Post New Thread
5 later? by Brian Gaff
What is this going to be then? I saw it as a place marker on Freeview, well heard it but as my talking box only speaks the title it may well have words there explaining it which I cannot read. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 23rd 13 09:55 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
22 640
DVB New Zealand. by Grimly Curmudgeon[_2_]
On Wed, 7 Aug 2013 10:37:57 +0100, "David" wrote: New Zealand (uses MPEG-4/H.264 video; see Freeview New Zealand) Same as the Irish standard, then (also France and Norway and possibly the other Scandi countries). Will not the latest gen of UK sets cover that, too? I mean the ones where the chips are true world sets and not cost-cut to the bone?
August 23rd 13 12:09 AM
by Grimly Curmudgeon[_2_] Go to last post
6 259
Fim Four is moving by Ian
"Film Four is moving, if you can see this on channel 15, please retune your Freeview equipment, to ensure you continue to receive this channel." Is anyone else getting that message permanently on Film Four? I've deleted FF on channel 15, re-tuned, and I'm now getting FF on 791, though I could also still get it on ch 15 if I re-tuned again. Even on 791 the message is still there.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 22nd 13 03:12 PM
by Ian Go to last post
16 533
BBC Red Button HD via WinTV by J.Arthur.Rank
Hi all, I've got a Hauppauge Freesat DVB-S2 card, which I operate under WinTV. Unfortunately, all of the channel numbers it generates in a scan seem to be arbitrary Freesat channels, not the ones displayed on a standard Freesat set (i.e. 303 for this channel). Does anyone know what channel or method I can use to get this channel to work/record under either Hauppauge's own WinTV or, failing that,...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 22nd 13 09:45 AM
by The Other Mike Go to last post
18 532
start-up sequences in the 'old days' by Brian Gaff
What about the Anglia one though, Very handy when setting up DX aerials in the old 405 days though as on a Sunday morning you could get through several while these were running on all the stations. You needed the different content and music. As for why, who knows, but it was just how it was. Unfortunately its now totally boring bring back true independent regional tv I say. Brian
August 21st 13 02:32 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
6 182
unable to maintain moral fibre in a supermarket by S Viemeister[_2_]
On 8/17/2013 8:57 PM, Derek F wrote: On 16/08/2013 10:51, Norman Wells wrote: 'Like a pink meringue' was my favourite description of her. Try eating at The Mirage in Helmsdale. http://www.lamirage.org/ Unfortunately the original owner passed away years ago. We used to go there for a good laugh when we up there. They used to do really good fish and chips.
August 20th 13 09:43 PM
by S Viemeister[_2_] Go to last post
0 73
****ed off by Brian Gaff
I have busted my Achilles tendon on falling over one of those ever so well maintained footway inspections covers to that are never actually inspected that they actually are flat. so six weeks in plaster MR Council all over your stupid idea that every service maintains their covers, and as he asked me who it belonged to and I could not tell him he was not helpful. Oh yes while writhing in...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 20th 13 09:15 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
33 562
AD in I player on set top box/recorders with internet connections. by Brian Gaff
I am informed by many blind people that not a single one of these boxes seem able to locate the ad versions of BBC output. Now on my computer I have software that presents me with a list of stations and one of these says audio described, which h has all the stuff that is still available in that mode. so why can't the boxes do it as well. Seems to me its a software front end issue. Brian --
August 19th 13 10:57 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
1 167
New HD services: power output by Scott[_2_]
I have looked at the UK Free website http://www.ukfree.tv/txdetail.php?a=NS828647 For our transmitter I see that channel 32, described as com7, shows 9,400 Watts. Channel 35 com8 shows 12,500 Watts. Existing services are all 100,000 Watts. I'm wondering if this is definite or anticipation at this stage. If correct, am I likely to run into problems receiving these services about 20 miles from...
August 17th 13 06:01 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
6 258
Humax Foxsat-HDR green screen on HDMI by Andrew Hodgson[_2_]
Hi, I have just started to get green screens on the HDR with a HDMI connection to a Hitachi LCD TV. If I switch the box to standby and put it back on again, it works fine. I have been doing some research and the cause of this seems to be a handshake issue with the HDMI interface. Does anyone know whether this is more of a TV problem, or is Humax looking at this actively? Thanks.
August 15th 13 11:48 AM
by Sam Davies Go to last post
6 1,916
HD 303 list by Jim Lesurf[_2_]
Is there a list somewhere of what will be on the HD '30X' channels on DTTV? I'm asking because some recent Proms on BBC4 have also been said to be on HD. Or is this just satellite? Jim -- Please use the address on the audiomisc page if you wish to email me. Electronics http://www.st-and.ac.uk/~www_pa/Scots_Guide/intro/electron.htm
August 15th 13 12:08 AM
by Andy Furniss[_3_] Go to last post
5 189
I'm ashamed of my trade by Bill Wright[_2_]
Our customer of 40 years' standing has become very forgetful and confused so his son has started to help him with his affairs. It appears that the TV became mistuned (quite likely given the location, (Belmont, Waltham and Emley all available at decent strength) so the son diagnosed an aerial fault. The old man couldn't find our phone number or name but remembered where I live (but not the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 14th 13 11:21 PM
by Ian Go to last post
10 292
trade advertising by Bill Wright[_2_]
I had this woman on the phone the other day, pretending to be from a local council that we do a lot of work for. It was the usual thing, would we buy a ludicrously overpriced advert in a council publication? They're just contractors who do the calendars etc, but when I said no she hinted that we might lose the council contract! They say the same thing every year. I suppose I ought to...
August 13th 13 04:36 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
4 183
Who is responsible for 101? by Woody[_5_]
It looks like another government mess-up. I live in North Yorks but had need to contact NY Police a few days ago whilst in Sheffield. The 0845 number is no longer available so dialled 101 option 1 for 'other forces.' The options were Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Humberside, West Yorkshire and Greater Manchester. North Yorks was not available even though it does have a boundary with South...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 13th 13 11:33 AM
by Zimmy[_2_] Go to last post
24 406
Why? re-PSUs by Bill
I've just bought a new, 19", TV for the workshop, it comes with an external 19V switch mode PSU. After 15 minutes the PSU was so hot that it was not comfortable to hold. Why on earth can't manufacturers produce decent, efficient equipment? This cannot be good for the components, something, or somethings, must be running near to their limit. -- Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 13th 13 11:14 AM
by Paul D Smith[_2_] Go to last post
23 405
BBC biased reporting - again! by Steve Terry[_2_]
Martin wrote: On Fri, 02 Aug 2013 13:27:32 +0100, Peter Duncanson wrote: On Fri, 2 Aug 2013 01:06:55 +0100, Ian wrote: In message , Martin writes On Thu, 01 Aug 2013 20:45:22 +0100, Bill Wright snip Don't put your money on off shore...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 10th 13 08:32 PM
by Peter Duncanson Go to last post
14 329
Oh no not another +1 channel. by Brian Gaff
The ch4 movie channel, why, surely with film length stuff, it should be plus at least two hours! Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 7th 13 02:01 PM
by tony sayer Go to last post
56 606
OT. Computer to Monitor connection? by David[_9_]
Computer has DVi and HDMi outputs monitor has them too as inputs. (small HDMi on computer.) Presently got 2 adaptors into the DVi's and a D15 cable in use, and using the top Resolution of 1920x1088 (recommended) What are the differences between methods, I know DVi does not carry sound and HMDi does, but I'm not wanting sound to the monitor. Can see the DVi connector far more secure...
August 7th 13 10:29 AM
by David[_9_] Go to last post
4 192
Humax PVR 9300T & HDMI by Clive Wallis[_2_]
Hi, I've recently got an LG 32LN575-ZE TV and am using this with the Humax 9300T PVR. Works fine with the HDMI connection, but I've noticed that the TV doesn't automatically switch over to the PVR when the latter is switched on. No such problems with the SCART connection, except that the picture quality isn't as good as with HDMI.
August 7th 13 12:14 AM
by Ian Go to last post
5 693
UK completes 4G airwave clearance for mobile networks by Java Jive[_2_]
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-23500780# The UK's 4G airwave clearance is set to be completed later this Wednesday, five months ahead of the original deadline. Engineers are expected to sign off on work in the north-east of Scotland and the Western Isles, paving the way for more super-fast mobile networks. -- =========================================================
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 6th 13 06:22 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
28 462