Post New Thread
That was a very quick and cheap slot filler by Phi
BBC one 19:00 Sir Bruce Forsyth: Mr Entertainment
August 19th 17 09:37 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
3 77
blackberries near Peterborough by Bill Wright[_3_]
Go to the Services at the junction of the A1 and the A605. The lorry and caravan parking area is a long thin bit to the west of the rest of the site. Go right to the end, in between the two rows of lorries and caravans. At the end on the left in the corner is a little plantation of trees, including some oaks. When nobody's looking nip into it and head south about five yards and find the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 16th 17 12:20 AM
by pamela Go to last post
35 172
FS: Topfield TF5810 PVR by Mike Tomlinson[_2_]
I have a Topfield TF5810 for sale if anyone here is interested before it goes to ebay. Good working order, 1TB disk, HDMI out, latest Toppy.org.uk recommended firmware, MyStuff 6.2 installed, remote, RF loop-through lead, manual, original box. PSU recently re-capped. 40 quid + P&P at cost. Can deliver within 30 miles of CH45 The email address works.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 15th 17 08:54 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
17 216
Retune, the son of by Brian Gaff
Does anyone know when all the stilly markers will be removed from the channel list the ones that say this xxx has moved? It might be worth me waiting till then to see if Ican get my odd channels on the local mux to fall back in line with where they were before. Brian -- ----- - This newsgroup posting comes to you directly from... The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 15th 17 08:11 PM
by Woody[_5_] Go to last post
10 98
vcr repairs and servicing and macrovision removal by Stephen[_7_]
Hello, I've got a couple of VHS tapes that are not available on DVD so I got my old VCR out of the wardrobe and tried to connect it to my Pioneer freeview dvd recorder. But the dvd recorder displayed a message saying it was copy protected and refused to record it. I'm guessing it is macrovision? I don't have a video card so I cannot copy to my pc at the moment. Please recommend one if you think...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 15th 17 04:49 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
21 226
ITV Newsroom background by Dave W
In the ITV 'newsroom' which is mainly CGI, I find myself watching the background more than the presenter. It's totally ludicrous, with hundreds of screens and open laptops all showing different pictures, yet nobody watching them. I look out for a screen featuring a man in a red lifejacket, soon after the background has been started up. I wonder how long it runs before repeating. Then again I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 14th 17 10:02 PM
by NY Go to last post
27 194
Perpetual motion? by Bill Wright[_3_]
Interesting to see that CPC advertise some of their 12V input, 230V output inverters as a means to 'charge batteries ... in case of a power blackout.' Bill
August 14th 17 09:19 AM
by bilou[_2_] Go to last post
8 48
My set top box says channels change on 16 aug. by Brian-Gaff
Hopefully this will get rid of all those left overs from the main change and I can retune and get my 800 channels back in the right place. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active Remember, if you don't like where I post or what I say, you don't have to read my posts! :-)
August 12th 17 04:07 AM
by Brian-Gaff Go to last post
0 65
When will the dummy channels be removed? by Brian Gaff
Anyone know when all the dummy old channels will go away on Freeview? Until that occurs I fancy my local mux channels will have to remain over ch 800. I have been told by some people that the system is basically stuffed by the huge number of channels and suffers this issue due to this. It has no memory to shove things into the right slots, which might also explain some repeats as well...
August 11th 17 04:09 PM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
8 75
BBC News Blunder by Java Jive[_2_]
"Powys man gets broadband via satellite over Africa" http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-mid-wales-40745533 " they are positioned above the equator to maximise coverage." Oh dear! Actually, they are positioned over the equator because that is the only place you can obtain a geo-stationary orbit, enabling fixed dishes to work. Satellites that aren't in geo-stationary orbit
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 10th 17 05:27 PM
by Terry Casey[_2_] Go to last post
365 930
Wenvoe woes by Jeff Layman[_2_]
We've just been staying in a holiday cottage west of Bristol. The TV reception was poor - no signal from Mendip due to a hill being in the way, so reception was from Wenvoe (about 30km west). According to https://ukfree.tv/transmitters/tv/Wenvoe reception should have been good, but it wasn't. There was nothing on Com 6, 7, and 8 - none of the 3 TVs there would even register their existence....
August 7th 17 10:06 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
7 113
Someone has pulled out a plug by Phi
Due to a technical fault we can't bring you Look North, our engineers are working on it.
August 7th 17 08:59 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
2 77
Humax Freesat upgrade by David[_14_]
We have a (several years) old Humax Foxsat HD where the BBC iPlayer no longer works and there is no recording capability (internal or external). We also have a Humax HB1000S with an external drive for recording. The only issue with this is the single tuner which means you can't watch one thing and record another. However this isn't a massive issue because I would have to upgrade from a 4...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 6th 17 10:59 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
32 186
So retune day ishere.. by Brian Gaff
Should I expect it now or wait till tonight? Brian -- ----- - This newsgroup posting comes to you directly from... The Sofa of Brian Gaff... Blind user, so no pictures please!
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 5th 17 12:15 PM
by pamela Go to last post
49 191
BBC news coverage of the Passchendaele centenary. by Terry Casey[_2_]
I was appalled by the inaccuracies in the the BBC's 10 o'clock News last night in the reports of the centenary of the start of the Third Battle of Ieper. The battle lasted three months until the village of Passchendaele - its target, was reached - we were told. WRONG! WRONG! WRONG! The target was the North Sea ports with the intention of halting the activities of the German U-boats which...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 4th 17 10:35 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
58 248
DAVE appeared on Freesat yesterday by Dave W
Channel 157. But Dave Ja Vue is still only on Freeview.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 4th 17 10:31 AM
by Andy Burns[_12_] Go to last post
14 104
channel line-up by Bill Wright[_3_]
The Freeview TV guide (the LCN) is set to be updated and expanded on Wednesday, 2 August. Some channels will be moving to new numbers and viewers may need to retune to ensure they have the latest channel line-up, where this isn’t automatic. Ofcom have published more info on 700 MHz with some start dates for the STV channel moves. Link to the information on Digital UK’s...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 3rd 17 07:02 PM
by tim...[_2_] Go to last post
14 144
IOT] Bostik No,. 2 by Pinnerite
I needed to plug the top of a small short black plastic tube. After scratching my head for a bit, I remembered that I once had a tube of Bostik number 2, kept in a garage drawer. I recovered it, a little dusty but otherwise unaffected by the effluxion of time. After applying it I realised that I could not remember how long it would take to cure. What's more the tube was now the partly...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 3rd 17 01:16 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
29 150
CBS Drama changed channel on Sky by Ron
Why has CBS Drama changed channel to 269? It is confusing my 90 year old mother.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 3rd 17 09:03 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
13 94
I can't get rid of the smell by Brian Gaff
T'other day, I put on my not that old TV. I never normally use it when I'm here on my own as the screen is a little redundant. However it was dusty inside it and as it got warm it made a smell not unlike that combination of old fan heater and melting transformer varnish one gets on older gear. No its flat screen, but anyway, eventually I forgot about it and yet since then all I can smell is...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 31st 17 06:51 PM
by Ian Field Go to last post
40 278