Post New Thread
Update on BBC Three proposals by Scott[_2_]
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-30409171 I am surprised that BBC One +1 is to appear in place of BBC Three. So far as HD is concerned, I assumed that BBC Four would move to PSB3 (so everyone can get it) and BBC One +1 to COM7. Or is BBC Four for the chop? It would be illogical to have 1,2 and 4 on TV and no 3.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 17th 14 02:53 PM
by Johny B Good[_2_] Go to last post
86 1,293
Connecting a DAB aerial to a radio without a socket? by [email protected]
On Wednesday, July 8, 2009 8:18:58 AM UTC+1, Paul D.Smith wrote: "Brian Gaff" wrote in message ... Well some have the telescopic Arial mounted on a tiny socket of course, but I am sure you do not mean these. Officially no, but it depends if you want to open the case and drill holes or not! I once...
December 17th 14 08:29 AM
by Brian Gaff[_2_] Go to last post
3 294
weirdness by Bill Wright[_2_]
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/IMG_20141215_003636.jpg The sound and picture were Alan Sugar's 'Apprentice' programme on BBC1, but the on screen info and subtitles came up as the film showing on BBC2. Sorry about the camera shake. Bill
December 15th 14 10:59 PM
by Graham.[_5_] Go to last post
4 212
the long a by Bill Wright[_2_]
The oft-repeated plugs on BBC TV for an upcoming programme called 'Castles' is beginning to get on Yorkshire's nerves. She says it in a right exaggerated way. 'Car Sells' indeed! If we called it Conisbrough Car Sell folks would look at us funny! Actually there is a secondhand car bombsite at Conisborough. I wonder if he's ever thought to call himself Conisbrough Car Sell? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 14th 14 02:52 PM
by Graham.[_5_] Go to last post
220 1,909
Recording Internet Radio by Davidm
Next week 3 Counties Radio is doing an interview in which my son may be taking part. I'd like to find a way of recording this via the internet (3CR does broadcast via the internet). I'm not interested in recording copyright music, just this interview. I've done lots of googling, and quite a few programs around, but also lots of warnings about malware for many of them. Anyone got any experience...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 14th 14 01:17 PM
by Terry Casey[_2_] Go to last post
61 941
BBC Radio Bristol on DTT by Mark Carver
http://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/news/item41 Ch 719 from Mendip and relays ? -- Mark Please replace invalid and invalid with gmx and net to reply.
December 13th 14 10:00 PM
by Indy Jess John Go to last post
3 209
Quantum physics, my old Humax sat box, and the M27 by Bill Wright[_2_]
No one seems bothered that M27 Junction 6 doesn't exist :-) Thus spake Mark Carver, who is to this newsgroup what Niels Bohr was to quantum physics, or what I am to the preparation of lamb dinners. Having watched Jim Al-Khalili's excellent programme, 'The Secrets of Quantum Physics' I can now see that junction 6 of the M27 doesn't exist simply because no-one is looking at it. And no-one...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 13th 14 08:50 AM
by Jim Lesurf[_2_] Go to last post
21 491
SOT? Blue Ray player by Jim Lesurf[_2_]
Slightly OT perhaps, but... Does anyone here have/use a Cambridge Audio 752D player? Now I've finally got an HDTV with HDMI I'm considering a player that can play various kinds of disc, etc. My experience of other CA gear is good, so the 752D looks like a candidate. But I don't yet know enough details even about HDMI. e.g. The TV I have and the 752D both support 'ARC' over HDMI. Does that mean...
December 12th 14 09:15 AM
by Jim Lesurf[_2_] Go to last post
2 176
Communal system oddity by Bill Wright[_2_]
Imagine our disappointment when we opened this box https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/IMG_20141127_143749.jpg to find this https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/IMG_20141127_143456.jpg An unusual way to split a signal and provide two outputs, each feeding 30 flats. Especially when the signal needed amplification. Bill
December 10th 14 05:16 PM
by Max Demian Go to last post
5 180
Remember Me by Bill Wright[_2_]
To quote the BBC website, this is "... set in Yorkshire." Here are some screenshots: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/IMG_20141201_032907.jpg https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/IMG_20141201_034347.jpg Comments?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 10th 14 08:40 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
15 285
Trabalhos acadêmicos by [email protected]
Orientações em TCC, teses, dissertações, resenhas, resumos, artigos, projetos, digitação, formatação, correções ortográficas, avaliações, traduções, em trabalhos acadêmicos. Contato:
December 10th 14 08:35 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
1 188
Channel 4 delay by Scott[_2_]
I was watching Channel 4 News tonight. One TV (SD) in the kitchen and one HD in the lounge. I was surprised that the SD version lagged about 2 seconds behind, as I always assumed HD would take longer to encode and decode. Any theories on this one? Scott
December 10th 14 07:36 AM
by Brian Gaff[_2_] Go to last post
3 186
Spot the new aerial by Bill Wright[_2_]
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/IMG_20141205_113153.jpg Bill
December 10th 14 05:20 AM
by Woody[_5_] Go to last post
5 229
Archive copies of BBC radio broadcasts? by larkim
The day after Liverpool FC's win in Istanbul Radio Five Live broadcast some reactions from the fans. One piece has stuck in my mind forever since, and I'd dearly like to get hold of a copy of the audio. Any suggestions where I might be able to track down a copy? It was 26th May 2005, the Radio Five breakfast programme with Nicky Campbell.
December 9th 14 10:58 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
4 255
Royal Variety Performance by David[_9_]
I hate those long shots from the back of the theatre and performer suddenly becomes about one inch high. How you finding the sound, something amiss for me. Regards David
December 9th 14 07:51 PM
by David[_9_] Go to last post
6 222
Geminids. by Graham.[_5_]
I just had a close encounter with a meteor. The brightest one I have ever seen. More or less overhead pass in North Manchester heading NW It even had to compete with the LED floodlight on the house opposite shining in my eyes. --
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 9th 14 08:59 AM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
17 296
local tv. by Brian Gaff[_2_]
So here on the outskirts of London within sight of Crystal Palace, would there be any proposed local stations we might be able to pick up given the right aerial pointed in the right direction. It might give me a push to get another rotator. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 6th 14 11:39 AM
by alan_m Go to last post
41 640
terminology and common usage by Bill Wright[_2_]
Related to the discussion elsewhere about gigabites and fairycycles, I overheard a young woman talking to the Morrisons till operator. She wanted to know how she could add points to her card (I'm vague about these promotional things) and said, "So I can do it? I just go on?" Clearly she meant 'on line' or 'on the computer'. To her it was superfluous to say any more than 'go on'. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 6th 14 10:40 AM
by James Heaton Go to last post
94 1,268
Goodbye 700MHz (aka UHF Ch 48-60) by Mark Carver
http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/consultations/700MHz/statement/?utm_source=updates&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=700-mhz-statement -- Mark Please replace invalid and invalid with gmx and net to reply.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 5th 14 06:30 PM
by tim..... Go to last post
176 2,535
Retro hardware? by Brian Gaff[_2_]
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/sinclair-zx-spectrum-vega Hmm, well I thought emulation was the way everyone had gone with this. Mucho games on line and so why hardware, Charity, maybe but will people want to pay for it? Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
December 4th 14 10:17 PM
by charles Go to last post
5 196
Post New Thread