Post New Thread
Picture quality since last software upgrade by Deep Thought
I have noticed that the picture on most Freeview channels is slightly softer focus than it was before the version 3 upgrade - subtle but still there. Is this because bandwidth has been reduced or some other factor?.... (Sony IDTV). -- ----------------------- Deep Thought -----------------------
February 5th 04 01:46 PM
by Deep Thought Go to last post
0 159
Do you want paytv to return to DTT? Please Vote by Hoppy Mail
February 5th 04 01:04 PM
by Hoppy Mail Go to last post
5 163
Philips widescreen TV by tony addinsell
when I select EXT1 on my 24PW6407TV remote control, and then press TV guide on my SKY remote, I get a snow screen and need to press input button on TV again to clear it. Is this a known problem ? Tony
February 5th 04 12:44 PM
by R. Mark Clayton Go to last post
2 149
To avoid the software update path: Download In progress FLSh bAd I had to set both tuners to BBC1 The successful path was: Download In progress FLSh UZ1P cLrF PrGF Repeating once from UZ1P and finishing with an automatic reset.
February 5th 04 12:24 PM
by Slow Flyer Go to last post
0 159
Top-up TV by Zach
When will this pair stop sending out misleading press statements DEAD VAN CHIC (david chance) AT SWINE (ian west) All they have done is confuse people, how can you fit 10 more channels into 2 multiplexs? (MuxA/2) Also, are they going to rely on an honesty system where people send in donations rather than encrypt the 'new?' channels.
February 4th 04 11:09 PM
by John Porcella Go to last post
1 164
channel 66 by Pendragon
Hi, I have recently installed a Goodmans FV unit with an 18 element antenna. The result on the day and upto last weekend has been good. Since the high winds however the channels broadcast on Ch66 (ITV etc) have been breaking up badly. The signal strength indicator on the good channels is stable but for Ch66 is pretty flakey. Can someone kindly give us a clue how this might happen and what I
February 4th 04 11:09 PM
by John Porcella Go to last post
4 180
Crystal Palace + DTT signal "quality" readings on STB by Nick
Should I be surprised that just 12 miles from Crystal Palace (in Bexley, DA5) I get *very* strong and virtually perfect analogue reception, but using a decent 18-element Grp A aerial I'm getting readings of just 35% signal strength and approx 60% signal quality? Occasional signal break-up in bad weather when signal quality goes down to around 50%. A wideband aerial to Bluebell Hill, around 18...
February 4th 04 11:09 PM
by John Porcella Go to last post
3 319
Outdoor aerial by Ian
Hello people, We've got an outdoor aerial which has been there for at least 20 years. Up until a few weeks ago it was fine for watching freeview on Sony IDTV and also piped into an old ONDigital box. Since a gust of wind knocked it out of its bracket, we reattached it but we can't get about half of the channels. Our indoor aerial with a panasonic stb works fine.
February 4th 04 11:09 PM
by John Porcella Go to last post
4 172
Tv Travel Shop dies - what now? by John James
Is it the first Freeview channel to end? I think so.And not before time. But what's to replace it. There seems to be little rush to fill this or the other (CBM) channel or 2 still going begging. What channels are Topup TV planning to use - buy out the shopping channels? I'd prefer to pay a few quid for half watchable Tv rather than shopping any day.
February 4th 04 11:01 PM
by John James Go to last post
0 147
Freeview Channels 701 & 702 by Mike @ www.lefkada-homes.com
What's happening on 701 & 702 from Winter Hill folks ? -- Mike @ www.lefkada-homes.com
February 4th 04 09:24 PM
by Mike @ www.lefkada-homes.com Go to last post
0 136
Nebula and Windows MCE? by K
Does the Nebula digitv card or USB device work with Window Media Center edition? I have a MCE pc and would like to add the nebula USB card to it for freeview. Thanks Kevin
February 4th 04 09:19 PM
by Darren Wilkinson Go to last post
3 140
Beware Argos Electronic SCART box by Andy Mackie
If anyone is considering buying the "Masterplug Electronic SCART Selector" from Argos, then don't! It simply doesn't work as advertised, and does not automatically switch to the last device switched on. It's this one: http://tinyurl.com/2ko73 (stock no. 534/3047). If I am watching device A, then switch on device B, automatic switching does not occur. Only if you switch device A off, will it then...
February 4th 04 06:37 PM
by ArmandAlegge Go to last post
3 169
Multi Region DVD gives B&W/Colour by Damian
Can anyone point me in the direction of the right answer please. I bought modified Sony DAV S550 DVD system, modified by the supplier to play multi-region DVD's. Recently, I got my hands on a Region 1 NTSC DVD. The result was an alternating B&W / Colour image, changing about every 1 second. Sound was perfect. Some slight vertical banding on the B&W image. (The DVD played perfectly on a friend's...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 4th 04 05:56 PM
by Xbase Go to last post
11 387
A Freeview set top box and aerial questions by Callum Chau
Hello all. I am interested in buying a Freeview set top box but would like to find out more information about them as regards to quality, features, value for money etc and am wondering if there are any recommendations or websites that can give me more information. Also with regards to aerials, I have a communal aerial and have been lead to believe that it will not be completely capable of...
February 4th 04 05:09 PM
by Dave Fawthrop Go to last post
4 288
Ku-Band and C-Band dishes by Munroe
A really dumb question - if I had a C-band dish could I recieve Ku band signals by just changing the LNB and pointing it in the right direction? Believe it or now I am an engineer and someone asked me this and I am stumped......... Any help required
February 4th 04 04:08 PM
by Anonymous Go to last post
2 151
My husbands going to kill me, please advise me? by John Key
On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 12:33:14 -0400, rgmw wrote: Someone help me please!! I have given my personal information in a newsgroup using his business phone number of 15 years that only rings here. I am starting to get 2 phones calls a day (usually at night when he works) and I can't tell him I was that stupid. Can I erase the post and who would I call If I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 4th 04 03:22 PM
by Alex Bird Go to last post
13 290
The New Face of BBC News? by Aztech
http://blugg.com/stuff/foxs_view_of_the_bbc_player.htm (Warning: keep hot beverages at safe distance) They're only copying us, apparently :- http://www.thehill.com/living/010704_british.aspx Az.
February 4th 04 02:55 PM
by James Go to last post
6 239
Freeview and that Red Button by Matti Lamprhey
When I watch a programme like _Question Time_, "digital viewers" are invited to "vote by pressing the red button". Surely this requires a phone line to be hooked up to the system, and this won't be available on Freeview? Or am I missing something? Matti
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 4th 04 12:43 PM
by Willie Go to last post
15 366
How Long by Peter
How long will it be before most TV's sold ( 14" upwards ) will have freeveiw built in, it can't cost much more surely to do this ?. Even expensive Lcd and Plasma sets don't seem to come with it yet ! savid
February 4th 04 11:40 AM
by Peter G Sheppard Go to last post
5 170
Rigger's Diary - helpful tip by Bill
When using a staple gun try to keep your mind on the job. In particular be careful not to staple your finger to the skirting board. This is extremely painful and may cause blood to stain the customer's carpet. As you will be fixed to the wall you may be unable to reach your toolbox, and asking the customer to pass you a pair of pliers could alert them to the fact that something is wrong. Bill...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 4th 04 09:23 AM
by Moldy Go to last post
14 331