Post New Thread
Old Philips ondigital box - do the buttons on the front do anything? by Dom Robinson
In article , Ted Alan ta says... I have an old ON DIGITAL philips set top box. I don't have the remote control, the box works ok but is stuck on channel 7. There is a few buttons on the front, but they don't seem to do anything apart from waking it up from standby. So the question is how do I use the buttons on the front to change ...
April 25th 06 10:53 PM
by Dom Robinson Go to last post
2 156
Dismantleable $ky dish? by Dave Fawthrop
After having *again* failed to get Freeview, or even analogue, in the Caravan. This time pitched in the middle of nowhere 28 miles from Pontop Pike through a *large* hill. June has decided that we should have freesatfrom$ky, Ch4 is considered essential for the documentaries. We have an old Sky box we could use, with an inverter :-(, but as our van is quite small carrying a dish would be a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 25th 06 09:08 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
10 260
Old Philips ondigital box - do the buttons on the front doanything? by Adam Sampson
Ted Alan ta writes: So the question is how do I use the buttons on the front to change channels? I used to have one of those boxes. It'll sometimes refuse to respond to the buttons on the front if it's sitting on a channel that's just showing a static picture (or if it's on a channel that it can't actually receive). Try repeatedly pressing the "menu" button as you turn it on; that'll get...
April 25th 06 07:56 PM
by Adam Sampson Go to last post
0 113
Old Philips ondigital box - do the buttons on the front do anything? by Mark Carver
Ted Alan wrote: I have an old ON DIGITAL philips set top box. I don't have the remote control, the box works ok but is stuck on channel 7. There is a few buttons on the front, but they don't seem to do anything apart from waking it up from standby. So the question is how do I use the buttons on the front to change channels? The front buttons on all the old On Digital boxes are...
April 25th 06 07:51 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
0 120
Old Philips ondigital box - do the buttons on the front do anything? by Rob
Junk it, it's knackered. The buttons were useless even when new. -- Rob.
April 25th 06 07:48 PM
by Rob Go to last post
0 142
Telecommunications Alternatives For The Distributed Workforce (March 2006) by kimi
Telecommunications Alternatives For The Distributed Workforce (March 2006) Introduction,Distributed Workforce,Virtual Organization,Field Offices for Larger Concerns,Virtual PBX,Case Study-Centract,Knowledge Worker Impact Quotient,Conclusions http://www.freewebs.com/virtual-pbx/
April 25th 06 07:12 PM
by Adrian C Go to last post
1 137
Sky remote allmost free. by David
See http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=187506 -- Regards David Please reply to News Group
April 25th 06 03:25 PM
by David Go to last post
0 110
Humax TV/PVR + DVD-R? by androo
Does anyone know if there is such a PVR yet? If not, I'm amazed - it's such a marketing no-brainer. I ask because I wanna buy one! Thanks, Thack I'm with you on this. It's what I'm waiting for too.
April 25th 06 11:15 AM
by Pyriform Go to last post
1 110
Men and motors gone by trains to brazil
On sutton coldfield, men and motors has gone. No more Miami Vice, or professionals! ITV play looks pretty dire -- Man needs difficulties; they are necessary for health. Jung
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 25th 06 04:21 AM
by JC Go to last post
37 536
Tropospheric Lift time again? by Deep Thought
Usual symptoms with the ITV MUX - everything was fine for weeks until this evening - this, oddly enough, coincides with the first bit of really decent weather for a while. Is there anywhere that publicises these atmospheric events ahead of time?
April 24th 06 09:54 PM
by GM6TRS Go to last post
2 190
Programmes beginning early by gbh
There appears to be a trend for commercial TV programmes to begin early - sometimes up to 3 minutes before the published time. Using a Humax freeview box to "reserve" a programme causes a problem when it switches over at the correct time. Presumably other systems with automatic switching have the same problem. What I would like to know is - is this just carelessness, or a deliberate...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 24th 06 05:31 PM
by Simon Slavin Go to last post
19 247
Digital TV turn off by Erica Nurney
http://www.lse.co.uk/ShowStory.asp?story=ZX524086R&news_headline=digital_tv_turn_off Digital TV turn off Thursday, 6th April 2006, 08:58 Category: TV, Film and Theatre LIFE STYLE EXTRA (UK) - VIEWERS are turned off by the digital TV switchover and will stop watching if forced to adopt the new technology.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 24th 06 04:48 PM
by Paul Heslop Go to last post
167 1,563
Casualty SLightly O/T by REDSKINS
Tonights Casualty featured a young girl jumping off a pier, does anyone know where this pier was? I assume somewhere around the Bristol channel but cant find anything resembling it. cheers Lee
April 24th 06 11:32 AM
by bugbear Go to last post
5 120
Freeview reception issues - advice please :) by [email protected]
Hi Richard, Are you sure you don't mean CBBC rather than CBeebies? Assuming it's CBBC, they're all on the same multiplex, and your "wideband" aerial is just not good enough. It's probably CBBC, yeah. I thought CBBC had been renamed to CBeebies, but maybe not. Cheers,
April 24th 06 11:14 AM
by charles Go to last post
1 113
Freeview reception issues - advice please :) by [email protected]
Hi informer, I am always amazed how some people expect digital TV using a bit of wet string when they get grainy analogue. Well, given I can get the BBC channels with a 9 out of 10 signal strength, I don't think it's that much of a stretch to imagine I can get the rest, given that I knew nothing about how it worked :P Now I've read up a bit more on it and I can understand why I can't...
0 105
What's the catch with FREESAT by Mario
Apologies if this is the wrong group, but on the face of it, Sky's freesat looks like a good deal...? Are they serious if you say NO to a phone connection, though?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 24th 06 10:14 AM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
53 628
A "proper" recorder yet? by Adrian A
Staiger wrote: Colleagues, A few months ago (late '05) we discussed the strange lack of "proper" Freeview PVRs on the market. By "proper" I mean: * a dual Freeview tuner * a hard disk * a DVD drive (which records as well as plays)
April 24th 06 09:40 AM
by John Russell Go to last post
1 113
Need help to fing the missing link.... by John Moppett
Just moved the mother-in law into sheltered accomodation. The building has a communal aerial, which appears at a socket in the lounge. The previous occupant had added a fly lead from the socket, which ends up next to a length of 75ohm Coax. This runs for about 4 metres outsied to the bedroom. Obviously there used to be some sort of splitter or amplifier, but this has been removed. Any...
April 24th 06 08:57 AM
by John Moppett Go to last post
1 103
A "proper" recorder yet? by :::Jerry::::
"Staiger" wrote in message ... Colleagues, A few months ago (late '05) we discussed the strange lack of "proper" Freeview PVRs on the market. By "proper" I mean: list snipped Not available in a PVR? Are you saying that you can get what you need
April 24th 06 07:54 AM
by :::Jerry:::: Go to last post
0 127
A "proper" recorder yet? by BORG
On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 00:53:45 +0100, "Staiger" wrote: Colleagues, A few months ago (late '05) we discussed the strange lack of "proper" Freeview PVRs on the market. By "proper" I mean: * a dual Freeview tuner * a hard disk
April 24th 06 12:24 AM
by Agamemnon Go to last post
1 119
Post New Thread