Post New Thread
Poor DVD Picture by Geoff Lane
I've got a loft distribution system feeding 3 TVs. My main TV is a Philips 24inch CRT and has a Sky dish connection. For some reason my Philips DVD player gives a poor picture when played through this TV, there is a heringbone effect on the screen and I cannot seem to rectify it. The Sky box and a video player both give an excellent picture and the DVD player, when played through another TV...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 12th 06 05:24 PM
by Geoff Lane Go to last post
16 362
DVB-T Hard Disk / DVD-R recorder for 219.99 by Adrian B
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=97186&TabID=1&source=1&doy=4m9 Only a single tuner, but for the mythical PVR with DVD-R, that sounds like a bargain. It's a "Yamada" - Does anyone have any experience of their stuff? Is this likely to be a crash-a-minute job ? Adrian B
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 11th 06 04:47 PM
by etillet Go to last post
11 406
Wiring TV to Home Cinema by scamper
I've got a Philips 9631 with 2 HDMI connections and I've just bought a Philips Home Theatre System with HDMI output. I've connected the theatre system to the TV via HDMI and it plays DVDs great. The question I have is how to get sound from the TV or Sky to come out of the home theatre system. The manual that came with the theatre system seems to say that by selecting TV on the remote control...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 11th 06 09:25 AM
by Paul D.Smith Go to last post
14 332
Stop Bio-TERROR in America: The Government of Torture! by [email protected]
AMERICA IN DANGER of its own out-of-control Bio-Terror: Is 1984 here? Or cripping... God help us, blinded! Originally Secret Bio-Aerosols are misused to HARM and Torture in U.S.A. Tempering with pills/ medicine/ treatments to HARM and DISABLE ! Our government needs TORTURE in U.S.? See details below... It has your VOTE, support? Abused... ...
October 10th 06 09:47 PM
by Paul Heslop Go to last post
1 162
IM ASKING FOR DONATIONS FOR HEART SURGERY by Bazzer Smith
"mike" wrote in message ... hello i always figured this would never happen to me but my heart is having serious issuses do to a birth defect (i was born with a hole in my heart)and need money to have the surgery to get the hole fix so i am asking for donations to help with the cost since i dont...
October 10th 06 08:06 PM
by Dom Robinson Go to last post
3 162
(THIS IS SO REAL PEOPLE) IM ASKING FOR DONATIONS FOR HEART SURGERY by Gendy
Sorry about this Mike ,but this is what the Clinton's wanted for the US but the AMA and the other vested interests like the insurance companies torpedoed it... The National Health Service of the United States.... "Universally free at the point of need" "Over your dead body!"..... George Walker Bush...
October 10th 06 04:53 PM
by Gendy Go to last post
0 178
Television X PID's by Bill Wright
"strax" wrote in message ... Seeing as Red Hot TV has closed down on Freeview, does anyone have the PID's for Television X. This is for educational purposes only of course You're going to start a wanking school? Bill
October 9th 06 05:41 PM
by BillL Go to last post
4 1,126
Latest TVs Pose Recycling Problem by galaxyguy
For someone just about the spend a huge sum on a new Plasma TV I thought they might be interested to know of future problems one day way off in the distant future. I noticed at our local Council Recycling Tip, which is vast and well organised that they have a large open bin for used CRT PC Monitors and also for CRT TVs. Sadly, there was a beautiful large Sony sitting in the bottom of the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 9th 06 04:20 PM
by Virgils Ghost Go to last post
14 371
No picture on Freeview - just the "press red" image in the corner by Ade
I've got a few Freeview devices, including a Humax 9200T PVR and a Humax LGB26T-PVR television. The latter has recently developed a problem: On Cbeebies, there's no picture, just sound and a "press red" thingy. If I press teh "info" button, the picture appears but the programme information remains on the screen. Anyone else found this problem recently (all was fine until the last few days)? Any...
October 9th 06 02:48 PM
by John Rumm Go to last post
2 172
BBC1 Colour by Rod L.
Has anyone else noticed stronger colours on BBC1 than any other channel (Analogue). The Blues and Reds are very strong. I'm receiving from Sandy Heath and notice this on all our TV's in the house. DVB-T is fine. Rod.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 9th 06 01:02 PM
by Dave Farrance Go to last post
28 495
Watch funny videos for free by [email protected]
Visit www.roaringcamp.quickfreehost.com and watch funnny videos for free on your computer, broad band connection required. You will giggle the rest of the day!
0 138
new channels by Trevor Wright
Is the roll out of the new channels and channels numbers happening at the same time everywhere? I have rescanned on my Panasonic digital TV and it finds Film Four on 29, but nothing else new or changed. Film Four remains on 31 as well. Should I be doing something else? -- Trevor Wright
October 8th 06 09:13 PM
by Peter Go to last post
9 198
Which budget DVD recorder to transfer VHS? by Dave English
I hope that this isn't O/T, but is there anything particular to consider when buying a budget DVD recorder to transfer VHS? I would like to free up the shelf space occupied by old home recorded VHS. It seemed to me a good idea to buy a budget DVD recorder, say from Tesco. It should be easier to just transfer it all, that to otherwise decide what to throw away! I do also have a TV capture...
October 8th 06 07:27 PM
by Steve Terry Go to last post
7 220
Connecting system together by abjwsm
Hi Please can anyone offer help on the best way to connect a Pioneer 50" plasma, Pioneer DVD/HDD recorder and Sky Digibox with a Cambridge audio AV amplifier. Thanks in advance Al
October 8th 06 07:14 PM
by Gordon Dack Go to last post
4 147
Wanting to buy Freeview PCI card: recommendations/links? by Tolgan
Will use it in Dell Dimension 5100 with 2407 monitor Terratec Cinergy 2400i would be useful in that its a pci express card Nebula Digitv seems to be popular Any experiences/advice/links to sites with good info? Thanks all
October 8th 06 07:04 PM
by Staiger Go to last post
7 193
HD-DVB-T Test reception by Bruce Stewart
I know there were test HD-DVB-T transmissions from one of the London Transmitters and should have only been picked up by those who had the STBs sent out for test. My question is, were these transmissions were able to be picked up by a standard DVB-T card (such as the Nova-T) and then decoded with the appropriate Codec? Bruce S. --
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 8th 06 04:37 PM
by ThePunisher Go to last post
11 382
Self Help Schemes by John Hein
Analogue TV had a number of these - essentially small privately operated relay stations in areas where the BBC/ITV supplied signal did not reach. Will there be any for Digital TV? Come to think of it, are there any of the analogue variety left or have all the former users switched to Sky? --
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 8th 06 12:40 AM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
26 550
Wireless Cable Info by Tenk
Visit www.WirelessCableService.com
October 8th 06 12:03 AM
by Tenk Go to last post
0 131
Sony UPDATE by Agamemnon
My Sony STB just updated today to version 1.14.02 U.
October 7th 06 11:46 PM
by johnnysaint Go to last post
3 296
Goodmans GDB4G - Remote control problem. by Dave
On Sat, 07 Oct 2006 09:19:28 +0100, wrote: Remote control stops operating after 15 minutes or so of the GDB4G being used. Batteries changed to no avail. Disconnect GDB4G from mains supply for a few minutes to overnight has no effect on problem. Anyone else suffering similarly with the GDB4G? Have you checked there are no buttons sticking down?
October 7th 06 05:42 PM
by Dave Go to last post
0 172
Post New Thread