Post New Thread
Watching Youtube using VLC by NY
In the latest (15-28 April 2015) edition of Computer Active magazine there is an article (page 52) that refers to being able to watch Youtube videos in VideoLan VLC. It says (I'm paraphrasing) 1. Copy the URL from Youtube to the clipboard 2. Open VLC 3. Media | Open Network Stream 4. Paste URL into "PLease enter a network URL" field
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 21st 15 12:44 PM
by NY Go to last post
14 766
What to do with cracked LED screen? by Jaffna Dog
My father-in-law bought a 42-inch 'LG' LED TV, to take to the family in Sri Lanka, carrying it as checked hold baggage, and then across the country in the luggage compartment of a coach. Unsurprisingly, when they unpacked it, from improvised packaging, apparently keeping it in the original box would mean having to pay import duty, the screen had several cracks in it, and it did not produce a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 21st 15 12:14 PM
by Norman Wells[_6_] Go to last post
25 633
Subtitle woes by Davey
Suddenly, the BBC seems to be having a repetitive problem with its subtitles, in that they stop for several seconds, while the conversation continues onscreen, and then suddenly all the missing words suddenly scream through at once, so that the whole lot is missed completely. This happened at least three times during the forty minute programme of Graham Norton, and it happened during the Formula...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 20th 15 09:30 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
14 391
mux 8 by Bill Wright[_2_]
Mux 8 has appeared on ch34 from Emley. Blank carrier. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 20th 15 11:16 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
44 962
Singing aerials by Brian Gaff[_2_]
What is the best way to stop aerials from singing in winds from certain directions. OK blocking up the ends of masts can be one way to sort some of the noised, but I can hear one from across the road so goodness knows what it must sound like inside thehouse. I remember when I had my rotator on the roof how it sounded inside, so... My feeling is that most modern aerials are of flimsy...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 20th 15 09:50 AM
by NY Go to last post
17 334
Home made Tri Boom Yagi by Mark Carver
Spotted today https://www.dropbox.com/s/6aogrh2e2a2tstx/tri-boom-yagi.JPG?dl=0 -- Mark Please replace invalid and invalid with gmx and net to reply.
April 20th 15 01:38 AM
by Graham.[_5_] Go to last post
1 245
Realism? Ha! by Bill Wright[_2_]
The realism of tonight's Wallace and Grommett was ruined for me by the slightly inaccurate depiction of the TV aerials in the distance, in one brief scene near the end. The magic evaporated in that instant. I don't pay my TV licence in order to see such sloppiness. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 19th 15 02:38 PM
by Ian Go to last post
47 757
PVR with DVD and VCR by David[_12_]
Is there still such a beast still being made. David --- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ---
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 18th 15 06:47 PM
by alan_m Go to last post
10 451
Spike by Woody[_5_]
Has anyone looked at it yet. Its content is bad enough but what prat came up with that ridiculously large DOG and in the top right corner as well? -- Woody harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 17th 15 06:32 PM
by Woody[_5_] Go to last post
20 519
Digital streaming, politicians. etc. by David[_13_]
I have this hazy memory of, I think, Cameron pontificating about the wonders of next generation networks. Gigiabit per second or more, and you can download a complete film in virtually no time at all. Which is a load of low hanging hairy stuff at the moment. What brought this on is my decision to download the latest Formula 1 episodes from the BBC on iPlayer.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 17th 15 09:01 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
15 544
Not sure if BBC iPlayer likes Spartan by Phi
I notice a delay in web page delivery and one click for channels does not work, sometimes 2 or 3 clicks is required to get channels to show.
April 16th 15 11:05 PM
by Johnny B Good[_2_] Go to last post
7 323
Lost subtitles by Davey
I turned on 'Hardtalk' on BBC1 early this morning, and turned off the sound so as not to disturb the wife. The subtitles started, and then after a couple of minutes, just stopped. Once it was clear that they were not coming back, I switched to BBC News on Ch. 130, which shares the same programming at night, and there they were, just as they should have been on BBC1. How does this happen, the same...
April 15th 15 09:23 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
4 298
?Viva by Woody[_5_]
"Hugh Newbury" wrote in message ... Viva Freeview Channel 21 "Starts broadcasting at 9am". It's now 11.20am. What sort of channel can this be? On another planet? Viva has been ditched on Freeview as of today. 5USA is moving from 31 to 21, and 31 will carry the new station Spike.
April 15th 15 12:47 PM
by brightside S9 Go to last post
1 171
?Viva by tim.....
"Hugh Newbury" wrote in message ... Viva Freeview Channel 21 "Starts broadcasting at 9am". It's now 11.20am. What sort of channel can this be? On another planet? Not sure what you are asking, but in the new scheme, VIVA has just 2 hours of broadcasting from 9-11am, What the flip use that is to anybody, I have no idea
April 15th 15 12:09 PM
by Davey Go to last post
1 321
Any changes to broadcasting being promised? by David[_9_]
Thinking from the Freeview numbering post, Freesat mentioned too, are any of the politicians saying anything about the future of broadcasting in their offer of plans for the next five years? Regards David PS Lets keep to subject of Ratio and TV broadcasting please.
April 15th 15 08:56 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
5 248
Audio Factory info by Jim Lesurf[_2_]
Those who use the BBC Radio iPlayer may find a new page at http://www.audiomisc.co.uk/BBC/AudioFactory/AudioFactory.html of interest. It is the result of recent discussions with some people at the BBC and sheds some light on the current developments. Note that things are still evolving and there are some outstanding areas that need clarification. I'll update the page when things change or some...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 12th 15 10:15 AM
by Jim Lesurf[_2_] Go to last post
14 493
Tuner in PC - follow up by David[_13_]
I've just ploughed through the original post again (but got lost in the C/C ++ programming bits) and still have questions: some of the reviews talk about (especially in Linux) having to delete all other DVB drivers/software to get a card to work. This makes me wonder if there are issues running two different cards in the same box. Has anyone encountered problems in this area? For DVB/S2 I...
April 11th 15 03:45 PM
by Indy Jess John Go to last post
8 337
Victoria Derbyshire by Hugh Newbury
Yet another BBC mess-up. Why does she have to appear on BBC2 for 1hr45mins and also at the same time on BBC News? I'm an avid news listener/looker (dates from the war!) and miss the "Breaking ...". What rubbish they are. Hugh --
April 10th 15 11:36 AM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
4 340
Media Player that can play Windows Media Player WTV format by Mortimer
I record broadcast TV using Windows Media Player to WTV format - this preserves the subtitles and the metadata such as programme and episode titles and synopsis. I store it to a folder on my PC that is shared so it is accessible to other PCs or anything that can access a Windows network share. I'm looking for a Media Player that can access this shared drive and can play the WTV files from...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 10th 15 11:06 AM
by Phi Go to last post
10 1,039