Post New Thread
BBC iPlayer question by Scott[_2_]
I tried to watch Reporting Scotland on the iPad this evening. All I could get was London Tonight. I changed the location to Scotland. The channel guide/schedules show BBC One Scotland. The box says Reporting Scotland yet when I clicked it I still got London Tonight. Any ideas what is going on here? PS I live in Scotland. Is it because we voted No in the Referendum?
January 21st 15 11:55 AM
by Brian Gaff[_2_] Go to last post
1 158
Live coverage of NASA Dragon launch in soon by Davey
On Sat, 10 Jan 2015 12:29:01 +0000 Andy Burns wrote: Martin wrote: Davey wrote: Did the launch vehicle get back to the landing platform? They didn't mention whether it did or not.
January 20th 15 07:36 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
9 162
Mounting flat screen TV on wall and discreet cabling by David[_13_]
X-post I'm re-mounting the 42" Panasonic plasma on the wall above the fireplace. All the important cable entries are to the back of the TV and so a right sod to get at when the TV is on the wall because of the limited room between TV and wall. Between 75mm and 90mm depending on which connection so just enough for a stiff cable to bend, but not a lot extra to line it up and fit it.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 20th 15 04:44 PM
by Rod Speed Go to last post
53 847
Car radios: a personal history by Bill Wright[_2_]
My first car radio was a Radiomobile. It was 7" x 2" by about a foot and a half. It had valves, and took a while to warm up. I bought it from a bloke who sidled up to me when I was fixing an aerial in Toll Bar, which was a very dodgy area near Doncaster. I was parked down the alley behind Prospect Road when this bloke appeared, carrying the radio. I connected it to my van battery and put a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 17th 15 06:22 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
19 320
My first car radio was a Radiomobile by Bill Wright[_2_]
My first car radio was a Radiomobile. It was 7" x 2" by about a foot and a half. It had valves, and took a while to warm up. I bought it from a bloke who sidled up to me when I was fixing an aerial in Toll Bar, which was a very dodgy area near Doncaster. I was parked down the alley behind Prospect Road when this bloke appeared, carrying the radio. I connected it to my van battery and put a...
January 17th 15 08:21 AM
by Indy Jess John Go to last post
6 241
Radio Scotland silent on DAB by Jim Lesurf[_2_]
Both yesterday morning and again this morning we've found that BBC Scotland is 'silent' on our DAB tuners here. The display shows the station name. And further info says "Tayside" which is our region. The downstairs 'hifi' sic Pure tuner shows a quality of 100 and a fair signal level well above what would normally squeltch output. Are they broadcasting on DAB? I presume its not a transmitter...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 17th 15 04:15 AM
by Geoff Pearson Go to last post
14 423
Attn C. Hope by Bill Wright[_2_]
Charles, Ítes-vous Charlie? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 16th 15 06:33 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
39 608
My Jump Leads Are Bigger Than Yours ... by Java Jive[_2_]
I want to live out in the wilds of the country, and am prepared to rough it accordingly, but, as a result of the storms at the end of last week, no electricity for four days out of the last six is taking things a bit far, especially as it means no heating, no hot water, no hot food ... Also, three lots of puddles on floors, lost a chimney pot, garden shed leaning at a drunken, seasick-making...
January 15th 15 09:08 PM
by Java Jive[_2_] Go to last post
6 173
radio waves make you ill? by Bill Wright[_2_]
If you are affected by radio waves getting into your brain, making you irrational and eccentric and causing you to believe all sorts of wacky things, the answer can be found in your own kitchen. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/IMG_20150112_190433.jpg Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 14th 15 08:59 PM
by Vir Campestris Go to last post
16 317
screenshot by Bill Wright[_2_]
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/hebdo.jpg To think they have all been to university. Bill
January 14th 15 12:14 PM
by Max Demian Go to last post
6 203
The Dublex and the Antex by Bill Wright[_2_]
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1vz5zzurxt1a9ih/AAB-MVVN4DLQxppDHbWKb_aXa?dl=0 Comments and further information very welcome. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 13th 15 04:38 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
21 418
The Sky At Night - bad news by CD
I was hoping that she was on a 1 year contract & would be gone this month, but she's back tonight. The new producers have really trashed the show IMO, all the regulars have gone apart from Pete Lawrence who is relegated to a cameo. Him & Lintott should bail out & produce their own show & stick it on Youtube, with the old regulars of course. CD
January 13th 15 03:35 PM
by Max Demian Go to last post
4 169
BT box oddity by Bill Wright[_2_]
Fault was that the BT box had pixellation on some channels, and the TV set connected on loopthrough was the same. The TV set was a Sony with a diagnostics page and this showed s/n ratio fluctuating from 40dB down to 12dB. With the BT box out of circuit the Sony was fine. Aerial signals from Belmont were good and healthy. Another BT box arrived and was just the same. A third box ditto. The BT...
January 13th 15 01:39 PM
by Richard Tobin Go to last post
5 184
Rhombics for uhf? by Brian Gaff[_2_]
I did test this idea some years ago, and they seem to work very well though even at these frequencies they can be quite big. They have always fascinated me because of thier directionality when they have a terminating resistor at the other end to the feed point, and I never did quite understand why half the signal did not vanish into the load it obviously was. Brian -- From the Sofa of...
January 13th 15 01:15 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
8 204
TBM UK by Brian Gaff[_2_]
What dross is this now? Got the indication, found new channel(s) yesterday. My God, literally. Wholesome, its described as, American Holy Crap is what it actually is. I'm beginning to feel we need to protect ourselves from crappy US shows a lot more. I found God today, and let me tell you about it. Very careless to have people dropping god about the place for people to fall over I say. ...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 12th 15 03:58 PM
by Ian Go to last post
10 300
Interesting fact by Woody[_5_]
Just had to reload everything following a AV problem. Did you know that this NG has had 249844 messages since 2005? Are we prolific or what? --
January 12th 15 09:48 AM
by Chris J Dixon Go to last post
8 195
Anonymous by Davey
I have seen nothing on this on BBC, nor any other TV news medium: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/11335676/Hacktivists-Anonymous-says-it-will-avenge-Charlie-Hebdo-attacks-by-shutting-down-jihadist-websites.html -- Davey.
January 11th 15 07:25 PM
by Davey Go to last post
3 159
Cry for help by Woody[_5_]
If any of the regulars out there - Bill W, Tony S, Mark C, or Brian G - are seeing this message could you send me a mail to the address below to say you can see it. I have had major system problems thanks to so-called Internet Security and I'm not sure if my news feed is dead or if there is some other problem. TIA --
January 11th 15 06:33 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
3 195
Historical question by Richard Tobin
Were the old H-shaped VHF television aerials the same everywhere, or different sizes for different regions? -- Richard
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 9th 15 04:06 PM
by Ian Jackson[_2_] Go to last post
60 966
New Freeview Channels. by David[_9_]
Been aware of TBNuk on Freeview 65 and now being made aware of DayStar on Freeview 73 but not all TV sets/boxes getting the later is it broadcasting to different specs. that limit reception? Which channel is it on from Emley Moor if anyone knows? Regards David
January 9th 15 11:59 AM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
5 625
Post New Thread