Post New Thread
BBC to help pensioners go digital by rbel
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6155518.stm -- rbel
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 21st 06 12:18 AM
by Roderick Stewart Go to last post
75 2,311
OT - DVD rental recommendation? by bugbear
Does anyone have a string recommendation of a web/mail order DVD rental service? I don't want $ky, but my local (and only) physical shop (BlockBuster) is now insane. High Prices (4.50 for 2 nights of the latest disc) and tiny back catalogue.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 20th 06 11:01 PM
by AD C Go to last post
12 483
newbie questions on 46 inch lcd by edwardo
Hi I have just ordered Samsung LE46M53BDX (1442) online but before it is delivered I was wondering do I need any special cables etc. I have sky tv and a dvd recorder to be conected to the tv and will I be able to set it up myself. Thanks for any info from Eddie
November 20th 06 10:21 PM
by Roger Hunt Go to last post
6 269
Shots of my latest bodged aerial job :-) by Marky P
Hi, As requested by Tony, here are the pics of the aerial job I did a couple of weeks ago. It's the one on the nightclub. http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b339/M4rkyP1/2006_1118aerial0030.jpg http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b339/M4rkyP1/2006_1118aerial0031.jpg
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 20th 06 09:34 PM
by Marky P Go to last post
26 597
Grundig GUVCD2800 DTV by David Pratt
I have a Grundig GUVCD2800 DTV (28-inch wide screen), bought from Tesco at 195 about a month ago. I am very pleased with its performance apart from the slowness at which the remote control seems to operate. The firmware is at version 2.1 and the receiver checks for updates when it enters sleep mode before going into full standby. Also, if the TV is left on standby overnight, it checks for...
November 20th 06 03:50 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
1 802
RECEPTION PROBLEMS - must apply to all? by 999Rider
Dear Group, I live in an area with poor aerial reception (believe it or not in Surrey!). There is no freeview (Meridian not due to 2012) and having just upgraded to a 42inch plasma the picture is appalling. I returned the first TV to Comet believing something was wrong with it but the 2nd is just as bad (Hitatchi plasma). I think this is a classic case of poor reception suddenly really coming to...
November 20th 06 01:13 PM
by Nick Austin Go to last post
6 211
PC Software for Humax 9200T by Stuart Grimshaw
I've had my 9200T for a few months, and I long since lost the CD that came with it ... is there any where I can downoad it from? I've had a look here : http://www.humaxdigital.com/hcsa/Download/Products/PVR-9200T.asp but it all seems to be firmware for the unit itself ... or have I missed something?
November 20th 06 01:10 PM
by Stuart Grimshaw Go to last post
3 322
TUTV Anytime just a channel-holder? by Dave Farrance
I've just looked at the TUTV Anytime offering. Do you know of anybody that got a subscription? It can't be a serious offering, surely? It looks to me as though they've worked out the absolute-minimum cost solution for maintaining the use of the bandwidth without it being blatantly obvious to all that they've given up. I guess that they intend to make their money from auctioning their windfall of...
November 20th 06 11:17 AM
by AD C Go to last post
3 220
OT - All DAB receivers to be obsolete - DAB is dead by DAB sounds worse than FM
DAB has adopted the AAC+ audio codec and stronger error correction coding: http://www.worlddab.org/upload/uploaddocs/WorldDMBPress%20Release_November.pdf Ignore the spin in the article about the UK not switching to using AAC+ - we will switch to using the AAC+ codec, and all existing DAB receivers will eventually be made obsolete. Receivers that support the new DAB standard will come on sale...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 20th 06 11:09 AM
by AD C Go to last post
265 5,012
LCD Freview TV With Built-In PVR by [email protected]
Hi, After a little information: I'm after a Freeview LCD TV with integral DVD player (shouldn't be a problem) and integral HDD PVR (haven't seen one yet). Are these made yet? and if so please can I have a few recommendations. I realise that I can just buy a normal LCD/DVD combo and plug in a twin head PVR but I'm limited on space where I need this to go and it really needs to look nice and neat...
November 19th 06 08:39 PM
by Prometheus Go to last post
1 190
Aldi LCD for christmas by Grim
Can anyone tell me how good the spec of this TV looks to those of you who understand these things - I know there is no price yet however maybe u could suggest what price would be fair for this TV. http://uk.aldi.com/sunday_special_buys/productnl_461.html thanks grim
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 19th 06 07:34 PM
by Zimmy Go to last post
17 377
So where have ITV put I'm A Celebrity live? by Agamemnon
Can't find it on and of the ITV channels so what's up. Does no one want to watch it or are ITV so sick that they want to fill up all night with their gaming con channels?
November 18th 06 11:39 PM
by Agamemnon Go to last post
5 173
PC to go under the telly. by Colin Stamp
Hi all, Having got fed-up with the general crumminess of my Hauppauge Media MVP thingy, I've decided to re-arrange my network a bit and put a PC in the lounge to act mainly as a file server and MP3 player, but also as a basic gaming machine for the kids. The idea is to buy components and screw them to a wooden board to go in the glass-fronted cabinet under my oldish, cheapish CRT TV which will...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 18th 06 11:28 PM
by Colin Stamp Go to last post
11 364
New TV time, but none are good enough ! by norm
My 28 inch 4:3 tube TV is well overdue for replacing and I've been carefully comparing and contrasting LCDs and Plasmas in the sheds. Looks to me like, at the moment anyway, plasma wins hands down and I've come the conclusion that when you compare them side by side the LG models are far superior, particularly in terms of colour rendition. So there I am, in Curry's. I ask for the remote so I can...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 18th 06 04:06 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
15 433
Goodbye QuizCall, Hello Film4+1 by Andy Burns
Well on Freeview anyway, don't know if quizcall survives on sat/cable, but it doesn't deserve to ...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 18th 06 01:40 AM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
12 311
BBC Parliament now full screen by Agamemnon
BBC Parliament has just become full screen on my STB on channel 802 while the quarter screen version is still there but has been relabelled 305. What is going on ? Channel 302 looks like it might now be shared.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 17th 06 02:55 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
14 441
OT Flatscreen with adjustable resolution - ever? by BillL
Hello all, Just musing really but is there ever likely to be a flat screen technology (say in the next 30 years) that allows different resolutions with no loss in image quality? Its the one thing I miss now that I use a LCD PC monitor instead of a CRT one - the ability to change resolutions, without stretching or compressing the image. Or is this limitation inherent in all flat screen...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 17th 06 02:34 PM
by Jukka Aho Go to last post
12 402
Automatic tune-in program by Scott
Is there a new feature in TV used in the UK that tunes in programs, i.e., BBC1, BBC2, BBC4, etc. automatically? Can someone introduce it to me. Thanks, Scott
November 16th 06 10:16 PM
by Graham Go to last post
2 150
No event display on Sony 800U! by aa
In Horse.trader wrote: Having just retuned my Sony VTXD800U freeview box, I no longer get event display, or any other programme information apart from the usual station ID top left hand corner, no EPG programme guide at all! Living in Huddersfield I pick up Emely Moor transmitter, anyone any ideas please?
November 16th 06 09:56 PM
by Horse.trader Go to last post
7 305
Video Sender with UHF output by Victor Delta
I want to use a video sender to connect to a TV set which only has a UHF (coax) input and no separate video inputs. Went to Argos to buy one but none of the ones I saw had UHF outputs. Does anyone know of one please? Thanks, V
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 16th 06 09:43 PM
by Ian Jackson Go to last post
46 1,059