Post New Thread
Cry for help by Woody[_5_]
If any of the regulars out there - Bill W, Tony S, Mark C, or Brian G - are seeing this message could you send me a mail to the address below to say you can see it. I have had major system problems thanks to so-called Internet Security and I'm not sure if my news feed is dead or if there is some other problem. TIA --
January 11th 15 06:33 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
3 203
Historical question by Richard Tobin
Were the old H-shaped VHF television aerials the same everywhere, or different sizes for different regions? -- Richard
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 9th 15 04:06 PM
by Ian Jackson[_2_] Go to last post
60 1,045
New Freeview Channels. by David[_9_]
Been aware of TBNuk on Freeview 65 and now being made aware of DayStar on Freeview 73 but not all TV sets/boxes getting the later is it broadcasting to different specs. that limit reception? Which channel is it on from Emley Moor if anyone knows? Regards David
January 9th 15 11:59 AM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
5 651
The Isle of Wight by Paul Ratcliffe
On Mon, 05 Jan 2015 09:18:28 +0000, Chris Hogg wrote: As the ships round the buoy, centrifugal force causes them to heel to starboard (right). There is no such force of course. That is just momentum. The force is the one which tries to turn the ship to the left.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 9th 15 11:53 AM
by Roger Mills[_2_] Go to last post
26 485
Thats Oxford channel. by Stephen[_6_]
HI all, Can anyone confirm that Thats Oxford is now broadcasting on the LOX mux on Ch 51? Its supposed to have started on 22nd December 2014. Also if you are receving this channel, I'd be interested in where you are recieving it so I can see if its actual reception matches its intended service area. The reaon for my interest in That's Oxford is that:
January 9th 15 10:47 AM
by NY Go to last post
4 984
OT subtitles on the BBC I Player? by Mick IOW
Hi, can anyone say if it is possible to have subtitles on the BBC I Player please? And how? Mick.
January 8th 15 10:51 PM
by Davey Go to last post
6 229
OT help my computer is full by Gary[_4_]
My c drive is full to bursting. and I need to do something about freeing up space. Computer running w7 with 1TB divided between 2 HDs but giving 3 'disks'. the majority of my programs save data to either d or e and recently a 1.5TB usb HD. All 4 disks are now full. I do have a new 2TB usb HD and 2 other smaler USB HD 1TB to use but I realy do not know where to start as far as C drive is...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 8th 15 12:59 PM
by Gary[_4_] Go to last post
78 921
LG TV Sound Bar - Subwoofer. by Alaric
I have just bought a sound bar which includes a subwoofer speaker. As regards the positioning of this speaker, would its performance be affected adversely if I position it on one of its sides as opposed to upright. Alaric
January 8th 15 09:20 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
8 342
No signal on BBC over freeview by Edward Bostelmann
Are able to view and watch the BBC channels over freeview during the day, but mostly in the evening we loss the signal on all the bbc channels. This has happen on the odd day in the past, but is now occurring everyday for the last couple of weeks. Have tried to retune and it make no difference. Live in the odiham area of Hampshire. Has anyone experienced a similar issue, and what can be done to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 7th 15 11:35 PM
by Indy Jess John Go to last post
21 642
Can never remember. by Brian Gaff[_2_]
The new channel for news since it moved. Does anyone else find it completely unmemorisable as well. Also why is there a red button as the only channel in the 600 range? Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 6th 15 09:53 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
11 283
STV Edinburgh by Richard Tobin
I see that the local station STV Edinburgh is now broadcasting a loop on Freeview 23 advertising that it will start next week. It's on channel 30 from Craigkelly. I was somewhat surprised to get a perfect signal with a wideband aerial pointing at Black Hill, about 90 degrees away. -- Richard
January 6th 15 04:17 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
6 370
TOT2: modern education, cultural differences, and Goethe by Bill Wright[_2_]
1. This evening I was asked to help a secondary school pupil with his homework. The child had consulted various sources and had produced a reasonable bit of work. The only thing was, the standard of English was uneven. I pointed out the worst bits and he was able to think of improvements. But when we got further into the work I came across a sentence that was so bad the only option was to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 6th 15 07:50 AM
by Chris J Dixon Go to last post
27 461
snipping ts files neatly by Jim Lesurf[_2_]
I'd be interested in info on simple programs to let me 'snip' a long ts file into shorter segments at playback times that suit me. I'm aware that the ts file is packeted, and have in the past experimented simply with using dd to snip oup sections to new files that respect the packet boundaries. However its clear that I also need to respect the locations of some of the metadata packets that...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 5th 15 02:00 PM
by Jim Lesurf[_2_] Go to last post
36 761
Fwd: OT help my computer is full by Gary[_4_]
-------- Original Message -------- Subject: OT help my computer is full Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2015 13:38:27 +0000 From: Gary Reply-To: Organisation: Gary To: Johny B Good
January 5th 15 12:53 PM
by Jim Lesurf[_2_] Go to last post
3 192
Satellite sockets that aren't F-plug sockets by [email protected]
Just come back from trying to fit a satellite dish to my parent's new house, which was fitted with TV cables and sockets by the sparkies but no dish. Didn't install the dish, by the way, but that's another story. What surprised me was that where I expected to see sockets for F-plugs in the wall, with their sticking out screw barrel, the sockets were flush like a Belling-Lee (which they...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 5th 15 12:50 PM
by george Go to last post
39 527
latency by Bill Wright[_2_]
On Sky News there was a bloke in the studio talking to camera. The newsroom (?) was behind him, and over his shoulder we could see a monitor showing him. The delay was very long, 15 seconds at least. Bill
January 5th 15 08:47 AM
by Brian Gaff[_2_] Go to last post
1 146
News.individual.net, bad news if you're not german by Fredxxx
On 02/01/2015 22:44, Charles Ellson wrote: On Sat, 3 Jan 2015 09:07:59 +1100, "Rod Speed" wrote: "Charles Ellson" wrote in message ... On Fri, 02 Jan 2015 08:13:34 +0000, Optimist wrote:
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 4th 15 12:31 PM
by Tim Streater[_2_] Go to last post
31 507
And now in International News, an important product recall. by Brian Gaff[_2_]
Erm, is this really true, or do they have their April fools day in Japan on 23rd December? 23 Dec 2014 at 07:01, Kat Hall Solar-powered bra manufacturer Triumph International has been forced to recall 20,000 solar-powered brassieres. The Japanese lingerie maker is best known for its bra that allows the wearer to become her own source of renewable energy via a detachable solar panel -...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 2nd 15 06:52 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
29 440
Queen plus Adam Lambert - BBC1 by Dickie mint[_2_]
Is it me, or my sound box? Or them? The sound mix just doesn't sound right. Sounds like it's only the audience mic picking up Adam's voice. Richard
January 2nd 15 03:02 PM
by Yellow[_2_] Go to last post
6 313
BBC 1 Scotland Hogmanay programme available UK-wide on red button by Ian Jackson[_2_]
As subject. I wonder how many Freeview viewers knew that they could have been watching the North Britain version of seeing-in of the New Year (albeit extremely sanitised), instead of the new-fangled rock festival London version? -- Ian
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 2nd 15 02:49 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
23 524