Post New Thread
Just seen Blu-ray for real! by Ben
After what seems like years of reading about Blu-ray, I finally saw a real life Blu-ray player for sale today in John Lewis - I was actually in there looking for new pillows, but you know what its like ;-) They had three HD demos running; Blu-ray, DVD (presumably DivX), and BBC HD Preview. The Blu-ray demo was absolutely gorgeous, the DVD demo was good, but the BBC HD preview was ****e! It...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 9th 06 04:50 PM
by Dom Robinson Go to last post
13 297
Microsoft ClearType and HDTV standards interpolation by Agamemnon
Yesterday night I installed Internet Explorer 7 and when I ran it it went to a setup screen which had ClearType set as default so I wondered why that was when I was using a CRT monitor and I thought ClearType was only supposed to work on LCD screens using a digital link or laptops. Anyway I went along with it and fine-tuned it to work on my monitor, since Microsoft said it could imporove the...
November 8th 06 10:28 PM
by Agamemnon Go to last post
6 320
Is there a decent HD/DVD Recorder with Freeview, ethernet connection to PC, pref non-proprietary HD Format? by Java Jive
I'm reappraising the (too much) AV kit I have here, and am realising that I have begun to use the Panasonic HD/DVD Recorder almost exclusively for CCTV. This may seem strange for (at the time of purchase) such an expensive piece of kit, but there are a number of problems in using it for other purposes. 1) It has a non-standard HD format, so you can't backup what's on the HD except via the...
November 8th 06 10:15 PM
by Dominic Go to last post
8 255
Digital TV recording by Rosie
Do any members of this NG have suggestions/recommendations for a DVD recorder that records Digital TV well? Rosie
November 8th 06 09:01 PM
by Simon Slavin Go to last post
3 152
Lidl Satellite reciever etc. from 28th August by David
Silvercrest is model number and web site of this make known? -- Regards, David Please reply to News Group
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 8th 06 02:00 PM
by Bill (Adopt) Go to last post
55 2,374
Tuning In by Mel
My mum has a warfedale T1403 14" portable TV. It was recently given to her by a friend of hers but no instruction booklet came with it. It needs retuning and having pressed just about every button on the remote control I cant get it into the tuning screen. A Google didn't throw up any help so does anyone on here know what the sequence is to get it into tuning mode. Or can you point me to a...
November 8th 06 11:34 AM
by Mel Go to last post
4 215
recording to dvdr by Trevor Wright
I'm not very good at all this but this seems wrong to me. Can anyone advise? I have a pvr, a dvdr and a dtt television, all linked by scarts. All seems to work fine. All signals are digital; no analogue is involved. This query relates to recording to the dvdr, rather than the pvr. All references to "recording" below mean "recording to dvd." Normally if I want to record I point the dvdr...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 8th 06 10:48 AM
by Zimmy Go to last post
11 376
Sandy Heath went down at 19:30 by Agamemnon
Sandy Heath just went down on every channel except BBC4 at 19:30. The signal strength is reading maximum by the signal quality is non-existent.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 8th 06 07:54 AM
by tony sayer Go to last post
23 639
senility strikes by Bill Wright
OK you lot, not if I tell you this you've got promise not to laugh, OK? I has the common problem today that the customer's DTT box was insisting on tuning in Belmont and Bilsdale when I wanted it to tune-in Emley Moor and nothing but Emey Moor. So I went and got a Gp B bandpass filter and a 12dB attenuator, fitted these on the RF input to the TV set and told the box to do a factory default...
November 8th 06 06:25 AM
by Usenet Go to last post
8 240
Have I Got News For You? by Victor Delta
Missed the first episode of the new series - just over a week ago - with Gordon Ramsay in the chair, I believe? I thought I might be able to find it somewhere on the BBC website but this doesn't appear to be the case. Can anyone suggest anywhere on the web where I might be able to see a streamed copy etc? Thanks, V
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 8th 06 12:14 AM
by ♥ Marjo Xenos loves Degni Filio ♥ Go to last post
24 748
humax pvr 8000t by john rimbaud
Have found somewhere somewhere selling these at 119.95, would any recommend or have any comments? Also, does it have a twin tuner? Have looked at the website!
November 7th 06 11:00 PM
by Mr Guest Go to last post
6 190
"no event information" by daz
Hi I have a Sony VTX-D800U that I really like. I have just bought a Sony Bravia series with integral digital tuner. The new TV's EPG doesn't seem able to pick up what's on channels on some multiplexes unless I tune to a channel from that multiplex. This is annoying as looking at the EPG on BBC means all you get for ITV is "no event information". If I tune to ITV I get the info (and the box
November 7th 06 09:19 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
3 2,259
Looking for a DVB TFT computer monitor? by nonymouse
Do they exist with freeview tuners? I've seen many advertised as lcd or tft (although I understand what they stand for, I don't understand the difference between an lcd screen and a tft one). Anyway, none seem to have a freeview tuner. Is there any benefit to buying an lcd tv over a tft tv?
November 7th 06 08:29 PM
by Michael Rozdoba Go to last post
6 171
Digihome PVR 80 Problems by [email protected]
I bought a Digihome PVR80 from Argos about a month ago, but it seems every week it looses all the channels and all the recordings playback fast and with no sound. The only way I found to fix this is to do a "First Time Installation", it preserves the recordings but wipes all the timers. Firmware version is V.4.9(UK) and was built on 2006-09-01 at 14:07:06. Has anyone had this problem and if so...
November 7th 06 06:19 PM
by Mike Dyer Go to last post
1 589
Sony HDD/DVDR auto adjust time NOT date by [email protected]
I have a couple of Sony HDD/DVDRs both set to adjust time automatically from BBC2 as BBC1 analogue has ghosting. Both adjusted the clock on Sunday but ever since the date has been Sunday 29th but the correct time. I've switched to BBC1 to check and the date is corrected but on switching back to BBC2 it reverts to Sun 29th. I receive my TV from Crystal Palace transmitter but a friend who also has...
November 7th 06 03:51 PM
by hunt85 Go to last post
1 170
Loosing ITV/Channel4 channels every night by Rune
I've received the ITV channels and Channel4 (and whatever share their freq) fine for a few months, but recently the signal of the channels in question drop below 50% in the evening, and the picture breaks up.. Later on in the evening (9pm onwards?) its fine again.. The rest of the channels are fine all the time. Is anybody else getting this? I live in Swindon, but not sure where I get my...
November 7th 06 02:35 PM
by John Porcella Go to last post
4 177
DigiFusion DVRT200 by Simon Bamber
Hello All, Maybe someone-else has the same problem and can advise me... I have a DigiFusion FVRT200 which last year wouldn't switch on because of the power supply. I bought a replacement off the web that was reccomended from this group instead of the another DigiFusion one that resolved the problem.
November 7th 06 01:40 PM
by Simon Bamber Go to last post
0 267
For better MPEG-2 System understanding by Tsviatko Jongov
Hello, Chek these two applications for MPEG-2 program and transport stream investigation. http://tsviatko.jongov.com/index_prj_mpegpsutils.htm http://tsviatko.jongov.com/index_prj_mpegtsutils.htm Regards, Tsviatko Jongov http://tsviatko.jongov.com
November 7th 06 12:22 PM
by Tsviatko Jongov Go to last post
0 170
Last night's anaprop by JPG
Visble on the Met Office's rainfall radar overnight, espeically over E Anglia and S of Ireland
November 7th 06 10:05 AM
by JPG Go to last post
1 155
Awesome Digital TV information by Brandon
Check out: www.Brandon-Lands.com
November 7th 06 06:38 AM
by Paul Heslop Go to last post
2 138