Post New Thread
The wit and wisdom of Ben, 5 by Brian Gaff[_2_]
I wonder what he was basing his appraisal on though?. One assumes its a visual sign of some kind. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active "Bill Wright" wrote in message ... Ben: You don't go to work now do you, Grandad? Me: No.
February 11th 15 02:14 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
1 191
spotted in a flat by Bill Wright[_2_]
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/20150203_142623.jpg Bill
February 10th 15 11:01 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
6 252
More cable nonsense by Richard Tobin
http://www.audiovisualonline.co.uk/product/8041/audioquest-diamond-rj-e-ethernet-cable-12m From a Register article: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/02/09/perfect_your_mp3_listening_pleasure_with_this_bonkers_ethernet_cable/ -- Richard
February 10th 15 09:12 PM
by Peter Duncanson Go to last post
9 266
Just seen on subtitles for the deaf by [email protected]
On Mon, 09 Feb 2015 19:11:04 +0000, Bill Wright wrote: "...at a pressure of £40,000 per square inch." Tony Blair's wallet ?
February 10th 15 12:32 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
1 153
Anyone know if BBC iPlayer is using HTML5 yet by Phi
........it is time to get rid of Flash_Player. http://www.zdnet.com/article/how-to-get-rid-of-adobe-flash-and-its-endless-security-holes/
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 10th 15 09:34 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
13 1,001
HDR 1010 missing recordings by tim.....
I've just bought an Humax HDR 1010 which I am using to record "complete series" (using series link) from the rerun channels accordingly I don't inspect it on a day to day basis to check what it has recorded three times now it has failed to record a day's programming of a specific program and then doesn't update to point to the next day's either. It just sits there telling me that the next...
February 10th 15 07:28 AM
by PeeGee Go to last post
3 289
Why no OTA recording and internet use possible? by Jeff Layman[_2_]
I have a Panasonic PVR DMR-HWT130. It will record two Freeview channels without problem, but will not allow internet (network) usage such as BBC iPlayer if recording even just one channel OTA. Do other Freeview PVRs have the same restriction? If so, why? Is it a limitation of processor power or limited memory availability? -- Jeff
February 8th 15 08:11 PM
by Yellow[_2_] Go to last post
9 274
two way splitter ... by marc
Question: If one uses a two way splitter with 1 parabola head, can two tuners play and receive all stations? (eg 1 records, one plays). I have a tv with sat tuner, and a box with viaccess card ... http://www.amazon.com/RCA-DH24SPF-Two-Bi-Di-Splitter/dp/B0018BQR84/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1423349449&sr=8-1&keywords=two+way+splitter
February 7th 15 10:52 PM
by David Woolley[_2_] Go to last post
1 193
Language of station names by tedjrr[_4_]
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure that the railways had a UIC based agreement that stations would be referred to in their local form to avoid confusion. Thus Aachen is Aachen on SNCF, and not Aix-la-Chapelle, Milan is Milano, etc. But yesterday the train that I was waiting for was posted as Luik via Hoei and Namen. It took a while to realise that Namen was Namur and the the other two...
February 7th 15 08:02 PM
by Terry Casey[_2_] Go to last post
8 387
Laser-like beam? RF experts required by Steve Thackery[_2_]
I've just found this, which looks interesting: http://adrokgroup.com/ In particular see the Technology and Services page. Apparently it's a ground penetrating radar which can "see" up to 4km into the ground. It can also identify the various materials through which the beam travels, providing what they call "virtual borehole" technology
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 7th 15 04:47 PM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
46 2,532
Lenovo Yoga by Phi
I have just bought a Lenovo Yoga and I am having trouble with downloading Firefox, it keeps wanting me to sign up to Google.........that I will not do. Does anyone know if Google now dominates the Android unverse. If so, then I send the kit back to Amazon and get a Windows device.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 7th 15 08:52 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
20 440
OT. Collecting Ebay items at local Argos. by David[_9_]
I see on Ebay several items that are being sold by various sellers a delivery option is to collect at your local Argos. Anyone know what this is all about? Are these sellers in some way connected with Argos or are Argos getting into the courier business? The delivery option does not appeal to me as it is no quicker than being delivered to my home as same estimated date is given, I can see...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 7th 15 07:37 AM
by alan_m Go to last post
13 428
Goodman LD3266D TV retunes but won't remember. by MCC[_3_]
Has anyone an answer to this problem, please? I have a Goodman LD3266D Freeview TV which will not retain channel information. This started happening when Freeview introduced additional channels such as Drama on Channel 20 and moved Yesterday to 19 and Dave to 12. When I switch the TV on Drama isn't available and Yesterday is on 12 as it used to be. I can retune the set and everything is fine...
February 6th 15 11:43 PM
by terrior2 Go to last post
6 1,319
Classic FM arrives by UnsteadyKen[_4_]
Classic FM popped up in the Freeview channel list this morning, from Sandy Heath in the Com5 mux, UHF channel 52 with an LCN of 731 About time. http://www.a516digital.com/2015/02/global-adds-classic-fm-and-lbc- on.html -- Ken O'Meara
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 6th 15 06:12 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
40 1,024
Churchill funeral by Bill Wright[_2_]
Here's a snippet from Another Place: I’ve just finished watching Winston Churchill’s funeral (as shown on BBC Parliament yesterday), and a few thoughts spring to mind… – Bearing in mind the technology (or lack of) the BBC had back then, they did a fantastic job of covering the occasion. – Richard Dimbleby was a master of his craft, particularly when he had nothing to say because he would...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 5th 15 09:30 PM
by Graham.[_5_] Go to last post
54 1,034
"Book Me" +green dot. by David[_9_]
At 12:59 today Freeview 101 BBC1 HD from Emley Moor during promos before 1pm news at the top right hand corner of screen "Book Me" followed by a Green Dot appeared for a minute. What is this message please? I got it at the same time yesterday and it stayed on until I disconnected the mains for a few minutes, nothing else I tried would get rid of it.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 5th 15 11:57 AM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
53 25,716
Need a new smart TV by Jim
Variation on an earlier thread. The gf is in the market for a new 32" "smart" TV. I've narrowed it down to Sony, Panasonic, Samsung. Cost is not the biggest concern, but should be reasonale value. Any comments on the following please: 1. Smarts:
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 5th 15 09:42 AM
by Davey Go to last post
22 492
To whom should I complain? by Bill Wright[_2_]
I'm sick of Radio Humberside leaving the traffic flag on (if that is the correct terminology) for two minutes after the end of the traffic news. This has been going on for years. To whom should I complain? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 4th 15 07:18 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
32 583
Bush Freesat HD and iPlayer by David[_13_]
Just tried to use iPlayer on the Bush Freesat HD and it won't work. Looking back there seem to have been significant changes a while back, which presumably Bush aren't coding new software to match. Recommendations for a Freesat HD box (presumably they all now offer recording to an external USB device - presumably also you would need two tuners if you wanted to watch and record at the same...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 4th 15 04:42 PM
by Jim Lesurf[_2_] Go to last post
11 1,074
I must be the only reader left for WotSat magazine....... by Stephen[_6_]
Given that no one has commented on the latest changes to WotSat Mag in this venerable newsgroup It used to be packed with adverts, articles by Geoff Bains, Barry Fox, Peter Wright, channel reception listings etc.... I got a letter through the post saying that WotSat was changing, and as "compensation" for the changes, I would get a copy of Home Cinema Choice for the remainder of the yearly...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 2nd 15 09:19 PM
by flatroofer Go to last post
12 2,156