Post New Thread
Freeview via Satellite by victormeldrewsyoungerbrother
I am considering cancelling my Sky subscription as, quite honestly, I'm becomming more and more disenchanted with the rubbish on offer. I'm not interested in sport, I watch a film once in a blue moon, and it would be cheaper to buy those I do want to see on DVD, and the rest of the channels are, IMHO, by and large just repeated tat. What I want to know is, if I cancel, will the satellite box...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 18th 06 07:25 AM
by Dave Fawthrop Go to last post
12 287
Looking for a guy who sold satellite systems based in Chessington by [email protected]
Hi, Looking for a guy who soldsatellite systems based in Chessington, Surrey, Paul Launder. Has anyone got a current telephone number or address? Last info I have is 2A Angus Close,
October 17th 06 09:43 PM
by Ian Jackson Go to last post
3 216
Digihome PVR160 in Argos by BORG
Also rebadged for Sony and Evesham. Anyone here used one or seen one in action ? Is there any way to transfer the recordings to a computer without using a TV in card ? 100 bar the 1p so not a bad price really --
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 17th 06 07:29 PM
by Mike Dyer Go to last post
28 771
My off topic 'tripping' problem by Marky P
Hi, Thanks for all the replys even though I was way off topic. Anyway, I've discovered it is the washing machine at fault (it tripped the MCB without the telly on). It doesn't trip straight away, seems to be when the water starts to heat up, so could be a duff element. Bugger :-(. It was second hand anyway (lasted 8 months). Marky P.
October 17th 06 06:49 PM
by Marky P Go to last post
2 127
What to look for in a PVR by tim\(yet another new home\)
I'm new to this digital TV stuff, but my VCR has stopped working so I need to consider a PVR. I want a disk based one, I have no need for DRD recording as all I do is timeshift. So what sort of features should I expect/consider? I'd like to be able to record two programs at once and I need to be able to set up to record 2-3 or even 4 weeks hence.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 17th 06 06:09 PM
by tim\(yet another new home\) Go to last post
24 629
Group A aerial advice for Palace with a problem on Ch22 by [email protected]
Hi All, Wrote on this NG a while back re problem i am having with Ch21/22 (pixellation) on either Palace or Reigate. My installer originally used a WB aerial, replaced this with DAT 45 (another WB) to no avail. Followed the advice here to go Group A, which makes great sense for Ch22. He's installed a Unix 52 Group A.
October 17th 06 04:21 PM
by Paul D.Smith Go to last post
7 140
Thompson DTI 2300 by Bodger
I have a Thompson DTI 2300 "top up" set top box and I have just noticed that my TV guide is wrong - it is showing tomorrows events as today's Does anyone know if there a firmware "fix" for this or another work around? Bodger1946 http://bodgers-lair.com
October 17th 06 10:27 AM
by Bodger Go to last post
0 119
Silly(?) question by soup
Having a discussion with the wife. I don't think they do but do BT supply a television service? I know they do ADSL and telephony -- www.cheesesoup.myby.co.uk
8 148
Connecting a PS2 by NigelO
I have just brought a Toshiba HD lcd tv 37". There are 2 scart conns I have my sky tv decoder in one and one is free. I have tried to connect my PS2 to the other but the TV does not seen to detect it when I turn in the PS2. There are also phono conns but the same , no detections on other TVs when you turn the PS2 on it just kicks in when on the AV channel. Any wise words of help anyone?
October 17th 06 08:52 AM
by Gareth Halfacree Go to last post
2 314
Sony KD-32DX51U TV Any Good? by mlv
I'm thinking of buying a Sony KD-32DX51U television (CTV), but would like to read a professional review first. Unfortunately I can't find one. I assume this is a 50Hz TV? How good (or bad) is it? How does the integral digital Freeview decoder compare with a standalone Sony VTX-D800U digital decoder?
October 17th 06 06:45 AM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
1 1,371
Radio 4 on Freeview has started hissing by PGG
Edster wrote: Radio 4 on Freeview has started hissing, it's quite distinctive during pauses or prolonged silences. If I convert it to wav and open it in Cool Edit, the overall volume is also much louder than it used to be (the waveform is larger). It does appear to be a little louder than before, although I've not noticed the hiss.
October 16th 06 09:13 AM
by PGG Go to last post
0 124
Radio 4 on Freeview has started hissing by Doug Paulley
On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 01:35:20 +0100, Edster wrote: Is this just local to Emley Moore, or is it global? Radio 4 is definitely louder than it used to be on DTT on Bilsdale, but there is no noticeable hiss. -- http://www.kingqueen.org.uk
October 16th 06 09:06 AM
by Doug Paulley Go to last post
0 103
What's the best freeview box? by Slitheen
I couldn't quite believe it, I spent half an hour checking the reviews of various Freeview boxes on Digital Spy and they all seem to be poor-average reviews....even the Sony ones in some cases. Basically, I want to upgrade from my Goodmans GDB3....and want to veer away from the sub 40 boxes like the Panasonics, Goodmans and Philips that I'm used to. I want a fast box (text services) with...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 16th 06 08:59 AM
by Pyriform Go to last post
18 317
Which TV? by dumbo
Hi All, Has anyone got a view on the best 32" LCD TV to buy. I am looking at Philips, Sharp, Samsung and LG. The LG has the best write up and the Philips has been critisised by Comet (what do they know!) Any help and experiences would be welcome. Price range is upto 900. Many thanks Dumbo
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 15th 06 08:12 PM
by Pyriform Go to last post
15 1,153
Top Up TV now appears to be evolving into a rip-off by Deep Thought
Am I alone in this dissatisfaction?.. I have to voice my disgust that as a long term TUTV customer they are now informing us all that they are removing some channels completely, also reducing the broadcast hours of the only movie channel (TCM) and the next-best channel (in my opinion) UKTVGold - WITHOUT any reduction in the existing fee... all this to make way for the new optional "Anytime"...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 15th 06 05:41 PM
by Mike Dyer Go to last post
42 1,128
VisionDTV missing channels by Aleik
Hi, I'm set up with the aerial plugged into my processor, but I don't seem to have the option of BBC3, E4, More4, etc. (i.e. some good freeview channels) through my card. Is there a reason for this? Is there a site detailing all the relevant bandwidths and frequencies that I could just add to the channel list? Thanks,
October 15th 06 05:17 PM
by Aleik Go to last post
3 146
connect vcr to freecom dvb-t by [email protected]
Please guys, need some help... Well, I've got the freesom USB DVB-T tv tuner... and have my PS2 with a RF modulator that allows to connect to the TV Tuner. only problem is the software that has come with the tuner cannot detect the station for the PS2... And therefore, it cannot pick it up...
October 15th 06 01:03 PM
by JW Go to last post
4 303
RF2 Output on Sky by Geoff Lane
I've got an old Amstrad Sky digibox, if I use the RF2 output on the Sky box to feed a loft distribution system will my distributed RF signals also feed a freeview box. At the moment I'm using a proception distribution system with good effect but I'm thinking of using the dual mode proception unit ( http://tinyurl.com/yysnbx ) with the Digibox's RF2 output to feed the system. I appreciate this...
October 15th 06 11:40 AM
by Andy Wade Go to last post
3 1,215
Have you seen the DOGS on FiveLife and FiveUS by Agamemnon
They take up 1/4 of the bloody screen ! There won't be many people watching these then.
October 14th 06 11:36 PM
by Ian Go to last post
9 223
Sony VTX-D800U Update by Nick Y
For those who may be interested, the update starts tomorrow (5th October 2006) No knowledge as to what it does, but moves to version v1.14.02 See http://www.dtg.org.uk/retailer/download_schedule.pl for other dates. Nick
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
16 317
Post New Thread

Display Options