Post New Thread
RF loop through by mark
Does anyone have experience of using either two set top boxes or a set top box with a Nebula card off the same aerial cable (ie looped through one into the other)? I want to run a single coax through a Nebula card (for recording programmes) and then into a set top box (for everyday watching) but I am dubious as to the likely quality of the signal after it has gone through the first box/card. Am...
January 22nd 04 05:22 PM
by mark Go to last post
3 1,199
Masterplug Gold Plated Scart Lead - A review by Bill
That were a while ago now though weren't it Bill. No, that's top dollar round these parts. You couldn't get a fish supper for that price now. I'm not sure what you mean by a fish supper. I hope you don't mean what I think you mean, but if you do I'd want paying for it, not the other way round . . . Bill
January 22nd 04 05:18 PM
by Bill Go to last post
0 154
Pace Twin Jumps by Andy Atkinson
Just got myself a pace twin in the argos sale. I keep getting the occasional "jump" while watching both live and recorded broadcasts. My signal strength is around 40% but i'm not in an ideal situation. I live in Morley, Leeds and our aerial points towards a Tyne Tees transmitting transmitter. In addition the aeriel is shared between 4 flats. I don't want to mess about with the aerial here as we...
January 22nd 04 04:54 PM
by mr. nik Go to last post
2 142
Left shift of picture with NTSC DVDs? by Simon Long
Hi All, I have finally managed to get a TV that I am pretty happy with (Sony KD32DX150 - 300 over my original budget, but it doesn't make that dreadful 15.6 kHz whining noise...) I have one outstanding problem with this set. I am using it with a Pioneer DV-656A DVD player, and the picture is pretty much perfectly aligned for PAL discs. However, with NTSC discs, the picture is shifted about...
January 22nd 04 04:39 PM
by Gareth Jones Go to last post
7 289
Continuously Resetting Freeview Unit by Geoff Lane
I've had a Goodmans Freeview box for a couple of weeks, just testdriving it for an elderly relative. I am quite happy with the ease of set up and general layout but am concerned that twice in the two weeks it has required a full scan for channels. One occasion telling me there was no signal and on the other just taking me straight to the initial installation menu.
January 22nd 04 03:05 PM
by Geoff Lane Go to last post
8 362
New channels by Dogtanian
So much for Disney channel then. When are we going to get some new channels. More the merrier!
January 22nd 04 02:22 PM
by Paul Evans Go to last post
2 162
Old Nokia Ondigital box hung by Stuart Rogers
I have an old Nokia box which when I turned it on recently came up with "error updating - retrying". It now will do nothing else, it is completely hung in this state. I've tried turning it off and leaving it for days, but it still says the same when I turn it on. Does anyone have any idea how this might be sorted, it was working fine before I turned it off (to do some re-wiring)! Does anyone...
January 22nd 04 12:41 PM
by GJP Go to last post
4 196
Was DAB or FreeView the "must have" Christmas present? by David Robinson
Sorry if this was already discussed last week - I was very happily in a PC free zone over Christmas and New Year! Despite the hype, it seems that neither DAB nor FreeView were "must have" Christmas presents. Contrary to what the many radio adverts said, you could leave buying a DAB digital radio to the last minute, and still have a choice in the shops I visited.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 22nd 04 10:27 AM
by Mark Waters Go to last post
106 1,579
Television suddenly not working by colin
Hi all, I have had a Beko 28" widescreen for almost 2 years now and have had no problems with it until now... Went to switch it on this morning and there was nothing. Suspected that perhaps the fuse had gone in the plug so replaced that to no avail. So before I take the telly to bits I wondered if anyone else has experienced this and perhaps point me in the direction to a possible solution.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 21st 04 07:49 PM
by Der888 Go to last post
13 318
alluminium pole by thomas f
Apologies if this has come up before! I tried a google to no avail. My wideband aerial is currently on a 5 foot pole attached to the chimney, I want to raise it to hopefully get a better digital reception from freeview, analogue is fantastic. I live in a bungalow and can receive from Belmont or Waltham (halfway between) but both are pretty crap depending on weather and time of day. So I have 2...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 21st 04 12:58 PM
by Simon Gardner Go to last post
22 447
FreeView - Conflict of Interests by Geoff Lane
Freeview is made up of a consortium of BBC, Crown Castle International (Who the hell are they) and BSkyB respectively. I assume BSkyB are Sky as we know them and if so I wonder how enthusiastic a partner they are in promoting something that might stop someone paying their subscription charges. Geoff Lane
January 21st 04 12:58 PM
by John Porcella Go to last post
8 220
What's a mux? by Dogtanian
January 21st 04 09:29 AM
by Tony Walton Go to last post
7 406
Small Monitor screen by Ade Evans
I know its OT but you lot ALWAYS know...mind you, Agamemnon will say, whatever it is, its bad and blame the government or someone! I'm after a small TFT (possibly) screen. Want to use it to monitor the video camera I have on my entrance hall. I'd like it about 5-7" and run it off mains voltage. Any ideas?
January 21st 04 07:33 AM
by Dave Fawthrop Go to last post
5 262
Bush Integrated TV by Andrew UK
I also bought an integrated TV during the days of OnDigital. I have done updates and stored new channels etc. and it works fine with Freeview except I can't get any of the interactive services, no digital teletext, no BBCi, nothing. Is it just a case that my box doesn't hanve (and never will have) these features? Is there anything I can do, other than buy a new TV + a modern set top box?
January 21st 04 06:50 AM
by Andrew UK Go to last post
2 178
Has Mux-D on Bilsdale had it's power reduced recently? by Paul Grayson
I lent my Gruding GDT2000 to my mother a couple of months ago, and she was able to receive all every Mux from Bilsdale with few problems, once I picked a reasonable channel for the output modulator (no spare scart) and located the box to somewhere interference free. I took the box away a few weeks before Christmas. Last week I bought her a Daewoo Setpal box and installed it. I've tried re-tuning...
January 21st 04 01:13 AM
by Bill Go to last post
9 246
Missing left edge of TV Picture by [email protected]
Hi - here is a quick query - on my Telewest Digital Tv Service I use a regular 4:3 TV - and notice that the information (e.g. Credits) presented in the left edge of picture are not displayed. NOt having a Horizontal shift on the telly and not being aware of any setup options via didgi service - can anyone help? Other people must get this problem too. The TV is scarted to digi box - no difference...
2 138
Masterplug Gold available from a store near you! by Bob Lurker
Masterplug Gold 52 Element TV Aerial. This high performance aerial enhances all available TV signals and is superb for digital freeview. The large reflector protects from co-channel interference and an integral electrical circuit enhances digital pick-up and reduces interference on analogue. The kit comes complete with 12m of digitally benchmarked co-axial cable;
January 20th 04 08:57 PM
by Steve Walker Go to last post
3 235
Continuously Resetting Freeview Box by Geoff Lane
On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 15:27:57 +0000, Geoff Lane wrote: I've had a Goodmans Freeview box for a couple of weeks, just testdriving it for an elderly relative. Whoops, wrong group - sorry. Geoff Lane Welwyn Hatfield Computer Club - Hertfordshire, UK
January 20th 04 02:31 PM
by Geoff Lane Go to last post
0 148
Continuously Resetting Freeview Box by Geoff Lane
On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 15:27:57 +0000, Geoff Lane wrote: I've had a Goodmans Freeview box for a couple of weeks, just testdriving it for an elderly relative. Whoops, wrong group - sorry. Geoff Lane Welwyn Hatfield Computer Club - Hertfordshire, UK
January 20th 04 02:30 PM
by Geoff Lane Go to last post
0 139
help with attic antenna for over the air reception using house coax system by Bill
An outside antenna will last about 3 to 5 years because of the weather erosion. They must use pretty poor quality gear in your country. I've recently started refurbishment and modernisation of some aerials at a very high windy location. Some of the aerials were installed thirty years ago and they are still sound. We expect aerials to last at least 20 years in the UK. It is also very
January 20th 04 11:56 AM
by Bill Go to last post
0 135
Post New Thread