Post New Thread
Channel 4 oddity by Hugh Newbury
Ch4 appears on my new tv on DTV4 and DTV8. I think it was only on DTV4 on my old tv. And no, it's not in Welsh on DTV8! Hugh -- Hugh Newbury
November 22nd 13 04:43 PM
by Hugh Newbury Go to last post
2 188
current limited rechargables? by Mike[_19_]
In article , Roderick Stewart wrote: However, it's physically possible to connect lots of PP3s in a zigzag arrangement which puts them in series. You have to zig-zag the batteries to get AC, I think ... http://www.instructables.com/id/Mini-emergency-electricity-backup/
November 22nd 13 04:42 PM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
5 192
Muxes 7 and 8 Winter Hill by Mark Carver
Reports that they've been sparked up this afternoon, UHF Chs 31 and 37, carrying null packets ? -- Mark Please replace invalid and invalid with gmx and net to reply.
November 22nd 13 06:23 AM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
3 180
Just a reminder about the sensitivity of modern DTT boxes by Bill Wright[_2_]
I've been setting up some Humax boxes in the workshop. I wanted to use the raw Emley Moor aerial feed because there's a fault on the RF system that I haven't got round to fixing. The raw feed has no filters. Bilsdale comes in with very uneven muxes at around -6dBmV. I attenuated the feed by 30dB and the boxes were still tuning Bilsdale, and reception was perfect. That's ridiculous. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 21st 13 07:55 PM
by tony sayer Go to last post
15 403
Samsing UE55F6800 by Pinnerite[_2_]
I have just set one of these up. Impressive picture etc but when it scans for channels it ignores all the HD channels. I cannot fathom why. -- ___________________________________________________ Mageia 3 for x86_64, Kernel: 3.8.13.4 -desktop-1.mga3 KDE version 4.10.5 Running on an AMD 4-core processor
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 20th 13 06:07 PM
by brightside S9 Go to last post
25 762
current limited rechargables - Ben's verdict by Bill Wright[_2_]
After they got home... Mummy: That was an exciting experiment Grandad did! Ben: Yes, I didn't notice he was so clever before! Bill
November 20th 13 01:52 PM
by R. Mark Clayton Go to last post
3 173
Triax IR emitter (310013) question by Paul D Smith[_2_]
Anyone using one of these with a Triax distribution system and able to answer a couple of questions? I need a "consumer grade" IR emitter (i.e. one that look pretty!) to complete my for my Raspberry-Pi/Samsung TV project and this looks the job, but I can't find any specs on it. The questions I need answered, in order of need, a 1. What direction is the emitter pointing and can this be...
November 20th 13 10:16 AM
by Paul D Smith[_2_] Go to last post
0 190
Dear Bill by MikeS
I appreciate your knowledge of TV aerials and distribution systems and value your relevant posts as well as your web site. However, I wish you could restrain yourself from using the uk.tech newsgroups to post your views on hundreds of other topics. Why not send them to the Daily Mail where there will find a vastly greater appreciative audience?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 19th 13 10:56 AM
by Ian Go to last post
42 591
Humax puzzle by Davey
Originally posted in uk.~.pvr. I am new to the world of PVRs. I have a Humax-Fox T2, and I can't find how to successfully watch a program on a USB stick. I have tried just about every format I can think of, but the PVR always recognises that there is a stick attached, but never seems to see anything on it. It never shows it in the Storage list, even as a place to which to copy a program already...
November 18th 13 11:41 AM
by Peter Duncanson Go to last post
4 205
Didital spectrum, DAB and FM by David.WE.Roberts
Following on from TV based discussion on allocation of spectrum etc. which mentioned DAB radio. Some of my phones, and my latest Android tablet, provide FM radio which uses the headphone lead as an aerial. I haven't so far seen any DAB radio App for Android. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=965913
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 17th 13 03:19 PM
by tony sayer Go to last post
13 468
removal of archives by Bill Wright[_2_]
The BBC have gleefully reported that the Conservatives have removed a lot of pre-2010 material from their website. They use the word 'spotted' as if a crime has been committed. They did not report this at all: http://www.labour.org.uk/news-archive?c076b2da-a7a5-f434-9d91-aa2dc9db98cc=805 I can't find anything pre-2010 here. More BBC left-wing bias. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 16th 13 01:01 AM
by Yellow[_2_] Go to last post
19 378
Swiss aerials by Bill Wright[_2_]
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/Swiss%20aerials.jpg Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 14th 13 04:21 PM
by Ulrich Onken Go to last post
16 320
typical BBC pro-EEC bias by Andy Burns[_8_]
Ian Jackson wrote: I hope their next target isn't electric kettles, because unless heat losses are greatly reduced, this could result in them taking far longer to boil, and more energy being used. Can't restrict hoovers to 900W but still have 2.5kW hair dryers, so they'll be next ...
November 13th 13 12:41 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
1 90
Sky At Night will move to BBC Four in February by Stephen
http://www.bbc.co.uk/ariel/24730131
November 13th 13 11:22 AM
by Davey Go to last post
9 401
New Telly Advice by Rob Gibson[_2_]
As much as I don't want to, it's time to pension-off my trusty 28" Sony widescreen CRT telly. It is still working, but too big for our living room now (and ruddy heavy having just moved it!). So, ideas and suggestions for a replacement? I was thinking of a 32 - 40" flat panel. Not plasma (RFI issues). Picture quality is paramount. Connectivity, looks, multi-tuners, etc., all secondary. A...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 12th 13 10:58 AM
by Steve Thackery[_2_] Go to last post
89 1,308
Mysterious bleeps night and morning by Derek F[_3_]
Earlier this year I began to hear 14 bleeps every evening at 7.30. I assumed that they were coming from the computer and at first thought it was coming from the BIOS or from some program that sounded an alarm. Not finding any reason for it I turned the computer off just before the time but the bleeps continued.. I had also found that it also beeped at 7.30am. When the clocks changed in the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 12th 13 10:17 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
366 4,819
Aerials by Brian Gaff
We have had a few threads recently, and it got me wondering about domestic aerials in severe environments. I'd have thought that even outdoor domestic aerials might need to be heated or at least protected in very cold countries etc, yet I've never heard of any. certainly the budget ones you tend to see over here which fall to bits through plastic death in five years would never take the...
November 11th 13 03:25 PM
by Brian Mc[_3_] Go to last post
5 193
ANother daft question - possibly. by Woody[_5_]
Daft question No. 514 Will a YouView PVR box work as a Freeview PVR without a subscription or broadband connection? If so are there any to avoid (notice a reverse question.) I know Humax are good but there are a lot of Huawei boxes around s/h; I have two Huawei phones which seem to be very good so I have no qualms about the brand but does anyone else?
November 11th 13 10:45 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
8 256
Digital Pain reliever by charles
Just come back from the pharmacist where I noticed a "Digital Pain Reliever" on the shelf. Is this what is needed to solve all our problems? -- From KT24 Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 9th 13 07:42 PM
by Derek F[_4_] Go to last post
48 1,005
not a test by Brian Gaff
I think this group has stalled on my machine.. Please do not reply to this it is for diagnostic purposes only. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
November 9th 13 09:47 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
2 189
Post New Thread