Post New Thread
Home coax cabling - more cables or combiners/splitters?! by [email protected]
Hi All, Thanks in advance for any help you can offer! I'm recabling the house... What I'd like in each room is: 2 x satellite - just Freesat at the moment, but with provision for Sky+ 1 x TV - Freeview 1 x radio
October 21st 14 12:57 PM
by Dave B Go to last post
4 173
Gridwatch by christopher_robin
This site may be of interest: http://www.gridwatch.templar.co.uk/ Have you any info as to the expected life of your solar panels and inverter unit? And how often do you have to clean the panels to maintain efficiency? We just had free cavity wall insulation injected - a sort of inert fibre called Supafil 40.
October 20th 14 07:48 PM
by R. Mark Clayton Go to last post
7 252
"Antenna power" on a Humax PVR by Another John
We've recently acquired a Humax HDR-Fox T2 to replace our Wharfedale PVR ]] It seems that when we only want to watch the TV, we still have to have the PVR powered on, to get a signal on anything but BBC1 and 2. This wasn't the case with the older Wharfedale (i.e. it could be "Off", i.e. in stand-by I presume, and we could watch the TV in isolation). Does what I'm saying make sense? I...
October 20th 14 03:26 PM
by Chrisat27 Go to last post
8 646
Clocks go back on Sunday and EPG has half corrected for it! by Dickie mint[_2_]
Setting the Humax 9200 for next week the EPG has programmes 1 hour ahead of when we know they're on. For example Monday's (27th) eastenders which is on at 2000 is in the EPG's 2100 slot. The DSAT Foxsat HDR is the same. Now as the SI has a table to tell decoders when to revert to GMT you'd think the EPG would be able to compensate? Richard
October 20th 14 01:21 PM
by tim..... Go to last post
4 264
BBC.. by Brian Gaff[_2_]
I have no idea what i was listening to, some old archive on a bbc station I suppose, It was an interview with Sid Green and Dick Hills the scriptwriters of a lot of comedy in the past. They kept saying that we always liked to think of BBC as meaning Birkenhead Brick Company, as it put us in the right place for comedy. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
13 299
interesting video about the BBC by Bill Wright[_2_]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdlVV-mYAhg&feature=youtu.be
October 19th 14 06:04 PM
by Ian Go to last post
9 201
Smart but not enough bandwidth? by Brian Gaff
I was thinking the other day, if the idea is to go over completely to internet delivered sound and vision, would the internet be able to cope if we all did it as streaming media? Its bad enough as it is with just the people on there now. Once every one wants hd and surround sound etc, I can see it all going horribly wrong. Brian -- Brian Gaff....Note, this account does not accept Bcc:...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 19th 14 04:51 PM
by Ian Go to last post
12 786
The young people of today by Bill Wright[_2_]
When I were a lad the basic trouble was, nothing much had been invented. How different it is now! Here's what twelve year old lasses can do with free kit. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RTvCLLgFfQ http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjVkXurXHBaB3D0we8mvsyA Now you know why so many TV programmes these days are ruined by the over-use of SFX and wobbly camera work. I've no doubt these girls are
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 19th 14 02:04 PM
by NY Go to last post
44 500
Am I wasting my time by madge
The gathered Knowledge base I recorded a Black and White Movie that was 4:3 but it is within a 16:9 frame. 1. I want to crop the frame to just be the 4:3. 2. Is it worth it? 3. Suggestions please for simple, free or not, software. I have googled and searched Download.com and what I have found is not for
October 19th 14 10:11 AM
by Brian Gaff[_2_] Go to last post
6 230
Freeview HD TV receiver installation software by William[_3_]
I'm looking to buy my first Freeview HD telly, there's lots of choice. From previous bad experiences with early set-top boxes I've learnt that I need to avoid automatic channel search when performing a new install. Do most of the major manufacturers now allow manual channel search ? I *AM* aware of all my local UHF channel numbers.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 18th 14 01:48 PM
by Ian Go to last post
15 203
off topic: thing on wall by Bill Wright[_2_]
Can anyone identify this? It is dated 1996. Can we simply remove it? https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ztlqom5laamet7h/AAD-MbnRjdDzgvuBCC6k9i1Fa?dl=0 Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 18th 14 12:58 PM
by David Woolley[_2_] Go to last post
20 199
The blinding flash by Bill Wright[_2_]
A week ago I used the Sony TV remote in the office, went to the kitchen to make a cuppa, came back, and the remote had disappeared. I searched, at first casually because it couldn't be far away, then more seriously because it was beginning to look like a 'lost my marbles' crisis. Eventually I gave up, and for a week I have been sharing the dining room remote. This was extremely...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 17th 14 07:25 PM
by Graham.[_5_] Go to last post
19 232
BBC's Genome Project offers radio and TV archive listings by Java Jive[_2_]
"The BBC has launched a test version of an online searchable catalogue of its TV and radio programme broadcasts. The Genome Project is based on scans of Radio Times magazine listings published between 1923 and 2009. Searches bring up a synopsis, a cast list and an edit button. It is designed to help the BBC identify programmes missing from its recorded archive and try to find copies of them."
3 156
The BBC wants to flatten your mobile phone battery even more quickly by Michael Chare
See: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/mediatechnologyandtelecoms/digital-media/11159430/BBC-aims-to-boost-flagging-DAB-sales-with-smartphone-push.html -- Michael Chare
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 16th 14 01:09 PM
by Jim Lesurf[_2_] Go to last post
48 412
Nobel Prize for blue leds? by Brian Gaff[_2_]
No I'm not going to attempt to spell their names, but I was under the impression that rather than a few Japanese folk it was in fact an American lady who made the first blue led. I'm sure I recall some kind of litigation obout it a few years back. No mention in the news though. Also, with the three primary colours I wonder if the actual output of led lights can mow mimic daylight better...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
30 402
Retune? by Indy Jess John
Can anybody suggest why my Humax Freeview PVR is saying that a retune is required because of changes on 1st October, but my Panasonic thinks the current tuning is OK? Jim
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 15th 14 11:11 AM
by Davey Go to last post
55 668
Can't they come up with a new tune? by Brian Gaff[_2_]
As the bbc limber up for yet another Children in Need, I guess you cannot have escaped hearing the official recording this year. God only knows, yes the Beach Boys classic, sung by everyone and their dogs and stuff like that. I cannot helpbut feel this anual bash is looking a bit tired now. I know its charity, but heck, soon everything will be charity if the gov go on as they are. Just...
October 14th 14 08:23 PM
by Vir Campestris Go to last post
7 150
#"I've got a three inch leech sticking up my nose... by Max Demian
"How it got there no-one knows."# http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-29595164 -- Max Demian
October 13th 14 05:03 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
9 273
Is the BBC getting close-ups by cropping? by Bill Wright[_2_]
Watching the by-election programme we had a nice clear picture with Nigel Farage (amongst others) in the medium distance. Then we had a closer shot of Mr F, but it wasn't clear and it certainly wasn't HD. It looked to me as if they'd taken the interesting bit of the HD picture and made it fill the screen. Is this a known technique? Bill
October 12th 14 07:07 AM
by Charlie+ Go to last post
7 210
Retune Talktalk Huawei DN370T by Woody[_5_]
I bought one of these beasties as a PVR and very good it is too. However as far as I can find it has only automatic tune - does anyone know if there is a manual method hidden in there? It had 160 channels, I retuned and it went down to 136, I retuned again and it went down to 126. I increase the signal level and it still got 126. It looks to be PSB3 (basic HD) that is missing but it got...
October 11th 14 08:06 PM
by Yellow[_2_] Go to last post
8 797
Post New Thread