Post New Thread
Slow Humax, dirty remote by Paul D Smith[_2_]
My Humax Fox-HDR has been responding very slowly lately. Having tried all the usual (reset to factory defaults etc) I decided to check the remote itself. Having prised it apart (difficult but possible - clips all around the edge) and cleaned the button and track contacts (they didn't seem dirty but...) it all seems to work much better now. So apparently the issue was the remote buttons...
August 31st 14 08:48 AM
by PeterC Go to last post
4 159
Made in Leeds by David[_9_]
Emley Moor Freeveiw program 8 is carrying a promo for Made in Leeds. Regards David
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 30th 14 03:50 PM
by Brian Gaff, probably.. Go to last post
23 367
Have BBC been fiddling with I player in the last few days? by Brian Gaff
I ask as it seems the flash player in IE8 now does not open to reveal the buttons in this browser, but works in Firefox. I know IE8 is now quite old but I'm similarly sure a lot of people still use it, those who cannot be bothered to upgrade and those still using xp. I wonder if it maybe still works via the mouse but it certainly fails on the keyboard as I tried to use it to play new tricks...
August 29th 14 12:12 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
0 119
Rip of aerial fitters by Corporal Jones
Just spent the weekend at the in-laws in Solihull, usual things as they are both over 80, cut the lawns, hedges etc. FIL also asked me to look at their tv system as it was not working (he has 3 TV's in the house) he has sky so he uses that on his main TV but the other ones have no input from the aerial. Tracing the cables around the house they run into a junction box at the rear which is fed...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 28th 14 11:23 PM
by Davey Go to last post
28 447
help tv link is causing mischief by suzianniboo
Hi I am new to all this but i am at my wits end now. I have Sky+HD on main tv i have a second tv in the next room linked by coax cable. TV Link for remote worked and has now stopped. I have checked the "eye" in the RF2 (which is on) red light comes on. It has always gone through and amp before. It was going through an amp for 4 splits i have now replaced it with a 2 this is and it still...
August 28th 14 10:22 PM
by suzianniboo Go to last post
0 108
Sky "Searching for listings" by Dickie mint[_2_]
On another forum this was posted; "Over the past week, OH has noticed that as he changes channels on Sky, instead of it instantly telling him what programme is on, it invariably puts up the phrase 'searching for listings' and takes up to 10 seconds to put up the information. Is anyone else finding this happening, or is it possible there is a problem with our box? " Anyone else? Richard
August 28th 14 07:38 PM
by Dickie mint[_2_] Go to last post
5 2,394
A few naive questions about digital radio by Another John
As subject: a few naive questions about digital radio: 1. We use DR in our kitchen. Reception for the Beeb stations, and several others, is good, but that for Absolute 60s Radio!, which we discovered a few months ago, is patchy, and often just rubbish. Since A60sR! is the best programme available at tea-making time ... is there any way I can boost our signal? 2. Or is there any prospect...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 28th 14 04:49 PM
by Ian Field Go to last post
122 1,131
Screens and eye strain. by Brian Gaff[_2_]
Now I cannot see any screen any more, but to me at least a person using an ipad seems to have it very bright indeed. I can detect it, almost as if it were some kind of uv source that makes your eyes sore, yet ordinry lcd screens on tvs do not hav that feeling to me. Possibly due to the small size and brightness. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 28th 14 11:06 AM
by Indy Jess John Go to last post
77 819
Motorway Cops, BBC1 failed to record by Dickie mint[_2_]
Set Humax Foxsat HDR to record BBC1HD's Motorway Cops at 2240 last night. Nothing there, although it is shown in the schedule. Did the BBC fail to send the start signal on BBC1HD? Has the Humax developed a funny? Did anyone else successfully record it? Answers on a postcard to.....
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 24th 14 08:14 PM
by Ashley Booth[_2_] Go to last post
19 280
Freeview wastage by Brian Gaff[_2_]
Most channels when they are limbering up to start just put a banner of coming soon up or an item in the list of stations, but this new "no we are not a god channel honest guv" channel is not apparently starting till after the new year, yet seems to feel that it needs some spiritual music played over and over to be on its channel now. Seems a waste to me. This retune in September is now...
August 24th 14 07:23 PM
by Davey Go to last post
8 223
Aerial fitter in Montrose area? by Tim+[_2_]
Long shot I know, but my daughter has moved into a new flat in Montrose and is having TV Freeview reception problems. It's a rented flat but the aerial *isn't* on the inventory so I'm not sure if there's much future in pestering the landlord. She's not got an amplifier and after an auto (& manual) tune she's only getting HD channels, all the SD ones are breaking up. She will probably get an...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 23rd 14 12:06 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
45 670
odd thing happened by Bill Wright[_2_]
I was driving my Transit along a straight country road, with trees on both sides when two things happened at the same instant. The cab doors clicked to unlocked then back again, and the dashboard light for the right indicator came on and went off again. I'll go that way again when I get a chance. I'm wondering if there was some very strong RF about. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 22nd 14 12:34 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
31 507
Re Tune message on Freeview. by David[_9_]
My Freeview TV sets asking to be re-tuned mid afternoon 03 September. Says for Children's and News station numbers to start 120 and 130 respectively. Regards David
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 21st 14 05:39 PM
by The Other John[_3_] Go to last post
17 324
YouTube on Sky Now by Adrian C
Just noticed that Sky Now has now gained an YouTube App, similar to its Roku brethren. Pretty useful, now that 'The Ben Heck Show' is being pulled this monthn from Revision3 - but will still be available on YouTube ... -- Adrian C
August 21st 14 11:10 AM
by Adrian C Go to last post
0 118
Slingbox by Norman Wells[_6_]
Since the BBC and other UK broadcasters have gone to a new satellite with a smaller footprint, and since I go to the Canaries a fair bit, and since it doesn't cover there any more, I've been looking at investing in a Slingbox 350 to watch my home TV over the internet on a Nexus 7 tablet I can take.. Does anyone here have a Slingbox, and can they recommend it? Are there any broadband issues...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 21st 14 11:02 AM
by Andrew Go to last post
26 779
What frequency.. by Brian Gaff[_2_]
Do those remote operated mains outlets work on. I hav one which works fine but I l also have a ddouble one which can have the sockets operated seperately giving me range issues. Sometimes one of them won't operate from my bed to the wall just ten feet away, Move a chair in another part of the room and it works again. I'm thinking reflections from the metal in the chair. Brian -- From the...
August 21st 14 10:28 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
5 222
The Roads To Freedom, Georgia Brown by Java Jive[_2_]
Been taking a trip down Memory Lane today ... Remembering her role as the beautiful carbaret/nightclub singer Lola in the BBC's first class dramatisation of Jean Paul Sartre's "Les Chemins De Liberte" ("The Roads To Freedom"), today I watched "One Pair Of Eyes" featuring Georgia Brown's view of Cockney 'Lunnon' as it then was changing from being an area of predominantly Jewish to predominantly...
August 20th 14 09:07 PM
by madge Go to last post
1 272
BBC iPlayer "Bigscreen" closing down in September by Jon[_2_]
Great, so no more iPlayer on my 2011 Sony Smart TV... Nice one BBC! http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/bigscreen/ C**ts!
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 20th 14 09:23 AM
by Max Demian Go to last post
34 1,177
Humax PVR 9150T by Bill Wright[_2_]
As some of you might remember from previous correspondence, I sold several batches of twenty of these receivers a few years ago. I was left with three spares. I sold one, used another as a means of time shifting radio in the workshop, and then a few days ago found a home for the last one. But it was faulty. Brand new, straight out of the box! Of course it's no good moaning to Humax. The...
August 20th 14 01:27 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
0 135
Sony HXD890 - deleting backups by Dickie mint[_2_]
Friend has a Sony HXD890. She wants to delete the backups on its hard drive. But it won't let her. To quote from the manual: "To erase backup data on the HDD 1. Select "Erase back-up data" in step 4, and press ENTER. 2. Select "Yes" and press ENTER." She tried that and got: "this function cannot be used now"
August 19th 14 02:07 PM
by Dickie mint[_2_] Go to last post
7 262
Post New Thread