Post New Thread
Crystal Palace Mux 7 Testing by Mark Carver
Mux 7 seems to have been fired up today at Crystal Palace Al Jazeera English HD test loop running at LCN 794, on UHF Ch 33 it seems ? -- Mark Please replace invalid and invalid with gmx and net to reply.
October 15th 13 04:44 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
0 183
Quiz question by Bill Wright[_2_]
What item of electrical equipment has its most important quality measured in 'holes'? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 14th 13 02:33 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
105 1,319
Have the BBC screwed up their TV iPlayer downloads? by Ian Jackson[_2_]
Is it just me, or have the BBC well and truly screwed up their TV iPlayer downloads? Apparently, from 26 September, you cannot download anything without first installing their iPlayer Downloads program. You seem to have no option than to download a massive mp4 file (one hour being around 700MB, which takes for ever and a day on a 1.5Mb/s feed). To add insult to injury, some reason the mp4...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 12th 13 06:47 PM
by Java Jive[_2_] Go to last post
21 552
Fixing aerials in Australia by Bill Wright[_2_]
Here's a bit of an insight into the Australian installation trade. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fy3tix575xc6niu/i0G5fZjJd5 Bill
October 11th 13 07:53 AM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
6 200
4G interference by Bill Wright[_2_]
In Rotherham we are now getting a lot of problems with 4G overloading the communal systems. Filters are working except for the systems using ch60. So far we've been able to take these off Belmont and put them on Emley or Crosspool. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 9th 13 09:42 PM
by alan Go to last post
26 607
Only watching BBC iplayer by j brooks
After their son left home recently and went to live with his girlfriend, the parents practically never watch tv and they dont even watch BBC for the news since they think its only suitable for Guardian Readers. If they do ever want to watch BBC its only on iplayer after someone has recommended something to them. Then they plug a laptop into the tv to watch the iplayer recording on the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 9th 13 09:14 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
55 734
Cameron's Tory chum. by Ian Field
David Cameron's close ally Alan Lewis arrested over teenage student rape claim http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/alan-lewis-arrest-conservative-vice-chairman-2313388
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 9th 13 07:30 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
53 684
Just typical by Bill Wright[_2_]
I was facing a steel wallbox, about 500 x 600 x 250mm. In the box, screwed to the left side, was a diecast housing which contained some relays and a fuse. A long process of elimination had convinced me that the fuse must have blown. I say long because of access problems to both the input and output circuits of the box. The diecast box was one of those that have six little countersunk machine...
October 6th 13 10:31 PM
by Mr Guest Go to last post
8 196
Extended TV Warranty not issued. by Derek F[_3_]
I may have posted here on this subject previously but it is more ongoing than mysterious bleeps night and morning:-) I bought a TV on line from House of Fraser in July of last year. It was advertised as having a five year extended warranty. I could have bought the set from other on line companies for up to 40 less but for some reason I did not follow my normal way. The warranty did not...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 6th 13 05:10 PM
by Derek F[_3_] Go to last post
47 902
Icecrypt T2400 PVR - Is it really as good as claimed? by Java Jive[_2_]
Thinking of getting one of these: http://www.trustedreviews.com/icecrypt-t2400-1tb_TV-recorder---set-top-box_review_features-and-operation_Page-2 Anything I should know beforehand? -- ========================================================= Please always reply to ng as the email in this post's header does not exist. Or use a contact address at: http://www.macfh.co.uk/JavaJive/JavaJive.html
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 5th 13 01:55 PM
by Graham C Go to last post
14 490
Robbing the poor to give to the rich. by Ian Field
NHS: Government's 1billion raid on the poor to help rich areas http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/nhs-governments-1billion-raid-poor-2313440
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
20 353
BBC TV rubbish sound levels and subtitles by Ian Jackson[_2_]
I'm just watching BBC1's 'Points of View', and one complaint dealt with was the sudden changes of sound levels between programmes - and particularly during the trailers. The response was essentially that there is a difference between amplitude and perceived loudness - and it's very difficult to get things right. Apparently new technology which will improve things is being tested, but it will...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 3rd 13 10:49 PM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
88 1,339
Attention: uk.rec.sheds now replaced by uk.tech.digital-tv forgeneral grumping by Steve Niven
Actually, no it isn't. Sod off.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 3rd 13 03:43 PM
by Phil Cook Go to last post
31 853
Quest 4:3 by Dave Saville[_2_]
The last couple of nights viewing via my Topfield 5800, Quest has displayed in squashed 4:3. Forcing the TV wide sticks until you change channel and back when it reverts to 4:3. Some of the ads display 16:9 but the progs switch back to squashed 4:3. All other channels are switching correctly. Anyone else? -- Regards Dave Saville
October 3rd 13 12:20 PM
by R. Mark Clayton Go to last post
9 219
A useful site for complainants. by Derek F[_3_]
This site has useful contact addresses for contacting companies and organisations. I used it to find the E-Mail address for House of Fraser CEO. http://ceoemail.com/ Derek.
October 3rd 13 11:12 AM
by Derek F[_3_] Go to last post
6 271
kingqueen by Bill Wright[_2_]
I vaguely remember a poster on a newsgroup that might have been this one called Doug Paulley, AKA kingqueen. Well anyway, he's been on Look North (Leeds) tonight. Bill
October 2nd 13 01:38 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
4 166
stream types in DVB by Jim Lesurf[_2_]
I'd like to start with a big 'thank you' to Rainer Scherg and others involved for dvbsnoop. Not only for the program/package itself, but for it being a nice example of the value of open source! Now on to my question... I'm trying to write my own 'pid sniffer' to examine the DVB T/T2 transport streams I've recorded so I can puzzle out why some behave differently to others. I've got as far as...
October 1st 13 09:49 PM
by Andy Furniss[_3_] Go to last post
1 169
freesat text service by Bob E
Haven't been able to get this for a few hours now, menu comes up but vanishes when selecting a page. Freeview is OK. Anyone know why? Bob
September 30th 13 08:35 PM
by Bob E Go to last post
0 156
Remote control death throwes. by Brian Gaff
I think my Goodmans Smart talk remote is on the blink. Despite new batteries I note that sometimes it won't operate on any buttons, but after a samack it starts to work, but the OK button half the time stops while other ones still work, and sometimes the down arrow or prog info button do not work. is there any point in looking inside or is it likely to be a knackered membrane keypad? Who...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 29th 13 05:42 PM
by Ian Field Go to last post
18 451
RT changes through Sky and Freesat satellite TV services. by Rick[_10_]
http://rt.com/news/rt-uk-satellite-operators-324/
September 29th 13 09:29 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
1 247