Post New Thread
Plasma or LCD (but not DLP)) by ~tzChik~
Hi all I hope you can help Sorry if this has been asked before, but I've only just been recommended this newsgroup by someone from another newsgroup and have only just subscribed I'm looking to get a 50' wall mountable HD ready LCD or Plasma TV within the next month or so I've researched the net for comparisons;. pros and cons of each etc and find
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 30th 06 07:03 PM
by Pyriform Go to last post
69 1,570
New 40" Samsung tv, sky probs with sound???? by Andy E
I have just purchased a 40" Samsung digital lcd TV, fitted to sky + in living room. I also have 26" Samsung Lcd TV fitted on my other sky box in bedroom. I am having same problem with both on sound through both sky boxes. When the news for example comes on or there is speech commentary on a sky channel the sound is very crackly and distorted??? Once a program comes on , like a film for...
September 30th 06 04:29 PM
by Andy E Go to last post
0 154
Will DAT 75 get to the bottom of poor reception on ITV/C4...? by [email protected]
Recently had my old analogue aerial changed for a wideband digital aerial. Also had omni FM and DAB aerials added to the mast. Got great reception on BBC but pixellation and spluttering on ITV/C4 (on Reigate or Crystal Palace). Have Wolsey 6-way amplifier in loft, BUT before you ask, all the following problems are neither improved nor appreciably worsened if i connect UHF downlead DIRECT to a TV...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 30th 06 02:28 PM
by Dave Farrance Go to last post
36 558
NTL box question by Brian Wescombe
Can anyone with an NTL digital STB confirm that they support RGB output through SCART? Also, do they have stereo audio output connectors and/or optical digital outputs? Thanks in advance
September 30th 06 08:56 AM
by Steve Go to last post
5 219
Toshiba WLT66 32" or Sony V2000 32" LCD? by [email protected]
What Hifi states that the Sony V2000 is the best 32" LCD, and Toshiba WLT66 the second best. However, the Sony costs some 1,100 and the Toshy only 720. Does anyone know if it's worth paying 380 extra for a screen with a Sony badge and one less HDMI input?
September 30th 06 07:21 AM
by Rob Go to last post
3 161
The Globe is back, sort of by Agamemnon
And good riddance to those horrid dances. http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-2377125,00.html Don't like the shade of blue though. The old computerised blue and gold see-through globe from the 80's and the smoky globe from the 90's were by far the best.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 29th 06 08:13 PM
by Dom Robinson Go to last post
21 467
Toshiba DLP 50HMX96 by roohbir
I have bought a Toshiba DLP TV. It advertises as 'Integrated HDTV'. Does that mean that I don't require a separate set-top box for viewing HDTV signal (ie when I subscribe to one)? Roohbir
September 29th 06 07:25 PM
by roohbir Go to last post
4 136
Interference on DTV by [email protected]
I have recently installed DTV in my home and I'm get a lot of interference from mobile phones in the house especially when they are being used. I have upgraded the aerial and fitted double-screened coax. The LCD i have has a built-in digital tuner. I can't be sure where the interference is getting into the network (The aerial, amplifier or cabling). Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?
September 29th 06 02:03 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
2 159
attempts to reduce ghosting by Bill Wright
I looked at a new aerial today in which the installer had tried to reduce the ghosting. Between the aerial and the transmitter was a large building. The installer had carefully posiitoned the aerial in the one place where the lift motor room screened it to the rear. This was totally ineffective. It appeared that the reflected signals were a 'double bounce', coming in from the facing wall of...
September 29th 06 11:19 AM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
5 124
Pass Driving Theory Test Easy by [email protected]
Pass-Test : Driving theory test software, hazard perception software. Prepare yourself for hazard perception test with pass-test driving theory test software. Official DSA theory test question bank for car and motorcycles. http://www.pass-test.co.uk
0 138
Toshiba 32WLT66 by Gandalf Harrow
recently bought this TV and on the whole very pleased BUT it does not display all of the 1360 by 768 pixels it should do. around 150 are missing on the left hand side around 200 on the right and approx 40 at the top and bottom. I have not found a consumer adjustment for this. Does anyone know of a "hidden" engineering menu that will fix the problem. I want to see the whole picture! especially...
September 29th 06 03:21 AM
by Rob Go to last post
1 155
Digital TV reception question by Peter
Hi, My daughter has just moved in to student accomodation (London SE5) and is having a problem rx'ing digital TV from a set top aerial. An external aerial isn't a reralistic solution - can anyone advise me if a powered set top aerial woulkd be any more succesful and if so possibly recomend one?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 28th 06 10:05 PM
by Martin Durkin Go to last post
13 312
Looking for a digibox by Grey
Looking for a freeview digibox, but I want one for a TV that does not have a scart socket, but will go into a bog-standard Ariel socket. I don't want to have a scart modulator. Does such an animal exist? Graham
6 198
DiGiTV Remote reg file by Ian
Could someone using the DiGiTV PCI card with a One4all remote please send me the remote examples reg file? It's missing from the DiGiTV folder, and my remote won't work. I emailed Nebula weeks ago, and got no response. TIA. [email protected]
September 28th 06 02:10 PM
by Ian Go to last post
0 126
ITV4 by John Porcella
What is wrong with ITV4? I have tried before to record ECL football, and when broadcast on this channel, the tape recording has contrast/brilliance that bounces up and down throughout. No trouble like this on ITV1. I use a Philips DTT decoder of On-Digital/ITV Digital days, SCARTed to a VCR.
September 28th 06 12:47 PM
by John Porcella Go to last post
0 139
Digital Update by [email protected]
http://www.digital-update.com
September 28th 06 05:35 AM
by Paul Heslop Go to last post
2 149
Budget Freeview boxen by Stewart Smith
I'm looking for a simple freeview STB to use as back up if there's any delay in switching the cable over when we move house next month. I did have a Goodmans GDB5 but I gave to someone else who was in the same position but couldn't receive cable where they were moving. Anywhoo, I've been looking at the Wharfedale DV832B which is 30 quid at Argos at the moment and also at the Digihome...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 28th 06 01:09 AM
by Roger Hunt Go to last post
11 281
recording from Freesat by Geoff Bayes
We're moving shortly to a house in the middle of Cornwall. According to locals the Freeview reception is very poor, according to the BBC it's nonexistent. So I've been looking at Freesat, http://www.freesatfromsky.co.uk/?pID=1. This seems to be the same sort of deal, one-off payment and all the Freeview TV and radio channels. Are there any drawbacks? We will eventually be buying more up to...
September 27th 06 11:19 PM
by {{{{{Welcome}}}}} Go to last post
3 176
ntl - digibox - monitor by mark nuttall
Can anybody suggest any help. I want cable TV (got a digital ntl box that's not been reclaimed) to be used for freeview channels) on my PC monitor. Here goes:- Had ntl tv and b/band. Now only b/band (splitter taken out and straight thru connector supplied). What I want to do (hopefully!):- ntl cable (back) into splitter. One side to PC b/band (as before)
September 27th 06 09:25 PM
by BJ Go to last post
1 272
TUTV PictureBox by John Porcella
I got an e-mail telling me that, in future, for those with the forthcoming TUTV Anytime boxes, Universal will be making its films available for download for 5 per month. Something like seven films will sit on the hard drive at any one time. I have to admit that this does sound useful if the films are of good quality. -- MESSAGE ENDS. John Porcella
September 27th 06 09:09 PM
by Alan Go to last post
7 150
Post New Thread