Post New Thread
Manual Enter PID by steve
Is there any Freeview Boxes that allow this apart from the Nokia 121t/221t
September 16th 06 11:33 AM
by André Coutanche Go to last post
1 240
11 ghz Terrestrial Transmission by I McD
For 21 years an organization called South Coast Community Television has been re-beaming BBC1, BBC2, HTV and Channel 4 into our corner of Southern Ireland. Initially signal was picked up off air from Presley on a hilltop in Waterford, relayed to South Cork then broadcast to subscribers ( or any one pointing an aerial in the right direction whether they paid up or not...) Up until 1994 this was...
September 16th 06 09:38 AM
by FDJ Go to last post
2 141
Drax (TOT) by Bill Wright
Other discussions have touched on the Drax protest. I just thought I ought to pass on something from this morning's paper. "Their campaign against CO2 is is a vehicle for a much more radical political agenda, however. "Our movement is based on questioning the whole basis of economic growth" said Robbie Madden . . ." So there we have it, they've admitted it. The environmental bandwagon...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 16th 06 01:34 AM
by g.harman Go to last post
224 4,649
G-Link emitters for Guide+ by [email protected]
Does anyone know what one of these 'G-Link emitters' consist of? Is it just an IR LED on a length of screened cable with a 3.5mm jack on the end? and if so which way round is it? in case they are different for different Equipment it's for a Sony RDR-HX725 DVD/HDD recorder. TIA Alan
0 175
TV Detector Vans by Nigel Percy
Hi, I was thinking about TV detector vans, didn't they use to work by picking up the signals from the scan coils in CRTs? (Tell me if I am wrong) Are they not finding it very difficult these days to 'detect' LCD / Plasma screens? What about a PC with a freeview card recording to the hard disk and then watching the MPEG later, that must be very difficult to detect. Just wondering...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 14th 06 09:10 PM
by Mike Go to last post
59 1,050
SONY VTX-D800U Freeview box probs by BORG
I can't get it to show any program listing in the menu. Is this a problem with the box or the signal being sent, but then again how to I tell which it is ? Any help please ? -- www.ratrodz.co.uk XJ900 Trike ** GS850 Trike
September 14th 06 08:59 PM
by jimbo Go to last post
1 236
Can Humax PVR9200T store normal data files? by DAB sounds worse than FM
I'm just wondering whether the Humax PVR9200T can store normal data files on the hard drive or whether it's got to be audio, video or photo files? The manual just says this about it on page 72 of the pdf file: "11.3 File Download from PC You can enjoy the music and view the photos by downloading the items from your PC to the product with 'Media-e linker' program. (USB cables used for external...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
20 865
VTD Freeview PVR by Steve
It's September and a lot of manufacturers change their model line at this time of year. I would like to get a newly obsolete (inexpensive) Freeview PVR but most of the ones on special offer seem to have come in for a fair bit of critical comment. Is there a cheapish PVR Out there that's any good? If not, what's new and hot and worth the money?
September 14th 06 03:35 PM
by Andrew Go to last post
4 181
Digital TV podcast by Sideband42
Anyone been listening to the Frequencycast podcast? This covers things like Freeview, Sky and other digital TV services. The new show just out talks about the changes at Top Up TV - It's at http://www.frequencycast.co.uk
September 14th 06 10:48 AM
by Sideband42 Go to last post
0 139
digilogic dvrw-2 dvd recorder by Dr. francois Duvalier
Does any one know if this is a rebadged version of another make? -- They can get it out of your blood, but they can't get it out of your mind. -- Charlie Parker
September 14th 06 10:17 AM
by Dr. francois Duvalier Go to last post
0 281
what happened to the Sony KDL-V32A12U ? by bugbear
This was the killer Sony "dream" 32 inch LCD telly. Best buy in all the rags. It's now an old model, according to Sony's site. http://www.sony.co.uk/product/ProductComparisonWizard.action?sectiontype=Product&site=odw_en_GB&deepestLevelCategoryId=%2FTV+Projector%2FTVP+LCD+TV# Does anyone know what (if any) is its designated succesor?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 14th 06 10:06 AM
by charles Go to last post
10 813
SAGEM HDL26TPC AXIUM TV RECEPTION by GRAEME JOHN NINNIS
I HAVE JUST BOUGHT A SAGEM LCD HDL26TP2 DIGITAL TV WITH BUILT IN FREEVIEW. IT IS CONNECTED TO MY TERRESTRIAL AERIAL VIA A VCR.IN THE EVENINGS THE SIGNAL CUTS OUT AT ABOUT 10PM MOST EVENINGS. I HAVE NEVER HAD ANY RECEPTION PROBLEMS IN THE PAST. I ACCESSED THE TECHNICAL MENU ON THE TV AND IT SAYS THAT THE SIGNAL STRENGTH IS 40% BUT THE SIGNAL QUALITY IS 98%. OTHER INFO ON THE SCREEN WAS...
September 14th 06 09:46 AM
by JW Go to last post
2 267
Sky+ system hang by Margaret Willmer
Hello, I've set sky+ to record programmes (BBC1 Casualty using "series link") whilst we've been away and both times it has recorded some but not all. I've tried both leaving the system on and on stand-by. When I try to switch the system on it has frozen requiring me to unplug the power cable and leaving it for a bit and then plugging it back in and waiting - well you probably all know...
September 13th 06 10:06 PM
by Andrew Go to last post
1 117
Slightly o/t: PC on widescreen telly by Marky P
I am now running my PC through my Samsung HD telly, which is quite fun as I'm lounging on the sofa typing this, drink in hand & reaasonaby ****ed. Now, my question is, can a PC run in widescreen without stretching? I know you can get widescreen monitors, so is there a widescreen setting on a PC or a widescreen version of Windows XP or something? Marky P. (on the Absinthe)
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 13th 06 09:38 PM
by Dave Farrance Go to last post
28 476
are signal boosters able to improve freeview reception? by David Horne, _the_ chancellor of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate
I noticed a signal booster at Wilkinsons the other day, and wonder if it might be worth trying it. I recently moved into a new flat in the centre of Manchester which has a communal aerial. The freeview reception on my old ondigital box is only good for BBC tv channels, and some others- for example Sky 3 and Sky News. (I could get all the freeview channels at my old place north of the city- a...
September 13th 06 05:45 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
4 230
Code for a Lodos DVD for a Kameleon Control? by [email protected]
Hiya. I have just recently bought a Kameleon 4 (URC 8040) remote control from Ebay -- and I have a "Lodos" DVD player. I have no idea where you can a code from for one of these cool remotes!! Ive looked high and low. Do you think Lodos are a rebrand of someone elses products e.g. LG
September 13th 06 04:18 PM
by Paul D.Smith Go to last post
1 202
Viewing Figures by [email protected]
Hi When you read about the viewing figures for tv programmes - how do they know, for example, that 3.2 million people watched one programme and 1.2 million watched another? Many thanks Martin www.gimmedosh.com
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 13th 06 01:18 PM
by Angus Rae Go to last post
13 299
BBC Mux dead in South West Region by Mark Carver
It died at 14:47hrs today http://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/transmitters/today.shtml -- Mark Please replace invalid and invalid with gmx and net to reply.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 13th 06 12:50 PM
by Dickie mint Go to last post
36 577
CD/M2 by SoWeezy
what does it mean and how important is it to the quality of an LCD TV's picture ? looking at a cheap 19" for the bedroom (£210 + vat) with following spec 19" widescreen 500:1 contrast ratio 300 CD/M2 1440 x 900 resolution
September 12th 06 07:51 PM
by Al Reynolds Go to last post
8 196
Component o/p question on Sony DVD-R by Marky P
Hi, I'm sure that when I before I bought my Sony RDR-GXD500 DVD recorder, a review stated that it didn't have component outputs. Well, looking at the back of it & in the instructions, it does have component out, but it won't switch to this output via the menu. I haven't tried using it yet, but wondered if anyone here has this machine & uses the component outputs. Cheers,
September 12th 06 07:45 PM
by Roger R Go to last post
9 181
Post New Thread