Post New Thread
Can never remember. by Brian Gaff[_2_]
The new channel for news since it moved. Does anyone else find it completely unmemorisable as well. Also why is there a red button as the only channel in the 600 range? Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 6th 15 09:53 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
11 255
STV Edinburgh by Richard Tobin
I see that the local station STV Edinburgh is now broadcasting a loop on Freeview 23 advertising that it will start next week. It's on channel 30 from Craigkelly. I was somewhat surprised to get a perfect signal with a wideband aerial pointing at Black Hill, about 90 degrees away. -- Richard
6 335
TOT2: modern education, cultural differences, and Goethe by Bill Wright[_2_]
1. This evening I was asked to help a secondary school pupil with his homework. The child had consulted various sources and had produced a reasonable bit of work. The only thing was, the standard of English was uneven. I pointed out the worst bits and he was able to think of improvements. But when we got further into the work I came across a sentence that was so bad the only option was to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 6th 15 07:50 AM
by Chris J Dixon Go to last post
27 377
snipping ts files neatly by Jim Lesurf[_2_]
I'd be interested in info on simple programs to let me 'snip' a long ts file into shorter segments at playback times that suit me. I'm aware that the ts file is packeted, and have in the past experimented simply with using dd to snip oup sections to new files that respect the packet boundaries. However its clear that I also need to respect the locations of some of the metadata packets that...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 5th 15 02:00 PM
by Jim Lesurf[_2_] Go to last post
36 685
Fwd: OT help my computer is full by Gary[_4_]
-------- Original Message -------- Subject: OT help my computer is full Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2015 13:38:27 +0000 From: Gary Reply-To: Organisation: Gary To: Johny B Good
January 5th 15 12:53 PM
by Jim Lesurf[_2_] Go to last post
3 171
Satellite sockets that aren't F-plug sockets by [email protected]
Just come back from trying to fit a satellite dish to my parent's new house, which was fitted with TV cables and sockets by the sparkies but no dish. Didn't install the dish, by the way, but that's another story. What surprised me was that where I expected to see sockets for F-plugs in the wall, with their sticking out screw barrel, the sockets were flush like a Belling-Lee (which they...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 5th 15 12:50 PM
by george Go to last post
39 447
latency by Bill Wright[_2_]
On Sky News there was a bloke in the studio talking to camera. The newsroom (?) was behind him, and over his shoulder we could see a monitor showing him. The delay was very long, 15 seconds at least. Bill
January 5th 15 08:47 AM
by Brian Gaff[_2_] Go to last post
1 124
News.individual.net, bad news if you're not german by Fredxxx
On 02/01/2015 22:44, Charles Ellson wrote: On Sat, 3 Jan 2015 09:07:59 +1100, "Rod Speed" wrote: "Charles Ellson" wrote in message ... On Fri, 02 Jan 2015 08:13:34 +0000, Optimist wrote:
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 4th 15 12:31 PM
by Tim Streater[_2_] Go to last post
31 414
And now in International News, an important product recall. by Brian Gaff[_2_]
Erm, is this really true, or do they have their April fools day in Japan on 23rd December? 23 Dec 2014 at 07:01, Kat Hall Solar-powered bra manufacturer Triumph International has been forced to recall 20,000 solar-powered brassieres. The Japanese lingerie maker is best known for its bra that allows the wearer to become her own source of renewable energy via a detachable solar panel -...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 2nd 15 06:52 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
29 372
Queen plus Adam Lambert - BBC1 by Dickie mint[_2_]
Is it me, or my sound box? Or them? The sound mix just doesn't sound right. Sounds like it's only the audience mic picking up Adam's voice. Richard
January 2nd 15 03:02 PM
by Yellow[_2_] Go to last post
6 283
BBC 1 Scotland Hogmanay programme available UK-wide on red button by Ian Jackson[_2_]
As subject. I wonder how many Freeview viewers knew that they could have been watching the North Britain version of seeing-in of the New Year (albeit extremely sanitised), instead of the new-fangled rock festival London version? -- Ian
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
23 445
OT magnetron service life by Johny B Good[_2_]
We recently purchased a new microwave oven from Sainsburys to replace our 20 years plus old Toshiba ER-7700E which had developed an intermittent display fault (requiring a slap on its side to resurrect the display, implying a bad connector contact or dry joint). Out of curiousity, I'd already googled for info on the durability of microwave ovens and noted an oft quoted figure of 2,000 hours for...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 2nd 15 01:25 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
37 666
Freeview BBC 1 HD Dolby sound glitches by David[_9_]
On my new Samsung UE55HU7500 TV I'm using Freeview and only on BBC1 HD when in Dolby I'm getting the occasional sound glitch, never got it with my previous Panasonic Freesat TV. Anyone else have this problem or is it my set up? Regards David
January 1st 15 09:39 PM
by David[_9_] Go to last post
0 227
EU Directive on TV ECO mode? by Dickie mint[_2_]
In a forum for the over 50's this was posted today: "Yes another EU directive for new tv,s is they must have an ECO setting this is normally turned on by default to reduce power consumption but if you want the best picture quality then you must turn it off. If you have purchased a new tv in the last couple of years and have not turned it off then do so" Can't immediately find a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 1st 15 07:26 PM
by Mike[_19_] Go to last post
47 808
Finding odd channels by Brian Gaff[_2_]
on Freeview above the 800 area so to speak. I seem to have varying numbers of these which usually claim to be the same names as existing ones, apart foom test but none of them have any content, yet are found on a retune. Are they getting lax or is this justanother weirdness of my older box I wonder. Also, sometimes the main tuning misses whole multiplexes altogether as if they were...
6 280
oh err me picture's gone off by Bill Wright[_2_]
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/dish%2C%20etc%2001.jpg https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/dish%2C%20etc%2002.jpg Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 31st 14 04:09 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
15 310
Why can't the BBC news be like this? by NY
wrote in message ... http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=31a_1419614580 LOL. I thought the sniper and tank graphics were aimed at the newsreader until I saw where their explosions landed.
December 30th 14 10:40 PM
by Johny B Good[_2_] Go to last post
1 136
Normal HD TV set or 3D or even 4K? by David[_9_]
When purchasing a new TV maybe today my questions to those of you that have 3D and/or 4K sets are. When watching normal HD and SD TV do either produce better picture results? When looking at Samsung which have satellite input which I must have I see prices for 46 inch to 55 inch are in the area of £700 to £1100 which to me is little more for 3D and/or 4K over a good brand TV set. Samsung...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 30th 14 07:56 PM
by Graham.[_5_] Go to last post
41 638
News.individual.net, bad news if you're not german by Fredxxx
On 29/12/2014 10:32, Graeme Wall wrote: On 29/12/2014 09:55, Rod Speed wrote: "Graeme Wall" wrote in message ... On 28/12/2014 21:44, Charles Ellson wrote: On Sun, 28 Dec 2014 21:06:58 +0000, Graeme Wall wrote:
December 29th 14 07:40 PM
by Rod Speed Go to last post
3 179
Getting used to my new TV so a satellite question. by David[_9_]
On 28.2/28.5 E are there any 3D or 4K transmissions that are free viewable, not bothered if in English or not, if so can you give me frequency and polarization please? I did read somewhere that Astra do test transmissions. Regards David
December 29th 14 07:32 PM
by Michael Chare[_3_] Go to last post
3 180
Post New Thread