Post New Thread
TOT ambiguity by [email protected]
A message I received today was ambiguous due to poor English. It included the words "Residents name: Harry Bassett or Fiona Bassett." I'm afraid I emailed back "Does the resident's name depend on whether it's a work day or not?" Bill
May 3rd 06 12:07 PM
by Stephen Henson Go to last post
1 178
Aerial height question by Brian Wescombe
In the Swindon area, TV is provided by the Mendip and Oxford transmitters. I'm moving to an area of the town which uses a local relay (Seagry Court relay, which is on top of a block of flats!), as apparently my area is "in a bit of a dip" so can't see either of the main transmitters. How high could I (within reason) stick a pole on the roof and mount an aerial that would see the Mendip...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 3rd 06 12:29 AM
by James Allan Kynes Go to last post
11 317
New rating site up!! by owned82
Just recently, I have released a new image rating website, found at www.ratemyownage.com, a place where 'you can rate pictures on a scale of 1 to 10 based on how crazy, funny, drunk, or pure ownage they are.' We are looking to expand our database of images, so please make a free account and upload some pictures of your own!!
May 2nd 06 11:52 PM
by Paul Heslop Go to last post
2 137
How now to receive M and M (without Sky) by Mario
Could someone help out here -- noticed this: "No need to be a Sky customer m and m is a FTA channel, you don't even need a Sky Digibox to receive it any Digital Satellite box will do" What is this "FTA channel" and what equipment would i need? Don't have a satellite dish at present. Advice appreciated!
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 2nd 06 09:53 PM
by Andy Burns Go to last post
23 439
Widescreen 16:9 - quantity NOT quality? by SHook
Can someone tell me why oh why are people so happy to watch widescreen TV where everyone's face is squashed flat. I went to local TV store and said to them that the picture we were watching was not 'real' or true. ie people faces were squashed - and Gary Lineker does not have a face the shape of football! The shopkeeper said it was real and accurate and I could SEE it wasn't - but no he said this...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 2nd 06 05:48 PM
by Charlie Pearce Go to last post
11 371
Opinions on the Confederation of Aerial Industries by Usenet
I'm interested in anyones opinion or experience of the CAI, good or bad. Regards Glenn...
May 2nd 06 05:22 PM
by Scott Go to last post
4 140
Bill and the DAT75 by Staiger
Bill made a disparaging remark about the Televes DAT75 aerial recently. Well, I'm relieved because I trust what Bill says and I was just about to buy one! I'm in a 'no reception until 2011' zone (Felixstowe). Even so, I'm able to receive some muxes reliably but not others. I need an aerial with loads of gain and a really good front-to-back ratio (my aerial points at Sudbury, but the back...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 2nd 06 04:51 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
11 294
Sony and Plasma by Dave Plowman (News)
Bought a video mag today and read that Sony will no longer be using plasma screens after stocks of current models runs out. What took them so long?;-) -- *Learn from your parents' mistakes - use birth control. Dave Plowman London SW To e-mail, change noise into sound.
May 2nd 06 02:51 PM
by Heracles Pollux Go to last post
1 123
Set top box recommendations please? by Richard B
Hello ppl, I'm thinking of buying my first digital / freeview set top box. My brother already has a Sony VTX-D800U which seems pretty impressive, flips quickly through channels and has a nice teletext menu/display. However, the Sony VTX-D800U does seem a tad expensive and I'm told now the way to go is to get one with a hard drive for recording programmes. Please could anyone offer some...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 1st 06 11:10 PM
by Kevin Seal Go to last post
11 284
External F connectors without Self Amalgamating Tape, and dying sky cards. by Dave Fawthrop
Got all the bits for my $ky system for the caravan, and got it receiving Astra2D :-) Ch 4 Documentaries are Essential for us. Got to get a Freesatfromsky card as the series 2 card we got with an old box is set to West, and will not decrypt Ch4. Apparently it had not been in a digibox connected to a power supply for too long. See http://www.satelliteforcaravans.co.uk/ftvchanges.htm Well it...
April 30th 06 12:31 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
1 146
Quiz Call by Max Demian
After rescanning yesterday, my Humax gained SmileTV on channel 37 and put Quiz Call on 36, plus Xtraview /also/ on 36. Today it just has Xtraview on 36. Oh dear what a pity. How shall I ever live without Quiz Call. -- Max Demian
April 30th 06 11:46 AM
by Alan Go to last post
1 140
*Sony RDR-HXD710 switching on at approx 04:00 AM by Andrew Hodgson
Hi, This unit appears to switch on at 04:00 AM prompt each morning. I am not sure whether it is updating the channel list, or the EPG data, or something else, but it is a bit annoying as its in a bedroom. Any known way of turning it off? Thanks. Andrew.
April 30th 06 11:04 AM
by Andrew Hodgson Go to last post
2 255
freeview channels breaking up/missing by darryl green
Has anyone noticed that several freeview stations are missing completely or breaking up the last few days ? ie: itv2, itv3 more4 e4 etc ? bye tom pepper
April 30th 06 01:21 AM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
4 166
Sheffield by Bill Wright
"harrogate3" wrote in message ... If you are getting a good signal with a set-top then you must be atop the ridge and be line of sight. Sheffield is a VERY different prospect, as Bill Wright will tell you when he gets down to reading this NG. You don't have to be far down the hill in Walkley/Crookes from Crosspool...
April 30th 06 12:56 AM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
3 141
Length of Scart Leads by Gordon Hudson
Having decided to rewire all the spaghetti at the back of the TV most of the problem seems to be leads that are far too long. I have made RF ones the correct length for those connections, ut the shortest Scart leads seem to be 1.5M. I have one very good 50cm one that came with an ondigital box. Does anyone know where I can get ones of that sort of length which are of decent quality? It may...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 29th 06 07:32 PM
by Pyriform Go to last post
34 697
smile tv by [email protected]
what is smile tv chanell 37 freeviwe short made five minuts of animated films sent in on 1pm_5pm only is it on sky for longer what chanell is it on
April 29th 06 01:16 PM
by Agamemnon Go to last post
9 177
Perform an advanced pictorial GOOGLE-search on Early Visual Media by [email protected]
Dear Visual Media enthusiasts, Plenty of time to perform an advanced pictorial GOOGLE-search on Early Visual Media during the long weekend preceding the first of may. http://images.google.be/images?as_q=&svnum=10&hl=nl&newwindow=1&btnG=Google+zoeken&as_epq=early+visual+media&as_oq=&as_eq=&imgsz=&as_filetype=&imgc=&as_sitesearch=&safe=off (Restore the url if broken and paste it in your address...
0 152
Sheffield by [email protected]
"harrogate3" wrote in message ... If you are getting a good signal with a set-top then you must be atop the ridge and be line of sight. Sheffield is a VERY different prospect, as Bill Wright will tell you when he gets down to reading this NG. You don't have to be far down the hill in Walkley/Crookes from Crosspool...
April 29th 06 01:05 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
3 160
Digital switchoff - Rogue aerial installers profiteering? by -
Just came across this and thought i'd post it here incase anyone is interested. Quote taken from www.idsc.uk.com "As you are aware the government has declared its intention to shut down analogue television broadcasts in favour of digital transmissions by 2012. Eight months in the planning, the idsc has been formed to protect the public and the industry from untrained opportunists whilst...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 29th 06 12:14 PM
by Scott Go to last post
11 2,330
Low power relay stations... by tony sayer
Excellent article re the above in a recently published series now on the web from BBC engineering.. http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/pubs/archive/pdffiles/engineering/bbc_engineerin g_106.pdf And another detailing low power transmission aerials. http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/pubs/archive/pdffiles/engineering/bbc_engineerin
April 29th 06 09:49 AM
by tony sayer Go to last post
2 273
Post New Thread