Post New Thread
Free Sky TV Viewing Card by [email protected]
Free Sky Digital TV All channels, movies, sports and family TV, it could cost up to 42.50 per month, and more because all box office and live sport events are included, as well as all the Asian TV channels, there is no channel it can not decoded, it is full access, yes that is right full access, (so please do not ask if it does this certain channel etc,), when we say.... Full access to all the...
May 11th 06 05:10 PM
by Rob Go to last post
5 253
Multi-Switch recomendation please. by Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk )
Hello. :) Right.... Dilemma is twofold or even thrice fold! OK. to be brief, House re-done big time. New cables and stuff most places to most rooms, most of TV done in copper foil& braid screened CT100 of some unknown brand, all cabled back to central point in attic.
May 10th 06 05:28 PM
by Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ) Go to last post
2 212
Problem displaying 4:3 DVD's by Chris Curtis
Hi I have a Sony KV-28FX65 U and a Sony DVD player. Whenever I watch a dvd which is in 4:3 format the picture randomly shifts between screen modes. It does it on whatever screen mode I have manually selected and I think it is switching between Smart and Wide modes. It has always done this even with a previous DVD player. The manual says that the Auto Format setting is for the aerial input...
May 10th 06 10:00 AM
by Chris Curtis Go to last post
0 149
Sony 32" Widescreen KV-32DX30U by mlv
Can anyone tell me how good (or bad) the Sony 32" Widescreen television KV-32DX30U is? Can anyone post a link to a review for this television? Thanks -- Mike -Please remove 'safetycatch' from e-mail address before firing off your reply-
May 10th 06 09:29 AM
by Andereida Go to last post
6 554
dvdr, topfield, etc by Trevor Wright
This may be OT here, please forgive me. I have acquired a dvd recorder (panasonic 30) to archive material from old vhs and from the topfield. This is fairly bewildering, with about 25 different standards as far as I can see. (Exaggeration to make point). I want sometimes to record something to take to the bedroom dvd player. Say, the end of something. A quick recording which will be...
May 10th 06 08:44 AM
by Bill (Adopt) Go to last post
8 240
HELP! Sony 32" Widescreen CRT Model Numbers. by mlv
I am looking to buy a Sony 32" Widescreen CTV. I don't necessarily need an integral digital decoder. I would prefer 100Hz. The TV will go onto an existing plinth, so I don't need/can't use a stand (consequently, the TV must not be a model with speakers built into the stand). I'm probably going to buy a second-hand set (1-3 years old) as no one seems to stock large screen CTVs anymore (it's...
May 10th 06 07:38 AM
by mlv Go to last post
3 375
Why no local radio on freeview? by Bazzer Smith
Strike me there should be local radio on Freeview for football etc. The other stations on there are of little interest to me.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 10th 06 01:01 AM
by Bazzer Smith Go to last post
48 855
Sign up here for freeview HD trial by Ed
http://esampler.tns-global.com/multimedia/UK/SixPack/survey.html
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 9th 06 11:28 PM
by Mikeapollo Go to last post
16 375
Signal strength meter by Staiger
Colleagues, If Bill lived in East Anglia I'd shower him with gold and ask him to install my new aerial. As it is, I don't feel I can trust any of the installers in my area to do a really meticulous job (I realise there will be some really good guys around, but the last two were both rubbish), so I'm gonna do it myself. When I set up my Sky dish I used one of those signal strength meters you can
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 9th 06 10:28 PM
by Rob Go to last post
10 1,369
DVT PCI card with classic DTV issues ;-( by T i m
Hi All, I'm not sure if this is a PC or DTV question but I'll ask here first if I may, ;-) I have a Thompson DTV box (DTI 2300) that seems to show good signal strength and quality across all channels. I took the signal out from that to a 'Pinnacle Dazzle VideoCollector 2006 (PCI PCTV 300i PAL DVB-T PCI)' card in the wifes PC.
May 9th 06 10:22 PM
by Darren Wilkinson Go to last post
5 200
MORE4 picture quality by Heracles Pollux
I don't watch MORE4 because of the dark cancer-like shadow in the top left (for no benefit at all to the viewer). Anyway, why does the picture quality of MORE4 look one is watching a S-VHS video tape? This channel is obviously over-compressed and in a lower resolution than C4 or FIVE. The outline of objects is less distinct with round or complex shapes showing compression artefacts....
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 9th 06 09:24 PM
by Dom Robinson Go to last post
42 811
Thomson (DHD4000) Software Upgrade. by Chris Bacon
Arrived this morning. Lots of new stuff! 13 pages of messages! It's much more refined, don't you know.
May 9th 06 09:14 PM
by Ron Morgan Go to last post
9 298
Free Sky TV Viewing Card by [email protected]
Free Sky Digital TV All channels, movies, sports and family TV, it could cost up to 42.50 per month, and more because all box office and live sport events are included, as well as all the Asian TV channels, there is no channel it can not decoded, it is full access, yes that is right full access, (so please do not ask if it does this certain channel etc,), when we say.... Full access to all the...
May 9th 06 07:04 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 135
Free Sky TV Viewing Card by [email protected]
Free Sky Digital TV All channels, movies, sports and family TV, it could cost up to 42.50 per month, and more because all box office and live sport events are included, as well as all the Asian TV channels, there is no channel it can not decoded, it is full access, yes that is right full access, (so please do not ask if it does this certain channel etc,), when we say.... Full access to all the...
May 9th 06 07:01 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 116
Samsung LE26R51BD v LE26R73BD tv by ben
Does anyone have this tv? Do you know what the difference is between it and the newer LE26R73BD apart from the case being black and the stand being 'swivellable'?! It's 100 more expensive so I'd hope the technology has been improved, but looking at the specs on the Samsung website they look pretty identical (eg both have 3000:1 contrast ratios) All thoughts appreciated. TIA
May 9th 06 04:27 PM
by ben Go to last post
0 141
dvd r by Trevor Wright
I'm about to buy a dvd recorder to go with my Topfield. I will probably buy a vhs combo because I have a lot of VHS to copy. Do I have to worry about HD with this? Does it need particular features to be HD ready, as they say? -- Trevor Wright
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 9th 06 04:24 PM
by Pyriform Go to last post
15 261
Sony Cam Menu by Simon Chambers
I have a Sony KD-28DX40 idtv. I want Top Up TV, and rather than spending 40 on a TUTV Cam I bought an Aston Cam (which research indicates will be OK for TUTV) on Ebay. When the Cam is in the slot and I turn the TV on there is a message that says "Module Connected", but if I go to the setup menu and select the (now available) Cam Setup option I get nothing, just exited out of the menus, back to...
May 8th 06 11:16 PM
by Simon Chambers Go to last post
3 130
Windows Media Center Edition by Adrian B
Hi chaps and chapesses... I'm about to buy a new PC for the kids... Looking at the Mesh website, they are offering several with Windows XP Media Center rather than the Home edition. The one I am looking at comes with a DTT tuner too. Question 1 - How good (or otherwise) is MCE ? In other words, am I better downgrading to Home and saving my pennies? Question 2 - I presume that an MCE PC will...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 8th 06 07:45 PM
by Mo Childs Go to last post
20 444
Can I tell whcih transmitter I'm on with Freeview? by Horse.trader
Having struggled to get Freeview up and running (I live in a valley shielded from Emerley Moor) only been using a relay station for analogue TV. I put up a high gain TV aerial and after 9 attempts got a reasonable signal from somewhere, aerial is pointing NW form Huddersfield, looking at charts, there are no (digital) transmitters for 100 miles in that direction. I can only presume I'm...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 8th 06 07:17 PM
by Horse.trader Go to last post
13 2,396
Half-wave Band 3 vertical dipole by Malcolm H
Is such a thing available suitable for in-line mounting on the top of a pole (so that it looks like an extension to the pole) with the cable running down the inside of the lower element? I want the result to be an omnidirectional aerial for DAB reception.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 8th 06 09:36 AM
by Malcolm H Go to last post
10 467