Post New Thread
Annoying by .
Hello I have an annoying bippppp when I change my sky box to channels 107, 110 and 111 it only happens with my tv that is connected via RF , with another tv in the other room next to the box via scart is OK What can it be? TIA
October 13th 06 07:03 PM
by {{{{{Welcome}}}}} Go to last post
1 122
Sony DTTV recorder by Jim Lesurf
I'm posting this partly to inform anyone who might be interested, and also to see if others have a similar experience... I've used a Philips DVDR for the last 2-3 years. This has RGB scart input as well as output, so I have used it to record DTTV broadcasts with my Nokia 221T box. When it works properly, the recorder gives good results. However it sometimes makes a mess of a recording, and also...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 13th 06 05:00 PM
by Jukka Aho Go to last post
26 536
What is PQ? by Slitheen
I'm researching a cheapish but decent HDTV I have my eyes on, and reading several reviews, they say the "PQ is very good"....what exactly is PQ? (Usually said when discussing the use of an Xbox 360 with it) Thanks for helping out a poor, helpless noobie. :)
October 13th 06 04:57 PM
by Slitheen Go to last post
2 161
How will it happen? Anologue off, digital on? by David
There is a great thread going on digital high power. But I'm wondering how it will happen. Take Emley Moor for an example. Present high power anologue, possible reduction in power nearer we get to switch off in order to make the equipment last untill switch off day. Present low power digital transmitters. Future new high power equipment supplied, does it get tested once installed? ( would...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 13th 06 03:58 PM
by Roger Hunt Go to last post
54 817
Leeds Piano festival, BBC Four by [email protected]
A (late) reminder that you can hear yet more classical music from the BBC, at 256kbps mp2 (i.e. good quality) on BBC Four throughout this week and weekend. 7pm ish (the exact time varies) each day, including Sunday. Leeds Piano festival. I believe that pictures are also provided, alongside the good quality audio. The wonders of technology!
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
17 380
Poor DVD Picture by Geoff Lane
I've got a loft distribution system feeding 3 TVs. My main TV is a Philips 24inch CRT and has a Sky dish connection. For some reason my Philips DVD player gives a poor picture when played through this TV, there is a heringbone effect on the screen and I cannot seem to rectify it. The Sky box and a video player both give an excellent picture and the DVD player, when played through another TV...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 12th 06 06:24 PM
by Geoff Lane Go to last post
16 335
DVB-T Hard Disk / DVD-R recorder for 219.99 by Adrian B
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=97186&TabID=1&source=1&doy=4m9 Only a single tuner, but for the mythical PVR with DVD-R, that sounds like a bargain. It's a "Yamada" - Does anyone have any experience of their stuff? Is this likely to be a crash-a-minute job ? Adrian B
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 11th 06 05:47 PM
by etillet Go to last post
11 395
Wiring TV to Home Cinema by scamper
I've got a Philips 9631 with 2 HDMI connections and I've just bought a Philips Home Theatre System with HDMI output. I've connected the theatre system to the TV via HDMI and it plays DVDs great. The question I have is how to get sound from the TV or Sky to come out of the home theatre system. The manual that came with the theatre system seems to say that by selecting TV on the remote control...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 11th 06 10:25 AM
by Paul D.Smith Go to last post
14 315
Stop Bio-TERROR in America: The Government of Torture! by [email protected]
AMERICA IN DANGER of its own out-of-control Bio-Terror: Is 1984 here? Or cripping... God help us, blinded! Originally Secret Bio-Aerosols are misused to HARM and Torture in U.S.A. Tempering with pills/ medicine/ treatments to HARM and DISABLE ! Our government needs TORTURE in U.S.? See details below... It has your VOTE, support? Abused... ...
October 10th 06 10:47 PM
by Paul Heslop Go to last post
1 155
IM ASKING FOR DONATIONS FOR HEART SURGERY by Bazzer Smith
"mike" wrote in message ... hello i always figured this would never happen to me but my heart is having serious issuses do to a birth defect (i was born with a hole in my heart)and need money to have the surgery to get the hole fix so i am asking for donations to help with the cost since i dont...
October 10th 06 09:06 PM
by Dom Robinson Go to last post
3 153
(THIS IS SO REAL PEOPLE) IM ASKING FOR DONATIONS FOR HEART SURGERY by Gendy
Sorry about this Mike ,but this is what the Clinton's wanted for the US but the AMA and the other vested interests like the insurance companies torpedoed it... The National Health Service of the United States.... "Universally free at the point of need" "Over your dead body!"..... George Walker Bush...
October 10th 06 05:53 PM
by Gendy Go to last post
0 171
Television X PID's by Bill Wright
"strax" wrote in message ... Seeing as Red Hot TV has closed down on Freeview, does anyone have the PID's for Television X. This is for educational purposes only of course You're going to start a wanking school? Bill
October 9th 06 06:41 PM
by BillL Go to last post
4 1,110
Latest TVs Pose Recycling Problem by galaxyguy
For someone just about the spend a huge sum on a new Plasma TV I thought they might be interested to know of future problems one day way off in the distant future. I noticed at our local Council Recycling Tip, which is vast and well organised that they have a large open bin for used CRT PC Monitors and also for CRT TVs. Sadly, there was a beautiful large Sony sitting in the bottom of the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 9th 06 05:20 PM
by Virgils Ghost Go to last post
14 351
No picture on Freeview - just the "press red" image in the corner by Ade
I've got a few Freeview devices, including a Humax 9200T PVR and a Humax LGB26T-PVR television. The latter has recently developed a problem: On Cbeebies, there's no picture, just sound and a "press red" thingy. If I press teh "info" button, the picture appears but the programme information remains on the screen. Anyone else found this problem recently (all was fine until the last few days)? Any...
October 9th 06 03:48 PM
by John Rumm Go to last post
2 161
BBC1 Colour by Rod L.
Has anyone else noticed stronger colours on BBC1 than any other channel (Analogue). The Blues and Reds are very strong. I'm receiving from Sandy Heath and notice this on all our TV's in the house. DVB-T is fine. Rod.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 9th 06 02:02 PM
by Dave Farrance Go to last post
28 461
Watch funny videos for free by [email protected]
Visit www.roaringcamp.quickfreehost.com and watch funnny videos for free on your computer, broad band connection required. You will giggle the rest of the day!
0 129
new channels by Trevor Wright
Is the roll out of the new channels and channels numbers happening at the same time everywhere? I have rescanned on my Panasonic digital TV and it finds Film Four on 29, but nothing else new or changed. Film Four remains on 31 as well. Should I be doing something else? -- Trevor Wright
October 8th 06 10:13 PM
by Peter Go to last post
9 193
Which budget DVD recorder to transfer VHS? by Dave English
I hope that this isn't O/T, but is there anything particular to consider when buying a budget DVD recorder to transfer VHS? I would like to free up the shelf space occupied by old home recorded VHS. It seemed to me a good idea to buy a budget DVD recorder, say from Tesco. It should be easier to just transfer it all, that to otherwise decide what to throw away! I do also have a TV capture...
October 8th 06 08:27 PM
by Steve Terry Go to last post
7 214
Connecting system together by abjwsm
Hi Please can anyone offer help on the best way to connect a Pioneer 50" plasma, Pioneer DVD/HDD recorder and Sky Digibox with a Cambridge audio AV amplifier. Thanks in advance Al
October 8th 06 08:14 PM
by Gordon Dack Go to last post
4 138
Wanting to buy Freeview PCI card: recommendations/links? by Tolgan
Will use it in Dell Dimension 5100 with 2407 monitor Terratec Cinergy 2400i would be useful in that its a pci express card Nebula Digitv seems to be popular Any experiences/advice/links to sites with good info? Thanks all
October 8th 06 08:04 PM
by Staiger Go to last post
7 183
Post New Thread