Post New Thread
what is C.B.M. on freeview..??? by michael hunter
fairly new to Digital tv...i bought the Freeview system a few months ago does anybody know what the C.B.M is... a new up and coming station....it isnt a Christian network thing is it..... Thanks Michael
November 5th 03 09:42 AM
by michael hunter Go to last post
4 198
Teristrial Digital TV Frequencies! by EddySon
I live in a difficult TV reception area, the strongest signals come from Tacolneston. I have tried a wideband multi element aerial but it dosn,t seem to work any better than a normal group C 14 el yagi. My question is this. What is the normal freqency coverage of a standard group C aerial and would this group of aerial also cover the digital channels or not? I am convinced that a channelised...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 5th 03 01:47 AM
by Bill Go to last post
28 518
Twins Failure - Unreliable by Richard Watkinson
There ws a power cut in Sheffield tonight and Twins failed to record anything even though I had programmed it correctly. The power cut occurred aproximately 10 minutes into the programme I was recording. This is a major drawback and means that Twins can't be relied on. Why does it not come with a battery backup or emergency power supply? -- Richard
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 4th 03 11:57 PM
by Jim Barry Go to last post
14 486
S Video switch by Hildegrin
I'm looking for an S Video switch, and an SPDIF switch. Combined, if possible. What I need is to take the S Video and SPDIF from my pc, and the Svideo and digital audio output (I'm assuming this is the same as SPDIF) from a DVD player, and combine or switch between them, as my TV has only 1 SVideo input, and my amp has only 1 digital audio input (well, 1 phono and 1 optical, but neither the PC...
November 4th 03 11:31 PM
by Hildegrin Go to last post
2 186
Technika Digi 2000 by Peter Coddington
Just bought the above set top box from Tesco at 70 _ 1p quite impressed .but difficult to get to grips with the instructions ( may be me). I find that I need to operate Channels 1.2.3.4.5. via the box. Wonder if this is normal. ? Cannot find how I can play previously recorded programmes on the VR ? Any views prior to me ringing the help line ? Peter.
November 4th 03 10:36 PM
by Bryan Jones Go to last post
5 378
TEST by Xbase++
Just testing
November 4th 03 09:17 PM
by Xbase++ Go to last post
9 244
Panasonic TX28/32DT4 by Ed
I am still looking at panasonic tellies... Please can someone tell me whether this is an old model, or whether it is a sensible way to get Freeview? I have heard that some IDTVs are not very good. I have to set this up for my pensioner father in law, so would he be able to work out how to record freeview and watch analogue for example, it is VERY simple
November 4th 03 07:33 PM
by Ian Go to last post
2 154
Labgear DTT100 physical dimensions? by Paul Speller
Hi there, Please could someone with a Labgear DTT100 box and a ruler/tape measure please post the dimensions of the box - particularly the height? I have a smallish space between my kitchen TV and a shelf above it which I would ideally like to fit the box into, you see. Also, does it have ventilation holes in the top, or the bottom, or the side(s)? I don't want to block those and cause damage/a...
November 4th 03 05:51 PM
by Jonathan Swift Go to last post
6 170
Lag between sound and audio? by Gary Jones
In message Andrew Hodgson wrote: Hi, My aunt came to visit yesterday and complained that she had got a freeview box (TUC20) and that she found that the sound was not in time with the screen picture, this was very annoying for things like lip movement et al. She has a shared areal with a block of...
November 4th 03 02:39 PM
by Gary Jones Go to last post
4 146
masthead amp to cure interference? by Bill
Have you anything (printable) to say about the mast mounts that clamp directly to the roof tiles? I can't see you actually printing anything, Alan. Think of the expense! (joke . .. .) Anyway, I have looked very closely at those slate clamp things, at trade shows. In my opinion they can only be safe for a very short mast with a very small aerial on it, and even then I wouldn't really be happy...
November 4th 03 11:52 AM
by Bill Go to last post
4 155
Technika V Lodos Digi. by Peter Coddington
I have previous threads about the Technika Digi 2000 Set Top Box where I found I could not change from Digital to Analogue. I eventually put the problem down to my TV set which is a few years old. This Technika had a habit of freezing and mentioned on a previous thread.(This cost 69-99 from Tesco) Walking into Sainsbury's Save a Centre yesterday I was drawn to a 50 Lodos DUB T3 Set Top Box.....
November 4th 03 10:00 AM
by Peter Coddington Go to last post
0 147
Lag between sound and audio? by John Porcella
"Andrew Hodgson" wrote in message ... Hi, My aunt came to visit yesterday and complained that she had got a freeview box (TUC20) and that she found that the sound was not in time with the screen picture, this was very annoying for things like lip movement et al. She has a shared areal "Areal?"
November 3rd 03 10:41 PM
by Tim Hall Go to last post
1 145
foreign sports channels by kev
Hello All, Is it possible to get access to foregin tv channels that broadcast live British football here in the UK? If so what equipment do I need? thanks in advance kevin
November 3rd 03 10:26 PM
by John Porcella Go to last post
1 981
ITV's Pop Idol slammed by MPs.... by devolution
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/3238635.stm Pathetic producer gloats "...oh Pop Idol is so important it's being debated in the House of Commons" - what a dumb ****ing cow.
November 3rd 03 09:33 PM
by devolution Go to last post
0 208
Poor signal - advice please by Chris Heys
I live in halls of residence (ground floor, opposite side of the building to where all the local aerials point) in Coventry and have a Hauppauge DEC-2000t digi box hooked up to my laptop. There is an aerial socket connected into my room, but digital reception is currently at about 12-15%. I bought a digital TV signal booster from Maplins, but has had little effect on the reception (maybe...
November 3rd 03 08:42 PM
by Dave Brown Go to last post
4 499
16:9 full screen on NovaT by RJH
Hi - can't seem to get 16:9 full screen on my NovaT pci, ver 2.15 software. Looks fine in a window, but squashes up 4:3 on fullscreen. Any ideas please? Thanks Rob
November 3rd 03 07:12 PM
by Wideass Go to last post
6 235
BSB Squariels by Robert Whiteley
I've spotted 2 houses near me with a Squariel on them (I assume from BSB, but have not been close enough to read anything, and I'm guessing nobody else used squariels?). Does anyone know if they could still be in use? Obviously not for BSB, but for something else, maybe not even TV related? Or have the homeowners just been too busy/lazy for the last 12(?) years to take them down?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 3rd 03 06:31 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
24 1,403
Lag between sound and audio? by harrogate
"Andrew Hodgson" wrote in message ... Hi, My aunt came to visit yesterday and complained that she had got a freeview box (TUC20) and that she found that the sound was not in time with the screen picture, this was very annoying for things like lip movement et al. She has a shared areal with a block of...
November 3rd 03 05:21 PM
by harrogate Go to last post
0 149
New Pioneer Kit by Fat Freddy's Cat
Got my new TF100GB today... Was gonna wait till I move house to set it up in 3 weeks but couldn't. Plugged it in to a cheap poxy indoor aerial and no more than 90 seconds later it had scanned all the channels in and was ready to go. Picture quality superb. The biggest difference for me coming from a Sky digibox is the speed -
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 3rd 03 04:43 PM
by Fat Freddy's Cat Go to last post
14 294
Lag between sound and audio? by Chris Vowles
On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 14:35:57 +0000, Andrew Hodgson wrote: Hi, My aunt came to visit yesterday and complained that she had got a freeview box (TUC20) and that she found that the sound was not in time with the screen picture, this was very annoying for things like lip movement et al. She has a shared areal with a block of flats. Any suggestions?
November 3rd 03 03:29 PM
by Chris Vowles Go to last post
0 146
Post New Thread