Post New Thread
WinTV Nova-t PCI card woes by Li'l ol' me
Hi, I'm new to this group so I'm sorry if I'm repeating something that's in an FAQ or just comes up EVERY DAY! Anyway, just bought Nova-t PCI card from THAT company (I dare not spell its name!). Couldn't install the latest drivers/software (installation freezes on my XP installation) so I'm slumming it with the ones from the cd (v1.46). To cut to the chase, the software can find several...
October 20th 03 11:08 PM
by Peter G Sheppard Go to last post
7 332
Nebula DigiTV missing channels by Steven
Sent this e-mail to Nebula earlier but wondered if anyone else has any suggestions in the meantime? "I appear to have lost a number of channels from my DigiTV and cannot get them back, however hard I try :-( The story goes like this. I'd set DigiTV (3.03) to record a programme on ITV1 last night and when it started recording the screen was blank. I thought this was because it was in silent...
October 20th 03 09:46 PM
by Steven Go to last post
3 210
BSB by Howie
Hi Just clearing my loft, and came across our old BSB receiver and Squareariel, besides keeping it as an antique, can I put it to any use? Thanks Harry
October 20th 03 09:16 PM
by Howie Go to last post
8 348
New Freeview PC Card ? by Kipper
http://www.blackgold.tv/products/digital.htm Anyone have one of these ? Any good ? Keith --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
October 20th 03 07:54 PM
by Edward Go to last post
1 225
Grundig 1500 problem by Dave Spam
Andrew Hodgson wrote: Hi all, I am just wondering whether anyone got a replacement Grundig box after their box went west after 12 months due to a known problem with a capacitor? The box went west last week - we purchased it in Sept last year, I then stumbled on documents on the net regarding the problem. This affects Grundig 1500s and maybe Thomson boxes also. I am a bit...
October 20th 03 07:00 PM
by Dave Spam Go to last post
2 310
Old Television Help by Michael Martin
could someone please give me advice on an old television i have ? i wonder will i be able to recieve programmes being broadcast today or will i only be able to watch programmes from years ago ? the reason i ask is that i turned it on the other day and i watched The Bill but it wasnt a recent episode it was from the 80's.The Tv was made in the 80's incidentally. i dont see how they can stop me...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 20th 03 06:19 PM
by James Hart Go to last post
12 423
Nebula DigiTV & Picture Problems - REVISITED by Neil Deadman
I recently posted a question about picture corruption when recording with the DigiTV PCI card. Through talking to Nebula Support we discovered that this was a problem with the second IDE controlller on my motherboard (Gigabyte GA-SINXP1394). Has anyone had a similar problem and solved it? They suggested changing certain drivers which I did but that never helped. I also have a SATA controller on...
October 20th 03 05:42 PM
by Neil Deadman Go to last post
5 273
FS: Psion Wavefinder by Steven Templeton
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2758676279&category=175 1 Hour To Go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
October 20th 03 05:15 PM
by Steven Templeton Go to last post
0 182
Streaming a captured MPEG2 file by Rhys Lewis
I have a Nebula Digitv card, and it works v. well for recording shows to disk in MPEG2 format. (Funny how it seems to get universal rave reviews). I have tried at various times to convert the captures, with little success. PVAStrumento will make a 'valid' MPEG file, but it's generally out of synch, and demux/rebuilding is a real hassle. If you look at the changelog for the beta he says that...
October 20th 03 04:04 PM
by madge Go to last post
9 145
Which Freeview box - have I missed something? by André Coutanche
Having lurked here for some time and learned a lot (and laughed a fair bit, and only kill-filed one person :-)), I'm about to do the deed and buy a Freeview box. I'm not asking "which one should I get?", because, thanks to the contributors to this ng, I know which sites to look at - thank you. However, when the "what box should I get?" question comes up, I don't think anyone has ever mentioned a...
October 20th 03 03:39 PM
by Geo Go to last post
7 242
Pacific TV/VCR Sky remote code by bigbrian
Does anyone know the code for the Pacific brand of TV? I believe it comes from Asda. I can't find the brand listed on any of the lists. Someone suggested it was made by Schneider, but I tried the code for that and none of them seem to work. The TV is new, and the remote is a replacement unit bought about a year ago Cheers
October 20th 03 03:33 PM
by Go to last post
2 863
ITV ALREADY IN TROUBLE... by devolution
SHAREHOLDERS WANT REMOVAL OF CARLTON CHAIRMAN.... http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/3205596.stm
October 20th 03 10:46 AM
by Aztech Go to last post
3 285
Help Needed Again by Michael Martin
-- nl on widowcanreceve npt a ay tme.Ifyouareselctig agrahicl obectwih amoue, hen t i rlatvey asyforthewinow angerto etec ths nd shedlAfter the initialtak o inegrting pplcaion s tht tey it ithi sssin mnaemet, frthe itegatin an e doe o icrese teiroveallcomon lok-ndfee wththeres o th dskto an totak adantge f te ullrage f DE uncioalty.Toos hateasethi asec ofintgraionincudean co Eito ued o ceat...
October 20th 03 10:45 AM
by BillR Go to last post
1 266
freeview handsets by tomm
I posted earlier about the all in one handsets. Lets just say I tried one today and was less than impressed. All I want to know now is: The freeview boxes... Do the majority of their remote handsets (if not all ) able to also operate the tv? This may be a better option for me so thanks for any answers
October 20th 03 10:10 AM
by Tim Mitchell Go to last post
5 280
Slightly OT - S-Video by Ray Martin
I have a DVD and VCR with s-video output and I want to connect both to my TV, which unfortunately has only 1 s-video input. Can anyone tell me if you can buy an adaptor which allows you to connect two outputs into one input, rather than unplugging and plugging every time I want to switch? TIA Ray Martin
October 20th 03 10:08 AM
by Tim Mitchell Go to last post
1 197
Pace Twin Upgrade - Available Now by Malcolm (itsonlyme)
The heading says it all -- Malcolm - To reply change spam to ham.
October 20th 03 09:42 AM
by Malcolm (itsonlyme) Go to last post
0 175
SCART-Composite Converter by Lain
Hi, My Freeview box outputs in SCART. I have a simple SCART - Composite adapter but I don't think it converts the signal into composite. Do I need a converter or is a simple adapter enough? Where can I buy a SCART-Composite converter then? Thanks.
October 20th 03 09:32 AM
by Dave Go to last post
9 388
Freeview box by Dalziel
Hello, All! Just bought a Goodman's freetoview box and it was very simple to install. The only thing is that it doesn't appear to 'load' the ITV, ITV1 and Ch4 channels. I can get these on analogue TV (except ITV1 ofcourse) okay so am wondering why I can't with digital? As I don't know much about the whole darn thing I'm hoping someone can she some light on it. I have heard that it could be I need...
October 20th 03 09:14 AM
by Phil Go to last post
6 284
Digital Out not working with Amp by Neil Deadman
For the first time today I plugged my Sony Freeview Box into my Sony STR-DB930 Amp using the Digital Out of the DTV Box. All I got was a silence followed by the Amp switching to audio inputs as it had no signal on its digital input. However, If I plug it into my PC's Digital In and then connect my PC to the Digital In of my Amp I get sound. Why is this?
October 19th 03 07:23 PM
by M. J. Powell Go to last post
4 318
freeview boxes by stevie
I have noticed on some Freeview boxes that they have a Digital output, does this mean I would be able to get 5.1 surround sound when connected to a surround ampliflier or a 5.1 surround tv. Next Question ..Can Freeview transmit 5.1 surround??? thanks stevie
October 19th 03 05:54 PM
by bleh Go to last post
1 197
Post New Thread