Post New Thread
Quiz channels by Sanddancer
Hopefully some good news at last: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/news/article.html?in_article_id=413193&in_page_id=2
October 2nd 06 10:32 PM
by John Porcella Go to last post
8 1,009
A BIG thank you by ~▀´tzChišk~
To all those helpful people who have helped me in my quest for 'the cinematic experience' I've learned a lot and won't feel such a numpty when visiting show rooms It's been much appreciated Thank you sheri x
October 2nd 06 09:22 PM
by ~▀´tzChišk~ Go to last post
0 171
Aquos 52" LCD LC52XD1E by ~▀´tzChišk~
I've got my eye on this product. http://www.sharp.co.uk/Product.aspx?ID=1111 Can someone pass their eye on the spec and tell me if it's good at the price? TIA sheri
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 2nd 06 09:20 PM
by ~▀´tzChišk~ Go to last post
38 963
Which Freeview DVD/HDD recorder should I buy? by [email protected]
I need to replace my Bush IDPVR801B which has died after 11 months, Tesco refunded my money without any hassle. I would like to replace it with a Freeview DVD/HDD recorder. What are the alternatives and which one should I buy? I already have a Topfield 5800 but would like the DVD facility for archiving programmes. David
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 2nd 06 08:03 PM
by Simon Slavin Go to last post
13 492
Old radio aerial by Bill Wright
Someone asked me to post the picture of the old radio aerial. I think it was on this group, anyway. Here it is, amongst others. http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b191/L693MKY/various/ Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 2nd 06 04:46 PM
by tony sayer Go to last post
13 422
Five's new channels testing? by Brian Wescombe
Are Five's new channels testing on digital satellite yet? Thanks in advance
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 2nd 06 08:43 AM
by Adrian A Go to last post
86 1,714
Unusual Shaped Aerial by Geoff Lane
Whilst on a recent holiday in Wales I noticed a couple of strange shaped aeials. Number one www.3lanes.dsl.pipex.com/temp/aerial1.jpg was noticed on a few rooftops in Aberyswyth, West Wales. No idea what this relates to. Number two www.3lanes.dsl.pipex.com/temp/aerial2.jpg I suspect is a flat version of a conventional yagi or log but that is only a guess. Any enlightenment would be appreciated.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 2nd 06 06:10 AM
by Prometheus Go to last post
22 895
Free view Sandy Heath by REDSKINS
Anyone else experiencing any problems with the 7 day EPG from Sandy Heath? I have a humax IDTV which will only show for the next 3 days and a humax PVR that will not pick up anything for the EPG or info, although this has not been turned on for a week or so as i use the sky+ box now. I live with a view over SandyHeath from my bedroom window so I know the mast is still there! Lee
October 2nd 06 12:42 AM
by Bruce Stewart Go to last post
2 151
PVR that can also record from NTL Cable by Steve
Hi, I'm looking for a PVR and I guess I'll get one with twin digital tuners but I also need to be able to record from NTL Cable. A USB port or some other way of getting access to the hard disk would be great too so I can watch programs on my laptop. If this is possible what machines do I need to look at?
October 2nd 06 12:37 AM
by Bruce Stewart Go to last post
4 198
Another unusual shaped aerial by Bill Wright
"Bill Wright" wrote in message news:... "Graham" wrote in message ... Aw!, how sweet, its a an old Antiference medium wave jobbie from gawd alone knows how many years ago!... Ah is that what it is supposed to be! I thought either that or something to ward off lightening, or evil
October 1st 06 11:38 PM
by Graham Go to last post
6 295
USB Freeview stick with digital text?? by Nel
Do any of these USB Freeview sticks come with the ability to display digital text? I want one for my newly aquired laptop but it is important to me to be able to view text as well as programs. TIA
3 149
Another unusual shaped aerial by Graham
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/infoweb/mystery.jpg Actually I suspect it might not be an aerial at all but I want to see what you guys make of it first. The picture isn't very clear, I only had my phone camera. Its the green thing to the right of the dishes. It appears to be a copper mesh twisted into a very distinctive spiral shape The bracket looks like a traditional shelf bracket.
October 1st 06 09:08 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
5 155
Sky box telling me Pork Pies by Dave Fawthrop
While having problems with my caravan freesat setup, I think it was rain in the coax :-( Must carry spare coax in future :-( Noticed that once one had pointed the dish at ASTRA2 and got a half way good signal, Services - system setup - Signal Test correctly showed Network ID 0002 and Transport stream 07d4. And continued to show that when the dish was pointed in the wrong
October 1st 06 04:45 PM
by Roy Go to last post
7 255
Please help me start by John Hatpin
I've recently moved into a new flat, and after years of analogue TV, with no experience of digital TV, I'm planning to buy stuff and get going. But I'm starting with zero knowledge or experience, beyond the "plug the co-ax into the video, run a co-ax from the video to the TV, run a SCART from the DVD to the TV" sort of level. Please help me! I'm marooned in technology and terms I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 1st 06 03:18 PM
by Paul D Go to last post
21 2,819
how cheap are lcd tvs going to get? by Unknown
ok so ebuyer are now punting 32" lcds for under ú400, well 1p under but still it looks like the early adopter market seems to be getting saturated and these units are hitting the mass market. anyway generic 32" crts seem to hover about the ú200 price point and assuming the new lcds will reach the limit of peoples living rooms what price do you guys recon the generic lcds will settle at in the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 1st 06 01:47 PM
by Dr Zoidberg Go to last post
10 502
Plasma or LCD (but not DLP)) by ~▀´tzChišk~
Hi all I hope you can help Sorry if this has been asked before, but I've only just been recommended this newsgroup by someone from another newsgroup and have only just subscribed I'm looking to get a 50' wall mountable HD ready LCD or Plasma TV within the next month or so I've researched the net for comparisons;. pros and cons of each etc and find
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 30th 06 07:03 PM
by Pyriform Go to last post
69 1,603
New 40" Samsung tv, sky probs with sound???? by Andy E
I have just purchased a 40" Samsung digital lcd TV, fitted to sky + in living room. I also have 26" Samsung Lcd TV fitted on my other sky box in bedroom. I am having same problem with both on sound through both sky boxes. When the news for example comes on or there is speech commentary on a sky channel the sound is very crackly and distorted??? Once a program comes on , like a film for...
September 30th 06 04:29 PM
by Andy E Go to last post
0 158
Will DAT 75 get to the bottom of poor reception on ITV/C4...? by [email protected]
Recently had my old analogue aerial changed for a wideband digital aerial. Also had omni FM and DAB aerials added to the mast. Got great reception on BBC but pixellation and spluttering on ITV/C4 (on Reigate or Crystal Palace). Have Wolsey 6-way amplifier in loft, BUT before you ask, all the following problems are neither improved nor appreciably worsened if i connect UHF downlead DIRECT to a TV...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 30th 06 02:28 PM
by Dave Farrance Go to last post
36 584
NTL box question by Brian Wescombe
Can anyone with an NTL digital STB confirm that they support RGB output through SCART? Also, do they have stereo audio output connectors and/or optical digital outputs? Thanks in advance
September 30th 06 08:56 AM
by Steve Go to last post
5 230
Toshiba WLT66 32" or Sony V2000 32" LCD? by [email protected]
What Hifi states that the Sony V2000 is the best 32" LCD, and Toshiba WLT66 the second best. However, the Sony costs some ú1,100 and the Toshy only ú720. Does anyone know if it's worth paying ú380 extra for a screen with a Sony badge and one less HDMI input?
September 30th 06 07:21 AM
by Rob Go to last post
3 166
Post New Thread