Post New Thread
TV aerial signal strength meter for freeview by garbageguy
I know there is a built in meter on most box's, but it would be easier if i could hook up a small length of coax to my aeriel and see if its pointed in the right direction, just like they do when installing Sky. Is there a cheap meter that will do this, from say Maplin? I live in Cleveleys, Lancs and am tuned into Winter hill, I went on the roof and replaced my existing aeriel with a digital...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 16th 06 06:32 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
11 2,004
Live World cup football online by madge
http://ascii-wm.net/ Oh isn't the web wonderful.
June 16th 06 05:00 PM
by ChrisM Go to last post
1 159
Switching to Freesat by Adds
After realising that I don't watch much more than the free channels on my Sky subscription, I'm considering cancelling my subscription, saving myself 20/month, and moving to either Freeview or Freesat. If I cancel my subscription, will I need to buy one of those Freesat cards, or will I be able to pick up Freesat using the card which is currently plugged into my Sky STB? If I need to get a...
June 16th 06 11:57 AM
by Adrian A Go to last post
8 228
BSkyB in talks to bring Sky Sports to Top-Up TV by [email protected]
http://news.independent.co.uk/business/news/article723834.ece http://media.guardian.co.uk/broadcast/story/0,,1793046,00.html Here's hoping this will silence the TUTV doomsayers once and for all.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 15th 06 11:33 PM
by Charlie Pearce Go to last post
11 2,938
Aerial Splitting Theory by Geoff Lane
I am attempting to understand some theory here. If a TV aerial uses a passive splitter to allow two feeds but only one television is ever used does the TV effectively get the full aerial strength (Forgetting about losses due to cable length or the splitter). Following on from that if two TVs are then used is the signal equally split between the two outlets.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 15th 06 11:31 PM
by Bazzer Smith Go to last post
30 976
Freeview aerial by Chris Bacon
Dave wrote: Just had my first try at setting up a digital Freeview box from an aerial. We have a very old (20 years+) aerial in the loft so I just plugged that in the hope it might work - and it (almost) did!. The FV box found 800+ stations (I actually only want a few - the BBC/ITV group and History Channel (Fred is still going strong there I see!). Problem is I cannot get the ITV group...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 15th 06 10:23 PM
by tony sayer Go to last post
32 795
Look at the obvious first.. by M. J. Powell
My TV suddenly lost sync from the Pace Twin box. Pictures swirling around the screen. Tried all combinations of buttons. Found SCART plug about 1/8 th inch withdrawn from socket. Reseated = OK. Mike -- M.J.Powell
June 15th 06 09:44 PM
by technologist Go to last post
2 147
Miller Brothers by David
It is in tonights 'paper that Empire Ditect have bought 6 of the Miller Brothes stores. -- Regards David Please reply to News Group
June 15th 06 09:00 PM
by Paul Heslop Go to last post
4 247
Turn PC into freeview PVR by Chunky
Hi, Would like to turn an old PC into a multi tuner PVR based on freeview and analogue and I am interested in using in using Windows MCE. Have a few questions. Would like to use at least 2 digital tuners (i.e. watch one record another) - Is there a dual tuner PCI card available which is MCE compatible? - Can I just use multiple USB tuners?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 15th 06 11:46 AM
by John Bailey Go to last post
15 612
Anyone Using Telewest TV-Drive? Opinions? by Tricky Dicky
I am aware that their HD is not the latest spec (mpeg2 rather than mpeg4) but how are people getting on with it? I am looking to get rid of boxes and could use this to get rid of both my decoder box and VCR Any thoughts or comments? Tricky
June 15th 06 10:51 AM
by Gordon Dack Go to last post
8 239
New Sky+ box wanted by Peter
Can anyone point me toewards a (legitimate) source for a new Sky+ box? Don't really want to buy from Sky direct. I already have a 4 way LNB - for a mirror subscription. -- Peter please remove the invalid to reply
June 15th 06 08:41 AM
by Paul Brenchley Go to last post
2 204
freeview and HD.. by donkeyHoetee
Two questions.. 1. Do you really need a special terestrial arial to receive freeview, or can I get by with my normal analog tv aerial which im using to receive freeview? 2. Is the BBC actually broadcasting HD freeview? or is my father-in-law talking nonsense? TIA.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 15th 06 02:12 AM
by John Porcella Go to last post
12 335
Freeview box for tv without scart by [email protected]
I am looking for a set top box for the portable tv in the kitchen that does not have a scart socket, just has an aerial socket. I know most stb's have an rf out socket but this does not output the digital channels just the analogue channels. I know the old "on digital" boxes did as I borrowed one years ago but does anbody know of a company that makes one now? Regards Trev
June 15th 06 02:02 AM
by John Porcella Go to last post
7 242
World Cup not in stereo by Agamemnon
WHY ?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 14th 06 10:05 PM
by Bazzer Smith Go to last post
17 392
Mobile eSurvey, Raffle for 20 Pound Gift Voucher by David Sobel
I posted a few days ago about mobile TV and phones and am happy to let you know that the online survey is ready! For anyone who has 5 minutes to spare, it'd be really helpful if you could fill out the survey. All respones are anonymous and confidential, and after completing the survey, you can enter in your email to join the raffle for a 20 pound amazon.co.uk voucher. You can access the survey...
June 14th 06 06:11 PM
by David Sobel Go to last post
0 156
Bleb? by Captain Nemo
I see www.bleb.org has disappeared again. The server still seems to be up and running, because you can ping it. However, it's dead as far as http access is concerned. Anyone got any info on this? Thanks.
June 14th 06 09:36 AM
by Andrew Flegg Go to last post
4 306
recording freeview by lap
Hi I bought two freeview boxes cause I thought the first one was faulty but I got the same problem to record with both. So I think there is rather a problem in the way I try to record. I set up one freeview box at a time with either a VCR or a DVD recorder very easily as per instructions found in the box but I can't select the digital channel coming from the freeview box onto my VCR or...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 14th 06 09:30 AM
by Max Demian Go to last post
20 577
Are the BBC's master tapes demagnetising ? by Agamemnon
I just caught the end of Allo, Allo on BBC2 and the picture quality was utterly abysmal. The colours were bleeding everywhere, the picture was grainy and sepiant and PAL artefacts were all over the place. Allo, Allo was never this bad when I first saw it so what is going on. Are the BBC's master tapes demagnetising ?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 13th 06 08:01 PM
by John Patrick Go to last post
43 1,345
Freeview interference, chanel 23 490mhz? by pickle
Hi all, here's one for the techies among you: I just moved house to discover a very specific kind of interference locally affecting my Freeview service, my local transmitter is waltham and I am about 3 miles away so normally I get 100% levels and quality accross all channels, 1. all TV channels on the Freeview mux with itv1,2,3 and C4, E4 etc (chanel 23, 490mhz) get blasted by regular bursts of...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 13th 06 02:17 PM
by Tim Hall Go to last post
12 739
Set top boxes and digital noise... why? Grrrrr... by h
If my STB's reception drops a bit (say a butterfly flies past the house) and it loses the audio from the channel I'm watching, why in hell does it have to make that bloody loud crackling "I can't decode this, do you want a go, human?" noise? Can't believe it's not something the STB could mute out - they have some sort of error correction don't they? If the audio isn't reconstructable why...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 13th 06 01:05 PM
by h Go to last post
10 408