Post New Thread
Who maintains the Freeview EPG? by Gary
Just out of interest, which organisation maintains the Freeview EPG? or is it each broadcaster? The reason I ask and i'm not sure if this has happened to anyone else here but, I and a couple of other people I know, have on a couple of occasions ended up recording half a film, this is because the film is broken into 3 parts in the EPG with a micro-news in the middle, in particular this
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 20th 05 10:12 AM
by Pyriform Go to last post
16 329
ITV News channel by housetrained
Today ITV news channel suddenly went off air at 6 p.m. and a sign came up that said something like.... " normal surviss will be re-zoomed at 6 a.m.". Any comments? -- John the West Ham fan
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 20th 05 09:43 AM
by :::Jerry:::: Go to last post
29 509
HD TV & Freeview !!! by adam
This may be a very stupid question I am not sure ! I have been reading about the joy of high Def TV and with a suitable TV and the right source we will benefit with a great picture. I know that the cable companies and sky will be providers. I have heard that the bbc will not be doing HD programmes till later on in 2006. But will there ever be HD Freeview ? I know that you would need a set...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 20th 05 07:36 AM
by Stephen Go to last post
15 397
PVR or Freeview/HDD/DVDrecorder? by r_mervart
Which? and others seem to recommend to go for PVR with two digital tuners, e.g. Topfield, rather than say Freeview/HDD/DVDR single tuner. However, in the long term, the standard set-up could be a single tuner Digital TV plus Freeview/HDD/DVDR single tuner box. This would be equivalent to analog TV and VCR (but with HDD) You could usefully have Freeview/HDD/DVDR dual tuner box with a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 19th 05 11:07 PM
by Stuart Brooks Go to last post
22 447
BBC2 DTT from Crystal Palace 23.40 pm on Sunday by Michael Chare
Was there a break in the transmission of BBC2 DTT from Crystal Palace last night at about 23.40 pm on Sunday evening, during the football? - or has my Toppy acquired a new fault? BBC1 and News 24 were OK. -- Michael Chare
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 19th 05 10:28 PM
by John Porcella Go to last post
12 322
DigiTV iTuner Application (v3.5.12 final public beta) by Jim Mason
DigiTV iTuner Application (v3.5.12 final public beta) is now available for download. http://mirror.pcvideo.co.uk/DigiTVv3512b.zip DigiTV v3.5.12 Issues, Changes & Bug Fixes from v3.5.10 (beta) The download file is a zipped version of the DigiTV application installer. Extract the files to a temporary directory and run the file 'Setup.exe'.
December 19th 05 09:53 PM
by Jim Mason Go to last post
0 213
Sky Three by Razholnikov
I'm just gonna accept the fact that Sky Three will forever remain Sky Travel on the EPG...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 19th 05 09:29 PM
by Peter Duncanson Go to last post
14 437
Top -Up (ptoi) by soup
Wife's cousin has just purchased a freeview box with a Top-up card slot . The salesman at Currys told her there was the first months subscription free if she purchased a specific box (a Ferguson FDTT 2500)thing is when the box was looked in there was no Top-up card in the box, are cards themselves easily picked up and the "free" subscription just runs for a month or has someone stolen the card...
December 19th 05 08:30 PM
by soup Go to last post
2 154
Q: When is wide not wide? by half_pint
A: When its widescreen!! I don't normally poston this topic ;O) but...... I really feel you should read this article:- http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articles/mgmsuit/mgmsuit.html If you can't be bothered to read it all basically is saying that many of the DVD's sold as widescreen are not actually any wider than the
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 19th 05 08:18 PM
by Roderick Stewart Go to last post
82 1,267
Anglia by jeff dove
is there any way of deleting ITV1 Anglia S and replacing it with ITV1 Anglia W? I only ask because Anglia S is continually blocking and Anglia W is good but I can only watch it through Other Channels. Thanks Jeff
December 19th 05 05:50 PM
by {{{{{Welcome}}}}} Go to last post
3 139
Twinhan Ter D+A card by nathanbrittles
bought this on a magazine rocemmendation and having a bit of bother with it... its installed fine and it finds the digital freeview channels but the picture freezes when i try to watch it. any ideas anyone???HELP!!!
December 19th 05 05:01 PM
by nathanbrittles Go to last post
0 147
DIY linging up of aerial? by Dave {}
I'm having a go at putting up my own aerial and have problems with ghosting etc. Is there a web site with step by step instructions on how to set up and aerial and achieve the best reception and can this be done without buying expensive gear? Dave
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 19th 05 11:12 AM
by spiney Go to last post
14 375
Topfield PVR over the air update by Mark Carver
Just a reminder, the BBC are transmitting an OTA software upgrade for the Topfield PVR from today until 09:00hrs on Monday Dec 19th. Details here http://www.toppy.org.uk/static/otaDec.html -- Mark Please replace invalid and invalid with gmx and net to reply.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 19th 05 09:37 AM
by David Hearn Go to last post
12 286
More4+1 starts broadcasting on Freeview channel 31 today by John Rowland
Also, Men+Motors has moved from Freeview channel 38 to 35. I didn't see that coming... -- John Rowland - Spamtrapped Transport Plans for the London Area, updated 2001 http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Acropolis/7069/tpftla.html A man's vehicle is a symbol of his manhood. That's why my vehicle's the Piccadilly Line - It's the size of a county and it comes every two and a half minutes
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 19th 05 09:13 AM
by aa Go to last post
21 728
Old Ondigiboxes not responding to RC, BBC's response by David
Got a response from the BBC regarging our lockups today. "As digital expansion and improvements continue to grow some old boxes are indeed becoming defunct. For example, the old channel numbering system was unable to cope with the growing number of channels on the platform. Consequently all the terrestrial broadcasters agreed to introduce 3 digit channel numbers. Unfortunately there is a...
December 19th 05 08:47 AM
by David Go to last post
7 182
Subtitles on Satellite FTA channels by Broadback
This is driving me mad, has anyone any experience of subtitles on non Sky satellite receivers, in particular ITV? The suppliers seem to be at odds over this, as do Humax, saying that only Sky boxes can receive them satisfactorily. I can only get them by selecting text page 888, and then (especially ITV) the subtitles are not in synch. I find it hard to believe that as we are nearing analogue...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 19th 05 08:44 AM
by Broadback Go to last post
10 337
Questions on Technosonic PVR at Aldi by r_mervart
I know it has two tuners but can record only one programme at a time. What I would like to know is this: a] Can I watch any other channel while a programme on one channel is being recorded? b] Can I chase play a programme that I have been watching (which is not being recorded). How "long" is the buffer? c] Can I start watching a programme that is already being recorded from the start or any...
December 19th 05 08:41 AM
by r_mervart Go to last post
4 249
sky+ problems by dave
had sky+ for 3 months and have come across following problems. 1-when deleting a recording it sometimes sticks and have to reboot to get it going 2-recordings have failed giving technical fault 8 as a reason. is there a list anywhere describing the different technical faults 3-on some recordings the sound goes for a few seconds and the picture jumps. are these common faults or should i enquire...
December 18th 05 06:18 PM
by dave Go to last post
0 160
Humax PVR8000T software update by John
Hi I'm a newbie here, so sorry if this question has been answered many times before. How do I find out when a software update is being transmitted on terrestrial UK signals for my Humax PVR8000T. I've contacted Humax and they referred me to http://www.dtg.org.uk/retailer/download_schedule.pl but this doesn't indicate my product software on their schedule. Is the PVR8000T such an old model...
December 18th 05 03:27 PM
by Jim Go to last post
2 142
Twinhan DVB-T by [email protected]
Hello, Im having trouble setting up my PCI DVB-T card. I believe this is the right place to come. Its a VP3021 card, running XP SP2, 512 ram on a 2.53Mhz I have an outdoor aerial running directly in the PC, the signal is at a constant 20%, Qual: 0%. When I scan and it finds a frequency it likes, it stops and the Strength and Qual. goes upto 90%. Yet it never finds anything. THe only channels it...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 18th 05 01:01 PM
by Brian Gregory [UK] Go to last post
11 333