Post New Thread
Top-Up TV new digiboxes. by ArmandAlegge
For its encryption TTV is going to upgrade by OAD new CAM software for the old OnDigital/ITVDigital boxes...how uncrackable is that going to be? There appears also to be an announcement that they have done a deal with a box maufacturer for Tup-Up boxes...one assumes this must be the card slot version of Pace's 200 series box with an appropriate CAM added. How much for this box 110 - 120?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 15th 04 02:30 PM
by Steve Go to last post
16 414
topup tv - what channels will go to make way for it? by John James
Apart from TV Travel shop which has gone already what other channels are being taken over? I thought there was no 'free' capacity on the system??
February 15th 04 01:20 PM
by Zach Go to last post
2 141
best freeview box? by SA
whats the best freeview box pls (pref compatible with tivo) thanks
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 15th 04 12:33 PM
by pete Go to last post
12 377
Winter Hill problem resolved! by Ian
Hello, After years of terrible interference, i found an aerial installer that knew what he was doing and wasn't out to rip people off. The problem started when onDigital was launched and I could only get a few channels. I have had one expensive aerial after the other, changes of coax, preamps, you name it. I now have on most of the channels a signal of 80% and quality of 97%. The exception is...
February 15th 04 11:44 AM
by M. J. Powell Go to last post
4 193
nebula digi card tuning by leon
I have this card and after tuning notice that it tunes to wenvoe but i can see kilvey from my window and cannot suss out how to get digitv to tune to this , appreciate any help. TIA --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.588 / Virus Database: 372 - Release Date: 13/02/2004
February 15th 04 12:40 AM
by Steve Go to last post
3 172
High Quality TV Coax Cables by Dee
How much difference does those high quality Coax cables make over normal ones and which featues help reduce interference and provide the best signal - espacially for digital TV? Is it a) The gold plating b) Short cable length c) Foil Shielding?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 14th 04 11:48 PM
by Richard Watkinson Go to last post
14 928
Channel 26 now showing TUTV Promo video by Russell
Looky looky looky. Russell
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 14th 04 09:47 PM
by Michael McConnell Go to last post
17 410
audio modulation depth by Steve Blinkhorn
I have a Grundig Freeview box connected via SCART to a VCR which feeds a distribution system. Audio modulation seems much less than on analogue channels, and VCR recordings of digital channels have very poor sound. Is this a known phenomenon? A feature of the Grundig box? A lousy SCART cable? Or W.H.Y? -- Steve Blinkhorn
February 14th 04 08:35 PM
by Martin Angove Go to last post
1 194
Another thought on TUT. by Paul Grayson
Have all existing STBs been tested to ensure that if they receive an encrypted signal that they don't crash or otherwise malfunction? With TUT supposedly starting soon there will quite a few miffed viewers if one or more existing box crashes on receipt of such a signal. Incidentally, where have all the top-posting gob-****es come from? They wern't here last week.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 14th 04 08:27 PM
by Martin Angove Go to last post
16 493
Strong SRT 5000 Freeview box at Richer Sounds by Mike O'sullivan
Has anybody used this box, currently selling for 49.95 at Richer.
February 14th 04 06:25 PM
by Dave Fawthrop Go to last post
6 295
How are TUTV allowed to exist? by tHatDudeUK
Can I make my own pay-tv service on freeview with unlimited financial backing? Why don't they p**s off and go on another platform or make a new channel instead of wasting their time and others.
February 14th 04 03:52 PM
by Ted Richardson Go to last post
9 248
retune request by richard
Last night my sagem digibox requested I retune as new channels were available, having done this BBC1 and 2 are now freezing up all the time, I use the emley moor.
February 14th 04 03:19 PM
by Les Hellawell Go to last post
3 157
Rugby BBC-i by Ted Richardson
The BBC-i D-SAT software looks not to have changed from last year's 6 Nations. There is one serious bug that remains, concerning the selection of alternative audio services. The process involves a ring menu style selection of various APID services broadcast especially for the event; as an example the current options are :- "BBC TV", "Radio Ulster", "Radio 5 Live" and "Ref Link" The "Ref...
February 14th 04 02:46 PM
by Ted Richardson Go to last post
0 208
Rigger's Diary -- postscript by Bill
I'd had quite a tussle in our kitchen with Carolyn's abandoned Panasonic VCR (resurrected by Hil for her own use), because it seemed to be generating spurious signals on a lot of channels. I suppose there must be something wrong with the modulator. As I said yesterday I managed to make the VCR, the Thompson DTT box, and the Grundig telly live in harmony, more or less. Incidentally the Grundig is...
February 14th 04 12:19 AM
by Bill Go to last post
5 291
pls rec a v good freeview box / freeview pvr by x-\)
I currently have a tivo with ntl set top box I would prefer to goto a freeview twin channel pvr to make my monthly bill cheaper whats the best freeview twin channel pvr that you can upgrade hdds? or best freeview box compatible with tivo thankyou
February 13th 04 11:01 PM
by Xbase Go to last post
2 170
Monkey! by Mat Overton
I notice the Gadget shop is now selling monkey with a wide variety of new T-shirts. Have they started to remanufacture monkey due to popular demand and an upcoming pilot? He's only 15 now. I bet all those who joined the ITV digital auction are kicking themselves. ISTR Monkeys going for at least 80 quid. Mind you did we ever find out who the thick people were bidding twice what they were worth...
February 13th 04 09:02 PM
by Jaime Go to last post
1 185
Top-Up TV lodges complaint against BBC by Archibold Pumper ESQ
Top-Up TV founders David Chance and Ian West have lodged a complaint with telecoms regulator Ofcom about the BBC's reaction to its upcoming launch. The company, whose 11-channel pay TV package goes live on DTT in a month, has claimed that the corporation is trying to "hamper" its launch plans by refusing to co-operate. The BBC, a key-player in the Freeview operation, is notably unhappy...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 13th 04 07:06 PM
by Brian McIlwrath Go to last post
13 430
Best UK Nebula price! by EddySon
If you are looking for a Nebula TV card, best price at the moment seems to be www.mkccomputers.co.uk eD
February 13th 04 06:40 PM
by CyberSOGA Go to last post
2 229
Re crown vcr a pile of ****e by Dogtanian
Why is it? Horses for courses! Don't be such an effing snob.
February 13th 04 06:03 PM
by Ivan Go to last post
2 178
Channel spacings by P.R.Brady
I've gathered from Bill's excellent pages that channel with spacings of 1, 5 or 9 are liable to cause interference with each other. However, the digital channels from Llandonna break these rules having spacings of 1, 5 and 9 away from analogue channels. Is there something in the nature of digital which prevents it from interfering with adjacent analogue channels? Regards Phil Brady
February 13th 04 05:09 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
4 208
Post New Thread