Post New Thread
Mobile satellite by Stuart Turrell
I would like to have a satellite dish for our caravan, only a cheap thing that picks up astra 28.2. I will use my current digibox, and will be in the south of england. I used to know a place that about 7 or 8 years ago sold satellites that simply stuck to the side of your caravan/boat, and that is what i am after. Any ideas please? Stuart
August 25th 03 12:40 AM
by Wrightsaerials Go to last post
1 160
RTE in Northern Ireland by Jeff
Basically, I want to view RTE in Northern Ireland via Sky. However, Sky doesn't air RTE in the UK BUT they do in the Republic of Ireland I currently have a sky dish with a cancelled account. Any ideas on how to frig the system in order to allow me to view RTE ??? One idea was to get a friend in the republic to take out an 'Irish' subscription & then 'borrow' his receiver & card... would this...
August 24th 03 06:16 PM
by Jeff Go to last post
0 146
Different Freeview boxes picture quality by Neil Deadman
Maybe, but its only started happening over the past two weeks and before that all was fine. I'm replacing it anyway as I've had enough of the Hauppauge software. Just thought I'd check it out. "Alan" wrote in message ... In message , Neil Deadman ...
August 24th 03 03:51 PM
by Neil Deadman Go to last post
0 146
Some simple questions... by Simon
Hi, I know absolutely nothing at all about digital TV so if these questions are silly, please keep your laughter in private :-) (1) I have just got a Sony NX200 TV (a 'free' FQ75 upgrade from Sony) and it has a built in digital decoder. Do I simply need to plug in an aerial to receive Freeview or is there more to it than that? (2) Is there such a thing as a 'do it all' aerial or will I...
August 24th 03 11:27 AM
by Simon Go to last post
2 202
Hauppauge +Nebula DigiTV beta testers. by Paul Webster
"Darren Wilkinson" wrote in message ... I checked the Showshifter website just now and Gipsy Media Networks are looking for beta testers for their Showshifter DVB. It looks like you nova/dec*000-t owners might end up with a proper interface after all. Who is Gipsy Media Networks? GipsyMedia Ltd are the DigiGuide...
August 24th 03 11:19 AM
by Darren Wilkinson Go to last post
1 126
Hauppauge ?? DigiTV beta testers. by Default
Darren Wilkinson wrote: I checked the Showshifter website just now and Gipsy Media Networks are looking for beta testers for their Showshifter DVB. It looks like you nova/dec*000-t owners might end up with a proper interface after all. If you're interested their web site is www.showshifter.com Thanks for that, signed up already!
August 24th 03 02:50 AM
by Default Go to last post
0 177
AverTV DVB-T software update by herbs
There is a new version at the Headquarters site but I haven't tried it yet. get it here http://www.avermedia.com/cgi-bin/support_download.asp "TerryM" wrote in message ... I have recently visited the avermedia website and I found what looks like a new version of software for the AverTV-DVBT. I have downloaded the...
August 24th 03 01:33 AM
by herbs Go to last post
0 185
Matsu****a's new Plasmas with digital tuners in Japan by Alan
In message , CyberSOGA wrote Nice. http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/urltrurl?lp=ja_en&url=http%3A%2 F%2Fwww.watch.impress.co.jp%2Fav%2Fdocs%2F20030821%2Fpana1.htm
August 24th 03 01:09 AM
by Alan Go to last post
0 189
Different Freeview boxes picture quality by cheltspy
"Neil Deadman" wrote in message ... Will I get this with the Sony or will it be better because the Sony is a superior product? Don't hold your breathe , Sony can be just as troublesome.
August 23rd 03 11:23 PM
by cheltspy Go to last post
0 173
Lidl Satellite system by dufus
I have fitted a few of these systems for unsuspecting customers and they have a digital disque badge on the front. People are mislead thinking they are digital receivers, where as the digital is referring to the disque part(lnb switching) and a few have returned them to get there money back. Saying that it's probably worth that for the dish, so! You get what you pay for!
August 23rd 03 08:20 PM
by ArmandAlegge Go to last post
3 162
1950s ITV converter boxes by Wrightsaerials
My granny always used to call it 'ITA'. Was that the name they used at the start? (I know ITA was Independent Television Authority but was this the 'brand' name also?) It was usually called 'ITV' when I joined TWW in 1958. Some of our customers used to call ITV 'ITN'. Bill
August 23rd 03 03:45 PM
by Wrightsaerials Go to last post
0 172
1950s ITV converter boxes by Wrightsaerials
Has anyone a photograph or other details of one of these? I've got a missing link in the next bit of my website. Bill
August 23rd 03 11:32 AM
by Scott Go to last post
7 323
Feeview Boxes - any difference? by Dave Gibson
"Iain Mackenzie" wrote in message ... Argos have: 1) Pace box for 69 2) Philips DTR1500 for 99 3) Goodmans GDB5DAB for 99, and 4) Samsung SIR-U2001 for 99. Any differences in quality etc. between them? Thanks Iain
August 23rd 03 11:31 AM
by Dave Gibson Go to last post
0 137
Puzzled??? by Scott
"Stephen Peterson" wrote in message ... I live on the coast in East Anglia. The Freeview website says I cannot receive DTV. Yet my old Pace Ondigital box picks up all channels well! Further the DRG web site says that I cannot receive certain channels e.g. ITV2 ! yet again I can, Is it a case of pure luck or a strong...
August 23rd 03 11:24 AM
by Scott Go to last post
0 132
Lidl 39.99 analogue satellite system - the LNB by Mike Terry
Paul, Thanks. How is the noise factor explained in the LNB description? Mike "Paul Ratcliffe" wrote in message ...
August 23rd 03 10:43 AM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
1 149
Pace Twins made by Motorola? by Richard Watkinson
THe following 'information' has come my way. Start Quote... I thought the attached CNN item may be of interest in 'Feedback' on the PACE box. My son Ceri works at Digio in the US (he is also on the LWT subscription list). The following is a comment from him on the announcement: "The box is all Digeo - hardware design and software, it's being
August 23rd 03 05:00 AM
by Richard Watkinson Go to last post
0 118
Rigger's Diary: I could have died (again) by Dom Robinson
In article , says... Wrightsaerials wrote: Actually this happened years ago. I was putting a TV system in a large children's home . . .no, the children were all sizes, it was the building that was big . . .anyway, I was in the kitchen with the Officer in Charge having a cup of tea. The children were in the dining...
August 23rd 03 02:26 AM
by Dom Robinson Go to last post
1 151
Work From Home Legitimately by Lee Bales
*********************************************************** COMPUTER WORK - CLERICAL *********************************************************** Do you enjoy working on your computer? Use it to make money, while enjoying your work! Let us show you how easy it is with our proven system for success! You receive the Setup Package FREE and a 30-day Trial. For more information -...
August 23rd 03 12:24 AM
by Lee Bales Go to last post
4 156
Rigger's Diary: I could have died (again) by Andrew @ Home
Sorry for jumping in, but this reminded me of a tale about one of my colleagues in Newcastle, He had built up a rapport with an old lady and her family over a couple of years. Any products they purchased were delivered outside normal hours and often on his way home, on each occasion whilst installing the equipment the old lady would provide him with a mug of coffee and a bowl of nuts (peanuts,...
August 22nd 03 11:43 PM
by Andrew @ Home Go to last post
0 131
Pace DTVA sudden complete loss of signal by Dave Kahn
Pace DTVA box has been working perfectly for over a year. Suddenly there is no signal at all. The menus still work fine but no channels are found. I tried re-scanning, I tried resetting to factory settings, and I tried unplugging the unit from the mains and reconnecting it. No change. The aerial and cable seem OK because if I remove them from the SCART unit and plug them back into the analogue...
August 22nd 03 09:45 PM
by Matt Larkin Go to last post
4 215
Post New Thread