Post New Thread
FS: INVERTO IDL PVR New and unused. by BeeJay
I have an unwanted Inverto PVR for sale on Ebay if anyone is interested. It's brand new, still in it's wrapper and boxed. http://tinyurl.com/exc72
December 30th 05 08:02 PM
by richard Go to last post
2 151
Upscaling DVD Players by Dave Farrance
I see that the latest issue of What Home Cinema has a comparative review of "upscaling DVD players". These play standard definition DVDs, but can generate a 720p or 1080i output. Okaaaay... There are very few HD-ready *CRT* TVs, and in fact I've not seen *any* on the High Street, so almost all HD-ready TVs being sold at the moment are flat-panels. The ones that I've seen don't seem to have...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 30th 05 04:46 PM
by Andrew Go to last post
18 360
Freeview boxes non-volatile memory? by Max Demian
When you upgrade the software on a Freeview box (e.g. Goodmans GDB3), does it go into (completely) non-volatile (e.g flash) memory, or will it revert to the original version if you leave the box unplugged for long enough? -- Max Demian
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 30th 05 04:29 PM
by Alan White Go to last post
12 405
Unable to get many channels from new Freeview box ? by tom pepper
I instaled a Technosonic STB 2014 today. It was "last years model" as it were, and the back of the box advertised it recieving 32 channels, which did NOT include ITV, ITV2 etc Ch4, Ch5, BBC4 and some of the UKTV channels advertized as being available on frreview. I assumed that this was just because it was an older model and that these other channels would just be available with the others as...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 30th 05 12:22 PM
by Ken Williams Go to last post
15 1,108
Sony MFM-HT75W (was Recommend: 17 - 19" BEST VALUE Flat Panel TV ?) by Roger R
"Progra~" wrote in message ... Gah!... Video Input DVI-D Connector HD15 Connector So how the feck do I connect a VCR, Freeview or whatever to this unit? All my source boxes are equiped with TV Out (coax) or Scart
December 30th 05 12:22 PM
by Roger R Go to last post
1 376
Goodmans GDB7-CA problems by [email protected]
Hi I bought a Goodmans GDB7-CA Freeview box just before Christmas because my old Pace box was freezing every few minutes. Firstly, the Goodmans box froze today and I had to plug and unplug, secondly on some channels (News 24, ABC1) there is a noticeable slow moving (LR) vertical bar. This is using the same TV (Sharp 24" WS) and aerial.
December 30th 05 12:12 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 515
toshiba on digital by David Mumford
Has anyone got a working toshiba on digital box? I have two that both fail to start or boot , i wondered if the software was failing on both because of a transmission change? If you have got a woking model , i have one you can have for spares and a remote.
December 30th 05 11:16 AM
by David Go to last post
1 180
DIGILOGIC SOUND DROPOUTS by Robin
I bought one of the Tesco Digilogic boxes as a Xmas present for an elderly acquaintance. Excellent reception in what appears to be a marginal area (NR34 9**) with her grouped aerial but sound dropouts (about 1 second). I have read all I can find about these dropouts from Google (including Google Groups) without finding a definite answer to the question whether it is the hardware or the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 30th 05 09:55 AM
by lynd Go to last post
10 317
HDTV on freeview - forget it. by Jeff Layman
Sorry if it's been discussed in this newsgroup before, but this is from an article on HDTV in next week's Radio Times. "BBC1 is to begin trial HD broadcasts in mid-2006 - these should be available via all HD providers. It is very likely - although not yet confirmed - that these will include the World Cup. The bad news for Freeview households is that they can more or less forget about HD -...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 30th 05 01:40 AM
by John Porcella Go to last post
15 329
can't tune in to BBC mux on freeview by davek
Hi, I'm new to this group and not very technically minded, so please be patient with me if I ask any stupid questions... It's about getting freeview. My nearest transmitter is Dover, about 20 miles away. I have succesfully tuned my STB manually to the frequencies listed for the Dover transmitter and get a decent signal on all muxes except BBC (mux1), which goes out on channel 68. I get a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 29th 05 08:17 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
11 592
Smartlink Problem? by Chris
Yes, it's another Christmas new toy problem! A new Sony HXD710 (HDD/DVD recorder & Freeview tuner etc.) was connected to the existing Panasonic 28DTX10 TV, with all functions seeming to work. Since installing the Sony, the Panasonic TV is intermittently resetting itself i.e. goes briefly into standby before coming back on, sometimes to the same channel or AV input, sometimes not. This is...
December 29th 05 05:33 PM
by Chris Howells Go to last post
1 211
Panasonic camcorder wont playback - help please by Ed
Marvellous, just as I get a DVD recorder to back up my camcorder tapes the camcorder unit packs up, or rather half packs up. It is an NV-GS4 and only a few years old. Last year it started having trouble reading the memory card, but I dont use that much for stills so that isnt an issue, but now, although recording fine, it wont play back. If there were a problem with the tape mechanism I'd expect...
December 29th 05 10:53 AM
by Ed Go to last post
0 141
tv cards with freeview by [email protected]
hi, i have just purchased a tv card for my pc and was wondering whether it is possible to connect a freeview box to it?
December 29th 05 03:01 AM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
2 145
Try to record digital channels from Samsung TV by [email protected]
I am trying to hook up a Samsung LE26R51BDX/XEU digital TV to a Panasonic DVD/VCR Combo MV-VP31. But I don't seem to be able to get the DVD combo to find the digital channels. The TV has a decoder inside so I can watch digital channels. But does anyone know whether the decoded digital signal can be output to any port so I can hook the DVD combo to record it? The standard cabling (AV 1 of DVD to...
December 28th 05 06:37 PM
by Jim Go to last post
2 202
NTL cable - PVRs? by Lobster
I'm in the market for a PVR, but as an NTL cable user I've read enough on this newsgroup and elsewhere to understand that a limitation of most/all current PVRs is that apparently they don't work in conjunction with NTL, right? So I have the choice of (a) dumping NTL for something else, or (b) waiting for NTL to bring out their own PVR next year... However, I'd be interested in knowing the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 28th 05 05:39 PM
by Lobster Go to last post
10 326
Open source PVR box? by Paul D.Smith
Having followed the "Aldi PVR" threads, I had a thought whilst walking into work. The benefit of a PVR compared to "build your own" is that you get hardware which (in thoery) is designed to do the PVR role rather than a PVR silk purse built from a PC sows ear. It can be in a smaller box and might even blend in with the rest of your audio/video equipment. The downside is that you get someone...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 28th 05 05:27 PM
by Paul Webster Go to last post
16 372
No ITV in Southend??? by [email protected]
I've just installed a Goodmans GDB3 at my mum's house in Southend, Essex (SS2 postcode). It installed well, all seemed fine, then I realised that there is no ITV or Channel 4! It's a bit late now, I know, but after spending some time telling the box to search all channels without finding ITV, I've just checked at www.freeview.co.uk and found that the SS2 area is not covered. I didn't even bother...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 28th 05 04:26 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
14 473
Connecting Windows Media Center Edition to HD Ready TV by news.cisco.com
Please can anyone tell me the optimum way to do this with the HP Media Center, for Freeview TV picture quality and also for use, at the same time, as an XP monitor for resolution and quality The TV(Panasonic TH42PV500) has XGA, VGA and HDMI connectors and supports a resolution of 1024 x 720 Ideally I want to be able to switch gracefully between TV viewing and Web surfing on the same TV....
December 28th 05 04:18 PM
by Cailean Go to last post
4 172
ALDI Technosonic PVR by Mozzer
Twin tuners, timelapse, easy controls GREAT. Worked fine for 12 hours BUT Has got progessively worse, locks up even on standby. Requires a full reboot. Can't be trusted not to lockup before recordings. It was too good to be true. :( It's going back....
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 28th 05 02:25 PM
by Mozzer Go to last post
10 332
Is there a schedule listing for BBCi freeview streams? by Adrian C
Apart from me checking the red button every hour or so, or responding to infrequent screen prompts, has the BBC got a schedule list anywhere (ontv/online) of what video content is destined for the BBCinteractive channels? -- Adrian C
December 28th 05 11:21 AM
by Pyriform Go to last post
1 213
Post New Thread