Post New Thread
Booster with bypass by Ed
Has anyone got any experience of this booster? http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5344242.htm It has no variable gain, but it does have a built in bypass for long distance sky remotes thanks ed
January 6th 06 01:53 PM
by Ed Go to last post
0 143
Philips DTX 6370 User Manual Wanted by Philip Steele
Does anybody know where I can get a copy (preferably on line) for the Philips OnDigital DTX 6370 box? I have just been given one and I have got it set up but would like to have a look at the manual. Regards Phil
January 6th 06 12:17 PM
by Philip Steele Go to last post
3 454
aerial upgrade by Becci
Hey, I don't know a whole lot about digital tv as you will soon find out. I apologise and hope you will take pity on me :) I have just got a freeview box and the web says that my postcode should be able to receive it but may need aerial upgrade. It says that i need a wideband aerial. However i am in a rented property with no access to the loft so this is not really viable without a hell of a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 6th 06 11:39 AM
by Jim Go to last post
28 529
SCART Switch by Agamemnon
I need a SCART switch that will enable me to connect my STB and DVD player to my the RGB SCART socket on my TV preferably with a remote control and under 20. I don't want one that detects when the DVD player is switched on and switches to the DVD automatically because I also want to play CD's on the DVD player without it affecting what I'm watching on the TV. With my current configuration...
January 6th 06 09:39 AM
by Jim Go to last post
4 213
LCD digital picture by Jezzer
Hi all, I'm thinking of buying a 32 HD LCD IDTV in the sales but I'm very disappointed with the picture I see on the display models in the shops. Granted the HD demo looks wonderful but can I stand the quality of picture it produces in the meantime on Freeview until HD is available to watch? And this puzzles me. The digibox I use at home (an early Thomson one) produces stunning pictures on my...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 6th 06 04:11 AM
by Lordy Go to last post
13 326
Sweeney Todd cut short. by AJM
Two nights ago I set the timer on my Sony IDTV from the EPG and left it on standby to record Sweeney Todd on BBC 1. My Sony VCR with Smartlink switched on as expected. I had done this because I presumed I would be recording the digital transmission, which is superior in quality to the analogue transmission, which would have been used as the source had I used the timer on the VCR. Then, at...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 6th 06 01:34 AM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
19 342
Slim 32" CRT [was LCD vs. CRT ...] by Nigel Molesworth
On 31 Dec 2005 23:03:43 GMT, mike ring wrote: I'd be interested in getting a "slim" 32" CRT... Now that looks exactly what I want. Any more? -- Nigel M
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 5th 06 11:11 PM
by Ian Go to last post
18 305
DVB-T USB stick that works on PC and Mac? by Fred Finisterre
Is there one? The Freecom DVB-T is PC only. As is the Terratec Cinergy XS Hybrid I think. Cheers, Fred.
January 5th 06 09:42 PM
by Fred Finisterre Go to last post
0 181
Humax PVR9200T - 200 at comet by Dr Zoidberg
As header - worth a look if you fancy one of these -- Alex Hermes: "We can't afford that! Especially not Zoidberg!" Zoidberg: "They took away my credit cards!" www.drzoidberg.co.uk www.ebayfaq.co.uk
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 5th 06 08:01 PM
by Max Demian Go to last post
31 643
WinTV Nova USB problem by [email protected]
i have just purchased a Hauppauge WinTV Nova USB tv card for my pc. i am having difficulty installing the software, because when it has finished installing and i open the program a message appears saying 'OpenDevice not successful, Hardware not connected'. i have made sure all the leads are connected and i have installed the newest driver from the net, all to no avail. any ideas?? Thanks
January 5th 06 06:36 PM
by charles Go to last post
1 255
Image of a name by john
Just noticed on a TV programme how "Plasma TV" seems to have such a macho / must have image - even though the person may not know the difference between LCD and Plasma. Perhaps it goes back to Sci Fi films when the lads all wanted Plasma Guns to shoot the aliens. -- -- John
January 5th 06 04:20 PM
by Adrian C Go to last post
3 175
freeview stb- how to manually set up channels? by [email protected]
Am new to this so apologies for any naive questions. I would like to try to get extra channels (red hot for example) on Phillips DTR 1500 STB. I have read the threads but don't think I can access MUX addresses or add custom channels through this box. Do you need a PC DigiTV to do this type of thing, or is there a way past the 'fool-proof' interface. Thanks for your help
January 5th 06 03:29 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
2 237
80Gb HDD Freeview box 99 from Aldi by Jonathan
There's been some chatter on here about Freeview boxes with HDD recorders built in... Look what just flopped into my inbox... http://uk.aldi.com/special_buys/productnl_502.html 80Gb Freeview for 99. Bargain? Looks like one!
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 5th 06 03:29 PM
by Alan Brown Go to last post
100 1,468
Noisy Topfield 250gb by Londoncityslicker
I've been uming and aaahing about getting a Toppy. Finally decided to go for the 250gb version as it's currently selling for 285 on one of the websites. Basically 35 more for another 110gb was a no brainer. It's a joy to use. However, one criticism is the noise. The hard disc seems to be constantly spinning. It is noticeable even at moderate volumes.
January 5th 06 01:50 PM
by Londoncityslicker Go to last post
7 185
Sky Digital to Freeview by Tim Rogers
Been with Sky for a number of years but just not getting value for money. Present have just the entertainment package (21 per month) It seems to me that Freeview (with Top Up TV for UK Gold) seems a better proposition. So a couple of questions. 1. If I cancel my Sky subscription and then decide to reinstate it at some future date then will I have to pay a 'connection fee' and then would I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 5th 06 01:41 PM
by Angus Rae Go to last post
12 350
Daewoo SetPal likes ITV News by Colum Mylod
My Daewoo had an upset yesterday and gave up trying to show any video. Tuned in ok but no pic or sound. So it had a full reboot courtesy of power removal. When it came back it asked nicely to autoscan, deleted DTT 81 ITV News, all was well. Later when it was set on by the remote (handy for the auto SCART switcher box) it again asked to autotune but this time *added* 81 ITV News, which is now a...
January 5th 06 01:41 PM
by Colum Mylod Go to last post
0 169
SCART switch with modulator by Nigel Molesworth
I've got a DTV in the kitchen (or at least Mrs Nigel has) and I want to be able to feed it with signals from the device I'm watching, either a DVD recorder or a PVR. Neither has a modulator, so I was considering a video sender, but I think it would be more robust to use a switch coupled to a modulator. Any suggestions along these lines? -- Nigel M
January 5th 06 12:20 PM
by Nigel Molesworth Go to last post
0 143
Video senders by Marcus Durham
In message , Fr Jack writes Or whatever they are called..... Are they any good? I want to watch freeview in a room directly above my lounge. Adding wires, etc. is not an option. Any recommendations? Preferably sub-50. Aldi currently have some for 20 quid a throw.
January 5th 06 12:16 PM
by Nigel Molesworth Go to last post
3 214
Sky Digital and Freeview connected at the same time by Tim Rogers
Is there a way of connecting up the following: A freeview Box Sky Digi Box VCR DVD so that you can easily move between the four? My TV has two scarts sockets. I think I've worked out a way of doing it but wondered what the "experts" here thought.
January 5th 06 02:34 AM
by {{{{{Welcome}}}}} Go to last post
3 177
Last few days of Oftel Consultation by Silent Calls Victim
Ofcom wants to hear what citizens think about its new policy against Silent Calls - BEFORE 9 JANUARY 2006. I have prepared a guide for the benefit of those who may be looking to contribute to the Ofcom consultation on the new Silent Calls Policy that was introduced on 31 October 2005. I hope this will be found to be useful by those who are deeply interested in this matter or who are simply...
January 4th 06 09:09 PM
by Mark Fraser (News) Go to last post
3 185
Post New Thread