Post New Thread
Tivo RIP? by Barry Mung
my tivo is failing to connect when making the daily call. my brothers machine fails as well. this has been like this since last week! a friend says that the uk tivo service was discontinued last week! eeek! i hope its not true as id be lost without my tivo. can anyone confirm why the daily call service has stopped? boner
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 20th 03 09:57 PM
by Roy Donaldson Go to last post
27 839
Some news on Freeview CBM channel .. by Stephen Ali
The new address - although blank at the moment is: http://www.cbmmedia.co.uk/ I found http://cbmfreeview.tv/ a little inspiring. - Stephen
July 20th 03 03:44 PM
by Dave Fawthrop Go to last post
2 288
Rigger's diary - lightning by Rich
"Wrightsaerials" wrote in message ... Here's what happenned yesterday. Lightning hit the end of the roof of a block of flats. The milk lady was stood just below and she was knocked against a wall by the pressure wave, breaking several bottles. The building has a conventional roof with a loft space, Later we...
July 20th 03 02:29 PM
by Orange Go to last post
4 281
Nebula DigiTV question by Darren Wilkinson
-- reply to chipsuar.chipsuarremove this at charitydays.co.uk "Paul" wrote in message ... On the Technical Info/Signal Quality dialog what the the BER bar mean? Its the one next to strength and signal-to-noise ratio. It stands for Bit Error Ratio. The lower the better.
July 20th 03 11:50 AM
by Darren Wilkinson Go to last post
0 256
Nebula DigiTV question by Steven
On Sat, 19 Jul 2003, Paul writes: On the Technical Info/Signal Quality dialog what the the BER bar mean? Its the one next to strength and signal-to-noise ratio. Bit Error Ratio On Most of the channels i've tried the BER amount is really low like 0.0020 but on Radio 1 its quite high and the bar is half full. Should I be worried? Still sounds perfect to me but thought I'd ask anyway. It...
July 19th 03 10:27 PM
by Steven Go to last post
0 235
ITV, C4 & five now off new ex subs card by Steve
Ive just tuned to ITV1, C4 and five via my digibox and they are all now off. They are displaying a description box similar to that of the rest of subscription channels. And giving the number to call to subscribe. The card in use is a new one (yellow house featured on the card) and was obtained as part of my subscription to $ky in March 2003 (card sent as a replacement for the old one about to...
July 19th 03 09:53 PM
by IOOA Go to last post
3 267
DigiTV picture settings by Jaime
"Nigel Mercier " wrote in message ... In uk.tech.digital-tv, Nigel Mercier wrote: I change the Picture settings, in particular the Brightness, then later close DigiTV down. When I open it again, it has remembered the *value* of the setting, but doesn't apply it until I click the slider. Am I...
July 19th 03 04:33 PM
by Jaime Go to last post
0 221
sound suddenly gone from toshiba tv. by Sheila
Hi, sound on tv is always ok, then today someone puts a camcorder through tv to watch whats on camcorder.when Icome to view it, there is no volume on tv (toshiba) just available through camcorder. we have disconnected camcorder now, and tv still has no volume. it is digital telewest (in uk) and cannot get sound either on cable or terrestrial through ariel.
July 19th 03 01:08 PM
by Martin Angove Go to last post
1 250
ITV, CH4 , CH5 gone????? by Steve
No, they are still there, no probs....... Neo-Reloaded wrote in message ... i cant seem to get itv, ch4 and ch5 for the last hour. message says insert ur card. iam using ftv card, the new card got it in Feb this year. whats goin on ???????/
July 19th 03 12:00 PM
by Steve Go to last post
0 243
have to return everything to currys? by Dave
You can buy a repayment remote control from www.cpc.co.uk , www.grandata.co.uk or www.satcure.co.uk I would rather do that than trust the returns/replacement system of Curry's. Bewarned - then can take absolutely ages to process a return. "coulthard" wrote in message ... Hi I have a nokia media master free view box. ...
July 19th 03 10:54 AM
by Dave Go to last post
0 221
have to return everything to currys? by Dave
coulthard writes I have a nokia media master free view box. The handset has broken, so currys have aggreed to replace it. However they say I have to send back the free view box, cables etc as well. I have no idea why they need me to send back everything when its just the handset that is faulty. The problem is I have lots of cables and scart leads about so I...
July 19th 03 10:47 AM
by Dave Go to last post
3 319
Second reply from BBC regard lack of DTT by Lakeuk
Below is the second reply I received via my local MP to a question I had on why the local transmitter can't have digital. Dear Mr ****** Please find enclosed a further letter from the BBC regarding the availability of digital services in South Lakeland. This sadly does not appear to take us much further. I still remain dissatisfied at the current situation in which most people in South Lakeland...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 19th 03 10:21 AM
by Jim Barry Go to last post
15 631
Rigger's diary - lightning by Duncan Ross
From: "Aztech" Date: 18/07/03 14:13 GMT Daylight Time Message-id: "Wrightsaerials" wrote in message ... Here's what happenned yesterday. Lightning hit the end of the roof of a block of flats. The milk lady was stood just below and she was...
July 19th 03 02:49 AM
by Wrightsaerials Go to last post
2 263
Twins Rules - Sometimes by Richard Watkinson
'I had a gig in Hull tonight'... ....and when I returned Twins had faithfully recorded The Archers, Corrie, Eastenders and the Celtic connections on BBC4 Furthermore I remember watching some bits of Connections in January on my older Pace DTR 735 and the picture quality was far superior tonight. The odd crashes but no failed recordings yet other than one early on
July 19th 03 12:02 AM
by Richard Watkinson Go to last post
0 234
Sky News suspends journalists for faking story ! by Aztech
"CD" wrote in message ... http://media.guardian.co.uk/broadcast/story/0,7493,999743,00.html Oh dear, they seem to be learning from FoxNews, but in that case they suspended an anchor because she refused to read a story she knew to be false. Az.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 18th 03 10:17 PM
by ben Go to last post
11 564
Rigger's diary - lightning by Dave Gibson
"Wrightsaerials" wrote in message ... Here's what happenned yesterday. Lightning hit the end of the roof of a block of flats. The milk lady was stood just below and she was knocked against a wall by the pressure wave, breaking several bottles. The building has a conventional roof with a loft space, Later we...
July 18th 03 05:33 PM
by Dave Gibson Go to last post
0 229
Sky News suspends journalists for faking story ! by Neil Hopkins
On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 13:01:03 +0100, CD wrote: http://media.guardian.co.uk/broadcast/story/0,7493,999743,00.html The best bit is this : "One version of the report, which was shown in various forms between March 31 and April 2, ends with a close-up of a finger pushing a red button marked "Fire". But the BBC documentary shows that Splendid's missiles are fired by computer.
July 18th 03 01:22 PM
by Aztech Go to last post
2 288
2 metre Scart leads? by JWBA68
Does anyone know where I can get 2 metre scart leads? I can only find 1.5m 3m or 5 m. TIA Burkey
July 18th 03 12:32 PM
by Wrightsaerials Go to last post
7 426
Budget widescreen TV by Dean Edwards
It's time to get a new TV and I wasn't initially thinking of going widescreen. Then I checked online retailers and saw that the number of widescreen models outnumbers traditional format TV's, so decided to take the plunge. I'd like to use it with a freeview STB so presumably I need RGB SCART input to get best results. Apart from that I don't think connectivity is an issue for me. So far I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 18th 03 11:18 AM
by Ed Crowley Go to last post
12 540
have to return everything to currys? by Ed Crowley
"tHatDudeUK" wrote in message ... "Ed Crowley" wrote in message ... Currys = Dixons = Evil. Curry's, Dixons, The Link, Freeserve and PC world are all "DSG retail ltd" All evil.
July 18th 03 11:16 AM
by Ed Crowley Go to last post
0 240
Post New Thread