Post New Thread
Does anyone remember...... by [email protected]
Dave Tilley who used to frequent thus ng around 10 years ago and used to publish his home address on his posts which was somewhere in Tiverton, Devon. He also made references to the hemlock society. Anyone know what happened to him? His post could be sarcastic and I imagine that did rub people up the wrong way...... S.
May 7th 15 11:25 AM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
3 299
This smart tv stick for non smart tvs by Brian Gaff[_2_]
I hear it advertised, only 35 quid blah blah, but very little on which sets and actually what it can do. It occurred to me that if it is in effect an internet device, then I wondered if some bright person could putt talking software on a plug in chip for the most common tvs menus? This is what a lot of people need these days I feel. Still soon I suppose we will be all communicating with...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 7th 15 11:17 AM
by Davey Go to last post
30 588
W10: One Drive and Cortana by Geoff Pearson
Is anyone likely to use Cortana - I have voice dialling on my phone but I've never found a use for it, even in the car? Likewise, OneDrive - so you don't have your files on your PC - you just hope they will come back. I have thousands of documents - better on my HDD that of in a cloud.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 5th 15 12:09 PM
by Alan White[_2_] Go to last post
13 1,004
Software glitches? by Brian Gaff[_2_]
I've noticed just recently that users of the old smart talk set top box have been reporting that some stations say no signal please check your Arial. After an unplug and a reconnection of the power supply things return to normal. Has there been any kind of changes in, say, the last month or so to freeview generally that might be confusing boxes. Another strange one is that some stations seem...
May 3rd 15 12:09 PM
by Brian Gaff[_2_] Go to last post
2 343
For Bill the BBC and UKIP by David[_9_]
http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/arrogant-biased-and-bad-value-for-money--its-time-for-a-radical-shakeup-of-the-bbc-10216598.html Regards David
May 2nd 15 09:45 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
4 297
The Avengers by Andy Burns[_9_]
Mark Carver wrote: BBC 2 recently repeated the sit-com, To The Manor Born. One episode was completely removed from the run, because (it is presumed) there was a short sequence shot outside a railway station, and on the wall was a poster of Mr Savile in one of those 'Age of the Train' ads. Various programmes manage to blur out company names on clothing and the contents of TV sets that...
May 1st 15 07:41 PM
by tim..... Go to last post
2 388
Transmission signal by Davey
I'm not sure what it's officially called, but the signal that is sent by the broadcaster to indicate that a programme is being transmitted is really badly served by Drama. Last night, I had the PVR set up to record Inspector Alleyn, and I watched as the opening sequence, the programme title, the listed main actors, and the Episode title were all transmitted before the PVR eventually received the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 1st 15 12:37 AM
by Davey Go to last post
10 335
What is CBS up to. by Brian Gaff[_2_]
I caught the end of a message just after a program on another cbs channel which just said, cbs reality is moving to a new home on ch 135. Not a lot of help as it said nothing about which platform they were talking about. Presumably not Freeview as that is the RT channel. Slapdash and stupid Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
April 30th 15 08:46 AM
by Brian Gaff[_2_] Go to last post
4 323
NEWSFLASH: Two new channels on Mux 8! by Stephen[_6_]
Hi, further to Bill Wrights post informing that Mux 8 had launched from Winter Hill but there were no channels as it was blank carriers..... I can confirm that Mux 8 is now broadcasting two HD channels from some transmitters...... I can recieve Oxford and Sandy Heath here.... No Mux 8 from Oxford yet but there is two new channels on Mux 8 from Sandy Heath all in glorious HD......
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 29th 15 07:12 PM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
14 462
Freesat change? by Richard Tobin
My Panasonic TV has a software update. The description of the update is "Prepare Freesat broadcast change". Does anyone know what this refers to? -- Richard
April 29th 15 11:09 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
5 505
Ummah Channel, sky 820. by David[_9_]
Is this station FTA? If someone can give me frequency etc. I would like to tune it on Others on my Freesat TV for a particular programme. PS Do not worry I'm not joining them :-) just that someone I know, non-muslim of is on. Regards David
April 28th 15 02:55 PM
by David[_9_] Go to last post
2 628
Disposable work gloves by Roger Mills[_2_]
Apologies if I'm suffering from brain fart, but I feel sure that someone in one or other of these NGs recently mentioned having bought some disposable (single use) gloves which were tough enough not to split at the slightest provocation and also textured to provide good grip - but I can't find the relevant post. Can anyone please point me in the right direction? I need some which won't...
April 27th 15 02:19 PM
by Capitol Go to last post
9 352
Yodelling audio? by Brian Gaff[_2_]
I watched, well listened to CSI on ch 5 last night, and several times in it I heard what sounded like a yodelling effect as if the audio was being fed throgh one of those pitch altering boxes, a bit like Brian the robot. Not really an issue, but when it happened I had to restart the audio description as it fell out of synch and started ducking the sound but no talking. Is there more of a...
April 27th 15 09:47 AM
by Indy Jess John Go to last post
5 231
Local DAB vs distant DAB reception..... by [email protected]
Hi, I find if I put up a omnidirectional DAB dipole, I can get 3 local ensembles, Oxford, Northants and HBB on chs 10B, 10C and 10D as well as the national BBC and digital 1 ensembles at 11D and 12B. Unsurprisingly the more distant ensembles do not come in. If I put up a directional high gain DAB yagi aerial pointed towards London, I can get CE digital On 12C, Switch digital on 12A and DRG...
April 25th 15 02:04 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
5 308
Norway switching off FM.....are we next ? by Phi
https://www.regjeringen.no/en/aktuelt/radio-digitisation-in-2017/id2406145/
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 24th 15 10:05 PM
by tony sayer Go to last post
48 802
London Marathon by Brian Gaff[_2_]
Oh deary me, that is on again this Sunday. I wonder if the talkback will be on analogue that I can receive this year. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
April 23rd 15 11:08 PM
by Indy Jess John Go to last post
9 369
computer slow by Mr Pounder
"Woody" wrote in message ... No comment made about temp files and cookies. Download Glary Utils, select one click maintenance, deselect Registry cleaner and Disk repair and run it. You will be amazed what it finds. You could also download Smart Defrag 2 and leave that going overnight. I looked into that. AVG picked up on a...
April 22nd 15 07:53 PM
by Mr Pounder Go to last post
0 184
Imigration of reptiles? by Brian Gaff[_2_]
In our local paper it said that a lizard was found in a local park which came from African deserts. They were at a loss how it got here. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 22nd 15 09:37 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
17 439
Freeview lets move da channels again.. by Brian Gaff[_2_]
So what are they up to this time. 5USA suggests its going to move to ch 21 on Wednesday, while a new channel called Spike or similar (why) is going to start, as if we do not have enough already, and does this mean the demise of Viva at last, which has had identity issues for some time. Is this the brodcasting equivelent of a supermarket moving its stock around or what? Brian --
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 21st 15 07:37 PM
by Johnny B Good[_2_] Go to last post
40 1,045
accent peculiarity by Graham Murray
the dog from that film you saw writes: Can you imagine the outcry there would have been if they had used a white actor made up black? So none of the 'Golden Oldie' stations will be showing episodes of the "Black and White Minstrel Show" then. :)
April 21st 15 01:35 PM
by Graham Murray Go to last post
0 248
Post New Thread