Post New Thread
Good news perhaps - Quiz Call to go from Freeview, to be replaced by something "outside the call-TV market" by Adrian B
Channel 4 to sell off, sell out Quiz Call Channel 4 is to sell off Ostrich Media, it's subsidiary responsible for producing Quiz Call. According to Broadcast, the deal does not include the channel's Freeview slot, and Channel 4 will be using the space to launch a new service "outside the call-TV market" From http://members.lycos.co.uk/deeteetee/
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 23rd 06 11:58 AM
by John Porcella Go to last post
14 535
Angus TX changes? by Jim Lesurf
A couple of days ago I checked the MUX power levels reported by my Nokia 221T DTTV RX. These seem to have dropped in an odd pattern. I have spent some time during the last couple of days checking my antenna, cables, etc. So far as I can tell, they are fine. The details are as follows: Mux Ch Prev Now Change C 56 -60 -74 -14 A 59 -58 -58 0
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 22nd 06 11:54 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
14 313
What shall I charge? by Bill Wright
The resident of a sheltered housing scheme complained about the TV reception. The scheme is in a town a long way from here; most of that association's properties being much closer. I went out there today. There was nothing wrong with the TV distribution system. The tenant had a cable TV connection which allowed them to view but not to record and didn't allow reception in the bedroom. They...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 22nd 06 11:33 PM
by Roly Go to last post
21 513
Radio 4 on Freeview has started hissing by Dave Plowman (News)
In article , Edster wrote: Radio 4 on Freeview has started hissing, it's quite distinctive during pauses or prolonged silences. If I convert it to wav and open it in Cool Edit, the overall volume is also much louder than it used to be (the waveform is larger). It fills about 60% of the screen rather than the 30-40% it was until...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 22nd 06 07:38 PM
by Roderick Stewart Go to last post
45 749
Set Top Boxes - Serial connections by [email protected]
Hi, I notice that my three STBs all have a serial connection of sorts on the back. Humax F2-FOX T - RS-232C (mini-DIN?) Philips DTR320 - RS-232 D-socket Philips DTR1500 - RJ-9 socket Are these of any use to an ordinary (reasonably computer literate)
October 22nd 06 06:59 PM
by Hawkins Go to last post
3 245
4-diget installation code by matthew
hi i have recently bought a sagem ITD61-02 (ITD62) freeview box and i hyad it up and working lovely untill channel 3 , 4 and 5 went. I went on to the menu and then went on to installation but it keeps asking me for a four diget installation code i have hunted every were for it and am getting very anoyed. can someone please help
October 22nd 06 05:43 PM
by /\\BratMan/\\ Go to last post
4 536
Digi Box outputs. by PETER
I have an IDTV but also have a small analogue portable TV. This has no scart socket but inputs for a VHS recorder/AV1 (sorry do not know what these are called technically). Will this work with a digi box? Any advice gratefully received. Peter
October 22nd 06 04:22 PM
by harrogate3 Go to last post
4 149
Can i pick up my SKY tv through my Freeview Box by [email protected]
in my house I have Sky being fed upstairs to multiple TVs using the "RF out" on the back of my Sky box. I just installed a freeview box on a TV upstairs and it picked up all the freeview channels I was expecting! Good so far! Currently i can watch downstairs SKY on channel 0 on my upstairs TV. Now the freeview box is fed from an RF cable coming from my SKY box so I was wondering can i pick up...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 22nd 06 04:17 PM
by Peter Go to last post
12 374
Intro music of the 2 pints 'Dirty Girls' episode (both BBC3 early moring broadcasts by Johnny B Good
Hi, did anyone else notice a very peculiar effect on the intro music as per the title? I can't make my mind up as to whether it was purely down to a glitch in the digital recording just before the start of the music (it was present on both repeats - they've been repeats for a v e r y l o n g time :-), or a deliberate messing up of the theme tune/song. -- Regards, John. Please remove the...
October 22nd 06 01:22 PM
by Johnny B Good Go to last post
0 121
4-diget installation code by matthew
hi i have recently bought a sagem ITD61-02 (ITD62) freeview box and i had it up and working lovely untill channel 3 , 4 and 5 went. I went on to the menu and then went on to installation but it keeps asking me for a four diget installation code i have hunted every were for it and am getting very anoyed. can someone please help
October 22nd 06 11:51 AM
by matthew Go to last post
0 122
DAB sounds pretty good by Scott
For late night listening, I have taken to listening to 'Late Junction' on Radio 3. To my surprise it is not classical but consists of world music, most of which is quite unusual and some of which is quite interesting and relaxing . It is broadcast at 192 kbps, which provides a clarity and stereo effect not usually heard on my DAB radio. Scott
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 22nd 06 10:20 AM
by tony sayer Go to last post
13 479
Freeview by Mark
Whats happening with freeview? My sony VTX-D800U wont show listings anymore, and last night some channels weren't available. My dads wont pick any channels up tonight (panasonic) my will, but the listings aren't there.... anyone else got probs or know whats happening?
October 22nd 06 08:27 AM
by Dave Fawthrop Go to last post
3 165
Freeview: Hannington or Crystal Palace by Jerry L
A couple of years ago I put a DAT75 in the loft with a freeview box as a backup in case our NTL digibox broke. Needless to say, as I installed a backup, the NTL box worked fine and over time I gave away the freeview box and did not use the DAT75. The NTL digibox has finally broken (nice brown smartcard), and NTL will not come around until next Tuesday. When I installed the DAT75 2 years ago...
October 22nd 06 02:19 AM
by John Porcella Go to last post
3 253
How strong are LCD screens? by Ed
My kid keeps throwing his toys or other hard objects at the screen. How strong are these screens, or should I expect to have to make an insurance claim?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 21st 06 08:30 AM
by neil h Go to last post
24 921
Volume Control by Mel
I have a Pioneer 486SXE TV. Can anyone tell me how to programme the sky remote controller to adjust the volume on the above telly. Thanks Gravity is a myth The earth sucks
October 21st 06 07:27 AM
by Mel Go to last post
2 175
Why no PDC? by Staiger
Does anyone know why there is no PDC-equivalent on DTTV? One would think the designers of the standard must have been well aware of the PDC facility on analogue broadcasts. Did they deliberately leave it out? Or have the broadcasters simply not implemented it? In either case, why? Thack
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 20th 06 10:58 PM
by Dom Robinson Go to last post
22 663
Freesat/freeview recording by Jill Clarkson
Hi, sorry I'm not replying to your question. But thought you might be able to help with mine. I purchased a Toshiba recently with integrated Freeview and a Sony HX525 DVD recorder (analogue tuner). I managed, just on one occasion, to set up the EPG on the DVD recorder (Guideplus) but then lost it and have notbeen able to get it back. Was this
October 20th 06 07:38 PM
by Chris Leuty Go to last post
9 278
HDD Media Players by Jane T
Seen this hard drive media player from Maplins http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=99078&TabID=1&source=1&doy=19m10 Does anyone have any experience with these HDD media players. Do they work 100%, what is the quality of the audio and vision, is the fan noisy. Can anyone recommend anything better. I like the idea being able to move it easily between TV's/Hi-Fi. Ideally I would...
October 20th 06 09:04 AM
by Jon Go to last post
4 184
NTL strangeness! by Brian Wescombe
Two weeks ago, I got the NTL free TV pack, which is basically the Freeview channels plus Sky One. Until the weekend I was getting National Geographic as well, which I didn't complain about! Now that's not available, but I'm getting the kids' channels instead (Nick Toons etc). Perhaps I've got some weird random package!
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 19th 06 11:21 PM
by harrogate3 Go to last post
15 312
BBC Trust - no idea engineering experience whatsoever by DAB sounds worse than FM
The members of the new BBC Trust have been announced, and there is not a single person with ANY knowledge of engineering / technical issues on it whatsoever. The BBC Governors did have a communications engineering professor on it, although a fat lot of good he did in stopping the BBC adopting the ridiculously out-of-date DAB system. Also, the BBC is actually unregulated with respect to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 19th 06 07:10 PM
by Johnny B Good Go to last post
213 2,317