Post New Thread
Christmas alert by Brian Gaff[_2_]
A warning to all about a new dab station. Smooth Christmas is already broadcasting all the tracks you have come to expect.. I just don't see the point. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 21st 14 06:34 AM
by Woody[_5_] Go to last post
12 341
Smallest freesat box with HDMI output? by Stephen[_6_]
Hi, I have put up a 16 inch widescreen freeview TV on the kitchen wall.... I have a freesat satellite out on the wall plate as well as a freeview UHF outlet. Can anyone recommend me the smallest Freesat box with HDMI output so that I can fit it and put it behind the Kitchen TV set? Regards,
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 20th 14 03:02 PM
by R. Mark Clayton Go to last post
14 1,252
Did Virgin make changes to Recording Menu display? by David[_9_]
Just had a phone call from an older friend he has a Virgin box which record his TV programs Myself I doubt I ever see TV via cable but I will be visiting him before the end of month. He says yesterday Virgin made changes to the menu that is used to set recordings up background colour as changed and print is smaller resulting in the writing being not able to be read. He as spoken to Virgin on...
November 20th 14 07:52 AM
by Brian Gaff[_2_] Go to last post
2 216
Forgive me if this has been covered by Pinnerite[_2_]
since I started to benefit from HD transmissions, I began to wish for more channels. Out of curiosity I did a trawl of the www and came across this: http://www.techradar.com/news/television/4k-tv-broadcasts-are-on-the-way-but-there-are-problems-ahead-1259434#null Given the release of frequencies to mobile networks, what are the chances of either more HD or any 4k. Will it all ever settle...
November 20th 14 04:32 AM
by Andy Burns[_9_] Go to last post
2 263
No Surprises, but: "UK Should Get 'Faster And Cheaper' 4G Data", says Ofcom by Java Jive[_2_]
And guess where the extra spectrum is to come from: "Mobile phone users in the UK can expect their 4G data bills to drop in the future, Ofcom says, following a decision to free up more spectrum. The telecoms regulator has ruled that frequencies currently reserved for digital TV transmissions and wireless microphones should switch over to mobile broadband.
November 19th 14 11:10 PM
by R. Mark Clayton Go to last post
2 149
Freesat with talking menus? by Brian Gaff[_2_]
I have been asked if such a box exists. According to RNIB it does not. You need to buy one of the up market Panasonic tvs to get talking features, which is a real pain. anyone heard of anything else? I'm getting disillusioned by freesat even with no hd, which I do not need anyhow, but it would be nice to get access to some of the other channels one sees plugged as being on Freesat. It...
November 19th 14 11:07 PM
by R. Mark Clayton Go to last post
7 291
TV "PVR" capabilities by AnthonyL
What PVR-like facilities are available in the current range of TVs? My ACER TV is a few years old and had* the capability of time shift, and of recording on-demand, but it doesn't have the ability to say "Record every episode of xxx". Have things moved on? * It used to record to a USB stick but no longer does so :( --
November 19th 14 12:32 PM
by Windy Miller[_2_] Go to last post
6 225
Is Youtube morphing into a subscription or PPV service? by Graham.[_5_]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KxkP3iUhAE -- Graham. %Profound_observation%
2 133
Made in Leeds for Bill Wright by David[_9_]
Sky 117 from 24th November Regards David
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 16th 14 08:07 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
45 1,045
Portability of DR mode recordings by Richard Tobin
My Panasonic blu-ray recorder can record TV programs on blu-ray (or copy them from the internal hard disk) in "DR" mode, which seems to be essentially the original broadcast stream. Are these recordings viewable on other blu-ray players? Or does each manufacturer have its own version? And has someone here with a blu-ray drive on their computer looked to see whether they are readable with...
November 15th 14 10:04 PM
by Richard Tobin Go to last post
0 141
EPG & BBC by WhinYett
I have 2 TVs completely different manufacturers. The EPG on both frequently have no information on the 4 BBC channels. Is this normal? What's going on? Frank
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 14th 14 03:48 PM
by Glyn Morgan Go to last post
14 395
Determining likely TV reception - interpreting Wolfbane, http://www.digitaluk.co.uk by Ulrich Onken[_3_]
On 11.11.2014 01:01, Bill Wright wrote: Ulrich Onken wrote: Any installer will probably recommend to use Freesat as the cheaper and more reliable option... No, what he needs is two absolutely ginormous aerials on unfeasibly long masts, and a tremendously complicated box of tricks to combine the signals. We aerial installers have mouths to feed you know.
November 12th 14 06:25 PM
by Ulrich Onken[_3_] Go to last post
0 244
Vintage TV Freeview 242 by Derek F[_4_]
Channel 242 is advertised as being available on Freeview 242. I get the message for it and some other new channels, Sorry your device is not compatible with this service. My device is the latest Youview box with Internet connection. I also tried it on my Humax HD Fox T2 without success. Derek
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 12th 14 12:05 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
14 1,171
Doug Pauley by Bill Wright[_2_]
Pleased to see Doug campaigning for wheelchair users on Sky News. Bill
November 12th 14 07:50 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
5 211
HDMI wierdness by David[_13_]
Last night our Virgin Tivo box suddenly refused to display any programmes on our Sony TV. The lame excuse was that the TV didn't implement DRM to the HDMI specs. Powering the TV off and on didn't fix it, but powering the Tivo off and on seems to have cleared the fault. Now as far as I can remember HDMI implements DRM so that it checks it is talking to a real TV and not just some recorder...
November 10th 14 07:27 AM
by Paul D Smith[_2_] Go to last post
4 165
local TV on satellite by Bill Wright[_2_]
Anyone know the frequencies/polarizations/etc of the UK local TV station(s) that are on satellite? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 8th 14 02:22 PM
by Woody[_5_] Go to last post
19 266
USENET thirty years ago. by Graham.[_5_]
As a few of us in this newsgroup seem to live in the past, I thought I would post this. Time to dig out your oldest news reader and follow this new communications medium in real time minus 30 years nntp.olduse.net No username or password required. You may as well subscribe to everything, there isn't er wasn't that
November 7th 14 07:15 PM
by R. Mark Clayton Go to last post
3 151
Delays in local OBs? by Brian Gaff[_2_]
A few days ago both on London Live and one of the main channels local news, they interviewed a person live, well live at the time, from Raynes Park, which is really not very far away, its in greater London. The delay on the replies was almost annoying. Anyone would have thought the person was in Africa or the other side of the world. Do they push this sort of stuff via sat these days...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 7th 14 10:10 AM
by Brian Gaff[_2_] Go to last post
17 269
OT Russell Howard by Mark Carver
On 01/11/2014 15:19, Bill Wright wrote: Maybe Russell's book is more the sort of thing the BBC would be happy to give millions of pounds worth of free publicity to. It just demonstrates how low the BBC has sunk, plugging the immature ramblings of this spoilt, self-centred, little...
1 124
BBC News 'tickertape' by Brian Gaff[_2_]
In the old days of teletext you had two modes ie, leave current page till a certain remote key is hit, or let it roll around. Do they not offer such an option on red button? I cannot access text on tvs any more as the current system, I have been told is not actually textual any more, so cannot just be read. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
November 4th 14 01:06 PM
by Davey Go to last post
5 332
Post New Thread