Post New Thread
two way splitter ... by marc
Question: If one uses a two way splitter with 1 parabola head, can two tuners play and receive all stations? (eg 1 records, one plays). I have a tv with sat tuner, and a box with viaccess card ... http://www.amazon.com/RCA-DH24SPF-Two-Bi-Di-Splitter/dp/B0018BQR84/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1423349449&sr=8-1&keywords=two+way+splitter
February 7th 15 10:52 PM
by David Woolley[_2_] Go to last post
1 180
Language of station names by tedjrr[_4_]
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure that the railways had a UIC based agreement that stations would be referred to in their local form to avoid confusion. Thus Aachen is Aachen on SNCF, and not Aix-la-Chapelle, Milan is Milano, etc. But yesterday the train that I was waiting for was posted as Luik via Hoei and Namen. It took a while to realise that Namen was Namur and the the other two...
February 7th 15 08:02 PM
by Terry Casey[_2_] Go to last post
8 360
Laser-like beam? RF experts required by Steve Thackery[_2_]
I've just found this, which looks interesting: http://adrokgroup.com/ In particular see the Technology and Services page. Apparently it's a ground penetrating radar which can "see" up to 4km into the ground. It can also identify the various materials through which the beam travels, providing what they call "virtual borehole" technology
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 7th 15 04:47 PM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
46 2,397
Lenovo Yoga by Phi
I have just bought a Lenovo Yoga and I am having trouble with downloading Firefox, it keeps wanting me to sign up to Google.........that I will not do. Does anyone know if Google now dominates the Android unverse. If so, then I send the kit back to Amazon and get a Windows device.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 7th 15 08:52 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
20 403
OT. Collecting Ebay items at local Argos. by David[_9_]
I see on Ebay several items that are being sold by various sellers a delivery option is to collect at your local Argos. Anyone know what this is all about? Are these sellers in some way connected with Argos or are Argos getting into the courier business? The delivery option does not appeal to me as it is no quicker than being delivered to my home as same estimated date is given, I can see...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 7th 15 07:37 AM
by alan_m Go to last post
13 389
Goodman LD3266D TV retunes but won't remember. by MCC[_3_]
Has anyone an answer to this problem, please? I have a Goodman LD3266D Freeview TV which will not retain channel information. This started happening when Freeview introduced additional channels such as Drama on Channel 20 and moved Yesterday to 19 and Dave to 12. When I switch the TV on Drama isn't available and Yesterday is on 12 as it used to be. I can retune the set and everything is fine...
February 6th 15 11:43 PM
by terrior2 Go to last post
6 1,186
Classic FM arrives by UnsteadyKen[_4_]
Classic FM popped up in the Freeview channel list this morning, from Sandy Heath in the Com5 mux, UHF channel 52 with an LCN of 731 About time. http://www.a516digital.com/2015/02/global-adds-classic-fm-and-lbc- on.html -- Ken O'Meara
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
40 920
Churchill funeral by Bill Wright[_2_]
Here's a snippet from Another Place: I’ve just finished watching Winston Churchill’s funeral (as shown on BBC Parliament yesterday), and a few thoughts spring to mind… – Bearing in mind the technology (or lack of) the BBC had back then, they did a fantastic job of covering the occasion. – Richard Dimbleby was a master of his craft, particularly when he had nothing to say because he would...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 5th 15 09:30 PM
by Graham.[_5_] Go to last post
54 897
"Book Me" +green dot. by David[_9_]
At 12:59 today Freeview 101 BBC1 HD from Emley Moor during promos before 1pm news at the top right hand corner of screen "Book Me" followed by a Green Dot appeared for a minute. What is this message please? I got it at the same time yesterday and it stayed on until I disconnected the mains for a few minutes, nothing else I tried would get rid of it.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 5th 15 11:57 AM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
53 24,768
Need a new smart TV by Jim
Variation on an earlier thread. The gf is in the market for a new 32" "smart" TV. I've narrowed it down to Sony, Panasonic, Samsung. Cost is not the biggest concern, but should be reasonale value. Any comments on the following please: 1. Smarts:
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 5th 15 09:42 AM
by Davey Go to last post
22 456
To whom should I complain? by Bill Wright[_2_]
I'm sick of Radio Humberside leaving the traffic flag on (if that is the correct terminology) for two minutes after the end of the traffic news. This has been going on for years. To whom should I complain? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 4th 15 07:18 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
32 519
Bush Freesat HD and iPlayer by David[_13_]
Just tried to use iPlayer on the Bush Freesat HD and it won't work. Looking back there seem to have been significant changes a while back, which presumably Bush aren't coding new software to match. Recommendations for a Freesat HD box (presumably they all now offer recording to an external USB device - presumably also you would need two tuners if you wanted to watch and record at the same...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 4th 15 04:42 PM
by Jim Lesurf[_2_] Go to last post
11 970
I must be the only reader left for WotSat magazine....... by Stephen[_6_]
Given that no one has commented on the latest changes to WotSat Mag in this venerable newsgroup It used to be packed with adverts, articles by Geoff Bains, Barry Fox, Peter Wright, channel reception listings etc.... I got a letter through the post saying that WotSat was changing, and as "compensation" for the changes, I would get a copy of Home Cinema Choice for the remainder of the yearly...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 2nd 15 09:19 PM
by flatroofer Go to last post
12 2,023
Next up Radiograms? by Brian Gaff
These were all the rage when I was young, but most sounded very boxy of course. I remember our first home made mono one made by my father which you could keep u your meal warm on as it was valve as well. The fm/am tuner was switched to give all the stations you needed, IE Luxumbourg and the bbc ones and a couple on fm, it was third program mostly. The record player was a bsr changer with...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
36 451
Playing files on 'smart' TV by Jim Lesurf[_2_]
Those reading the linux newsgroup I frequent will know I've been experimenting with media files on my new HDTV. Just got some results that may act as a warning to others... I've been reading my (home recorded) DVDs and generating either .ts or .mkv files from them. In general the TV will 'play' these... in the sense that I see the video and hear the sound. But the sound has added 'clicks' and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 2nd 15 02:05 PM
by Jim Lesurf[_2_] Go to last post
17 313
Bloody I player again by Brian Gaff[_2_]
I've been trying to watch Hidden Killers of the Tudor Age tonight. all fine for about half the program, then persistent buffering and messing about then it stopped completely with this error Error code : 1032 Severity : critical Description : No further playback is possible as there is no valid media Responsibility : Application I think that is just about the most useless error I've come...
February 1st 15 02:52 PM
by Brian Gaff[_2_] Go to last post
1 180
Freesat and DVB-S adaptor for PC by NY
The Freesat site http://www.freesat.co.uk/get-freesat/recommended/freesat-plus-with-freetime refers to various Freesat-approved PVRs made by Humax. Is it possible instead to use a DVB-S PCI card or USB adaptor and Windows Media Centre to access the same channels, assuming that there is a suitable dish with one or more LNBs and cables? Can a Sky-installed dish (currently connected to a Sky...
January 28th 15 05:51 PM
by David[_13_] Go to last post
4 362
Slip-sync by Pinnerite[_2_]
There is an old James Mason film on Movies4Men right now. The audio is about a sentence behind the video. Probably more entertaining than if it was in sync. :)} -- Mageia 4 for x86_64, Kernel:3.14.27-desktop-1.mga4 KDE version 4.11.4 on an AMD Phenom II X4 Black edition.
January 28th 15 10:06 AM
by David[_9_] Go to last post
1 168
No Freeview reception from Rosneath with masthead amp after 4G by 2pods[_3_]
As our Freeview reception (Roseneath)can often be interrupted by pixelisation, etc we normally use our Freesat box. However, we received a 4G filter in the post a while ago, I thought I had better check, to find we were getting no Freeview reception at all. I don't know if this happened when 4G started to become available here. I knew said filter would be useless to us as we have a masthead...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 27th 15 04:36 PM
by Graham.[_5_] Go to last post
22 486
Smart TV not so smart by Gary[_4_]
Back in about 2010 I bought a Samsung 3-D Smart TV. In the smart section there was promises of new apps to arrive in time. Occasionally I check back to see which new ones have arrived. Now to my dismay, instead of new ones arriving ones that are there are being uninstalled. It's as if the TV is suffering dementia, luckily I didn't actually buy the TV for a smart features, but it would have...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 27th 15 01:56 PM
by Jon[_2_] Go to last post
11 304