Post New Thread
BBC3 Flops Again by DAB sounds worse than FM
http://media.guardian.co.uk/broadcast/story/0,7493,1077629,00.html Fightbox with 6,000 viewers and costing on average 136 per viewer per episode. Vinnie with 10,000 viewers. It's not good is it?... --
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 8th 03 10:25 PM
by R. Mark Clayton Go to last post
22 614
Lodos freeview box by Jon
Just seen in our local Savacentre a Lodos DTT box at 50. Does anyone know if it's any good? I don't know the name but it is very reasonable and I wanted an inexpensive box as a present for the in-laws. Cheers Jon --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
November 8th 03 09:18 PM
by Mike Go to last post
8 397
Next upgrade for Pace DTVA Nov 12th-15th by Doyler
As above in subject - according to their speedy email customer service service. Don' t know if this info is available elsewhere or people are interested, but didn't want to keep it to myself. Cheers, Doyler
November 8th 03 04:25 PM
by Alex Quant Go to last post
2 451
BT digital boxes - is the expensive one the Netgim? by CyberSOGA
It's the netgem customised to work with BT Internet, with links to BT internet content etc. I havn't actually seen one but I can guarantee that's what it is. CyberSOGA "Andrew Hodgson" wrote in message ... Hi,
November 8th 03 09:00 AM
by CyberSOGA Go to last post
0 168
Is freeview available? by Not Me
Hi, Just wondering if it would be in any way possible for a friend to get freeview. We have tested a pace box on his current aerial to no avail, and the postcode check comes up negative. However, A location quite close (under 700metres) by is marked as ok by the postcode checker, and that area is much lower to ground than my friends. So is 700 metres a large distance in terms of reception?...
November 8th 03 01:43 AM
by John Porcella Go to last post
3 188
Thomson 1500 Timer by Robert Tidey
I thought the v2.3/2.4 upgrade had sorted a the problem with setting up weekly timer recordings with this box as mine worked OK for a bit after the upgrade. However, it has now stopped working correctly. First it started adding on 6 days for the next event rather than a week. Now it's reverted to pre 2.3 behaviour which was not allowing a weekly timer to be set at all (sets the repeat to...
November 8th 03 01:31 AM
by Robert Tidey Go to last post
4 374
Cheapest Freeview box by Bryan Jones
Dixons web site advertising small silver FERGUSON FDT500 at 39.99 (including scart lead). Only 1 scart but ideal for controlling a VCR (includes timer) or bedroom TV. Discount of 4 added at the checkout which effectively pays for the delivery. So that is 39.94 delivered!!!!!!!! Cheap as chips. Warning: Dixons site says that it has no ability to output RGB and probably does not offer a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 8th 03 12:54 AM
by tHatDudeUK Go to last post
10 396
Philips DTR1500 timer funny - advice from any box owners, please! by Clem Dye
Before I decide whether or not to return my Philips DTR1500 box to my retailer for a refund or replacement, could someone confirm/refute something for me please? When I set a standby timer event (that is, wake the box up from standby via timer) is the output from the TV scart blanked? I replaced my ex-ITVD Nokia 9850T with the Philips DTR1500. With the Nokia in place I could record RGB via...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 7th 03 07:44 PM
by Robert Go to last post
13 590
Nokia Mediamaster 9850T - TV setting by Peter Crighton
I have a Nokia Mediamaster 9850T connected to a 4:3 TV. I seem to be losing the sides of programme a little compared to terrestrial TV. I have tried every combination of 4:3 and 16:9 TV settings and normal/letterbox settings - there is no change when I alter the settings. Is this experience to be expected?
November 7th 03 02:49 PM
by Brian McIlwrath Go to last post
1 272
booster box? by pete
Can anyone recommend a booster box for me? I have a digital integrated Sony Wide screen TV, but keep having picture break up on Channel 3 and 4. Thanks Pete
November 7th 03 01:12 AM
by Bill Go to last post
4 666
Philips DRT 1500 - "On the Blink" by ME
I had this for STB for just 1 week and it has worked reasonably.... until a day ago (monday 3rd). I turned on the power and the device had a blinking "RED" light. I check the manual and its said this was due to a software download. I did not deliberately "enable/turn-on" this software download. Anyway, I have left the device "powered-on" for the last 24 hours and it is still has blinking "RED"...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 6th 03 10:38 PM
by Dave Spam Go to last post
10 466
Pace Twin Flash problem by Barry
Hi - I've tried 6 times tonight to upgrade the software on my Twin Pace box - all goes well until it starts flashing and after a minute or so the display flashes bad - after putting it into standby and on again it's OK but not updated. Anyone have any tips on how I might get this to work? Thanks!
November 6th 03 10:10 PM
by Barry Go to last post
9 338
Pace Twin Hard Drive upgraded by Ian Clowes
CD wrote: Whipped the lid off my Twin & noticed some tamper evident wax stuff on the screws holding in the mounting rails. Hmmm. Mine (three weeks old) doesn't have anything to make removal of the HD evident. Maybe they're not worried about it anymore? IanC
November 6th 03 10:07 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
2 148
RGB? Freeview boxes. by David
Got the Daewoo Setpal it is giving composite video out on the scart, is it capable of RGB output as the old ONdigi boxes did? -- Regards, David Please reply to News Group.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 6th 03 10:04 PM
by Tony Stanley Go to last post
12 443
Recommend Freeview Box for Low Signal Strength? by Jambers
As header suggests, I am after a box that will be better at picking up channels than my PACE DTR 735. This box was grand at my last flat, but only picks up about 60% of the channels now that I've moved. Is there a website that lists boxes with their specs? Is there a general rule for better boxes, ie 'old ones not good, new ones good' or 'silver ones are more powerful than black ones', or...
November 6th 03 08:40 PM
by Dave Walker Go to last post
7 399
masthead amp to cure interference? by ben
Freeview reception is usually good using my loft antenna, but I get interference from things like washing machines switching. I assume this is being picked up by a poorly screened cable rather than the antenna itself, and therefore thought the best solution would be to fit a cable with better screening, but a recent thread on uk.media.tv.misc about masthead amps got me thinking maybe one of...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 6th 03 06:20 PM
by hwh Go to last post
15 404
BBC Monkey to rival On Digital Monkey by Chris Vowles
Someone has a sense of humour, see the BBC's answer to Monkey at http://www.bbc.co.uk/digital/ Chris
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 6th 03 02:12 PM
by Chris Vowles Go to last post
11 416
cheapest freeview box? by Chis
Any candidate for the cheapest freeview box? regardless of make?
November 6th 03 12:10 PM
by R W Go to last post
6 189
Philips DVD recorders by David Quinton
Those of you who own a Philips DVD recorder may like to cut out and keep their latest press advertisement from today's papers for future evidence. It shows photos of a VHS tape and a Philips DVD+RW. The VHS has the caption "What I used to tape..." and the DVD "... I now save forever". If it turns out that evidence such as: http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/54/32593.html applies to branded...
November 6th 03 09:05 AM
by David Quinton Go to last post
0 155
Rigger's Diary - Tony Capstick by Bill
I was saddened to read of Tony's death. Actually I've been saddened by pretty well everything I've heard about him for years. In the 70s his club act was second to none - really I think it was the funniest act I've ever seen, and he was a clever lad on the guitar as well. I met him once briefly and he told me amongst other things of his loyalty to Radio Sheffield. Pity they had to sack him in the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 5th 03 10:22 PM
by folkiedave Go to last post
23 919