Post New Thread
Sony VTX-D800 is now out by Dave
"DAB sounds worse than FM" wrote in message ... Dave wrote: "CyberSOGA" wrote in message ... Thanks for the pics. Wheres's the optical output, is it the small "minidisc" type output by the power lead? ...
August 18th 03 11:00 AM
by Dave Go to last post
0 136
Question about digital tv signal 'extra' data by Raff
I understand that digital tv signals are mpeg2 standard (same as dvd), but how and where in this signal is other 'extra' information stored e.g. the programme name, time, whether it is an advert etc? Is there a good source for getting the actual format of digital tv broadcasts beyond the standard mpeg2 stuff? Thanks.
August 18th 03 09:37 AM
by Keith Duncan Go to last post
4 160
Sky minidish orientation by Daniel
Hello I've got a sky guy coming round on Thursday to install sky digital. I've got a feeling some trees may be in the way of the dish to satellite line. Does anyone know the exact angel (left to right) and levitation (up and down) the dish needs to be? many thanks daniel
August 18th 03 03:26 AM
by Ian M Go to last post
2 194
Help no itv stations by M Taylor
Bruce wrote in message ... Why on my Digital cant I get ITV1 ITV2 etc... all the itv's dont work (only show a red square) but bbc is fine..?? and all of a sudden by 4 teresrial channels are crap pictures - any ideas?? have just done a update and have lost itv, itv2,ch4 and channel 5 This could be local transmitter work, reduced power....
August 18th 03 01:06 AM
by Bruce Go to last post
1 159
'Hollywood in screen battle with BBC' by aa
Warner Bros, Universal and 20th Century Fox have called in their lawyers to sort out a dispute that has arisen from the BBC's decision to broadcast its channels unencrypted: the studios are concerned that their films can now be picked up in countries around Europe in which the corporation does not own the relevant rights. More from Media...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 18th 03 12:13 AM
by Jonathan Buzzard Go to last post
155 3,455
Stupid question by Bilbo Baggins
I am now going to make an arse of myself - but what the hell. I am just in the process of purchasing my first widescreen tv. My colleague at work says that analogue tv cannot receive widescreen broadcasts and to make the most use of my tv I need to buy a freeview box. I am assuming that this is bull because most of the programs I currently watch on the 5 standard channels on my Wsquare" tv...
August 18th 03 12:11 AM
by Vijay Go to last post
7 285
Are German and English televisions compatible ? by nws
Hello all, I found out that I can buy in Germany the Hauppauge Dec3000 which will enable me to view Hotbird and also to have a usb connection for high quality recordings on the pc. My only question is if German televisions are identical to UK televisions, otherwise it will only work on the computer in the UK but not on the TV, in which case it would not be any better than the wintv nova, which...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 18th 03 12:03 AM
by Simon Slavin Go to last post
27 802
FA: Netgem I-Player by CyberSOGA
Due to purchase of the new Sony in my on going set top box adventure, here's my I-Player for auction:- http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3041733845 CyberSOGA
August 17th 03 07:39 PM
by CyberSOGA Go to last post
0 171
High Quality Cable by Jaime
I was wondering if anyone had an opinion on using the following for a dttv aerial installation: http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/CAPF100B.html Thanks Jaime
August 17th 03 03:49 PM
by CyberSOGA Go to last post
1 168
Help no itv stations by TerryM
Bruce wrote in message ... Why on my Digital cant I get ITV1 ITV2 etc... all the itv's dont work (only show a red square) but bbc is fine..?? and all of a sudden by 4 teresrial channels are crap pictures - any ideas?? have just done a update and have lost itv, itv2,ch4 and channel 5 thanks Bruce
August 17th 03 12:50 PM
by TerryM Go to last post
0 195
TV-Out on PC Video Adapters by Keith Bailey
What is the perceived wisdom on the best TV-out performance from PC video cards? In particular, I am looking for proper 16:9 rendition & good quality. I know that, in general, TV-out is compromise from most video cards & that the best way to go is a standalone hardware MPEG2 decoder such as the XCard from Sigma Designs or Creative's Encore DXR. However, I'm not sure how this would work when...
August 17th 03 11:57 AM
by Stephen Neal Go to last post
2 155
ITV Digital Remote Codes by charlie
Does anyone have data on the original ITV / On Digital On-Mail Remote Control (the one with the fold open keyboard) to enable adjustment to control alternative TV receivers. Thanks, Charlie
August 17th 03 06:52 AM
by charlie Go to last post
1 589
Robbie Williams - Knebworth 2003 - Readme.nfo by joefish
Robbie Williams at Knebworth Date: 2nd August 2003 Source: Channel 4 UK (DTT Freeview) Duration: 118 mins Size: 4x 800MB Format: PAL 16:9 720x576 delaced. Bitrate: Max: 5000 Average 3200 (approx) Audio: 48/256 Highly recommended. A superb performance both from Robbie and the 120k+ audience.
August 17th 03 01:11 AM
by joefish Go to last post
0 176
Bad sound on UKGold advert by Dom Robinson
In article , says... Hi Have you had the same bad noise from the newish orange coloured adverts for UKGold programmes? If it not me then the person that came up with it should be put away in a home:-) I'd rather they stopped sticking the ******* 'press red' all over their
August 16th 03 09:01 PM
by Dom Robinson Go to last post
0 152
Satellite system by Ross
In message , billhum writes A local store is advertising a satellite receiver and shows the icon of the Astra and the Eutelsat satellites. It is described as an "analogue" device. Could someone tell me what I should receive on this and is it worth buying? Thanks.
August 16th 03 07:17 PM
by Ross Go to last post
0 150
Ondigital vs Freeview? by Mr Smith
Aside from the old ONDigtal / ITVDigital boxes being cheaper is there any other difference with the newer freeview boxes? Currys is currently selling a refurbished nokia box for 80 quid: &page=Product &sku=641639&category_oid=-15715
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 16th 03 03:38 PM
by Scott Go to last post
12 352
Goodmans GDB5DAB by Pete Newsman
Any info. on the eta. of this unit? Argos seem to be the only retailer advertising it but have none in stock and they don't know what's causing the delay. The Goodmans is due for a launch in late September. Listed in Argos to co-incide with their catalogue print schedules, rather than product delivery dates. I'll add details to http://www.radioandtelly.co.uk/freeview_goodmans.html as soon...
August 16th 03 02:22 PM
by DAB sounds worse than FM Go to last post
1 177
TV Advice by Andrew
Hope this is not OT for this group - if so please advise either web link or correct NG I am looking to buy a digital TV and having previously had a good experience with a Sony I thought I'd stick with the brand. In the shop I thought that the 100Hz gave a better picture than the 50HZ version - smoother tonality to my eyes, although perhaps it had a better signal. The sales guy then asked if I...
August 16th 03 01:53 PM
by Martin Imber Go to last post
6 213
Picture freezing - any ideas by harrogate
"Rob Kirton" wrote in message ... Newbie to Digital TV. I checked out post code for availability, purchased a Grundig GDT2000 Freeview set top box this morning, and had an aerial guy install new high gain aerial, and new run of twin screened coax. So far so good. However the BBC Channels are "freezing". ...
August 16th 03 01:07 PM
by harrogate Go to last post
0 162
Sony VTX-D800 is now out by DAB sounds worse than FM
Chimp wrote: "DAB sounds worse than FM" wrote in message ... For those of us considering buying it or the Pioneer could you give us a mini-review of what you think of it please? I've not seen one yet, but on paper it seems like the best on the market. A very well thought through box What do you think...
August 16th 03 12:11 PM
by DAB sounds worse than FM Go to last post
2 162
Post New Thread

Display Options
Showing threads 19181 to 19200 of 19633