Post New Thread
Nokia Mediamaster 9600S memory problem by chris L
This receiver used to work OK until loaded with additional Astra channels. now it regularly shows err 5 (= memory problem) and does complete system re-boot every 50s regardless of channel. There should be a memory re-fresh function (go to standby and press up+down front pannel buttons together until 'reset'displayed then remove power) but this doesn't happen, there is some sort of internal reset...
July 27th 03 05:24 PM
by Steve Go to last post
1 263
Lightning and aerials - LONG POST by Duncan Ross
Interesting post - if I can add a few points; Lightning ground strikes occur when the potential difference between the cloud and earth is allowed to build up to such a voltage that the resistance of the air breaks down and the air is ionised. To do this you need lots of volts just to get there and enough power (volts x amps) to actually get the work done. When this happens the resistance of air...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 27th 03 02:27 PM
by Les Hellawell Go to last post
13 637
Channel 5 starts big switch off by John Russell
"David Richardson" wrote in message ... (But it does indicate that if C5 has been taking their analogue transmitter feed directly off the D-SAT signal, they'll have to do something to sort it quickly!) Yes, it was from Satellite, further, they did it again this week, the people at Sandy will have to pay a SKY...
July 27th 03 11:24 AM
by Ted Richardson Go to last post
1 270
Pace Twin Glitches by Java Jive
I'm still having a number of problems with my Pace Twin, do these sound familiar to anyone else? 1) Freezing, as well described in Roger Wilmut's thread "Pace Twin freezes". 2) Missed recordings as already described in great detail here. I agree with ideas about disk space/fgragmentation being the most common culprit. 3) Lock up when using the remote, requiring power cycling to regain...
July 27th 03 08:52 AM
by Stradling, Ed Go to last post
4 346
One For All - Pace Twin by Rod
For those wanting a set up code for their One For All remote please follow below received email. The code is now at our offices in the U.K.. Our Upgrade & Exchange Office in the UK must do this service because they have the necessary computer software. This is free of charge (excluding postage). Please send your One For All (without the batteries and without the manual) to the following address...
July 27th 03 01:08 AM
by Colin Go to last post
3 436
nebula by Darren Wilkinson
You could drag the files onto the DigiTV shortcut icon. Nebula's media player is the same executable as the main tv app so it still tries to detect a pci/usb device tho. -- reply to chipsuar.chipsuarremove this at charitydays.co.uk "bev" wrote in message ... hi..i want to watch my recorded tv programmes through nebula's media ...
July 26th 03 11:13 PM
by Darren Wilkinson Go to last post
0 264
Nokia 9850T Software by Peter Geddes
Is there anyway to update the software in the Nokia MediaMaster 9850T? It's an older OnDigital box. Thanks Peter Geddes -- All incoming and outgoing emails & files scanned by Norton AntiVirus 2003
July 26th 03 09:58 PM
by Brian McIlwrath Go to last post
7 543
Freeview - Break up because of too strong a signal by De
Is it possible that I could get picture breakup because the signal is too strong? My aunt has lived in the same house for 3 years now and finally we decided it was time to do something about her arwful TV reception and bring her into the digital age with Freeview. Anyway withthe standard antenna the signal was too weak - so we went in the loft and changed it for a nice new 18 element antenna...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 26th 03 01:08 PM
by Clem Dye Go to last post
17 631
Nokia remote control help by Jas
Help I need to buy a new remote for a Nokia dtt box ( the original one). Where can I buy one. Do the one for all types work with it? Thanks in advance
July 25th 03 09:11 PM
by Jas Go to last post
0 232
English/Scottish TV... by Duncan Ross
Fed up with River City already..?
July 25th 03 01:09 PM
by Duncan Ross Go to last post
0 261
Winterhill East or west?? by Gordon
I live in south Cumbria so am I receiving E or W signals from winter hill, I need to know which band aerial to be buying to receive all the mux's Cheers -- See ya Gordon To reply take 'the_dog' out. Anti spam measures in force
July 25th 03 11:30 AM
by M. J. Powell Go to last post
8 357
Pace Twin alternatives by KingStew
I am looking to buy a Pace Twin around beginning of August but am put off by the problems as stated in this group by Pace Twin users. I want the functionality of the Pace Twin but I also want it to work as its supposed too! So are there any alternatives already out or near to release that I should consider? Thanks for your help, and Pace Twin owners please keep posting about how the software...
July 25th 03 11:22 AM
by Willy-John Go to last post
2 251
How to recompress/convert a MPEG-2 file with TMPGenc by martin dibb
I have a need to recompress/convert an MPEG-2 file recorded in 16:9 ratio to 4:3. Is there a way to do it using TMPGenc plus? Up to now if I try to load an ..mpg file I get the message "Can not open or unsupported". Any help appreciated. Mart
July 25th 03 06:24 AM
by martin dibb Go to last post
4 410
Dear Marge by Wrightsaerials
Dear Marge, I'm into flagellation, necrophilia, and bestiality. Do you think I'm flogging a dead horse? Yours Worried, Yorkshire
July 25th 03 12:32 AM
by Dave Go to last post
1 225
Viewing of some channels will cease soon... new message by Stephen
Just noticed an updated message thst's popped up on screen in my second digibox using an old card. It reads: FOR YOUR INFORMATION 'Your viewing of some channels will soon cease, Please call 08702 430604' Mmmm looks like an updated version of the old message. This message appeared on Sky News this evening around 6.30 pm
July 25th 03 12:19 AM
by R. Mark Clayton Go to last post
1 229
Amstrad Digi box faulty by IOOA
I have a Amstrad Digibox DRX100 that keeps losing the " Lock" i.e. the signal quality goes to zero on the signal test, and clears after a two hour switch offits not the Lnb as other boxes work ok on the same cable ok What likely to be faulty and what/where can I get a replacement part -- There are 11 kinds of people who use Email , those who don't know binary, those who know binary and who...
July 24th 03 09:45 PM
by IOOA Go to last post
0 237
freeview reception by john
I just checked the coverage detail for my area on dtg.org.uk, and although I maybe have to reposition my aerial (Transmitter choices are Mendips or Oxford), many channels are still not available (specifically BBC four and BBC radio 6. Is it just a case of waiting until these channels are available on local transmitters? Is there anywhere I can check when this is likely to change? Also various...
July 24th 03 03:16 PM
by john Go to last post
4 364
Lightning and aerials - LONG POST by M. J. Powell
In message , Les Hellawell writes Sorry if you think this a bit long but I think lightning is an interesting subject and, as it involes TV aerials relevant to the newsgroup. "Les Hellawell" wrote in message news:... "M. J. Powell" wrote in message In...
July 24th 03 03:03 PM
by M. J. Powell Go to last post
0 335
White Anglo-Saxon Protestants by Wrightsaerials
Yesterday Albert said, "I know you keep hitting the loganberrys when you think no-one's watching. Well, just look out for the wasps." Today I came home, climbed wearly out of the van and drifted across to the seductive loganberry area. Without looking I popped the first firm luscious fruit into my quivering receptive mouth. I was immediately aware that the loganberry was furry and was wriggling....
July 24th 03 01:47 PM
by Java Jive Go to last post
4 347
DEC 1000 by Mat Overton
Any reason to get a Dec 1000? Considering the price and limitations compared to a normal digy box, what's the point?
July 24th 03 08:15 AM
by Dave Fawthrop Go to last post
1 252
Post New Thread