Post New Thread
Mad aerial question by Scott[_2_]
All aerials are grey aluminium colour. I wondered if it would be possible to paint an aerial blue, and whether this would degrade the signal. Would you use water based or oil based paint? TIA
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 25th 15 08:34 AM
by charles Go to last post
13 417
confused about multiplexes by Stephen[_4_]
Hello, I'm currently watching freesat, so arguably there's no point paying someone to fit a tv aerial for me. I was wondering about fitting a loft aerial (I'm not brave enough to go up a ladder outside!) to see what channels I could receive. The local transmitter does not transmit all of the freeview channels. The digitaluk.co.uk/coveragechecker suggests that I could point to
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 24th 15 10:36 AM
by Java Jive[_2_] Go to last post
13 431
These smart tv dongles? by Brian-Gaff
Has anyone tried any of these devices on the dumb tellies with usb yet? Just wondered how they worked and interfaced with the existing tv software. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
June 23rd 15 12:19 PM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
9 263
[new] Female presenter for Top Gear by R. Mark Clayton[_2_]
Sabine Schmidt obviously. Better presenter than the original trio, better driver than the Stig. Indeed why bother with Chris Evans...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 23rd 15 12:05 PM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
50 1,244
The Colour Television Receiver by ureds
Found this on Danny Baker's twitter feed of all places. I dare say some regulars on here will remember it.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDT1yD5d7Xk
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 22nd 15 12:53 AM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
165 1,556
I have been asked... by Brian-Gaff
If Virgin or Freesat or Sky distribute Insight Radio. I know its on freeview on channel 730, but I've been looking for some time and cannot find it on the others. Rnib are about as useful as abull in a car park. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 20th 15 10:55 PM
by Dave W Go to last post
17 438
OT ramblings by Bill Wright[_2_]
My IT man says sarcastically (following a very minor IT triumph on my part) that he will make an IT expert of me yet. I replied, "When I was working I had the feeling that the technology was a bus and I was the little man with the briefcase and brolly running along after it but getting further and further behind until he finally collapses at the side of the road. IT would be the same." Just...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 20th 15 07:33 AM
by Pinnerite[_2_] Go to last post
16 497
freesat boxes by Stephen[_4_]
Good morning, I have just moved into a house with no tv aerial but with a satellite dish, so I bought two Manhattan Plaza hd-s2 freesat boxes, on the basis that they were cheap! (about 40 each). Not having had freesat before, I wanted to test the water. Are there any other budget boxes I should have considered? I could not find any. One box has come with a remote control with small white...
June 19th 15 12:22 PM
by Dave W Go to last post
6 1,252
Freesat bit error rates by Clive Page[_4_]
We have a small dish to get Freesat which feeds into our Panasonic TV which is Freesat enabled. The TV can provide three indications of the signal: strength, quality, and bit-error rate. Recently I had to move the dish (to avoid a neighbour's tree which was starting to get in the way) and so after re-aligning it had reason to check signal strength and data quality of various channels. All...
June 17th 15 04:14 PM
by Woody[_5_] Go to last post
6 753
Which aerial manufacturer these days (longish) by Geo[_3_]
Been asked to fit an aerial for my daughter's friend. Her "new" bungalow has an old, slightly bent mast, with no aerial. The cable (brown semi-airspaced UHF) has been cut at the mast and just inside the roof. The mast bracket is screwed to the wood at the apex of the gable end. I have not yet been able to get up there to check the state of the fixing but suspect I will use 9" wall bracket and...
June 17th 15 01:36 PM
by Geo[_3_] Go to last post
8 408
Nothing new under the sun (or TV mast) by [email protected]
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-33063353
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 16th 15 08:41 PM
by tony sayer Go to last post
15 416
BBC licence fee under 'unprecedented pressure' from Netflix by Phi
The fast growth of streaming services and pay-TV are "challenging the very premise of mandatory fees", according to a study by PwC Internet television services such as Netflix and Amazon Fire are "challenging the very premise of mandatory fees" for the BBC and other public broadcasters, according to a major study of the global media sector. The rise of streaming is altering the landscape of...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 14th 15 03:49 PM
by JNugent[_4_] Go to last post
16 549
Is 16:9 not wide screen enough? by The Other John[_3_]
The Interceptor on BBC1 last night was transmitted as 2.35:1 letterbox - why? Why waste all that screen real estate just to make it look like a cinema film? I wouldn't have minded so much if the subtitles had fitted into the bottom black bar but they didn't. Bloody meeja studies! -- TOJ.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 13th 15 06:45 PM
by Graham.[_5_] Go to last post
26 1,124
Quatermass 2 the film by Phi
I hadn't seen it for ~50 years, quite entertaining.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 10th 15 07:22 PM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
23 874
Techwood PVR180/T810 twinrecord. by Ian Field
Some time ago, someone helped me out with a stock fault on this PVR - Apparently a power rail protection zener fails short circuit and stops it dead. Unfortunately the PVR got hidden in a corner and forgotten, now I've found it again, the saved file with info on the fault eludes me. Also the PC where I think the file was had a HDD go silly (the drive started acting up when I ran a search...
June 7th 15 07:46 PM
by Ian Field Go to last post
4 344
Splitter advice needed by Dave Saville[_4_]
I am thinking of replacing my PVR as it is beginning to show its age. The one I am looking at has three tuners. The vender suggests using a splitter instead of loop through cables. I would need al least a four way, possibly a six. It is already split in the loft two ways. I still get 100/100 according to my Topfield. TIA -- Regards Dave Saville
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 7th 15 12:13 PM
by Chris Hogg Go to last post
22 593
Resolution on Porches (or not) by Graham.[_5_]
On Sat, 06 Jun 2015 19:46:59 GMT, Skipweasel wrote: I have a telly which has a native resolution of 1920x1080. I also have a spare PC with an Intel onboard graphics thing which is capable of driving it at that resolution Trouble is, when I connect the two I've got about an inch of black space on the left and there's a bit of desktop overhanging the right edge...
June 6th 15 11:52 PM
by Graham.[_5_] Go to last post
0 246
UKTV by Davey
Does it work, or is it just my setup that sees the Yesterday DOG, but nothing else when I play Impossible Engineering Ep. 1, or Time Team at Henham, or anything else that I atttempt? I have disabled Adblock for this page. -- Davey.
June 6th 15 11:23 PM
by Davey Go to last post
6 629
Multi region Blu Ray player by Chris Holmes
Hi All, we are looking to invest in a Bu Ray player (sub 100) and would like to be able to play our collection of USA DVDs on it (Region 2??) and perhaps also USA bought Blu Ray discs in the future. I had a quick Google for Multi Region Ble Ray Player, but what I got back was Ble Ray players that would do Multi Region Apps (didn't say whether these were included, or you had to provide them. ...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 5th 15 01:28 PM
by Pinnerite[_2_] Go to last post
22 618
PING Bill Wright by Stephen[_6_]
Hi Bill, I'm wanting to integrate my CCTV system into the home UHF distribution system via a couple of Televes Avant 5 units and a Triax 5x16 multiswitch. I have 9 cameras and a DVR provided video of a 3x3 video mosaic so I am in need of ten UHF modulators. I already have Freesat/sky, FM, DAB and DTT on the distribution system and was planning to have 10 analogue TV channels on all the TV...
June 4th 15 12:43 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
6 241
Post New Thread