Post New Thread
Rigger's Diary (even hotter) by Wrightsaerials
Next I called to collect a Sky box that had supposedly been repaired for me. Trouble was, they couldn't fix it. I'd had the customer (a pub) on the phone all day moaning. I took the unrepaired box and rung the pub to tell them that they'd have to buy a new one. To my surprise the miser in charge agreed. All week I've had an intermittent fault on a system serving about 50 houses. From the pattern...
August 9th 03 11:18 PM
by Orange Go to last post
1 284
Sky+ slow response by [email protected]
Hi all I have a Pace Sky+ box and have been experiencing a problem over the last week or two. When I press a button on the remote the Sky+ box takes anything up to about 5 seconds to respond. This can apply to changing channels, using ff/rw, or viewing the EPG. I have also noticed that when accessing the EPG and selecting the Sky+ planner the box seems to take a lot longer than normal to display...
August 9th 03 09:05 PM
by soundmix Go to last post
2 206
CBM Freeview contract terminated by Andrew Oakley
Crown Castle have terminated their agreement with CBM for Freeview channel 22 according to this item on DigitalSpy: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds11504.html Anyone know why? -- Andrew Oakley www.andrew.oakley.net
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 9th 03 06:40 PM
by Texxie Go to last post
15 425
ONDIGITAL HELP !! by Cecil Robert Bradshaw
I have recently acquired an old toshiba ondigital receiver. I have performed the usual channel setup and most channels are working fine. However i cant receive BBC interactive, BBC Parliament, Teletext or "free2play" . Does the box need updating to cope with these interactive services?? I do not have any smartcard in the slot. Any help would be much appreciated . Thanks Adrian
August 9th 03 05:45 PM
by HJK Go to last post
3 235
Will Freeview lose ITV1 and Channel 5? by Clive
Is freeview about to lose ITV1 and Channel 5. According to my local evening paper this is about to happen to freeview users - however I previously understood that this would only affect people who used sky without a subscription can anyone clarify?
August 9th 03 04:30 PM
by Mike GW8IJT Go to last post
2 149
Sky win Premier Football rights again! by John Russell
In all the euphoria on the TV one thing was nver mentioned. How much is this going to cost sky sports subscribers? It'a about time this was looked in to. In other matters the OFT considers the purpose of competition is about driving prices down for the end customer. It's as if it would be acceptable in all other areas to have competition at the "wholesale" stage driving prices up, these price...
August 9th 03 02:42 PM
by John Russell Go to last post
3 152
Rigger's Diary (hoist by a polyurathane petard) by R. Mark Clayton
"Wrightsaerials" wrote in message ... What an idiot! Comments? Bill Sounds like the time I tried to repair the air spring on my office chair. It stopped going up so I took the seat off and fiddled around with the
August 9th 03 02:10 PM
by R. Mark Clayton Go to last post
0 137
BBC/Sky FTA mess gets worse by Dave
David writes Tells us what we know allready in the main, but there is one paragraph that as further up set me. It says from 29th July I will get my local region of BBC1 at 101, but this will be for a short period only. It will revert BACK to London region and then I have to choose from the EPG list 941 to 958. Could you quote precisely what that paragraph...
August 9th 03 01:49 PM
by Dave Go to last post
2 200
Rigger's Diary (hoist by a polyurathane petard) by Dom Robinson
In article , says... New bin man What an idiot! Comments? Will he pay for a new monitor for me too? Mine's covered in the tea I just tried to drink :) -- Dom Robinson Gamertag: DVDfever email: dom at dvdfever dot co dot uk
August 9th 03 01:24 PM
by Ross Go to last post
1 151
Riggers Diary (immitation) by Mike GW8IJT
"Dave Fawthrop" wrote in message ... I got a new TV for my daughter, but it was too big for her room, so we passed it on to my sister, with the DTT set top box. The Retirement flats she lives in have a nice new DTT aerial and amplifiers, so no problems. I showed her how to work it (twice). Now I hear she...
August 9th 03 12:16 PM
by Dave Fawthrop Go to last post
1 153
hauppage dec2000t aspect ratio by Zlatan
Does anyone know how to fix the aspect ratio problem on the DEC2000-t? 16:9 pictures on BBC1 are displayed in 4:3 for some reason. Cheers.
August 9th 03 11:29 AM
by Zlatan Go to last post
2 169
Recommendations on Set-top boxes by Tex
"Roger" wrote in message ... Anyone know of a roundup / review of current STBs? Can't find anything anywhere. Should I wait for next generation? Or buy a cheap one now? Or wait for more integrated TVs to come along and hence have one less bit of kit? Roger Theres a great look at the Panasonic TU-CT20 he
August 9th 03 11:00 AM
by Tex Go to last post
0 128
Rigger's Diary (hoist by a polyurathane petard) by QrizB
On 09 Aug 2003 01:26:15 GMT, (Wrightsaerials) wrote: What an idiot! Comments? You really shouldn't make me laugh this hard at this time of day ... -- QrizB
August 9th 03 07:44 AM
by QrizB Go to last post
0 133
Rogers Diary ! by John
Roger I enjoyed the stories . Such a story teller . If you ever give up the high life you could write for a living ! I would not mind having you as my aerial man , John
August 9th 03 07:00 AM
by John Go to last post
0 182
Rigger's Diary (hot enough to boil a monkey's bum) by Wrightsaerials
It wasn't too bad first thing this morning. Only 25C. After the last few days it was quite refreshing. I called briefly at a job where the roof is surfaced with live heather (I kid you not) then went on to meet a lady journalist who has a professional need for digital TV but couldn't receive it. She lives in a block where we installed a new system three years ago, so I was puzzled. The complaint...
August 9th 03 02:52 AM
by Wrightsaerials Go to last post
0 150
newbie question on hauppauge by viewer
Just got hold of a PVR 250 from PCworld on approval since this particular package was already opened and rejected by a previous customer. My initial impression is unfavourable though this probably has more to do with a less-than-perfect signal in this area but I'm also not happy that the package comes with bits and bobs that I don't need and will presumably have inflated the price e.g. I don't...
August 9th 03 12:50 AM
by Darren Wilkinson Go to last post
4 185
BBC "Interactive" channels on Astra by David Quinton
I've found the BBC1 & 2 channels on Astra. Where is the "Interactive" stuff (and I use the word in its loosest, BBC sense)? I'm after the equivalent of DTT 701 and 702. Thanks. -- Games, Gizmos, Gifts and Toys from 'I want one of those' http://www.bizorg.co.uk/shopping/
August 8th 03 10:43 PM
by Charlie Pearce Go to last post
2 241
cheapest freeview box by WullieD00
"Clive" wrote in message ... any idea who has the cheapest freeview box (excluding ebay!) best ive seen is 68 for a grundig box from currys? can anyone beat this? Makro have Bush boxes for 49 (57.57)
August 8th 03 07:03 PM
by WullieD00 Go to last post
0 150
Stupid question what does Solus stand for? by D Mac
I know *what* they are - but what does Solus stand for?
August 8th 03 06:25 PM
by Tim Brookshaw Go to last post
3 197
Hauppauge DEC1000-t power requirements by Dave Fawthrop
What is the 12v watts/amps requirement for DEC1000? I have this for use in the caravan on 12V, and am having problems with voltage drop between the battery and the TV/STB. Has anyone measured the power/amps required by this box when using a 12V power supply? The adaptor says 0.62 amps but I would like a real measurement. I stripped the electrics on the van and then looked at the reference...
August 8th 03 10:22 AM
by Dave Fawthrop Go to last post
0 132
Post New Thread