Post New Thread
Sound hole in sponsers message. by Ashley Booth[_2_]
Using a Sky+HD box. After the end of part 1 etc the sponsers message comes up, after a second or so the sound goes off for about half a second. Happens with many programmes on ITV1. (Midsummer Murders etc) -- Ashley
February 21st 15 08:30 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
2 209
Just seen on subtitles for the deaf by Davey
On Mon, 09 Feb 2015 19:11:04 +0000 Bill Wright wrote: "...at a pressure of £40,000 per square inch." Bill There was a good one during the BBC News last week: Spoken: Culture (as in modern, etc).
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 20th 15 08:16 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
14 191
Idea by Bill Wright[_2_]
Since there isn't room for a loudspeaker on the front of many modern TV sets, maybe we should turn the set to face the wall and watch via a mirror . . . Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 20th 15 02:37 PM
by christopher_robin Go to last post
25 458
4G Test - Old Thread Revival by Java Jive[_2_]
Jim Lesurf wrote: as well as knowing a decent model for the loss between points. Java Jive wrote: Rather as "No one is ever going to get sacked for buying a Laserjet printer", "No one is ever going to get sacked for doing a Longley-Rice" - perhaps Tony or Nemo will disagree, in which case I bow to their greater experience, but Longley-Rice, or a derivative or...
February 18th 15 10:02 PM
by tony sayer Go to last post
8 480
Humax YouView box. by Ian Field
Not much in the way of external markings, but the screenprint legend on the PCB says its a DTR-T1000. As far as I've been able to find out, it does Freeview - but it also has an ethernet connector on the back - is it just as simple as running a cable to my router? Its also HD, so I'm wondering whether its backward compatible with an SD 16:9 TV?
February 18th 15 05:12 PM
by Ian Field Go to last post
3 200
Unable to get correct aspect ratio, Sky News by Terry[_3_]
My gym has a couple of large wall-mounted TVs. (Sorry, I should have checked make and model.) I asked them a week ago if they could correct the niggling problem that the bottom scrolling captions were never fully visible, and the sides were cut off too. ('TAX AVOIDANCE' becomes 'VOIDANCE', etc.) Today I found that the scrolling was now visible, but the edges were still missing. And there's a...
February 18th 15 01:16 PM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
6 218
4G possible effects by Jim Lesurf[_2_]
Not sure yet, but I've encountered problems with our Ch60- mux reception this afternoon (on three different receivers). And two weeks ago I saw that the base station top-end nearby was being changed. Since then I have detected some '4G' signals. (The base station is about 400 m away in about the same direction as the TV TXs.) I've taken some fresh spectra and will do some checking and then...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 18th 15 01:00 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
58 643
Freeview Play... WHY! by Jon[_2_]
What is Freeview Play, when is it coming and how can I get it? To stay relevant in a world of television where catch-up and on demand video is king, Freeview has announced its plans for a connected future. Managing director Guy North outlined the plans for Freeview Play at a London briefing for Pocket-lint and select other journalists and it looks like the company, which is so synonymous...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 16th 15 12:39 PM
by Java Jive[_2_] Go to last post
19 775
MatsuiM1602 PVR by Woody[_5_]
Has anyone either got a circuit diagram of the PSU of this beasty, or failing that know where I can get a 8S100L (or equivalent) thermistor which is in line with the supply presumably to stop surge. They are available from the likes of CPC but a 1 device (or less) and 4 P&P seems a bit of a waste of time. The device is continuous rated 1A, is 10R @ 25C, and 1R2 at 50% load and 0R68 at...
February 15th 15 04:06 PM
by Woody[_5_] Go to last post
0 202
Sony Radio Repair by Norman Wells[_6_]
I have a tiny 23 year-old Sony radio (ICF-SW1) that has developed what appears to be a standard fault of distorted sound through the speaker but not via headphones. All the websites I've been to seem to think it's a capacitor problem and that they all need replacing. It's a quality bit of kit so I'd like it repaired, but I don't have the confidence to fiddle about with something so small...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
19 1,383
BBC Codecs and black hair by Vir Campestris
Is it just me, or do the Beeb have a problem with dark hair? I've noticed it before on TOTP1979, where if someone with an Afro jumps up and down the hair lags behind. But it's old stuff, coming off old film, and probably cheaply digitised. And Afro haircuts are sadly lacking these days. But tonight I noticed Miliband's hair doing it on the news. Andy
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 14th 15 06:25 AM
by Wolfgang Schwanke Go to last post
26 378
Freeview PVR Purchase Advice Please by george
Does anyone have suggestions regarding a suitable Freeview (Not HD) PVR? Is the Goodmans Twin Tuner any good? I only want one as a secondary recorder. Thanks for any advice George ---
February 13th 15 07:59 PM
by Indy Jess John Go to last post
2 205
Unusual Oxford Ch 8 problem by vigman[_2_]
I have an unusual problem. I have a Humax Freeview HD PVR downstairs and a TVonics Freeview HD PVR upstairs, off the SAME professionally installed roof aerial. The Humax now tunes to the Oxford Test Transmission on Channel 8. However, the TVonics box does not. It has BBC3 on 7 and BBC4 on 9 but manually selecting channel 8 reverts to BBC3 on ch 7? I have updated all software for the TVonics...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 13th 15 06:52 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
25 494
Soft-skills training for employees via E-learning by [email protected]
Soft-skills training use full for employee what good looks like and giving the some introductory practice opportunities. Soft-skills are important port in a company culture. Please have a look at few E-learning samples: http://www.elearningserv.com/blog/demo/
0 162
Using PC as Terrestrial/Satellite recorder - obsolete? by David[_13_]
Does nobody use PCs as TV recorders any more? The decoder cards available on the Internet (Hauppauge and TBS) seem to be very old stock (judging by the reviews and the OS support quoted) and the Hauppauge card costs more than a stand alone receiver with USB recording (e.g. Humax HB-1000s for £74.99 at John Lewis). Is this a dying market? What are the benefits compared to using streaming...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 11th 15 09:36 AM
by Jim Lesurf[_2_] Go to last post
54 844
What TV recording kit do I need? by Lobster
I'm a bit bewildered by the various options available. Currently have Virgin Tivo, but it doesn't permit streaming around the house which is what I want. I also have a NAS box (Netgear ReadyNAS Duo v2) on to which I can save downloaded video files, which I can them view on any one of three TVs, all of which are either smart TVs or ethernet-connected via a streaming box. So, basically, I want...
February 11th 15 08:19 AM
by Lobster Go to last post
3 229
suspicious by Bill Wright[_2_]
Over the years we've had a few of these. They ring up and tell you what they want, and don't seem too interested in the price. You go along and do the job. Every second you're there there's someone watching you. Certain areas of the premises are out of bounds. No-one seems too interested in the results of the job. There are various people there who you can't place within the group; young...
February 11th 15 02:15 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
9 254
The wit and wisdom of Ben, 5 by Brian Gaff[_2_]
I wonder what he was basing his appraisal on though?. One assumes its a visual sign of some kind. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active "Bill Wright" wrote in message ... Ben: You don't go to work now do you, Grandad? Me: No.
February 11th 15 02:14 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
1 185
spotted in a flat by Bill Wright[_2_]
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/20150203_142623.jpg Bill
6 246
More cable nonsense by Richard Tobin
http://www.audiovisualonline.co.uk/product/8041/audioquest-diamond-rj-e-ethernet-cable-12m From a Register article: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/02/09/perfect_your_mp3_listening_pleasure_with_this_bonkers_ethernet_cable/ -- Richard
February 10th 15 09:12 PM
by Peter Duncanson Go to last post
9 247
Post New Thread