Post New Thread
wifi question by Bill Wright[_2_]
I put this on uk tv broadcast but then thought there'll be more people on here who would know about wifi, so here it is on here as well. I have wifi analyser app on my phone, and I also have a wi-spy thingy. Why are almost all wifis on channels 1, 6, or 11? I can see that they are form the only combination of three channels that don't overlap at all, but I would have thought that better...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 22nd 14 03:57 PM
by Johny B Good[_2_] Go to last post
78 1,043
Bristol "latest local news" from BBC.co.uk/news today by Snacker
Missing mother and baby CCTV issued Family fears Dewani trial collapse 'Anarchist' suspect sought by police Preferred arena operators announced Care report calls for improvements
December 21st 14 04:16 PM
by Snacker Go to last post
3 211
Damned Christmas by Bill Wright[_2_]
For weeks now Hil has been in daily receipt of parcels, and now and then she holds up a tiny garment, which is always decorated with bad taste slogans and/or cartoon characters, and I am expected to gush my approval. I have no idea what these things cost but I bet they're not cheap. Yesterday I was asked, "What do you think we should get the dogs?" to which I replied, "The rabbits," which...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 20th 14 09:55 PM
by The Other John[_3_] Go to last post
43 641
Volume/Gain curio by Jim Lesurf[_2_]
I've finally taken the plunge, bought a new TV, and sadly waved bye-bye to my old CRT (analogue SD) set. Overall the new TV seems fine but I am puzzled by one curio. Have the feeling there is a 'fix' hidden away in the various 'settings' menus but as yet, not found it. So I'd welcome some info that may sort the puzzle. In brief: The output volume level when using the TV set's own tuner is...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 20th 14 01:15 PM
by Java Jive[_2_] Go to last post
33 769
ping Bill (SOT) by [email protected]
Looks like your favourite left-wing broadcaster is at it again: http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/proginfo/2015/01/book-at-bedtime
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 19th 14 09:36 AM
by Indy Jess John Go to last post
67 1,010
Dolby Digital and Now box. by David[_9_]
On a trial of Sky Movies with my new Now box only tried one movie so far but I assume Sky do do DD with their movies when on Sky Satellite TV. If a Movie with DD is on Now box will the DD come through? If not is it the HDMi connection that does not transfer DD? Regards David
December 18th 14 07:16 PM
by Anth[_7_] Go to last post
1 401
Update on BBC Three proposals by Scott[_2_]
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-30409171 I am surprised that BBC One +1 is to appear in place of BBC Three. So far as HD is concerned, I assumed that BBC Four would move to PSB3 (so everyone can get it) and BBC One +1 to COM7. Or is BBC Four for the chop? It would be illogical to have 1,2 and 4 on TV and no 3.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 17th 14 02:53 PM
by Johny B Good[_2_] Go to last post
86 1,396
Connecting a DAB aerial to a radio without a socket? by [email protected]
On Wednesday, July 8, 2009 8:18:58 AM UTC+1, Paul D.Smith wrote: "Brian Gaff" wrote in message ... Well some have the telescopic Arial mounted on a tiny socket of course, but I am sure you do not mean these. Officially no, but it depends if you want to open the case and drill holes or not! I once...
December 17th 14 08:29 AM
by Brian Gaff[_2_] Go to last post
3 310
weirdness by Bill Wright[_2_]
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/IMG_20141215_003636.jpg The sound and picture were Alan Sugar's 'Apprentice' programme on BBC1, but the on screen info and subtitles came up as the film showing on BBC2. Sorry about the camera shake. Bill
December 15th 14 10:59 PM
by Graham.[_5_] Go to last post
4 217
the long a by Bill Wright[_2_]
The oft-repeated plugs on BBC TV for an upcoming programme called 'Castles' is beginning to get on Yorkshire's nerves. She says it in a right exaggerated way. 'Car Sells' indeed! If we called it Conisbrough Car Sell folks would look at us funny! Actually there is a secondhand car bombsite at Conisborough. I wonder if he's ever thought to call himself Conisbrough Car Sell? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 14th 14 02:52 PM
by Graham.[_5_] Go to last post
220 2,098
Recording Internet Radio by Davidm
Next week 3 Counties Radio is doing an interview in which my son may be taking part. I'd like to find a way of recording this via the internet (3CR does broadcast via the internet). I'm not interested in recording copyright music, just this interview. I've done lots of googling, and quite a few programs around, but also lots of warnings about malware for many of them. Anyone got any experience...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 14th 14 01:17 PM
by Terry Casey[_2_] Go to last post
61 1,068
BBC Radio Bristol on DTT by Mark Carver
http://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/news/item41 Ch 719 from Mendip and relays ? -- Mark Please replace invalid and invalid with gmx and net to reply.
December 13th 14 10:00 PM
by Indy Jess John Go to last post
3 217
Quantum physics, my old Humax sat box, and the M27 by Bill Wright[_2_]
No one seems bothered that M27 Junction 6 doesn't exist :-) Thus spake Mark Carver, who is to this newsgroup what Niels Bohr was to quantum physics, or what I am to the preparation of lamb dinners. Having watched Jim Al-Khalili's excellent programme, 'The Secrets of Quantum Physics' I can now see that junction 6 of the M27 doesn't exist simply because no-one is looking at it. And no-one...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 13th 14 08:50 AM
by Jim Lesurf[_2_] Go to last post
21 516
SOT? Blue Ray player by Jim Lesurf[_2_]
Slightly OT perhaps, but... Does anyone here have/use a Cambridge Audio 752D player? Now I've finally got an HDTV with HDMI I'm considering a player that can play various kinds of disc, etc. My experience of other CA gear is good, so the 752D looks like a candidate. But I don't yet know enough details even about HDMI. e.g. The TV I have and the 752D both support 'ARC' over HDMI. Does that mean...
December 12th 14 09:15 AM
by Jim Lesurf[_2_] Go to last post
2 182
Communal system oddity by Bill Wright[_2_]
Imagine our disappointment when we opened this box https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/IMG_20141127_143749.jpg to find this https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/IMG_20141127_143456.jpg An unusual way to split a signal and provide two outputs, each feeding 30 flats. Especially when the signal needed amplification. Bill
December 10th 14 05:16 PM
by Max Demian Go to last post
5 190
Remember Me by Bill Wright[_2_]
To quote the BBC website, this is "... set in Yorkshire." Here are some screenshots: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/IMG_20141201_032907.jpg https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/IMG_20141201_034347.jpg Comments?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 10th 14 08:40 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
15 311
Trabalhos acadêmicos by [email protected]
Orientações em TCC, teses, dissertações, resenhas, resumos, artigos, projetos, digitação, formatação, correções ortográficas, avaliações, traduções, em trabalhos acadêmicos. Contato:
December 10th 14 08:35 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
1 192
Channel 4 delay by Scott[_2_]
I was watching Channel 4 News tonight. One TV (SD) in the kitchen and one HD in the lounge. I was surprised that the SD version lagged about 2 seconds behind, as I always assumed HD would take longer to encode and decode. Any theories on this one? Scott
December 10th 14 07:36 AM
by Brian Gaff[_2_] Go to last post
3 193
Spot the new aerial by Bill Wright[_2_]
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/IMG_20141205_113153.jpg Bill
December 10th 14 05:20 AM
by Woody[_5_] Go to last post
5 243
Archive copies of BBC radio broadcasts? by larkim
The day after Liverpool FC's win in Istanbul Radio Five Live broadcast some reactions from the fans. One piece has stuck in my mind forever since, and I'd dearly like to get hold of a copy of the audio. Any suggestions where I might be able to track down a copy? It was 26th May 2005, the Radio Five breakfast programme with Nicky Campbell.
December 9th 14 10:58 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
4 263
Post New Thread