Post New Thread
Cumbria going DTT only a year earlier than planned by Marky P
As I haven't noticed anyone else talking about this subject, thought I'd mention it myself. Saw it on the news a couple of days ago. Cumbria will go digital only in one years time. I was expecting the DTT switch over to be delayed, not brought forward. Anyone else have anything to say on this matter? Marky P.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 4th 06 11:29 AM
by Peter Go to last post
24 539
Captioning by Matti Lamprhey
(Sorry if this is a bit off-topic.) I use VideoReDo to edit files transferred from my Humax 9200 and burn to DVD with DVDAuthor. One feature I miss is the ability to add simple non-animated captions to these files. Is there a free tool out there? I've had a look through VideoHelp's site without spotting anything obvious. Matti
October 4th 06 11:25 AM
by Matti Lamprhey Go to last post
2 178
FS: Amstrad DRX400 Digibox by mikes
Currently 99p. Two hours to go http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330032361810&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 4th 06 12:53 AM
by Jim Watt Go to last post
14 582
ITV4 by John Porcella
What is wrong with ITV4? I have tried before to record ECL football, and when broadcast on this channel, the tape recording has contrast/brilliance that bounces up and down throughout. No trouble like this on ITV1. I use a Philips DTT decoder of On-Digital/ITV Digital days, SCARTed to a VCR.
October 4th 06 12:17 AM
by JW Go to last post
6 217
Sound Problem by Geoff Lane
I live in NW London (HA8) and tune in to Crystal Palace transmitter. Over the last few days I have had problems with the sound on my freeview box, the sound volume drops and turning the box off then on again appears to correct it. A different freeview box in a different room was also giving a problem though I haven't managed to check if it is at the same time. Anyone else had a similar problem...
October 3rd 06 07:58 AM
by Paul D.Smith Go to last post
1 125
the benefits of DTT by Bill Wright
Yet again I am surprised at how robust the DTT can be. Today I was in the middle of Leeds. There was a great big metal building in between the location and Emley Moor. Analogue reception was so ghosty that you couldn't possibly watch three of the channels. The DTT muxes looked a mangled mess on the analyser, and the BER was less than perfect with occasional dips into dreadfulness, but the TV...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 2nd 06 10:56 PM
by Bob Tidey Go to last post
16 348
Quiz channels by Sanddancer
Hopefully some good news at last: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/news/article.html?in_article_id=413193&in_page_id=2
October 2nd 06 10:32 PM
by John Porcella Go to last post
8 1,039
A BIG thank you by ~▀´tzChišk~
To all those helpful people who have helped me in my quest for 'the cinematic experience' I've learned a lot and won't feel such a numpty when visiting show rooms It's been much appreciated Thank you sheri x
October 2nd 06 09:22 PM
by ~▀´tzChišk~ Go to last post
0 181
Aquos 52" LCD LC52XD1E by ~▀´tzChišk~
I've got my eye on this product. http://www.sharp.co.uk/Product.aspx?ID=1111 Can someone pass their eye on the spec and tell me if it's good at the price? TIA sheri
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 2nd 06 09:20 PM
by ~▀´tzChišk~ Go to last post
38 1,026
Which Freeview DVD/HDD recorder should I buy? by [email protected]
I need to replace my Bush IDPVR801B which has died after 11 months, Tesco refunded my money without any hassle. I would like to replace it with a Freeview DVD/HDD recorder. What are the alternatives and which one should I buy? I already have a Topfield 5800 but would like the DVD facility for archiving programmes. David
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 2nd 06 08:03 PM
by Simon Slavin Go to last post
13 521
Old radio aerial by Bill Wright
Someone asked me to post the picture of the old radio aerial. I think it was on this group, anyway. Here it is, amongst others. http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b191/L693MKY/various/ Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 2nd 06 04:46 PM
by tony sayer Go to last post
13 460
Five's new channels testing? by Brian Wescombe
Are Five's new channels testing on digital satellite yet? Thanks in advance
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 2nd 06 08:43 AM
by Adrian A Go to last post
86 1,813
Unusual Shaped Aerial by Geoff Lane
Whilst on a recent holiday in Wales I noticed a couple of strange shaped aeials. Number one www.3lanes.dsl.pipex.com/temp/aerial1.jpg was noticed on a few rooftops in Aberyswyth, West Wales. No idea what this relates to. Number two www.3lanes.dsl.pipex.com/temp/aerial2.jpg I suspect is a flat version of a conventional yagi or log but that is only a guess. Any enlightenment would be appreciated.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 2nd 06 06:10 AM
by Prometheus Go to last post
22 943
Free view Sandy Heath by REDSKINS
Anyone else experiencing any problems with the 7 day EPG from Sandy Heath? I have a humax IDTV which will only show for the next 3 days and a humax PVR that will not pick up anything for the EPG or info, although this has not been turned on for a week or so as i use the sky+ box now. I live with a view over SandyHeath from my bedroom window so I know the mast is still there! Lee
October 2nd 06 12:42 AM
by Bruce Stewart Go to last post
2 161
PVR that can also record from NTL Cable by Steve
Hi, I'm looking for a PVR and I guess I'll get one with twin digital tuners but I also need to be able to record from NTL Cable. A USB port or some other way of getting access to the hard disk would be great too so I can watch programs on my laptop. If this is possible what machines do I need to look at?
October 2nd 06 12:37 AM
by Bruce Stewart Go to last post
4 210
Another unusual shaped aerial by Bill Wright
"Bill Wright" wrote in message news:... "Graham" wrote in message ... Aw!, how sweet, its a an old Antiference medium wave jobbie from gawd alone knows how many years ago!... Ah is that what it is supposed to be! I thought either that or something to ward off lightening, or evil
October 1st 06 11:38 PM
by Graham Go to last post
6 305
USB Freeview stick with digital text?? by Nel
Do any of these USB Freeview sticks come with the ability to display digital text? I want one for my newly aquired laptop but it is important to me to be able to view text as well as programs. TIA
3 155
Another unusual shaped aerial by Graham
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/infoweb/mystery.jpg Actually I suspect it might not be an aerial at all but I want to see what you guys make of it first. The picture isn't very clear, I only had my phone camera. Its the green thing to the right of the dishes. It appears to be a copper mesh twisted into a very distinctive spiral shape The bracket looks like a traditional shelf bracket.
October 1st 06 09:08 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
5 167
Sky box telling me Pork Pies by Dave Fawthrop
While having problems with my caravan freesat setup, I think it was rain in the coax :-( Must carry spare coax in future :-( Noticed that once one had pointed the dish at ASTRA2 and got a half way good signal, Services - system setup - Signal Test correctly showed Network ID 0002 and Transport stream 07d4. And continued to show that when the dish was pointed in the wrong
October 1st 06 04:45 PM
by Roy Go to last post
7 262
Please help me start by John Hatpin
I've recently moved into a new flat, and after years of analogue TV, with no experience of digital TV, I'm planning to buy stuff and get going. But I'm starting with zero knowledge or experience, beyond the "plug the co-ax into the video, run a co-ax from the video to the TV, run a SCART from the DVD to the TV" sort of level. Please help me! I'm marooned in technology and terms I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 1st 06 03:18 PM
by Paul D Go to last post
21 2,899