Post New Thread
C4 to launch Video on demand by DAB sounds worse than FM
99p per programme, and for the very forgetful/far too busy to set up their PVR/video, there's a monthly subscription starting in Fedruary for £4 per month. http://media.guardian.co.uk/broadcast/story/0,,1948316,00.html Channel 4 to launch video on demand Mark Sweney Wednesday November 15, 2006
November 16th 06 12:46 AM
by Slitheen Go to last post
4 282
DVD playback problem by Bill Wright
The customer has returned from India with a lot of DVDs which she recorded in her video camera. The disks are 80cm diameter apparently. When she plays then in the DVD machine under the telly it plays the second half of the material only. Any ideas, gents? Bill
November 16th 06 12:46 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
7 180
Failure of Sod's Law in Bradford by Bill Wright
Today I drove 45 miles to Bradford to investigate a fault affecting satellite reception at a large block of flats. I was really hoping that I could fix the fault using the things I had in the van. A second visit would be annoying at that distance. The cause of the fault was unusual. The power supply unit for the four satellite IF amplifiers had slight 50Hz ripple on the output. This was...
November 16th 06 12:26 AM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
4 222
tv licence enforcment by Heracles Pollux
"me" wrote in message ... Hi.. quick question.. i have had a visit from tv licencing today. i refused him entry to my property but said they would apply for a warrent to enter the property of course i am not using recieving equipment but refuse to allow these meatheads access...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 15th 06 09:42 PM
by Luke Bosman Go to last post
91 2,341
WiHD by Dave Farrance
WiHD. This sounds like a better rival for HDMI than the data-over-mains system that I mentioned the other day. I still wonder how the security is going to work out in practice, though, given that as much as half of home wifi networks are run without encryption activated. So maybe people will end up showing their home movies around the neighbourhood's...
November 15th 06 07:38 PM
by Ben Go to last post
1 217
best dvb-t tuner box by pr
Which is most sensitive and resilient to glitches? any ideas?
November 15th 06 06:06 PM
by pr Go to last post
4 264
Sagem PVR EPG by bodorange
My Sagem PVR7280T seems to have a problem with the EPG. I've only noticed it since the 0.4.5 OAD of a week or so ago. Certain channels such as ITV2, ITV3 and Sky3 are missing all EPG data and show 'No data available'. Other channel guides start at the wrong time or have a large block of programmes missing (eg just now Channel4 which had nothing between 08:30 and 15:30 in the list). Is anyone...
November 15th 06 01:15 PM
by bodorange Go to last post
9 441
Them hot glue guns by Dave Fawthrop
On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 09:32:03 +0000, Ian White wrote: Hot Melt gun glue. |A very good application is a shot of hmg into the top end of |semi-airspaced TV coax, to prevent it from becoming a pipeline for |condensed water vapour. (Don't worry, its RF properties are excellent.) Thanks I will use it on my caravan Sat cable.
November 15th 06 12:50 PM
by Dave Fawthrop Go to last post
0 151
Scart specifications - explanation? by Frank Stacey
My new LCD TV has 2 scart terminals. I am not using either at the moment but will eventually want to use them for recording and DVD playing. The specifications of these 2 interfaces are slightly different and I am unsure what the difference is. They are as follows (from the spec in the manual):- No. 1. SCART (AV input, Y/C input, RGB input, TV output) No. 2 SCART (AV input/output, Y/C...
November 15th 06 02:01 AM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
4 357
Thousands hit by HD TV chaos by NO One
Thousands hit by HD TV chaos. (From The Sunday Times) Many of the high-definition televisions sold prior to the World Cup still cannot receive the right signals and consumers face months of hassle to get the technology. THOUSANDS of consumers who rushed to buy expensive high-definition televisions ahead of last summerís World Cup may have been left
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 14th 06 10:39 PM
by Dom Robinson Go to last post
50 1,920
Setanta PIDS by Colin Thomson
Hi, Could some kind soul please tell me the Setanta PCR,Video and audio PIDs so I can tune my Nokia 221T freeview box to them. Cheers, Colin
November 14th 06 09:45 PM
by Colin Thomson Go to last post
0 200
BBC website - problems by Steve Watson
Is anyone else having problems with the www.bbc.co.uk website today? It appears to be broken. -- Steve Watson
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 14th 06 08:28 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
11 601
Best Freeview indoor aerial ? by Cuzman
I live in a communal building right in the centre of London (Clerkenwell). The communal aerial doesn't pick up MUX 2 at all. The rest of the channels are patchy at best. None of them gives a perfect signal, and most are completely unwatchable. I've tried an SLx2 but that didn't give me much improvement. Everyone on the building suffers the same problems. Maplin have a new digital...
November 14th 06 08:14 PM
by Alan Go to last post
5 748
Freeview from Video sender by diy-newby
Hi guys. Got a new lcd tv for the conservatory, which I would like to receive the freeview channels (not integreated IDTV). But, I have tried before with a set top box and cannot get a strong enough signal in the cons to receive these channels (as it is fed from an indoor aerial), but I can in the lounge (fed from a loft aerial). I am thinking of plugging the freeview STB in the lounge...
November 14th 06 07:49 PM
by Prometheus Go to last post
9 307
Telewest's French channel - any good? Need a channel for learning French. by tenby
Hi I'm learning French and want a French TV channel. Ideally, I want French subtitles (designed for deaf French people) since this is great for learning when the words are too fast to follow, but you still want to try and understand in French. Sky have such a French channel that looks pretty good for learning. But I'm with Telewest (phone and broadband) so it's easiest to go with them.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 14th 06 09:20 AM
by tony sayer Go to last post
13 387
Problem about "Mark-up" presentation with HyperText (MHEG-5) by Carrie
Does anyone has experience of MHEG-5 Text mark-up presentation? I got one problem with some strange mark-up code: 0x1b, 0x41, 0x03, 0x32, 0x32, 0x1b, 0x61, 0x2c, 0x20 The is the "anchor tag markup start" and 0x03 is the tag length which indicates a "3-bytes" Tag. My problem happens with the , because the "0x1b" (the one
November 14th 06 08:00 AM
by Carrie Go to last post
0 140
Sky Gnome radio by Chris
"Edster" wrote in message ... Would this work with a wireless computer network, or would the network interfere with it the same way it would with a wireless video sender? According to the user manual, Control Channel is 433.92MHz , Audio Channel is 863.4MHz, 863.8MHz, 864.2MHz or 864.6MHz. You can choose which audio channel to use...
November 13th 06 07:14 PM
by Steve Terry Go to last post
3 191
O.T. - service info, etc, for DVD recorder by Jim Lesurf
I assume this isn't the correct group for what I really want to ask about, but I am hoping someone can direct me to the correct group as I don't know which it might be! I'd like to get service info, etc, on a Philips DVDR50/051 video recorder. In particular about: 1) How to adjust the replay gain (not write level) from the optical sensors.
November 13th 06 04:15 PM
by Jim Lesurf Go to last post
0 142
Sky+ Remote Record by Mr Harry
Does anyone have any idea when sky+ remote record service will be available? From what I can gather it's a web based interface to your Sky+ box, so that you can set it to record remotely. You'll also be able to detete stuff, view schedules etc..etc all across the interweb! In addition, it also provides TiVo like features, and will record programmes it thinks you'll like automagically, based on...
November 13th 06 01:45 PM
by Mr Harry Go to last post
0 128
who would be right? by Paul Heslop
in an article in private Eye an issue or two ago it mentioned a 'special' offer on Sky subscriptions for folks living in the shadow of a stadium, possibly new Wembley or Arsenal's as it has been found that houses nearby can't get a signal for normal tv. Next issue someone writes in criticizing the mag for falling into the trap of believing the only digital tv available is Sky and all the good...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 13th 06 01:03 PM
by Robin Go to last post
10 247