Post New Thread
Freeview Signal strength and SNR? by John Perry
My Nebula PCI Tuner is showing a signal strength of 75% and a SNR of only 26dB. I wonder if this is on the poor side as the signal sometimes breaks up? Any comments please? -- John Perry http://www.redoak.co.uk http://www.eze-buy.co.uk
September 5th 06 07:46 AM
by Chris Go to last post
1 631
Can't get FilmFour by smudger57
Have tried everything to get above thru my Philips DTR430 Freeview box without success. Someone said that if I return box to factory settings I may resolve this problem, but can't find info on how to achieve this. It's not a menu option available thu the box itself. Help please!!
September 4th 06 08:49 PM
by John Perry Go to last post
6 257
Signal strength and signal quality, what does it mean? by Horse.trader
Can the group help please? Being new to Freeview, and looking at the menu on my Sony Freeview box, I understand what the 'signal strength means, but, not too sure what is meant by 'signal quality!' Can someone explain please? Brian (Huddersfield, West Yorkshire)
September 4th 06 12:48 PM
by Richard Tobin Go to last post
8 526
BBC MUX1 Problems by David
Just joined this Ng to ask a question, but see that others may have the same problem. I've got a Panasonic digital TV and since last Friday, I keep losing the picture and sound and get a blank screen on the Mux1 channels from Crystal Palace. This happens 2 or 3 times a minute. My mum, living about 5 miles away and also has a Panasonic digital TV is having similar problems. From what I can make...
September 4th 06 11:35 AM
by John Kelly Go to last post
9 209
OT DTS Cinema Plaque, source of supply by David
I bought a Dolby Digital Home cinema plaque off the Dolby UK web site. Now I would like one for DTS, but the DTS web site shop I have found is in USA, anyone know of a UK source of supply? -- Regards, David Please reply to News Group
September 4th 06 08:00 AM
by Andy Burns Go to last post
7 529
BBC / MUX 1 crashing Topfield since Friday by Heracles Pollux
It's is seldom that I watch Biased Broadcasting ****s but my Toppy crashed recording "Airforce One" last night and that space shuttle Z-movie tonight when one changes to BBC DUMB (via Crystal Palace). Fortuitously, it appears to be something the BBC is doing and is only affecting the BBC channels (so no affecting my normal viewing then!). Fortunately, there are lots of reports of the issue...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 4th 06 07:10 AM
by the dog from that film you saw Go to last post
14 326
Sending RF signals without cabling by [email protected]
Hi, I have a tv which is in the middle of a room and I want to be able to wirelessly transmit the RF signal to the TV from an aerial socket which is attached to an external aerial. The signal is not strong enough to use an internal aerial connected directly to the TV to be able to recieve quality digital TV. I don't want to have to add any more coax wiring and so wanted to be able to transmit...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 4th 06 12:25 AM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
13 371
Argos Wharfedale DV832B by Jock
Please forgive for what me be a "noddy" question but I recently bought the above box from Argos and living on the south coast - facing the Rowridge transmitter I thought that having a superb analogue picture I would have as good if not better digital picture. Not so - it seems that most of the digital signal channels appear to breakup (pixellate?) thus making the programme un-watchable. My...
September 3rd 06 11:41 PM
by Jim Scott Go to last post
6 351
Running Cables - Future Proofing by Jane T
I am looking for a bit of guidance. Where we are with the media centre. I have read a little but there is so much to take in and things keep changing so quick. Is there anything I can do now to make my home future proof for changes in technology, mainly HD and streaming of media throughout the home. Today I want to achieve TV reception in every room and make the cable runs as future...
September 3rd 06 03:15 PM
by Jukka Aho Go to last post
8 328
Sony VTX-D800U Update by Nick Y
Just noticed a posting elsewhere that the Sony VTX-D800U is scheduled for a s/w update on 8th September from: http://www.dtg.org.uk/retailer/download_schedule.pl Coming soon. Repeat downloads: Sagem, Beko & Vestel New downloads: 8/9 Sony VTXD800U, 18/9 Panasonic iDTV v1.52 Nick
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 3rd 06 11:23 AM
by monkie Go to last post
12 465
Best freeview box by siobhan118
I'm looking into buying a freeview box and I was wondering if there are any differences between the £60.00 ones and the £30.00 ones apart from their being a brand name on the more expensive ones. Are Duraband from Asda any good?
September 3rd 06 09:20 AM
by Horse.trader Go to last post
5 142
PVR-9200 recorded dates for Five and Sky 3 by Graham Moore
Has anyone with a 9200 recorded something off of Five or Sky 3 in the last week? I have a weekly scheduled recording event for Battlestar Galactica on Sky 3 and House and CSI:Miam on Five. Up until this week the dates of the record programs was fine but this week says they were recorded in September (5th and 7th respectively for Tuesday and Thursday). The 9200 itself reports the correct...
1 143
Problem with Topfields on BBC1 & BBC2 by André Coutanche
Report are coming in to the Topfield forums at www.toppy.org.uk that many people's machines are re-booting when tuned to BBC1 or BBC2. This is reminiscent of something which happened some time ago when the BBC changed its MHEG transmissions and the Toppy couldn't cope. Does anyone know whether there is anything new (today) in BBC DTT broadcasts? André Coutanche
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 2nd 06 03:27 PM
by Andrew Go to last post
11 339
Goodmans GDB3 in constant standyby mode by Geo
For the past while now my GDB3 Freeview box has been in constant standby mode. Unplugging it for periods of time does not bring it back to life. Ive tried the remote, but that does not help. Has anyone else experience this problem with this make. I tried to update the firmware using an RS232 to see if that would bring it back to life, but when I hit the reset button Hyperterminal does not...
September 2nd 06 03:01 PM
by Josey Go to last post
8 838
LCD Digital TV by PETER
I am looking to buy a digital LCD TV with built in free view. I have looked at the Philips 26PF5521ID/IO and Toshiba 27WLT56 for both sets it states No Co-axial digital input. I am not sure what this means? With my current Sony IDTV I plug the co-ax from the aerial straight into the set. If this is not the case how do I connect the Philips or Toshiba to my terrestrial aerial? Advice...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 2nd 06 09:19 AM
by Marky P Go to last post
12 995
Panasonic recorders lost clock settings by Mike O'Sullivan
Very curious occurrence last night. Went out for the evening and set mt Panasonic HD recorder to record Sopranos on E4, and set my Panasonic SVHS machine to record House on Channel 5, both at 10pm. Got home later, checked the recordings, neither had recorded. After scratching my head for a while, realised that BOTH machines' clocks had been disrupted. The time was right, but the date on both...
September 1st 06 05:52 PM
by Dave Go to last post
5 287
Log Periodic Antenna required by Lee
Does anyone know of a maker or supplier of log periodic antennas or even design plans ??? I wish to run a digital tv card on the PC also my scanner receiver up to 3000megs and the aerials that i see advertised cost upwards of £200.. Thanks... Lee.....Birmingham....
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 1st 06 02:45 PM
by Lee Go to last post
12 331
Freeview and DVD by [email protected]
We recently bought a freeview digi box which is installed and works brilliantly. Or it did until we tried to play a DVD and found it only plays in black and white. The freeview manual says that if this happens the DVD is not compatible with the digibox. Has anyone got any ideas for a way round this, particularly as we recently paid £600 to have our daughters wedding recorded on DVD and can now...
September 1st 06 12:21 PM
by Max Demian Go to last post
1 143
Freeview and DVD by [email protected]
We recently bought a freeview digi box which is installed and works brilliantly. Or it did until we tried to play a DVD and found it only plays in black and white. The freeview manual says that if this happens the DVD is not compatible with the digibox. Has anyone got any ideas for a way round this, particularly as we recently paid £600 to have our daughters wedding recorded on DVD and can now...
0 136
Humax PVR-9200T - Widescreen Signalling by Nick
I bought a PVR-9200T a couple of weeks ago - it was at Vx.4 and updated itself to Vx.6. It has generally worked fine, but a few days ago it stopped signalling widescreen to the TV, both on off-air and recorded video. I am not sure whether the TV looks for pin 8 or line 23 signalling. A reboot fixed the problem, but this evening it happened again. Has anyone else experienced this? Nick
September 1st 06 11:43 AM
by Pete Forman Go to last post
5 290
Post New Thread