Post New Thread
Humax PVR 9200T software by Madge O'Reene
I installed the transfer s/w yesterday (e-link?) and I'm shocked at how bad it is. First of all, lots of my recordings contain colons in their file names. I can't transfer these as a colon is an illegal character in a filename. But when I try to rename it using the s/w, i doesn't offer any error message, it just plainly ignores my request! With a hundred or so files to transfer, I don't want to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 19th 06 10:16 AM
by David Hearn Go to last post
18 748
BBC by ric_n
What does everyone think of the BBC these days as an organisation? Is it in its creative prime? Or are its glory days over?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 19th 06 08:05 AM
by Richard Brooks Go to last post
39 739
ITV to shut down Thursday 01:00hrs ? by Mark Carver
My mother in law has just phoned me. She's off on holiday tomorrow, and was setting her PVR for two week's worth of upcoming tat on ITV. She says that she cannot see any event on ITV-1, 2, or 3's EPG beyond 01:00hrs Thursday (21st). I've just checked my receivers; Toppy, Sony, and Alba and it's the same. Is this a national, regional, or Hannington only problem ?
September 18th 06 09:41 PM
by Graham Go to last post
4 173
Online source for Pace dgibox manuals? by Nigel Andrews
I am looking for a Pace 2200 manual online if any one can help me? I have a manual for a 2600 and I guess the info isn't much different. Thanks Nigel
September 18th 06 04:25 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
1 167
finding the satellite by Bill Wright
There has been some discussion recently about the difficulties of aligning a satellite dish without professional test equipment. I hope the following technique will be of use. Initially the object of the exercise is to find due south, from which the exact bearing of the desired satellite can be extrapolated. This can be done using a good quality wris****ch or other timepiece, even in fog or...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 18th 06 01:21 PM
by Phil Cook Go to last post
29 611
Sony 28 or 32 inch CRT tvs by Terry
Hi Is it possible to still buy these new ? None of my local shops stock crt anymore. Regards
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 18th 06 01:16 PM
by Pyriform Go to last post
12 756
extract from an email to my son by Bill Wright
" . . . he rambles on rather a lot but seems OK. It appears that he has bought a new telly that is sucking all the signal out of the aerial (with it being modern and more powerful like) and making the other tellys snowy. It sounds as if he has an aerial feeding a chain of splitters, or something. I suggested a new aerial feeding a dist amp with new downleads but alas he has spend all his...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 18th 06 12:54 PM
by Nick Go to last post
14 273
HDMI to DVI-I by [email protected]
"Anthony R. Gold" wrote in message ... I'm new to this - please help me with some pointers. When I connect a Sky HD box via HDMI to a Panasonic TV I get both video and sound. So HDMI includes video and audio. But when I connect the Sky HD box to a Philips TV (which had no HDMI input and uses a DVI-I input via ...
September 18th 06 11:30 AM
by Mal Franks Go to last post
2 121
Ping Humax 9200 owners - software update alert. by JPG
Apparently version 1.00.08 is on the website for download. OTA broadcast TBA.
September 18th 06 10:14 AM
by Pyriform Go to last post
4 152
GSM and GPRS,CAMEL, INAP ,camel tutorials by Ahsan
A comprehensive source of GSM and GPRS tutorials absolutely for Free ProtoKol Property tutorials http://www.pkproperty.net \ explain all GSM and GPRS Scenarios with the help of traces - while reading, you see the packets of communication. One of its own kind to clear your GSM and GPRS Concepts...
September 18th 06 07:55 AM
by Ahsan Go to last post
0 131
Connecting my set top box to a hi-fi by [email protected]
This is probably a really basic question so apologies. I've got a sagem set top box and I'm trying to connect it to my tv but send the audio to my hi-fi amp. I've only got a scart out on the set top box so is there a lead available that will send the picture to the tv's scart input and the audio to a line in on my amp? If there is such a lead then maybe a helpful soul could tell me where I can...
September 17th 06 11:09 PM
by Richard Watkinson Go to last post
7 292
Indoor digital aerials by Tim Rogers
Have a TV in our kitchen which is linked to our freeview box via a 'wireless' link. However, the sound quality is rather poor. I notice that you can get indoor aerials that are suitable for digital reception. How good are these aerials and would anyone here recommend any particular type? Tim
September 17th 06 08:18 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
6 623
Philips DTR1500 - software revision? by Clem Dye
I've just dug my old Philips DTR1500 Freeview box out of the back of a cupboard for use in the kitchen. The box is running fine, but the software is pretty old - revision 032 I think. Do Philips still send-out updates for this box? I seem to recall seeing details on the DTG website some time ago but never paid a lot of attention. What's the latest/final version please? Did Philips ever...
September 17th 06 05:24 PM
by David Go to last post
1 222
Disappointing TVs by Richard Tobin
I'm planning to buy a new TV, at least 26". I want one with a digital tuner built-in - our analogue reception is poor, but digital is fine, and I plan to use it with a PVR with a single digital tuner. I looked at the LCD and plasma TV in John Lewis, and they're all terrible, except the ones playing HD material which is no use to me. They all looked noticeably worse than our existing TV, which...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 17th 06 10:22 AM
by tony sayer Go to last post
17 388
sky remote codes by SoWeezy
having trouble finding the code for my TV, have tried all the Samsung codes I could find on the sky site, and others, but none work the model is SM940MW (LS19DOCSS or LS19D0CSS) any help would be appreciated thanks
September 16th 06 10:43 PM
by Nigel Cliffe Go to last post
1 172
Consumer tests of 23 set top boxes and digital TV recorders by www.ricability-digitaltv.org.uk
Just released online - independent tests of products www.ricability-digitaltv.org.uk Ricability (Research Institute for Consumer Affairs) founded by Which? more than 40 years ago. a national research charity providing strictly independent consumer research and information. Research was carried out with Intertek RTC at Milton Keynes www.intertek.com.
September 16th 06 09:09 PM
by Tony Stanley Go to last post
5 397
Possible to get free to view channels through redundant sky dish? by [email protected]
There's a sky dish on the roof of the building connected to the flat I'm in. I'm using a Humax PVR box, with rubbish reception on an indoor ariel. Is it possible to use the old Sky dish to receive good digital reception? Any help MUCH appreciated!
September 16th 06 08:34 PM
by Prometheus Go to last post
8 308
Output from Intergrate Freeview Bush TV by [email protected]
A friend has an integrated Bush RF6694D freeview digtial TV and I'm trying to connect it to a DVD recorder, so that they can record freeview channels. However, there doesn't appear to be an anywhere on the TV that has an output socket to connect it to the DVD recorder. Can anyone recommend a way that they can record digital TV on to their DVD recorder? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
September 16th 06 08:24 PM
by Tony Stanley Go to last post
8 296
Five's New Digital Channels by {{{{{Welcome}}}}}
Email I received today from Five: Seems they are still confused with the term Free To Air, and appears those in Ireland (and other European countries) must obtain a FTV card from UK sources to view the channels. ------------------- Thank you for your most recent enquiry. We apologise for the delay in responding.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 16th 06 05:24 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
19 313
NTL free TV by Brian Wescombe
Have any NTL phone line users got their free NTL TV box? What's the number to call to arrange for installation? Thanks in advance
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 16th 06 04:34 PM
by {{{{{Welcome}}}}} Go to last post
30 775