Post New Thread
What's the quality of BBC HD like? by DAB sounds worse than FM
And has the quality changed at all recently? -- Steve - www.digitalradiotech.co.uk - Digital Radio News & Info Find the cheapest Freeview & DAB prices: http://www.digitalradiotech.co.uk/freeview/freeview_receivers.php http://www.digitalradiotech.co.uk/dab/dab_radios.php
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 13th 06 10:41 PM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
26 448
Will a US HDTV work in the UK? by [email protected]
I have a LCD HDTV, which supports 1080i 720p (but this is 60hz format) 1. Will this work in the UK - with Freeview? 2. Will this work in the UK - with Sky Digital or Telewest? The main concern I have is with the TV supporting 60hz (as opposed to 50Hz for UK ) Full specs: http://www.amazon.com/Sony-BRAVIA-KLVS32A10-HD-Ready-Television/dp/B000A2K40Y
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 13th 06 07:46 PM
by Simon Slavin Go to last post
22 603
Help with Cinergy XS USB TV and Mac OS-X by Steve
I was told by Terratec support that their Cinergy range are PC and Mac compatible. However, when receiving the box, all the software is PC. There is also little mention of how to actually install it! Does anyone know what I've got to do to get this working on my Mac? (OS X) Thanks, Steve :)
October 13th 06 07:01 PM
by Steve Go to last post
0 318
Annoying by .
Hello I have an annoying bippppp when I change my sky box to channels 107, 110 and 111 it only happens with my tv that is connected via RF , with another tv in the other room next to the box via scart is OK What can it be? TIA
October 13th 06 06:03 PM
by {{{{{Welcome}}}}} Go to last post
1 140
Sony DTTV recorder by Jim Lesurf
I'm posting this partly to inform anyone who might be interested, and also to see if others have a similar experience... I've used a Philips DVDR for the last 2-3 years. This has RGB scart input as well as output, so I have used it to record DTTV broadcasts with my Nokia 221T box. When it works properly, the recorder gives good results. However it sometimes makes a mess of a recording, and also...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 13th 06 04:00 PM
by Jukka Aho Go to last post
26 581
What is PQ? by Slitheen
I'm researching a cheapish but decent HDTV I have my eyes on, and reading several reviews, they say the "PQ is very good"....what exactly is PQ? (Usually said when discussing the use of an Xbox 360 with it) Thanks for helping out a poor, helpless noobie. :)
October 13th 06 03:57 PM
by Slitheen Go to last post
2 185
How will it happen? Anologue off, digital on? by David
There is a great thread going on digital high power. But I'm wondering how it will happen. Take Emley Moor for an example. Present high power anologue, possible reduction in power nearer we get to switch off in order to make the equipment last untill switch off day. Present low power digital transmitters. Future new high power equipment supplied, does it get tested once installed? ( would...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 13th 06 02:58 PM
by Roger Hunt Go to last post
54 965
Leeds Piano festival, BBC Four by [email protected]
A (late) reminder that you can hear yet more classical music from the BBC, at 256kbps mp2 (i.e. good quality) on BBC Four throughout this week and weekend. 7pm ish (the exact time varies) each day, including Sunday. Leeds Piano festival. I believe that pictures are also provided, alongside the good quality audio. The wonders of technology!
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
17 430
Poor DVD Picture by Geoff Lane
I've got a loft distribution system feeding 3 TVs. My main TV is a Philips 24inch CRT and has a Sky dish connection. For some reason my Philips DVD player gives a poor picture when played through this TV, there is a heringbone effect on the screen and I cannot seem to rectify it. The Sky box and a video player both give an excellent picture and the DVD player, when played through another TV...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 12th 06 05:24 PM
by Geoff Lane Go to last post
16 377
DVB-T Hard Disk / DVD-R recorder for 219.99 by Adrian B
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=97186&TabID=1&source=1&doy=4m9 Only a single tuner, but for the mythical PVR with DVD-R, that sounds like a bargain. It's a "Yamada" - Does anyone have any experience of their stuff? Is this likely to be a crash-a-minute job ? Adrian B
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 11th 06 04:47 PM
by etillet Go to last post
11 427
Wiring TV to Home Cinema by scamper
I've got a Philips 9631 with 2 HDMI connections and I've just bought a Philips Home Theatre System with HDMI output. I've connected the theatre system to the TV via HDMI and it plays DVDs great. The question I have is how to get sound from the TV or Sky to come out of the home theatre system. The manual that came with the theatre system seems to say that by selecting TV on the remote control...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 11th 06 09:25 AM
by Paul D.Smith Go to last post
14 359
Stop Bio-TERROR in America: The Government of Torture! by [email protected]
AMERICA IN DANGER of its own out-of-control Bio-Terror: Is 1984 here? Or cripping... God help us, blinded! Originally Secret Bio-Aerosols are misused to HARM and Torture in U.S.A. Tempering with pills/ medicine/ treatments to HARM and DISABLE ! Our government needs TORTURE in U.S.? See details below... It has your VOTE, support? Abused... ...
October 10th 06 09:47 PM
by Paul Heslop Go to last post
1 176
IM ASKING FOR DONATIONS FOR HEART SURGERY by Bazzer Smith
"mike" wrote in message ... hello i always figured this would never happen to me but my heart is having serious issuses do to a birth defect (i was born with a hole in my heart)and need money to have the surgery to get the hole fix so i am asking for donations to help with the cost since i dont...
October 10th 06 08:06 PM
by Dom Robinson Go to last post
3 168
(THIS IS SO REAL PEOPLE) IM ASKING FOR DONATIONS FOR HEART SURGERY by Gendy
Sorry about this Mike ,but this is what the Clinton's wanted for the US but the AMA and the other vested interests like the insurance companies torpedoed it... The National Health Service of the United States.... "Universally free at the point of need" "Over your dead body!"..... George Walker Bush...
October 10th 06 04:53 PM
by Gendy Go to last post
0 188
Television X PID's by Bill Wright
"strax" wrote in message ... Seeing as Red Hot TV has closed down on Freeview, does anyone have the PID's for Television X. This is for educational purposes only of course You're going to start a wanking school? Bill
October 9th 06 05:41 PM
by BillL Go to last post
4 1,136
Latest TVs Pose Recycling Problem by galaxyguy
For someone just about the spend a huge sum on a new Plasma TV I thought they might be interested to know of future problems one day way off in the distant future. I noticed at our local Council Recycling Tip, which is vast and well organised that they have a large open bin for used CRT PC Monitors and also for CRT TVs. Sadly, there was a beautiful large Sony sitting in the bottom of the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 9th 06 04:20 PM
by Virgils Ghost Go to last post
14 401
No picture on Freeview - just the "press red" image in the corner by Ade
I've got a few Freeview devices, including a Humax 9200T PVR and a Humax LGB26T-PVR television. The latter has recently developed a problem: On Cbeebies, there's no picture, just sound and a "press red" thingy. If I press teh "info" button, the picture appears but the programme information remains on the screen. Anyone else found this problem recently (all was fine until the last few days)? Any...
October 9th 06 02:48 PM
by John Rumm Go to last post
2 178
BBC1 Colour by Rod L.
Has anyone else noticed stronger colours on BBC1 than any other channel (Analogue). The Blues and Reds are very strong. I'm receiving from Sandy Heath and notice this on all our TV's in the house. DVB-T is fine. Rod.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 9th 06 01:02 PM
by Dave Farrance Go to last post
28 539
Watch funny videos for free by [email protected]
Visit www.roaringcamp.quickfreehost.com and watch funnny videos for free on your computer, broad band connection required. You will giggle the rest of the day!
0 145
new channels by Trevor Wright
Is the roll out of the new channels and channels numbers happening at the same time everywhere? I have rescanned on my Panasonic digital TV and it finds Film Four on 29, but nothing else new or changed. Film Four remains on 31 as well. Should I be doing something else? -- Trevor Wright
October 8th 06 09:13 PM
by Peter Go to last post
9 211
Post New Thread