Post New Thread
Budget Freeview boxen by Stewart Smith
I'm looking for a simple freeview STB to use as back up if there's any delay in switching the cable over when we move house next month. I did have a Goodmans GDB5 but I gave to someone else who was in the same position but couldn't receive cable where they were moving. Anywhoo, I've been looking at the Wharfedale DV832B which is 30 quid at Argos at the moment and also at the Digihome...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 28th 06 01:09 AM
by Roger Hunt Go to last post
11 281
recording from Freesat by Geoff Bayes
We're moving shortly to a house in the middle of Cornwall. According to locals the Freeview reception is very poor, according to the BBC it's nonexistent. So I've been looking at Freesat, http://www.freesatfromsky.co.uk/?pID=1. This seems to be the same sort of deal, one-off payment and all the Freeview TV and radio channels. Are there any drawbacks? We will eventually be buying more up to...
September 27th 06 11:19 PM
by {{{{{Welcome}}}}} Go to last post
3 176
ntl - digibox - monitor by mark nuttall
Can anybody suggest any help. I want cable TV (got a digital ntl box that's not been reclaimed) to be used for freeview channels) on my PC monitor. Here goes:- Had ntl tv and b/band. Now only b/band (splitter taken out and straight thru connector supplied). What I want to do (hopefully!):- ntl cable (back) into splitter. One side to PC b/band (as before)
September 27th 06 09:25 PM
by BJ Go to last post
1 274
TUTV PictureBox by John Porcella
I got an e-mail telling me that, in future, for those with the forthcoming TUTV Anytime boxes, Universal will be making its films available for download for 5 per month. Something like seven films will sit on the hard drive at any one time. I have to admit that this does sound useful if the films are of good quality. -- MESSAGE ENDS. John Porcella
September 27th 06 09:09 PM
by Alan Go to last post
7 150
Smartlink dropout? by [email protected]
I have a Sony VTX-D800U freeview receiver connected to a Sony RDR-HX510 PVR via Smartlink. I can set the receiver to record and the Smartlink connection sets off the PVR recording when the programme starts. However, sometimes - say, every few weeks - the Smartlink signal drops out and recordings are missed. Does anyone know anything about Smartlink or how I can solve this?
0 153
Belgian Satellite TV in France by Andereida
I thought of Bill last week while watching a young couple, who were camping in France, attempting to tune their TV dish to a satellite. We were picnicking on the banks of the River Marne near Epernay when this car, with Belgian number plates, towing a newish-looking caravan arrived and set up nearby. Soon a dish was appeared on the roof and the man with a compass in hand was shouting...
September 27th 06 06:55 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
7 231
What will happen.......... by Doctor D
It's just occurred to me (it probably occurred to others ages ago) that after analogue switch off and with the demise of analogue tuners on TV's etc - how will we distribute Sky and the VCR etc around the house? Like many many others I use the Sky RF2 socket to send Sky and analogue UHF around the house. Has any thought been give to this for the future? We'll all be okay initially, but then...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 27th 06 06:48 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
21 561
Odd things happening with RGB input by Marky P
Hi!!!!! My mate's got a Sony rear projection telly & has been using his DVD player through the RGB input fine. But now he has moved house, wierd things are happening on the RGB input. The picture seems to have drifted to the left (noticeable on te DVD menus as writing is cut off) & the picture has a green hue. Any ideas? DVD player through composite is fine. Marky P.
September 27th 06 06:10 PM
by Marky P Go to last post
4 182
Satellite TV on computer by Mike O'Sullivan
Some time ago A friend demonstrated to me some software enabling apparently thousands of TV channels to be received over the internet. Can't remember what the software was called. Has anybody had any experience of similar software and can recommend any please?
September 27th 06 02:01 PM
by Mike O'Sullivan Go to last post
2 206
Subtitles by Matt Overton
Is it me or is it a bit **** the way you can't switch subtitles on and off at will on cable and satellite??? Whilst my freeview boxes and freeview telly both have nice shortcuts on the remote, you've got to go all the way through a bloody pain in the arse menu to do it with telewest and sky.....
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 26th 06 09:58 PM
by Trevor Wright Go to last post
12 244
Wideformat DVD on Wide LCD by [email protected]
Hi, I guess I am a newbie who just got widescreen lcd. My question are Wide format dvd supposed to be "full screen" in 16:9 LCD? WHen I play full screen version DVD it display on full screen. If I play wide screen, it leaves edges on top and bottom of screen like 4:3. Is that normal? Or is there something wrong with my DVD player (I got Philips DVP642. I changed tv format to 16:9 in the dvd...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 25th 06 09:02 PM
by Dom Robinson Go to last post
35 1,192
Philips DVDR3305 trashes an entire disc by Stephen
I had nearly 6 hours of recordings on a DVD and then decided to use the last 20 minutes of free space for something else. Out of the blue my screen went blank in the middle of the recording, then the recorder said "timer" because it had switched itself off. When I switched it back on again it said the disc was blank. I knew the Philips DVDR3305 could fail to write the table of contents at...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 25th 06 04:13 PM
by mike Go to last post
25 748
Top Up TV misleading promo? by Steve
Having just watched the promo on channel 41, two things suprise me. Firstly, I can watch what I want when I want. Yes, but only if TopupTv have decided 1st that I might want to watch it. What if there's a programme on one of their 'channels' that I want to watch and they haven't picked it for download. I have no choice so therefore I cannot watch what I want. You can, pause, rewind and...
September 25th 06 09:23 AM
by LeeJS Go to last post
6 138
How to prepare video from DVD to TS by Denis +Rider+ Sukhorukov
We have video streaming server Kasenna media base. To prepare video film from DVD we use Canopus Pro Coder, but it is taking too long time... Is somewhere soft or hardware for prepare faster DVD disk (programm stream) to kasenna server (transport stream) and change bitrate video/audio. Someone have Kasenna server?
September 25th 06 04:06 AM
by Denis +Rider+ Sukhorukov Go to last post
0 114
Smallish IDTVs, are they available yet? by Paul
I keep looking out for an LCD IDTV for the bedroom, i.e. about 14" screen, all neatly in one box, just one remote control, and they still seem to be very rare. Anyway, I looked in Currys.digital today (ex-Dixons) and sure enough there were none to be had on the TV displays and I asked the spotty youth who confirmed there were none, however then I noticed that there was a 15" Ferguson LCD TV...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 24th 06 04:42 PM
by Kim Bowers Go to last post
16 987
Freeview? by Dave
Is the term 'Freeview' still relevent to describe terrestial digital TV? My on-screen channel listing shows: 40 TV programmes (free and viewable) 25 radio channels (free but not viewable) 15 subscription channels (viewable but not free) plus about 8 text channels Topup TV seems to be the next big thing, but it hardly falls into the category of 'free'.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 24th 06 04:12 PM
by Jukka Aho Go to last post
22 373
what will happen . . . (re-sent message) by Bill Wright
Did this message appear on anyone's screen yesterday? I think my computer is acting daft. When I post it keeps saying that's failed to post a message that I sent months ago, and sometimes I think it doesn't in fact post messages. Does anyone know why this error message keeps popping up? Incidentally, I never see my own messages. "Bill Wright" wrote in message...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 24th 06 11:42 AM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
10 270
Wireless Cable Info by [email protected]
Visit www.WirelessCableService.com
September 24th 06 09:51 AM
by Paul Heslop Go to last post
5 127
digi-box set up problem (newbie) by Frank Stacey
Helped a friend to connect his new digi-box this evening. The installation instructions were extremely noddy. We connected the wires as instructed and switched on. Lo and behold we had a good looking picture BUT it was not aligned correctly on the screen but appeared as 4 quadrants with a wide black cross separating them plus the whole lot scrolled slowly left to right across the screen. ...
September 24th 06 08:33 AM
by Frank Stacey Go to last post
8 246
Sony incompatability... with Sony by [email protected]
I have a KV-2762UB Sony television (1988, but an excellent picture). About 3 weeks ago, I bought a Sony VTX-D800U Freeview box, thinking all would be well. About the same time, I started having trouble with my VCR - it only gave monochrome images on my TV. I've just realised that the problem is the Freeview remote control. Use of any button on it causes the TV to interpret the message as...
3 195
Post New Thread

Display Options
Showing threads 10081 to 10100 of 19344