Post New Thread
Finding odd channels by Brian Gaff[_2_]
on Freeview above the 800 area so to speak. I seem to have varying numbers of these which usually claim to be the same names as existing ones, apart foom test but none of them have any content, yet are found on a retune. Are they getting lax or is this justanother weirdness of my older box I wonder. Also, sometimes the main tuning misses whole multiplexes altogether as if they were...
6 299
oh err me picture's gone off by Bill Wright[_2_]
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/dish%2C%20etc%2001.jpg https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/dish%2C%20etc%2002.jpg Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 31st 14 04:09 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
15 336
Why can't the BBC news be like this? by NY
wrote in message ... http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=31a_1419614580 LOL. I thought the sniper and tank graphics were aimed at the newsreader until I saw where their explosions landed.
December 30th 14 10:40 PM
by Johny B Good[_2_] Go to last post
1 144
Normal HD TV set or 3D or even 4K? by David[_9_]
When purchasing a new TV maybe today my questions to those of you that have 3D and/or 4K sets are. When watching normal HD and SD TV do either produce better picture results? When looking at Samsung which have satellite input which I must have I see prices for 46 inch to 55 inch are in the area of £700 to £1100 which to me is little more for 3D and/or 4K over a good brand TV set. Samsung...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 30th 14 07:56 PM
by Graham.[_5_] Go to last post
41 676
News.individual.net, bad news if you're not german by Fredxxx
On 29/12/2014 10:32, Graeme Wall wrote: On 29/12/2014 09:55, Rod Speed wrote: "Graeme Wall" wrote in message ... On 28/12/2014 21:44, Charles Ellson wrote: On Sun, 28 Dec 2014 21:06:58 +0000, Graeme Wall wrote:
December 29th 14 07:40 PM
by Rod Speed Go to last post
3 186
Getting used to my new TV so a satellite question. by David[_9_]
On 28.2/28.5 E are there any 3D or 4K transmissions that are free viewable, not bothered if in English or not, if so can you give me frequency and polarization please? I did read somewhere that Astra do test transmissions. Regards David
December 29th 14 07:32 PM
by Michael Chare[_3_] Go to last post
3 190
Cheesy Chrismas songs. by Ian Field
Can DAB stations tell how many people tune out when they put on cheesy Christmas songs?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 29th 14 07:29 PM
by Ian Field Go to last post
14 328
Artificial living people? by Brian Gaff[_2_]
I listened to a station on short wave the other day. Cannot remember where from, but the gist of it was that computing power is now enough to create avatars of dead people where film or tapes exist of their visual and audio selves, in such a way that they can be made to do things and say things they never said when they were alive. Of course I don't know how good this , and presumably its...
9 197
News.individual.net, bad news if you're not german by Roland Perry
In message , at 01:45:33 on Fri, 26 Dec 2014, Dave Liquorice remarked: Not 'goods' at all. the change only applies to services to include ebook, software and music downloads. This raises another question, does this change really apply to NIN? I'm not buying an eBook nor software nor music. I'm...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 28th 14 06:33 PM
by 290jkl Go to last post
33 592
Bracket in Roof Tiles by Geoff Lane
Just seen an aerial attached to a bracket fixed to roof tiles. It does appear quite solid BUT any hole in a roof tile must be a weak point for water ingress plus it must make the tiles more vulnerable in high wind. Having said that there is no chimney plus the slope of the roof would make the aerial very low if fitted to the wall. Geoff Lane
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 28th 14 04:13 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
16 282
Artefacts in dark picture areas by Vir Campestris
I've just been watching Skyfall, and noticed solarisation in some dark areas. I've seen this before too. I also notice that when the Beeb are showing Top of the Pops 1979 there's a problem with Afro haircuts - they tend to lag when their owner dances, as if the codec has decided detail in something so dark isn't important, so they don't need to be updated as often. Is it just me (my set) or...
December 28th 14 08:54 AM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
3 266
BBC Have Broken GetIPlayer by Java Jive[_2_]
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get_iplayer/2014-October/006240.html quote The BBC have removed the programme data feeds used by get_iplayer, so search and PVR functions no longer work. There is no programme information to cache, and it was the cache that supported search and PVR functions. There is no fix available at this time. You can still download individual programmes via PID or...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 27th 14 04:34 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
206 5,529
Cats and dogs q was... by Brian Gaff[_2_]
Yes, someone was recalling a chat between her and her friend when they were round a house for tea on a phone in the other day. The gist of the conversation was that the family had just purchased their first flat screentv, and the cat seemed to be far moreattentive to it than the old crt one, then the other person had said her dog loved the telly when they cot a flat screen one. It set me...
December 27th 14 01:51 PM
by Johny B Good[_2_] Go to last post
3 183
4K by Geoff Pearson
Anyone bought a 4K TV? What do you watch on it - what sources are there? I guess even Blu-ray is sub 4k definition.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 27th 14 02:30 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
36 602
Dr. Who - way out lip sync near the end by Dickie mint[_2_]
Was it us? In the latter half of Doctor Who tonight the lip sync went way out. Humax Foxsat HDR; BBC1HD. Richard
December 26th 14 01:40 AM
by Davey Go to last post
5 128
4G comes to town by Jim Lesurf[_2_]
Just been doing some UHF scans to check which muxes to use for HDTV recordings over the next week or two. Looks like 4G has now come to town! http://jcgl.orpheusweb.co.uk/temp/HFR.png In the last week or two I've had the impression that reception is affected occasionally. So I'll experiment with some filters when I get a chance. Now have an 'official' ch60 filter as well as some ones from CPC...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
16 306
Hemel Loft Aerial by Geoff Lane
Folks, I am wondering if a loft aerial in Hemel Hempstead is a viable option. My daughter lives at HP1 2QU and on the wolfbane site it shows the following; Crystal Palace 200KW 30 miles Group A H Hemel Hempstead 2KW 4 miles Group E V Hemel Hempstead Town 8 2 miles Group CD V
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 24th 14 10:49 PM
by Geoff Lane Go to last post
28 415
BBC2 HD by Java Jive[_2_]
BBC2 HD's full schedule, as advertised by the BBC itself, is here ... http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbctwo/programmes/schedules/hd There's no indication of it there, but Digiguide suggests that Andrew Marr's History Of Modern Britain is one of about four or five programmes over the day not being broadcast in HD, and indeed the series is not available on iPlayer as HD. Why should this be? What is...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 24th 14 03:34 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
76 1,118
A bit off topic: TV next week by Woody[_5_]
In case you have not seen it the Royal Institution Christmas Lectures this year are being presented by Danielle George (38) who is Professor of Radio Frequency Engineering at the University of Manchester. The title is "Sparks Will Fly: How To Hack Your Home" and is showing on BBC4 at 20:00 Monday-Wednesday next week (29th-31st.) She takes one of three items to discuss each day - a
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 24th 14 09:57 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
12 292
NOW TV box. by David[_9_]
I have a Now TV box and have connected it and done the install, it now needs me to active an account before it will work in any form. A requirement is a take a free trial of Sky Movies, a subscription to Sky Sports or Entertainment it seems to know I have a Sky ID as a Sky customer. My question is if I take say the free movie trial in order to get it to work with iplayers and catch up TV...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 23rd 14 07:54 PM
by Mizter T Go to last post
15 425