Post New Thread
Video to PC by Yaz
How can I trasfer a short film to my computer. I am unable to play the DVD on my computer but it plays on the DVD player it was originally recorded on. Yaz
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 22nd 06 10:38 AM
by Adrian C Go to last post
27 594
Wireless Cable Info by Tenk
Visit www.WirelessCableService.com
November 22nd 06 03:36 AM
by Tenk Go to last post
0 164
Al Jazeera English by Dave Fawthrop
Any one know if Al Jazeera English http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/6BB60A7B-C169-4762-87ED-415752862B5E.htm is going to be FTA like Arabic Al Jazeera? http://www.wickonline.com/fta.htm has not caught up with reality ;-( -- Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk Sat Ch4, Ch5, only GBP20 http://www.freesatfromsky.com - "what is freesat?" - "view T&C" -
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 22nd 06 03:05 AM
by Steve Terry Go to last post
34 833
My communal aerial system by Marky P
I know you are all familiar with my own aerial install on the side of my flat using a loft lance & No More Nails? Anyway, I'm thinking of nipping up into the loft soon to see why the communal aerial system don't work. When the tely is connected to the coax socket on the wall, the coax cable acts as the aerial. So either there is no aerial at the end of the cable or the distribution amp has...
November 21st 06 08:02 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
8 355
Recomend DVD-RAM discs for Panasonic DMREZ25 by Slitheen
Could someone with a Panasonic DMREZ25 Freeview DVD recorder (or any of this current crop of Panasonic Diga DVD recorders or DVD recorders/HDD/VCR combi units) please recommend a particular brand of DVD-RAM media that they have had particularly good success with? Although this line from Panasonic is renowned for its excellent support of multi-format discs, I've found there's usually a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 21st 06 07:01 PM
by Sean B Go to last post
19 746
Panny DMREX75 HDMI upscaling question. by Slitheen
Looking at the manual for the Panasonic DMREX75 (that I am getting tomorrow), I am confused about the whole upscaling function. The setting for Progressive 'on' and 'off', and nearly all mentions of 'progressive' in the manual, are discussed in the context of using component out. Now I intend to connect to my HD Ready TV via HDMI for the upscaled output of 720p and 1080i respectively...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 21st 06 03:47 AM
by Slitheen Go to last post
13 467
BBC to help pensioners go digital by rbel
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6155518.stm -- rbel
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 21st 06 12:18 AM
by Roderick Stewart Go to last post
75 2,344
OT - DVD rental recommendation? by bugbear
Does anyone have a string recommendation of a web/mail order DVD rental service? I don't want $ky, but my local (and only) physical shop (BlockBuster) is now insane. High Prices (4.50 for 2 nights of the latest disc) and tiny back catalogue.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 20th 06 11:01 PM
by AD C Go to last post
12 493
newbie questions on 46 inch lcd by edwardo
Hi I have just ordered Samsung LE46M53BDX (1442) online but before it is delivered I was wondering do I need any special cables etc. I have sky tv and a dvd recorder to be conected to the tv and will I be able to set it up myself. Thanks for any info from Eddie
November 20th 06 10:21 PM
by Roger Hunt Go to last post
6 278
Shots of my latest bodged aerial job :-) by Marky P
Hi, As requested by Tony, here are the pics of the aerial job I did a couple of weeks ago. It's the one on the nightclub. http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b339/M4rkyP1/2006_1118aerial0030.jpg http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b339/M4rkyP1/2006_1118aerial0031.jpg
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 20th 06 09:34 PM
by Marky P Go to last post
26 617
Grundig GUVCD2800 DTV by David Pratt
I have a Grundig GUVCD2800 DTV (28-inch wide screen), bought from Tesco at 195 about a month ago. I am very pleased with its performance apart from the slowness at which the remote control seems to operate. The firmware is at version 2.1 and the receiver checks for updates when it enters sleep mode before going into full standby. Also, if the TV is left on standby overnight, it checks for...
November 20th 06 03:50 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
1 808
RECEPTION PROBLEMS - must apply to all? by 999Rider
Dear Group, I live in an area with poor aerial reception (believe it or not in Surrey!). There is no freeview (Meridian not due to 2012) and having just upgraded to a 42inch plasma the picture is appalling. I returned the first TV to Comet believing something was wrong with it but the 2nd is just as bad (Hitatchi plasma). I think this is a classic case of poor reception suddenly really coming to...
November 20th 06 01:13 PM
by Nick Austin Go to last post
6 219
PC Software for Humax 9200T by Stuart Grimshaw
I've had my 9200T for a few months, and I long since lost the CD that came with it ... is there any where I can downoad it from? I've had a look here : http://www.humaxdigital.com/hcsa/Download/Products/PVR-9200T.asp but it all seems to be firmware for the unit itself ... or have I missed something?
November 20th 06 01:10 PM
by Stuart Grimshaw Go to last post
3 335
TUTV Anytime just a channel-holder? by Dave Farrance
I've just looked at the TUTV Anytime offering. Do you know of anybody that got a subscription? It can't be a serious offering, surely? It looks to me as though they've worked out the absolute-minimum cost solution for maintaining the use of the bandwidth without it being blatantly obvious to all that they've given up. I guess that they intend to make their money from auctioning their windfall of...
November 20th 06 11:17 AM
by AD C Go to last post
3 228
OT - All DAB receivers to be obsolete - DAB is dead by DAB sounds worse than FM
DAB has adopted the AAC+ audio codec and stronger error correction coding: http://www.worlddab.org/upload/uploaddocs/WorldDMBPress%20Release_November.pdf Ignore the spin in the article about the UK not switching to using AAC+ - we will switch to using the AAC+ codec, and all existing DAB receivers will eventually be made obsolete. Receivers that support the new DAB standard will come on sale...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 20th 06 11:09 AM
by AD C Go to last post
265 5,153
LCD Freview TV With Built-In PVR by [email protected]
Hi, After a little information: I'm after a Freeview LCD TV with integral DVD player (shouldn't be a problem) and integral HDD PVR (haven't seen one yet). Are these made yet? and if so please can I have a few recommendations. I realise that I can just buy a normal LCD/DVD combo and plug in a twin head PVR but I'm limited on space where I need this to go and it really needs to look nice and neat...
November 19th 06 08:39 PM
by Prometheus Go to last post
1 196
Aldi LCD for christmas by Grim
Can anyone tell me how good the spec of this TV looks to those of you who understand these things - I know there is no price yet however maybe u could suggest what price would be fair for this TV. http://uk.aldi.com/sunday_special_buys/productnl_461.html thanks grim
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 19th 06 07:34 PM
by Zimmy Go to last post
17 393
So where have ITV put I'm A Celebrity live? by Agamemnon
Can't find it on and of the ITV channels so what's up. Does no one want to watch it or are ITV so sick that they want to fill up all night with their gaming con channels?
November 18th 06 11:39 PM
by Agamemnon Go to last post
5 182
PC to go under the telly. by Colin Stamp
Hi all, Having got fed-up with the general crumminess of my Hauppauge Media MVP thingy, I've decided to re-arrange my network a bit and put a PC in the lounge to act mainly as a file server and MP3 player, but also as a basic gaming machine for the kids. The idea is to buy components and screw them to a wooden board to go in the glass-fronted cabinet under my oldish, cheapish CRT TV which will...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 18th 06 11:28 PM
by Colin Stamp Go to last post
11 371
New TV time, but none are good enough ! by norm
My 28 inch 4:3 tube TV is well overdue for replacing and I've been carefully comparing and contrasting LCDs and Plasmas in the sheds. Looks to me like, at the moment anyway, plasma wins hands down and I've come the conclusion that when you compare them side by side the LG models are far superior, particularly in terms of colour rendition. So there I am, in Curry's. I ask for the remote so I can...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 18th 06 04:06 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
15 452