Post New Thread
Remotes by Woody[_5_]
I have recently acquired a Humax Freesat HB1000S and a HDR-FoxT2 PVR. They are in the same room and their remotes interact. Does anyone know if there is a way around this problem or will I have to swap my sat Rx back to a Sky multi-room box? -- Woody
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 10th 17 10:30 AM
by tim...[_2_] Go to last post
13 91
Any way to get an alert for a particular episode? by Phil Reynolds
Is there any way to get an alert as to when a particular episode of a TV series is due to be shown? (using either the Internet or facilities on a Sky+ HD box to get the alert) It is an episode of "Heartbeat", for which I have the title and the series and episode numbers, but it is rarely shown, usually only on "graveyard shift" showings. (The High Life, S12E15) Any ideas how I might finally get...
January 9th 17 05:52 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
4 85
Urgent police request for Samsung 42" rear projection televisons,functionality does not matter for house fire reconstruction by [email protected]
Hi, West Yorkshire police urgently need a particular 42" Samsung rear projection television, working or not for a house fire reconstruction. As part of their investigation, detectives want to recreate what happened but need a specific Samsung TV. They are appealing for one of the following 42in rear projection TV sets to be donated: HCM4216W, HCM4216H, HCM4215W, HCM422W or SP42W5HF. Anyone who...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 9th 17 05:21 PM
by James Heaton Go to last post
17 116
Advice on mast and bracket please by Jim
Hi everyone, I'm about to mount an small (10" x 10", less then 1KG) 4G external antenna (bands 42/43 which is supposed to be 3.5Ghz to 3.8Ghz) to an old Sky TV bracket and mast but Id like your input before i buy anything. The link below will show you the old (at least 20 years, but feels very solid) Sky TV bracket and bent mast https://s26.postimg.org/5evbydgu1/20170105_160152.jpg Also...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 9th 17 12:34 PM
by Jim Go to last post
12 129
O/T ping Bill Wright. by [email protected]
Hi Bill, I was wondering if I could pick your brain about mobility scooters? This newsgroup probably isn't the most appropriate venue so if you are willing, would email be ok? Is the f2s address in your messages valid? Thanks in advance,
January 9th 17 01:32 AM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
3 87
streamed UK TV abroad by fred[_3_]
I canme across this while looking for ITV racing http://www.watchallchannels.com/ Now I'd like to watch the horse racing in Spain (ITV1, ITV4). 1. Does it really work abroad ? Possibly some programmes blacked out? 2. Is it legal? 3. Is it malware free? The last paragraph states: Live TV Online on your PC, Laptop, Smartphone, Tablets and other
January 7th 17 06:19 PM
by Kenny Go to last post
8 102
New thread for Brian G by Roger Mills[_2_]
Can you see this, Brian? -- Cheers, Roger ____________ Please reply to Newsgroup. Whilst email address is valid, it is seldom checked.
January 7th 17 05:40 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
3 72
Underwater tv by Brian Gaff
I was just thinking. If you wanted to transmit tv to an underwater habitat, how could you do it? Presumably light can only go so far under water and radio even less far. Also I wonder what the speed of light is under water. as I suppose if you measure it there its the same but it obviously refracts light so has, one assumes to be different to free air. Brian --
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 7th 17 08:31 AM
by Wolfgang Schwanke Go to last post
31 149
Please start a new thread by Brian Gaff
Ie don't comment on this one. I'm trying to find out iif my news feed is broken. Brian -- ----- - This newsgroup posting comes to you directly from... The Sofa of Brian Gaff... Blind user, so no pictures please!
January 6th 17 03:02 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
0 66
Timeline for BBC local news in HD? by larkim
When is this coming? Seems excessively long in the development?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 5th 17 06:25 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
33 227
Ideas for new channel. by Brian Gaff
PI TV Politically incorrect T V showing old Benny hill shows, Love thy Neighbour and old Jim Davidson routines, perhaps Cannon and Ball as well. New stuff could be interviews with employers about 'handicapped employees after they had been gotten drunk. What really goes on in decision making ie box ticking, and what else, well that would do for a start, could be very entertaining, we...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 4th 17 09:49 AM
by tim...[_2_] Go to last post
41 217
Do LED bulbs interfere with DAB radio? by Dave W
"Scott" wrote in message ... On Mon, 26 Dec 2016 13:59:55 -0000, "Woody" wrote: "Scott" wrote in message ... I installed LED spotlights in the kitchen and when they are all on the
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 3rd 17 10:01 AM
by Scott[_2_] Go to last post
15 83
Do Philips MR16 LED bulbs cause RF interference by Scott[_2_]
I am starting a new thread to focus (excuse the pun) on one aspect of LED bulbs. I am grateful to all those who contributed to the previous thread offering innovative solutions. However, now that the supplier appears to concede there is a problem I am planning to return them and purchase a 'reputable' make. Does anyone have Philips 12 Volt (MR16) LED spot lamps? Could you let me know if they...
January 2nd 17 05:23 PM
by Scott[_2_] Go to last post
2 85
Question.. by Brian Gaff
What is the purpose or target viewing audience of what sounds like M I 5, one assumes this is not secret agent tv, but my five, but it seems to have mostly the worst of channel five on it not the best. Occasionally it has an odd watchable thing but it was much more interesting when they put out the plus 24 channel on freeview instead, in my view. Brian -- ----- - This newsgroup posting...
January 1st 17 12:00 PM
by Phi Go to last post
3 80
lift conditions in recent days by Brian Gaff
I've noticed many extra dab stations and some other stuff, like Heathrow complain on approach that French ATC is breaking in. I have however not noticed much problem with the freeview this time. I guess the ducting has been in a different direction to strong uhf transmitters here, so would not be noticed that much. Incidentally the problem with my loft aerial turned out to be the feeder...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 31st 16 10:01 PM
by Max Demian Go to last post
22 163
BBC lost their atlas? by Woody[_5_]
On the BBC web site the other day was an item about 16 miles in 60 seconds - the Flying Scotsman on the Severn Valley Railway in the West of England. Last time I looked the SVR was in the West Midlands. Last night a woman reporting on foot from the carnage on the M40 stated it was the "motorway from London to Wales." Eh? Or has Wales been moved and no-one told us? Meeja Studies strikes...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 31st 16 03:54 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
38 224
Complaint from a tenant today by Bill Wright[_3_]
My television goes all funny in the afternoon and my neighbour is the same. You'll have to come when it's happening or you won't believe it. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 30th 16 01:48 PM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
26 166
For dedicated fans of broadband speed checkers ... by Adrian Caspersz
by SamKnows, includes a latency figure ... http://www.broadbandperformance.co.uk/ As was promoted by BBC Watchdog during their usually flawed investigations, but seems a clear tool nonetheless and is free of adverts and other nonsense. -- Adrian C
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 30th 16 08:07 AM
by 7 Go to last post
16 106
It's almost like having valves... by Paul D Smith[_2_]
My LCD TV, a pretty recent Panasonic, has an interesting problem that I thought the group might find amusing. Being as tight as insert suitable phrase, I keep the house at a pleasant 18degC and with the TV close to the chimney (partially blocked but there's still some air through it), I imagine that corner of the room is slightly colder. So I find that when I turn on the TV I observe that...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 30th 16 07:52 AM
by Phi Go to last post
37 213
I never realised by Brian Gaff
That Carrie Fisher was Deby reynolds daughter until yeesterday. all very sad. It must be very hard burrying your own son or daughter. Brian -- ----- - This newsgroup posting comes to you directly from... The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
December 30th 16 12:27 AM
by Graham.[_12_] Go to last post
3 66
Post New Thread