Post New Thread
More drivel from Bill by Bill Wright
I posted this earlier but it hasn't arrived, so I'll post it again. The Christmas mail has never been good around here. They use a lot of students you know. "JohnT" wrote in message ... I've explained what the drivel is that Bill Wright wrote, see earlier this thread! Nobody has said anything about it.
December 7th 05 09:23 AM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
3 138
Sandy Heath BBC4 is back by Malcolm Stewart
About 6 weeks ago I asked here re my lack of BBC4 (Low signal, and heavy break-up of picture, or no picture /sound at all.) Followed the various suggestions, but no improvement, so I've been without BBC4 for several weeks. Well, I did a check this evening, and I can now watch BBC4 again with no break-up, and if I'm really bored out of my mind, there's BBC Parliament at watchable...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 7th 05 08:36 AM
by Jim Lesurf Go to last post
14 265
no channels from rooftop aerial by jamie
Hi, i bought a durabrand freeview box from asda today thinking it would be ok as we get a strong picture from a rooftop aerial and we are in a freeview coverage area (postcode FK16). we don't get channel 5 from this aerial but we know that some others in the surrounding area can get it. but anyway plugged in the box and scanned for channels and nothing at all :( should i try getting an...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 6th 05 11:03 PM
by half_pint Go to last post
25 534
Here's a good 'un by harrogate2
Woke at 5.15 this morning, couldn't sleep, so put Teletext on and found myself browsing BBC page 698 - Engineering Information, and I learned something new. According to said page, fog - yes FOG - can cause reception problems at this time of year, both on your home TV and from satellites at the transmitter station!! Now we all know that very heavy rain especially with large drops and falling...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 6th 05 09:32 PM
by Adrian Go to last post
35 687
C+++++ Aerial Installation Service by [email protected]
Recently some of you have been asking about getting aerials fitted and the cost of installation. i came a cross a very helpful pamphlet in a branch of a retail park outlet, and thought that i could share with you. pamphlet mode =on Digital Aerial Installation Service Have your aerial upgraded by a company you can trust A digital aerial installation means that you can take full
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 6th 05 06:55 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
10 264
Combining two signals. Grp A and Grp B by darrenforward
I Live in Harrogate North Yorkshire, Os Grid SE281566 or postcode HG3. I would like to try and receive YTV and TT via two aerials, as far as i can work out TT is group A ans YTV is Group B. TT is from Bilsdale and YTV is from Emley Moor The stronger signal is TT, is it a good idea to get a smallish lowgain aerial for TT and a highgain aerial for the YTV.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 6th 05 05:53 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
11 401
Test card by Michael Chare
Do the BBC transmit a test card on DTT? -- Michael Chare
8 210
frame jumping by Nick Austin
On Mon, 5 Dec 2005 13:19:20 +0000 (UTC), Colin wrote: I'm trying to find out about 'Frame Jumping', or 'Frame Dropping'. I have one of the old Pace On-Digital boxes. A few years old now, and it seems to be showing this problem on a fairly regular basis. The rate at which frames are decoded is determined locally within the STB. If this doesn't match the rate at which the...
1 142
new aerial for freeview? by Rob Walker
I'm thinking about buying my mum a freeview box for xmas, but I know where she lives in Cumbria wasn't covered last time I checked. So I've been the website and put her postcode in.... "he search indicates that FREEVIEW covers your postcode but as well as an box (or integrated digital television) you probably need a new type of rooftop aerial" "Because FREEVIEW signals in this area use a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 5th 05 10:01 PM
by Rob Walker Go to last post
25 340
Freecom DVB-T USB Stick by confuseduser
Anybody using the Freecom DVB-T USB Stick? Is it possible to record via this device and then burn onto CD or DVD? Thanks
December 5th 05 06:11 PM
by Ronald Marlowe Go to last post
4 135
frame jumping by Angus Rae
Colin wrote: I'm not sure of the correct term. I'm describing a problem where the picture appears to skip a frame or two. It's quite random at the moment. Everything from one every few minutes to one or two every hour or so. It sounds like there's a burst of interference which is leading to the decoder getting confused and showing a still frame until the next full frame is...
December 5th 05 03:10 PM
by Angus Rae Go to last post
2 209
Digital and indoor aerials by lynd
Another dodgy question from a non tech. I have a TV in my bedroom. It runs off an indoor aerial. Decent signal - probably better than the one from the roof in my sitting room. I was wondering if I could put a digibox on this TV and get digital channels on it. It is not feasible to run this TV from the roof aerial at all. I have one but that pre dates new regs for aerials in my area and no...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
26 589
Problems with Panasonic Digi Box by Sid
Greets all I wonder if someone can help me solve this problem. I have a Panasonic Sky Digi Box using the BBC free to air card to receive the free channels. I have not subscribed to sky. When I select Channel 4, 5 or any of the sky hosted channels i.e. Sky News, Reality TV etc the picture breaks up almost constantly, but especially so during the breaks. If however I press the TV button on...
December 5th 05 07:27 AM
by Sid Go to last post
0 107
getting extra channels - am a total novice by t
I have a 'normal' terrestrial aerial , hence can only get the 5 channels. However, I would like to get more including a few of the asian channels. I dont want to fork out so much money on sky - I would have to pay an extra for the premium channels on top of the 15 a month package. As I was browsing on the maplin website I came across the all inclusive satellite dish packages - dish, receiver...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
16 334
Recommendations please? by Terry Pinnell
Given the rapidly evolving market, I'd happily postpone my decision about a new TV for another year or so But my trusty 27" Mitsubishi looks ready to expire after some 15 years of faithful service. (Its imminent failure is marked not by any significant loss of brightness or contrast, but by gross wavy lines for some 5 mins after switch-on, worst on ITV.) I knew virtually nothing about the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 4th 05 07:32 PM
by mike ring Go to last post
14 245
BBC ultra-local TV news by DAB sounds worse than FM
The pilot of this has launched for people in the West Midlands: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4486344.stm Can anybody in the West Midlands that has Sky say what it's like? Is it a quarter-screen like the BBC news multi-screens? -- Steve - www.digitalradiotech.co.uk - Digital Radio News & Info
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 4th 05 01:29 PM
by Lister Go to last post
44 512
Positioning of a Masthead amplifier by slate
Hi all, I recently had an upgraded aerial fitted in order to receive Freeview, but I only get about half the channels which I assume means about half the MUXes, so I wondered if a masthead amplifier would help? I've searched several forums and can't find any mention of placing a masthead anywhere other than at the, umm, head of the aerial mast... I know, I know, the name says it all... but...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 4th 05 09:30 AM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
33 882
Which freview box? by Stuart
I am looking for advice from the group for my purchase of a freeview box. I am looking for a scart socket and 7 day prog guide. TUTV not req as I have sky +. Your recommendations are very appreciated. Thank you
December 4th 05 12:59 AM
by Alan Go to last post
4 267
BBC ultra-local TV news by Paul Ratcliffe
On Sat, 03 Dec 2005 20:20:41 +0000, Owain wrote: Lines: 11 Message-ID: References: ...
December 3rd 05 11:23 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
0 141
(ANNOUNCE) Win an iPod nano in the TV & Technology forums at Snarkish! by Binky Melnik
Snarkish.com Marks Anniversary with 'Type for Tunes' iPod Nano Giveaway Post pertinent forum messages Nov. 28 to Dec. 11 for a chance to win. New York, NY (PRWEB via PR Web Direct) November 28, 2005 -- Snarkish.com -- the free grown-up discussion forums for people with their clothes on -- is celebrating its first anniversary by giving a free iPod nano to a new or current forum member who posts...
December 3rd 05 09:29 PM
by Binky Melnik Go to last post
0 95
Post New Thread