Post New Thread
Free F TV Cable by SidKnee
I am looking for a "ntl" type short cable only. I had one but since moving house have misplaced it. Wher can I get one free? IT is the one that is female at both end and ususuall runds between decoder box and wall outlet. Please help. Sidkney
November 30th 05 04:06 PM
by spiney Go to last post
1 115
Advice on new (hd)tv by Centurion
Just about to splash out on a new TV, so I'm looking for something in the region of around £1000, with an upper ceiling of £1100. What I want out of this is something that looks good, is HDTV compliant (especially as I'll be shelling out for the new Sky HDTV service when it surfaces). Has anyone any recommendations or should I wait til the January sales and see whats available then? Ta
November 30th 05 09:30 AM
by Dave Go to last post
2 101
Why bother with Blu-Ray/HD-DVD? by JPG
Why bother with the Blu-Ray or HD-DVD technology when this will be shipping next year. http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/80850/holographic-discs-set-for-retail-next-year.html 26 hours of HDTV on a DVD-sized disc, awesome or what?
November 30th 05 08:54 AM
by Doz Go to last post
6 109
Newbie question by louis
I have 2 portable TV's upstairs which do not have very good reception from their own mini aerials. If I bought a video sender with 2 receivers to transmit from my sky receiver downstairs would the terrestrial reception also improve on the 2 upstairs TV's ? any help greatly appreciated.
November 29th 05 09:58 PM
by louis Go to last post
0 163
Transmission parameters by David Stanton
Is there anywhere (online or on paper) where I can obtain details of how the various channels and/or individual programmes are transmitted (screen size ratio, sound setup, colour setup etc) so that I can set up our TV set accordingly? Also are test cards transmitted nowadays - it would be nice to see if a known circle, for example, shows on the screen as round. If this is the wrong group for...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 29th 05 09:46 PM
by Roderick Stewart Go to last post
21 451
Philips DTX-6371 setup gone by insert name here
My good old Philips DTX-6371 (ex-OnDigital) has just thrown a wobbler and won't display the setup menus (although it looks like it will still execute the commands). Any advice? I've tried the usual switch off, disconnect aerial, switch on - which sometimes got round mheg problems but no luck. I remember this happened in the days of OnDigital when they sent out a duff update which killed the...
November 29th 05 09:29 PM
by insert name here Go to last post
2 350
CH4 win scarce space on DTT by Whoops! SCOTTIES
and what do they use it for? More 4+1. what a waste! if someone else got it we'd have a new channel. e4 +1 should go too, another waste of space. has noone at channel four heard of a video recorder or pvr?
November 29th 05 08:54 PM
by :::Jerry:::: Go to last post
4 121
Audio description with a Freeview receiver by [email protected]
Can anyone tell me which Freeview boxes are capable of picking up audio description? I understand that not all makes have this facility. Many thanks, Chris
November 29th 05 04:03 PM
by bit head Go to last post
5 292
Sky blocking signal to VCR by DAC
This may be a stupid question, but... the other day I had unplugged the TV / VCR in the bedroom, connected to Sky + and terestrial via a mini-link. When I plugged it all back in I could not get the TV reception through the VCR. I can get normal reception with mini-link direct to TV. I can watch videos via the scart to the TV.
November 29th 05 09:48 AM
by DAC Go to last post
2 143
Signal to 2nd TV by gtl
"m0rk" wrote in message ... My old man is getting a 2nd large screen TV. Currently runs Telewest digital to a 32" widescreen tv. He wants to get the same image onto his new 50" widescreen rear projector tv. He doesnt want to pay Telewest for a 2nd box as when he's watching the large screen (for sports / movies) he...
November 29th 05 09:35 AM
by Adrian Go to last post
9 125
good choice :) by Whoops! SCOTTIES
....and here's Adriana's website: www.adrianavolpe.it a babe indeed! and, if you have Rai, she's back on at half 10 too. i've even got it at work :) me.
November 29th 05 07:41 AM
by Whoops! SCOTTIES Go to last post
1 126
Panasonic DMR ES20d DVD Freeview recorder by Paul D
This is a well-reviewed piece of kit and I'm thinking of buying it for someone who is totally non technical (and over 65). I'm not familiar with DVD recorders myself as I just have a TiVo, so I'm wondering how easy it would be for someone to master the intricacies of recording off air to DVD? I like what I've heard about the DVD Ram format as you can pause, chase play etc whilst still...
November 28th 05 10:01 PM
by David Wood Go to last post
7 199
Bush 6690D IDTV by Kevin Wood
I appreciate that this is quite an old telly by now, however, I've just had mine back fro being fixed and I need to enter the engineering menus to tweek the picture back to how I like it.. Using the Google Groups archive, I've found my old post from 2001 where I tell someone the factory pre-set settings once you've entered the service/engineering menu, the only thing is I can't now remember...
November 28th 05 08:37 PM
by PhilÅ Go to last post
1 171
Force accused of discrimination by Ivan
Apologies friends, link inadvertently sent to the wrong newsgroup.
November 28th 05 06:59 PM
by Ivan Go to last post
0 118
Dover Freeview Transmitter by Pete B
I live in east kent and get my freeview signal from Dover. While tuning in my set-top box I noticed that two Mux 1 channels had been found both with signal quality 9. I looked on the Digital TV Group web site and found that indeed there are two Mux 1 transmitters, Dover at channel 68 and Dover B at channel 45 both at the same grid reference with antennas at approx the same height and both at 1kw...
November 28th 05 06:56 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
2 1,089
Force accused of discrimination by Ivan
The Police Federation said the force rejected up to 186 white male applicants in favour of female and ethnic minorities. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bristol/4479276.stm
November 28th 05 06:50 PM
by Ivan Go to last post
0 101
Freeview channel 8 by Mike E
Just had to retune my STB and noticed that channel 8 just comes up with the number 8 and no picture. Before I retuned the box, I thought there was something on channel 8. I might just be losing my marbles, though. Can anyone shed any light please? Mike
November 28th 05 05:01 PM
by Sylvain Van der Walde Go to last post
6 228
Macrovision On ITV4 DTT? by John Porcella
Very strange... As I was working when ITV4 was showing the FC Thun v Arsenal game in The Champions League on Tuesday night, I set my DTT box to come on when the coverage started at 19:00 and, my VCR to start recording at the same time. When I got back home, I re-wound the tape and watched it from the beginning. I noticed that there was some sort of slight disturbance at the top of the screen...
November 28th 05 03:19 PM
by kim Go to last post
5 164
Communal aerials (basic) by Scott
Someone has asked me what is involved in upgrading a communal aerial for Freeview. I know about choosing the correct transmitter, aerial groups and polarisation. I assume an amplifier is essential for distribution. I know amplifiers are disapproved for digital. So is there suitable equipment available and what at what cost? Thanks for your help. Not for me but for a friend of mine, as...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 28th 05 02:38 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
28 531
recomendations for a brand name STB by strange_too
My parents want a freeview STB finally and I am after some recommendations. Personally I've got a Humax PVR and an ageing Nokia old, but I'm not sure what the major brands are like for easy or use etc. Any help gratefully received. strange_too
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 28th 05 01:02 PM
by Pyriform Go to last post
10 321