Post New Thread
Rigger's Diary (hoist by a polyurathane petard) by QrizB
On 09 Aug 2003 01:26:15 GMT, (Wrightsaerials) wrote: What an idiot! Comments? You really shouldn't make me laugh this hard at this time of day ... -- QrizB
August 9th 03 06:44 AM
by QrizB Go to last post
0 124
Rogers Diary ! by John
Roger I enjoyed the stories . Such a story teller . If you ever give up the high life you could write for a living ! I would not mind having you as my aerial man , John
August 9th 03 06:00 AM
by John Go to last post
0 154
Rigger's Diary (hot enough to boil a monkey's bum) by Wrightsaerials
It wasn't too bad first thing this morning. Only 25C. After the last few days it was quite refreshing. I called briefly at a job where the roof is surfaced with live heather (I kid you not) then went on to meet a lady journalist who has a professional need for digital TV but couldn't receive it. She lives in a block where we installed a new system three years ago, so I was puzzled. The complaint...
August 9th 03 01:52 AM
by Wrightsaerials Go to last post
0 141
newbie question on hauppauge by viewer
Just got hold of a PVR 250 from PCworld on approval since this particular package was already opened and rejected by a previous customer. My initial impression is unfavourable though this probably has more to do with a less-than-perfect signal in this area but I'm also not happy that the package comes with bits and bobs that I don't need and will presumably have inflated the price e.g. I don't...
August 8th 03 11:50 PM
by Darren Wilkinson Go to last post
4 178
BBC "Interactive" channels on Astra by David Quinton
I've found the BBC1 & 2 channels on Astra. Where is the "Interactive" stuff (and I use the word in its loosest, BBC sense)? I'm after the equivalent of DTT 701 and 702. Thanks. -- Games, Gizmos, Gifts and Toys from 'I want one of those' http://www.bizorg.co.uk/shopping/
August 8th 03 09:43 PM
by Charlie Pearce Go to last post
2 228
cheapest freeview box by WullieD00
"Clive" wrote in message ... any idea who has the cheapest freeview box (excluding ebay!) best ive seen is 68 for a grundig box from currys? can anyone beat this? Makro have Bush boxes for 49 (57.57)
August 8th 03 06:03 PM
by WullieD00 Go to last post
0 137
Stupid question what does Solus stand for? by D Mac
I know *what* they are - but what does Solus stand for?
August 8th 03 05:25 PM
by Tim Brookshaw Go to last post
3 187
Hauppauge DEC1000-t power requirements by Dave Fawthrop
What is the 12v watts/amps requirement for DEC1000? I have this for use in the caravan on 12V, and am having problems with voltage drop between the battery and the TV/STB. Has anyone measured the power/amps required by this box when using a 12V power supply? The adaptor says 0.62 amps but I would like a real measurement. I stripped the electrics on the van and then looked at the reference...
August 8th 03 09:22 AM
by Dave Fawthrop Go to last post
0 120
Cheapest Setpal box by Paul Ockenden
Anyone know what's the best deal ay the moment? Best I've found so far is 90 for a Daewoo at Argos. P.
August 8th 03 07:19 AM
by David Go to last post
4 167
Nebula tv card VS Wintv nova-t by David van Kemenade
Hi DJkus, I've got both Nova-T and Nebula cards. As Darren pointed out, Nebula software is maintained very well and it provides extra functions like recording whole mux, subtitling, digital text etc. On the downside, I've found that the Nebula seems to struggle a bit more in a lower-spec PC, even while recording in quiet mode. I've got my Nova-T working fine in a low-spec PC. The v2.15 software...
August 8th 03 06:09 AM
by DJkus Go to last post
1 143
Digital TV from relay transmitters by Niall
On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 14:26:15 GMT, "Some bloke" wrote: There are some DTT relays, but nowhere near the vast number of analogue relays. DTT is gradually making us all swing our aerials around to the main transmitter sites. I would have thought that at the time of analogue switch
August 7th 03 11:18 PM
by Wrightsaerials Go to last post
4 311
Hitachi TV - AV Setup Problem by Tony Simpson
I have a Hitachi C28WF532N tv - when I try to add a DVD player to it, the picture rolls. Try two different players - both work on different tv's - but still rolls on the Hitachi. I have a sky digibox and video connected to the tv. I should say that the DVD player did work perfectly on the Hitachi - then I moved and can't get the set up right. I think its obviously the AV setup - but can't solve...
August 7th 03 08:14 PM
by No Spam Account Go to last post
3 1,003
Digital TV from relay transmitters by harrogate
"Dave" wrote in message ... Retired_Paul writes Does anybody know if TV relay transmitters (ie. those which transmit vertical polarisation) rebroadcast digital TV or just the analogue stations. Some do (well Fenham does!), most don't. ...
August 7th 03 07:11 PM
by harrogate Go to last post
0 140
Digital TV from relay transmitters by Richard
"Retired_Paul" wrote in message ... Hi Does anybody know if TV relay transmitters (ie. those which transmit vertical polarisation) rebroadcast digital TV or just the analogue stations. TIA
August 7th 03 06:49 PM
by www.ttdown.com Go to last post
2 302
DD5.1 TV with single optical input but two sources by TrueBlue
I have a 36 inch Philips widescreen TV with DD5.1 Surround Sound built in (36PW9607). I also have Sky+ (which decodes DD5.1) connected to the TV's digital input. This works perfectly. The trouble is that I am thinking of buying a DVD player (not decided which one yet), which will also have an digital output. As the TV only has one input I have nowhere to connect it. Should I be looking for some...
August 7th 03 05:30 PM
by John Russell Go to last post
5 250
Video integrated Digital by Peter Crosland
Your best course is to buy a digital set top box and dedicate it to being a digital tuner for the VCR. I have a Thmpson DTI 100 for this purpose and it works a treat.
August 7th 03 04:48 PM
by Peter Crosland Go to last post
0 137
Digital TV from relay transmitters by Tim Mitchell
In article , Retired_Paul writes Hi Does anybody know if TV relay transmitters (ie. those which transmit vertical polarisation) rebroadcast digital TV or just the analogue stations. A few do, most do not. Which relay? --
August 7th 03 02:24 PM
by Tim Mitchell Go to last post
0 178
Video intergrated Digital by Chris Vowles
On 7 Aug 2003 04:56:17 -0700, (Michelle) wrote: HI, I am hoping someone can help me as I am stuck, I had my new Sony Integrated TV yesterday and I am trying to video the digital channel. I am able to tune in the analogue channels only into my VCR but not the digital. I have a scart connected to the TV from my video plus the RF connections. Does anyone know why I can...
August 7th 03 02:09 PM
by JohnFol Go to last post
1 147
DTT's... by user0
Currently I have a Terrestrial Aerial plugged into a digi box for freeview stuff...and when I scan for channels, I seem to get one set of channels on a low range of numbers, and then another set of channels on a higher set of numbers. The channels on the higher set of numbers (particularly Grampian) seem to show different adverts from my Grampian Terrestrial channels...am I picking up from...
August 7th 03 11:54 AM
by Tony Walton Go to last post
2 228
Should I replace my digital receiver? by Mothra
I have a Philips DTX 6370 UK Digital Terrestrial Receiver that I got free with On-Digital (remember them?). I still use it to receive Digital broadcasts, but the picture stability is often quite bad, despite the fact that I also got the ariel upgrade from On-Digital about three years ago. Sometimes the picture will be fine for days - other times it either freezes or goes into a kind of mozaic...
August 7th 03 10:19 AM
by Bob Go to last post
1 137
Post New Thread