Post New Thread
Sky At Night will move to BBC Four in February by Stephen
http://www.bbc.co.uk/ariel/24730131
November 13th 13 11:22 AM
by Davey Go to last post
9 409
New Telly Advice by Rob Gibson[_2_]
As much as I don't want to, it's time to pension-off my trusty 28" Sony widescreen CRT telly. It is still working, but too big for our living room now (and ruddy heavy having just moved it!). So, ideas and suggestions for a replacement? I was thinking of a 32 - 40" flat panel. Not plasma (RFI issues). Picture quality is paramount. Connectivity, looks, multi-tuners, etc., all secondary. A...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 12th 13 10:58 AM
by Steve Thackery[_2_] Go to last post
89 1,344
Mysterious bleeps night and morning by Derek F[_3_]
Earlier this year I began to hear 14 bleeps every evening at 7.30. I assumed that they were coming from the computer and at first thought it was coming from the BIOS or from some program that sounded an alarm. Not finding any reason for it I turned the computer off just before the time but the bleeps continued.. I had also found that it also beeped at 7.30am. When the clocks changed in the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 12th 13 10:17 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
366 4,955
Aerials by Brian Gaff
We have had a few threads recently, and it got me wondering about domestic aerials in severe environments. I'd have thought that even outdoor domestic aerials might need to be heated or at least protected in very cold countries etc, yet I've never heard of any. certainly the budget ones you tend to see over here which fall to bits through plastic death in five years would never take the...
November 11th 13 03:25 PM
by Brian Mc[_3_] Go to last post
5 200
ANother daft question - possibly. by Woody[_5_]
Daft question No. 514 Will a YouView PVR box work as a Freeview PVR without a subscription or broadband connection? If so are there any to avoid (notice a reverse question.) I know Humax are good but there are a lot of Huawei boxes around s/h; I have two Huawei phones which seem to be very good so I have no qualms about the brand but does anyone else?
November 11th 13 10:45 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
8 264
Digital Pain reliever by charles
Just come back from the pharmacist where I noticed a "Digital Pain Reliever" on the shelf. Is this what is needed to solve all our problems? -- From KT24 Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 9th 13 07:42 PM
by Derek F[_4_] Go to last post
48 1,039
not a test by Brian Gaff
I think this group has stalled on my machine.. Please do not reply to this it is for diagnostic purposes only. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
November 9th 13 09:47 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
2 193
TOT Petrol generators by Dave Saville[_2_]
Having a disabled wife and the dire predictions of coming power outages this winter I thought I might get a petrol genny to keep the gas fired CH going and maybe the deep freeze. I realise it would be a manualy change over. Any recomendations? I guess the startup current of a CH pump and freezer is not much. TIA --
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 9th 13 08:39 AM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
36 662
How to get a play broadcast by Mike O'Sullivan[_2_]
On 04/11/2013 21:45, Steve Thackery wrote: Mark Carver wrote: No, but she is excellent in the TV series 'Silk' and in 'The Village' as John Simm's character's wife. Agreed. She's a good actor, and strangely attractive. Actress.
November 8th 13 03:35 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
8 220
typical BBC pro-EEC bias by Wymsey
On Mon, 04 Nov 2013 12:03:42 +0100, Martin wrote: Don't believe all the crap you read in the anti-EU press. It seems reasonable to aim to reduce as much as possible the use of electrical energy and to inform the user how much energy an appliance uses. Indeed. The report states "to give a guide to the level of these
November 8th 13 02:38 PM
by Wymsey Go to last post
3 111
Freeview and internet programs on EPG. by David[_9_]
My SD Freeview on its menu has quite a few stations saying they need a HD TV. I have an STB that is HD Freeview if I add an internet connection to it are these stations operational? The STB also has something called zero TV which download over night. Regards David
November 7th 13 05:12 PM
by malj Go to last post
7 272
typical BBC pro-EEC bias by Bill Wright[_2_]
Dave Plowman (News) wrote: In article , Mark Carver wrote: Don't get me stated on motor cars with stop/start 'functionality' How can several hundred amps surging out of the battery, and the starter motor firing up every few seconds be efficient if you stand back and view the long term consequences of vastly...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 7th 13 09:04 AM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
14 295
Dynamic TV pictures by Brian Gaff
Now this was a conversation with a sighted person about a week ago. He pointed out that many TVs like Sony in the analogue days had a vast dynamic range on the picture. The example he gave was of a spotlight momentarily dazzling the camera also dazzled the viewer on a good quality transmission, but he claims, no lcd seems to do more than give a kind of flat medium bright effect on such...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 7th 13 07:25 AM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
48 855
Red screen output from Humax 9150 by Dickie mint[_2_]
Here's a weird one, reported on another forum. "After my recently fried PC I thought I should maybe try and protect the TV set-up so bought one of these http://www.amazon.co.uk/Surge-Protected-Aerial-Socket-Amp/dp/B000T9KFFM#productDescription Set it up today with coax going into socket and from there to Humax, then Humax power plug into socket. Turned on TV - fine; went to Humax -...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 6th 13 08:24 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
28 837
typical BBC pro-EEC bias by Mark Carver
Alan White wrote: On Mon, 04 Nov 2013 16:08:00 +0000, Mark Carver wrote: Don't get me stated on motor cars with stop/start 'functionality' On the one we had there was an option to disable it. Same on mine, and I do, but you have to reset it every time you (manually) start the engine.
November 6th 13 06:43 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
9 338
fault report just in by Bill Wright[_2_]
Mrs Joseph’s aerial – she has stated she can only get the old analogy channels on her t.v and the reception is ghosted. Her neighbour is worse than her on one side and she does not speak to the other. Bill
November 6th 13 01:13 PM
by I'm Old Gregg[_3_] Go to last post
8 155
Travel channel on freeview by Brian Gaff
So one might expect them to at least make sure that anything they are broadcasting is finished by the time their slot closes? No apparently they had a program on about a Florida airport last night and when their personal witching hour arrived, it just went away in the middle of an item. Is there no pride or attention to detail any more? Brian
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 5th 13 06:01 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
12 303
LG 42" LCD TV Screen Problem by Enrie Membership
Hi Does anyone know if modern large screen LCD TV's have a glass or plastic screen in front of the LCD panel? My 42" LG has strange markings on the screen. It's as if dust has got in the screen causing the strange marks/shadows. These marks are NOT on the surface of the screen. Please see picture below:
November 3rd 13 08:18 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
6 285
symptom of BBC backing away from global warming by Bill Wright[_2_]
Inside Out (Emley Moor) was about the theory that we are entering the next ice ice, and it's going to be really cold... Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 2nd 13 08:15 AM
by Mike[_21_] Go to last post
77 928
Yet another Freesat query - but a problem this tme. by Woody[_5_]
Thanks all for your input - everything works - ish. My F-in-L's old Sky box (Amstrad DRX400 or something like that) shows signal strength of about 80% and quality of 70% and never has a problem. I have just about the same levels here on the same type of box and I'm using a Zone 2 dish! When he lost his signal the other week (dish dropped due to flying ****ehawks sitting on the LNB) I...
November 2nd 13 06:10 AM
by alan Go to last post
6 215
Post New Thread