Post New Thread
digilogic dvrw-2 dvd recorder by Dr. francois Duvalier
Does any one know if this is a rebadged version of another make? -- They can get it out of your blood, but they can't get it out of your mind. -- Charlie Parker
September 14th 06 10:17 AM
by Dr. francois Duvalier Go to last post
0 285
what happened to the Sony KDL-V32A12U ? by bugbear
This was the killer Sony "dream" 32 inch LCD telly. Best buy in all the rags. It's now an old model, according to Sony's site. http://www.sony.co.uk/product/ProductComparisonWizard.action?sectiontype=Product&site=odw_en_GB&deepestLevelCategoryId=%2FTV+Projector%2FTVP+LCD+TV# Does anyone know what (if any) is its designated succesor?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 14th 06 10:06 AM
by charles Go to last post
10 834
SAGEM HDL26TPC AXIUM TV RECEPTION by GRAEME JOHN NINNIS
I HAVE JUST BOUGHT A SAGEM LCD HDL26TP2 DIGITAL TV WITH BUILT IN FREEVIEW. IT IS CONNECTED TO MY TERRESTRIAL AERIAL VIA A VCR.IN THE EVENINGS THE SIGNAL CUTS OUT AT ABOUT 10PM MOST EVENINGS. I HAVE NEVER HAD ANY RECEPTION PROBLEMS IN THE PAST. I ACCESSED THE TECHNICAL MENU ON THE TV AND IT SAYS THAT THE SIGNAL STRENGTH IS 40% BUT THE SIGNAL QUALITY IS 98%. OTHER INFO ON THE SCREEN WAS...
September 14th 06 09:46 AM
by JW Go to last post
2 281
Sky+ system hang by Margaret Willmer
Hello, I've set sky+ to record programmes (BBC1 Casualty using "series link") whilst we've been away and both times it has recorded some but not all. I've tried both leaving the system on and on stand-by. When I try to switch the system on it has frozen requiring me to unplug the power cable and leaving it for a bit and then plugging it back in and waiting - well you probably all know...
September 13th 06 10:06 PM
by Andrew Go to last post
1 125
Slightly o/t: PC on widescreen telly by Marky P
I am now running my PC through my Samsung HD telly, which is quite fun as I'm lounging on the sofa typing this, drink in hand & reaasonaby ****ed. Now, my question is, can a PC run in widescreen without stretching? I know you can get widescreen monitors, so is there a widescreen setting on a PC or a widescreen version of Windows XP or something? Marky P. (on the Absinthe)
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 13th 06 09:38 PM
by Dave Farrance Go to last post
28 488
are signal boosters able to improve freeview reception? by David Horne, _the_ chancellor of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate
I noticed a signal booster at Wilkinsons the other day, and wonder if it might be worth trying it. I recently moved into a new flat in the centre of Manchester which has a communal aerial. The freeview reception on my old ondigital box is only good for BBC tv channels, and some others- for example Sky 3 and Sky News. (I could get all the freeview channels at my old place north of the city- a...
September 13th 06 05:45 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
4 234
Code for a Lodos DVD for a Kameleon Control? by [email protected]
Hiya. I have just recently bought a Kameleon 4 (URC 8040) remote control from Ebay -- and I have a "Lodos" DVD player. I have no idea where you can a code from for one of these cool remotes!! Ive looked high and low. Do you think Lodos are a rebrand of someone elses products e.g. LG
September 13th 06 04:18 PM
by Paul D.Smith Go to last post
1 208
Viewing Figures by [email protected]
Hi When you read about the viewing figures for tv programmes - how do they know, for example, that 3.2 million people watched one programme and 1.2 million watched another? Many thanks Martin www.gimmedosh.com
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 13th 06 01:18 PM
by Angus Rae Go to last post
13 310
BBC Mux dead in South West Region by Mark Carver
It died at 14:47hrs today http://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/transmitters/today.shtml -- Mark Please replace invalid and invalid with gmx and net to reply.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 13th 06 12:50 PM
by Dickie mint Go to last post
36 600
CD/M2 by SoWeezy
what does it mean and how important is it to the quality of an LCD TV's picture ? looking at a cheap 19" for the bedroom (210 + vat) with following spec 19" widescreen 500:1 contrast ratio 300 CD/M2 1440 x 900 resolution
September 12th 06 07:51 PM
by Al Reynolds Go to last post
8 202
Component o/p question on Sony DVD-R by Marky P
Hi, I'm sure that when I before I bought my Sony RDR-GXD500 DVD recorder, a review stated that it didn't have component outputs. Well, looking at the back of it & in the instructions, it does have component out, but it won't switch to this output via the menu. I haven't tried using it yet, but wondered if anyone here has this machine & uses the component outputs. Cheers,
September 12th 06 07:45 PM
by Roger R Go to last post
9 193
Setpal program update / 14 day EPG by Paul
Today, my Daewoo DS608p brought up a message about a free trial, 19 days, of a 14-day EPG, with option to pay a one-off subscription. When other posters were reporting this a few months back, it did not appear on mine, apparently because it was running an out of date build (0136 if my memory serves me correctly). I now find it is build 0157. No data is on the EPG as yet - it states that I...
September 12th 06 02:27 PM
by Paul Go to last post
6 173
Fixing a time delay between wto Freeview boxes by Bazzer Smith
I have a freeview box and a freeview dongle (for my PC), however they take different times to process the signals so they are out of sync, this is most noticible on the sound when you listen to both at the same time. Is there anyway of fixing this time delay so they are in sync? I was think a good idea would be to make the cable to the faster box longer so the signal had to go futher, dunno how...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 12th 06 01:28 PM
by CWatters Go to last post
23 594
Sound volume on Digital STBs by [email protected]
Every STB I've used seems to have a very low volume output on sound. I thought this was some side-effect of them using SCART but even the old Philips On-Digital box was the same over RF. I noticed today that Radio 4, on the STB seems a lot louder than it used to. Have I imagined this? The other (TV) channels I watch still seem as quiet as usual.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 12th 06 10:51 AM
by Roger Hunt Go to last post
11 231
Wool over my eyes !! by Andrew
Dear All, I have a TV aerial man coming to sort out the following problem. I have two media centre PC which in different rooms but sharing the same freeview aerial feed. However one of them cannot find channels ITV 1, ITV 2, ITV 3 and the odd frozen picture on channel 4. I assume that the signal strength is the problem, as if I just connect one media pc to the main aerial feed all is...
September 12th 06 08:36 AM
by charles Go to last post
1 96
DTT.tv by DTT.tv
Hi, I'm selling the domain DTT.tv ( http://www.dtt.tv ). If someone interested please make an offer on http://www.sedo.co.uk Best regards.
September 12th 06 05:14 AM
by DTT.tv Go to last post
0 113
Freeview reception improvement advice. by Iain
Hi everyone, this is only my second post, so hopefully its OK. Hi, thanks for your time. I will try to be as precise as possible and cover details - sorry if its a bit long! Location mid way between Sudbury and Crystal Palace TX. Flattish topography no visible obstructions. Equipment:- Nokia 121T freeview box
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 11th 06 11:21 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
11 441
BBC1 Emley Moor 19-30 tonight by David
I appear to have picture of one programme and the sound of another! -- Regards, David Please reply to News Group
September 11th 06 06:51 PM
by David Go to last post
2 116
No HD US Open on Sky? by Wayne
Notice that Sky have yet to show ANY tennis in HD at all, which is annoying given that they have done for much lesser sports like "Speedway". Anyone think they will start showing tennis in HD eventually? Must say that for an NTSC conversion, Sky's picture quality from the USO has been pretty good this year, and infinitely superior to that of the amateurs at Eurosport.....................
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 11th 06 03:52 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
10 290
Low cost DVD recorder with chase play? by Paul D
I'm after a low cost (hopefully under 150 pounds) DVD recorder which allows me to watch the beginning of a programme whilst it's still recording. I already have a TiVo/Freeview box so I don't really want another hard drive unit, I just need something I can use as a secondary recorder in case of programme clashes, and also to copy my videotapes to DVD with. On-board Freeview would be nice but...
September 11th 06 04:34 AM
by Roderick Stewart Go to last post
8 206
Post New Thread