Post New Thread
I wonder how many copies of this complacent bull**** went out... by Bill Wright[_2_]
Dear Mr Wright Thank you for contacting us regarding BBC News. We understand you felt there has been too much coverage of the death of Nelson Mandela. We have received a wide range of feedback about our coverage of this
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 18th 13 11:05 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
64 769
DAB for Cars? by Dave Plowman (News)
In article , UnsteadyKen wrote: DAB doesn't seem to get much support among the motoring classes either.... Clods who post about radio in a TV group are not flavour of the month either. It's rather closer to being on topic than much of the ****e we get on here. ;-)
December 18th 13 09:31 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
2 179
confused by Bill Wright[_2_]
I was watching BBC1 SD in the kitchen. The residents were watching BBC1 HD in the dining room, with the subtitles on. Just before 8pm I got a brief local news summary. They got a weather forecast but with the London local news on the subtitles. Father blinked but said nowt. Bill
December 17th 13 12:20 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
7 245
While we're in the mood... by [email protected]
....to knock the BBC, I'm getting increasingly annoyed at the way the 'News' is used to promote their own programmes. Yesterday at 5pm I was watching the BBC News Channel as they covered the most important events of the day. And these we 1. Mandela's funeral. 2. Hospital consultants to be on duty 7 days 3. Rehearsals for SPOTY. Not the results, or even an excerpt from the programme itself...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 17th 13 12:15 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
14 575
Humax YouView and Audio Description by Jeff Layman[_2_]
Watched a film yesterday that I'd recorded a month ago. I was most surprised to find that AD was present. I checked the HY settings, and AD was indeed "On". I turned it off and watched the film without AD. When the film finished, I stopped it, and exited playback mode. The HY happened to be on 102 (BBC2 HD), and the film "The Duchess" was on. Amazingly, AD was on that too! I checked the...
December 17th 13 12:08 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
4 336
Closeure of FM radio in favour of Digital on BBC News 24. by David[_9_]
Article on this just before lunch on BBC News 24 to me seemed to promote DAB as being better than FM, do you think more bias Bill? Regards David
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 16th 13 10:54 AM
by Jim Lesurf[_2_] Go to last post
138 2,157
Today's Freecycle List by Davey
I have no room for it, but if anybody in East Anglia is interested, I can forward a link: Samsung DVD-SH855M DVD/250GB HDD Freeview recorder. Features HDMI and 1080 output. 6 years old. Boxed with remote/instructions. In working order but I was never that satisfied with the quality of HDD recording - occasionally playback would be a bit jerky, but I lived with it. -- Davey.
December 16th 13 08:37 AM
by Davey Go to last post
0 134
HUMAX HDR2000T and YouTube by vigman[_2_]
Hi I just bought a HUMAX HDR2000T. I am delighted with the picture quality and recording options. However, when using their YouTube app, items that are available on my PC's YouTube are not available on the Humax YouTube app? Is this a fault or licensing issue, please? Also if I do find a YouTube video I want to play, it often says "This file format is not supported"? I take it that the lack...
December 15th 13 05:59 PM
by alan Go to last post
1 503
Setting up and LCD. by Dave Plowman (News)
Can anyone give an idiots guide to setting up an LCD properly? One with adjustable back lighting. It was so much easier with a CRT... -- *If you can't see my mirrors, I'm doing my hair* Dave Plowman London SW To e-mail, change noise into sound.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 14th 13 10:24 PM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
19 386
Clever telly and broken audio pre-amp by Bill Wright[_2_]
I switched on my lovely big Sony telly and a strange message appeared. 'Searching for external loudspeakers'. Never seen that before. When the telly came on there was no sound. It's set up for its own speakers to be muted. It turned out that the audio pre-amp (a Rotel RC850) had failed. We've recently had two power cuts, plus the RCD firing due to a faulty kettle. For the time being I've...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 14th 13 11:12 AM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
15 625
No new HD services by Peter Crosland
No sign of them on Mendip, Freesat or Sky. Did I get the date wrong? -- Peter Crosland
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 13th 13 03:23 PM
by The Other Mike Go to last post
38 638
Can you do better than Boris? by Jim Lesurf[_2_]
In article , Brian Gaff wrote: Well, what the heck do these questions have to do with running an administration? About as little as Boris's own comments re IQ have to do with anything. Except perhaps for making the point that if what he said is accepted, then he wouldn't have the job of Mayor. Although maybe it amused voters to choose...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 13th 13 02:39 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
47 551
Film 4 by Dickie mint[_2_]
Firstly, my excuse is I never watch it! An acquaintance reports he can no longer get Film 4 on Freeview channel 15. Nor can I, on checking via a Humax 9200, getting the encrypted or unavailable message. Has it changed mux, got encrypted, or just got rehashed in the navigation tables? Richard
December 13th 13 02:12 PM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
8 151
OT. Blockbusters closing. by David[_9_]
All Blockbusters closing after this weekend. Regards David
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 13th 13 10:29 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
10 225
BBC News by Michael Chare[_3_]
In these days of multichannel digital TV is there anyone who can receive a version of BBC 1 but who can not also get BBC News (24)? -- Michael Chare
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 13th 13 08:14 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
19 336
Getting my Rotel fixed by Bill Wright[_2_]
Years ago when one of the Rotel power amps died I asked Eddie to fix it, and he did, very cheaply. I've known Eddie since the late 1960s, when he was an engineer for a local TV firm, Vallances, and I was a teenage aerial rigger. During the early 70s Eddie became the service manager, then Vallences were taken over by Rumbellows, who transferred all the rental servicing to far-away Leeds....
December 12th 13 09:24 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
1 255
News junky by Pinnerite[_2_]
Because I am a bit of a news junky, I flip between the four news services each morning. It's great to have clear HD images on our new 55 inch monster but I can no longer easily flip between all four channels because RT has not joined the BBC, Sky and Al Jazerra. Some people are never satisfied. :) -- ___________________________________________________ Mageia 3 for x86_64, Kernel: 3.8.13.4...
December 11th 13 09:30 PM
by Woody[_5_] Go to last post
5 208
TOT Caravaning by Dave Saville[_2_]
A good friend has bought a caravan. He needs cheering up. Many years ago one Michael Green wrote a series of funny books entitiled "The Art of Coarse Golf/Acting/Rugby" etc.. He never did one about caravaning, but anyone know of a humourous book about caravaning in similar vein? TIA -- Regards Dave Saville
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 11th 13 11:15 AM
by The Other Mike Go to last post
33 533
missing news item by Tim+[_2_]
Bill Wright wrote: http://metro.co.uk/2013/12/07/muslim-patrol-vigilantes-jailed-for-sharia-law-attacks-in-london-4221898/ http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2519519/Muslim-Patrol-jailed-harassing-couple-holding-hands-men-drinking-bid-enforce-Sharia-law-East-London.html ...
December 11th 13 10:10 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
4 206
Don't panic about FM switch off next month. by hwh[_2_]
On 10/12/13 10:18, tony sayer wrote: radio Hilversum was changed from 200 kW mixed to 200 kW V How odd.. I wonder if they changed the total ERP at all?.. No, 100 kW H + 100 kW V - 200 kW V. gr, hwh
December 10th 13 06:24 PM
by hwh[_2_] Go to last post
4 127
Post New Thread