Post New Thread
Humax update announcement tomorrow...... HD recording problem fix?? by Dickie mint[_2_]
On Humax facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/HumaxUK "Check back here tomorrow as we are releasing an update! " Wonder if they've fixed the Freeview HD recording problem??? Richard
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 10th 14 11:31 PM
by Davey Go to last post
47 483
TOT - weather reports by Steve Thackery[_2_]
Of course we've had lots of "weather" recently, as has America. But you know what? Something feels funny - when I watch the BBC News it's as if the coverage is just that bit "bigger" and more dramatic than it needs to be. Note, I am NOT belittling the issues faced by those who've been flooded or frozen. I'm only talking about the BBC's reporting of it. We all know that one effect claimed for...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 10th 14 08:33 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
53 656
hummy.tv forum by Dickie mint[_2_]
Anyone know what's happened to the hummy.tv forum? Looks like it's reverted back to a placeholder for investment sites. Or has it been hijacked? richard
January 10th 14 07:18 PM
by Yellow[_2_] Go to last post
2 181
[OT] Timer circuit for solar powered lights by Paul D Smith[_2_]
Most of you know your way around a soldering iron so can anyone recommend a NG or source for this problem please? I purchased some solar powered Xmas tree lights and they work fine except that 7 hours of murky winter daylight is not enough to keep them going for 17 hours of night. Since I don't care if they're on at 2am, I would like to add a simple, and of course lower, timer circuit so...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 10th 14 03:21 PM
by alan Go to last post
21 332
This ere local tv lark. by Brian Gaff
I had to do a retune of my ever so unrelaible set top box yesterday. There are three channels on 790 to 792, the last two with tones switching back and forth and proclaiming they are the new tv local station for London. Now why are there three channels and when does it actually start to transmit anything? Seems a bit wasteful of space if there is only going to be one though as the multiplex...
January 10th 14 01:15 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
9 137
Crystal Palace testing QPSK Local TV (Ch29) by Ian Jackson[_2_]
http://www.southgatearc.org/news/2014/january/crystal_palace_testing_qps k_local_tv.htm?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3 A+AmateurRadioNews+%28Southgate+Amateur+Radio+News%29 http://www.a516digital.com/p/local-tv.html Near Beaconsfield, near M40 J2, Ch29 is about 10dB down on the rest - and at the moment, so is Ch33. The two test channels are on 791 and 792 on the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 10th 14 12:05 PM
by Wymsey Go to last post
10 269
Sky Now TV Box, Composite video out cable by Adrian C
Small heads up if someone is thinking of connecting Sky's "Now TV" internet streaming box using the NTSC composite video output (instead of HDMI), the particular 3.5mm to 3 x RCA cable required is differently wired to the common arrangement for camcorders. http://anythingbutipod.com/2006/04/zen-vision-m-video-cable-other-4pole-35mm-pinouts/ Search Amazon for a "Nokia CA-75U" TV out cable....
January 9th 14 06:28 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
8 1,548
f plugs: zinc or brass? by [email protected]
Hello, I was looking to buy some f plugs, coax to f type adaptors, couples, etc. and see that they are available in nickel plated brass or zinc. Is there any difference? Google said zinc was softer and would wear but I'm not sure whether they are pure zinc or an alloy; the latter might be more durable? For domestic use where they are not going to be unplugged repeatedly, I can't see this is an...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 9th 14 05:57 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
19 259
Extending wi-fi by Geoff Pearson
My BT Home Hub 3 running on Infinity is downstairs in my study. The wi-fi from that reaches all parts of the house using my DELL laptop. I take a feed up to my TV in the drawing room on the first floor using Home Plugs and that works well - HD transfers perfectly. Then I bought an iPad which depends on wi-fi but cannot pick up the router in the front part of the house and certainly not...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 9th 14 08:46 AM
by Jim Lesurf[_2_] Go to last post
63 640
distortion on dark scenes by phil Halesowen
I have a problem relating to watching play back from a DVD on my tv. Basically when a scene is set at night on a DVD film there is a sort of distorting almost like a circle lines where it should be black? I thought it was the dvd player, so I tried the disc in a Sony PS3 bluray and still had the same problem. But the problem does not exist on watching a film on my HD tv via freeview. This...
January 9th 14 06:43 AM
by phil Halesowen Go to last post
0 102
I do not understand Currys/PCWord and TV set selling. by David[_9_]
Over the past couple of days have visited a couple of their stores to look at a particular TV set, found it and saw it showing promos or what ever for the shop just like all the TV sets were. I asked if I could see a TV picture such as BBC1 on it and was told they are not wired up to an aerial. Was assured if I bought and got it home it would receive TV programs. I had no way of knowing...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 9th 14 05:47 AM
by Charlie+ Go to last post
28 349
Curved is the new flat by Brian Gaff
So there we are then, we get rid of space hogging hurnier inducing crts, and go wafer thin flat screen. Now by all acounts we are going curved screen. Why? What is the point? I've not seen one and don't even know what sort of curve we are talking about, but buth LG and Samsung seem to be tallking up the idea offering ideas like moor natural viewing, and stuff like that. Is this just another...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 8th 14 05:54 PM
by tim...... Go to last post
31 522
DAB recievers crashing. by Dave Plowman (News)
I have two different make DAB receivers. Both will crash within about 2 weeks if left powered, and require a power off reset to work again. Why would this be? FreeView or FM seem unaffected. -- *Reality is a crutch for people who can't handle drugs. Dave Plowman London SW To e-mail, change noise into sound.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 8th 14 01:50 PM
by Mark[_7_] Go to last post
49 442
Control your PS3 (and others) using TV remote by Paul D Smith[_2_]
You all probably know this but I've only recently discovered that it's can be possible to control HDMI attached devices using the TV's remote. So whilst playing a Bluray using my PS3, I can now use the sensible TV remote to control the Bluray menus etc instead of a PS3 controller! This is possible for most HDMI attached devices (but not Humax Freeview PVRs) providing the TV and device both...
January 8th 14 07:07 AM
by Paul D Smith[_2_] Go to last post
5 194
People still use B/W TV sets. by David[_9_]
http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/10915083.Bradford_is_third_for_mono_TV_viewers/?cmpid=cmt Regards David
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 7th 14 01:39 PM
by Ian Go to last post
23 345
Quote unquote by Bill Wright[_2_]
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/screen.jpg Bill
January 7th 14 10:31 AM
by Ian Jackson[_2_] Go to last post
2 94
channels 31 to 37 by Bill Wright[_2_]
To an outsider it all seems a bit Alice in Wonderland. First they cleared these channels. Clearing chs 31, 32, and 33 involved an awful lot of faffing around and for the Gp A transmitters meant that only three muxes could be on the old analogue channels. But they cleared channels 31 to 37, and then, it seems, they realised that they didn't know what to do with them. So a lot of old tx gear...
January 7th 14 08:42 AM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
6 137
Those new '4K' TVs aren't true 4K. Not quite. by Steve Wakeman
http://www.avsforum.com/a/the-not-so-subtle-distinction-between-uhd-and-4k
January 6th 14 03:45 PM
by Steve Wakeman Go to last post
0 87
News form the Beeb by Davey
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-25576100 I didn't notice this on the BBC News this evening. -- Davey.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 5th 14 11:08 PM
by Ashley Booth[_2_] Go to last post
16 178
TOT Graham Norton and Monty Python by Bill Wright[_2_]
Five minutes? How very strange, especially after all the dross and padding that occupied the rest of the show. The pythons were a group of men with far more intelligence and humour on offer than anything else on the show, yet they only had five minutes. Bill
January 5th 14 04:58 PM
by Ian Go to last post
7 168
Post New Thread