Post New Thread
Unforgotten by Pinnerite
Yesterday evening, my wife and I had settled down to watch the final episode of this serial drama. Unfortunately, Mrs Pinnerite had 'pressed the wrong button' with the result that for the first time we were listening to an audio accompaniment. It was irritating at first. During the intervals we were feverishly trying to to reverse the facility but didn't manage to so for quite some...
February 13th 17 11:24 AM
by tim...[_2_] Go to last post
4 75
Finding who has rights to something by Brian Gaff
Back in the Day there was a talking set top pvr sold under the TVonics brand name. After some messing about it seems, at least from anecdotal info, that RNIB have intellectual copyright on much of the original design. However nobody at RNIB seems to actually know. Typical corporate amnesia I'd say. Does anyone know anything about this as I seem to recall some were sold just as pvrs before...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 13th 17 11:16 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
13 96
Heroes on CBeebies by Scott[_2_]
I have just seen Cadbury's Heroes being distributed on CBeebies. Does this not breach both product placement rules and ban on promoting junk food pre-watershed? .
February 12th 17 08:12 PM
by Benderthe.evilrobot Go to last post
3 67
700 MHz clearance starts March 1 by Mark Carver
At Selkirk, for BBC A. Nice of Ofcom et al to give plenty of notice (less than 4 weeks) that many viewers' aerials will require replacement (at the viewer's own expense ?). http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0013/92011/Selkirk_700MHz_clearance_briefing_from_Digital_UK.pdf --
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 12th 17 06:29 PM
by Java Jive[_2_] Go to last post
53 187
Make sure your van is locked. by Bill Wright[_3_]
https://www.facebook.com/100007619076616/videos/1808193382777947/ Thieves using a blocker to disable the central locking.
February 11th 17 04:41 PM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
0 65
Pigeon poo protection by Brian-Gaff
I was looking well feeling, an old aerial a person had taken of their roof a while ago, and the comment was it would still be OK today if not for the bloody pigeons their **** rotted away the metal. I have to say that certainly under the encrusted ' 'Guano' was a heck of a rusted away self tapping screw in a and the unit had a couple of elements missing so one can deduce that the screws...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 11th 17 01:29 PM
by Max Demian Go to last post
10 98
Radio 2 by Brian Gaff
OK not tv, but they do have it on freeview. Note that they have gotten rid of After Midnight real live programming and seem to be using a kind of Jukebox software to present what they call radio 2 playlists, withe plugs and comments obviously recorded and slipped into the right places by software. OK they run old versions of popular programs from the previous week as well, but is this...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 11th 17 08:25 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
42 134
Firefox OS by Jeff Layman[_2_]
Just picked this up in another NG: https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2017/02/mozilla-ends-firefox-os-connected-device-ambitions-lays-off-50/ Why is this relevant to this NG? Because Panasonic used Firefox OS in some of their TVs. I have one and wonder who will be doing updates - if any? -- Jeff
February 10th 17 10:56 AM
by Andy Burns[_12_] Go to last post
6 81
Subtitle fun by Davey
I know that the subtitles are often wrong, and even funny, but I did like the BBC lunchtime news informing us that there had been a Turkish parrot in the US for the last 18 months. I even played it back to check, and yes, that's what it said. Glorious. -- Davey.
February 10th 17 07:59 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
2 62
air rifle practice by Bill Wright[_3_]
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/IMG_1805.JPG
February 9th 17 06:58 PM
by Chris Hogg Go to last post
1 67
Taylor RF filters by Peter Crosland
I am having a clearout and the following items are available as a job lot free to anyone who wants them. All you have to do is pay the postage and packing at a nominal £5.00. 2 X Taylor TBBD4 Double notch filters 1 X Taylor TD6-10SF six way splitter 1 X Taylor TR18K Variable attenuator 4 X Unbranded F type inline attenuators. 1 x 3dB, 1 X 6dB and 2 X 10dB First come first served.
February 7th 17 05:37 PM
by Peter Crosland Go to last post
0 71
Bloomin digital. by Brian Gaff
According to a friend of mine he is cursing dab and freeview radio as neither of them is in sync with his fm radio, which I told him did not surprise me as two computers on the same internet feed can seemingly be over half a minute out of register. It rather brought up the idea of when the year started into perspective. It was all over the place, so it seems to me that one of the major...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 7th 17 01:19 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
255 754
Reliable PVR? by T i m
Hi all, Not sure this is the right place to ask but I've been tasked with helping some technophobe inlaws into the PVR world. Now, I understand Humax gear is known to be fairly user friendly but I'm not sure they are as reliable as I want to risk as a recommendation (based on the one the Mrs had before I got her a Topfield TF5800 like mine).
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 5th 17 04:33 PM
by T i m Go to last post
182 364
3D TV RIP by [email protected]
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/01/29/3d-television-set-dead-major-manufacturers-stop-making/
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 4th 17 02:49 PM
by Klaus Go to last post
35 179
Arqiva for sale ? by Mark Carver[_2_]
Seems Arqiva are for sale ? http://www.a516digital.com/2017/02/arqiva-up-for-sale.html -- Mark Please replace invalid and invalid with gmx and net to reply.
February 2nd 17 04:31 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
5 127
Humax and More4 by Vir Campestris
.... since lots of people here seem to have them. We've found that if we try to record something on More 4 our FoxT2 goes mad. It becomes horribly unreliable, drops recordings, locks up, won't play things - I did think it was dying. Then I did a retune for a channel update, and normal service was resumed. Until I scheduled something else on More4... Anyone else seen this?
February 2nd 17 10:11 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
2 75
Stop the midwife by Bill Wright[_3_]
Or whatever it's called. Anyone watching it later, have a listen about 20 mins from the end. We reckon there's a modern police siren in the background. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 1st 17 09:28 PM
by Ian Jackson[_6_] Go to last post
43 163
Amazon Echo skills by Brian Gaff
I wonder if anyone is going to make an Amazon Echo skill that via the smart internet connection on your telly or pvr you can simply ask Alexa to set up a recording of I'm a celebrity kill me today at 10 tonight etc? Brian -- ----- - This newsgroup posting comes to you directly from... The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
January 29th 17 02:05 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
4 134
Smelly Tellies by Brian Gaff
No not smellivision as in aromas generated to match the content, this is the smell of new TVs. I was round somebody's house the other day and smelt this strange smell, one known to me from many years ago when old valve tellies were getting too hot and melting something important. Charred carbon resistor and hot smelly transformers. he claimed to not smell it, but I traced it to his TV, a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 23rd 17 09:21 PM
by Benderthe.evilrobot Go to last post
13 138
Are Lidl still doing sat dish + tuner offers? by Java Jive[_2_]
As per subject. I've tried searching their site, but unfortunately it's the usual over-engineered, under-tested pile of sh*te - for example ... You can search for stores within a given radius of your postcode, six stores came up for me. You follow the link for the first one to find what's on offer. No sat dish, so you click 'back', but now the search page has lost the f*king postcode (yet...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 22nd 17 08:04 AM
by Wolfgang Schwanke Go to last post
18 136