Post New Thread
Factory defaults for Sony KV-32FX60U by Robin Smith
Anyone know how to reset these? thanks
January 24th 04 07:27 PM
by Robin Smith Go to last post
3 385
Masterplug Gold Plated Scart Lead - A review by Bill
I'm not sure what you mean by a fish supper. I hope you don't mean what I think you mean, but if you do I'd want paying for it, not the other way round . . . Are you thinking of that cryptic lyric in 'Penny Lane' that mentions fish? What cryptic line is that?
January 24th 04 07:09 PM
by Bill Go to last post
0 168
Loss of digital signal. by Phatt
Hi, Puzzled ........ YES ! I have a Sony KD32NX200 which has been working ok for about 6 months. Yesterday I unplugged everything and moved the set to the other side of the room and reconnected. Everything works fine (Analogue, DVD, VCR) except it now tells me that there is no digital signal detected ....... everything is plugged back in from whence it came ....... any clues ?
January 24th 04 07:03 PM
by Phatt Go to last post
2 588
DigiTV-Multiple recordings-PC startup and shutdown by Geoff
Hi everyone, I have a question about the best way to set my Nebula DigiTV to startup and shutdown the PC on it's own and make multiple recordings. I've researched this a bit, and have read what other people suggest with using such programs as DigDab and Digiguide, but I'm not sure what combination of what program will really do what I want. Forget the timer bugs in the Nebula software for now...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 24th 04 05:21 PM
by Geoff Go to last post
23 616
Hauppage DEC2000-T forum by D Power
For owners of a DEC2000-T box, your ownership is undoutedly not trouble free... by random googling I managed to find this new independent forum: http://www.nickgoldman.com/decforum/ Sorry if this has been posted before, but I've found it and its users very helpful. There isn't anything else on the web AFAIK that provides a resource for this particular PVR digibox.
January 24th 04 05:11 PM
by D Power Go to last post
0 223
Beko Widescreen TV 324250 WNS Engineering Menu by Colonel Montague Kitchen-Sink (Retired)
I've just bought the Beko 32" Widescreen TV 324250 WNS from Argos; (catalogue number 537/5747) - RGB pictures are stunningly superb. Does anyone here know how to access the engineering menu ?
January 24th 04 12:35 PM
by Rich Go to last post
3 204
Freeview reception question by Collaterly Sisters
Hi, Would appreciate if someone could clear this up for me. I just moved into a brand new apartment (part of a block) and wanted to use my old Freeview box (a cheapo Pace one). So I tried hooking it straight into the arial socket and re-setting it - however it only picks up 16 of the available channels. The weird thing is some of these are channels which I had reception problems with at my...
January 24th 04 12:14 PM
by Rich Go to last post
5 197
I've lost the HITS by Ray
I have a Sony KV-28DX30U Digital TV that I have had for a couple of years and it is brilliant with a great picture. Last week I bought a Daewoo DS680P at Sainburys and rigged it up so that I can record digital programs. It works very well and even had a few more channels than on the Sony so I retuned the Sony using 'Automatic Tuning'. Unfortunately the Hits Video channel has disappeared and...
January 24th 04 11:52 AM
by Ray Go to last post
8 280
TCM by Andrew
Hi All, what happened to TCM has it gone subscription only? Other half is gutted we cannot get it anymore asking to insert card ??? Andrew
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 24th 04 05:22 AM
by Peter Glover Go to last post
21 579
Sony IDTV V3.00 software bug? by KingStew
My Sony DX150 IDTV has upgraded itself to version 3.00 software. Since the upgrade the button on the remote that flicks between the current and previously viewed channel is not working properly. Its an intermittent problem too which makes it more annoying. As an example, i put channel 18 "the hits" on, then type in channel 21 for "TMF". Pressing the "previously viewed channel" button correctly...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 24th 04 12:09 AM
by George Go to last post
26 593
Sony DX150 sound by Numpty
Hi, Have any of you with a Sony kd32dx150 noticed some continuous pulsing interference from the right hand speaker, this is very low-level I only noticed it at night during a moment of silence, but it's bugged me ever since, the only way it goes away is if the volume is turned right down, or muted. Is it just mine or some common fault ? George.
January 24th 04 12:04 AM
by George Go to last post
5 207
OT : Alternate rogue's gallery by Ian
Bill, you need not despair as to the sadness of your life. At least you get to stand in the fresh air and appreciate the scenery whilst taking your rogueish photos. Consider, then, this chap's "hobby" ! http://www.axp.mdx.ac.uk/~john49/epi2.htm (full index here : http://www.axp.mdx.ac.uk/~john49/defects.htm) Ian
January 23rd 04 07:29 PM
by Bill Go to last post
1 143
Pace DTVA and News 24 multiscreen by A Nonymous
I have a Pace DTVA but it only has 2 of the BBC News 24 mini-screens as opposed to the 6 they're advertising. Do other Freeview STBs have 6 mini-screens or is this something only available to cable/satellite viewers? Robbie
January 23rd 04 01:17 PM
by Deep Thought Go to last post
6 183
This might cure poor reception on the 'ITV etc' Mux... by Fillyourboots
Since Christmas I've had a Pioneer DBRTF100 and have had major problems with channels, mainly on the ITV mux, severely breaking up - which they didn't do with the old Nokia monkeybox... And the right rear quarter of the Pioneer STB was practically untouchable, with some kind of static discharge dishing out wee electric shocks to all who investigate while the power is switched on. A signal check...
January 23rd 04 12:56 PM
by Peter G Sheppard Go to last post
2 326
FOR SALE: analogue satellite receiver (Pace300) by Marty Smartie
analogue satellite receiver (Pace300) - suitable for receiving Eurosport FTA on astra offers to -- Posted via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG
January 23rd 04 12:22 AM
by Bill Go to last post
1 182
All in One Remote Control That works with Pace Twin by Stephen
Anyone using an "All in One" remote control that works with the Pace Twin. Regards, Stephen -- Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/
January 22nd 04 11:17 PM
by Stephen Go to last post
1 150
Suggested enhancements to Pace Twin Freeview PVR by Colonel Montague Kitchen-Sink (Retired)
Pace could do well to map VideoPlus codes to the DTT channels. I know this was established in old analogue days, but the Radio Times now publishes VideoPlus codes for BBC3, BBC4, ITV2, FTN, UK History etc. I don't know of any Freeview equipment which incorporates VideoPlus functionality and would provide a useful alternative to the long-promised seven day EPG. Doubtless, this might push-up the...
January 22nd 04 09:55 PM
by Colonel Montague Kitchen-Sink (Retired) Go to last post
0 130
TV Version of BBC Radio Player by DAB sounds worse than FM
http://media.guardian.co.uk/broadcast/story/0,7493,1127725,00.html -- Steve - http://www.digitalradiotech.co.uk/ - Digital Radio News & Info DAB sounds worse than Freeview, digital satellite, cable, broadband internet and FM
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 22nd 04 06:31 PM
by Paul Evans Go to last post
11 312
BBC reveals 3D TV that doesn't need electromagnetic waves by Ben
I don't want one of those old TVs that works by receiving magnetic waves, I want one of those new 3D ones that receives computer code instead. "Traditional analogue TV is made up of magnetic waves that are sent through the air, and it is a far from perfect technology. HDTV gives viewers a stunning and convincing 3D quality because the new generation work on computer code that is piped into...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 22nd 04 06:28 PM
by Java Jive Go to last post
16 422
Masterplug Gold Plated Scart Lead - A review by Slow Flyer
The packaging says: High Quality Scart Lead Optimises signal transfer Improves sound and picture quality. But The cable sheath is extra thick. Although the cable has an outer screen, none of the wires are separately screened. The "gold plating" is applied to the plug; not the pins.
January 22nd 04 06:23 PM
by Bill Go to last post
9 400
Post New Thread