Post New Thread
New Freeview PC Card ? by Kipper
http://www.blackgold.tv/products/digital.htm Anyone have one of these ? Any good ? Keith --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
October 20th 03 08:54 PM
by Edward Go to last post
1 247
BSB by Howie
Hi Just clearing my loft, and came across our old BSB receiver and Squareariel, besides keeping it as an antique, can I put it to any use? Thanks Harry
October 20th 03 10:16 PM
by Howie Go to last post
8 376
Nebula DigiTV missing channels by Steven
Sent this e-mail to Nebula earlier but wondered if anyone else has any suggestions in the meantime? "I appear to have lost a number of channels from my DigiTV and cannot get them back, however hard I try :-( The story goes like this. I'd set DigiTV (3.03) to record a programme on ITV1 last night and when it started recording the screen was blank. I thought this was because it was in silent...
October 20th 03 10:46 PM
by Steven Go to last post
3 249
WinTV Nova-t PCI card woes by Li'l ol' me
Hi, I'm new to this group so I'm sorry if I'm repeating something that's in an FAQ or just comes up EVERY DAY! Anyway, just bought Nova-t PCI card from THAT company (I dare not spell its name!). Couldn't install the latest drivers/software (installation freezes on my XP installation) so I'm slumming it with the ones from the cd (v1.46). To cut to the chase, the software can find several...
October 21st 03 12:08 AM
by Peter G Sheppard Go to last post
7 427
Difference Between RF Plugs by Sebby
I'm going to make myself a bit of cable for use with my Pace DTR210T receiver using FT100 satellite cable. But I'm not sure about which RF plugs to use (I'm sure it probably makes no difference whatsoever). Could someone tell me, though, what the difference between these two products is: http://www.maplin.co.uk/products/module.asp?modulelist=1606,1619. Many thanks in advance.
October 21st 03 09:49 AM
by Richard Go to last post
7 356
Aerial Issues by Bill
It should be written with a capital letter, so by not putting one there is a mis-spelling in by book. You write all the typos you see on Usenet down in a book? There's obsessive. A psychotherapist I know says that it's due to bad toilet training. Bill
October 21st 03 04:07 PM
by CJ Go to last post
1 211
Nokia Mediamaster 221T or Pace Twin by Paul S
Having waded through reviews and newsgroup postings, I was all set to buy a Nokia 221T for 122. Initially, I wanted a Set Top Box to; 1) View Digital TV channels 2) Listen to Digital Radio
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 21st 03 05:02 PM
by Ian Clowes Go to last post
11 363
The Wrekin transmitter by Mike Cawood
Does anyone know when the Wrekin transmitter will start transmiiting Freeview? Mike. --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.525 / Virus Database: 322 - Release Date: 09-Oct-2003
October 21st 03 10:06 PM
by Andy Pritchard Go to last post
4 296
DAB Drivers for DVB Cards by matt cook
Most (if not all) DVB cards use software decoding. All it would take for a DVB card to decode DAB is a suitable tuner, and the right drivers. Despite the tuner dificulties in the UK market, are there are any DAB drivers anywhere for DVB cards?
October 21st 03 10:09 PM
by Aztech Go to last post
4 269
Rigger's Diary - highly amusing joke by Bill
I was in Nottingham yesterday carrying out the mundane tasks that are the lot of the lowly aerial rigger. My mind started to wonder and I devised the following joke, which I'm sure you'll all agree is a masterpiece of the comedic art. Two members of a primeval species were wallowing in a swamp. The first said "I stuck my head out of the water the last week, just for a moment. Then yesterday I...
October 21st 03 11:23 PM
by Simon Slavin Go to last post
8 286
Pace Twin - Digital Teletext software upgrade now available by Paul S
Just thought I'd flag this up. Seems pretty good.
October 21st 03 11:23 PM
by Simon Slavin Go to last post
4 194
aerials by hugh janus
im about to get digital tv and im stuck as to which aerial to get,im in a good reception area, the aerials ive seen are 40 for a 53 element version,but in the screw fix catalogue a 43 element aerial is 24 is the number of elements crucial as the less elements the cheaper the aerial,all say "for digi tv /uhf cheers
October 22nd 03 07:37 PM
by Tony Go to last post
3 194
How do i edit Mpeg Movies by NealUK
Not sure if this is the right group, but i have recorded some movie footage that is now on my computer in mpg format. I need to be able to edit it, so i can trim both ends. I would also like to convert (compress) it so that i can fit it on a CD (VCD format?). Does anyone know of any software that will be able to do this? Any help much appreciated.
October 22nd 03 10:26 PM
by Andrew Johnson Go to last post
2 196
AVERTV DVB MPEG Recordings = DVD by Andrew Johnson
Hi, I have a digital AVERTV DVB TV card which captures directly to off-air digital to MPEG2 format. I can burn this MPEG file directly onto a CD/DVD disk and play it fine on my laptop or whatever, or play it over the network etc.
October 22nd 03 10:39 PM
by Tony Gartshore Go to last post
3 180
Technical info request - please help by teepee
I'm working on a study of live TV for a university course I'm doing and I'm trying to work out what the delays are on different transmission systems. I know that the gap between the studio and the TV set is virtually infinitesimal for analogue terrestrial, but seem to be about a second or so for satellite judging from what happens when I switch channels between my TV aerial and my dish. Can...
October 23rd 03 12:34 PM
by teepee Go to last post
7 213
Nokia 221T -CA Slot by Nick Yarrow
My 221T has a CA slot: Conditional Access * 1 x DVB Common Interface slot * CA modules support: all DVB compatible Is this of any practical use? (Reception from Crystal Palace, if that is of any help.) Nick
October 23rd 03 12:47 PM
by Nick Yarrow Go to last post
3 211
Only 2 DD5.1 channels now? by K
I've noticed that there are no DD5.1 films listed on Sky Premier 3 for the next few days. Even ones which have been broadcast before in DD are listed as DS now. Anyone know why?
October 23rd 03 01:37 PM
by K Go to last post
0 168
Maplin UHF Modulator by G8XLH
Hi All, Yesterday I was in my local maplins store, and saw that they had a UHF modulator for sale at 19. (Mains powerd- Scart & Phono Inputs for video/audio). I decided to buy one, since my freeviewbox (Thomson) has only only a Scart output on Freeview and the RF loop-though does not carry the freeview channels.
October 23rd 03 04:15 PM
by Aztech Go to last post
1 362
Why do SKY dishes have holes in them by DAB sounds worse than FM
Pea Soup wrote: They make crap woks, but are great for draining the rice Because the wavelength of the signals is: the frequency of the signals is ~12 GHz frequency, which means the wavelength is 3 x 10^8 / 12 x 10^9 = 25mm so the holes are small relative to the wavelength, which means that the
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 23rd 03 08:36 PM
by Martin Angove Go to last post
56 1,709
What channels can I pickup with an old OnDigital Box? by Cuzman
"Adam Simple" wrote in message ... " I have an old On Digital Philips Box . Can you list the channels I can pick up. WIll it have to be retuned, never been used since On Digital went. " http://www.freeview.co.uk lists all of the available channels. Just set it back up, throw the card away, turn it on and press *Menu*, *Getting started*
October 23rd 03 09:22 PM
by Cuzman Go to last post
0 210
Post New Thread