Post New Thread
Subtitles by Matt Overton
Is it me or is it a bit **** the way you can't switch subtitles on and off at will on cable and satellite??? Whilst my freeview boxes and freeview telly both have nice shortcuts on the remote, you've got to go all the way through a bloody pain in the arse menu to do it with telewest and sky.....
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 26th 06 09:58 PM
by Trevor Wright Go to last post
12 259
Wideformat DVD on Wide LCD by [email protected]
Hi, I guess I am a newbie who just got widescreen lcd. My question are Wide format dvd supposed to be "full screen" in 16:9 LCD? WHen I play full screen version DVD it display on full screen. If I play wide screen, it leaves edges on top and bottom of screen like 4:3. Is that normal? Or is there something wrong with my DVD player (I got Philips DVP642. I changed tv format to 16:9 in the dvd...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 25th 06 09:02 PM
by Dom Robinson Go to last post
35 1,228
Philips DVDR3305 trashes an entire disc by Stephen
I had nearly 6 hours of recordings on a DVD and then decided to use the last 20 minutes of free space for something else. Out of the blue my screen went blank in the middle of the recording, then the recorder said "timer" because it had switched itself off. When I switched it back on again it said the disc was blank. I knew the Philips DVDR3305 could fail to write the table of contents at...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 25th 06 04:13 PM
by mike Go to last post
25 781
Top Up TV misleading promo? by Steve
Having just watched the promo on channel 41, two things suprise me. Firstly, I can watch what I want when I want. Yes, but only if TopupTv have decided 1st that I might want to watch it. What if there's a programme on one of their 'channels' that I want to watch and they haven't picked it for download. I have no choice so therefore I cannot watch what I want. You can, pause, rewind and...
September 25th 06 09:23 AM
by LeeJS Go to last post
6 144
How to prepare video from DVD to TS by Denis +Rider+ Sukhorukov
We have video streaming server Kasenna media base. To prepare video film from DVD we use Canopus Pro Coder, but it is taking too long time... Is somewhere soft or hardware for prepare faster DVD disk (programm stream) to kasenna server (transport stream) and change bitrate video/audio. Someone have Kasenna server?
September 25th 06 04:06 AM
by Denis +Rider+ Sukhorukov Go to last post
0 119
Smallish IDTVs, are they available yet? by Paul
I keep looking out for an LCD IDTV for the bedroom, i.e. about 14" screen, all neatly in one box, just one remote control, and they still seem to be very rare. Anyway, I looked in Currys.digital today (ex-Dixons) and sure enough there were none to be had on the TV displays and I asked the spotty youth who confirmed there were none, however then I noticed that there was a 15" Ferguson LCD TV...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 24th 06 04:42 PM
by Kim Bowers Go to last post
16 1,001
Freeview? by Dave
Is the term 'Freeview' still relevent to describe terrestial digital TV? My on-screen channel listing shows: 40 TV programmes (free and viewable) 25 radio channels (free but not viewable) 15 subscription channels (viewable but not free) plus about 8 text channels Topup TV seems to be the next big thing, but it hardly falls into the category of 'free'.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 24th 06 04:12 PM
by Jukka Aho Go to last post
22 393
what will happen . . . (re-sent message) by Bill Wright
Did this message appear on anyone's screen yesterday? I think my computer is acting daft. When I post it keeps saying that's failed to post a message that I sent months ago, and sometimes I think it doesn't in fact post messages. Does anyone know why this error message keeps popping up? Incidentally, I never see my own messages. "Bill Wright" wrote in message...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 24th 06 11:42 AM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
10 276
Wireless Cable Info by [email protected]
Visit www.WirelessCableService.com
September 24th 06 09:51 AM
by Paul Heslop Go to last post
5 134
digi-box set up problem (newbie) by Frank Stacey
Helped a friend to connect his new digi-box this evening. The installation instructions were extremely noddy. We connected the wires as instructed and switched on. Lo and behold we had a good looking picture BUT it was not aligned correctly on the screen but appeared as 4 quadrants with a wide black cross separating them plus the whole lot scrolled slowly left to right across the screen. ...
September 24th 06 08:33 AM
by Frank Stacey Go to last post
8 259
Sony incompatability... with Sony by [email protected]
I have a KV-2762UB Sony television (1988, but an excellent picture). About 3 weeks ago, I bought a Sony VTX-D800U Freeview box, thinking all would be well. About the same time, I started having trouble with my VCR - it only gave monochrome images on my TV. I've just realised that the problem is the Freeview remote control. Use of any button on it causes the TV to interpret the message as...
3 203
commercial advertisement: Bill's eBay sale by Bill Wright
Yes, you lucky people! I'm on eBay again, selling all sorts of gear. In particular I'm flogging one of my analysers. http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQfrppZ25QQfrtsZ25QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQsassZtvaerialguy Bill
September 23rd 06 12:15 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
7 624
Luxor LCD TVs by Paul D
I've been looking around for a 23 inch Freeview LCD for my mother. On browsing the Empire Direct website I've found a brand called Luxor, which I've never heard of. There's nothing on the net about them and they are only sold through Empire. However, their 23 inch freeview TV is around 100 pounds cheaper than the equivalent Toshiba, which I was planning to buy! The Luxor costs only 375...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 23rd 06 09:32 AM
by Roland Rodgers Go to last post
20 25,188
Do I need a digital Aerial? by Darren
Hi, I have recently moved into a house that has a rooftop aerial that is probably around twenty years old. Its connectedto a five way splitter/amplifier in the loft with the old style brown coax, only one connection (to the living room) is used, but all the others are plugged in. I have bought a digital set top box and hooked it up to my tv, initially I couldnt get much, just a few BBC channels...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 23rd 06 08:57 AM
by Alan Go to last post
28 1,892
Five's new channels (again!) by Brian Wescombe
My original post went somewhat off-track LOL. So, does anyone know if Five's new channels are testing on digital satellite yet??
September 23rd 06 12:17 AM
by Richard Watkinson Go to last post
2 166
Six New DTT Channels by John Porcella
I own an old OD/ITV Digital box (Philips) and performed an 'Add Channels' last night. I am on the Crystal Palace transmitter. I was surprised to note six new channels: TUTV Anytime 1, 2 and 3, ITV1 HD Trial, Channel 4 HD Trial and Five HD Trial. None of them are showing anything that I can see. However, I noticed that ITV1 HD was going to show 'Space 1999' later. --
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 22nd 06 09:27 PM
by Stephen Go to last post
12 314
Transponder News For All Satellites by galaxyguy
If you own a non Sky digital receiver, such as Humax or Echostar, sometimes you'll find that your pretuned Radio stations have gone overnight. Anyone with a Sky Digibox will be unaware of the changes because they use the Sky EPG (which only lists some of the stations btw). An almost immediate source of news regarding changes to transponders, PIDs etc can be found each day at :...
September 22nd 06 08:47 PM
by Heracles Pollux Go to last post
1 234
Unplugging equipment overnight by Paul D
I've just bought my mother an LCD Freeview TV (Toshiba 23WLT56) and a Sony DVD/HDD Freeview recorder (HXD560). Personally I never unplug anything, but as is normal for people of her generation, she tends to unplug everything before she goes to bed! I'd like to encourage her to at least keep the TV and DVD recorder plugged in permanently (overnight updating etc), but if she does unplug things...
September 22nd 06 07:32 PM
by Paul D Go to last post
6 329
Freeview Status in South West by Hays
Hi Live in the south west and get the westcountry channels via freeview Can't get most of them today. Wondered if there was a major fault following the bad weather No neighbours in so can't check theirs Can't find anything online that shows current status of the transmitters
September 22nd 06 03:59 PM
by Mark Fraser (News) Go to last post
1 519
'Signal test' - which transducer... by AJ
When my sky digibox is on the 'signal test' screen, and showing the strength bars, which transducer* is it looking at. Specifically, which of the 4 polarities is it talking to (Low/High Horz/Vertical) Extra specifically, I'm about to put a quattro in. It might help if I only connect 1 of the 4 LNB outputs initially, but still use the digibox to prove it's working.
September 22nd 06 03:04 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
3 228
Post New Thread