Post New Thread
Where did they go? by pete
Having an integrated digital TV and an outside aerial was fine during the summer, however the signal for the ITV stations (ITV1 and 2, Channel 4 and ITN News channel) has gone. I tried retuning the TV twice to no avail. If I get a booster box is this likley to restore the lost channels, or is there something else I should do? PS I live Glenfield/Groby Area of Leicester. Thanks Pete
November 10th 03 05:01 PM
by BillR Go to last post
3 301
Hauppauge WinTV Nova-t to DVD problems by Moldy
Hi, hope someone can help! I have captured some footage from C4 and cut the ads using Womble. I then imported this into Ulead DVD MovieFactory and it started to re-encode it even though I had set it to not re-encode compliant MPG. I then tried to import into TMPGEnc DVD Author but this tells me that the file has a bitrate of 15000 which is beyond the DVD standard of 9800.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 10th 03 10:22 AM
by Moldy Go to last post
23 650
Philips DTR1500, The Hits and TMF by Bluestars
"Andrew Hodgson" wrote in message ... Hi all, Has anyone else experienced breakup of video/audio on both these chanels? (The Hits and TMF) Is it happening just now or some time previously? If it was some weeks ago could it have been due to the co-channel interference that was prevalent at that time.
November 10th 03 10:19 AM
by Richard Go to last post
5 216
Best way of joining two MPEG2 streams? by Tony H
Can anyone help me please? I am looking for the best software to join two video streams together. Both files are of the same bitrate and type etc... I just need them to be joined to create a new single file. Thanks Tony
November 9th 03 11:13 PM
by Darren Wilkinson Go to last post
4 251
DigiTV To DVD by Papua
I have a philips DVD recorder and want to remove the adverts from recordings made on DVD+RW and burn them via a PC with DVD+R. Is there any program that will allow the removal of program sections in the VOB files or do I have to go through say DVD2AVI to create AVI files and then edit and then use an authoring package to create the DVD? What DVD authoring packages are recommended, I've tried...
November 9th 03 11:09 PM
by Darren Wilkinson Go to last post
3 186
[Help] Sync problem by Lucius Snow
Hello all, I downloaded a concert captured from digital TV (DVB) in MPG (MPEG 2 for video / MPEG 1 Layer 2 for sound). The format is PAL. It plays fine on WinDVD and Windows media player. I'd like to make a DVD with it but i get a progressive desynchronisation at the rendering (using DVD architect for authoring). I tried DVDlab too but it can't accept the file since it's not DVD compliant. By...
November 9th 03 02:52 PM
by Lucius Snow Go to last post
0 146
Re-routing by simon
I've just moved into a new house (5 years old) with Sky installed. I am currently subscribed to Sky from my previous house and when plugged in everything works fine. Now here's my problem. The only Satellite socket in the house is in a small room that we will not be using as our living room so I need to move / install a socket in the main room. This room is at least 30 metres away. The house has...
November 9th 03 02:44 PM
by Dave Fawthrop Go to last post
6 208
HP MediaMVP - First Impressions (long) by Ronald Marlowe
My new Hauppauge MediaMVP arrived this morning (http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/downloads/mediamvp_datasheet.pdf) from www.dabs.com. Overall, first impressions are *extremely* favourable. I've been searching for a PC-based "Freeview PVR" solution for quite a while and this little baby might just be the answer. The unit is about the size of a portable CD-player and comes equipped with a Remote...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 9th 03 11:06 AM
by jim howat Go to last post
15 602
OT - Freeview PCI card by GJP
Hello. Anyone have any info on these? Ive seen one in the PC pro mag, but not much info on it. Are they anygood? Ta G.
November 9th 03 08:47 AM
by Paul Webster Go to last post
7 191
Hauppauge MediaMVP by Andrew
Hi, not sure this was the best group, im interested in getting video recorded from the Nova-T card to the TV via the mediamvp. It seemed like a good way to do it as the TV out and a video sender do not produce great output. Does anyone know if the mediamvp will play files recorded from the Nova-t, and also does anyone know if you can customise the menus on the box.
November 9th 03 04:05 AM
by SolarCurve Go to last post
5 228
BBC3 Flops Again by DAB sounds worse than FM
http://media.guardian.co.uk/broadcast/story/0,7493,1077629,00.html Fightbox with 6,000 viewers and costing on average 136 per viewer per episode. Vinnie with 10,000 viewers. It's not good is it?... --
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 8th 03 10:25 PM
by R. Mark Clayton Go to last post
22 624
Lodos freeview box by Jon
Just seen in our local Savacentre a Lodos DTT box at 50. Does anyone know if it's any good? I don't know the name but it is very reasonable and I wanted an inexpensive box as a present for the in-laws. Cheers Jon --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
November 8th 03 09:18 PM
by Mike Go to last post
8 403
Next upgrade for Pace DTVA Nov 12th-15th by Doyler
As above in subject - according to their speedy email customer service service. Don' t know if this info is available elsewhere or people are interested, but didn't want to keep it to myself. Cheers, Doyler
November 8th 03 04:25 PM
by Alex Quant Go to last post
2 453
BT digital boxes - is the expensive one the Netgim? by CyberSOGA
It's the netgem customised to work with BT Internet, with links to BT internet content etc. I havn't actually seen one but I can guarantee that's what it is. CyberSOGA "Andrew Hodgson" wrote in message ... Hi,
November 8th 03 09:00 AM
by CyberSOGA Go to last post
0 170
Is freeview available? by Not Me
Hi, Just wondering if it would be in any way possible for a friend to get freeview. We have tested a pace box on his current aerial to no avail, and the postcode check comes up negative. However, A location quite close (under 700metres) by is marked as ok by the postcode checker, and that area is much lower to ground than my friends. So is 700 metres a large distance in terms of reception?...
November 8th 03 01:43 AM
by John Porcella Go to last post
3 194
Thomson 1500 Timer by Robert Tidey
I thought the v2.3/2.4 upgrade had sorted a the problem with setting up weekly timer recordings with this box as mine worked OK for a bit after the upgrade. However, it has now stopped working correctly. First it started adding on 6 days for the next event rather than a week. Now it's reverted to pre 2.3 behaviour which was not allowing a weekly timer to be set at all (sets the repeat to...
November 8th 03 01:31 AM
by Robert Tidey Go to last post
4 381
Cheapest Freeview box by Bryan Jones
Dixons web site advertising small silver FERGUSON FDT500 at 39.99 (including scart lead). Only 1 scart but ideal for controlling a VCR (includes timer) or bedroom TV. Discount of 4 added at the checkout which effectively pays for the delivery. So that is 39.94 delivered!!!!!!!! Cheap as chips. Warning: Dixons site says that it has no ability to output RGB and probably does not offer a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 8th 03 12:54 AM
by tHatDudeUK Go to last post
10 401
Philips DTR1500 timer funny - advice from any box owners, please! by Clem Dye
Before I decide whether or not to return my Philips DTR1500 box to my retailer for a refund or replacement, could someone confirm/refute something for me please? When I set a standby timer event (that is, wake the box up from standby via timer) is the output from the TV scart blanked? I replaced my ex-ITVD Nokia 9850T with the Philips DTR1500. With the Nokia in place I could record RGB via...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 7th 03 07:44 PM
by Robert Go to last post
13 596
Nokia Mediamaster 9850T - TV setting by Peter Crighton
I have a Nokia Mediamaster 9850T connected to a 4:3 TV. I seem to be losing the sides of programme a little compared to terrestrial TV. I have tried every combination of 4:3 and 16:9 TV settings and normal/letterbox settings - there is no change when I alter the settings. Is this experience to be expected?
November 7th 03 02:49 PM
by Brian McIlwrath Go to last post
1 279
booster box? by pete
Can anyone recommend a booster box for me? I have a digital integrated Sony Wide screen TV, but keep having picture break up on Channel 3 and 4. Thanks Pete
November 7th 03 01:12 AM
by Bill Go to last post
4 679
Post New Thread