Post New Thread
Channel 4 delay by Scott[_2_]
I was watching Channel 4 News tonight. One TV (SD) in the kitchen and one HD in the lounge. I was surprised that the SD version lagged about 2 seconds behind, as I always assumed HD would take longer to encode and decode. Any theories on this one? Scott
December 10th 14 07:36 AM
by Brian Gaff[_2_] Go to last post
3 176
Spot the new aerial by Bill Wright[_2_]
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/IMG_20141205_113153.jpg Bill
December 10th 14 05:20 AM
by Woody[_5_] Go to last post
5 219
Archive copies of BBC radio broadcasts? by larkim
The day after Liverpool FC's win in Istanbul Radio Five Live broadcast some reactions from the fans. One piece has stuck in my mind forever since, and I'd dearly like to get hold of a copy of the audio. Any suggestions where I might be able to track down a copy? It was 26th May 2005, the Radio Five breakfast programme with Nicky Campbell.
December 9th 14 10:58 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
4 239
Royal Variety Performance by David[_9_]
I hate those long shots from the back of the theatre and performer suddenly becomes about one inch high. How you finding the sound, something amiss for me. Regards David
December 9th 14 07:51 PM
by David[_9_] Go to last post
6 207
Geminids. by Graham.[_5_]
I just had a close encounter with a meteor. The brightest one I have ever seen. More or less overhead pass in North Manchester heading NW It even had to compete with the LED floodlight on the house opposite shining in my eyes. --
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 9th 14 08:59 AM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
17 271
local tv. by Brian Gaff[_2_]
So here on the outskirts of London within sight of Crystal Palace, would there be any proposed local stations we might be able to pick up given the right aerial pointed in the right direction. It might give me a push to get another rotator. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 6th 14 11:39 AM
by alan_m Go to last post
41 584
terminology and common usage by Bill Wright[_2_]
Related to the discussion elsewhere about gigabites and fairycycles, I overheard a young woman talking to the Morrisons till operator. She wanted to know how she could add points to her card (I'm vague about these promotional things) and said, "So I can do it? I just go on?" Clearly she meant 'on line' or 'on the computer'. To her it was superfluous to say any more than 'go on'. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 6th 14 10:40 AM
by James Heaton Go to last post
94 1,172
Goodbye 700MHz (aka UHF Ch 48-60) by Mark Carver
http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/consultations/700MHz/statement/?utm_source=updates&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=700-mhz-statement -- Mark Please replace invalid and invalid with gmx and net to reply.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 5th 14 06:30 PM
by tim..... Go to last post
176 2,419
Retro hardware? by Brian Gaff[_2_]
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/sinclair-zx-spectrum-vega Hmm, well I thought emulation was the way everyone had gone with this. Mucho games on line and so why hardware, Charity, maybe but will people want to pay for it? Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
December 4th 14 10:17 PM
by charles Go to last post
5 180
This must be a worry for some. by David[_9_]
http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/11616065.Russian_hackers_spy_inside_Bradford_and_Keighley_properties_and_broadcast_CCTV_live_on_internet/ Is it Skype they breaking into? I have CCTV camera outside connected by wireless to a monitor it's not that sort is it? Regards David
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 3rd 14 10:33 PM
by Mike[_19_] Go to last post
17 366
Humax HD Fox T2 and Iplayer by John Silver[_3_]
I dare say this has been covered elsewhere that I can't find. I have not used the STB for Iplayer for some time. The screen has changed into two sections Apps and My Apps. iPlayer gives a message that I need to register online with Humax to now get it but Youview etc are still available. Has iPlayer been taken from other sources as well as my Panasonic DMP BDT110 Blu ray player now is only...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 3rd 14 06:45 PM
by John Silver[_3_] Go to last post
13 493
laughter. by Brian Gaff
You know, when is the 1 show done. is it actually live or recorded. The laughter when I listen froma distance as I am now sounds a bit suspect in places, as if its been augmented by some extra mixed in canned stuff. Brian -- Brian Gaff....Note, this account does not accept Bcc: email. graphics are great, but the blind can't hear them Email:...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 3rd 14 06:22 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
17 313
Black friday` by Brian Gaff[_2_]
So I'm sure a lot of people now own new tvs, probably all out of date models with issues that nobody has been able to get shot of all year.Stand by for the complaints. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 3rd 14 02:58 PM
by furnessvale[_2_] Go to last post
35 838
Top Tips: how to please the doctor by Bill Wright[_2_]
A few weeks before your annual review, start to drink more, then cut back to normal a few days before your appointment. Then when he asks you can say, "I've cut back just lately doctor." Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 1st 14 07:10 PM
by tony sayer Go to last post
20 321
Internet over CATV network by Nick Le Lievre
Anyone here know anything about this? I have had a fibre cable brought into my flat and have a Zhone GPON fibre Router with an SC/UPC connector for the WAN connection. I believe it's transmitted over a CATV network but I don't really understand much about it. Can anyone explain in laymans terms?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 30th 14 11:04 PM
by Graham.[_5_] Go to last post
47 535
That's Solent by Jeff Layman[_2_]
Local TV starts tonight at 8.15. I can't wait, and I bet Mark can't too! I'd have thought they could find a better static picture today prior to starting broadcasting than a seafront somewhere with the most prominent establishment being a slot-machine arcade! -- Jeff
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 30th 14 06:58 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
17 619
More spectrum to be used for 4G by tim.....
"Scott" wrote in message ... Found this by chance: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-30117891 Does anyone know which TV channels are affected and what the implications will be? No TV channels will be affected (assuming you are using channels to refer to: BBC ITV, etc).
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 26th 14 10:10 PM
by Brian Gregory Go to last post
43 568
HD Hotpoint Oven? by Brian Gaff[_2_]
A couple of nights ago one shop with a sale on claimed it had a hotpoint High Definition Fan Oven on special offer. Try as i might I cannot come up with a plausible reason for using the term for an oven fan assisted or not! Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 26th 14 09:03 AM
by brightside S9 Go to last post
19 323
Samsung TV menu system by Woody[_5_]
My wife's aunt (70 miles away from us) has a 28" Samsung non-HD LED TV and on the Com5 channels it is saying to check your aerial due to weak signal. When I was there last week it was showing 91% signal strength and 100% signal quality (yes, I know they have no absolute meaning but they are at least an indication.) Does anyone know where in the hierarcy of the menu system the signal...
November 26th 14 06:03 AM
by Woody[_5_] Go to last post
5 224
Freeview garbling syndrome. by Brian Gaff[_2_]
Last night on several stations I noted a kind of garbled speech from the program content. It was as if the soundhad later bits joined before earlier bits. I don't think the box could manage this feat, so suspect that its the audio on the stream that is like it. Remined me of whenphones are about to lose lock, but much more annoying. CBS Action was one of them, and one of the ITV clones,...
November 25th 14 03:30 PM
by Brian Gaff[_2_] Go to last post
0 121
Post New Thread