Post New Thread
Sky+BBC in Canaries by Ross
In message , David writes "Paul" wrote in message ... i came back from tenerife last month and saw big brother being shown (on E4) in some of the bars. picture was excellent, dont know what size dish they had though.
August 4th 03 05:49 PM
by Ross Go to last post
0 146
Pace Twin Software by Malcolm (itsonlyme)
On 4-Aug-2003, K wrote: Pace have just updated their web page with the following Twin Digital TV Recorder Software Download The proposed download on the 4th-6th August has now been re-scheduled, sorry for any inconvenience.
August 4th 03 02:20 PM
by Malcolm (itsonlyme) Go to last post
0 117
FS: Sky digibox by lju
Pace 2200 in black with remote 35 inc
August 4th 03 12:53 PM
by lju Go to last post
0 145
Moving to West Wales..no digital reception what do i do? by Mr Smith
Apologies for newbie questions but: I am moving to Aberystwyth, west Wales. I have run a postcode check and it seems that I cannot get the free digital channels there. What are my alternatives..if any? Do I have to subscribe to sky ? many thanks....
August 4th 03 11:34 AM
by Peter G Sheppard Go to last post
1 134
Rowbridge? by Doctor D.
The weather cant be bad on a Wednesday when there's nothing on but always on a Sunday when I'm trying to record/watch 24 and some other programs. That would be sods law kicking in.................
August 4th 03 10:53 AM
by Doctor D. Go to last post
0 178
DTV Picture Quality [OT for radio] by DAB sounds worse than FM
From: http://tinyurl.com/hcs3 "Perfect pictures? One patient had the utter nerve to ask 'Do you know when they are going to improve the picture quality of the Digital broadcasts?', saying that he notices on different sets, both on Sky and Freeview, pixellation, drop out and poor lip sync, and claims that when running in RGB, even in the showrooms, faces look a bit "plasticy". Pixellation and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 4th 03 01:20 AM
by Bryan Go to last post
27 650
some questions by Simon Slavin
In article , "Allan Urb" wrote: Hi, i would really apprechiate it if you could answer a few of my questions. Please read the group alt.tv.tech.hdtv for a while to see if they have a FAQ. If they don't, ask this question there. And please use a better 'Subject' header: almost every post to this group consists of some questions; try to use a...
August 4th 03 12:26 AM
by Simon Slavin Go to last post
0 137
Rowbridge? by Marcus Durham
In message , Jaime writes So is this a rowbridge transmission problem or any ideas what might have caused it our end. Where is "Rowbridge"? It's called "Rowridge"! --
August 3rd 03 10:50 PM
by Jaime Go to last post
3 167
Update on FTV/FTA Sky Channels by Wolfpeltz
Recently, I have been getting messages that I will shortly be losing various channels, and to ring 08702-430604. Pure laziness.......I suppose I will get round to it when it happens, and I have not really paid any attention as to which they are, anyway. I have the BBC FTV card, and am not a SKY subscriber. "Simon Gardner" wrote in...
August 3rd 03 08:54 PM
by Wolfpeltz Go to last post
0 142
Nebula DigiTV by Neil Deadman
Wheres the best place to buy one? Is it only sold from themselves?
August 3rd 03 08:47 PM
by Jaime Go to last post
1 160
Which pci card by jolly green giant
Using a PC Sat card won't get you free-to-view channels (ie itv, C4 or five) only free-to-air ones so that is definately something to consider. For a list of FTA sat channels see; http://www.wickonline.com/fta.htm A Hauppauge Nova for Sat is about 60 but the software functionality is very poor. see www.hauppauge.co.uk
August 3rd 03 04:05 PM
by Nozza Go to last post
3 151
technical: ghosting on freeview by Clem Dye
Default wrote: What's the consensus regarding ghosting on freeview? Do you all notice it? I use the Nova-T adaptor to watch TV on my PC. I used to have a TFT (actually tried several with 25ms response times), but the results weren't always impressive, gave too many giddy feelings while in fast motion sequences. I since switched to a CRT (~370MHz pixel rate, a very fast response...
August 3rd 03 03:02 PM
by Default Go to last post
1 152
technical: ghosting on freeview by Stephen Neal
On 2/8/03 12:06 am, in article , "Default" wrote: What's the consensus regarding ghosting on freeview? Do you all notice it? I use the Nova-T adaptor to watch TV on my PC. I used to have a TFT (actually tried several with 25ms response times), but the results weren't always impressive, gave too many giddy feelings while in fast...
August 3rd 03 03:00 PM
by Default Go to last post
3 172
Remote control does not turn Panasonic TV on when (Panny) VCR timed by R. Mark Clayton
"Michael Webster" wrote in message ... VCR is NV-HS870B TV is TX-28PS12 When I have timed VCR (through VCR r/c) with TV on (by TV r/c), later turned TV off (by TV r/c)and then maybe days later try to turn on TV with its remote, it fails to turn on even though the light flickers. This results
August 3rd 03 01:16 PM
by R. Mark Clayton Go to last post
0 120
Pace Twin Software by Malcolm (itsonlyme)
On 3-Aug-2003, Roger Wilmut wrote: Pace have just updated their web page with the following Twin Digital TV Recorder Software Download The proposed download on the 4th-6th August has now been re-scheduled, sorry for any inconvenience.
August 3rd 03 10:48 AM
by Malcolm (itsonlyme) Go to last post
0 131
SetPal - tentative thumbs up by harrogate
"Alan" wrote in message ... In message , Staiger wrote A very short trial, admittedly. I'll keep you informed of its performance as time passes and the weather changes.
August 3rd 03 08:53 AM
by harrogate Go to last post
2 137
Replacing a DEC2000-T by Neil Deadman
I've finally had enough of this product messing my viewing around and have decided to replace it. Are there any boxes that combine PC & TV usage like this box does? Are they any good? If the answers to the questions above is no then I will probably go for the highly rated Nebula Electronics DigiTV PCI Card for my PC. As both the PC and TV are in the same room will I experience any...
August 2nd 03 10:02 PM
by Darren Wilkinson Go to last post
1 151
'Analogue' is the new 'Digital' by Steve
Analogue is the new digital. Its official !! The main benefits of the 'analogue tv system' are as follows: All the main five terrestrial channels are available free without silly plastic cards, and forced subscription (on top of the license fee) Near blanket coverage, so none of the reception problems associated with digital, even on portable systems (handheld receivers etc) Better picture...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 2nd 03 09:13 PM
by Charlie Pearce Go to last post
37 1,134
SetPal - tentative thumbs up by Staiger
Setpal are re-transmitting the upgrade number 65 until 4th August. Yep, got it, thanks. Staiger
August 2nd 03 06:32 PM
by Staiger Go to last post
0 128
O/T Pronounciation Question by Andrew @ Home