Post New Thread
slightly OT - magic signal booster by Bill
Actually, I DO use satellite signals and still pay NO satellite fees! How dare you impoverish poor Mr Murdoch! Bill http://www.wrightsaerials.tv/index.html
January 17th 04 11:29 PM
by Bill Go to last post
0 155
DigiTV 3rd Party app support by CyberSOGA
http://www.nebula-electronics.com/support/shared_mem.asp
January 17th 04 10:51 PM
by Jaime Go to last post
4 159
Penetration of $ky (ohh, err, missus) by Dave MacRae
Does anyone know the persentage of households that receive $ky One? -- Regards Dave
January 17th 04 09:51 PM
by Chris Go to last post
1 141
Humax PVR8000T: Source by Robin Smith
I'm having trouble sourcing one of these. Empire ran out and cant seem to get any more. Anyone know where else I can get one from Cheers
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 17th 04 09:48 PM
by Alick Go to last post
11 318
100Hz TV & Freeview by G8XLH
Hi, A friend of mine is looking at buying a new TV, and has noticed that all the integrated TV's dont seem to be 100Hz. Is there a technical reason ? Is it just price ? Or perhaps he has not looked at the right places ?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 17th 04 06:03 PM
by Der888 Go to last post
23 607
Pace Twin Guarantee - revisited by nick
this is always the case in the UK. "Exiddor" wrote in message ... Some of you may remember my post from a couple of weeks ago in which I said that there was no guarantee card with my Pace Twin which I purchased from Argos. I've eventually received a reply from Pace which was brief and to the point: they do not provide a...
January 17th 04 05:21 PM
by Rod Go to last post
1 125
Pace Twin Guarantee - revisited by Zonky
Exiddor wrote in : I've eventually received a reply from Pace which was brief and to the point: they do not provide a guarantee card and any warranty is with the retailer. Certianly, there is no obligation for this in the Sale of Goods Acts. Although I'm very pleased with the Pace Twin, you may want to bear
January 17th 04 01:13 PM
by David Hearn Go to last post
9 303
13% are "dead against" Digital TV by Bill
'Pi x 625 = 1964'?) Well I'll be buggered! Bill http://www.wrightsaerials.tv/index.html
January 17th 04 01:03 PM
by Bill Go to last post
0 140
Ferguson FDT 500 FreeView under 50 by Simon Heather
"Nige" wrote in message ... I've just bought a Ferguson FDT 500 FreeView box for under 50 at Currys. That's the price of a couple of take-away curries! Plugged in, it works, got a timer, what more can you ask. Err .. how about a decent picture? I sold mine it was so bad. - Simon.
January 17th 04 12:16 PM
by Simon Heather Go to last post
0 157
Ferguson FDT 500 FreeView under 50 by rich a
Nige decided it would be mildly amusing to write: I've just bought a Ferguson FDT 500 FreeView box for under 50 at Currys. That's the price of a couple of take-away curries! Plugged in, it works, got a timer, what more can you ask. Well, you could ask for RGB (which the FDT500 doesn't output). --
January 17th 04 12:04 PM
by Brownie Go to last post
1 185
Fergy with no RGB? by Bill
About a year ago I fitted an aerial for the son of a friend. Reception is very poor at his location, and at the time I warned him that he would not be able to receive the muxes on chs 66 and 68 should he get a DTT box. He rung me the other day to say that he'd bought a DTT box and he couldn't get any reception. When I got there I did two things. I changed the flylead for one made from CT100 and I...
January 17th 04 11:06 AM
by ArmandAlegge Go to last post
3 230
Pace Twin Guarantee - revisited by Alick
Does that mean that the length of the warranty is determined by the Dealer?
January 17th 04 09:44 AM
by QrizB Go to last post
4 225
Humax PVR8000T first use review by Robin Smith
EPG with Sony Widescreen TV: Pretty poor. Menus do not scale correctly and overlap edges of visible screen. Seen this already a reported issue on the newsgroup Time of Day setup: Autoupdate sets TOD for CET. Suspect this is a German box Recording satrt end time: Not sure yet if this is intelligent or not (PDC???) ie does it match any small diffs in actual to forecast timetable OTA Update:...
January 17th 04 08:01 AM
by Robin Smith Go to last post
0 124
Sony KD32DX40AS - Moving from AUS to UK by Jeff King
Hi All, I am moving back to the UK, but I have a Sony KD32DX40AS Widescreen digital TV that I bought in Australia and I am not sure if it will work properly in the UK - if anyone knows, could you let me know? As I Understand it (and I am by no means an expert) the analog tuner will not work but the digital component will? If it is not going to work or will not work fully I will need to get
January 17th 04 05:38 AM
by Jeff King Go to last post
2 188
Nokia freeview boxes any good? by Ben
I've got an old Pace OnDigital box which is very slow, and doesn't seem to handle impulse interference well (a new aerial and screened cable made a big difference, but its still not quite perfect). I need a small freeview box to go with a portable TV, and was looking at the small Nokia 121T. I was also thinking of replacing the main Pace box with the bigger Nokia 221T. Does anyone have...
January 17th 04 04:33 AM
by Michael Brown Go to last post
2 402
TV running costs by Aradur
Silly little question I know...but approx what is the electricity costs per hour when an average TV:- a) is on, and b) is on standby (just little red pilot light is on). Thanks.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 16th 04 11:03 PM
by Woody Go to last post
15 421
wish we had this by nick
http://www.pioneerburner.com/ another reason to emigrate to the states
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 16th 04 10:42 PM
by MegaZone Go to last post
14 633
dB by Richard Watkinson
As*a physics and mathematics teacher I ought to know this but along with calculus I have never been able to make sense of the decibel and it's use. A sound level of over 100 dB is bad for the ears A loft aerial is likely to reduce the signal level from anywhere between 3dB and 50dB depending on the roofing material etc, DTT transmission power has been increased by 3dB at Random Pike I have...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 16th 04 08:09 PM
by Martin Angove Go to last post
18 440
Now and Next seems to be 24hrs! by Ade Evans
Just checked and, like the subject says, my usual "now and next" listings on my EPG on my Sony IDTV shows the programmes until around the same time tomorrow. Don't know when it started...don't know when it'll finish...its just there!
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 16th 04 07:36 PM
by Simon Slavin Go to last post
10 333
Getting S-video from a Nokia 221T by Ian
Is this possible? It doesn't seem to be, by standard means, although there's an option in one of the menus that is currently set to "PAL" but is also greyed out and unchangeable. Since I've got myself a nice JVC S-VHS machine it'd be nice to give it an S-Video input to record from, ideally without RGB S converters (and I don't think the Scart output for connecting a video has RGB on it...
January 16th 04 07:02 PM
by cerebros Go to last post
2 151
Post New Thread