Post New Thread
English/Scottish Television, Part Deux. by user0
All, thanks for the advice in the last post. I thought I'd start afresh, since I think that one's dead...muchos helpful, tho'. Anyway, I have a couple more questions, on the back of the adviec I was given, and what I've read in the group, if y'all dont mind... - Ok, I can get BBC England by Splashing out on a new LMB and Receiver, but then I won't have ITV/C4/C5, from what I've read, due to the...
August 6th 03 06:56 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
2 235
BBC mux on Hannington - any problems? by Terry Eden
My previously indestructable Setpal had a wobbly last night with the BBC mux from Hannington. The picture kept pausing while the sound continued. The Setpal showed a SNR of 25 and a signal strength fluctuating between 70 and 74. Whenever the strength hit 70% the picture would freeze. All other muxes (muxen?!) have strength of at least 80. Is anyone else experiencing this? Terry
August 6th 03 05:30 PM
by Doctor D. Go to last post
1 192
Philips 6372? any help? by Mr Smith
I have a Philips 6372, and haven't used it for about 1 year. Now when I plug it in I get nothing....no lcd display, nothing. I don't have the manual, so can anybody help me breathe some life into the box? It was working perfectly up until ITV digital died, and I packed it away. cheers.
August 6th 03 05:13 PM
by soundmix Go to last post
1 166
Newbie question: ONDigital box for freeview? by Mr Smith
Thanks.... I have a slight problem though and dont know whether it is related to the failure of the box or something else. The Box worked fine until ITV digital went tits up. I packed it away and forgot about it until today. I have taken it out of the box, plugged it in and nothing happens i.e. no lights, no response etc. Ive changed the fuse and still nothing. Im wondering is my box knackered...
August 6th 03 04:25 PM
by Mr Smith Go to last post
1 145
You & Yours on FTV collapse by David van Kemenade
You can listen to the programme again he http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/youandyours/ David "Simon Gardner" wrote in message ... Today's 'You and Yours' on the collapse of FTV from satellite was not useful. One repeated factual error was to claim the BBC alone paid for FTV previously - thus ignoring the financial contributions of C4...
August 6th 03 04:05 PM
by BillR Go to last post
1 149
Nokia 221T by Ed Crowley
"Wainscotting" wrote in message ... I have one of these and was wondering if there was any point in paying for a digital audio coax to optical converter so as I can have digital audio input to my dvd player. Would the sound be appreciably better than analogue input? Yea
August 6th 03 03:58 PM
by Ed Crowley Go to last post
0 139
GRUNDIG DIGITAL FREE-TO-VIEW RECEIVER GDT1500 by Akomic
Your views? I don't really WANT freeview... I don't get too much time to watch the telly, but, I've just moved into the Midlands, and our terrestrial reception is affected badly by the Malverns. Our neighbours say that Freeivew is a complete lifesaver, so, I've been looking around. The cheapest seems to be the Grundig GDT1500 - 68 from Curry's. I noticed an earlier post (about aerial in...
August 6th 03 03:24 PM
by Androo Go to last post
3 235
BBC FTA satellite and Widescreen. by David
I have tuned my digi FTA box into the BBC on the 28deg. satellite and find most of the BBC1 stations auto switch my Tv to wide. But the other BBC stations and the 2 or 3 BBC1's do not, just give a squashed picture and I have to use the Tv aspect button to make it go wide. Seems a strange situation to me. If it did not work on all then I would just think it was my digi box. -- Regards,
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 6th 03 01:38 PM
by Laurence Taylor Go to last post
19 365
PC Based PVR - Is this an ok spec? by Neil Deadman
Since I upgraded my machine I have had a few components lying around that I am going to use to build a second PC anyway. Having recently read all the posts about PC specs for PVR I wondered if these components would be suitable. I have a DEC2000-T which I am going to replace with a nebula DigiTV. Intel Pentium III 600MHz 384Mb RAM Matrox Millennium G550 32Mb with TV Out 40Gb HDD (may increase...
August 6th 03 11:34 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
2 189
Newbie question: ONDigital box for freeview? by Rob Randall
On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 10:41:52 +0100, "Mr Smith" wrote: I have an old Philips DTX7362 ITV Digital box that I haven't used for about 1 year. Can I use this to get the freeview channels...do i need a new Card for the box (still has the original and now defunct ITVDigital card in it). If it worked with ITV Digital it will work with Freeview. Take the old card out as it is...
August 6th 03 10:57 AM
by Rob Randall Go to last post
0 148
You & Yours on FTV collapse by Aztech
"Simon Gardner" wrote in message ... Today's 'You and Yours' on the collapse of FTV from satellite was not useful. One repeated factual error was to claim the BBC alone paid for FTV previously - thus ignoring the financial contributions of C4 and C5. The BBC paid 88% of the costs. Az.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 6th 03 10:40 AM
by Jomtien Go to last post
17 396
BURN?? by Paul Grayson
"Ade" wrote in message ... I know this is probably not the cleverest question in the world but if I leave my Sont tv on a Freeview Radio station for long periods of time, am I gonna get any kind of screen burn??? Will I say the Kiss logo FOR EVER!! The lastest software update for the Grunding GDT-2000 (and the...
August 6th 03 10:14 AM
by Paul Grayson Go to last post
0 131
New Philips DTT box. by Clem Dye
I was having a browse through the new Argos catalogue yesterday and came across a new Philips DTT box, the DTR 1500. It looks a bit like the forthcoming Sony (to me). Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have digital audio out, so I doubt if I'd bother, but it may be OK on second system. When the likes of Pioneer, Sony & Philips releasing new DTT boxes, it seems to me like Freeview is here to...
August 6th 03 10:10 AM
by David Go to last post
1 129
Rowbridge? by Mike GW8IJT
"Jaime" wrote in message ... We have not lost all analogue channels (well nearly there far from watchable) and all the digital terrestrial channels. They seemed to go in stages with some of the digital channels remaining for a while and the analogue slowly getting worse. The snr from bbc2 on dttv which I was watching...
August 6th 03 10:04 AM
by Chris S Go to last post
3 175
BBC Region - top line of picture by Roger
sorry if this has been discussed but cant see it - Ive just got back of holiday and got BBC 1 east (W) on 101 but have a dotted white line at the top of the screen which wasnt there with BBC LDN. Is this a fault with this regions picture or just my TV?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 6th 03 09:37 AM
by Stephen Neal Go to last post
10 400
Progressive Scan DVD Players by [email protected]
Keith Bailey wrote: I have a Hitachi TV which offers progressive scan & I use this for displaying normal TV broadcasts froma Freeview box. I know that this is really no more than a field store but it does improve the perceived vertical resolution. Does anyone have any first hand experience of a progressive scan DVD player in the UK on PAL connected to a display device such as...
August 6th 03 07:56 AM
by One2Go Go to last post
4 322
BURN?? by Ade
Gotta be honest, I just change to my Personal setting on Brightness etc and have it set to dark screen....just in case!!
August 5th 03 11:57 PM
by Ade Go to last post
2 155
Flat Screen Maintenance by Edward Holt
Someone recently told me that maintenance is required for some flat screen TVs every few years. Is that correct or has my friend been misled?
August 5th 03 11:40 PM
by Jonathan Buzzard Go to last post
6 218
Digital TV Picture Break Up by mlp
Just wondering do all free to air dtv boxes suffer from picture break up regularly. I have an old On Digital Pioneer Box and this seem to exhibit this a lot - the sound is an occasional problem but usually it's just the picture that breaks up. Would this be likely to be solved with a newer freeview box? TIA Marcel
August 5th 03 11:36 PM
by Mark G Phillips Go to last post
1 248
Belmont unwatchable last night by Wrightsaerials
Does that mean people to the south of London using CP are being afflicted with Look North? It would be pearls before swine . . . Bill
August 5th 03 07:24 PM
by Wrightsaerials Go to last post
0 152
Post New Thread