Post New Thread
BBC1 Colour by Rod L.
Has anyone else noticed stronger colours on BBC1 than any other channel (Analogue). The Blues and Reds are very strong. I'm receiving from Sandy Heath and notice this on all our TV's in the house. DVB-T is fine. Rod.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 9th 06 01:02 PM
by Dave Farrance Go to last post
28 465
Watch funny videos for free by [email protected]
Visit www.roaringcamp.quickfreehost.com and watch funnny videos for free on your computer, broad band connection required. You will giggle the rest of the day!
0 131
new channels by Trevor Wright
Is the roll out of the new channels and channels numbers happening at the same time everywhere? I have rescanned on my Panasonic digital TV and it finds Film Four on 29, but nothing else new or changed. Film Four remains on 31 as well. Should I be doing something else? -- Trevor Wright
October 8th 06 09:13 PM
by Peter Go to last post
9 195
Which budget DVD recorder to transfer VHS? by Dave English
I hope that this isn't O/T, but is there anything particular to consider when buying a budget DVD recorder to transfer VHS? I would like to free up the shelf space occupied by old home recorded VHS. It seemed to me a good idea to buy a budget DVD recorder, say from Tesco. It should be easier to just transfer it all, that to otherwise decide what to throw away! I do also have a TV capture...
October 8th 06 07:27 PM
by Steve Terry Go to last post
7 216
Connecting system together by abjwsm
Hi Please can anyone offer help on the best way to connect a Pioneer 50" plasma, Pioneer DVD/HDD recorder and Sky Digibox with a Cambridge audio AV amplifier. Thanks in advance Al
October 8th 06 07:14 PM
by Gordon Dack Go to last post
4 141
Wanting to buy Freeview PCI card: recommendations/links? by Tolgan
Will use it in Dell Dimension 5100 with 2407 monitor Terratec Cinergy 2400i would be useful in that its a pci express card Nebula Digitv seems to be popular Any experiences/advice/links to sites with good info? Thanks all
October 8th 06 07:04 PM
by Staiger Go to last post
7 185
HD-DVB-T Test reception by Bruce Stewart
I know there were test HD-DVB-T transmissions from one of the London Transmitters and should have only been picked up by those who had the STBs sent out for test. My question is, were these transmissions were able to be picked up by a standard DVB-T card (such as the Nova-T) and then decoded with the appropriate Codec? Bruce S. --
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 8th 06 04:37 PM
by ThePunisher Go to last post
11 356
Self Help Schemes by John Hein
Analogue TV had a number of these - essentially small privately operated relay stations in areas where the BBC/ITV supplied signal did not reach. Will there be any for Digital TV? Come to think of it, are there any of the analogue variety left or have all the former users switched to Sky? --
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 8th 06 12:40 AM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
26 532
Wireless Cable Info by Tenk
Visit www.WirelessCableService.com
October 8th 06 12:03 AM
by Tenk Go to last post
0 127
Sony UPDATE by Agamemnon
My Sony STB just updated today to version 1.14.02 U.
October 7th 06 11:46 PM
by johnnysaint Go to last post
3 293
Goodmans GDB4G - Remote control problem. by Dave
On Sat, 07 Oct 2006 09:19:28 +0100, wrote: Remote control stops operating after 15 minutes or so of the GDB4G being used. Batteries changed to no avail. Disconnect GDB4G from mains supply for a few minutes to overnight has no effect on problem. Anyone else suffering similarly with the GDB4G? Have you checked there are no buttons sticking down?
October 7th 06 05:42 PM
by Dave Go to last post
0 169
Pacific PSTB remote control code by Ian Cather
I have changed the batteries for my Pacific PSTB and cannot now turn the box on. I'm thinking the remote control has reset and needs to be setup again. The PSTB box will not turn on from the button on the front, so I really need to get this sorted. 5 channel TV is simply useless. Can anyone advise if there is a code that needs to be used on the remote control, and what the code is? ...
October 7th 06 03:45 PM
by Ian Cather Go to last post
0 150
How to dimantle a Multimo? by Somebody
Has anyone pulled apart a Multimo satellite dish and put it back together again? I need to replace the lnb, but for the life of me I can't see how to get the old one off! Has anyone tried this successfully? I would have tried contacting Zehnder if my german was any good, but alas it is not.
October 7th 06 09:18 AM
by Tro.Jan Go to last post
4 169
IDTV under 100 by Paul
After searching high and low for a 14" or similar IDTV, my son has now bought what we found to be the cheapest option, surprisingly from a mail order catalogue! He looked at the Acoustic Solutions LCD IDTV in Argos at 199 which was kindly suggested on this NG, but he has limited spending power so he went for the cheaper option. The Orion 14" CRT set is advertised with Marshall Ward...
October 7th 06 07:54 AM
by Chris Leuty Go to last post
1 176
Film4, Sleepy Hollow, CP - poor reception? by Paul D.Smith
Anyone watch "Sleepy Hollow" last night from Crystal Palace? If so, did you get quite a number of lost frames (screen goes totally black) and occasional drop outs? My normally happy Freeview seemed very out of sorts watching this last night. Thanks, Paul DS.
October 7th 06 01:26 AM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
8 179
Screen pixel resolution query by Frank Stacey
An LCD TV which was vvery cheap attracted my attention. I noted that the screen had a physical resolution of ???? x 768 pixels. The figure of 768 lines got me thinking. What is the pixel resolution of current digital broadcasts? How important, in determining overall picture quality, is the mechanism by which broadcast resolutions are mapped onto the physical resolution of the screen? Do...
October 6th 06 11:31 AM
by Paul D.Smith Go to last post
1 125
Sky Menu Clicking Noise by Mike J
Hi New to this group and looking for help please. I've just bought a Sony 46 LCD TV and have had no problem setting it up to my Sony home cinema DVD and panasonic Sky+ decoder.
October 6th 06 07:51 AM
by Mike J Go to last post
0 131
No Mux 2 and poor reception on MUX A by Cuzman
I've just moved into a place with a communal aerial in the heart of central London (Clerkenwell). My Topfield TF5800PVR picks up more channels when I run the 5V option up the aerial, but I still get no Mux 2 channels at all, and poor reception at best (almost unwatchable) on MUX A. Any advice on what the best solution is? So far I've only run it straight from the aerial with no booster of...
October 5th 06 10:43 PM
by John Porcella Go to last post
5 226
Strange teletext problem by -
Had a weird experience today. Got called back to a job I did a week ago with the problem described as teletext not working properly. Immediately thought they had pulled the lead half out or something, because I had replaced the aerial & cable and the signals were spot on. Got there and the signal at the outlet was as I left it - perfect. Minimum analogue signal was +7dBmV and maximum was...
October 5th 06 05:10 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
9 296
Deal or no deal by Agamemnon
Ok, it looks like Robin Hood is going to air on October 7th so what I'd like to know is if the production company Tiger Aspect played a game of "Deal or no deal" to ransom back the missing tapes or if not how did the piece the series together ?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 4th 06 10:12 PM
by Dom Robinson Go to last post
14 287