Post New Thread
The Globe is back, sort of by Agamemnon
And good riddance to those horrid dances. http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-2377125,00.html Don't like the shade of blue though. The old computerised blue and gold see-through globe from the 80's and the smoky globe from the 90's were by far the best.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 29th 06 08:13 PM
by Dom Robinson Go to last post
21 487
Toshiba DLP 50HMX96 by roohbir
I have bought a Toshiba DLP TV. It advertises as 'Integrated HDTV'. Does that mean that I don't require a separate set-top box for viewing HDTV signal (ie when I subscribe to one)? Roohbir
September 29th 06 07:25 PM
by roohbir Go to last post
4 140
Interference on DTV by [email protected]
I have recently installed DTV in my home and I'm get a lot of interference from mobile phones in the house especially when they are being used. I have upgraded the aerial and fitted double-screened coax. The LCD i have has a built-in digital tuner. I can't be sure where the interference is getting into the network (The aerial, amplifier or cabling). Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?
September 29th 06 02:03 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
2 165
attempts to reduce ghosting by Bill Wright
I looked at a new aerial today in which the installer had tried to reduce the ghosting. Between the aerial and the transmitter was a large building. The installer had carefully posiitoned the aerial in the one place where the lift motor room screened it to the rear. This was totally ineffective. It appeared that the reflected signals were a 'double bounce', coming in from the facing wall of...
September 29th 06 11:19 AM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
5 131
Pass Driving Theory Test Easy by [email protected]
Pass-Test : Driving theory test software, hazard perception software. Prepare yourself for hazard perception test with pass-test driving theory test software. Official DSA theory test question bank for car and motorcycles. http://www.pass-test.co.uk
0 140
Toshiba 32WLT66 by Gandalf Harrow
recently bought this TV and on the whole very pleased BUT it does not display all of the 1360 by 768 pixels it should do. around 150 are missing on the left hand side around 200 on the right and approx 40 at the top and bottom. I have not found a consumer adjustment for this. Does anyone know of a "hidden" engineering menu that will fix the problem. I want to see the whole picture! especially...
September 29th 06 03:21 AM
by Rob Go to last post
1 159
Digital TV reception question by Peter
Hi, My daughter has just moved in to student accomodation (London SE5) and is having a problem rx'ing digital TV from a set top aerial. An external aerial isn't a reralistic solution - can anyone advise me if a powered set top aerial woulkd be any more succesful and if so possibly recomend one?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 28th 06 10:05 PM
by Martin Durkin Go to last post
13 333
Looking for a digibox by Grey
Looking for a freeview digibox, but I want one for a TV that does not have a scart socket, but will go into a bog-standard Ariel socket. I don't want to have a scart modulator. Does such an animal exist? Graham
6 205
DiGiTV Remote reg file by Ian
Could someone using the DiGiTV PCI card with a One4all remote please send me the remote examples reg file? It's missing from the DiGiTV folder, and my remote won't work. I emailed Nebula weeks ago, and got no response. TIA. [email protected]
September 28th 06 02:10 PM
by Ian Go to last post
0 130
ITV4 by John Porcella
What is wrong with ITV4? I have tried before to record ECL football, and when broadcast on this channel, the tape recording has contrast/brilliance that bounces up and down throughout. No trouble like this on ITV1. I use a Philips DTT decoder of On-Digital/ITV Digital days, SCARTed to a VCR.
September 28th 06 12:47 PM
by John Porcella Go to last post
0 144
Digital Update by [email protected]
http://www.digital-update.com
September 28th 06 05:35 AM
by Paul Heslop Go to last post
2 152
Budget Freeview boxen by Stewart Smith
I'm looking for a simple freeview STB to use as back up if there's any delay in switching the cable over when we move house next month. I did have a Goodmans GDB5 but I gave to someone else who was in the same position but couldn't receive cable where they were moving. Anywhoo, I've been looking at the Wharfedale DV832B which is 30 quid at Argos at the moment and also at the Digihome...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 28th 06 01:09 AM
by Roger Hunt Go to last post
11 282
recording from Freesat by Geoff Bayes
We're moving shortly to a house in the middle of Cornwall. According to locals the Freeview reception is very poor, according to the BBC it's nonexistent. So I've been looking at Freesat, http://www.freesatfromsky.co.uk/?pID=1. This seems to be the same sort of deal, one-off payment and all the Freeview TV and radio channels. Are there any drawbacks? We will eventually be buying more up to...
September 27th 06 11:19 PM
by {{{{{Welcome}}}}} Go to last post
3 181
ntl - digibox - monitor by mark nuttall
Can anybody suggest any help. I want cable TV (got a digital ntl box that's not been reclaimed) to be used for freeview channels) on my PC monitor. Here goes:- Had ntl tv and b/band. Now only b/band (splitter taken out and straight thru connector supplied). What I want to do (hopefully!):- ntl cable (back) into splitter. One side to PC b/band (as before)
September 27th 06 09:25 PM
by BJ Go to last post
1 282
TUTV PictureBox by John Porcella
I got an e-mail telling me that, in future, for those with the forthcoming TUTV Anytime boxes, Universal will be making its films available for download for 5 per month. Something like seven films will sit on the hard drive at any one time. I have to admit that this does sound useful if the films are of good quality. -- MESSAGE ENDS. John Porcella
September 27th 06 09:09 PM
by Alan Go to last post
7 162
Smartlink dropout? by [email protected]
I have a Sony VTX-D800U freeview receiver connected to a Sony RDR-HX510 PVR via Smartlink. I can set the receiver to record and the Smartlink connection sets off the PVR recording when the programme starts. However, sometimes - say, every few weeks - the Smartlink signal drops out and recordings are missed. Does anyone know anything about Smartlink or how I can solve this?
0 159
Belgian Satellite TV in France by Andereida
I thought of Bill last week while watching a young couple, who were camping in France, attempting to tune their TV dish to a satellite. We were picnicking on the banks of the River Marne near Epernay when this car, with Belgian number plates, towing a newish-looking caravan arrived and set up nearby. Soon a dish was appeared on the roof and the man with a compass in hand was shouting...
September 27th 06 06:55 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
7 240
What will happen.......... by Doctor D
It's just occurred to me (it probably occurred to others ages ago) that after analogue switch off and with the demise of analogue tuners on TV's etc - how will we distribute Sky and the VCR etc around the house? Like many many others I use the Sky RF2 socket to send Sky and analogue UHF around the house. Has any thought been give to this for the future? We'll all be okay initially, but then...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 27th 06 06:48 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
21 586
Odd things happening with RGB input by Marky P
Hi!!!!! My mate's got a Sony rear projection telly & has been using his DVD player through the RGB input fine. But now he has moved house, wierd things are happening on the RGB input. The picture seems to have drifted to the left (noticeable on te DVD menus as writing is cut off) & the picture has a green hue. Any ideas? DVD player through composite is fine. Marky P.
September 27th 06 06:10 PM
by Marky P Go to last post
4 194
Satellite TV on computer by Mike O'Sullivan
Some time ago A friend demonstrated to me some software enabling apparently thousands of TV channels to be received over the internet. Can't remember what the software was called. Has anybody had any experience of similar software and can recommend any please?
September 27th 06 02:01 PM
by Mike O'Sullivan Go to last post
2 214
Post New Thread