Post New Thread
Ferguson FreeView (Cheap one from Currys) by James
Hello all, I bought one of these things before Christmas, it works fine except for the text, when I press the red button nothing happens (It's worked once or twice). But my brother has a Goodman's box, from the same aerial and his works fine. I'm thinking either I have a dodgy box, or my signal strength is not up to scratch,
January 27th 04 01:12 PM
by Roger Wilmut Go to last post
8 503
WinTV Nova-t PCI, new 2.16a software and DVRec problems by Moldy
Anyone else having problems with the v2.16a software? Whenever DVRec tries to close DVB-TV.exe it crashes with the following error: Event Type: Error Event Source: Application Error Event Category: None Event ID: 1000 Date: 25/01/2004 Time: 09:55:10 User: N/A
January 27th 04 10:21 AM
by Moldy Go to last post
2 271
Pana Digibox CT20 and setting channels by Andy Kirby
I have a CT20 fed by a Unix 52 pointing at Dover about 13 miles away. On my old group C/D aerial I got flaky Mux 1 on Channel 68 despite a signal quality of 9. The other muxes were OK. With the Unix 52 I get rubbish Mux C on 39 with signal quality of 4. The rest are all OK with quality at 9, Mux 1 comes via 45. In summary: C/D aerial: 1/68, 2/61, A/55, B/58, C/57, D/60. Unix 52: 1/45, 2/61,...
January 27th 04 07:28 AM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
6 298
DVB sound quality as DISGRACE ! by Agamemnon
It's like listening to a tame Dalek when watching Channel 4 which is the worst ofender. The sound quality of DVB even at 256 Kbps is a DISGRACE ! When are the broadcasters going to stop using the disgraceful MUSICAM codec and start using a better codec like AT&T. Even at the maximum bitrate of 384 Kbps the quality of MUSICAM is unacceptable. I am sick of it. I cant use my surround sound, I cant...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 27th 04 01:33 AM
by Agamemnon Go to last post
26 537
My slant on - Picture or Sound Loss for entire mux - bug with Pace Twin by Moonshine
There is already a reference to the loss of entire mux on the PaceTwin Bug web site... http://www.riscthis.net/pacetwin/bugs.html I've had this occur a couple of time now, particularly with the ITV mux. This is what I discovered the other night... Signal strength is usually fine and the 2 other Freeview boxes in the house never give a problem.
January 26th 04 05:00 PM
by Moonshine Go to last post
0 164
Freeview Complaint paid off? by Paul Woodsford
I live in Cowbridge, S.Wales approx: 8mls from Wenvoe mast which is visible from the roof. Wide Band aerial all Freeview MUX's recieved at 96% strength but quality was 100% for every Channel except 34 and 40 which show ITV channels ( 64QMA ), these varying from 75 to 50% quality. These 2 channels were unwatchable. E-mailed Crown Castle that run the transmitter and complained in writing...
January 26th 04 12:29 PM
by Alex Bird Go to last post
6 322
Fusion by Rod
For those that have purchased one of the new Fusion freeview boxes what do you think of them? I'm considering placing an order for the new box with 40gig hard disk. Very tempted by the ability to record 60 hours and set timer up to 7 days in advance. Thanks
January 26th 04 11:52 AM
by Rod Go to last post
0 192
BBC News 24 - Aspect Ratio Glitches by aa
I've recently (last couple of weeks or so) spotted the occasional glitch whereby the aspect ratio on this channel incorrectly changes from 16:9 to 4:3 for a few seconds then reverts back to 16:9. Symptoms have been reported to Crown Castle who are investigating further. I've noticed it happening at around 5pm ish. TX in my case is Mendip and receiver Pace / Ondigital (Mk. 1). Anyone else...
January 26th 04 09:04 AM
by aa Go to last post
8 246
Mobile DVB-T Using Least Robust Mode by Steve
See page 13 of: http://www.dvb.org/documents/newsletters/DVB-SCENE-08.pdf (1.0 MB) 64-QAM, code rate = 3/4, 8K subcarriers, low priority hierarchical modulation stream was successfully received at 120 kmh using the latest mobile DVB-T diversity receiver in Sydney. That's 24 Mbps mux capacity isn't it? (equivalent to 125 x 192kbps stations)
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 26th 04 08:59 AM
by Richard L. Go to last post
60 1,126
Masterplug Gold Plated Scart Lead - A review by Bill
Anyway, I was thinking of the stimulation of the clitoris using the tongue. Known as a fish supper in this neck of the woods. It's no good beating about the bush is it? Ha ha! I was thinking of 'a four of fish and finger pie' which is more technical and digital, and therefore on topic. Yes, I suppose so. Stimulation of the clitoris with the finger is digital
January 25th 04 09:22 PM
by Matti Lamprhey Go to last post
1 164
Nevo Codes for Humax by Robin Smith
I tried the Nevo site today for these but there are no codes for any Humax devices. Anyone know if there is a compatible company name or if humax used to be called something else before now Thanks
January 25th 04 06:15 PM
by Robin Smith Go to last post
0 225
Phillips DTR1500 software fault? by Bill
My customer has a Phillips DTR1500 DTT box. This was originally installed with a Belmont aerial (Gp A), so it found the ch 30 mux. It also found all the Emley Moor muxes, despite the aerial being on Belmont. After a new Emley Moor aerial was fitted the box was put through the 'virgin install' procedure. This worked and ch30 disappeared, but it came back by itself about three hours later....
January 25th 04 06:10 PM
by Ian Tindale Go to last post
4 238
iI just want to trim the start of Win 2000 recorded files by mickcant
Hi all, Thanks to previous help, I can record VCD compatible files, with my Win TV 2000 card. I can then burn them to CD as VCD, and play them ok. What I would like to do now is after recording a TV programme edit the file to the actual start of the programme! there was a Nano Peg Editor, that kept getting: Video cannot be edited/error code = - 1 I removed the editor and at there website...
January 25th 04 06:09 PM
by Joseph Go to last post
1 145
7 day EPG by nick
Playing around with the Pace Twinview's EPG I noticed its no longer now & next, but extends over the next few days. Looks like they are broadcasting 7 day EPG at last.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 25th 04 04:17 PM
by Simon Slavin Go to last post
44 951
Remote control for Goodmans GDB2? by Ridwan Hughes
Just got a cheap Goodmans GDB2 freeview box, the remote control that came with it is some universal one, I got the power button working so far but can't get past the setup screen asking what mode I want 4:3 or 16:9 and to press select, only the remote won't do anything but power. What one-for-all remote can I get that will allow me to have full control over the GDB2 box? --
January 25th 04 03:20 PM
by Ridwan Hughes Go to last post
0 224
new 216.exe software and DEC200 by keith Alexander
I downloaded the latest 216.exe from the hedgepig web site :-( bad move the damn thing won't now tune all the channels all I can now get are the same six. Probably from the first mux which are first detected on channel 21 then the same channels are repeatedly detected on 24 then 27 ................ and so on This is whilst scanning all channels, it gets worse if I try to set the region to my...
January 25th 04 12:28 PM
by Default Go to last post
8 387
Freeview in Fringe area with DAT-75 loft mounted aerial. by Jerry Lowe
We use NTL cable for normal use. But as a backup & in-case we lose the NTL RF pass-thru I have installed a loft aerial. As we live in a fringe area in Farnborough Hants, I installed a Televes DAT-75 aerial with Margin Sensing device and masthead amp in the loft pointing to the Hannington transmitter. This gives us more or less perfect analogue picture on BBC1, BBC2 and ITV1. With acceptable CH4...
January 25th 04 09:05 AM
by Jerry Lowe Go to last post
8 351
Suggested enhancements to Pace Twin Freeview PVR by Moonshine
I've had Pace Twin Freeview box for a few weeks now but have waited until the new software load was available to see what that brought before making a few suggestions for improvments that I think could be made to the software to enhance the user experience. This is my 5th Ondigital/Freeview receiver. Boxes owned have been the original Nokia OD box, the Pioneer OD box, the Daewoo SetPal FV box...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 25th 04 09:00 AM
by QrizB Go to last post
16 621
Sony KV32DS65U - Software updates - Newbie help please! by RatBag
Through this group I read of software updates for Sony iDTV's. What should these updates do and how are they done please? Many thanks.
January 24th 04 10:59 PM
by RatBag Go to last post
0 162
Rip off price? Freeview boxes. by David
Just been in Argos and they are selling DVD players for 29-99. Yet the shops sell Freeview boxes at 59-99 upwards to over 100. This means a DVD player costs a half or less to produce than a Freeview box, or a UK rip off. -- Regards, David Please reply to News Group.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 24th 04 08:46 PM
by Rich Go to last post
19 554