Post New Thread
Sony UPDATE by Agamemnon
My Sony STB just updated today to version 1.14.02 U.
October 7th 06 11:46 PM
by johnnysaint Go to last post
3 296
Goodmans GDB4G - Remote control problem. by Dave
On Sat, 07 Oct 2006 09:19:28 +0100, wrote: Remote control stops operating after 15 minutes or so of the GDB4G being used. Batteries changed to no avail. Disconnect GDB4G from mains supply for a few minutes to overnight has no effect on problem. Anyone else suffering similarly with the GDB4G? Have you checked there are no buttons sticking down?
October 7th 06 05:42 PM
by Dave Go to last post
0 172
Pacific PSTB remote control code by Ian Cather
I have changed the batteries for my Pacific PSTB and cannot now turn the box on. I'm thinking the remote control has reset and needs to be setup again. The PSTB box will not turn on from the button on the front, so I really need to get this sorted. 5 channel TV is simply useless. Can anyone advise if there is a code that needs to be used on the remote control, and what the code is? ...
October 7th 06 03:45 PM
by Ian Cather Go to last post
0 153
How to dimantle a Multimo? by Somebody
Has anyone pulled apart a Multimo satellite dish and put it back together again? I need to replace the lnb, but for the life of me I can't see how to get the old one off! Has anyone tried this successfully? I would have tried contacting Zehnder if my german was any good, but alas it is not.
October 7th 06 09:18 AM
by Tro.Jan Go to last post
4 177
IDTV under 100 by Paul
After searching high and low for a 14" or similar IDTV, my son has now bought what we found to be the cheapest option, surprisingly from a mail order catalogue! He looked at the Acoustic Solutions LCD IDTV in Argos at 199 which was kindly suggested on this NG, but he has limited spending power so he went for the cheaper option. The Orion 14" CRT set is advertised with Marshall Ward...
October 7th 06 07:54 AM
by Chris Leuty Go to last post
1 177
Film4, Sleepy Hollow, CP - poor reception? by Paul D.Smith
Anyone watch "Sleepy Hollow" last night from Crystal Palace? If so, did you get quite a number of lost frames (screen goes totally black) and occasional drop outs? My normally happy Freeview seemed very out of sorts watching this last night. Thanks, Paul DS.
October 7th 06 01:26 AM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
8 189
Screen pixel resolution query by Frank Stacey
An LCD TV which was vvery cheap attracted my attention. I noted that the screen had a physical resolution of ???? x 768 pixels. The figure of 768 lines got me thinking. What is the pixel resolution of current digital broadcasts? How important, in determining overall picture quality, is the mechanism by which broadcast resolutions are mapped onto the physical resolution of the screen? Do...
October 6th 06 11:31 AM
by Paul D.Smith Go to last post
1 128
Sky Menu Clicking Noise by Mike J
Hi New to this group and looking for help please. I've just bought a Sony 46 LCD TV and have had no problem setting it up to my Sony home cinema DVD and panasonic Sky+ decoder.
October 6th 06 07:51 AM
by Mike J Go to last post
0 135
No Mux 2 and poor reception on MUX A by Cuzman
I've just moved into a place with a communal aerial in the heart of central London (Clerkenwell). My Topfield TF5800PVR picks up more channels when I run the 5V option up the aerial, but I still get no Mux 2 channels at all, and poor reception at best (almost unwatchable) on MUX A. Any advice on what the best solution is? So far I've only run it straight from the aerial with no booster of...
October 5th 06 10:43 PM
by John Porcella Go to last post
5 240
Strange teletext problem by -
Had a weird experience today. Got called back to a job I did a week ago with the problem described as teletext not working properly. Immediately thought they had pulled the lead half out or something, because I had replaced the aerial & cable and the signals were spot on. Got there and the signal at the outlet was as I left it - perfect. Minimum analogue signal was +7dBmV and maximum was...
October 5th 06 05:10 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
9 313
Deal or no deal by Agamemnon
Ok, it looks like Robin Hood is going to air on October 7th so what I'd like to know is if the production company Tiger Aspect played a game of "Deal or no deal" to ransom back the missing tapes or if not how did the piece the series together ?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 4th 06 10:12 PM
by Dom Robinson Go to last post
14 339
ITV1 Central South sub-region by Doctor D
Can someone please confirm which ITV1 sub-region they receive from Oxford and Ridge Hill on DTTV? A letter in our local paper is alleging that on DTTV and Sky, Cotswold villages such as Stow, Moreton and Chipping Campden are receiving Central West (Birmingham) on digital and Central South on analogue. I presume some of these villages use Lark Stoke and get West on all ITV1 channels, others...
October 4th 06 07:10 PM
by Brian Wescombe Go to last post
8 223
Freeview LCNs by Nick Austin
It looks like Freeview channels 28-36 have rearranged themselves. ITV 4, Film4, E4+1, ITV Play and Quiz Call have moved and there are new channels called Five US and Five Life. When did this happen and is there a complete list of the new LCNs anywhere? Nick.
October 4th 06 06:29 PM
by Trevor Wright Go to last post
6 253
Epilogue Take 2: Sony Trinitron Scart Input Problem - Finally nailed by mlv
On 21 March 2006, I wrote in message ... I have an old Sony Trinitron Model: KV-X2152U (S/N:4008372) 21" TV. Recently I purchased a Sony VTX-D800U Digital Receiver so I could receive Freeview channels. Unfortunately there is a problem with the television picture when I am watching the Freeview channels. Basically, the picture keeps breaking up....
October 4th 06 12:50 PM
by Steve Parry Go to last post
8 229
Cumbria going DTT only a year earlier than planned by Marky P
As I haven't noticed anyone else talking about this subject, thought I'd mention it myself. Saw it on the news a couple of days ago. Cumbria will go digital only in one years time. I was expecting the DTT switch over to be delayed, not brought forward. Anyone else have anything to say on this matter? Marky P.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 4th 06 11:29 AM
by Peter Go to last post
24 520
Captioning by Matti Lamprhey
(Sorry if this is a bit off-topic.) I use VideoReDo to edit files transferred from my Humax 9200 and burn to DVD with DVDAuthor. One feature I miss is the ability to add simple non-animated captions to these files. Is there a free tool out there? I've had a look through VideoHelp's site without spotting anything obvious. Matti
October 4th 06 11:25 AM
by Matti Lamprhey Go to last post
2 167
FS: Amstrad DRX400 Digibox by mikes
Currently 99p. Two hours to go http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330032361810&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 4th 06 12:53 AM
by Jim Watt Go to last post
14 560
ITV4 by John Porcella
What is wrong with ITV4? I have tried before to record ECL football, and when broadcast on this channel, the tape recording has contrast/brilliance that bounces up and down throughout. No trouble like this on ITV1. I use a Philips DTT decoder of On-Digital/ITV Digital days, SCARTed to a VCR.
October 4th 06 12:17 AM
by JW Go to last post
6 197
Sound Problem by Geoff Lane
I live in NW London (HA8) and tune in to Crystal Palace transmitter. Over the last few days I have had problems with the sound on my freeview box, the sound volume drops and turning the box off then on again appears to correct it. A different freeview box in a different room was also giving a problem though I haven't managed to check if it is at the same time. Anyone else had a similar problem...
October 3rd 06 07:58 AM
by Paul D.Smith Go to last post
1 116
the benefits of DTT by Bill Wright
Yet again I am surprised at how robust the DTT can be. Today I was in the middle of Leeds. There was a great big metal building in between the location and Emley Moor. Analogue reception was so ghosty that you couldn't possibly watch three of the channels. The DTT muxes looked a mangled mess on the analyser, and the BER was less than perfect with occasional dips into dreadfulness, but the TV...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 2nd 06 10:56 PM
by Bob Tidey Go to last post
16 328