Post New Thread
mariposaHD.tv by Ben
http://www.mariposahd.tv/ Just found this, a free to download hi-def TV series. It continues to amaze me the results that people achieve using (relatively) inexpensive consumer and prosumer camcorders.
June 1st 06 09:30 PM
by Ben Go to last post
0 145
new by [email protected]
hello, I am a chinese,please conect to wo ,thank you!!
June 1st 06 07:57 PM
by Pyriform Go to last post
6 305
Freeview BBC News Multiscreen on a Sony VTX-D800U by [email protected]
Sometime over the last couple of weeks BBC News Multiscreen has stopped working on my Sony VTX-D800U. This was one of my favorite features of Freeview, since I could get a 2 mins. news update whenever. Do I need to retune manually? I did an autotune, and that didn't help. My software is V 1.12.00 U. When I select news multiscreen it goes to channel 303 and then there is
June 1st 06 06:38 PM
by johnnysaint Go to last post
1 183
Sky News missing from Freeview by [email protected]
I'm on the Crystal Palace transmitter for Freeview, and about a week ago Sky News (channel 82) stopped showing. I've rescanned about 5 times over the last few days, and there's no change. anyone else had this?
June 1st 06 12:38 PM
by huLLy Go to last post
8 233
anyone know a good forum for dbo2/dreambox by giigu
Does anyone know where i can find a site that explains the difference between these 2 pieces of kit, i am not sure which one 2 buy as i have heard mixed reports about them both thanks
June 1st 06 12:07 PM
by giigu Go to last post
2 205
what wall mount does the Toshiba 32WLT66 have? by ian
what wall mount does the Toshiba 32WLT66 have? I've looked around then net but haven't reach a definite conclusion.
June 1st 06 10:37 AM
by ian Go to last post
0 210
Anyone use a USB freeview "stick"? by mentalguy2004
The USB stick that comes with indoor aerial for PC or laptop. Do these work, is the aerial adequate or does it need a rooftop aerial? I'm in a freeview area, it would be handy to have freeview on the laptop, but not if it means hooking it up to another aerial.
June 1st 06 06:56 AM
by Bert Go to last post
4 226
Most sensitive Digibox? by John Porcella
"JH" wrote in message ... Has anyone any opinions on what is the most sensitive digi-box around at present in terms of weak signal? (And which is the worst (most deaf))? We might be able to get Caldbeck on a bounce from a nearby hill. A "digibox" refers to Sky D's equipment! What does Caldbeck have to do...
June 1st 06 02:03 AM
by John Porcella Go to last post
0 137
Aerial Support Pole by Geoff Lane
Is the aerial support pole made of a specific non conductive metal? Reason I ask is that I want to experiment with an aerial in my loft and a copper plumbing pipe is very convenient, also I have the tool to easily cut it to length. Geoff Lane
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 31st 06 09:48 PM
by Geoff Lane Go to last post
14 384
Freesat? by housetrained
Bought a 'satellite suitcase' from Maplin to take on holiday. Firstly I tried it at home but after a few minutes it packed up. Maplin replaced the whole thing and everything seemed fine until I tried the UK channels on Astra 28. Nothing - no signal showed. All the foreign channels were fine, but no UK's. Anyone know what might cause this - I can hardly take it back to Maplin's again - they...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 31st 06 08:18 PM
by BeeJay Go to last post
15 469
Most sensitive Digibox? by Staiger
I'm in a seriously fringe area, and have tried about half a dozen boxes. If you can get an old Setpal one, they have the most sensitive tuner of all. Unfortunately they are no longer supported with software updates. In terms of the currently available stuff, the Sony 800 thingy is the best at handling weak signals, but *only in my experience*. No guarantees. The thing that made the biggest...
May 31st 06 06:28 PM
by gort Go to last post
3 193
Most sensitive Digibox? by [email protected]
We've found the Philips DTR320 to be incredibly sensitive and fundamentally stable. If you can live with the slow menus and bugs it really does the job. A couple of months our aerial amp failed and we didn't notice until we switched over to analogue. Even if the analogue picture is snowy the Philips seems to cope. Keep the receipt tho.
May 31st 06 04:44 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 202
portable tv with built in freeview by [email protected]
Hi We are the first area to go digital and our portable 14" tv has packed up so was searching google for a 14" portable with freeview with no results, dont want another freeview box. Anyone know if these are available yet? Found plenty of really small tv's with freeview but not 14" Thanks
May 31st 06 02:02 PM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
4 749
WF/PF/PH/CT100 - best choice, cheapest price? by [email protected]
I need some of the above for a ~20m run from a satellite dish. I will install 4 runs, so need a 100m reel. I was going to put in 1 spare run if I had enough cable left over. I've bought either PF or PH100 in the past, then saw a message from Bill about how this specific type was no longer recommended (failed a CAI test I think). What do people use for satellite connections, and (more...
May 31st 06 01:07 PM
by Michael Chare Go to last post
3 285
Broke 436XDE by Giles Richards
Hi All, I've had a Pioneer 436XDE since last November, whilst I was away for a few days it was left switched off & now when I turn it on theirs no picture & a very loud Buzzing noise from the panel so much so it's causing vibrations through the panel. The panel has no speakers on it & my sound goes through my AV receiver, so it's defiantly electric rather than speaker noise. I read once the...
May 31st 06 12:06 PM
by Giles Richards Go to last post
0 171
Critical lengths of TV downlead by Robert Wilson
Hi folks, I was wondering, after going to a lot of trouble to get Freeview from Winter Hill whether there is a critical length of downlead based on signal grouping to avoid standing waves and the like? Cheers, Rob.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 31st 06 09:40 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
13 436
Poor ITV, Channel 4 signal etc by andrew inwards
My ITV, Channel4 etc signal has rapidly deteriorated even though my BBC signals are perfect. Why is this - I thought Digital was meant to sort this kind of problem out? Any ideas? IMHO the Digital capability has a long, long way to go. At best the performance is patchy and at wrost the ADs on TV and Radio are grossly misleading. They imply that Digital is significanly better, but I get...
May 31st 06 01:56 AM
by Slitheen Go to last post
3 441
On-Digital Phillips box by [email protected]
I use it quite happily for Freeview programmes One question - does it matter what channel it is set to, in terms of getting best signal-strength?? Mine is set at Channel 22 presently, but I had played with it after the death of On/ITV-Digital and can't remember where it was originally. Lorence
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 31st 06 12:43 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
12 316
by Roderick Stewart
In article , Owain wrote: etillet wrote: You should not stick Ariel in the TV, that is for sticking in the washing machine. Maybe he thought he was being bold. ...or he's been watching too many soaps. I really hope the tide turns on this thread before it goes too far. So do I - the wit is...
May 30th 06 09:44 PM
by Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ) Go to last post
1 154
RGB SCART interference by Agamemnon
For some reason or other my TV seems to be interfering with the signal in my SCART leads and making the picture brighter. If I connect a SCART lead directly to the TV and wriggle it about under the TV then in certain places the picture gets noticeably brighter especially if you go to Radio 3 press red and 0 so that the screen is set the black it comes out dark grey instead with the lights...
May 30th 06 07:00 PM
by Agamemnon Go to last post
4 270
Post New Thread