Post New Thread
Distribution amplifier recommendations please by [email protected]
We had a nearby lightning strike which has killed my existing (cheapo) distribution amplifier (it also confused my Speedtouch router but a power cycle fixed that). Thus I am looking for a replacement amplifier and since I probably have a bit of time to decide what to get I'm asking for recommendations here please. We have a fairly weak signal here (near Woodbridge) which we receive direct from...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 22nd 06 05:52 PM
by Andy Wade Go to last post
16 726
Telewest BB7 no red button by The New Boy
Telewest are not doin the red button on BB7, again this year. Absolutely useless they are. You're payin all that money, and they don't want to provide it whilst everyone else is.
May 22nd 06 05:12 PM
by David Go to last post
3 203
Telewest TV Drive - Is It Really That Bad? by Tricky Dicky
I have been looking at my options for HD and from a logistics & fuss point of view, getting TV Drive makes sense as I am an existing Telewest customer But, as previously posted it's old tech (ref mpeg2) - but I have been thinking will it really be that bad? Anyone have experience of both Sky and Telewest's services and how do they compare? Tricky
May 22nd 06 04:52 PM
by Tricky Dicky Go to last post
0 125
Live Internet Radio by E Mohammed
Hi Tech experts, I am looking for an Internet Radio that broadcast the West Indies vs India Cricket Games.... Also -- Is there an Intenet TV streaming the live games.... for free -- Regards, Ezam Mohammed University of Phoenix Online
May 22nd 06 02:02 PM
by E Mohammed Go to last post
0 166
BBC and Sky to use 1080i for HD by DAB sounds worse than FM
This article says that Sky are going to be using 1080i for HD: http://www.homecinemachoice.com/cgi-bin/shownews.php?id=8681 and from this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/guidelines/delivering_quality/pdf/tv/hd_summary_delivery_formats.pdf it says:
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 22nd 06 01:53 PM
by etillet Go to last post
73 1,608
BBC Parliament by :::Jerry::::
"Patrick Nethercot (ngs)" wrote in message ... There is a Commons motion about this on Freeview http://edmi.parliament.uk/EDMi/EDMDetails.aspx?EDMID=30683&SESSION=875 I hope it works.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 22nd 06 11:21 AM
by gbh Go to last post
24 529
missing sky etc on Malvern by gort
Have a Bush STB on Malvern TX which I believe takes its feed from Sutton Coldfield. For the last 4 weeks we have been unable to receive SkyNews. Sky3, UK tv History. All other channels BBC ITV etc ok. Does anyone know if there is a problem with either Malvern or Sutton ? Cheers Dave
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 22nd 06 08:48 AM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
14 322
freshwater by Pyme
http://www.fbhp.co.uk/
May 22nd 06 12:18 AM
by Phil Cook Go to last post
9 312
question about a Humax 9200 by Pyme
I have recently purchased a Humax PVR 9200t after owning an 8000. There was the functionality to rewind a scheduled recording on the 8000 say if you came in to watch the program from 5 minutes in. I can't seem to find this function on the 9200. I believe my firmware is up to date. Can anyone help. Thanks, Andy
May 21st 06 09:48 PM
by Scott Go to last post
4 194
Ongoing PC card DTV issues ;-( by T i m
Hi All, A little while ago I mentioned I was having problems getting a solid DTV picture on 'her' PC (Analog fine, DTV regular broken and hesitating picture). The Thompson STB seemed happy with the signal but it *was* an old UHF aerial in the loft and running down old (non foil screened) 'low loss' cable.
May 21st 06 09:22 PM
by Darren Wilkinson Go to last post
3 206
Loft Boxes - what type by Geoff Lane
I want to fit a loft distribution system. At the moment I do not feel an need for DAB and FM merely wanting to give an aerial signal to various rooms for freeview reception though I would like to option to send the RF2 output from my skybox into the unit for an extra option. Now, if I keep future options open and go for an all singing unit like a Global which combines UHF, FM, DAM and Sky...
May 21st 06 07:02 PM
by Geoff Lane Go to last post
2 154
HDMI to DVI should work shouldn't it? by Dan Wood
Hi, A friend of mine has bought a projector with a DVI input. He has a DVD player with an HDMI output. He has an HDMI to DVI adapter. We can see the DVD player's menus absolutely fine. If we change modes on the DVD player (720p, 1080i etc...) then the projector adjusts and continues to display a perfect image. If we change from PAL to NTSC then the field rate changes from 50Hz to 60Hz, but...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 21st 06 06:16 PM
by JohnT Go to last post
16 354
BD-512 remote and Matsui TUTV-1 by Tim Rogers
Got one of those all in one remote controls: Anyone know what the code for a Matsui TUTV1 is using a Mitsubishi BD-512 remote control? cheers, Tim
May 21st 06 03:36 PM
by Tim Rogers Go to last post
0 568
MUX 2 on Olivers Mount (Scarborough) by [email protected]
Since Friday my mum has been having problems with MUX 2 channels. She lives in Scarborough (with a good view of Olivers Mount) and uses an old OnDigital STB. Apparently all the other channels are fine. Anyone else seeing this? Paul
May 21st 06 02:40 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 166
BBC Parliament by linker3000
Patrick Nethercot (ngs) wrote: There is a Commons motion about this on Freeview http://edmi.parliament.uk/EDMi/EDMDetails.aspx?EDMID=30683&SESSION=875 I hope it works. Toss them a radio channel by all means - but a full video channel? what are they hoping to do - double their ratings to 5??
May 21st 06 09:04 AM
by :::Jerry:::: Go to last post
1 157
the future of 'Television' magazine by Bill Wright
I'm told that the editor is on three months notice and that the future of the magazine is uncertain. This is only a an unsubstantiated rumour. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 21st 06 01:39 AM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
26 684
Non Penetrating Roof Mount (for digital TV installation) by -
I've landed this job to install an aerial on a set of portacabin buildings. The Freeview signal is hopeless all the way along the roofs (rooves?), except at the point where there is a clear gap between the surrounding high rise buildings and at this point the signal is rock solid. The portacabin is just like corrugated thin sheet metal walls, and the inside is permanent offices so I can't...
May 20th 06 08:12 PM
by Geo Go to last post
6 307
HD ready satellite receivers? by DavidM
I setup an very nice digital satellite receiver for my parents last year. I don't recall any mention in the specifications of forward compatibility with HD broadcasts though. It only cost 70 from Lidl. Can people recommend a similar, HD capable, system. I fancy watching some of the BBCs world cup coverage in HD, but have no intention of paying Murdock for the privilege. (Telewast/NTL not an...
May 20th 06 06:15 PM
by Klaus Kramer Go to last post
6 229
BBC HD on Maplin DVB-T PCMCIA? by Stephen
The "K World NB-TV 220" PCMCIA DVB-T card for laptops (at Maplin), says quite clearly on the box, "Supports HDTV 16:9 & Teletext". Does anyone know if it will receive BBC HD from Crystal Palace?
May 20th 06 04:35 PM
by Darren Wilkinson Go to last post
1 242
Scart cables by Grey
I have a load of widgets, TV, HDRec, VCR, Digi-box etc, and need some scart cables to connect them together. A have some cheapo scart's which seem to work, but I was wondering is it worth paying a load of dosh for expensive leads. When I bought my telly in Comet's, I had a hard time trying to convince spotty salesman I don't need their mega-super-gold encrusted scart leads as my bog standard...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 20th 06 11:03 AM
by Roderick Stewart Go to last post
29 667