Post New Thread
Another unusual shaped aerial by Graham
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/infoweb/mystery.jpg Actually I suspect it might not be an aerial at all but I want to see what you guys make of it first. The picture isn't very clear, I only had my phone camera. Its the green thing to the right of the dishes. It appears to be a copper mesh twisted into a very distinctive spiral shape The bracket looks like a traditional shelf bracket.
October 1st 06 09:08 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
5 182
Sky box telling me Pork Pies by Dave Fawthrop
While having problems with my caravan freesat setup, I think it was rain in the coax :-( Must carry spare coax in future :-( Noticed that once one had pointed the dish at ASTRA2 and got a half way good signal, Services - system setup - Signal Test correctly showed Network ID 0002 and Transport stream 07d4. And continued to show that when the dish was pointed in the wrong
October 1st 06 04:45 PM
by Roy Go to last post
7 282
Please help me start by John Hatpin
I've recently moved into a new flat, and after years of analogue TV, with no experience of digital TV, I'm planning to buy stuff and get going. But I'm starting with zero knowledge or experience, beyond the "plug the co-ax into the video, run a co-ax from the video to the TV, run a SCART from the DVD to the TV" sort of level. Please help me! I'm marooned in technology and terms I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 1st 06 03:18 PM
by Paul D Go to last post
21 2,974
how cheap are lcd tvs going to get? by Unknown
ok so ebuyer are now punting 32" lcds for under 400, well 1p under but still it looks like the early adopter market seems to be getting saturated and these units are hitting the mass market. anyway generic 32" crts seem to hover about the 200 price point and assuming the new lcds will reach the limit of peoples living rooms what price do you guys recon the generic lcds will settle at in the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 1st 06 01:47 PM
by Dr Zoidberg Go to last post
10 538
Plasma or LCD (but not DLP)) by ~tzChik~
Hi all I hope you can help Sorry if this has been asked before, but I've only just been recommended this newsgroup by someone from another newsgroup and have only just subscribed I'm looking to get a 50' wall mountable HD ready LCD or Plasma TV within the next month or so I've researched the net for comparisons;. pros and cons of each etc and find
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 30th 06 07:03 PM
by Pyriform Go to last post
69 1,700
New 40" Samsung tv, sky probs with sound???? by Andy E
I have just purchased a 40" Samsung digital lcd TV, fitted to sky + in living room. I also have 26" Samsung Lcd TV fitted on my other sky box in bedroom. I am having same problem with both on sound through both sky boxes. When the news for example comes on or there is speech commentary on a sky channel the sound is very crackly and distorted??? Once a program comes on , like a film for...
September 30th 06 04:29 PM
by Andy E Go to last post
0 168
Will DAT 75 get to the bottom of poor reception on ITV/C4...? by [email protected]
Recently had my old analogue aerial changed for a wideband digital aerial. Also had omni FM and DAB aerials added to the mast. Got great reception on BBC but pixellation and spluttering on ITV/C4 (on Reigate or Crystal Palace). Have Wolsey 6-way amplifier in loft, BUT before you ask, all the following problems are neither improved nor appreciably worsened if i connect UHF downlead DIRECT to a TV...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 30th 06 02:28 PM
by Dave Farrance Go to last post
36 670
NTL box question by Brian Wescombe
Can anyone with an NTL digital STB confirm that they support RGB output through SCART? Also, do they have stereo audio output connectors and/or optical digital outputs? Thanks in advance
September 30th 06 08:56 AM
by Steve Go to last post
5 258
Toshiba WLT66 32" or Sony V2000 32" LCD? by [email protected]
What Hifi states that the Sony V2000 is the best 32" LCD, and Toshiba WLT66 the second best. However, the Sony costs some 1,100 and the Toshy only 720. Does anyone know if it's worth paying 380 extra for a screen with a Sony badge and one less HDMI input?
September 30th 06 07:21 AM
by Rob Go to last post
3 177
The Globe is back, sort of by Agamemnon
And good riddance to those horrid dances. http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-2377125,00.html Don't like the shade of blue though. The old computerised blue and gold see-through globe from the 80's and the smoky globe from the 90's were by far the best.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 29th 06 08:13 PM
by Dom Robinson Go to last post
21 579
Toshiba DLP 50HMX96 by roohbir
I have bought a Toshiba DLP TV. It advertises as 'Integrated HDTV'. Does that mean that I don't require a separate set-top box for viewing HDTV signal (ie when I subscribe to one)? Roohbir
September 29th 06 07:25 PM
by roohbir Go to last post
4 145
Interference on DTV by [email protected]
I have recently installed DTV in my home and I'm get a lot of interference from mobile phones in the house especially when they are being used. I have upgraded the aerial and fitted double-screened coax. The LCD i have has a built-in digital tuner. I can't be sure where the interference is getting into the network (The aerial, amplifier or cabling). Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?
September 29th 06 02:03 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
2 174
attempts to reduce ghosting by Bill Wright
I looked at a new aerial today in which the installer had tried to reduce the ghosting. Between the aerial and the transmitter was a large building. The installer had carefully posiitoned the aerial in the one place where the lift motor room screened it to the rear. This was totally ineffective. It appeared that the reflected signals were a 'double bounce', coming in from the facing wall of...
September 29th 06 11:19 AM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
5 158
Pass Driving Theory Test Easy by [email protected]
Pass-Test : Driving theory test software, hazard perception software. Prepare yourself for hazard perception test with pass-test driving theory test software. Official DSA theory test question bank for car and motorcycles. http://www.pass-test.co.uk
September 29th 06 09:18 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 149
Toshiba 32WLT66 by Gandalf Harrow
recently bought this TV and on the whole very pleased BUT it does not display all of the 1360 by 768 pixels it should do. around 150 are missing on the left hand side around 200 on the right and approx 40 at the top and bottom. I have not found a consumer adjustment for this. Does anyone know of a "hidden" engineering menu that will fix the problem. I want to see the whole picture! especially...
September 29th 06 03:21 AM
by Rob Go to last post
1 169
Digital TV reception question by Peter
Hi, My daughter has just moved in to student accomodation (London SE5) and is having a problem rx'ing digital TV from a set top aerial. An external aerial isn't a reralistic solution - can anyone advise me if a powered set top aerial woulkd be any more succesful and if so possibly recomend one?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 28th 06 10:05 PM
by Martin Durkin Go to last post
13 367
Looking for a digibox by Grey
Looking for a freeview digibox, but I want one for a TV that does not have a scart socket, but will go into a bog-standard Ariel socket. I don't want to have a scart modulator. Does such an animal exist? Graham
September 28th 06 03:20 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
6 229
DiGiTV Remote reg file by Ian
Could someone using the DiGiTV PCI card with a One4all remote please send me the remote examples reg file? It's missing from the DiGiTV folder, and my remote won't work. I emailed Nebula weeks ago, and got no response. TIA. [email protected]
September 28th 06 02:10 PM
by Ian Go to last post
0 142
ITV4 by John Porcella
What is wrong with ITV4? I have tried before to record ECL football, and when broadcast on this channel, the tape recording has contrast/brilliance that bounces up and down throughout. No trouble like this on ITV1. I use a Philips DTT decoder of On-Digital/ITV Digital days, SCARTed to a VCR.
September 28th 06 12:47 PM
by John Porcella Go to last post
0 155
Digital Update by [email protected]