Post New Thread
commercial advertisement: Bill's eBay sale by Bill Wright
Yes, you lucky people! I'm on eBay again, selling all sorts of gear. In particular I'm flogging one of my analysers. http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQfrppZ25QQfrtsZ25QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQsassZtvaerialguy Bill
September 23rd 06 12:15 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
7 614
Luxor LCD TVs by Paul D
I've been looking around for a 23 inch Freeview LCD for my mother. On browsing the Empire Direct website I've found a brand called Luxor, which I've never heard of. There's nothing on the net about them and they are only sold through Empire. However, their 23 inch freeview TV is around 100 pounds cheaper than the equivalent Toshiba, which I was planning to buy! The Luxor costs only 375...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 23rd 06 09:32 AM
by Roland Rodgers Go to last post
20 24,943
Do I need a digital Aerial? by Darren
Hi, I have recently moved into a house that has a rooftop aerial that is probably around twenty years old. Its connectedto a five way splitter/amplifier in the loft with the old style brown coax, only one connection (to the living room) is used, but all the others are plugged in. I have bought a digital set top box and hooked it up to my tv, initially I couldnt get much, just a few BBC channels...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 23rd 06 08:57 AM
by Alan Go to last post
28 1,865
Five's new channels (again!) by Brian Wescombe
My original post went somewhat off-track LOL. So, does anyone know if Five's new channels are testing on digital satellite yet??
September 23rd 06 12:17 AM
by Richard Watkinson Go to last post
2 160
Six New DTT Channels by John Porcella
I own an old OD/ITV Digital box (Philips) and performed an 'Add Channels' last night. I am on the Crystal Palace transmitter. I was surprised to note six new channels: TUTV Anytime 1, 2 and 3, ITV1 HD Trial, Channel 4 HD Trial and Five HD Trial. None of them are showing anything that I can see. However, I noticed that ITV1 HD was going to show 'Space 1999' later. --
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 22nd 06 09:27 PM
by Stephen Go to last post
12 306
Transponder News For All Satellites by galaxyguy
If you own a non Sky digital receiver, such as Humax or Echostar, sometimes you'll find that your pretuned Radio stations have gone overnight. Anyone with a Sky Digibox will be unaware of the changes because they use the Sky EPG (which only lists some of the stations btw). An almost immediate source of news regarding changes to transponders, PIDs etc can be found each day at :...
September 22nd 06 08:47 PM
by Heracles Pollux Go to last post
1 227
Unplugging equipment overnight by Paul D
I've just bought my mother an LCD Freeview TV (Toshiba 23WLT56) and a Sony DVD/HDD Freeview recorder (HXD560). Personally I never unplug anything, but as is normal for people of her generation, she tends to unplug everything before she goes to bed! I'd like to encourage her to at least keep the TV and DVD recorder plugged in permanently (overnight updating etc), but if she does unplug things...
September 22nd 06 07:32 PM
by Paul D Go to last post
6 315
Freeview Status in South West by Hays
Hi Live in the south west and get the westcountry channels via freeview Can't get most of them today. Wondered if there was a major fault following the bad weather No neighbours in so can't check theirs Can't find anything online that shows current status of the transmitters
September 22nd 06 03:59 PM
by Mark Fraser (News) Go to last post
1 509
'Signal test' - which transducer... by AJ
When my sky digibox is on the 'signal test' screen, and showing the strength bars, which transducer* is it looking at. Specifically, which of the 4 polarities is it talking to (Low/High Horz/Vertical) Extra specifically, I'm about to put a quattro in. It might help if I only connect 1 of the 4 LNB outputs initially, but still use the digibox to prove it's working.
September 22nd 06 03:04 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
3 221
BBC News24 etc. - no signal from Rowridge by Graham W
As subject really, went off at 1703bst and hasn't been seen since. All high numbered LCNs from Auntie appear off air but lower ones like Three and Four plus 1 and 2 are Ok. Anyone know what's happening? -- Graham W http://www.gcw.org.uk/ PGM-FI page updated, Graphics Tutorial WIMBORNE http://www.wessex-astro.org.uk/ Wessex Astro Society's Website
September 22nd 06 10:22 AM
by Graham W Go to last post
2 158
TUTV Anytime's preview channel. by PGG
If the daft wassocks at TitsUpTV can't even get the aspect ratio of their preview channel correct (it's currently sent as a 16:9 letterboxed inside a 4:3 frame, but that has the widescreen flag also set), how are they going to persuade anyone to part with their cash for this service? Will anyone pay for it apart from the numpties who hang around Digital Spy?
September 22nd 06 09:27 AM
by Stephen Go to last post
1 122
The dreaded 'Telewaste Silver Remote' by Andy_D
Just been given one of these as a replacement, plus a new SA box and of course I can no longer control the volume on the box. Whats the problem? I hear you cry, Use the TV volume! The problem is I use a projector and have always found it useful to turn down and mute the cable box (and have done for the past 5 years - why do these companies remove features when you get supposedly 'newer' kit???)....
September 21st 06 10:11 PM
by Graham Go to last post
2 134
Recording freeview channels by Rainbow
Hey, apologies if this has been posted before, I've had a quick look around but couldn't see anything. My TV is a Bush RF6694D with built in freeview and I've always had trouble trying to record off any freeview channels. My video is a Bush Model VCR 905SIL/A and the TV,Video and DVD player came as a set. I can easily record off channels 1,2,3,4 and 5 but have had no success with freeview and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 21st 06 12:24 PM
by Pyriform Go to last post
12 512
Anyone Here Using NTL TVDrive? by Alan Greenwood
I'm considering a cheap TV/phone/broadband package deal from NTL, and would be interested in stories both good and bad. How does it compare to Sky+? Thanks in advance. ------------------------------------------------------- Please do NOT use the email address in the headers - it is a spam-trap. Please respond to the newsgroup only. -------------------------------------------------------
September 21st 06 08:59 AM
by Stewart Smith Go to last post
3 179
Humax HD DTT PVR by Paul Schofield
Interesting - Humax were showing a 2 tuner hi definition digital terrestrial set-top box for the UK market (Hi-Duovision) at the recent IBC show. Difficult to tell how advanced this product was as it wasn't connected to a TV - but none of the boxes on their stand were. Still to show just a future product suggests that behind it all there must be some real work going on with the expectation of...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 20th 06 07:20 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
14 859
Extra Five on Freeview? by David
Hi, Are they on Freeview yet? If so what numbers, please? -- Regards, David Please reply to News Group
September 20th 06 12:50 PM
by André Coutanche Go to last post
1 130
Movie theaters c.1940 - using 'electronic' projectors [repost] by David
Just for fun. http://groups.google.com/group/alt.tv.tech.hdtv/browse_frm/thread/ 20def2ae1bd218a4/b5a1dd48122054f3?lnk=st&q=&rnum=1&hl=en#b5a1dd48122054f3 Anyone out there still using their venerable 1946 RCA RPTV? ;-)
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 20th 06 11:59 AM
by David Go to last post
23 495
Channel 4 - No EPG Sunday! by Heracles Pollux
29/01/2006, and neither my Pace DTVA nor Topfield TF5800PVR are picking up EPG data for Channel 4. All other channels are working correctly. It has been annoying as I've had to manually programme the PVR to capture Stargate and Startrek. I would have thought that omitting a working EPG for a day makes very bad
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 20th 06 11:53 AM
by David Taylor Go to last post
59 705
Small TVs/PC monitors that have coaxial input by Ed
Hi there I am looking for a TV/monitor to go in the kitchen, I dont need it to be able to do anything apart from display a tv signal via coaxial cable, but I am confused as to why I can get a 17" widescreen PC monitor for £149 but cant get a TV that size for under £280. Any recommendations? It has to be widescreen as it will take the same feed as the bedroom TV from the RF2 out on the digibox...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 19th 06 07:15 PM
by Ed Go to last post
10 594
Feltham Channels on Freeview by David
Anyone know what the 6 Feltham channels will be used for? Dave
September 19th 06 06:24 PM
by charles Go to last post
3 570
Post New Thread