Post New Thread
Radio Scotland silent on DAB by Jim Lesurf[_2_]
Both yesterday morning and again this morning we've found that BBC Scotland is 'silent' on our DAB tuners here. The display shows the station name. And further info says "Tayside" which is our region. The downstairs 'hifi' sic Pure tuner shows a quality of 100 and a fair signal level well above what would normally squeltch output. Are they broadcasting on DAB? I presume its not a transmitter...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 17th 15 05:15 AM
by Geoff Pearson Go to last post
14 464
Attn C. Hope by Bill Wright[_2_]
Charles, Ítes-vous Charlie? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 16th 15 07:33 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
39 686
My Jump Leads Are Bigger Than Yours ... by Java Jive[_2_]
I want to live out in the wilds of the country, and am prepared to rough it accordingly, but, as a result of the storms at the end of last week, no electricity for four days out of the last six is taking things a bit far, especially as it means no heating, no hot water, no hot food ... Also, three lots of puddles on floors, lost a chimney pot, garden shed leaning at a drunken, seasick-making...
January 15th 15 10:08 PM
by Java Jive[_2_] Go to last post
6 208
radio waves make you ill? by Bill Wright[_2_]
If you are affected by radio waves getting into your brain, making you irrational and eccentric and causing you to believe all sorts of wacky things, the answer can be found in your own kitchen. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/IMG_20150112_190433.jpg Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 14th 15 09:59 PM
by Vir Campestris Go to last post
16 364
screenshot by Bill Wright[_2_]
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/hebdo.jpg To think they have all been to university. Bill
January 14th 15 01:14 PM
by Max Demian Go to last post
6 231
The Dublex and the Antex by Bill Wright[_2_]
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1vz5zzurxt1a9ih/AAB-MVVN4DLQxppDHbWKb_aXa?dl=0 Comments and further information very welcome. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 13th 15 05:38 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
21 490
The Sky At Night - bad news by CD
I was hoping that she was on a 1 year contract & would be gone this month, but she's back tonight. The new producers have really trashed the show IMO, all the regulars have gone apart from Pete Lawrence who is relegated to a cameo. Him & Lintott should bail out & produce their own show & stick it on Youtube, with the old regulars of course. CD
January 13th 15 04:35 PM
by Max Demian Go to last post
4 189
BT box oddity by Bill Wright[_2_]
Fault was that the BT box had pixellation on some channels, and the TV set connected on loopthrough was the same. The TV set was a Sony with a diagnostics page and this showed s/n ratio fluctuating from 40dB down to 12dB. With the BT box out of circuit the Sony was fine. Aerial signals from Belmont were good and healthy. Another BT box arrived and was just the same. A third box ditto. The BT...
January 13th 15 02:39 PM
by Richard Tobin Go to last post
5 212
Rhombics for uhf? by Brian Gaff[_2_]
I did test this idea some years ago, and they seem to work very well though even at these frequencies they can be quite big. They have always fascinated me because of thier directionality when they have a terminating resistor at the other end to the feed point, and I never did quite understand why half the signal did not vanish into the load it obviously was. Brian -- From the Sofa of...
January 13th 15 02:15 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
8 237
TBM UK by Brian Gaff[_2_]
What dross is this now? Got the indication, found new channel(s) yesterday. My God, literally. Wholesome, its described as, American Holy Crap is what it actually is. I'm beginning to feel we need to protect ourselves from crappy US shows a lot more. I found God today, and let me tell you about it. Very careless to have people dropping god about the place for people to fall over I say. ...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 12th 15 04:58 PM
by Ian Go to last post
10 339
Interesting fact by Woody[_5_]
Just had to reload everything following a AV problem. Did you know that this NG has had 249844 messages since 2005? Are we prolific or what? --
January 12th 15 10:48 AM
by Chris J Dixon Go to last post
8 216
Anonymous by Davey
I have seen nothing on this on BBC, nor any other TV news medium: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/11335676/Hacktivists-Anonymous-says-it-will-avenge-Charlie-Hebdo-attacks-by-shutting-down-jihadist-websites.html -- Davey.
January 11th 15 08:25 PM
by Davey Go to last post
3 188
Cry for help by Woody[_5_]
If any of the regulars out there - Bill W, Tony S, Mark C, or Brian G - are seeing this message could you send me a mail to the address below to say you can see it. I have had major system problems thanks to so-called Internet Security and I'm not sure if my news feed is dead or if there is some other problem. TIA --
January 11th 15 07:33 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
3 223
Historical question by Richard Tobin
Were the old H-shaped VHF television aerials the same everywhere, or different sizes for different regions? -- Richard
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 9th 15 05:06 PM
by Ian Jackson[_2_] Go to last post
60 1,138
New Freeview Channels. by David[_9_]
Been aware of TBNuk on Freeview 65 and now being made aware of DayStar on Freeview 73 but not all TV sets/boxes getting the later is it broadcasting to different specs. that limit reception? Which channel is it on from Emley Moor if anyone knows? Regards David
January 9th 15 12:59 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
5 682
The Isle of Wight by Paul Ratcliffe
On Mon, 05 Jan 2015 09:18:28 +0000, Chris Hogg wrote: As the ships round the buoy, centrifugal force causes them to heel to starboard (right). There is no such force of course. That is just momentum. The force is the one which tries to turn the ship to the left.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 9th 15 12:53 PM
by Roger Mills[_2_] Go to last post
26 540
Thats Oxford channel. by Stephen[_6_]
HI all, Can anyone confirm that Thats Oxford is now broadcasting on the LOX mux on Ch 51? Its supposed to have started on 22nd December 2014. Also if you are receving this channel, I'd be interested in where you are recieving it so I can see if its actual reception matches its intended service area. The reaon for my interest in That's Oxford is that:
January 9th 15 11:47 AM
by NY Go to last post
4 1,011
OT subtitles on the BBC I Player? by Mick IOW
Hi, can anyone say if it is possible to have subtitles on the BBC I Player please? And how? Mick.
January 8th 15 11:51 PM
by Davey Go to last post
6 245
OT help my computer is full by Gary[_4_]
My c drive is full to bursting. and I need to do something about freeing up space. Computer running w7 with 1TB divided between 2 HDs but giving 3 'disks'. the majority of my programs save data to either d or e and recently a 1.5TB usb HD. All 4 disks are now full. I do have a new 2TB usb HD and 2 other smaler USB HD 1TB to use but I realy do not know where to start as far as C drive is...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 8th 15 01:59 PM
by Gary[_4_] Go to last post
78 1,001
LG TV Sound Bar - Subwoofer. by Alaric
I have just bought a sound bar which includes a subwoofer speaker. As regards the positioning of this speaker, would its performance be affected adversely if I position it on one of its sides as opposed to upright. Alaric
January 8th 15 10:20 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
8 371
Post New Thread