to last post
3 233
No Channel Cease Warnings Anymore? by Steve
Is it just me, or are the warnings about channels ceasing, still being sent? I have had nothing today.. Is anyone still getting them? Steve
July 22nd 03 09:50 AM
by Mike Dann Go to last post
5 263
TV Recommendation by SG
Hi all, I've just bought my first DVD player only to find that my 14-year-old TV has no scart plug, it's not stereo and it hasn't even got teletext. So I think its time for a new set. Can anyone recommend any magazines, websites etc where I can compare TV's within prices ranges? Many thanks Sam
July 22nd 03 01:47 AM
by R. Mark Clayton Go to last post
2 350
Rigger's diary - lightning by Wrightsaerials
Some people say unplug your aerial during lightning storms? Is there not a better (and safer!) solution? I've told this story before on here, but anyway - Years ago we had a customer who reached behind the telly to unplug the aerial just at the moment lightning hit the tree just down the road. She was thrown from the front of the house to the back, and was found unconscious under...
July 22nd 03 01:06 AM
by Wrightsaerials Go to last post
7 323
Widescreen by cat
I have just purchased a Panasonic widescreen TV. When I use the digital box through the TV with the 16:9 setting it fills the screen. However, in analogue mode there are black bars top and bottom. Why is this. Shouldn't 16:9 fill the screen on both settings. I have googled this but found nothing similar and appreciate it could be a faq but would like some advice from the experts
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 21st 03 10:46 PM
by Dom Robinson Go to last post
19 498
Choices for recording radio and FTA to PC? by Aztech
"Stephen" wrote in message 1. DVB-S or DVB-T? I am not sure which would give better bitrates etc. Which is recommended (given that I have a dish, spare LNB etc already)? The BBC radio services on both DVB-S and DVB-T come from the same coder, so it makes no difference, however I would go for DVB-s given that BBC TV is marginally better (BBC...
July 21st 03 07:10 PM
by Aztech Go to last post
0 246
Radios Wales & Cymru now on DTT Mux1 in Wales by Gladys Pugh
Having become totally bored by the TV programmes on offer I thought doing an Add Channels might be a bit more exciting. To say I nearly wet myself with all the excitement might just be an understatement :o( but yes I've discovered BBC Wales' two Radio stations now testing on Mux1 here in Wales. At the mo' they're on the (unassigned) channels 801 and 802 (but YMMV) no 'Info' and just a plain...
July 21st 03 01:19 PM
by Aztech Go to last post
5 319
Telewest Widescreen problems by Philip Rayne
My setup top box is configured to output 16:9. This works fine for a while - programs are correctly churned out in 16:9 and 4:3 formats where appropriate. Every now and then I will switch the TV on and a program that is supposed to be in 16:9 is being churned out in 4:3 format (and I don't mean its 16:9 squished into a 4:3 box). I have to go into the set top box settings and switch the output...
July 21st 03 07:21 AM
by Philip Rayne Go to last post
0 232
Kiss & Other Emap Stations Going on DSat by DAB sounds worse than FM
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds11381.html Kiss is 160kbps apparently, although it isn't carrying any audio yet. -- DAB sounds worse than FM, Freeview, Digital Satellite and Cable -- http://www.digitalradiotech.co.uk/ BBC DAB is a national disgrace
July 20th 03 10:49 PM
by DAB sounds worse than FM Go to last post
0 233
Tivo RIP? by Barry Mung
my tivo is failing to connect when making the daily call. my brothers machine fails as well. this has been like this since last week! a friend says that the uk tivo service was discontinued last week! eeek! i hope its not true as id be lost without my tivo. can anyone confirm why the daily call service has stopped? boner
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 20th 03 09:57 PM
by Roy Donaldson Go to last post
27 861
Some news on Freeview CBM channel .. by Stephen Ali
The new address - although blank at the moment is: http://www.cbmmedia.co.uk/ I found http://cbmfreeview.tv/ a little inspiring. - Stephen
July 20th 03 03:44 PM
by Dave Fawthrop Go to last post
2 300
Rigger's diary - lightning by Rich
"Wrightsaerials" wrote in message ... Here's what happenned yesterday. Lightning hit the end of the roof of a block of flats. The milk lady was stood just below and she was knocked against a wall by the pressure wave, breaking several bottles. The building has a conventional roof with a loft space, Later we...
July 20th 03 02:29 PM
by Orange Go to last post
4 292
Nebula DigiTV question by Darren Wilkinson
-- reply to chipsuar.chipsuarremove this at charitydays.co.uk "Paul" wrote in message ... On the Technical Info/Signal Quality dialog what the the BER bar mean? Its the one next to strength and signal-to-noise ratio. It stands for Bit Error Ratio. The lower the better.
July 20th 03 11:50 AM
by Darren Wilkinson Go to last post
0 263
Nebula DigiTV question by Steven
On Sat, 19 Jul 2003, Paul writes: On the Technical Info/Signal Quality dialog what the the BER bar mean? Its the one next to strength and signal-to-noise ratio. Bit Error Ratio On Most of the channels i've tried the BER amount is really low like 0.0020 but on Radio 1 its quite high and the bar is half full. Should I be worried? Still sounds perfect to me but thought I'd ask anyway. It...
July 19th 03 10:27 PM
by Steven Go to last post
0 243
ITV, C4 & five now off new ex subs card by Steve
Ive just tuned to ITV1, C4 and five via my digibox and they are all now off. They are displaying a description box similar to that of the rest of subscription channels. And giving the number to call to subscribe. The card in use is a new one (yellow house featured on the card) and was obtained as part of my subscription to $ky in March 2003 (card sent as a replacement for the old one about to...
July 19th 03 09:53 PM
by IOOA Go to last post
3 281
DigiTV picture settings by Jaime
"Nigel Mercier " wrote in message ... In uk.tech.digital-tv, Nigel Mercier wrote: I change the Picture settings, in particular the Brightness, then later close DigiTV down. When I open it again, it has remembered the *value* of the setting, but doesn't apply it until I click the slider. Am I...
July 19th 03 04:33 PM
by Jaime Go to last post
0 227
sound suddenly gone from toshiba tv. by Sheila
Hi, sound on tv is always ok, then today someone puts a camcorder through tv to watch whats on camcorder.when Icome to view it, there is no volume on tv (toshiba) just available through camcorder. we have disconnected camcorder now, and tv still has no volume. it is digital telewest (in uk) and cannot get sound either on cable or terrestrial through ariel.
July 19th 03 01:08 PM
by Martin Angove Go to last post
1 261
ITV, CH4 , CH5 gone????? by Steve
No, they are still there, no probs....... Neo-Reloaded wrote in message ... i cant seem to get itv, ch4 and ch5 for the last hour. message says insert ur card. iam using ftv card, the new card got it in Feb this year. whats goin on ???????/
July 19th 03 12:00 PM
by Steve Go to last post
0 250
Post New Thread