Post New Thread
Free to air by Mark
Can you recieve hallmark/tcm with a free to air card on sky digital ? Can anyone recommend a site that lists all free to air channels. Thanks Mark
November 3rd 03 12:51 PM
by Chris Vowles Go to last post
5 216
DVRec v1.0 has been released. by dvrec
DVRec v1.0 has been released. Please see changes.txt + readme.htm for changes. Main change is you may now register software + divx5.1. Registration is currently not available (being tested) but will be available in the next few days. It has been tested but includes major changes under the hood and has not been run for 2 weeks before release as is usually is done, due to prev versions time-out....
November 3rd 03 11:55 AM
by Jonathan Buzzard Go to last post
2 158
Freeview question by Davey P
Hi everyone Just a quick question about Freeview... I currently use a NTL cable box for TV, but I don't fancy upgrading to their digital service (I feel I already pay them enough each month!). However, I would like to get the Freeview channels. I've borrowed a friend's Freeview box and, although we live in an area covered by the signal, it looks like our existing aerial isn't up to
November 3rd 03 09:24 AM
by Tim Mitchell Go to last post
7 258
Playing captured MPEG2 by Ian Clowes
Hi I think I have some MPEG2 DVB-T data in files with no header, etc. Is there something I could point at the files to try and play them? I have no MPEG2 hardware in my PC. If I were to look inside the files with a hex editor is there somethig that would indicate if they are 'real' MPEG2 files?
November 3rd 03 07:43 AM
by Ian Clowes Go to last post
0 128
Next Generation viewing card to recieve Satellite channels (all free without subscription) by Dave Fawthrop
The Beeb has at long last sorted this out (hopefully) See URL http://www.bbc.co.uk/digital/channels.shtml Tells you *almost* everything. To receive ITV1, Channel 4, five, you will need a Next Generation viewing card. You must ring 08700 54 1800 where you will find the price is GBP23.50 for a domestic card.
November 3rd 03 07:25 AM
by Dave Fawthrop Go to last post
4 170
Pace Twin widescreen switching by Phil
In article , CD wrote: Hi Just bought a Twin from Digital Direct, very happy so far, although it occasionally struggles with my aerial in the loft (I'm moving house soon so can't be bothered going up on the chimney). My only problem so far is that my Philips 32" widescreen doesn't switch modes when going from a 16:9 to a 4:3...
November 2nd 03 10:27 PM
by Phil Go to last post
0 142
FREESPORT by Andrew Manuel-Warner
According to the blurb on the digital spy website and also http://www.busa.org.uk/DisplayPage.asp?pageid=6435 - there will be a sports channel on Freeview starting up next year, only this will be dedicated for the sports that don't get shown much on the larger sports channels such as Sky Sports etc.
November 2nd 03 10:11 PM
by SoMgI Go to last post
7 397
Hauppauge DEC2000t stuttering on playback by JPG
Any ideas how I might fix this? I've defragmented the HDD but I still get it. Many thanks JPG
November 2nd 03 08:57 PM
by JPG Go to last post
0 167
Combined DVB & DAB Boxes by Stef Sternov
Does anyone know if and combined receivers will be released soon? Thanks
November 2nd 03 07:14 PM
by Nic Go to last post
5 254
Rigger's diary - Confused? Well I am! by Bill
A customer rung this morning to say that he had a problem with 'ghosting'. In fact he had an image of the channel that he was watching, drifting about on the screen. It turned out that he had bought a DVD recorder and connected it via a scart lead. Without thinking too deeply about this (he rung at 7.45am on Saturday and I'd been indulging myself until 3am) I suggested that he cut pin 19 on the...
November 2nd 03 04:48 PM
by Chris p Go to last post
1 297
Digital Picture on TV by Wainscotting
Just got a Sony 32" WS 100 Hz tv. Picture on terrestrial is beautiful but picture on Freeview through my Nokia 221T digital box is not brilliant. Used to be great on old Sony tv but now see mosiac effect when picture is moving i.e. sport etc. Have new wideband aerial and signal appears good. It is watchable but would have hoped for crystal clear digital picture.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 2nd 03 04:24 PM
by Xbase++ Go to last post
14 404
New Pace Twin Upgrade Tonight by Java Jive
There appears to be a new Pace Twin Upgrade available tonight, even though I received one just a few days ago. The upgrade doesn't appear to be completing properly, and the Pace Freeview site is down. Anyone know what is going on? What is in this latest upgrade?
November 2nd 03 01:36 PM
by Martin Go to last post
5 225
Nebula DigiTV ITV Problems by Neil Deadman
Having just upgraded my hard drive I have reinstalled Windows and all. Since installing DigiTV I can't get a decent picture with ITV1 or ITV2. The picture is totally unviewable (you can hardly make out an image!!). Is this a common problem? Is there a solution. It never happened before the re-install!! I'm viewing from South West London!! TIA
November 2nd 03 10:33 AM
by Neil Deadman Go to last post
3 224
re Technika Digi 200. by Peter Coddington
Gary Jones said seem to remember that there was an RF out socket on the back of this box. So to get analogue channels 1-5 on your TV, connect a normal UHF cable to your VR then from your VR to your TV. i.e. Aerial from roof - Technika2000 - Video - TV ----------- To clarify the answer to this in my thread of 0054 hours on 2/11.
November 2nd 03 10:23 AM
by Peter Coddington Go to last post
0 153
Nokia Freeview boxes by Laurence Taylor
I have the old (On-digital) Nokia box. Is there any significant difference (such as firmware version) between this and the "reconditioned" silver-painted ones being sold by Dixons, and betwen either of those and the new handbag-shaped ones? Also, I've heard rumours of a firmware upgrade being made available to the old boxes, is this true?
November 2nd 03 01:32 AM
by Ian Tindale Go to last post
1 209
Is the Community Channel shared with another channel? by NealUK
I receive transmission from the Crystal Palace transmitter, and on the TV receiver (an old Nokia ITVdigital box), the Community channel has its own channel (46). With my AverMedia DVB-T card it doesn't appear. On this card, CBBC shares with BBC3 and Cbeebies shares with BBC4. Does anyone know if the Community Cahnnel is shared in this way, and if so, what Channel does it share with? Hope...
November 1st 03 11:16 PM
by Stuart Meech Go to last post
6 284
Freeview Boxes by Mark
I currently have an old pioneer ITV digital box for myself but My Grandad is considering getting freeview. I am thinking of getting the box from Richer Sounds but am un sure which box to get. He recieves a strong signal, prob needs a simple remote with big buttons. I have been looking at Thomson boxes i heard these are quite reliable. Anyone got any recomendations for Both reliability and ease...
November 1st 03 10:05 PM
by JoMorph Go to last post
1 164
License fee more for freeview? by Coron
Is the license fee still more for digital tv, I looked at bbc website and couldnt seem to find anything?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 1st 03 08:16 PM
by Stef Sternov Go to last post
24 654
FS: Sky Plus Box currently 39 quid! by Craig Pickles
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3055503960&category=29784 Craig
November 1st 03 08:14 PM
by tHatDudeUK Go to last post
1 187
Sky link interference from TV set by Bill
If you encounter one of those mysterious problems where the Sky link will not work, unaccountably and despite the red light coming on, try fitting a high pass filter between the link and the TV set. The Antiference TVI/U is such a device. Bill Where there is no television, the people perish. - adapted from Proverbs xxix. 18.
November 1st 03 06:21 PM
by Bill Go to last post
2 153
Post New Thread