Post New Thread
Connecting a PS2 by NigelO
I have just brought a Toshiba HD lcd tv 37". There are 2 scart conns I have my sky tv decoder in one and one is free. I have tried to connect my PS2 to the other but the TV does not seen to detect it when I turn in the PS2. There are also phono conns but the same , no detections on other TVs when you turn the PS2 on it just kicks in when on the AV channel. Any wise words of help anyone?
October 17th 06 08:52 AM
by Gareth Halfacree Go to last post
2 322
Sony KD-32DX51U TV Any Good? by mlv
I'm thinking of buying a Sony KD-32DX51U television (CTV), but would like to read a professional review first. Unfortunately I can't find one. I assume this is a 50Hz TV? How good (or bad) is it? How does the integral digital Freeview decoder compare with a standalone Sony VTX-D800U digital decoder?
October 17th 06 06:45 AM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
1 1,381
Radio 4 on Freeview has started hissing by PGG
Edster wrote: Radio 4 on Freeview has started hissing, it's quite distinctive during pauses or prolonged silences. If I convert it to wav and open it in Cool Edit, the overall volume is also much louder than it used to be (the waveform is larger). It does appear to be a little louder than before, although I've not noticed the hiss.
October 16th 06 09:13 AM
by PGG Go to last post
0 128
Radio 4 on Freeview has started hissing by Doug Paulley
On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 01:35:20 +0100, Edster wrote: Is this just local to Emley Moore, or is it global? Radio 4 is definitely louder than it used to be on DTT on Bilsdale, but there is no noticeable hiss. -- http://www.kingqueen.org.uk
October 16th 06 09:06 AM
by Doug Paulley Go to last post
0 109
What's the best freeview box? by Slitheen
I couldn't quite believe it, I spent half an hour checking the reviews of various Freeview boxes on Digital Spy and they all seem to be poor-average reviews....even the Sony ones in some cases. Basically, I want to upgrade from my Goodmans GDB3....and want to veer away from the sub 40 boxes like the Panasonics, Goodmans and Philips that I'm used to. I want a fast box (text services) with...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 16th 06 08:59 AM
by Pyriform Go to last post
18 330
Which TV? by dumbo
Hi All, Has anyone got a view on the best 32" LCD TV to buy. I am looking at Philips, Sharp, Samsung and LG. The LG has the best write up and the Philips has been critisised by Comet (what do they know!) Any help and experiences would be welcome. Price range is upto 900. Many thanks Dumbo
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 15th 06 08:12 PM
by Pyriform Go to last post
15 1,161
Top Up TV now appears to be evolving into a rip-off by Deep Thought
Am I alone in this dissatisfaction?.. I have to voice my disgust that as a long term TUTV customer they are now informing us all that they are removing some channels completely, also reducing the broadcast hours of the only movie channel (TCM) and the next-best channel (in my opinion) UKTVGold - WITHOUT any reduction in the existing fee... all this to make way for the new optional "Anytime"...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 15th 06 05:41 PM
by Mike Dyer Go to last post
42 1,163
VisionDTV missing channels by Aleik
Hi, I'm set up with the aerial plugged into my processor, but I don't seem to have the option of BBC3, E4, More4, etc. (i.e. some good freeview channels) through my card. Is there a reason for this? Is there a site detailing all the relevant bandwidths and frequencies that I could just add to the channel list? Thanks,
October 15th 06 05:17 PM
by Aleik Go to last post
3 151
connect vcr to freecom dvb-t by [email protected]
Please guys, need some help... Well, I've got the freesom USB DVB-T tv tuner... and have my PS2 with a RF modulator that allows to connect to the TV Tuner. only problem is the software that has come with the tuner cannot detect the station for the PS2... And therefore, it cannot pick it up...
October 15th 06 01:03 PM
by JW Go to last post
4 309
RF2 Output on Sky by Geoff Lane
I've got an old Amstrad Sky digibox, if I use the RF2 output on the Sky box to feed a loft distribution system will my distributed RF signals also feed a freeview box. At the moment I'm using a proception distribution system with good effect but I'm thinking of using the dual mode proception unit ( http://tinyurl.com/yysnbx ) with the Digibox's RF2 output to feed the system. I appreciate this...
October 15th 06 11:40 AM
by Andy Wade Go to last post
3 1,233
Have you seen the DOGS on FiveLife and FiveUS by Agamemnon
They take up 1/4 of the bloody screen ! There won't be many people watching these then.
October 14th 06 11:36 PM
by Ian Go to last post
9 235
Sony VTX-D800U Update by Nick Y
For those who may be interested, the update starts tomorrow (5th October 2006) No knowledge as to what it does, but moves to version v1.14.02 See http://www.dtg.org.uk/retailer/download_schedule.pl for other dates. Nick
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
16 332
Sony VTX-D800U update fails to fix bugs by Agamemnon
Yesterday when I changed over to BBC4 first thing in the evening instead of getting a clear image the same old BBC text page was overlaid over the screen blotting out the picture. The is despite the fact that my STB is running the new firmware update. If I had not changed to BBC4 early on then my timer recording of The Wide Sargasso Sea would have been of a blank screen. If The Wide Sargasso...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 14th 06 05:47 PM
by Staiger Go to last post
11 427
TOT but I have to tell you by Bill Wright
This is so ridiculous that you're going to think I'm making it up, but I swear I'm not. A lad turned up here this afternoon to deliver a parcel. He had obviously deduced that we have something to do with aerials, and he asked me rather slyly if I knew anything about 'radio aerials'. Because of his extremely Rastafarian appearance and Yorkshire-Jamaican speech I wondered if he was into pirate...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 14th 06 04:21 PM
by Margaret Willmer Go to last post
13 289
What's the quality of BBC HD like? by DAB sounds worse than FM
And has the quality changed at all recently? -- Steve - www.digitalradiotech.co.uk - Digital Radio News & Info Find the cheapest Freeview & DAB prices: http://www.digitalradiotech.co.uk/freeview/freeview_receivers.php http://www.digitalradiotech.co.uk/dab/dab_radios.php
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 13th 06 10:41 PM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
26 426
Will a US HDTV work in the UK? by [email protected]
I have a LCD HDTV, which supports 1080i 720p (but this is 60hz format) 1. Will this work in the UK - with Freeview? 2. Will this work in the UK - with Sky Digital or Telewest? The main concern I have is with the TV supporting 60hz (as opposed to 50Hz for UK ) Full specs: http://www.amazon.com/Sony-BRAVIA-KLVS32A10-HD-Ready-Television/dp/B000A2K40Y
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 13th 06 07:46 PM
by Simon Slavin Go to last post
22 566
Help with Cinergy XS USB TV and Mac OS-X by Steve
I was told by Terratec support that their Cinergy range are PC and Mac compatible. However, when receiving the box, all the software is PC. There is also little mention of how to actually install it! Does anyone know what I've got to do to get this working on my Mac? (OS X) Thanks, Steve :)
October 13th 06 07:01 PM
by Steve Go to last post
0 310
Annoying by .
Hello I have an annoying bippppp when I change my sky box to channels 107, 110 and 111 it only happens with my tv that is connected via RF , with another tv in the other room next to the box via scart is OK What can it be? TIA
October 13th 06 06:03 PM
by {{{{{Welcome}}}}} Go to last post
1 128
Sony DTTV recorder by Jim Lesurf
I'm posting this partly to inform anyone who might be interested, and also to see if others have a similar experience... I've used a Philips DVDR for the last 2-3 years. This has RGB scart input as well as output, so I have used it to record DTTV broadcasts with my Nokia 221T box. When it works properly, the recorder gives good results. However it sometimes makes a mess of a recording, and also...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 13th 06 04:00 PM
by Jukka Aho Go to last post
26 549
What is PQ? by Slitheen
I'm researching a cheapish but decent HDTV I have my eyes on, and reading several reviews, they say the "PQ is very good"....what exactly is PQ? (Usually said when discussing the use of an Xbox 360 with it) Thanks for helping out a poor, helpless noobie. :)
October 13th 06 03:57 PM
by Slitheen Go to last post
2 170
Post New Thread