Post New Thread
Rigger's Diary by Wrightsaerials
Did you install freeview for her so her TV picture wasn't squeezed? No. Dad had developed wallet fatigue. Bill
August 16th 03 01:28 AM
by Wrightsaerials Go to last post
0 205
Picture freezing - any ideas by Paul Grayson
"Rob Kirton" wrote in message ... I checked out post code for availability, purchased a Grundig GDT2000 Freeview set top box this morning, and had an aerial guy install new high gain aerial, and new run of twin screened coax. So far so good. However the BBC Channels are "freezing". ITV, Sky and other...
August 16th 03 12:47 AM
by Rob Kirton Go to last post
3 238
AverMedia AVerTV DVB-T card - screen size issue on BBC2 by David van Kemenade
BBC Channels (and Channel 5, I believe) always broadcast in "16:9 mode". 4:3 programmes appear in the centre of this 16:9 frame. An AFD flag is sent to tell the set-top box what to do with the picture. For example if you have a 4:3 TV, the STB is supposed to "zoom in" to the picture so that you lose the black bands on either side of the 4:3 picture in the centre. Apparently the AverMedia software...
August 15th 03 10:37 PM
by Wideass Go to last post
1 268
Rigger's Diary by Wrightsaerials
Paul came in yesterday and told me about his customer in the next village. Apparently the message 'No satellite signal is being received' appeared on his TV, so he went out and bought a new TV set! He bought a widescreen, but because it had to fit in the fancy cabinet the new set was actually quite a small screen. The living room being huge even the old set hadn't really been big enough, so the...
August 15th 03 12:29 PM
by Wrightsaerials Go to last post
0 169
Pace Twin by Edward Wohlman
At the moment it's the only option for recording programs that don't appear in the Now&Next EPG. Press the timer events button, it looks like a clock, just underneath the number buttons. Then you have to press the record button to create a new event. Set the channel, start and end times and any reapeat options. Then OK to confirm. The event will be added to the event list. This is covered on...
August 15th 03 12:56 AM
by Richard Watkinson Go to last post
5 241
Pace DTVA by Simon Heather
I've just picked up a new DTVA from Argos and it is the old style one but it does have a quite recent software version 1.9.48 from Feb-03. I've noticed however that it gives a signal quality level of only around 35-38% as opposed to 80-90% for my other Pace DTVA (software version 1.9.13) - the picture quality is perfect on all channels but I don't understand why it should report such a different...
August 14th 03 09:41 PM
by Dave Gibson Go to last post
1 188
Sony VTX-D800 is now out by Chimp
"GH" wrote in message ... I need to get rid of my Pace skydigibox and replace it with a freeview box, u reckon the Pioneer is gonna be worth the wait? compared to the other boxes currently on the market? From the specs, yep Hopefully my merlin learning remote will be able to learn the remote
August 14th 03 09:07 PM
by GH Go to last post
1 175
One4All Signiture Line 4in1 + Pace Twin by Edward Wohlman
How would I go about getting these to work together. Do I just need to put a code in or does it have to be reprogrammed? If it is a code, does anyone know what it is? If it is reprogramming how do I go about doing that? Thanks Edward
August 14th 03 08:07 PM
by Edward Wohlman Go to last post
0 216
What Set-top boxes have DABS or digi out? by Andy Evans
I need the freeview TV channels, but I'd also like to listen to radio stations in the best audio sound, and I already have a good DAC. What's the difference in sound and stations between DABS and digi out of a set-top box? Is the Nokia Mediamaster the only box with digital out? === Andy Evans === Visit our Website:- http://www.artsandmedia.com Audio, music and health pages and interesting...
August 14th 03 07:52 PM
by DAB sounds worse than FM Go to last post
4 190
Logo on digital radios with PACE by RaZz
"DAB sounds worse than FM" wrote in message ... RMM wrote: I've just switched through the radio stations and for the first time there's no logos. Is this by popular demand due to possible screen 'burn', or is it a temporary glitch? I hope the former, natch. Pace don't sell DAB receivers, so you'll...
August 14th 03 07:45 PM
by DAB sounds worse than FM Go to last post
1 165
Sky minidish orientation by Wrightsaerials
Wonderful! Oh how wonderful! You couldn't make it up, could you? Ahhh! Bill You will, Bill; you will. -- Alan Pemberton Sheffield, South Yorkshire, Yes Oscar Pemberton, I will.
August 14th 03 06:35 PM
by Wrightsaerials Go to last post
0 150
NETGEM iPlayer by George
In article , M.Grenouille writes Netgem now has its official Forum at http://www.forum.netgem.com That should be http://forum.netgem.com --- George. To reply By email, replace 'invalid' with 'com'.
August 14th 03 05:56 PM
by George Go to last post
0 182
Ondigital and Sky Sports by Graham Andre
Sorry to trouble you Is it possible to get Sky Sports or any of the movie channels through a subscription or by changing the card? Just been given a box and am very happy with the free channels but just wondered with the new season coming up if it was possible Graham
August 14th 03 04:23 PM
by Tony Walton Go to last post
1 182
Sony VTX-D800 is now out by Chimp
"CyberSOGA" wrote in message ... Thanks for the pics. Wheres's the optical output, is it the small "minidisc" type output by the power lead? Seems unusual to not have a normal toslink socket. Yeah it's a dual 3.5mm output (Does line level analogue out as well as optical)
August 14th 03 03:58 PM
by Chimp Go to last post
0 214
Freeview Hard Disc Recorder + Recordable DVD by DAB sounds worse than FM
For more details see: http://www.digitalradiotech.co.uk/ -- DAB sounds worse than FM, Freeview, Digital Satellite and Cable -- http://www.digitalradiotech.co.uk/ BBC DAB is a national disgrace
August 14th 03 12:55 PM
by DAB sounds worse than FM Go to last post
0 152
Pace Twin Update Workss by The Equalizer
So far so good. It`s 10.25 and i know have interactive services adn digital text on my box. Although i can`t access BBCI while viewing BBC1 or BBC2. I have to tune to BBC NEWS 24 in order to access BBCI. Also BBC Parliament is now working properly as well.
August 14th 03 12:28 PM
by Wills Go to last post
8 208
Dam Pace Twin! by Edward Holt
I was looking forward to Straw Dogs on Channel 4 last night and I know I set up the timer for this on the Twin. It didn't record it and the timer event has disappeared from the schedule (that verifies that I didn't input the wrong time or date). I've heard of others complaining about lost recordings before but never really experienced them - now I have.
August 14th 03 12:19 PM
by Roger Wilmut Go to last post
5 214
netgem by donker
Hi can anyone recommend a remote for working tv-vidio and netgem digi box thanks
August 14th 03 11:57 AM
by M.Grenouille Go to last post
1 142
BBC4 query by Dianne Sutton
Totally new to this DTT stuff so a very basic question... We live in Milton Keynes (MK7) and have taken the basic cable package (BBC1,BBC2,ITV,C4 and 5) since it was introduced to MK 30 years ago (BT originally then taken over by NTL). Wanting to watch some of the stuff advertised as being on BBC4 and not wanting to pay for movie channels etc we don't want we didn't want to take an expensive...
August 14th 03 07:34 AM
by chris L Go to last post
3 188
Philips DTR 1500 by Talin
Anyone bought one of the new Philips DTR 1500 boxes? If so, please can you give your opinions on it and advise how well it compares to the setpal boxes (like the Daewoo)? I borrowed a friend's Grundig box and it worked reasonably well. Had all the channels, etc. Will the Philips box work just as well, signal-wise (or better)? Thanks in advance for any help. -Talin
August 13th 03 11:37 PM
by Talin Go to last post
0 182
Post New Thread