Post New Thread
Progressive Scan DVD Players by [email protected]
Keith Bailey wrote: I have a Hitachi TV which offers progressive scan & I use this for displaying normal TV broadcasts froma Freeview box. I know that this is really no more than a field store but it does improve the perceived vertical resolution. Does anyone have any first hand experience of a progressive scan DVD player in the UK on PAL connected to a display device such as...
August 6th 03 06:56 AM
by One2Go Go to last post
4 288
BURN?? by Ade
Gotta be honest, I just change to my Personal setting on Brightness etc and have it set to dark screen....just in case!!
August 5th 03 10:57 PM
by Ade Go to last post
2 140
Flat Screen Maintenance by Edward Holt
Someone recently told me that maintenance is required for some flat screen TVs every few years. Is that correct or has my friend been misled?
August 5th 03 10:40 PM
by Jonathan Buzzard Go to last post
6 185
Digital TV Picture Break Up by mlp
Just wondering do all free to air dtv boxes suffer from picture break up regularly. I have an old On Digital Pioneer Box and this seem to exhibit this a lot - the sound is an occasional problem but usually it's just the picture that breaks up. Would this be likely to be solved with a newer freeview box? TIA Marcel
August 5th 03 10:36 PM
by Mark G Phillips Go to last post
1 213
Belmont unwatchable last night by Wrightsaerials
Does that mean people to the south of London using CP are being afflicted with Look North? It would be pearls before swine . . . Bill
August 5th 03 06:24 PM
by Wrightsaerials Go to last post
0 134
Belmont unwatchable last night by Tim Mitchell
It's probably the weather, but around 10pm last night the signal from Belmont became almost totally unwatchable in Hull, both analogue (very snowy, wavery rolling pictures) and digital (normally 90% signal, box reporting no signal). Curiously the only channel which was still watchable on both analogue and digital was C5, which is normally the worst quality. I gave up and went to read a...
August 5th 03 05:54 PM
by Rob Amour Go to last post
5 218
Freeview picture breaking up by Robin Smith
Me too , and its usually when cars pass the vertical line of sight -rs "The Equalizer" wrote in message ... Which channels is this happening to? I live in NW London and have only 50% signal strength.
August 5th 03 03:56 PM
by Robin Smith Go to last post
0 147
Progress of Nova-T BDA Driver...? by Default
"John Hawkins" wrote in message ... Hi All, I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the progress of the Nova-T BDA driver: http://sourceforge.net/projects/bdadev/ It seems from the mailing lists that all correspondence (and therefore
August 5th 03 02:39 PM
by Default Go to last post
0 193
sky box office by Ian
On the Sky Box office channels I get a very dark picture. Any way I can fix this?
August 5th 03 09:37 AM
by David Robinson Go to last post
5 180
You & Yours on FTV collapse by Jomtien
(Simon Gardner) wrote: Today's 'You and Yours' on the collapse of FTV from satellite was not useful. One repeated factual error was to claim the BBC alone paid for FTV previously - thus ignoring the financial contributions of C4 and C5. A shame that the BBC spokesman didn't give more emphasis to the high cost of encryption services and the way that Sky alone determine...
August 5th 03 06:52 AM
by Jomtien Go to last post
0 128
DTT by Pete Newsman
Can someone point me to a link which reviews DTT boxes as it is time to move on from the digibox . . . . www.radioandtelly.co.uk/freeviewreceivers.html
August 5th 03 06:39 AM
by Pete Newsman Go to last post
0 126
Moving to West Wales..no digital reception what do i do? by Wrightsaerials
How about Llangybi ? The postcode thingy is usually very pessimistic. Bill
August 5th 03 12:26 AM
by Wrightsaerials Go to last post
0 126
Pace Twin Software by Richard Watkinson
In message (PaceTwinMan) wrote: Pace have just updated their web page with the following Twin Digital TV Recorder Software Download The proposed download on the 4th-6th August has now been re-scheduled, sorry for any inconvenience. As a result, the next Twin Recorder software download will take place...
August 4th 03 11:52 PM
by Simon Slavin Go to last post
3 151
Pace Twin Software Update by Malcolm (itsonlyme)
Yes - It was bust, so they pulled it. Now next Monday according to senior official at Pace. -- Malcolm - To reply change spam to ham.
August 4th 03 09:52 PM
by Malcolm (itsonlyme) Go to last post
0 104
Sky Digital E4+1 strange problem by luap bopper
Hi People I have a standard 4:3 TV and digibox set to letterbox format so "widescreen" programming on Sky digital is displayed with the requisite black borders on top and bottom. No problem up until E4+1 started. All usual channels fine but e4+1 has strange very narrow black and white blocks at the very top left edge of letterboxed image. Not a major problem but annoying as E4 (and all...
August 4th 03 07:57 PM
by Dom Robinson Go to last post
5 213
onDigital box Vs Freeview box by S
"Some bloke" wrote in message ... "S" wrote Is there a compelling reason not to get an old onDigital Box? Yes, many. They're old, slow, prone to crash, without any prospects of software upgrades or other support. Do yourself a favour and buy a new box. I recommend the SetPal, personally.
August 4th 03 06:38 PM
by Some bloke Go to last post
6 189
Update on FTV/FTA Sky Channels by Jonathan Buzzard
In article , "BobS" writes: Not for long! Keep praying. Better still write to your MP. BobS Just need the goverment to being the communication act into force. Though this would create some problems for the BBC as well. JAB.
August 4th 03 06:01 PM
by QrizB Go to last post
3 199
Sky+BBC in Canaries by Ross
In message , David writes "Paul" wrote in message ... i came back from tenerife last month and saw big brother being shown (on E4) in some of the bars. picture was excellent, dont know what size dish they had though.
August 4th 03 05:49 PM
by Ross Go to last post
0 142
Pace Twin Software by Malcolm (itsonlyme)
On 4-Aug-2003, K wrote: Pace have just updated their web page with the following Twin Digital TV Recorder Software Download The proposed download on the 4th-6th August has now been re-scheduled, sorry for any inconvenience.
August 4th 03 02:20 PM
by Malcolm (itsonlyme) Go to last post
0 110
FS: Sky digibox by lju