Post New Thread
Cheesy Chrismas songs. by Ian Field
Can DAB stations tell how many people tune out when they put on cheesy Christmas songs?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 29th 14 07:29 PM
by Ian Field Go to last post
14 294
Artificial living people? by Brian Gaff[_2_]
I listened to a station on short wave the other day. Cannot remember where from, but the gist of it was that computing power is now enough to create avatars of dead people where film or tapes exist of their visual and audio selves, in such a way that they can be made to do things and say things they never said when they were alive. Of course I don't know how good this , and presumably its...
9 187
News.individual.net, bad news if you're not german by Roland Perry
In message , at 01:45:33 on Fri, 26 Dec 2014, Dave Liquorice remarked: Not 'goods' at all. the change only applies to services to include ebook, software and music downloads. This raises another question, does this change really apply to NIN? I'm not buying an eBook nor software nor music. I'm...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 28th 14 06:33 PM
by 290jkl Go to last post
33 560
Bracket in Roof Tiles by Geoff Lane
Just seen an aerial attached to a bracket fixed to roof tiles. It does appear quite solid BUT any hole in a roof tile must be a weak point for water ingress plus it must make the tiles more vulnerable in high wind. Having said that there is no chimney plus the slope of the roof would make the aerial very low if fitted to the wall. Geoff Lane
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 28th 14 04:13 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
16 265
Artefacts in dark picture areas by Vir Campestris
I've just been watching Skyfall, and noticed solarisation in some dark areas. I've seen this before too. I also notice that when the Beeb are showing Top of the Pops 1979 there's a problem with Afro haircuts - they tend to lag when their owner dances, as if the codec has decided detail in something so dark isn't important, so they don't need to be updated as often. Is it just me (my set) or...
December 28th 14 08:54 AM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
3 240
BBC Have Broken GetIPlayer by Java Jive[_2_]
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get_iplayer/2014-October/006240.html quote The BBC have removed the programme data feeds used by get_iplayer, so search and PVR functions no longer work. There is no programme information to cache, and it was the cache that supported search and PVR functions. There is no fix available at this time. You can still download individual programmes via PID or...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 27th 14 04:34 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
206 5,110
Cats and dogs q was... by Brian Gaff[_2_]
Yes, someone was recalling a chat between her and her friend when they were round a house for tea on a phone in the other day. The gist of the conversation was that the family had just purchased their first flat screentv, and the cat seemed to be far moreattentive to it than the old crt one, then the other person had said her dog loved the telly when they cot a flat screen one. It set me...
December 27th 14 01:51 PM
by Johny B Good[_2_] Go to last post
3 170
4K by Geoff Pearson
Anyone bought a 4K TV? What do you watch on it - what sources are there? I guess even Blu-ray is sub 4k definition.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 27th 14 02:30 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
36 556
Dr. Who - way out lip sync near the end by Dickie mint[_2_]
Was it us? In the latter half of Doctor Who tonight the lip sync went way out. Humax Foxsat HDR; BBC1HD. Richard
December 26th 14 01:40 AM
by Davey Go to last post
5 117
4G comes to town by Jim Lesurf[_2_]
Just been doing some UHF scans to check which muxes to use for HDTV recordings over the next week or two. Looks like 4G has now come to town! http://jcgl.orpheusweb.co.uk/temp/HFR.png In the last week or two I've had the impression that reception is affected occasionally. So I'll experiment with some filters when I get a chance. Now have an 'official' ch60 filter as well as some ones from CPC...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
16 287
Hemel Loft Aerial by Geoff Lane
Folks, I am wondering if a loft aerial in Hemel Hempstead is a viable option. My daughter lives at HP1 2QU and on the wolfbane site it shows the following; Crystal Palace 200KW 30 miles Group A H Hemel Hempstead 2KW 4 miles Group E V Hemel Hempstead Town 8 2 miles Group CD V
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 24th 14 10:49 PM
by Geoff Lane Go to last post
28 384
BBC2 HD by Java Jive[_2_]
BBC2 HD's full schedule, as advertised by the BBC itself, is here ... http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbctwo/programmes/schedules/hd There's no indication of it there, but Digiguide suggests that Andrew Marr's History Of Modern Britain is one of about four or five programmes over the day not being broadcast in HD, and indeed the series is not available on iPlayer as HD. Why should this be? What is...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 24th 14 03:34 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
76 1,019
A bit off topic: TV next week by Woody[_5_]
In case you have not seen it the Royal Institution Christmas Lectures this year are being presented by Danielle George (38) who is Professor of Radio Frequency Engineering at the University of Manchester. The title is "Sparks Will Fly: How To Hack Your Home" and is showing on BBC4 at 20:00 Monday-Wednesday next week (29th-31st.) She takes one of three items to discuss each day - a
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 24th 14 09:57 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
12 278
NOW TV box. by David[_9_]
I have a Now TV box and have connected it and done the install, it now needs me to active an account before it will work in any form. A requirement is a take a free trial of Sky Movies, a subscription to Sky Sports or Entertainment it seems to know I have a Sky ID as a Sky customer. My question is if I take say the free movie trial in order to get it to work with iplayers and catch up TV...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 23rd 14 07:54 PM
by Mizter T Go to last post
15 397
wifi question by Bill Wright[_2_]
I put this on uk tv broadcast but then thought there'll be more people on here who would know about wifi, so here it is on here as well. I have wifi analyser app on my phone, and I also have a wi-spy thingy. Why are almost all wifis on channels 1, 6, or 11? I can see that they are form the only combination of three channels that don't overlap at all, but I would have thought that better...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 22nd 14 03:57 PM
by Johny B Good[_2_] Go to last post
78 926
Bristol "latest local news" from BBC.co.uk/news today by Snacker
Missing mother and baby CCTV issued Family fears Dewani trial collapse 'Anarchist' suspect sought by police Preferred arena operators announced Care report calls for improvements
December 21st 14 04:16 PM
by Snacker Go to last post
3 191
Damned Christmas by Bill Wright[_2_]
For weeks now Hil has been in daily receipt of parcels, and now and then she holds up a tiny garment, which is always decorated with bad taste slogans and/or cartoon characters, and I am expected to gush my approval. I have no idea what these things cost but I bet they're not cheap. Yesterday I was asked, "What do you think we should get the dogs?" to which I replied, "The rabbits," which...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 20th 14 09:55 PM
by The Other John[_3_] Go to last post
43 601
Volume/Gain curio by Jim Lesurf[_2_]
I've finally taken the plunge, bought a new TV, and sadly waved bye-bye to my old CRT (analogue SD) set. Overall the new TV seems fine but I am puzzled by one curio. Have the feeling there is a 'fix' hidden away in the various 'settings' menus but as yet, not found it. So I'd welcome some info that may sort the puzzle. In brief: The output volume level when using the TV set's own tuner is...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 20th 14 01:15 PM
by Java Jive[_2_] Go to last post
33 719
ping Bill (SOT) by [email protected]
Looks like your favourite left-wing broadcaster is at it again: http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/proginfo/2015/01/book-at-bedtime
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 19th 14 09:36 AM
by Indy Jess John Go to last post
67 938
Dolby Digital and Now box. by David[_9_]
On a trial of Sky Movies with my new Now box only tried one movie so far but I assume Sky do do DD with their movies when on Sky Satellite TV. If a Movie with DD is on Now box will the DD come through? If not is it the HDMi connection that does not transfer DD? Regards David
December 18th 14 07:16 PM
by Anth[_7_] Go to last post
1 383
Post New Thread