Post New Thread
sign language by Trevor Wright
I have recently recorded a couple of late-night programmes which turned out to be signed by a largish bloke occupying a good chunk of real estate at the bottom right-hand corner of the screen. These were digital recordings (on a Topfield). I note that the Radio Times entry does indeed indicate SL on the programme details; for example, on Channel 4. While I applaud this facility for those...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 18th 06 10:40 PM
by Darren Wilkinson Go to last post
44 530
Pace DS430N Receiver Brand Code by tazmaniak
I have a Toshiba DVD-HD (RD-XS32SB) which has an IR control cable to change channel on satellite receivers, however you need a code for the sat box before the system will work. The instruction manual for the DVD-HD only lists one model of Pace Sat Box (MSS200) but I have the Pace DS430N which came when I subscribed to Sky. Does anyone know where I can find the 4 digit sat receiver brand code? ...
April 18th 06 08:36 PM
by tazmaniak Go to last post
0 158
analogue video disruption by King Queen
I watch Digital TV on my computer. It works fine after a bit of tinkering. The wallplate (which I replaced with an F-type) goes to a set-back amplifer (I know, I know) which is connected to a screened splitter. This splitter then sends signal direct to my DTT card (Nova) and also to my VHS which then goes into an analogue card in my computer. All flyleads have been made myself using CT100 and...
April 18th 06 06:15 PM
by King Queen Go to last post
4 164
ITV4 by John Porcella
Is this a known problem? I set up my Philips DTT decoder to switch itself on to ITV4 one minute or so before ITV4 was due to broadcast, as I wanted to record 'Department S', which I have not seen since childhood. The VCR was set up properly. When I came home to view the recording, the entire soundtrack was there, but the entire programme action was overlaid with a message stating that "ITV4
April 18th 06 12:54 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
6 198
O/T Graphics Cards by Ed
Sorry to be OT, but you lot tend to be friendly and helpful. My kid just got theis lego computer game but it wont run as it says my graphics card doest support pixel shader 1.1 The card is seems to have is a GEForce 4 MX 440 but although the game supports GEForce 3 and above for some reason this one is excluded (it says so on the box). So how much is a basic graphics card that WILL work my...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 18th 06 10:51 AM
by Ed Go to last post
22 389
Sony -((RDR HX 510) confused : SLP, SP, LP OR HQ - which one!?! by [email protected]
Hi I have a sony DVD hard drive recorder Please help - which setting do I use for recording MUSIC (I use Sky Digital Channel 0101 to record a dance music show on BBC Radio 1). I then burn it to DVD I then extract the audio and convert it to MP3 for my iPod (listen whilst joggin etc)
April 18th 06 07:39 AM
by J Brockley Go to last post
8 175
Log Periodic V Yagi by Geoff Lane
I'm after installing a new external aerial. I live in Edgware, NW London (HA88YH) and the wolfbane site suggests a Log Periodic. Viewing surrounding houses there aren't too many of that design about with most being various flavours of Yagi. Reading up of the log aerial it says it has better bandwidth but less gain that a conventional aerial. Strangely, doing a search for log aerials I found...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 17th 06 08:19 PM
by Geoff Lane Go to last post
16 1,052
Maplins del'y did you find them OK? by David
Placed an order on Maplins Web site, got an e-mail yesturday saying goods had been despatched. This pm. I'm haveing problems with the carriers web tracking system, so I ring him. Sorry can't help we have not been asked by Maplins to collect yet! Looks like left hands do not know what right hands doing, or not doing. CS at Maplins investigating, but stated de'ly. can be 5 days. How have you been...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 17th 06 05:31 PM
by David Go to last post
15 309
Cost of Commercial TV by Stephen Henson
In article , says... Andy Sinclair wrote: Consider a subset of shopping expenditure such as Tesco, which has a turnover of £34 billion. ITV's budget is less that 5% of expenditure in just Tesco, never mind 13% of all shopping. That set me thinking so instead of taking BECTU's - or...
April 17th 06 01:34 PM
by Darren Wilkinson Go to last post
2 154
Humax 9200T video files by Rob
Is there any consensus on the best tool to 'clean' Humax video files once they're transferred to a PC? I've recently bought a Pinnacle Showcentre 200, and it's very picky about playing files back - even if they play correctly on the the PC. My pick of the freebies, btw, is HDTVtoMPEG. Many thanks Rob
April 17th 06 08:44 AM
by Mike Redrobe Go to last post
3 111
Channel 5 reception by Martin
For the last few days, I get no Channel 5 reception on my Humax PVR-9200T but it is fine on my Sony DV3 - both connected to the same aerial. How can this be? Martin.
April 17th 06 04:19 AM
by Martin Go to last post
6 160
dvd upscaling? by Mike D
I heard that if you play your standard dvd's on a HD DVD player attached to a HD TV the player will upscale your ordinary dvd's and they will come out showing in HD quality. Is this true or is it they will play at near HD quality and not be as good as true HD broadcasts? thanks Mike
April 16th 06 11:25 PM
by Pyriform Go to last post
6 171
tv channels for children from Astra 2D by Peptulis Amargolis
Hi, what my children could watch on BBC/ITV channels from Astra 2D (spot beam). I live in west part of Poland and to receive this beam I need a big dish (probably 1.6-1.8 m). Maybe one of you have a detailed map with footprint of this spot beam of Astra 2D. Regards
April 16th 06 11:17 PM
by wasted Go to last post
4 164
USB TV Tuner....and NTL Cable by Mark Thomas
Hi, I have taken the plunge and got myself an Intel Mac Mini* and it is happily running Windows XP Media Center 2005 thanks for Apple and Bootcamp. Now, what i want is an XP compatible TV Tuner that can take an input from my NTL Samsung STB and feed it into MCE2005. Has anyone done this? Any recommended solutions? Any gotchyas I should
April 16th 06 08:56 PM
by Mark Thomas Go to last post
0 166
Cost of Commercial TV by Alan
In message , Patrick Nethercot wrote Andy Sinclair wrote: Consider a subset of shopping expenditure such as Tesco, which has a turnover of £34 billion. ITV's budget is less that 5% of expenditure in just Tesco, never mind 13% of all shopping.
April 16th 06 05:58 PM
by Charlie Pearce Go to last post
8 126
BBC South regional on digital terrestrial by Chris
Hi, I’ve noticed over time when watching BBC South Today on digital terrestrial the picture is clipped at the right side and there is some form of ‘ghosting’ on the image. This only happens for me on the local BBC programs and not all the time – and is never seen on other channels and for that matter at non regional specific times on BBC.
April 16th 06 05:21 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
6 242
Pace Twin + abc1 by nick
Now that there's finally something worth watching on abc1, itd be nice if I could actually receive it. Pace Twin is allergic to these channel, anyone get it working or do I have to shell out for another PVR.
April 16th 06 05:18 PM
by charles Go to last post
6 168
Is there much to choose between basic Freeview boxes? by Blue Frog
Sony does the best one-good remote and program guide, the others look a bit cheap in comparison but basically work. If you want TopupTV you're limited, I think the Humax is probably the best "Rick Marks" wrote in message ... Is it worth paying for a reasonably well-known brand? Or are the guts basically all the same?
April 16th 06 02:16 PM
by Blue Frog Go to last post
0 106
appply online for credit card by online-credit-cards
PULASKI BANK MASTERCARD®/VISA® - If you're currently using a high interest rate card, you could save hundreds of dollars by switching to the cards that give you one of the lowest rates in the nation, a Pulaski Bank MasterCard® or VISA® Card.For details ,visit to : http://instantcreditnow.com/creditcards.html
April 16th 06 12:13 PM
by Paul Heslop Go to last post
1 140
Men and Motors by Dean Lambert
Just checked my box this morning and the EPG info has changed now. Instead of showing men and motors its showing ITV Play... Wonder when ITV "we have cocked up again" channel launches?
April 16th 06 06:37 AM
by DB Go to last post
6 146
Post New Thread