Post New Thread
Fridge sending spam? by Ian
In message , tim...... writes "Paul D Smith" wrote in message ... Thats a TiVo. It records suggestions based on your viewing habits. I remember an American comedy programme where someone had a TiVo that thought he was gay :) ++++++ Indeed. When Janet...
January 21st 14 01:53 AM
by Ian Go to last post
0 116
Portillo: Friday 17 January by Scott[_2_]
I hope this is a legitimate cross-posting. Did anyone else have a problem with recording Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys on Friday 17 January? Using Humax HDR-FOX T2, series link, BBC Two HD. All other episodes seem to have recorded okay. PS. For members of uk.tech.digital-tv, I did threaten to post something about trains!
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 20th 14 10:49 PM
by Graham Nye Go to last post
10 241
Windmills in Winter ... by Bill Wright[_2_]
Arfa Daily wrote: So. Here it is. Bloody cold. Severe frost last night. Skies were so clear you could see right across the galaxy ... My mate has just rung me to say that he has just driven past the forest of windmills up the road, and not a single one is turning. So I had a look at Gridwatch, and the demand is high. And what is wind contributing ? - less than 1%. Under 500kW....
January 20th 14 05:35 PM
by The Natural Philosopher[_2_] Go to last post
2 175
PVR by Pure by Windy Miller[_2_]
The Pure Avalon 300R. Anyone got any experience with one of these? http://www.pure.com/product/avalon-300r-connect-vl-61771/#Overview
January 20th 14 02:39 PM
by Windy Miller[_2_] Go to last post
0 189
Selective subtitles on Call The Midwife by Dickie mint[_2_]
On another forum someone is complaining that programmes with narration and actor/presenter speech only have the actor/presenter speech subtitled. Call the Midwife is mentioned in consistently never subtitling the narration. I find this a stupid action if true. Why should the BBC (or others) think the deaf only want to know what the actors are saying? Have any of our deaf or partially...
January 20th 14 02:22 PM
by Dickie mint[_2_] Go to last post
4 205
TOT dog poetry by Bill Wright[_2_]
OK, I know I shouldn't pollute the rarefied air of the top-notch techy talk that suffuses this esteemed group, but I couldn't resist sharing these little verses by David Sedaris. If you have or have ever had a dog you will understand. Bill Pepper, Spot, and Leopold Were sent by God, so I've been told, In hopes we might all comprehend
January 20th 14 01:30 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
0 133
One for Bill ... by Scott[_2_]
Two aerials met on the roof. They fell in love and got married. The ceremony was rubbish but the reception was brilliant!
January 19th 14 09:57 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
9 258
Strange Happenings on Retuning a Digi Box by r brooks
Grateful for any advice on my situation with a Digi Box, when i've just done a *factory-default* on a Humax HDR Fox T2, which I did because i was missing some TV channels. I'm located in Finchley North London near a Relay Station, but my main transmitter is Crystal Palace. When i did my factory default the BBC TV programs were rubbish (picture breaking up). I remembered some advice to use a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 19th 14 03:42 PM
by The Natural Philosopher[_2_] Go to last post
25 755
Happiness can not be missed,Come here,you will live a happier life. by mark lilina
One word frees us of all the weight and pain in life.That word is love.Where there is great love, there are always miracles.its hard for single live alone,untimely want love…want to be in love and be in a romantic relationship with someone.If you are a single and want to love and to be loved , join the site- www.Millionairesinglesonline.org - ,it's the best and most effective dating site and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 19th 14 11:03 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
12 372
Recovering Humax zero length files by Paul D Smith[_2_]
If you spot a bug or error in the following procedure, please update this and repost for the benefit of others. This procedure should work for both SD and HD files but I believe for SD you can probably ignore all the Foxy related stuff and jump straight to step 6. The think to look for is if your program lists with "ENC" next to it, it is encrypted and you will need steps 1-5. Here's how -...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 18th 14 06:11 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
28 431
Broadcasting duration by Davey
Who decides when a TV program has finished, as far as a PVR is concerned? My new Humax-Fox recently decided that the last episode of Inspector Montalbano had finished several minutes before the actual end, and that was with a 5-minute padding time. Then last night, with a 10-minute padding time set up, the longest available, it stopped recording Ripper Street while the credits and 'Next Week ..'...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 18th 14 03:42 PM
by tim...... Go to last post
128 1,126
Worth keeping an eye on this bloke for a bit. by Colin Stamp[_2_]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEOxix7-kXk I can't believe he just wandered in and they gave it to him! The teardown should be interesting when it comes though. Cheers, Colin.
January 17th 14 08:45 PM
by Colin Stamp[_2_] Go to last post
8 235
BBC iPlayer "Precondition Failed" by Stephen
BBC iPlayer has not been working since this morning, and I get this error message when I try to play something: "Precondition Failed Precondition on the request for the URL /iplayerstream/secure_auth/1500kbps_stb/modav/bUnknownlong string of numbers.mp4 evaluated to false." Does anyone know what it means or what I can do about it? Repowering the box and replugging the network makes no...
January 17th 14 07:34 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
8 484
ĘDo I need this aerial lead connected any more? by Dave Saville[_2_]
Our TV is an old analog only. I drive it from a Topfield PVR. Is there any point in connecting the RF from the Toppy to the TV? In the interests of a tidy up. Would it upset anything on the Toppy? TIA -- Regards Dave Saville
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 17th 14 06:35 PM
by alan Go to last post
17 459
Local TV versus the local relays by Bill Wright[_2_]
I'm wondering if this potential problem will be acknowledged by the powers-that-be. Local TV from Crosspool (Sheffield) will use ch55, which is also used by the Wincobank relay. The Wincobank relay is used at a lot of locations because of multipath on Crosspool signals. No doubt in some cases people will be able to switch from Winco to Crosspool, but even so... The situation is similar at...
January 17th 14 08:14 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
5 140
sky adverts by Andy Burns[_8_]
Sky HD+ boxes are apparently set to download targeted adverts to hard disk, and play them instead of the normal ad breaks while watching live TV http://www.skymedia.co.uk/sky-adsmart/about-sky-adsmart.aspx
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 16th 14 08:14 PM
by tim...... Go to last post
13 234
Local muxes and frequency planning.... by [email protected]
Anyone notice that Sutton Coldfield, Oxford, Hannington, Ridge Hill and Wrekin are all using ch 51 for the planned respective local tv muxes? Sandy Heath already uses ch 51 for one of the COM muxes..... I fear interesting times ahead particularly for those who can recieve two different transmitters.....
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 16th 14 07:20 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
15 503
TV distribution system project by Bill Wright[_2_]
My own TV distribution system was in need of attention. It had a lot of minor faults. Then I learnt about muxes 7 and 8, and the local transmissions, none of which would be carried by the system without modification. Being more-or-less retired I decided I had the time to do something about it. However I didn’t want to spend money on it. So I decided to do the whole thing from bits and bobs...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 16th 14 12:32 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
75 914
Dad's Army in HD by Tweed[_2_]
Dad's Army on BBC2 HD tonight is listed as being an HD originated programme. Does anyone how it can be in HD as I thought it was shot in the studio on SD colour cameras. It's not one of the filmed episodes. (Except for some of the outside scenes) The picture looks noticeably sharper than the average Dad's Army episode. Tonight's episode is entitled "Manhunt".
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 15th 14 04:22 PM
by Ian Jackson[_2_] Go to last post
42 845
gap in messages by Bill Wright[_2_]
I didn't get a message from this group between last night at 23.36 and 11.06 today. This is most unusual. Did everyone shut up or is there a fault? Bill
January 14th 14 10:05 PM
by R. Mark Clayton Go to last post
9 187
Post New Thread