Post New Thread
BBC News today by Pinnerite[_2_]
Well, we now know about the eclipse. Thanks to the BBC News channel, we now know little about world news or indeed much else.They've lost it. Thankfully there are alternative channels and the web. Doesn't do much for the BBC's reputation though. -- Mageia 4 for x86_64, Kernel:3.14.32-desktop-1.mga4 KDE version 4.11.4 on an AMD Phenom II X4 Black edition.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 27th 15 08:37 PM
by NY Go to last post
105 1,522
OT BBC News web site by [email protected]
Does anyone like the new web site? It has great slabs of bright white screen. They hurt my eyes. Watching on a smartphone with an AMOLED screen, the white elements run down the battery.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 26th 15 07:17 PM
by Roger[_5_] Go to last post
41 1,495
BBC bias for Bill W. by David[_9_]
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/11493144/BBC-coverage-of-European-Union-is-biased-and-letting-down-viewers-MPs-find.html?WT.mc_id=e_DM7487&WT.tsrc=email&etype=Edi_Pol_New&utm_source=email&utm_medium=Edi_Pol_New_2015_03_25&utm_campaign=DM7487 David
March 26th 15 05:55 PM
by Ian Go to last post
5 250
Digital trophy? by Brian Gaff[_2_]
Well, I do not watch sport much, and yet one thing bothered me yesterday. From what I could gather, the outcome of the Rugby rested on the points that the Irish and UK teams won their respective matches by, on the same day, so how would they cope with having to have a trophy in two different locations in case either won? do they actually have two trophies or what? Brian -- From the Sofa...
March 22nd 15 04:39 PM
by Brian Gaff[_2_] Go to last post
7 262
Lets have a quality limit on broadcasting. by Brian Gaff[_2_]
IE I think its only fair that minimum standards should be expected for all output which is not historic, ie old films and radio, and all stations which carry stereo content should be in stereo on all capable platforms with agreed minimum bit rates. If that were done there would be fewer naff radio stations on dab and tv and the vendors of the bandwidth would have to reprice them affordably. ...
March 21st 15 02:49 PM
by Brian Gaff[_2_] Go to last post
3 285
Clarkson by jon_ty2015
The BBC has said a Top Gear Live event in Norway next week is "still scheduled to go ahead" with Jeremy Clarkson as its star. Despite postponing the three remaining episodes of this series of Top Gear, BBC Worldwide, the corporation's commercial arm, is still selling tickets for four live shows in Stavanger on Friday, March 27 and Saturday, March 28. Insiders have said they are confident...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 20th 15 10:15 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
23 633
BBC Bias, Radio 4 by Another John
Typical! Radio 4 news headline at 0900 this morning was about how George Osborne is going to reduce taxes and 'ease austerity', accompanied by a big fat quote (Big Up!) from Kenneth Clarke on what a bloody good job "George" is doing in saving the country *so far* ("and-if-you-don't-vote-for-us-you're-doomed"). Not a whiff of balance on what other parties are saying. Typical bloody BBC...
March 20th 15 12:33 PM
by Indy Jess John Go to last post
3 254
BBC News Channel: censorship by omission? by Bill Wright[_2_]
This evening, when I saw the BBC News Channel's round up of tomorrow's press, I noticed that they did not show the front page of the Times. On past experience the omission of a particular newspaper's front page means that there was something on it the BBC deems unsuitable for us. I await the delivery of my Times in the morning, just to see if my suspicions are confirmed. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 20th 15 08:52 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
11 413
JTAG-ing - Anyone able to advise? by Java Jive[_2_]
I have a QNAP NMP-1000, it's a network media player. It's no' bad, but for some time I've been trying to compile stuff on it to make improvements. Particularly, as I've already succeeded in doing on my Zyxel NSA221s, I wanted to get GetIPlayer going on it, and have succeeded in doing everything required except compiling FFMPEG, which eventually I successfully compiled a few months back on the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 20th 15 12:04 AM
by merkin Go to last post
66 1,899
No more Drones in royal parks by Brian Gaff[_2_]
It seems that the sec of state has proclaimed that people are now no longer allowed to fly those camera drones in the parks as it could be dangerous and scare the wildlife. I imagine these should be governed by the same laws as any model aircraft over a certain weight is, ie, it has to be flown in a designated area, and the person has to have public liability insurence in place as well as it...
March 18th 15 08:19 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
3 278
Intelligent PVR programming? by Jeff Layman[_2_]
I have a Panasonic DMR-HWT130 PVR. SWMBO likes to watch "Neighbours" so it is set up to series record it at 1345 every day on Channel 5, which it has done without problem for a year. I happened to turn on the PVR around 1400 on Friday, to be met with a "New Channels Found" message, which I exited out of. I then noticed that it wasn't recording anything, which was confirmed with a quick look...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 16th 15 09:38 AM
by Brian Gaff[_2_] Go to last post
10 519
two screenshots from 'Call the Midwife' by Bill Wright[_2_]
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/IMG_20150311_235524.jpg https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/IMG_20150311_235608.jpg Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 15th 15 07:30 PM
by alan_m Go to last post
13 507
BBC iplayer website appears to be down by Phi
Saturday 13:40 -- This post has been checked for cynicism
March 14th 15 07:57 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
4 232
Is "Horror Channel" new? by Andy Burns[_9_]
Or have I just zapped past it without noticing? Seems to be running trailers ...
March 13th 15 10:25 PM
by the dog from that film you saw Go to last post
6 245
OT. R. Hunberside. Qu. for Bill. by David[_9_]
They messed with my car radio today and took over from Radio 2 with their Traffic Announcement and not allowing back at the end of it. So looks your attempt to get it fixed not worked yet. Regards David
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 12th 15 09:04 PM
by Graham.[_5_] Go to last post
82 1,001
OT. Morrisons ex-top man by David[_9_]
http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/11843349.Former_Morrisons_boss_set_to_take_home___3m_pay_off/ Seems supermarket are like banks in bonus for failure. Regards David
March 10th 15 10:15 AM
by Ed Davies Go to last post
2 228
OT. Coin 3V battery replacement by David[_9_]
My Samsung £D glasses use a CR2025 battery. Looking at Morrisons Supermarket they have them by Durocell at high price also a card pack of 3V 8 in total comprising 2 x CR2025, 2 x CR2016, 4 X CR2032 for £1.99 Poundstreacher same 8 at £1.99 and Poundland same 8 at £1.00 So bought the Poundland card so my CR2025 cost 50p each if I throw the others 6 away in worst case. 50p each seems to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 9th 15 05:51 PM
by Ian Field Go to last post
50 1,010
subtitles again by Brian Gaff[_2_]
I was chatting to a person who is hard of hearing and she said she looks forward to the typos that have increased lately. She reckons the news is the best source of these. Even in serious items like when a young offender is detained, on one recent occasion the subtitle suggested, that he could not be named for Lego reasons. Well says it all really. I'm trying to think back to to when I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 6th 15 02:10 PM
by UnsteadyKen[_4_] Go to last post
33 448
BBC Radio Manchester DTT by Mark Carver
I read elsewhere, BBC Radio Manchester has popped up on Winter Hill (and presumably its relays) on the main BBC SD mux. No LCN mapped yet. -- Mark Please replace invalid and invalid with gmx and net to reply.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 6th 15 11:17 AM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
10 393
Local radio on Freeview is it better than DAB? by David[_9_]
http://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/news/item47 How is quality please? Regards David
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 5th 15 05:27 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post