Post New Thread
Sony VTX-D800U update by Agamemnon
A couple of months ago Sony were saying that the software update for the VTX-D800U would be going ahead this week but now all information concerning the date of the update has disappeared from their web site and I have not received any notice of an update in progress from by STB. Have Sony not managed to book a slot yet. http://www.npe.sony.co.uk/news.html
October 27th 03 03:33 PM
by Agamemnon Go to last post
0 231
Warning! - Another Pace Twin Problem - Read this if you have one by Java Jive
I refer to this weekend's changeover from British Summer Time ... 1) I had to put the Pace back manually 2) All the times in all the events already programmed in were then an hour early; I didn't notice this and recorded some wrong items, then had to go through the entire events list altering each one manually. Jeez! This is the final straw for me. I'm going to take it back as not...
October 27th 03 03:21 PM
by Java Jive Go to last post
4 200
Thomson Update v2.4 by TimK
Anyone found anything new yet?
October 27th 03 02:32 PM
by Bob Mannix Go to last post
4 237
EBAY Psion Wavefinder by Steven Templeton
One Hour To Go !!!!!!!!!! http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2758676279&category=175
October 27th 03 02:15 PM
by Simon Pocock Go to last post
4 379
Help please Grundig GDT1500 by Paul Moys
Can anyone please advise how I change the RF modulated output channel on the Grundig GDT1500. If it can not be changed can anyone advise what the channel is set as. I have a GDT 2000 also and it is straight forward on that box. Thanks
October 27th 03 01:40 PM
by Paul Moys Go to last post
2 450
Bit of advice needed by Andy B
Hi, Over the last week or so, the picture on my Panasonic DSB30 has been freezing and then showing a message of "No satellite signal is being received". I am aware of the panafix2d and have had it successfully installed for a few months. I did a bit of google research and I borrowed my mums digibox from downstairs (we have the second box deal). Hers is a pace box. It had the same problem on my...
October 27th 03 10:18 AM
by John Russell Go to last post
3 163
Daft question on aerial polarisation by Laurie Townsend
I'm not very savvy on wireless technicalities, but good at working things out by similarities, and I was wondering which way the elements on a receiving aerial should go for best reception from a polarised transmission, and I can argue a good reason for each direction, so would someone please just tell me ... If the transmitter is vertically polarised, should the elements be a) Vertical b)...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 27th 03 08:38 AM
by Tim Mitchell Go to last post
17 792
Teristrial Digital TV Frequencies! by Bill
When I was a lad DXing in the sixties, Taccy on B3H and Sutton Coldfield on B4V used to come in regularly on the simple X array I usd for SpE reception. Quite weak mostly, but useful as markers for calibrating tuning scales. Ah but where you lived you weren't saturated with Holme Moss on ch2 like what we was. However, I could receive Sutton C consistently at my parent's house. Dad was...
October 27th 03 12:12 AM
by Bill Go to last post
0 170
Daft question on aerial polarisation by Bill
And you didn't keep on walking to John O'Groats to see if the effect worked up there? Don't you youngsters have enquiring minds these days? The young people of today!! Bill Where there is no television, the people perish. - adapted from Proverbs xxix. 18.
October 27th 03 12:04 AM
by Bill Go to last post
0 137
Sony KD-28DX40U by Richard Bishop
Hi all, Please can all owners check their software version: Press Press Move down the list to "" Then choose "System Information" and the Software version is the one called "Version"
October 26th 03 10:50 PM
by Richard Bishop Go to last post
0 601
Apology if Mad Bill Pal m er has been annoying members of uk.music.folK? by Twinkles
Sent to uk.music.folK on 26 Oct 2003 17:35:18 GMT Please excuse this intrusion on your newsgroup, but I would like to take the time to apologize for any annoying messages you may have received from Mad Bill Pal m er that were signed with my name. He is no longer associated with me, my alliances lie elsewhere, but the conniving old fool thinks that he can get away with posts of a very...
October 26th 03 04:35 PM
by Twinkles Go to last post
0 168
freeveiw indoor aerial by Bigfred
I am presently receiving digital TV with a freeview box and indoor aerial this makes me sceptical about forking out money for an expensive outdoor digital aerial, however I do get block interference on channel 4 and channel 5.Would it be possible to improve the signal by purchasing a better indoor aerial perhaps with a booster amplifier. Hope you can see my logic in this as I have been quoted...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 26th 03 12:14 PM
by John Porcella Go to last post
11 330
FreeView looks worse than PAL! by John Russell
"David Robinson" wrote in message ... (David Robinson) wrote in message ... It was strange that this old (made in PAL composite) programme looked better via RGB than composite. However, the digital process in...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 26th 03 11:16 AM
by Tony Stanley Go to last post
11 288
Freeview is better than Analogue even with a poor aerial by zzapper
Hi, I hesitated to get Freeview for a year, because I feared that I'd have to pay for a new aerial because C5 was very poor, c4 poor, only BBCs & ITV1 were any good on the old analogue. Anyway I finally plunged and bought the Phillips 99 decoder DTR1500 from Tesco. The Freeview pictures are perfect, I seem to have everything but the ITVs & C4, which I must still view on Analogue (via the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 26th 03 08:48 AM
by Mat Overton Go to last post
16 429
Tempted to buy a Sony KD28DX40 TV - a wise move? by Tony Hall
Hello, I've been thinking about buying a 28" widescreen TV for a while but I've been in no rush. However, Costco have an offer on until Oct 5th to buy a Sony KD28DX40 28" digital TV for 469.99 (inc. VAT, 3 year guarantee, stand etc)....I'm very tempted. Is this a reasonable TV for the price? Will I fall foul of old digital
October 26th 03 07:49 AM
by Brownie Go to last post
5 185
all in one handsets by tomm
You know the 4, 5 or 8 etc in one remote handsets? I have a tv, video & dvd player which I suppose should be no problem.I also have an old Pioneer on-digital box which I am using to watch freeview. 1 question: Will one of these all in one handsets work with the old on-digi box?
October 25th 03 11:52 PM
by Mr Balloon Go to last post
5 274
Grundig Tv by Mark
Anyone own a Grundig TV or know a group that refers more to Tvs I need to know how to tune it in Is it still possible to get Remotes from grundig ?
October 25th 03 10:45 PM
by Stuart Go to last post
1 198
old pace ondigital reset by alex
hi can any one tell me how to reset a pace ondigital for freeview it works fine on freeview but still showing old sky channels i have used reset on the back but i want to clear all the channels as its still showing all the old sky channels anyone help thanks alex
October 25th 03 10:32 PM
by alex Go to last post
3 158
Perpetual motion? by Bill
Tonight as I sat in the office Hil came in with the bulb out of the oven. Would I look in the CPC book and find her a new one? The bulb is a 25W mini screw fitting. The nearest one in the CPC book is on page 1464, but the glass envelope on our old bulb is slightly thinner and longer. Anyway, I had the old bulb resting between the pages of the open catalogue as I looked for the replacement, and I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 25th 03 08:56 PM
by Bill Go to last post
18 302
FTN by Travis
more A-Z of bad boys, Jay Leno and Bob and Mergret, Less Sex Oddity and Ricki Lake please!
October 25th 03 05:40 PM
by BillR Go to last post
2 162
Post New Thread