Post New Thread
Minimum PC system for PVR ? by [email protected]
Keith Bailey wrote: As regards PC muscle a 2Gb P4 or Celeron is probably adequate provided you give it plenty of RAM AND DON'T TRY TO DO ANYTHING ELSE WHILST IT'S RECORDING. I've got an 800 MHz Athlon with 256 MB RAM and a 120 GB hard disk. It runs Debian GNU/Linux, along with the Linux DVB drivers. The 'VDR' (Video Disk Recorder) application works a treat. ...
0 88
New downlead cabling - advice please.... by harrogate
"Jonathan Buzzard" wrote in message ... In article , (Wrightsaerials) writes: As I said, you can't compensate for the disadvantages of a loft installation by using a bigger aerial. What are these disadvantages that cannot be compensated...
July 31st 03 11:43 AM
by Tim Mitchell Go to last post
2 130
Freeview 7 day listings by Dave
"John P" wrote in message ... "The Equalizer" wrote in message ... does anyone know when Freeview will start to broadcast a 7 day EPG. I have just brought the Pace Twin Tuner and am a bit p****d that i have to revert to typing in the...
July 31st 03 09:18 AM
by Dave Go to last post
0 107
Aerial Suitability - block of flats by Wrightsaerials
It's unlikely that a system serving only 6 outlets would have channel filters. Bill
July 31st 03 01:19 AM
by Wrightsaerials Go to last post
0 139
No EPG listings by bIOforger
Is it me or have the EPG listings been unavailable at this hour for the last 2 days or so on sky+ digi? and why? a reboot fixes, but its a pain in the arse to do this everytime it happens. I noticed this on a regular basis on normal digi sometimes to. Is there some monkey somewhere who has to update em at funny hours and isnt doing it atm? heh -- ~Regards~ bIO Some people have a way with
July 31st 03 01:10 AM
by bIOforger Go to last post
0 138
Freeview 7 day listings by Mat Overton
does anyone know when Freeview will start to broadcast a 7 day EPG. I have just brought the Pace Twin Tuner and am a bit p****d that i have to revert to typing in the srat and finsh times when i want to record a program You're ****ed off??? Imagine how Pace feel!!!!!! Still not much word on it, mind you I wouldn't take anything Freeview say very seriously.
July 30th 03 10:14 PM
by Mat Overton Go to last post
0 115
Freeview 7 day listings by NO LOGO
"The Equalizer" wrote in message ... does anyone know when Freeview will start to broadcast a 7 day EPG. I have just brought the Pace Twin Tuner and am a bit p****d that i have to revert to typing in the srat and finsh times when i want to record a program
July 30th 03 10:05 PM
by NO LOGO Go to last post
0 115
New downlead cabling - advice please.... by Jonathan Buzzard
In article , Andy Sinclair writes: Wrightsaerials wrote: However, back in the real world . . . Maybe he lives in a cathedral? I actually I have quite a shallow loft space in height. Now my sister could have half a dozen DAT75 aerials installed with bags of space left over no problem.
July 30th 03 07:13 PM
by Jonathan Buzzard Go to last post
0 133
Nokia mediamaster 9600S design error? by chris L
PS some additional info: Nokia have tried to help fix this machine and have upgraded the software to the latest version C13 but on their known working instalation can't get it to register a signal. They therefore conclude that it has a tuner fault. I found this result on some of the scan options (with the original software) but on others it did register a signal and I was able to proceed to...
July 30th 03 03:57 PM
by chris L Go to last post
0 262
Freeview: Picture break up on ITV1 and C4 by Robin Smith
Just got back from 2 weeks leave and find that just these 2 channels only are getting frequent picture break up that was not there before. All other channels are fine I have a regular aerial cable but this has always worked fine apart from the occasional passing unsupressed(and MOT'ed I guess) car which causes the usual clicks and squares Anyone know if anything changed or have the same problem
July 30th 03 02:18 PM
by Robin Smith Go to last post
5 1,040
O/T Pronounciation Question by [email protected]
sPoNiX wrote: What's the right way to pronounce 'Wega' as produced by Sony? I've heard some pronounce the 'W' in the name as a 'V'. Vay-gar r? Where'd you get an 'r' from?!
0 118
New downlead cabling - advice please.... by Tony Stanley
"Wrightsaerials" wrote in message ... But much more often it has proved impossible to obtain perfect reception on a loft aerial, no matter what the budget. As I said, you can't compensate for the disadvantages of a loft installation by using a bigger aerial. Bill
July 29th 03 10:00 PM
by Tony Stanley Go to last post
0 161
Satellite grade cable by Paul
Anyone got any links where I can buy this? Cheers, Paul
July 29th 03 08:38 PM
by CyberSOGA Go to last post
2 195
JVC AV28R25EKS service menu? by robpiggott
hi need to make a few adjustments, does anybody know how to access the service menu. thanks rob
July 29th 03 07:56 PM
by robpiggott Go to last post
0 233
O/T Pronounciation Question by Nozza
On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 19:36:27 +0100, "Edward Holt" wrote: What's the right way to pronounce 'Wega' as produced by Sony? I've heard some pronounce the 'W' in the name as a 'V'. ....and what about the "ega" part - is that egg-ah, or ee-gah?
July 29th 03 06:53 PM
by Nozza Go to last post
0 109
A very simple question - but could do with some good advice by Antony
I have recently moved house from an area that seemed to be right next door to a digital transmitter to an area that is now on the dark side of the moon. No I have not just emigrated to Scotland but in fact moved 2 miles across the lovely city of Norwich. I have moved from a house that had a perfect digital signal to one that now seems to have an aerial pointing in the wrong direction. The...
July 29th 03 11:16 AM
by Wrightsaerials Go to last post
2 141
New group for discussing Pace twin created! by Tony Benham
Warning that signing up for Yahoo Groups means that you allow Yahoo to forward your email address and details of which groups you read to third parties. the best way is to get a yahoo email address, then at least your main email address is safe. In practice, my yahoo address is the one I don't get any spam on. I did tick
July 29th 03 11:02 AM
by Tony Benham Go to last post
0 145
New Pioneer Freeview Box by Chimp
This looks even better than the new Sony Freeview Set-Top Receiver for free terrestrial radio and TV channels Optical Digital Output Dolby Digital Bitstream Output for future proofing RF loop through/modulator out Connectable with any TV without SCART connector Auto Quick set-up (It takes only 2 minutes) Auto software update New channels added automatically when available
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 29th 03 10:08 AM
by Ian Tindale Go to last post
11 738
New downlead cabling - advice please.... by Matt Larkin
Getting fed up with losing C4 (and ITV / ITV 2, but care less about that) each night due to changes in the weather, so I thought I might try replacing the cabling laid by the builders and aerial installer....... My aerial (as at my last place) is connected to the downlead by a large twist of the wires togtether (!) where it splits to two alternate TV points, which I guess is not satisfactory in...
July 29th 03 09:40 AM
by Jonathan Buzzard Go to last post
4 244
Recording problem from Freeview by John Russell
"news.icl.se" wrote in message ... Hi all, relative has a Grundig freeview receiver (small square silver one - 2 x SCARTS & phonos). 1 x SCART to TV, 1 SCART to VCR, RF loops from VCR to Freeview then to TV I think. Connected to Philips TV & VCR. Can receive all OK, can tape from Analogue, can tape from Freeview, can ...
July 29th 03 08:10 AM
by news.btclick.com Go to last post
2 170
Post New Thread