Post New Thread
Standards of accuracy slipping... by Brian Gaff
The BBC again... I am sure if they really tried hard, they could find a narrator who knows the difference between the Apollo moon rocket, the Saturn V and a Shuttle being launched. Having just listened to the Mars mission Horizon, I think to myself, OK the narrator lady was probably not born in 1969, but surely some research into what two launches look like might help her do her job...
February 15th 14 09:56 AM
by Brian_Gaff Go to last post
3 226
Have you been bullied by the BEEB? by Derek F[_4_]
If you have been bullied by the BEEB there's money waiting for you. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2553496/BBC-pays-100-000-compensation-people-bullied-TV-licence-collectors-Corporation-500-goodwill-payments-past-five-years.html Derek.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 15th 14 12:19 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
43 725
Tomson (RCA) DSI8210CSR. by Ian Field
Does anyone know the sequence to restore factory defaults? Where to find a user manual would be handy too. Thanks.
February 14th 14 06:47 PM
by Ian Field Go to last post
0 150
Satellite signal problems due to high winds by rbel
The setup is a 60 cms dish mounted 1.3 metres above ground on a 50 mm diameter 16 guage aluminium mast which is sunk into a 50 cms cube of concrete below ground. We have noticed breaking up of the picture on several recorded programmes during the past couple of weeks. It would seem that the recordings in question were probably made during periods of very high winds. We live in a fairly exposed...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 14th 14 04:56 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
51 830
Which PVR? by Woody[_5_]
Some of you may remember that I sought advice on here a month or two back as to which PVR to buy on behalf of an elderly technophobic lady. Well, it has come around again. I have of late seen the Sagem RTI95-320 which is going for 120. All the reports I read suggested it was/is a very good machine, until I found the Sagem Community (SC) which shows a very different picture. As a result I...
February 11th 14 07:11 PM
by Roger Mills[_2_] Go to last post
4 172
Sky being pirated. by Derek F[_4_]
I had not heard of Sky being pirated recently http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-26052012 Where I used to live many cable neighbours had minimum subscriptions plus a chipped box from a local TV repairer. Dodgy cards was probably the main cause of OnDigital going out of business. Derek
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 11th 14 06:31 PM
by CD Go to last post
11 563
Liteon LVW5025GHC+ by Ian Field
Anyone know how to invoke format HDD on this decoder box? This particular model is only 80Gb - pretty sure there's a 160Gb drive laying about somewhere. Thanks.
February 10th 14 06:21 PM
by Ian Field Go to last post
4 284
Samsung UE22F5000 22-inch Widescreen by David[_9_]
Anyone got one or know if it is powered by a transformer mains to 12 volt, please. Regards David
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 9th 14 07:27 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
27 801
BBC TV Test Card by Tim Jones[_2_]
Last saw the BBC TV test card as part of the BBC HD Preview transmissions. Is it still transmitted on a regular basis? I would like to be able to record it to check TV set-ups. Cheers
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 9th 14 04:03 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
19 837
Smile
Scart Splitter Issues by billie
HI I have connected my Sky box to 2 tvs using a scart splitter ( one scart with 2 cables out to 2 scarts) the picture has deteriorated quite a lot - which i expected but i was wondering if there is anything i can do about it? I cannot add any extra cables and i do not want wifi. Is there a splitter that amplifies the picture signal that i could plug into the sky box and have 2 scarts coming...
February 8th 14 11:11 AM
by billie Go to last post
0 139
New Satellite and Terrestrial TV Alignment Calculators (inc links!) by Java Jive[_2_]
On Sat, 01 Feb 2014 17:47:28 +0000, Java Jive wrote: Remaining problems: :-( Upgrade to HTML5 has made a mess of the page layouts when printing output in most modern browsers, disastrously so in IE. Fixed for all non-IE browsers that I was able to test, and IE printing also improved, but it still can't seem to print the OS map properly
February 8th 14 09:22 AM
by Steve Thackery[_2_] Go to last post
4 211
The wonders of HD by Bill Wright[_2_]
On the roof of the prep school where my namesake has been abusing little boys is a large but old aerial. The cable is hanging loose, but only reaches half way down the mast. That suggests that someone has cut it, probably to connect the downlead to the newer aerial nearby. Bill
February 7th 14 10:14 PM
by Mike[_19_] Go to last post
3 206
Which group for Emley Moor? by Paul
Hi, Our 30 year old aerial looks like it could do with replacement and I was wondering what would be the best group to have. We are 8 miles north of Emley Moor in direct line of sight (can see 7 navigation lights on it) so we get a belting signal. Should we stick with group B (perhaps to minimise interference?) or go for a wideband? I notice that the latest mux added is just below group B,...
February 7th 14 07:52 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
5 240
It's amazing what you can get away with by Bill Wright[_2_]
Thirty-two years ago I made a little unit that switched a couple of CCTV feeds and a floodlight. It was controlled by a 'normally on' 12V feed from a sensor which controlled a 12V relay that in turn controlled three timer relays. Two switched the video, which went to a monitor. The third switched a floodlight. At the time I was surprised that ordinary relays could pass baseband video with no...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 6th 14 05:58 PM
by Steve Thackery[_2_] Go to last post
25 510
Recommended HD TV card/dongle? by Lobster
I'm interested in getting a TV tuner card or dongle, mainly for the purpose of recording/timeshifting TV and would appreciate some input as the market seems to be a bit of a jungle! I want one for HD (ie Freeview), which seems to be making life complicated? Is it a "T2" device which I need? Seem to be very little around which I find puzzling/worrying. Are there good reasons to go for a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 5th 14 12:53 PM
by Pinnerite[_2_] Go to last post
10 359
BBC complaints and fault reporting no longer fit for purpose.` by Brian_Gaff
Here is what they sent back after my complaint at having no audio description on the final edition of Hidden Kingdoms, submitted on their own form. Words failed me when I read this so I've banged off an ever so slightly sarcastic repose. Dear Mr Gaff Reference CAS-2542021-X972ZW
February 4th 14 10:44 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
9 290
Call The Midwife aerial by Bill Wright[_2_]
This is from the opening sequence. An interesting representation of a 1950s London TV aerial... https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/screenshot.jpg Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 4th 14 04:33 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
21 507
Superbowl oddity by Woody[_5_]
Thought I would bore myself to sleep last night so watched a bit of the Superbowl - but had to give up. The (Sharp) TV in the bedroom, which normally behaves impecably, was blanking the screen for perhaps half a second every fews seconds. The picture and sound were OK (have to admit not certain if the sound was present throughout) but I never saw more than perhaps 10 seconds of it - mostly...
February 4th 14 07:56 AM
by cmwb[_2_] Go to last post
5 225
fishing and construction programmes by Bill Wright[_2_]
Father is now reduced to sleeping and watching a little TV. I try to look out for programmes that will interest him, but I sometimes miss things. I record in advance everything he watches. He's really only interested in fishing, farming, construction, and engineering. He won't watch 'dumbed down' things. We don't have subscription TV. I record from Freesat or Freeview or anything on 28E or...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 3rd 14 11:42 AM
by Tim+[_2_] Go to last post
15 265
Today's Subtitle boob by Davey
BBC News this morning, floods. Description of Special Vehicles for doing the pumping, subtitled as 'Special Beer Halls'. On the other hand..... -- Davey.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 3rd 14 12:33 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
12 315