Post New Thread
More crap from the BBC by Phil Cook
Auntie to follow the race to the bottom comercials in adding a +1 channel. :-( http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-24442265 -- Phil Cook
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 18th 13 12:53 PM
by Johny B Good[_2_] Go to last post
167 2,001
More Sky queries by Woody[_5_]
Further to my question (now answered) about Sky HD and FTA channels, an ongoing issue. My F-in-L uses Freesat-from-Sky as he lives in an area of Sheffield where a good terrestrial signal only carries Freeview Lite. He is complaining that he is loosing channels - for example some of the news channels such as Euronews, Al-J, RT, and CNN but BBC News and Sky News are OK.
October 18th 13 12:37 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
8 335
Humax Foxsat HDR: Can watch a recording whilst recording twochannels? by Maurice[_3_]
If recording two channels at the same time (twin feed from dish) is it possible to also - at the same time - watch an existing recording? Have recently found some recordings are missing, and we've seen a brief warning message flash up on 2 separate evenings: "Recording (less than 30 secs) may not be stored." System Diagnostic says both feeds are detected.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 18th 13 11:53 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
16 317
C105 BBC 3 HD. by Tony[_17_]
"Coming soon Channel 73 CBBC HD: Channel 105 BBC 3 HD".. IMV BBC 4 HD would have been a much better option than the dross laden BBC 3.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 18th 13 09:07 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
46 1,420
theft some years ago from Postwick by Bill Wright[_2_]
Does anyone know anything about an incident in which radio equipment was stolen from Postwick, some years ago? Was there any connection, real or alleged, with Radio Caroline? Bill
October 17th 13 08:19 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
0 132
Quest 4:3 again by Bob L
10:28 last night - Freeview widescreen squeezed into 4x 3 This morning widescreen is back - BUT it is the 4:3 zoomed to fill the width - still long faces etc, and bits on bottom.top missing. And no it is not my set, all other channels fine
October 17th 13 02:30 PM
by Tony[_17_] Go to last post
6 205
Query on freesat by Woody[_5_]
Can anyone tell me, will a Sky HD box show the FTA and FTV HD channels on a Freesat-from-Sky card (or its HD equivalent) without having to pay a Sky subscription? My elderly F-in-L lives in an area of Sheffield where he can only get Freeview Lite, so I fixed him up with a s/h Sky box and F-f-S card. He is very happy with it but tends to watch some of the less glorious channels - Thomas Cook...
October 17th 13 11:18 AM
by David Kennedy[_2_] Go to last post
1 150
Saint John Vianney 8-19-71 by [email protected]
St. John Vianney says, "Man forgets the purpose of life. It is the sanctification of the Soul; the Goal, Sainthood. Children are not being taught this type of love. It is being skimmed over, omitted, and cast aside with human nature involvement. Also, satan is using mankind in many ways. He is diverting him from truth, God's Way." REVELATION DELIVERED THROUGH FRANCES M. KLUG ON AUGUST...
October 17th 13 04:39 AM
by Geoff Pearson Go to last post
3 182
BBC Climate Change Bias (not from Bill) by Ian
http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2013/oct/09/greg-barker-bbc-climat e-change-sceptics -- Ian
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 16th 13 07:15 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
72 757
Crystal Palace Mux 7 Testing by Mark Carver
Mux 7 seems to have been fired up today at Crystal Palace Al Jazeera English HD test loop running at LCN 794, on UHF Ch 33 it seems ? -- Mark Please replace invalid and invalid with gmx and net to reply.
October 15th 13 04:44 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
0 188
Quiz question by Bill Wright[_2_]
What item of electrical equipment has its most important quality measured in 'holes'? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 14th 13 02:33 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
105 1,374
Have the BBC screwed up their TV iPlayer downloads? by Ian Jackson[_2_]
Is it just me, or have the BBC well and truly screwed up their TV iPlayer downloads? Apparently, from 26 September, you cannot download anything without first installing their iPlayer Downloads program. You seem to have no option than to download a massive mp4 file (one hour being around 700MB, which takes for ever and a day on a 1.5Mb/s feed). To add insult to injury, some reason the mp4...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 12th 13 06:47 PM
by Java Jive[_2_] Go to last post
21 575
Fixing aerials in Australia by Bill Wright[_2_]
Here's a bit of an insight into the Australian installation trade. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fy3tix575xc6niu/i0G5fZjJd5 Bill
October 11th 13 07:53 AM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
6 205
4G interference by Bill Wright[_2_]
In Rotherham we are now getting a lot of problems with 4G overloading the communal systems. Filters are working except for the systems using ch60. So far we've been able to take these off Belmont and put them on Emley or Crosspool. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 9th 13 09:42 PM
by alan Go to last post
26 632
Only watching BBC iplayer by j brooks
After their son left home recently and went to live with his girlfriend, the parents practically never watch tv and they dont even watch BBC for the news since they think its only suitable for Guardian Readers. If they do ever want to watch BBC its only on iplayer after someone has recommended something to them. Then they plug a laptop into the tv to watch the iplayer recording on the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 9th 13 09:14 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
55 786
Cameron's Tory chum. by Ian Field
David Cameron's close ally Alan Lewis arrested over teenage student rape claim http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/alan-lewis-arrest-conservative-vice-chairman-2313388
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 9th 13 07:30 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
53 709
Just typical by Bill Wright[_2_]
I was facing a steel wallbox, about 500 x 600 x 250mm. In the box, screwed to the left side, was a diecast housing which contained some relays and a fuse. A long process of elimination had convinced me that the fuse must have blown. I say long because of access problems to both the input and output circuits of the box. The diecast box was one of those that have six little countersunk machine...
October 6th 13 10:31 PM
by Mr Guest Go to last post
8 200
Extended TV Warranty not issued. by Derek F[_3_]
I may have posted here on this subject previously but it is more ongoing than mysterious bleeps night and morning:-) I bought a TV on line from House of Fraser in July of last year. It was advertised as having a five year extended warranty. I could have bought the set from other on line companies for up to 40 less but for some reason I did not follow my normal way. The warranty did not...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 6th 13 05:10 PM
by Derek F[_3_] Go to last post
47 924
Icecrypt T2400 PVR - Is it really as good as claimed? by Java Jive[_2_]
Thinking of getting one of these: http://www.trustedreviews.com/icecrypt-t2400-1tb_TV-recorder---set-top-box_review_features-and-operation_Page-2 Anything I should know beforehand? -- ========================================================= Please always reply to ng as the email in this post's header does not exist. Or use a contact address at: http://www.macfh.co.uk/JavaJive/JavaJive.html
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 5th 13 01:55 PM
by Graham C Go to last post
14 523
Robbing the poor to give to the rich. by Ian Field
NHS: Government's 1billion raid on the poor to help rich areas http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/nhs-governments-1billion-raid-poor-2313440
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
20 378
Post New Thread