Post New Thread
Setting up and LCD. by Dave Plowman (News)
Can anyone give an idiots guide to setting up an LCD properly? One with adjustable back lighting. It was so much easier with a CRT... -- *If you can't see my mirrors, I'm doing my hair* Dave Plowman London SW To e-mail, change noise into sound.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 14th 13 11:24 PM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
19 399
Clever telly and broken audio pre-amp by Bill Wright[_2_]
I switched on my lovely big Sony telly and a strange message appeared. 'Searching for external loudspeakers'. Never seen that before. When the telly came on there was no sound. It's set up for its own speakers to be muted. It turned out that the audio pre-amp (a Rotel RC850) had failed. We've recently had two power cuts, plus the RCD firing due to a faulty kettle. For the time being I've...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 14th 13 12:12 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
15 634
No new HD services by Peter Crosland
No sign of them on Mendip, Freesat or Sky. Did I get the date wrong? -- Peter Crosland
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 13th 13 04:23 PM
by The Other Mike Go to last post
38 665
Can you do better than Boris? by Jim Lesurf[_2_]
In article , Brian Gaff wrote: Well, what the heck do these questions have to do with running an administration? About as little as Boris's own comments re IQ have to do with anything. Except perhaps for making the point that if what he said is accepted, then he wouldn't have the job of Mayor. Although maybe it amused voters to choose...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 13th 13 03:39 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
47 577
Film 4 by Dickie mint[_2_]
Firstly, my excuse is I never watch it! An acquaintance reports he can no longer get Film 4 on Freeview channel 15. Nor can I, on checking via a Humax 9200, getting the encrypted or unavailable message. Has it changed mux, got encrypted, or just got rehashed in the navigation tables? Richard
December 13th 13 03:12 PM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
8 156
OT. Blockbusters closing. by David[_9_]
All Blockbusters closing after this weekend. Regards David
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 13th 13 11:29 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
10 230
BBC News by Michael Chare[_3_]
In these days of multichannel digital TV is there anyone who can receive a version of BBC 1 but who can not also get BBC News (24)? -- Michael Chare
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 13th 13 09:14 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
19 347
Getting my Rotel fixed by Bill Wright[_2_]
Years ago when one of the Rotel power amps died I asked Eddie to fix it, and he did, very cheaply. I've known Eddie since the late 1960s, when he was an engineer for a local TV firm, Vallances, and I was a teenage aerial rigger. During the early 70s Eddie became the service manager, then Vallences were taken over by Rumbellows, who transferred all the rental servicing to far-away Leeds....
December 12th 13 10:24 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
1 261
News junky by Pinnerite[_2_]
Because I am a bit of a news junky, I flip between the four news services each morning. It's great to have clear HD images on our new 55 inch monster but I can no longer easily flip between all four channels because RT has not joined the BBC, Sky and Al Jazerra. Some people are never satisfied. :) -- ___________________________________________________ Mageia 3 for x86_64, Kernel: 3.8.13.4...
December 11th 13 10:30 PM
by Woody[_5_] Go to last post
5 211
TOT Caravaning by Dave Saville[_2_]
A good friend has bought a caravan. He needs cheering up. Many years ago one Michael Green wrote a series of funny books entitiled "The Art of Coarse Golf/Acting/Rugby" etc.. He never did one about caravaning, but anyone know of a humourous book about caravaning in similar vein? TIA -- Regards Dave Saville
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 11th 13 12:15 PM
by The Other Mike Go to last post
33 554
missing news item by Tim+[_2_]
Bill Wright wrote: http://metro.co.uk/2013/12/07/muslim-patrol-vigilantes-jailed-for-sharia-law-attacks-in-london-4221898/ http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2519519/Muslim-Patrol-jailed-harassing-couple-holding-hands-men-drinking-bid-enforce-Sharia-law-East-London.html ...
December 11th 13 11:10 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
4 216
Don't panic about FM switch off next month. by hwh[_2_]
On 10/12/13 10:18, tony sayer wrote: radio Hilversum was changed from 200 kW mixed to 200 kW V How odd.. I wonder if they changed the total ERP at all?.. No, 100 kW H + 100 kW V - 200 kW V. gr, hwh
December 10th 13 07:24 PM
by hwh[_2_] Go to last post
4 130
Scottish TV at the expense of the English and Welsh by Michael Chare[_3_]
I Scotland becomes a separate country how will we stop them from benefiting from free satellite TV paid for by the English and Welsh? -- Michael Chare
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 10th 13 12:04 PM
by Zimmy[_2_] Go to last post
147 2,261
Don't panic about FM switch off next month. by JohnT[_7_]
"Jim Lesurf" wrote in message ... In article , Mark Carver wrote: On 09/12/2013 09:56, Jim Lesurf wrote: It's certainly 'wrapped up' in something more contemporary I think, but peel all that away, and it's a NICAM stream inside. You'd have thought ...
December 10th 13 11:57 AM
by JohnT[_7_] Go to last post
0 183
new mux from Emley by Bill Wright[_2_]
Thereís a mux on ch32 from Emley. I havenít looked inside it yet, but as received on a Gp B aerial itís at -8dB relative to the rough average of the others. Bill
December 9th 13 06:02 PM
by Bob Latham Go to last post
2 158
Freeview glitches yesterday evening. by Brian Gaff
Did not seem to be any particular channel but the odd word was just cut out, even on the just background sound. Not my end as aerial in loft, so suspect the weater might have been involved at some point. Physically, how do the signals get to Crystal Palace? over microwave links or by cable systems and what might be common to most. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is ...
December 9th 13 08:49 AM
by Clem Dye[_2_] Go to last post
9 256
goodies for sale or for free by Bill Wright[_2_]
Steve Birkill, sent me this: I'm organising a near-giveaway sale of RF, TV and microwave gear in the next few weeks, here in Sheffield. Rather than trying to describe it in detail, I ask you to view this page: http://www.clusterphone.com/sale.htm I only need a few committed individuals to ensure all this stuff finds a good home. If I can gather enough expressions of interest I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 8th 13 10:38 AM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
11 475
Tom Daley by Woody[_5_]
"Brian Gaff" wrote in message ... And some will be wondering exactly why this is news in the first place of course. Brian +1 --
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 7th 13 01:24 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
25 551
Can you do better than Boris? by Roger Mills[_2_]
On 04/12/2013 09:43, Brian Gaff wrote: Well, what the heck do these questions have to do with running an administration? This is what is wrong with teaching today, not relevant to real world events. How many bears do you find in Islington?
December 7th 13 12:11 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
7 272
Channel Isles by Bill Wright[_2_]
Can someone remind me, isn't there something unusual about the muxes broadcast from the CI txs? Different services or something? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 6th 13 08:21 PM
by Woody[_5_] Go to last post
15 377