Post New Thread
X box radiating by Bill
The complaint was of wavy lines on C4 (ch21). The cause turned out to be the 'X box' on the floor below the telly. Since this was a council job and the ratepayers already pay more than enough in my opinion I didn't want to get involved, so I didn't investigate but merely advised the tenant to switch off the X box if they wished to watch C4. Has anyone else seen this problem? X boxes radiating I...
February 9th 04 12:18 PM
by Alex Bird Go to last post
7 294
Help! - Bought a second hand Digibox - is it broken? by Moldy
I just purchased a second hande Digibox and get the following message displayed on the following channels: "NO SATELLITE SIGNAL IS BEING RECEIVED" 259 PERFORMANCE 271 ACTV 283 GAME IN TV 429 GOLF CHANNEL 467 CHANNEL U
February 9th 04 12:12 PM
by Moldy Go to last post
0 218
LG RE32FZ30RQ TV Opinions? by Chris
Looking around for a new tv! I have looked at the LG RE32FZ30RQ 100hz model for around 650, seem a good buy? Any opinions on the model or suggestions for a better model for around the same price? TIA Chris
February 9th 04 11:02 AM
by Mezza Go to last post
3 242
Rigger's Diary - zero profit day by Bill
I would get the dental appointment out of the way, then get into the office and make phone calls for half an hour, then get out and get some work done. That was the plan. The dentist listened to my litany of symptoms (pain just below my nose, taste in my mouth, pain when chewing, wobbly feeling in the 4th from the front on the left, upper jaw) and peered into my mouth. "There's a great big crack...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 9th 04 10:46 AM
by Simon Slavin Go to last post
20 507
Radio recording by JPG
I recorded a radio programme on Freeview using a DEC 2000t. The file is in mp2 format. What can I do with this file, apart from playing it on my PC using various media players. Can I convert it to mp3 and burn it to a CDR? Will it burn "as is" to a DVD or VCD for playing on a standalone DVD player? JPG
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 9th 04 10:41 AM
by David Robinson Go to last post
12 454
Top Up TV to only be 4 streams. by Russell
Looks like there will only be 4 streams (3 on Mux A and one supplied by Channel 4) carrying "elements" from Sky One, UK Gold, E4, TCM, Cartoon Network, Bloomberg and Decovery. Timeshare-me-do. Full story: http://www.dtg.org.uk/latest/latest_top_up.htm Russell
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 9th 04 01:40 AM
by John Porcella Go to last post
20 611
How long before pocket digital tv's ? by Dave
All the Casio types tv's with 2.5 inch screens etc will be redundant soon so can we expect to see digital versions in the next few years ?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 8th 04 03:55 PM
by Ted Richardon Go to last post
22 559
Radio recording part 2 by JPG
I wrote recently about converting a radio progamme I had recorded to a format suitable for optical media. Thanks for all the helpful replies. I converted from mp2 to mp3 - I now need to edit - is there a suitable editor for mp3? I need to split the file at certain points and extract individual files. TIA
February 8th 04 02:23 PM
by leon Go to last post
1 160
Sandy BBC DTT Changes on Thursday? by Stephen
My Pace Twin is telling me I will need to re-tune after 10:00am on Thursday. What is changing? Stephen
February 8th 04 12:17 AM
by david abbot Go to last post
8 228
Nova-T usb linux by Mike
We're trying to use the Hauppauge Nova-T usb with linux (2.6.2-rc2). We've recompiled the kernel with what we believe to be the correct parameters (TDMB7 frontend). The /dev/dvb/ nodes are present. We've included support for I2C. The real problem is that we're not sure what parameters the linux dvb "scan" program requires in the frequency list file. We're using Sutton Coldfield & our uk-Sutton...
February 7th 04 10:25 PM
by Simon Farnsworth Go to last post
1 161
Sandy Heath problems? by Tim Walker
I keep losing ITV1 & ITV2 signals from Sandy Heath, anyone else experiencing these problems? -- Regards Tim ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------
February 7th 04 06:59 PM
by John W Go to last post
4 181
Sky + auto copy by mike.james
I'm using a Sky+ connected so that it turns the VCR on and off when I use the copy function. My problem is that the VCR doesn't always get going quickly enough when the SCART signals to turn on. Is there any way I can use the setup on the Sky+ box to increase how long it waits showing the program details before it starts to the copy playback? mikej
February 7th 04 11:48 AM
by mike.james Go to last post
0 142
Whats happened to the Wrekin? by Bill
Of course the analogue sigs. from the same mast are powered by generators attached to wheels full of running hamsters, so that explains why they are still on... Yes? Leaving aside this amusing hypothesis, surely it is not inconceivable that the digital transmitters could be powered seperately to the analogue ones. Bill http://www.wrightsaerials.tv/index.html
February 7th 04 11:39 AM
by Sarah Browning Go to last post
1 203
Rigger's Diary - zero profit day by Bill
And YOU have the brass cheek to complain about "card sharps" Yes, well they were highly offensive and actually rather menacing sometimes. I found their presence intolerable. Bill http://www.wrightsaerials.tv/index.html
February 7th 04 10:14 AM
by Bill Go to last post
0 148
Power change by David
http://members.lycos.co.uk/ukdtttx/ -- Regards, David Please reply to News Group.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 7th 04 10:01 AM
by Garry Go to last post
15 433
PCI DTT cards/streaming video and audio by anthony james
I originally posted this on alt.digital.radio since my primary concern is the audio (and thus i have the option of DAB instead of DTT) since i can use my TiVo as a video source. However people here may be able to help: I want to get a PC to use as a central 'always on' media/fileserver holding my data and MP3's. I'm thinking the most appropriate place might actually be the kitchen. I also...
February 7th 04 01:52 AM
by Peter G Sheppard Go to last post
4 216
Whats happened to the Wrekin? by Malcolm Congreve
Has the river Severn flooded? No signal on all channels Help
February 7th 04 01:18 AM
by Malcolm Congreve Go to last post
4 209
The worst thing about TOPUP.TV .... by Paul Grayson
..... is all the spam regarding pirate cards that will appear here and elsewhere once they launch.
February 7th 04 12:33 AM
by Bill Go to last post
6 201
Sweepstake by Mat Overton
Death of Top Up TV sweepstake anyone? 8 - 10 per month? I'm guessing December 2004..... ;)
February 6th 04 08:32 PM
by Paul Grayson Go to last post
7 196
ITV - Pixelation city by Geoff
I often notice how bad the digital picture on ITV1 is on Sky Digital. It's obviously because they've crammed too many channels onto one frequency. It's very noticeable on "I'm a celebrity" lately-more so than most other programmes. I read in this group recently that if you set your Sky box to pick up another ITV region, you'll get a better quality picture. Well I've tried several different...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 6th 04 07:03 PM
by Marcus Durham Go to last post
15 422