Post New Thread
Panasonic TUCT20 Freeview Boxes have 4:3 conversion error by [email protected]
I would like to warn prospective purchasers of this box that widescreen transmissions, which they mostly are these days, viewed on the 4:3 option, result in slightly wide faces and about an inch missing beyond the sides of the screen. The picture and sound are otherwise good, and most people are oblivious to the defect. Dave Williams
January 30th 04 11:44 AM
by Stuart Go to last post
7 329
PING Dave Fawthrop - Getting free channels after cancelled Sky Subs [Was: Why don't we ...] by Moldy
On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 11:28:18 +0000, Dave Fawthrop wrote: To receive These+Beeb+100others+80Radio, Free To View from satellite get a Next Generation viewing card. Ring 08700 54 1800. *Domestic* card costs GBP23.50 Dave, Your sig states that you can get a NG card to get the free channels
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 30th 04 11:40 AM
by Moldy Go to last post
15 515
My husbands going to kill me, please advise me? by Stan The Man
In article , rgmw wrote: Someone help me please!! I have given my personal information in a newsgroup using his business phone number of 15 years that only rings here. I am starting to get 2 phones calls a day (usually at night when he works) and I can't tell him I was that stupid. Can I erase the post and who would I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 30th 04 10:45 AM
by Tony Walton Go to last post
10 343
free2view tv by Des
Is today the last time we can order a card, or will there be a new offer tomorrow? or will the cards start appearing on ebay at a large profit (for someone)!? Des --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
January 30th 04 09:47 AM
by Dave Fawthrop Go to last post
1 243
Multiplex 2 from Rowridge to switch channels by CyberSOGA
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds13210.html 20:34 GMT, Wednesday 28th January 2004 -- by James Welsh Transmissions of multiplex 2 from the Rowridge site will move from channel 52 to channel 28 "in the next few months," NTL Broadcast confirmed to Digital Spy on Wednesday. Most multiplexes from Rowridge transmit on channels receivable by a "Group A" aerial (which, as discussed in our FAQ, is...
January 30th 04 07:34 AM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
5 243
Anyone else struggling to get support from Nebula-Electronics? by bmak
Hi, Before Christmas I emailed these folks at Nebula-Electronics with a support request. Their product was doing strange things and recording just whatever it liked! After waiting three weeks with no reply I tried to contact them again. This time I was told that they had upgraded their mailserver and probably lost any mail which I had sent them (Basic system management tip: backup your data...
January 30th 04 02:51 AM
by Wayne Youngman Go to last post
2 223
Re pay tv could come to freeview. by Dogtanian
Yeah, that'd be a good idea!
January 29th 04 10:43 PM
by Ian Go to last post
2 142
Pace Twin + bbc2 by nick
Never had this before but the picture is freezing every few seconds on BBC2 (Wenvoe tx)
January 29th 04 10:40 PM
by nick Go to last post
0 126
Humax F1 Fox by Alan
I'm trying to find a Service Manual for the 'Humax F1 Fox' DVB receiver. I'm trying to set mine up to use 4:3 centre cut-out on the vision output but the resultant image has too much width and everything is slightly squashed vertically. I'm sure it's not a tweak but there's just a chance. Does anyone know if the Service Manual is anywhere on the web? If you can help, thanks for your time.
January 29th 04 05:05 PM
by Alan Go to last post
4 354
Mobile DVB-T Receiver Optional for BMWs In Germany by Steve
http://tinyurl.com/2ob2t (Google German to English translation, but you can understand the gist of it) And interestingly, given the recent thread about mobile DVB-T receivers and how many receiver branches are required etc etc, this BMW mobile DVB-T receiver uses 2 antennas, 2 demodulators, and scans for the best frequency, as well as employing diversity reception using MRC:
January 29th 04 12:12 PM
by Peter Watson Go to last post
6 202
New pace twins software download announced by Nick
From 5-9/02 Version: To be Decided No info on whether it is a new or repeat download yet. (info from DTG site)
January 29th 04 11:58 AM
by D Mumford Go to last post
1 149
Good sites for learning TV basics by Matti Lamprhey
I'm trying to come to terms with my utter ignorance about TV developments in recent years. Are there any good sites I could look at, suitable for a techie without an electronics background? Matti
January 29th 04 11:11 AM
by Richard Wein Go to last post
5 300
BBC 7 sound distortion by Laurence Taylor
Has anyone else noticed this? It's particularly bad on the satellite signal, although the Freeview isn't perfect. It's slight clipping (confirmed on a scope), but severe enough to make listening unpleasant. Other channels seem unaffected, and it remains with a different receiver. --
January 29th 04 10:44 AM
by TimK Go to last post
3 172
Barmy BBC by Les Hellawell
One BBC journalist, sat in a nice warm studio is on News 24 just now "interviewing" another BBC journalist stood outside the BBC in a snow storm. Are they that desperately short of studios? Snow looks much worse than we got BTW, we just got a light dusting here, though further east in't Wolds and Ryedale they got more (as usual when it snows) Les Hellawell
January 29th 04 01:01 AM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
7 207
New bug in DigiTV 3.106 :-( by Steven
Anyone else got this problem? If I try setting the timer by right-clicking on the programme in the colour EPG (full-screen), it appears not to accept - the programme doesn't light up red and the timer screen shows 'No Timers Set'. If you right-click again on the same programme however it asks you 'do you want to delete the timer for xxxxx?'!!! It does set the timer though as it shows OK in...
January 28th 04 09:40 PM
by Steven Go to last post
6 230
Grundig Dogibox RF problems by Andy
Hi, We have an Grundig SKY box, couple of years old. Terrestrial feed comes through box and then out to 6 way amp to rest of house. All had been working fine until recently when the box appeared to start dumping loads of interference (noise?) onto the RF outputs (Scarts are fine pic. quality wise) If the box is bypassed RF wise - all the rest of the TV's in the house
January 28th 04 05:18 PM
by Andy Go to last post
6 310
8 Tescos now selling digiboxes [Was: Getting free channels after cancelled Sky Subs] by Moldy
Or, if you live near one of 6 select branches of Tesco, you can walk in and buy a brand-new Sky digibox for GBP113. See uk.tech.sky for details. Is there a list of the six branches anywhere as I can only find messages saying there are 6, none listing them... OK, just phoned tescos and there are now 8 stores selling the digiboxes:
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 28th 04 03:06 PM
by Tony Walton Go to last post
30 2,087
? by George
?
January 28th 04 01:21 PM
by Phil Cook Go to last post
4 281
Nebula DigiTV vs Sky+ by Geoff
I've just got Sky+ and have had a Nebula DigiTV since Christmas. Well the Sky+ software is miles better. Sure, the DigiTV is a nice card and the picture quality is very good, but the software is just too bug-ridden. The main difference I've noticed so far is with the search controls. In Sky+ if you pause, rewind, fast forward, then play a bit it'll play from the exact time you forwarded/rewinded...
January 28th 04 11:42 AM
by Geoff Go to last post
6 252
resetting old on digital box by Ben
Wendy wrote: I've had an old ondigital box which I used for ages- I undid it from my TV before I moved house and never got round to setting it up again.I only had a portable tv so wasn't particularly motivated. A few days ago I bought a new widescreen TV which I set up no problem- by the automatic option and thought- fine I'll pull out the old on digital box and give it a bash. ...
January 28th 04 04:12 AM
by Wendy Go to last post
5 205
Post New Thread