Post New Thread
TOT Petrol generators by Dave Saville[_2_]
Having a disabled wife and the dire predictions of coming power outages this winter I thought I might get a petrol genny to keep the gas fired CH going and maybe the deep freeze. I realise it would be a manualy change over. Any recomendations? I guess the startup current of a CH pump and freezer is not much. TIA --
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 9th 13 08:39 AM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
36 643
How to get a play broadcast by Mike O'Sullivan[_2_]
On 04/11/2013 21:45, Steve Thackery wrote: Mark Carver wrote: No, but she is excellent in the TV series 'Silk' and in 'The Village' as John Simm's character's wife. Agreed. She's a good actor, and strangely attractive. Actress.
November 8th 13 03:35 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
8 213
typical BBC pro-EEC bias by Wymsey
On Mon, 04 Nov 2013 12:03:42 +0100, Martin wrote: Don't believe all the crap you read in the anti-EU press. It seems reasonable to aim to reduce as much as possible the use of electrical energy and to inform the user how much energy an appliance uses. Indeed. The report states "to give a guide to the level of these
November 8th 13 02:38 PM
by Wymsey Go to last post
3 108
Freeview and internet programs on EPG. by David[_9_]
My SD Freeview on its menu has quite a few stations saying they need a HD TV. I have an STB that is HD Freeview if I add an internet connection to it are these stations operational? The STB also has something called zero TV which download over night. Regards David
November 7th 13 05:12 PM
by malj Go to last post
7 261
typical BBC pro-EEC bias by Bill Wright[_2_]
Dave Plowman (News) wrote: In article , Mark Carver wrote: Don't get me stated on motor cars with stop/start 'functionality' How can several hundred amps surging out of the battery, and the starter motor firing up every few seconds be efficient if you stand back and view the long term consequences of vastly...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 7th 13 09:04 AM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
14 284
Dynamic TV pictures by Brian Gaff
Now this was a conversation with a sighted person about a week ago. He pointed out that many TVs like Sony in the analogue days had a vast dynamic range on the picture. The example he gave was of a spotlight momentarily dazzling the camera also dazzled the viewer on a good quality transmission, but he claims, no lcd seems to do more than give a kind of flat medium bright effect on such...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 7th 13 07:25 AM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
48 831
Red screen output from Humax 9150 by Dickie mint[_2_]
Here's a weird one, reported on another forum. "After my recently fried PC I thought I should maybe try and protect the TV set-up so bought one of these http://www.amazon.co.uk/Surge-Protected-Aerial-Socket-Amp/dp/B000T9KFFM#productDescription Set it up today with coax going into socket and from there to Humax, then Humax power plug into socket. Turned on TV - fine; went to Humax -...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
28 807
typical BBC pro-EEC bias by Mark Carver
Alan White wrote: On Mon, 04 Nov 2013 16:08:00 +0000, Mark Carver wrote: Don't get me stated on motor cars with stop/start 'functionality' On the one we had there was an option to disable it. Same on mine, and I do, but you have to reset it every time you (manually) start the engine.
9 327
fault report just in by Bill Wright[_2_]
Mrs Joseph’s aerial – she has stated she can only get the old analogy channels on her t.v and the reception is ghosted. Her neighbour is worse than her on one side and she does not speak to the other. Bill
November 6th 13 01:13 PM
by I'm Old Gregg[_3_] Go to last post
8 151
Travel channel on freeview by Brian Gaff
So one might expect them to at least make sure that anything they are broadcasting is finished by the time their slot closes? No apparently they had a program on about a Florida airport last night and when their personal witching hour arrived, it just went away in the middle of an item. Is there no pride or attention to detail any more? Brian
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 5th 13 06:01 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
12 294
LG 42" LCD TV Screen Problem by Enrie Membership
Hi Does anyone know if modern large screen LCD TV's have a glass or plastic screen in front of the LCD panel? My 42" LG has strange markings on the screen. It's as if dust has got in the screen causing the strange marks/shadows. These marks are NOT on the surface of the screen. Please see picture below:
November 3rd 13 08:18 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
6 280
symptom of BBC backing away from global warming by Bill Wright[_2_]
Inside Out (Emley Moor) was about the theory that we are entering the next ice ice, and it's going to be really cold... Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 2nd 13 08:15 AM
by Mike[_21_] Go to last post
77 893
Yet another Freesat query - but a problem this tme. by Woody[_5_]
Thanks all for your input - everything works - ish. My F-in-L's old Sky box (Amstrad DRX400 or something like that) shows signal strength of about 80% and quality of 70% and never has a problem. I have just about the same levels here on the same type of box and I'm using a Zone 2 dish! When he lost his signal the other week (dish dropped due to flying ****ehawks sitting on the LNB) I...
November 2nd 13 06:10 AM
by alan Go to last post
6 209
Sky viewing card by Ian Jackson[_2_]
I've been given a Sky Thompson HD STB, and it works fine without any card as an SD Freesat receiver. However, it won't allow me to tune to the out-of-region ITV channels etc (like you can on a free-to-air satellite receiver), and seems to be locked to the ITV region where it was used a 'proper' Sky box. My question is, will a viewing card allow it to work unrestricted as a FTA STB (and with...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 1st 13 11:57 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
20 550
The child is father to the man by Scion
Bill Wright put finger to keyboard: Dave Plowman (News) wrote: In article , Bill Wright wrote: Yes, but it wouldn't occur to most of us that 'monkey' is a racial insult, You don't get out much, do you?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 1st 13 09:12 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
47 709
Aerial wobblies? by Brian Gaff
With the winds down here in the south, I'd imagine quite a lot of people will be in need of an aerial soon as the weather calms. I was told quite a few of the outside ones around here were swinging wildly last night. I do wonder why they need to be outside round here though. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 31st 13 11:17 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
44 578
Reduced picture quality on recordings by Derek F[_4_]
We have a Humax 9200T PVR (circa 2008) and also a Toshiba RD-XV48DTKB. I have never been all that happy with the Toshiba recording quality to HD now the Humax recordings are beginning to look rather like a twice copied VCR tape. Viewing directly from either machine the picture is still good. What reason for the loss of picture quality? Derek.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 31st 13 08:54 AM
by hawkins Go to last post
43 616
Another Freesat from Sky query by Woody[_5_]
I asked on here a few weeks ago if a Sky HD card with F-f-S viewing card would get the HD channels, to which of course the answer was yes. Now another two questions: I have the option of a second room Sky HD box that does not have recording capabilities (we don't need.) (a) Will that box work stand-alone without the main box and (b) does it need a viewing card of its own (indeed does it...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 30th 13 07:06 PM
by Woody[_5_] Go to last post
11 363
LNB bracket for Sky Zone 2 dish by David.WE.Roberts
I've found out what was wrong with the satellite dish. The clamp on the bracket (at the end of the arm) that screws down to hold the quad LNB in place is broken - the plastic pivot bit on the opposite side to the screw has snapped. I an looking for a replacement but not doing too well. The nearest thing I have found so far is
October 30th 13 02:21 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
3 653
Slightly OT - Samasung tablet and video by Jonathan[_2_]
I asked recently about connecting my Samsung Galaxy Tab2 to my Sony Bravia TV and with your help this has now been achieved. I have a video that I bought using the Samsung Video Hub app. I can watch this on the tablet and it is definitely downloaded because it runs with the Wi-Fi off. The TV cannot find it when I connect. When I search for a file with the name of the video on the tablet I cannot...
October 29th 13 08:56 PM
by Jonathan[_2_] Go to last post
2 160
Post New Thread