Post New Thread
This must be a worry for some. by David[_9_]
http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/11616065.Russian_hackers_spy_inside_Bradford_and_Keighley_properties_and_broadcast_CCTV_live_on_internet/ Is it Skype they breaking into? I have CCTV camera outside connected by wireless to a monitor it's not that sort is it? Regards David
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 3rd 14 10:33 PM
by Mike[_19_] Go to last post
17 392
Humax HD Fox T2 and Iplayer by John Silver[_3_]
I dare say this has been covered elsewhere that I can't find. I have not used the STB for Iplayer for some time. The screen has changed into two sections Apps and My Apps. iPlayer gives a message that I need to register online with Humax to now get it but Youview etc are still available. Has iPlayer been taken from other sources as well as my Panasonic DMP BDT110 Blu ray player now is only...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 3rd 14 06:45 PM
by John Silver[_3_] Go to last post
13 538
laughter. by Brian Gaff
You know, when is the 1 show done. is it actually live or recorded. The laughter when I listen froma distance as I am now sounds a bit suspect in places, as if its been augmented by some extra mixed in canned stuff. Brian -- Brian Gaff....Note, this account does not accept Bcc: email. graphics are great, but the blind can't hear them Email:...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 3rd 14 06:22 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
17 342
Black friday` by Brian Gaff[_2_]
So I'm sure a lot of people now own new tvs, probably all out of date models with issues that nobody has been able to get shot of all year.Stand by for the complaints. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 3rd 14 02:58 PM
by furnessvale[_2_] Go to last post
35 889
Top Tips: how to please the doctor by Bill Wright[_2_]
A few weeks before your annual review, start to drink more, then cut back to normal a few days before your appointment. Then when he asks you can say, "I've cut back just lately doctor." Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 1st 14 07:10 PM
by tony sayer Go to last post
20 335
Internet over CATV network by Nick Le Lievre
Anyone here know anything about this? I have had a fibre cable brought into my flat and have a Zhone GPON fibre Router with an SC/UPC connector for the WAN connection. I believe it's transmitted over a CATV network but I don't really understand much about it. Can anyone explain in laymans terms?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 30th 14 11:04 PM
by Graham.[_5_] Go to last post
47 574
That's Solent by Jeff Layman[_2_]
Local TV starts tonight at 8.15. I can't wait, and I bet Mark can't too! I'd have thought they could find a better static picture today prior to starting broadcasting than a seafront somewhere with the most prominent establishment being a slot-machine arcade! -- Jeff
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 30th 14 06:58 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
17 639
More spectrum to be used for 4G by tim.....
"Scott" wrote in message ... Found this by chance: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-30117891 Does anyone know which TV channels are affected and what the implications will be? No TV channels will be affected (assuming you are using channels to refer to: BBC ITV, etc).
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 26th 14 10:10 PM
by Brian Gregory Go to last post
43 607
HD Hotpoint Oven? by Brian Gaff[_2_]
A couple of nights ago one shop with a sale on claimed it had a hotpoint High Definition Fan Oven on special offer. Try as i might I cannot come up with a plausible reason for using the term for an oven fan assisted or not! Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 26th 14 09:03 AM
by brightside S9 Go to last post
19 343
Samsung TV menu system by Woody[_5_]
My wife's aunt (70 miles away from us) has a 28" Samsung non-HD LED TV and on the Com5 channels it is saying to check your aerial due to weak signal. When I was there last week it was showing 91% signal strength and 100% signal quality (yes, I know they have no absolute meaning but they are at least an indication.) Does anyone know where in the hierarcy of the menu system the signal...
November 26th 14 06:03 AM
by Woody[_5_] Go to last post
5 241
Freeview garbling syndrome. by Brian Gaff[_2_]
Last night on several stations I noted a kind of garbled speech from the program content. It was as if the soundhad later bits joined before earlier bits. I don't think the box could manage this feat, so suspect that its the audio on the stream that is like it. Remined me of whenphones are about to lose lock, but much more annoying. CBS Action was one of them, and one of the ITV clones,...
November 25th 14 03:30 PM
by Brian Gaff[_2_] Go to last post
0 128
Sky box shows guide but not programs by Richard Tobin
An aged relative, hundreds of miles away, has a problem with their Sky receiver. It shows the EPG, but when they select a channel it shows the name of the program (?) but there's no picture or sound. The TV in the bedroom works. Is this problem familiar to anyone? I don't have Sky myself. -- Richard
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 24th 14 11:29 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
14 284
Rosetta by Bill Wright[_2_]
Isn't it just excellent? I'm so pleased it's definitely landed. There are some clever people in this world. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 24th 14 11:13 AM
by Java Jive[_2_] Go to last post
39 568
Replace broadcast with Internet TV? by David[_13_]
I don't think so. I have a Virgin Media cable link which tests out at 152Mb/sec download. It can't stream a TV programme from the Virgin website without buffering all the time. YMMV of course, but broadcast is still the best use of bandwidth. Cheers
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 24th 14 12:36 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
21 326
Wibbly wobbly timey-wimey stuff by Roderick Stewart[_3_]
I think I've set everything back to GMT, or UTC, or whatever it's called now, and I think I've remembered everything, including the central heating, the digital camera, the bedside radio, the microwave, and of course all the actual clocks, but what a mess. As well as the nuisance of going through this daft rigmarole twice a year, every gadget that needs changing seems to deal with it in a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 23rd 14 12:30 PM
by Brian Gaff[_2_] Go to last post
23 446
Whit noise not so white. by Brian Gaff[_2_]
Have you ever listened to a white noise sound on a digital radio or tv. This is what we get in some Jarre' pieces and other electronic music. On a cd it sounds convincing but on most internet radio, dab or freeview, it sounds more like svsvsvsvsvsv, as if it just does not know what to do with the wide band sound. Such is the compromise made by our naff systems. Bring back the real thing.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 23rd 14 10:06 AM
by Jim Lesurf[_2_] Go to last post
23 356
Any plans to go from DVB-T1 to DVB-T2 by David[_9_]
I've been asked "Is it known when DVB-T1 will be turned off in favour of DVB-T2?" Regards David
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 23rd 14 07:59 AM
by PeterC Go to last post
22 467
Virgin TV Anywhere and Tivo box by David[_13_]
Any Virgin Media customers out there? I have a Tivo box, and it looks as though I can manage it from a phone, tablet or PC. It might be possible (but I haven't managed to work this out yet) to view recordings on a PC (but not on a tablet or phone). You can apparently also view some (but not all) TV shows live.
November 21st 14 02:37 PM
by David[_13_] Go to last post
1 371
HD white goods by Bill Wright[_2_]
There's a washing machine being advertised on TV at the moment as 'high definition'. The new buzz word? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 21st 14 11:49 AM
by David[_13_] Go to last post
10 267
sound of landing on a comet? by Brian Gaff[_2_]
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59609002/01%20touchdown_public.mp3 Or is it a joke? It of course is genuine, but it sounds to me like a stylus being pu on a record and skipping off to the side. Apparently it was the first landing not the bounce, taken through the legs which had a transducer attached. Brian --
November 21st 14 11:16 AM
by Brian Gaff[_2_] Go to last post
0 133
Post New Thread