Post New Thread
Creating a wmv file from other file{.vob} type~ {Bit off topic} by Gel
When I record on my dvd onto cd file format is combination of ..vob/.ifo/.bup Is there an easy way to convert so that Windows Movie Maker can edit, or play even!
6 118
Humax PVR 9200T by gillie
Just purchased a Humax pvr 9200T it completely locks up when i set the timer to record, i have to reboot the unit to operate it again, anybody had the same problem. Thanks gillie.
December 14th 05 02:12 PM
by Jim Go to last post
4 156
Alba channel memory by Steve
Just got a cheap Freeview box (Albe STB2NS) from Tesco to see what it's all about. It seems to work ok, but one thing is a nuisance - it looses some of its channels if the power goes off. I've only looked at the 'main' channels but when it reboots, BBC channels are all ok, but ITV ones are usually not working - it indicates good signal strength but no picture or data. Sometimes C5 is missing as...
December 14th 05 01:33 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
1 101
Sagen locking up on Men & Motors by Mike O'Sullivan
My Sagen just gave me a "new channels detected on the flow" message, so I did a re-store, and did a bit of browsing to see what, if any, new channels were there, noticed that "Men & Motors" was now on channel 35. Clicked on it and found that my Sagem box immediately froze and wouldn't respond to any commands, even though the green light was flashing on the box. Only solution, disconnect from...
December 14th 05 01:10 PM
by Mike O'Sullivan Go to last post
2 150
Opinions on loftbox vs starbox vs philex? by Andy Burns
I want to install one of the "RF hub" systems for the house, I have seen the following ... Global Loftbox Blake StarBox Philex SLX Prices all seem to be comparable, features too, differences I can spot Blake have 5/10 rather than 4/8 outputs
December 14th 05 12:43 PM
by Andy Burns Go to last post
0 134
Need new digital box by [email protected]
The old Philips smiling-brick is about to die and it's time to look for a replacement. Are there any freeview boxes available that offer particularly good interference rejection? Also do any have digital coaxial audio out? Many thanks everyone!
December 14th 05 09:19 AM
by Zimmy Go to last post
1 118
New Freeview Box by GrImBlY
Which of these would you say is the better. The Thomson that Currys are selling with the free top-up-tv package or the Goodmans GDB3. I noticethe Thomson doesn't have an RGB out.. Is this a misprint ?
December 14th 05 09:01 AM
by Jeff Go to last post
2 103
Best Freeview box under 50 by Andy
Any recommendations for a good freeview box under 50. Don't want to spend more than that because a) I'm tight, and b) it's for another room to tide us over until we shell out for a PVR for the main telly. Cheers Andy BTW Got a Nokia 121T at the moment which isn't very good, slow text, slow interactive, freezes a lot of the time.
December 14th 05 08:48 AM
by Zimmy Go to last post
8 170
freeview + dvd player to coax (only) tv by andy
My parents want a dvd player, but their tv doesn't have a scart socket. The only connection on the tv is a coax aerial socket. But, they do have a freeview box (Nokia "ondigital" box), with passthrough coax sockets. Could a dvd player be connected to the freeview box via the scart, then the freeview to the tv via coax? Would both the freeview and the dvd player play through the tv?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 13th 05 09:00 PM
by andy Go to last post
18 300
Humax PVR 9200T by gillie
Just purchased a Humax pvr 9200T it completely locks up when i set the timer to record, i have to reboot the unit to operate it again, anybody had the same problem. Thanks gillie.
December 13th 05 08:32 PM
by gillie Go to last post
0 125
Humax PVR 9200T by gillie
Just purchased a Humax pvr 9200T it completely locks up when i set the timer to record, i have to reboot the unit to operate it again, anybody had the same problem. Thanks gillie.
December 13th 05 08:31 PM
by gillie Go to last post
0 131
SAMSUNG 'slimmer' CRT? by Terry Pinnell
At this page describing the SAMSUNG WS32M204D 32" Digital TV http://www.dealtime.co.uk/xPF-Samsung_WS32M204D I read: "Samsung have launched a range of SlimFit CRT TVs with a depth of only 399mm a third less than a conventional CRT TV." But in the details below I see that the depth is given as 21.77 inches. That's 554 mm, not 399. And 55.4 cm is about as deep as all the other sets I've been...
December 13th 05 05:56 PM
by Aerology Go to last post
1 128
Tune NTL STB to TV? by BJH
Hi An old friend of mine has an NTL STB that connects to his TV via the Coax Aerial Socket. There is no SCART available. Does anybody know which analogue channel that the STB will be tuned to? TIA
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 13th 05 08:28 AM
by BJH Go to last post
10 305
Digital reception. by soup
Seem to remember there is a site which gives you direction to and band needed for optimum reception just wondering if any one knew the address of this site . This is for the wife's cousin she is moving to the Currie area (we live in Balerno) so the post code would be in the EH 14 range. -- This post contains no hidden meanings, no implications and certainly no hidden agendas so it should be...
December 13th 05 08:21 AM
by soup Go to last post
4 121
Old ONdigi boxes, not responding to RC by David
I've 2 Ondigi boxes both with same fault. A Pace an a Pioneer, both after a few hours use stop acting on remote control commands. After switch off at mains and waiting a minute or twoo they are oK for a while. Strange I have same fault on 2, is it a common fault with these old boxes? -- Regards David Please reply to News Group
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 12th 05 02:50 PM
by Colum Mylod Go to last post
24 387
Digital TV in UK by Oldish sod
I'll happily pay 50 quid a month for subscription TV without adverts. Any offers in the UK? Thanks, -- Rob
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 12th 05 02:45 PM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
31 537
freeview box problem by tomm
I have been watching digital tv for ages , but I used my old on-digital box to do it. Now that has packed in I have finally bought a freeview box. In all the time I used my old on-digital box I was able to to watch on a AV channel via the scart, but I was also able to tune the TV into the signal so I could set give it a channel number alongside the analogue channels. With the freeview box I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 12th 05 04:50 AM
by {{{{{Welcome}}}}} Go to last post
13 247
Digiboxes with sVideo out by Basil
I'm wondering: I've run out of scarts on the TV, but I do have an AV surround amp with plenty of s-video and component sockets in and out, and would be happy to put up with the 90% quality of picture that s-video can provide to prevent having to put up with some of my kit being on RF (yuk). I used to have a Grundig 3000 box with a s-video DIN socket that I swapped for my father-in-law's...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 11th 05 02:07 PM
by simtan Go to last post
17 374
Make audio CD from DigiTV MPEG? by Nigel Molesworth
Can someone suggest the best way to make an audio CD from a DigiTV MPEG (video & audio) file? -- Nigel M
December 11th 05 11:09 AM
by Nigel Molesworth Go to last post
3 128
The new domestic aerial regulations;(... by Stephen
"Peter Crosland" wrote in message ... The new regulations only relate to dish antennae. And hopefully they don't apply to Dielectric Rod Satellite Antennae...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 11th 05 05:04 AM
by JC Go to last post
34 1,127