Post New Thread
Another Pace Twin upgraded- 30 hours storage by Spock
I've just upgraded the hard drive in my Pace twin, to 60 GB, giving over 30 hours storage ! I got the drive from Watford Electronics: http://www.savastore.com/search.asp?storeS=cprd&keyword=10266098&imageField422.x=25&imageField422.y=7 for a steep 140 ! Installation was easy as previously described...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 27th 04 11:41 PM
by Spock Go to last post
11 378
Piping Sky and Freeview around house. by simonbray
Wonder if someone can give me some advice. At the moment, the three TV's in the bedrooms can receive both freeview and sky (the receivers are on the lounge). Unfortunately, the picture is really bad on the 2nd and subsequent TVs. I was goinf to replace all the coax as we are using some which the previous owners left, but we don't know the best way to feed the TVs. The cuerrent setup is:
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 27th 04 10:26 PM
by Geoff Lane Go to last post
12 1,182
Panasonic Box out of Sync by Nic
Has anyone with a TUCT30 freeview box had lip sync problems. I was watching without a trace last night on Ch4 and noticed the audio/video sync going out and then back to normal and then out out. I also had it on Ch5 on Saturday night. --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
January 27th 04 07:28 PM
by Nic Go to last post
4 168
First Commercial Mobile DVB-T Diversity Receiver by Steve
Don't know how much it is, where to get it from, or when it will be available, but I want one: http://www.hitopcomm.com/products/mob2-t1200.html -- Steve - http://www.digitalradiotech.co.uk/ DAB sounds worse than Freeview, digital satellite, cable, broadband
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 27th 04 03:57 PM
by Steve Go to last post
41 930
DVRec and Hauppauge WinTV (USB) software by luap bopper
Hi People I downloaded and trialled DVRec and it pretty much did what it said on the tin, so I am considering purchasing. Now the trial has expired I appear to be unable to record with the standard Hauppauge software. Picture is breaking up, no sound etc.... Has anyone else encountered this? I hope the software hasn't time bombed the Hauppauge software. I used to just use it to record the...
January 27th 04 01:51 PM
by David van Kemenade Go to last post
1 133
Ferguson FreeView (Cheap one from Currys) by James
Hello all, I bought one of these things before Christmas, it works fine except for the text, when I press the red button nothing happens (It's worked once or twice). But my brother has a Goodman's box, from the same aerial and his works fine. I'm thinking either I have a dodgy box, or my signal strength is not up to scratch,
January 27th 04 12:12 PM
by Roger Wilmut Go to last post
8 446
WinTV Nova-t PCI, new 2.16a software and DVRec problems by Moldy
Anyone else having problems with the v2.16a software? Whenever DVRec tries to close DVB-TV.exe it crashes with the following error: Event Type: Error Event Source: Application Error Event Category: None Event ID: 1000 Date: 25/01/2004 Time: 09:55:10 User: N/A
January 27th 04 09:21 AM
by Moldy Go to last post
2 237
Pana Digibox CT20 and setting channels by Andy Kirby
I have a CT20 fed by a Unix 52 pointing at Dover about 13 miles away. On my old group C/D aerial I got flaky Mux 1 on Channel 68 despite a signal quality of 9. The other muxes were OK. With the Unix 52 I get rubbish Mux C on 39 with signal quality of 4. The rest are all OK with quality at 9, Mux 1 comes via 45. In summary: C/D aerial: 1/68, 2/61, A/55, B/58, C/57, D/60. Unix 52: 1/45, 2/61,...
January 27th 04 06:28 AM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
6 263
DVB sound quality as DISGRACE ! by Agamemnon
It's like listening to a tame Dalek when watching Channel 4 which is the worst ofender. The sound quality of DVB even at 256 Kbps is a DISGRACE ! When are the broadcasters going to stop using the disgraceful MUSICAM codec and start using a better codec like AT&T. Even at the maximum bitrate of 384 Kbps the quality of MUSICAM is unacceptable. I am sick of it. I cant use my surround sound, I cant...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 27th 04 12:33 AM
by Agamemnon Go to last post
26 483
My slant on - Picture or Sound Loss for entire mux - bug with Pace Twin by Moonshine
There is already a reference to the loss of entire mux on the PaceTwin Bug web site... http://www.riscthis.net/pacetwin/bugs.html I've had this occur a couple of time now, particularly with the ITV mux. This is what I discovered the other night... Signal strength is usually fine and the 2 other Freeview boxes in the house never give a problem.
January 26th 04 04:00 PM
by Moonshine Go to last post
0 150
Freeview Complaint paid off? by Paul Woodsford
I live in Cowbridge, S.Wales approx: 8mls from Wenvoe mast which is visible from the roof. Wide Band aerial all Freeview MUX's recieved at 96% strength but quality was 100% for every Channel except 34 and 40 which show ITV channels ( 64QMA ), these varying from 75 to 50% quality. These 2 channels were unwatchable. E-mailed Crown Castle that run the transmitter and complained in writing...
January 26th 04 11:29 AM
by Alex Bird Go to last post
6 295
Fusion by Rod
For those that have purchased one of the new Fusion freeview boxes what do you think of them? I'm considering placing an order for the new box with 40gig hard disk. Very tempted by the ability to record 60 hours and set timer up to 7 days in advance. Thanks
January 26th 04 10:52 AM
by Rod Go to last post
0 177
BBC News 24 - Aspect Ratio Glitches by aa
I've recently (last couple of weeks or so) spotted the occasional glitch whereby the aspect ratio on this channel incorrectly changes from 16:9 to 4:3 for a few seconds then reverts back to 16:9. Symptoms have been reported to Crown Castle who are investigating further. I've noticed it happening at around 5pm ish. TX in my case is Mendip and receiver Pace / Ondigital (Mk. 1). Anyone else...
January 26th 04 08:04 AM
by aa Go to last post
8 207
Mobile DVB-T Using Least Robust Mode by Steve
See page 13 of: http://www.dvb.org/documents/newsletters/DVB-SCENE-08.pdf (1.0 MB) 64-QAM, code rate = 3/4, 8K subcarriers, low priority hierarchical modulation stream was successfully received at 120 kmh using the latest mobile DVB-T diversity receiver in Sydney. That's 24 Mbps mux capacity isn't it? (equivalent to 125 x 192kbps stations)
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 26th 04 07:59 AM
by Richard L. Go to last post
60 1,002
Masterplug Gold Plated Scart Lead - A review by Bill
Anyway, I was thinking of the stimulation of the clitoris using the tongue. Known as a fish supper in this neck of the woods. It's no good beating about the bush is it? Ha ha! I was thinking of 'a four of fish and finger pie' which is more technical and digital, and therefore on topic. Yes, I suppose so. Stimulation of the clitoris with the finger is digital
January 25th 04 08:22 PM
by Matti Lamprhey Go to last post
1 146
Nevo Codes for Humax by Robin Smith
I tried the Nevo site today for these but there are no codes for any Humax devices. Anyone know if there is a compatible company name or if humax used to be called something else before now Thanks
January 25th 04 05:15 PM
by Robin Smith Go to last post
0 211
Phillips DTR1500 software fault? by Bill
My customer has a Phillips DTR1500 DTT box. This was originally installed with a Belmont aerial (Gp A), so it found the ch 30 mux. It also found all the Emley Moor muxes, despite the aerial being on Belmont. After a new Emley Moor aerial was fitted the box was put through the 'virgin install' procedure. This worked and ch30 disappeared, but it came back by itself about three hours later....
January 25th 04 05:10 PM
by Ian Tindale Go to last post
4 224
iI just want to trim the start of Win 2000 recorded files by mickcant
Hi all, Thanks to previous help, I can record VCD compatible files, with my Win TV 2000 card. I can then burn them to CD as VCD, and play them ok. What I would like to do now is after recording a TV programme edit the file to the actual start of the programme! there was a Nano Peg Editor, that kept getting: Video cannot be edited/error code = - 1 I removed the editor and at there website...
January 25th 04 05:09 PM
by Joseph Go to last post
1 132
7 day EPG by nick
Playing around with the Pace Twinview's EPG I noticed its no longer now & next, but extends over the next few days. Looks like they are broadcasting 7 day EPG at last.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 25th 04 03:17 PM
by Simon Slavin Go to last post
44 867
Remote control for Goodmans GDB2? by Ridwan Hughes
Just got a cheap Goodmans GDB2 freeview box, the remote control that came with it is some universal one, I got the power button working so far but can't get past the setup screen asking what mode I want 4:3 or 16:9 and to press select, only the remote won't do anything but power. What one-for-all remote can I get that will allow me to have full control over the GDB2 box? --
January 25th 04 02:20 PM
by Ridwan Hughes Go to last post
0 207
Post New Thread